Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2001, 11:37 AM   #1  

Default How many pts do you eat during PMS?

When it's PMS for me look out, I don't even track the points and naturally I gain a pound or two. Does anyone else have a certain number of points they allow themselves during this time, above and beyond the norm? I would love to know how people handle this.
Old 06-19-2001, 03:26 PM   #2  
cookies are for browsers

hi, Get Fit!

I had to get rid of my scale because the water weight fluctuates way too much. I found that weighing myself was not good because if I hadn't lost, I would go out of control again. Now that I've got rid of the scale, the accountability is knowing if I've stayed on plan or not.

Helps me, anyway. Good luck with it!
Old 06-19-2001, 05:57 PM   #3  

I read an article in Fitness magazine about calorie requirements during PMS. It said that your body actually did need more calories because it was preparing your body for pregnancy. HOWEVER - it does not need 5,000 calories of chocolate cake! It needs approximately 100 more calories per day, or roughly the equivalent of 2 more points. They suggested adding an extra high fiber snack (the examples they gave were carrot sticks and low fat dip or 2-3/4 cups strawberries) every day. I am going to try this myself and increase my point allowance for the week before my period.
Old 06-21-2001, 11:32 AM   #4  

I thought about your post when I went to the gynecologist yesterday for my yearly exam and I asked him why I was always so hungry a day or two before my period starts. He says it is, for some women, a way to increase nutrition prior to blood loss. His suggestions for the extra food included fruit, high protein (but low fat) foods.

Guess the fact that I want hundreds of hershey kisses doesn't compute there!!!!!

I think it is interesting that one of my sister's completely loses her appetite right before her period. HMMMMM...

Elaine
Old 06-23-2001, 09:08 AM   #5  

Hi everyone,

I have the same problem before my period. Seems you go along fine the first two weeks then bam all you want to do is eat everything in site!! I am going to try the strawberries, I tend to want nothing but sweets that week and I am always hungry!! Why can't we crave carrots and lower calorie stuff? I only wish I was one who lost their appetite!! That will never happen.

Good luck to all of us.

Daytona
Closed Thread