Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 11:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Default first week on core

Hi everyone,
I've been on WW for a while, doing flex. I've always wanted to do core but because I was living with my parents, flex was easier(dad cooked a lot and didn't like to make special things). Anyway, my son and I moved out a few weeks ago and I have been awful on flex so I decided this week to bite the bullet and go for core.
So far I have am on day 2. I made the veggie soup, bought core friendly food and have been reading some of your posts and menues.
I am hopeing that this will give me the jump start I need to get to my next goal. The one thing I am afraid of is not stoping when I am satisfied or full. How did you all deal with that? My leader explained the scale to me but as a former over eater, it seems hard to know when I am satisfied.
Let me know if you have any tips are ideas. And thanks for posting so many great recipies and menus.
Jennie
Old 10-03-2005, 12:00 PM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Jennie, first of all I want to welcome you to Core! I've lost 45.4 pounds, all on Core and have 115 left to lose to get to goal. I love to eat and want to be full all the time. I have been quite happy on Core and have not felt deprived or hungry all the time like on did on Flex because I was making bad choices. I can't stay online right now, but I'll definitely be back to give you some ideas of what I've done. I'd also like to say that I hope you give Core at least a month.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:02 PM   #3  
Melissa

Jennie, hi and welcome!! Glad to have you. Overeating is something that I think many of us would say we question/struggle with. The whole scale thing is difficult. This might be a bad answer, but to me, it is hard to overeat core foods. (It's super easy for me to overeat my 35 wpas each week) I mean, if you overeat green beans, what can really happen? Of course there are several core foods that can be dangerous (for me it is potatoes) but overall most of the core foods are kind of hard to overeat. Of course I know that I probably eat over the satisfied limit, but I have still lost when following the program.
Gosh that was rambly. I hope that it made some sense. Some of the more successful ladies will probably have a much better answer for you!
Old 10-03-2005, 12:47 PM   #4  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hi Jennie and welcome to Core - I think you will love it once you give it a try - it is just a healthy and wholesome way of eating (and I don't know how old your son is, but in fact you could certainly help him make some great eating habits using core foods).

I agree w/Melissa - the only you need to watch out for are the 35 extra points. As mentioned you won't get fat eating extra celery or grapes or the odd banana - you do need to watch out for your trigger foods (if I make mashed potatoes I know I will overeat them - my tummy tells me so when I am full, uncomfortable and bloated).

Even w/my extra points I try to avoid sugar or bad carbs (white flour) cuz that only induces cravings for more of the bad stuff. I use my points for the lf cream in my coffee, the 1 pt sf/ff fudge bars I like, and when going out for dinner or to a party.

I also recommend eating regularly so you don't get too hungry and your blood sugar doesn't drop - which will help you avoid grabbing something you shouldn't!

Good luck and come join us on our chat core board (currently #29).

Frouf
Old 10-03-2005, 07:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

hi, and thanks for the welcome. Day 2 went very well. I had 3 meals chalk full of veggies, and protein. I did have 2 pts of crackers at lunch. For dinner, I had brown rice veggies, and lean pork. it was very yummy and what I am most happy about, was that my snacks were fruit and not processed garbage I would eat becuase it was low cal, low fat, but full of who knows what that is bad for me.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:32 PM   #6  
Melissa

Jennie, that is one of the great things about core. It causes us to choose healthier snacks than we might on flex. Glad you had a good day!
Old 10-04-2005, 09:29 AM   #7  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Jennie,
Welcome to Core Board. I hope you end up liking it as much as I do. One way to control portions is to estimate a Flex-sized portion of meat, potatoes, etc. Fill your plate with 1/2 veggies, 1/3 carbs on program, and 1/3 protein. Eat and relax. See if you are satisfied with that amount. If you are really still starving, eat some more veggies or a tiny portion more of protein. This is not a punishing program. What I love about it is I can eat sensibly, have great healthy snacks that are not boring and still lose weight. Try not to let yourself get deprived and use a sensible approach to sizes of high caloric items. Hope this helps. Much of this is trial and error. I know when I'm hungry, I'll pop myself some popcorn in the microwave and be perfectly happy. I also know that I can have a piece of fruit anytime and that's wonderful.
I wish you lots of luck. I've lost almost 25# and am very happy on Core.
Itry
Closed Thread