Support Groups - Gettin' together -- October 2005

View Full Version : Gettin' together -- October 2005

dragonwoman64
10-01-2005, 12:34 PM
Good (late) morning, chicas.

The sun is shining here in Brooklyn. It's 67 degrees. Nice day :)

It's getting to be weather good for ratatouille making. Or a nice soup or stew. I'm starting to crave hot tea in the evenings.

I'm having to wear a jacket again to walk to the gym now.

I guess we're going to have to take the air conditioner out of the window :p

SwimGirl
10-01-2005, 10:18 PM
Awww, we are HOME!! Marge started the thread.. it just feels like home! It's very possible that I am PMS'ing... lol..

Marge - GREAT loss! You are a HUGE LOSER ;) I love that term!

Kimberley - I think a congrats should head your way too, you nipped that tiny gain RIGHT in the bud... does it get easier to go right back to dieting after having some time off?

I am SO wipped out right now... we were purposely short staffed at work today, and it was busy. So it actually worked out well, we were able to bring in good sales and save hours. I'm excited with how well things are going at work, I think I've even WORKED for this too.. every once in a while life just falls into place. I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts :) Alrighty, I am SO tired.. I'm going to go lay down and relax for a bit before I gotta head out! Have a great day, and WELCOME TO OCTOBER! BTW, where did Sept go?

-Aimee

jillybean720
10-03-2005, 07:35 AM
Woohoo, it's OCTOBER! :cb: That means it is almost time to moooooooove :dancer: I can't wait!!:dance: Of course, that means I should probably start packing soon, since I only have this week and next week. Hopefully, I'll get almost all of it done this coming weekend so when my parents get here on Friday the 14th, we'll be able to just pile it all in the truck and go!

We didn't get back to my place from Va Beach till about 11 last night, and poor Jef still had to drive from my place back to his house (almost an hour and a half drive), so I'm sure he's very sleepy today. We had a good visit down there, though, and my sister picked out a wedding gown! Well, 2, actually, and she and my mom are going to go back to both place to compare the 2 dresses again without trying on another 20 dresses in between like she did over the weekend--just those 2, back to back, which should make it easier to decide. For months, she has been looking for a halter-style dress--she had her heart set on this one she found online. I kept commenting that all the dresses I thought looked really nice in the catalogues were strapless, but she never liked them. Well, she tried on the halter-style dress she had seen online and just "had" to have, and she didn't like it--the 2 she narrowed it down to are both strapless styles ;) Apparently, she may also now be changing our bridesmaid dresses--the new color may be "apple" instead of "wine." I fear that I may look like an apple if I wear such a shade, but it is her wedding, not mine, so she can have whatever she wants :)

I didn't do as horribly with food over the weekend as I thought I might. I peeked at the scale this morning, and I'm only up about 2.5 pounds, and I know some of that is just water since we ate out a few times, and I drank NO water all weekend long, so it'll flush out over the next couple of days, as per usual. This weekend, we won't be eating out too much because I want to use up as much food as I can before I move so I don't have to worry about packing/moving frozen and refrigerated foods--I'll just use 'em up!

Excellent job on the losses, Marge and Kimberley! Aimee, I'm so glad things are working out for you at work! It just makes life so much easier when you're not constantly battling through things. And so glad to have you here with us, MadisonsMommy! I definitely admire you for wanting to set good eating habits for your little girl--I'm 23 and can barely take care of myself, let alone be responsible for another human life--you go! And yes, we definitely need to see some adorable little baby pictures ;)

dragonwoman64
10-03-2005, 10:41 AM
I almost posted in the September thread:

We were not-so-good this last couple days. Treated ourselvse to pizza twice; :blush:

this weekend I did a little stress/comfort eating, sheesh. Chinese food yesterday for lunch (but then we had cereal for dinner). Not outrageous, but I feel a little off kilter.

On a positive front, I found a cute pair of pajamas at Value City (local discount chain kind of like TJ Maxx, Marshall's, etc.). Oh, and two bras that actually FIT. Woo! I'm in a 40DD now, down from what I think *should have been* at 46DD. Nice to have my girls suspended more than 3" above my navel, LOL!

that's really funny, I went bra shopping yesterday! I was a 46 now I'm a 42C. The girls are happy I'm finally supporting them the way they need to be! :lol: Lane Bryant has these Clinique bras without underwire that are really comfortable.

dragonwoman64
10-03-2005, 10:55 AM
Apparently, she may also now be changing our bridesmaid dresses--the new color may be "apple" instead of "wine." I fear that I may look like an apple if I wear such a shade, but it is her wedding, not mine, so she can have whatever she wants :)
[color=indigo]

:lol: I've gone through that. I think most women who've been bridesmaids have to deal with the strange color and style that has to suit every girl, of every size, of every skin tone. Makes me laugh. I think I'd like to get married in a forest next to a lake with tennis shoes on! everybody can wear jeans.

"I'm excited with how well things are going at work, I think I've even WORKED for this too.. every once in a while life just falls into place. I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts--Aimee"

Well, that's very cool. :) I'm glad work is getting better. It feels good to see your hard work pay off too.

MM, you sound like you have a positive plan and attitude, that's 80 percent of the game in my opinion.

SwimGirl
10-03-2005, 12:33 PM
Marge - can I wear sweats? hehe...

Jill - Apple is an odd colour for a wedding, and to be honest.. how many people will look good in that colour, really? My friend is picking hot pink, which is a great colour on me... and then she's picked a halter style dress, which I just CANNOT pull off. I guess there is nothing perfect out there, eh!

Kimberley - Mmmm.. pizza twice? I haven't had restaurant pizza in months :( But I've somehow managed to still stay the same weight without it.. I must have added something else in.... teehee

Okay! I am off to work! Have a great one!

-Aimee

jillybean720
10-03-2005, 02:58 PM
She finalized it today--my sister officially has her wedding dress! Let's see if I can make the picture of it work on here...
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/att...tid=21454&stc=1

The color "apple" sounds like a bright red, but it's actually not that bad--a little darker and more subtle. If you care, you can check the David's Bridal website for a better idea of the color--seeing a whole dress in that color makes it much easier to picture. I'm just not really a big fan of the whole red family--I think I own like 1 red shirt in my entire wardrobe :p

Gardenwife
10-03-2005, 03:18 PM
Whoops, just catching up and posting to the right thread. :D Bridesmaid dresses...Oh, what memories. My mom had a co-worker who was a great seamstress, so when Howie and I got married, I had her make the dresses. The fabric was a subtle floral tapestry with mauves and soft greens; I chose a style that was something the girls could wear elsewhere after the wedding, and they all put the dresses to good use.

We had a lazy day yesterday. I pretty much just showered and slipped into my new PJ's. Howie multi-tasked, listening to a live webcast of the Washington Redskins football game while watching the Cleveland Indians play baseball on TV. Oh, and he flipped channels and caught bits of the Cincinnati Bengals football game, too. *Boring* ;) I took a long nap...Boy, did that ever feel good.

Gardenwife
10-03-2005, 03:18 PM
Link didn't work, Jill -- can you tweak your link?

SwimGirl
10-03-2005, 10:36 PM
Jill - I am on crack.. I was seriously picturing a lighter green... lol.. Can you guess what colour of apple's I eat? heh.

Kimberley - those lazy days are necessary! As for baseball, I suspect it would bore me as well.. heck all the football is making me go insane!! And now that hockey is back? Quite frankly I was happy it wasn't on, cuz I got the tv to myself! lol.

Well I'm wondering whats wrong with me... my friend just got a full time job paying 12 bucks an hour, while I'm still making 9.50/hr... which I had to fight for.. why can't I be happy for her? Like, I am happy for her, but at the same time, I've worked SO hard for SO many years to be making little to nothing. I definitely want to explore a better occupation, but it's hard to find the time when you are working all the time... I need a better attitude. I feel like I do a lot of complaining... and I hate that. I want a life where I have nothing to complain about! On a plus note... my old manager was fired today! This just makes me happy because she was frauding the company, and distroyed my store.. Karma...

-Aimee

Gardenwife
10-03-2005, 10:50 PM
I know, it's hard not to be jealous of friends. Most of our friends are managers in professions where they make a good bit more than we do. We look at the hours they put in, the responsibilities and stresses they deal with daily, and we think "ya know, maybe this isn't such a bad lot we're in". What line of work is this friend in? Is it even something you'd enjoy? It is hard to do well in retail, and you already know it can make for some exhausting days alternated with days so boring you have to pinch yourself to stay awake. LOL

SwimGirl
10-04-2005, 02:07 AM
Kimberley - her job is answering the phone, at a Lexus dealership, sounds much nicer than my job. Things are getting more and more busy for me at work, I have tons more paperwork to do, plus that whole setting an example crap! heh. I sometimes talk to her online while shes at work, or even on the phone... because she's rarely busy doing anything. Sometimes people do fall into jobs like that.. Life isn't fair, I need to deal with that.

I watched this show today, I have NO idea what it's called, it's a 30 min sitcom. It's about a family of doctor's, the husband and wife get divorced, and they have 3 grown Doctor children... holy COW I nearly pissed myself it was so funny! I am off to watch a little tv and get some sleep, I'm pretty tired. Have a goodnight!!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
10-04-2005, 02:14 AM
I see no reason why you couldn't get into receptionist type jobs. You know how to use a computer well enough to be posting at 3FC and you can answer a phone! :D

Howie and I are watching "Kitchen Confidential", a new series on Fox. It's based on Anthony Bourdain's novel and so far, it's funny. I don't know what show you're talking about...What network is it on, a US one or Canadian?

jillybean720
10-04-2005, 07:29 AM
Okay, let's try this picture thing again...
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=21463&stc=1

Now it should definitely work one way or the other--thumbnail and link :D

I was a lazy bum last night. I went home after work and just crashed on the couch watching tv (a bunch of shows on Discovery Health about people having babies--have to keep reminding myself that no, I'm not ready for that yet! but they're so cuuuuuute...). I wike up around 7:30, watched a little more tv, putzed around online, and went to bed around 10:15. Talk about getting absolutely nothing accomlished! Actually, wait, I did edit 2 reports online, so I earned a whopping $5 :cool:

Today will be different (I think I tell myself that every day). I have my bag packed in the car so I can go straight to the gym after work today. I also managed to go through my cabinets and see what I have for food so I could get ideas of what to eat this week and weekend in order to get rid of as much food as possible before I move.

Aimee, I hear you on the slight jealousy. I got annoyed when I started working here at CSC with a starting salary of $31,400, which come to about $15.10 an hour. Jeff, who does not have a college degree like I do and who does not have business experience like I do, got a job starting at $15 an hour, then got a $1 raise in like 6 months, so he was making more than me! He hadn't even applied for the job--he used to work only retail (which he now says he will NEVER do again...I think once you get out, you won't want to go back!). Well, he is good with computers and had once helped a friend set up a network for this company, so he met the President of the company that way, so when this position opened up as a full-time purchasing agent, the President of the company actually called Jeff while he was working at Circuit City one day and asked him to come in for an interview and gave him the job. It took me a million job applications, resumes, and interviews before I got my job! It all seems so unfair, but I sometimes feel that things happen for a reason. After I got over my jealousy, I realized that it was good for him in more than just the financial aspect--it really boosted his self-confidence a bit, and now that he has purchasing experience under his belt, it should be easier for him to find jobs in the future. It is annoying, though, because I feel like I work so hard (and have done so for a long time), but I think my hard work will eventually pay off, and I think yours will, too :^:

Maybe on your days off, you could check online and newspaper job ads for a receptionist or similar type of position. Even if it's not what you want to do for the rest of your life, it can be a great way to get your foot in the door of some great companies and get to meet some helpful people, not to mention you might make a bit more than in retail :)

SwimGirl
10-04-2005, 12:09 PM
You know, maybe I will look into something... I do have something under my belt that lots of people don't... I'm Metis, in the City, which means.. there are plenty of Metis Organizations around, I'm sure that would get me an "in" somewhere! I hadn't really thought about leaving my current position, I am SO tired of retail... it's SO draining, and with this girl leaving, I'm probably going to have to pull a 6 day week, combined with working the last part of last week, it's going to make it I believe 8 days in a row.. and with retail? Thats about 8 days too much! hehe.. Also on Wednesday, unless I can find someone, I'm working alone. 9:30am until 9:30pm, long day for no breaks, long day period. Hopefully there is a way to figure it out, but we are already short staffed, and since this girl was going to be promoted, we are going to have to hire someone from outside the store for this keyholder position. She gave NO notice, just told me last night on the phone that she's not going to be working her shifts at the store anymore. Whoops, I am running late, I have 20 minutes to find somethign to wear, blowdry my hair, do my makeup and eat, oh and make my lunch! Eek! Bye!

-Aimee

dragonwoman64
10-04-2005, 01:00 PM
Nice wedding gown! Really romantic. At my sister's wedding I wore a bustier type contraption under my bridesmaid dress :o :lol: Luckily it was a shade of pink, which works ok for me.

I think the salaries will be more important, say, 10 years down the line, when you're really into a profession. The beginning salaries in any field can be very low. When I started out in New York in publishing, a couple of years ago, ahem, I knew people making $12,000; considering how expensive it is to live here, that's an extremely low salary, even then. Lawyers and doctors don't make much when they start either, and they work like dogs.

Tomorrow is the funeral for Rob's brother. It's going to be a long day.

Take it easy, chicas.

Gardenwife
10-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Your families are in my prayers, Marge. That's just so rough. :(

Jill, that dress is *gorgeous*. WOW! :love:

Aimee, how about talking with a good local temp agency? Once you know your schedule for a week, maybe you could tell the temp agency you're available on your day off and go through their assessments. It's a good way to find out just where your skills lie and to see what kind of work you can do with them.

You might well make more than what you're making at the shop. Around here, if you do a great job for a temp agency and are available, they keep you busy. Many of the jobs lead to full-time, permanent positions; your temping is a way for the employers to give you a trial with little risk to themselves. Here in the US, we depend on our employer health benefits, so switching jobs can be dicey. You have a great advantage there since you're not having to worry about an employer offering health insurance.

jillybean720
10-05-2005, 12:30 PM
So, it's Wednesday. I would say I've done about 2 hours worth of actual work so far this week in the office. 2 of our managers are out all week, so you know how it is; while the cat's away...

Of course, I"m not just sitting here doing nothing. I'm working on things that are swarming in my head--I called the electric company to end my service next weekend, called ComCast to get my cable and internet straightened out (thought it's not quite yet), called my dentist wondering why I had gotten a bill for nearly $200 :o , emailed my sister about bridesmaids dresses...So I have been busy, just not with work-related activities :dizzy:

In any case, according to the scale this morning, I have successfully rid my body of the weight I put on over the weekend, which is always good (I am finding myself in this evil weekend pattern entirely too often), though I know my TOPS weigh-in tomorrow night is all that really counts. I did drag myself to the gym yesterday, though I almost had myself convinced that it would be okay to go home and take a nap instead :devil: I will head to the gym again after work this afternoon. I think next week, I'm going to start going to the gym at 6am and coming to the office from 7am-3pm. My manager wants me here till 3 when I have more direct contact with our client, which I don't yet, but I might as well get into the habit.

Marge, you make an excellent point about salaries. I know lawyers especially have to start out as basically legal secretaries and gophers (sure, Mr. partner-of-the-firm, would like cream in your coffee?). It's just so hard when you're trying to make ends meet and living month-to-month or even paycheck-to-paycheck--so frustrating!

And on the topic of careers...I'm thinking of going back to school for nutrition :o How's that for turning my world up-side-down? I can get an MS from the University of Bridgeport in CT through all online courses and a comprehensive exam on campus. There are more affordable schools (this one is $550 per credit, and it's a 31-33 credit program), but it was ranked well in the U.S. News top colleges (or whatever), so I think it's a reputable online program. I would have to take some undergrad-level prerequisites first (like biochemistry and basic nutrition), but I can likely do those at a community (or at least local) college. I'll have to look into more, of course, but the wheels in my head are certainly turning...:chin:

SwimGirl
10-06-2005, 12:07 PM
Phew, I'm SO tired and looking forward to a couple days off... which starts TODAY at 5:30pm!! Woohoo! Sorry I've been MIA, when I get home I barely have enough energy to make dinner, nevermind sit down and type.. which requires my brain unfortunately... lol.

Jill, How'd the weigh in go at TOPS?

Kimberley - today is YOUR weigh in, have you been going to the YMCA 3 times a week?

Marge - hi! :)

-Aimee

dragonwoman64
10-06-2005, 01:24 PM
Thanks, Kimberley.

Aimee, I've done temping and it can be a great way to get into a company. It can give you lots of flexibility, you can turn down a job if it doesn't suit you.

Usually an agency will give you all kinds of testing on computers etc, and they sometimes will help you get training -- since it's in their best interest to have you as highly skilled as possible.

Usually an agency will charge a company as much as $5 to $10 more an hour than you make, so the more money they get for you, the more money you get. Also, if a company hires you permanently the agency gets a commission. The company gets a chance to try out different employees before they invest in benefits, etc. Or sometimes they just need someone skilled to fill in for a short period.

If you work for a temp agency long enough you can become eligible for benefits too. I once knew a man who worked for a big bank here who worked through a temp agency so that he could take a month off every year to travel around the world with his wife.

Ok, that was probably much more than you wanted to know :lol:

Jill, sounds like you have lots of interesting things going on. Good luck with the dietician degree.

Gardenwife
10-06-2005, 02:39 PM
Hi, everyone. No weigh-in until tomorrow. And, I must confess I have not been to the YMCA in a week. That last time I went with my MIL, I flipped around weird when attempting to dive and pulled my lower back and hip - it's better, but still has been dogging me. I've also had some kind of crud going on with my lungs and sinuses; I'm hoping it's allergies, and getting back on the meds will clear it up. The last two weeks, I am wiped out before I even start! LOL Feeling pretty sluggy. :( TOM came and it's raking me over the coals - since getting off the pill, they've been heavy with bad cramps. It's like they're making up for "playing nice" over the 14 years of nice, regulated months.

On an up note, I'm doing the newsletter for one of the web hosts' clients now, so a little more work and extra income. So far, so good - I'm enjoying it. :)

Gardenwife
10-07-2005, 01:36 AM
Okay, I know I should have gone to the Y, but did y'all have to quit posting? :stress:

:lol3: I know it's not that...You all always post in the wee hours. Well, tomorrow I'll be up at that ungodly hour because I've got an appointment at the doctor's at 9:30am.

Anyone catch Jay Leno tonight? That George Cloony is such a cutie-pie, and I love the Blue Man Group!

jillybean720
10-07-2005, 07:25 AM
Well, tomorrow I'll be up at that ungodly hour because I've got an appointment at the doctor's at 9:30am.
:lol: Oh, to not have to get up until 8:30am would be DIVINE! So here I am at the office (it's 6:20am--been up since 4:30), and I just can't WAIT for the work day to be over! I want to go home and PACK (I know it doesn't sound very exciting, but it's such a big step toward MOVING!!).

TOPS weigh-in last night--I lost a whopping 1/4 pound :p Still better than gaining, plus it's great considering the food orgy of last weekend :o And dang it, I'm moving my ticker down to 279! :D

SwimGirl
10-07-2005, 02:16 PM
Goodmorning!! Oh wow, I slept SO good, we are talking just over 10 hours!! It felt good :) I decided this morning/yesterday at work, that I'm done with retail.. I was having an off day yesterday.. mostly because I was SO productive and my manager basically said to me that I wasn't productive at all... grr! So in the New Year I'm going to look into temping, I really need consistant income before then.. and I worry I wouldn't get enough from temping.. on the other hand.. maybe I'd get MORE? Hmm, I need to think about that for a while. Where do I find a temping agency anyways? I almost live in the boonies here.. I SO SO appreciate all this help advice and knowledge you gals are passing on to me. I honestly never thought of temping before, didn't really know it was an option.. though you needed to have certificates on how to use certain computer programs... all that stuff. I am a pretty good typer though! LOL, that comes from getting angry at someone online and having to type really fast to yell at them... teehee...

Jill - sometimes that 1/4 of a pound makes such a difference eh? If you got those weekends under some control... you'd be unstoppable!!

Kimberley - I ususally post at night... but lately I get home,have no brain power...so I watch TV.. heh. I gotta get more organized!

Alrighty, believe it or not, we are going to go Christmas shopping today... we like to get an early start! Have a great one! Wish me luck at the mall... all the teachers in my province are on strike, so kids will be EVERYWHERE!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
10-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Wow, Jill, you're getting up when I'm heading to bed some mornings. ;) Congrats on the loss this week!

Aimee, happiness is good sleep followed by shopping! For temp agencies, try going to google.ca and doing their local search for temporary employment agencies.

We did a little shopping online yesterday, but it was for us. ;) Howie's laptop battery only holds a charge for about 1/2 hour, so he got a battery on eBay. Since I've been doing more work on my notebook, not just puttering around, the need for RAM has been more noticeable, so I picked up 512MB on eBay. Later this month, we start socking this extra I'm earning into savings.

The doc says I have walking pneumonia (basically, pneumonia in its beginning stage). I didn't realize how short of breath I've been until I did some stuff around the house yesterday and felt like it knocked me on my butt. I watered some plants, came inside and showered...Part way through the shower I felt like I wasn't going to make it through it without sitting down. That's so not like me, especially since losing weight!

When the doc was listening to my lungs and having me take deep breaths, I realized how comparatively shallow my breaths are lately. It made me feel dizzy, too. And $10.50 later for Rx's, I have an antibiotic and inhaler. He also had me do a blood draw so the lab can see if I'm anemic; these heavy TOM's are very different for me, so they might be contributing to my tiredness. I swear, I can sleep 7 hours or 12 hours and I still feel like I could use more.

Here's to feeling better soon! And here's to weight loss: down a pound this week to 208. Whew!

SwimGirl
10-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Holy hannah Kimberley!! Good thing you went to the doctor, heal, forget the Y! Well Iguess you pretty much have to now for the next week or so.. I hope you heal fast, it's just not fun being sick!! Yesterday we did a fair bit of shopping for ourselves, oops! We did buy some things for Josh's neice, and we are giving Josh's cousin a bottle of wine for christmas, so I got a basket for it to go into, from Pier 1, I LOVE that store! We then hit up IKEA where we got some new kitchen stuff, and I bought some boxes to organize my closet... we both have SO SO many clothes, and right now they are in piles... it's bad..

Josh just called me from work, turns out.. he doesn't have to work today at all... so he got up early.. showered and went there for nothing! Of course when he figured it out he sat down and got some work done, that boy just works TOO hard! I guess we'll have some time to get things accomplished around the house today.. which is much needed...

Hope you all have a great Saturday :)

-Aimee

dragonwoman64
10-08-2005, 07:22 PM
walking pneumonia, holy cow, get thee to bed, Kimberley! The Y will still be there. (you are dang close to one-derland! you must feel great about that)

I think I'd try looking in the telephone book too, for temp agencies.
http://www.salary.com/careers/layouthtmls/crel_display_nocat_Ser105_Par202.html

Great job going Christmas shopping, it will probably take a good month before my head gets there. :lol:

The teachers were threatening to go on strike here too. They really don't get paid good salaries in the city. Usually the teachers in the suburbs get paid more, which doesn't make much sense considering how much higher the cost of living is in NY.

We've been eating out way too much the past week. I'm ready to get back in gear this week. One thing about keeping a journal and tracking the weight with my little charts is that it's too painful to let any excess behavior go on for more than a week :lol: I have it in black and white right there in front of me -- DIDN'T DO ALL HER EXERCISES, heh heh.

I met a friend of the family this week and she's a registered trainer and professional dietician. She sent me a bunch of articles to read. Anybody who'd like to read them too can pm me and I'll send you copies. I'm not sure they'll be anything we haven't already heard, but I usually find some tidbits.

Cloony is adorable! and with that Italian villa he lives in on Lake Como, forget it!

congrats on hitting the 70s, Jill. I know it always feels like a milestone to me when I make into the next set of 10.

Gardenwife
10-08-2005, 10:42 PM
I am taking it easy today...Slept until almost 4:00pm (about 4 hours late for me) and have been just snuggled up in my jammies and robe. Howie went to the coffee shop with my MIL, but I didn't feel like going anywhere. This has bee my whole evening. Nice! :D

Got a new hairstyle last night, not that you can tell with it all bed-mussed. My mom got a new 'do as well, a real departure from her norm. It's similar to mine (when I've not slept on it). :^: Lord, I'm going to start matching my mom!

SwimGirl
10-09-2005, 12:43 AM
I had a great shopping day! Josh and I napped... until about 2pm (like 1.5 hours), and then I headed to the mall with my friend. We tried on jeans (ick), bra's (more ick, what kinda push up bra pushes them up and OUT?!?). I bought a cute long sleeved t-short, some pj bottoms, and I needed some tinted moisturizer. We have fun, tried on some tacky clothes.. and I realized I might be smaller than I actually realize.. woohoo! Josh and I had japanese for dinner.. I guess our tastes are changing because it tasted VERY salty! Very good day for me :)

Marge - I always like to read weight loss related articles! I think it's always valuable to learn something new.. or at least refresh.

Kimberley - sounds like you've had an equally lovely day! You look super tanned in your pictures, I can't really see the hair cut.. I'm totally jealous of the tan!

Alrighty! I am off to get some cuddle time, and watch a movie! I like these long weekends, things just FEEL more relaxed! :) Plus Josh and I only have to work 4 days this coming up week... TGF Thanksgiving!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
10-09-2005, 12:49 AM
Happy Thanksgiving -- I forgot about that! Alas, it's not an awesome tan, just the lighting. My arms are nice and tan, but my face is beginning to lose its glow.

SwimGirl
10-09-2005, 02:08 AM
I have resorted to bronzer lately.. sad huh?

-Aimee

SwimGirl
10-11-2005, 01:15 PM
whats going on?!?! Where IS everyone?!?!?

HellllLLLLoooOOoooOOO???? heheh...

I have the day off today... I am hoping to climb into my closet and not come out until it's clean and organized!! Thats the plan anyways...

I have a feeling Josh might come home early from work today, I really do think he's got IBS, he's just SO sick these days and now pretty much refuses to eat anything at all, and when he does he eats TOO much, which only makes it worse. Poor Josh.. but more so, Poor AIMEE!! He's been taking his bad mood out on me, doesn't listen when I tell him what to eat, does make a girl wanan cure him.Phew... men sometimes!

Alrighty, I'm off to my closet... someone SAY SOMETHING!! ;)

-Aimee

dragonwoman64
10-11-2005, 05:48 PM
we are here, we are here, we are here! heh heh

Sorry, been a little occupied with this and that these past couple of days. After a long weekend work is always a bear too, tons of stuff to scan, fax, mail, file, type, organize, etc.

Kimberely, you're so photogenic. The fur kids are so adorable too.

It's funny, Aimee. I've been in a mood to get some organization going, and getting rid of some of the clutter. I went through a bunch of clothes to give away. All my nice skirts are too big now!! It's good, I know, but some of the stuff I barely wore. And I'm in the middle of sending the boss old bills, which is a project in itself. Rob's helping with that too.

I bet your bf comes crawling and apologizing for his extra grumpiness (been there! heh heh). I don't know many guys who are good patients. Ok, I get pretty "grumpy" too. (In quotes because what I really mean is b*tchy.)

This entire week will probably be overcast and rainy. If Friday is nice enough I'm hoping to have the energy to drag Rob to a garden on the Hudson River in the Bronx. I've never been there, I think I mentioned it here before.

Take it easy, chicas.

SwimGirl
10-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Marge, you are my american twin! Thats why! I would ideally like to have my whole house organized, but I just don't have the time, money, or energy to do it all by myself. And Josh just isn't into that sorta stuff... well I'll ask him.. no harm. I sure hope he does come home in a better mood, I'm planning to make a healthy meal, brown rice, and stirfried veggies. Hopefully it'll help heal his belly. Have you thought of getting some of your clothes taken in? Sometimes it's cheaper than buying more, and especially if you love your clothes.. my mom has been doing that. And since she's been taking so much in, the woman has been cutting her a deal.

So this cleaning the closet, easy and hard all at the same time... I am giving away a lot of clothes I don't wear anymore, that are too big (I've done this before, and gave away 3 bags of clothes), and I probably have a couple more bags. I've taken a big step as well... I went thru my "skinny" clothes, and decided it was time to get rid of some of them.. mostly jeans that are out of style now anyways. I don't really need to keep them around just to prove I used to have a 31 inch waist, so they are in the pile to get rid of. Phew, I'm sad to see them go.. they got me quite a few male callers... ;) I also found a HUGE stash of size 14-16 pants, and a few tops in the same size. I'm just on that border between a 16 and 18.. maybe 15-20 pounds. I'm excited, if I just lose that weight, I don't need to buy a whole bunch of new pants (which I'm lacking right now). Not that it's really just *that* easy to do.. but its easier than trying on a bunch of pants in some cases... hehe.. I'm just babbling now...I'm back to my closet!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
10-11-2005, 06:52 PM
Get back in that closet, young lady -- don't make me ask you again!

Sounds like something out of Mommy Dearest, LOL! I need to go through my closet yet again, mostly to get rid of the nasty t-shirts I've kept for gardening and doing stuff around the house. I should not need five nasty t-shirts and three pair of nasty jeans, ya know? By spring, I'll have a slew nasty-old stuff for the dirty work, only it'll be smaller nasty stuff. :dizzy:

Sorry I've been scarce, just still been feeling kind of puny plus we had a busy last couple days. The interviewer came out today to gather facts for the writer at People. He was such a cool guy, works out of his home in Cleveland and is very personable. Aside from his taking notes on a legal pad, it seemed more like we were just having a fun conversation. He asked us some computer questions while he was here, too -- we're always happy to talk tech.

The photographer is coming out next Tuesday, so I have a week to change my mind several times over what to wear. Ack! This is very exciting, even if it does put butterflies in my stomach. We asked the writer if she'd mention thehman.com and 3fatchicks.com specifically since both are such a big part of our success -- we'll see!

jillybean720
10-12-2005, 07:43 AM
I'm here, I'm here! Just been working and packing and packing and working...

So yeah, all of my kitchen cabinets and drawers are now completely empty, as are my closets, which is a relief because I know that all I have left to pack is just what I can see, ya know--nothing else hiding anywhere :dizzy: I should be able to finish packing tonight so I can spend tomorrow afternoon cleaning the few spots on the carpet, cleaning the bathroom, and cleaning the kitchen. Then Friday, we pick up the moving truck!! :D

I'm a little nervous about one aspect of the move--switching to a new TOPS group. The one I have right now is extremely active and suportive. I went to one with my mother when I was younger, and everyone acted like it was a chore to be there, and they even stopped having meetings over the summers. Hello, I need support year-round! I do not only diet when it's cold outside! So anyway, I am hoping hoping hoping that the new TOPS group I transfer to will be just as positive and helpful as the one I have now :^:

Kimberley, I was checking out theHman.com last night (amazed, of course, by both his and your progress pictures and your pet photography!), and I clicked on a link to someone else's blog page--the guy (I believe his name starts with an A...Alan?) who is eating like a gastric bypass patient without actually having had the surgery. I have to tell you, I was thinking about this just last week when I watched a show on Discovery Health about a woman who had the surgery and I saw what she had to eat afterwards and I thought, jeez, if we could just eat like that without the surgery, then we'd lose weight anyway! So when I saw his blog, I was immediately intrigued. I'm wondering, though (and I have not had time to read all of his posts from May to today--goodness, he is a dedicated blogger!), if he has seen a doctor in all this time? I'm just curious as to whether he has completely killed his metabolism and will never be able to eat like a normal person again, you know? I mean, consuming something like 7,000 calories in almost a MONTH will clearly make you drop some pounds, but I'm wondering at what cost? I was just curious if you knew anything more about him and how he's doing since I had been thinking about something very similar so recently.

dragonwoman64
10-12-2005, 01:44 PM
I think those skirts are too big for me to have them taken in, and there's a very pretty polyester dress from J. Jill that I wore maybe once. I have the bag of clothes ready to go, since the Salvation Army is gone, I'm going to have to find someplace close by that would want the clothes.....

Rob is more like a packrat/pile person than an organizer. I'm not perfect, but I get into moods where I want to clean and organize, organize, organize, get rid of clutter. Maybe it's a Venus/Mars thing. ;)

You'll have to keep us posted on the details of that article, Kimberley. That's very cool. I know I love reading about success stories. It's a great motivator for people, so you must feel good about that.

I just spent the last 1/2 hour trying to wrestle paper work from the local police precinct, I had to flip out before I could even get someone to do anything, and even then it wasn't resolved. You'd think I'd be used to excess bureaucracy from the jobs I've had. Sheesh! It's like never ending stress from the moment you have to leave the womb! :lol: :lol:

SwimGirl
10-12-2005, 01:51 PM
Goodmorning, I woke up to some familiar, yet, horribly painful cramps... which explains all my weird cravings lately.. like chocolate.. I really don't *like* chocolate all the time, I could leave it most of the time infact.. I'm hoping it won't impact my detox at all. I start that tomorrow, I'm pretty nervous. I had high hopes of eating the diet part of it all week, but that just didn't turn out the way I had planned for it to. I have however cut down on bread, pasta and sugar.. just not cut out yet.

Jill - I always hate the cleaning part of moving, I actually moved into a place once that was still full of stuff of the old tenants, including them! They were moving downstairs and were taking their sweet arsed time, I got there Sept 7th! I even had to clean the house once I got in there... ewww.. I just remember when I moved out the landlord threatened not to give me my damage deposit until I explained the condition of the place when I took it over. It's going to be exciting moving in together, I'm excited for you! Even if you get a not-so-enthused TOPS group, you could always turn it around for them! Sometimes things get boring and they just need someone new around to spice things up!As that guy in EVERY Adam Sandler movie says " You can do it!" heh.

Kimberley - whats happening with People? Are they doing an article about you two? And why isn't the actual writer there? I'm so confused now!!

Marge - Get someone to do something about what may I ask? Have you tried a woman's shelter? We used to donate clothes from my old job to a shelter that was helping women find jobs.. they didn't have dress clothes so apparently it really worked! :)

BTW, my closet looks GREAT, I have a huge pile of clothes to give away.. and yet a huger pile to KEEP! I am so clothing greedy. Alrighty, time for me to go find food, and do that work thing again! Have a good one!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
10-12-2005, 04:53 PM
Jill, exciting times ahead for you! Hope your new TOPS chapter rocks. Like Aimee said, even if it doesn't, maybe you'll be the needed infusion of new blood.

Marge, I'm a piler/packrat. Howie is, too, but not as much as me. My big nemesis is the ever-accumulating piles of coupons, magazines, miscellaneous papers, etc. on my rolling laptop desk. Aaaargh. I knnow all the organizer tips for controlling it, just don't seem to keep going with 'em. I guess it's like dieting or anything else, I need to make it a habit and be consistent until it's second nature. Still, it's a lot better than it used to be.

Aimee, it's still a writer from People doing the article. The reporter who interviewed us is a freelancer writer who does work for People, various ad agencies, etc. Normally, he writes ad copy and stories, but for some reason, People has people like him go out and build a file (gather pertinant facts and quotes), then they do the actual writing. He said it's always a little weird for him working with them because he passes off all his notes and write-up, then they do the story.

SwimGirl
10-13-2005, 01:54 AM
Kimberley - thats pretty cool.. let me know when it's coming out! I'll definitely pick up a copy!

Phew, I had a hard day... emotionally. I just wanted to stay at home, in bed, but alas I had to go to work. Work itself was alright.. I just need my bed!

-Aimee

jillybean720
10-13-2005, 07:40 AM
I have 95% of my packing done--all that's left is a load of laundry I still have to wash, a few bathroom items that I need to use still, and little things like my alarm clock and desk lamps and curtains. This afternoon is time to clean (though I think I will save the vacuuming for Saturday after we are all done putting everything in the truck--that way, I can pick up all the dirt we track through the place while walking in and out).

I just calculated all the mileage we have to go to get everything in the rental truck. The price of the truck includes 117 miles, and our total trip (from picking up the truck in Glen Burnie, MD; driving to Jeff's house in Glen Burnie; driving to Sterling, VA, to pick up the "new" couch and chair; driving to Manassas, VA, to pick up my stuff; driving to the new apartment in Alexandria, VA; and then to the truck return place in Alexandria) will be about 125 miles--so close! But it's only 56 cents a mile to add on, so I will call today and reserve like 20 extra miles just to be safe. Whew, that's a lot of driving!

I weigh-in tonight for the last time at my Centreville TOPS--hope I leave on a good note!

dragonwoman64
10-13-2005, 01:53 PM
Aimee, you Canadian genius. We have a women's shelter up the street. I'll give them a call. Sorry to hear about your day. Take it easy, and do something to pamper yourself.

I actually moved into a place once that was still full of stuff of the old tenants, including them! --Aimee

Eeck! Once, I had a roommate that was moving out with the new one moving in the same day. The one moving out was so lackadaisical (that's putting it so nicely), I actually ended up having to call a friend of mine, get large garbage bags, and we helped her pack by putting the stuff in bags.

We still have paper work connected to Ruben's estate that we have to do through the police. I can't stress enough that no matter what age and in what health you're in, you should have a will. It's really a struggle just to deal with a loved one dying, dealing with all the legalities of an estate in limbo is even tougher. And that's with the family all being on the same page and cooperating.

Well, I'm no Monica (a Friend's reference). I certainly have tons of books that I keep and will probably never read again. And I'm staring at a desk full of papers that I need to go through. And filing? Not my strong point. Rob helps me with that all the time, haha, and I was just complaining about HIM being the pack rat!

Good luck with the weigh in, Jill.

Hope you all are getting sunnier weather than we are! RAIN RAIN RAIN!

dragonwoman64
10-13-2005, 01:57 PM
I wanted to share a story with you all and forgot to include it on the previous post:

Robert was talking to a neighbor that he sees all the time. She said to him, I'm so sorry about what happened to your brother! So, I guess that means you have an apartment available? (she's apartment hunting).

This is a true story, not a bad tv script about living in New York.

SwimGirl
10-13-2005, 02:35 PM
Goodmorning! I'm having another hard day... I suspec it's closely related to Josh's illness. I spend so much time taking care of him, that when I'm done I'm exhausted. And who wants to make breakfast twice, lunch twice, dinner twice, plus Josh needs snacks, but certain kinds of snacks. So I'm responsible for all of that, and he's refusing to go to the doctor. I should change my ticker because since Josh got sick in June I've put on 10 pounds, doesn't sound like much, but I'd say it took me 8-10 months to take that off. Alrighty, enough complaining from me..

Jill - Good luck with your Weigh-in! :)

Marge - I am pretty darn smart, eh? ;) Thats pretty hard, dealing with Ruben's stuff, you are one strong cookie! So confession? My desk is covered in papers, piled HIGH, all needing to be read, sorted, and filed. My livingroom table? COVERED in dishes, which is sad because of how many dishes I just did. I need to get organized and get everything DONE, but I'm cleaning up after two people, doing the cooking, and dishes! Phew, no wonder I am so burnt out... it's coming at me from everywhere..

This clearly isn't going to stop... my complaining.. so I'm gonna go DO instead of talk about it.

-Aimee

SwimGirl
10-13-2005, 02:36 PM
Marge- that is a pretty bad story... but how much is it going for ? ;)

-Aimee

Gardenwife
10-13-2005, 03:37 PM
Ack -- there were several posts in between the last one I read and this reply -- sorry! More in a moment!

~~~

It's slated to be in the January 2006 issue.

Feeling any better today, Aimee?

Last night found me zonked out at 8:30pm. I woke up briefly when Howie got home because a coworker was telephoning right as he pulled up to the curb. Howie had to go right back into work! Both me AND the dogs stayed zonked when he got back home. Just got up at 1:00pm. Looong night's sleep. Felt good.

Gardenwife
10-13-2005, 03:50 PM
Robert was talking to a neighbor that he sees all the time. She said to him, I'm so sorry about what happened to your brother! So, I guess that means you have an apartment available? (she's apartment hunting).

Good HEAVENS, what bad manners!

Aimee, maybe you should let Josh fend and forrage for himself until he agrees to go to the doctor. Taking care of everything might be making it really easy for him to just, well, let you take care of everything.

SwimGirl
10-14-2005, 02:34 AM
I don't know that I'm feeling better.. it's almost likely that I feel worse. I'm SO quick to cry, it's insane. Stress I tell yah, I just can't handle it lately. Josh went to the doctor, he told him everything I did, and sent him for tests. Those will take a week to complete, but the doctor thinks its IBS. The reason Josh went to the doctor is because someone at his work told him he needed to, I guess he trusts her judgment more than mine? Why am I thinking that way? It's just everything, phew, my msn nickname says "life is stressful - I quit". If I could quit, I totally would! On the plus side, Josh is feeling better, he has some answers and now can go into action to make it better.

Kimberley - I'm SO gonna pick that up, and show everyone.. thats pretty cool!! How are you feeling these days? Any better? Thank you for asking about me, it's hard, I know a lot of people care, but I just can't bring myself to open up to anyone. I probably share about 1/4 of the things bothering me, I just don't want people to think less of me, to think I'm complaining.. that sorta stuff. Other people just seem to have bigger problems than me, so why bother them?

Alrighty, I'm going to go get some sleep, I have to get up in the morning and open the store, so I'm off! Have a good night/morning!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
10-14-2005, 02:50 AM
If you ever want to PM me, I'll listen. :) Glad Josh went to the doctor's...Don't take it personally that someone else told him that and he listened. We all ignore our families' advice from time to time, yes? The good thing is, he's getting it looked into.

jillybean720
10-14-2005, 07:06 AM
Aimee, I'm definitely glad that Josh finally caved and did the doctor thing--good boy! Sometimes we don't take advice until we hear it from multiple people, ya know? At least I know I do that sometimes. I never think I should go to a doctor about anything, but my mother always tells me to go. I don't normally go unless my sister tells me to go, too--her and her finace both work in the medical field, so if they think something is serious, then I begin to take it very seriously as well. Maybe Josh just needed a second opinion to confirm yours, ya know? In any case, I'm glad he may find a solution and get better!

Marge--My gosh, what and insensitive neighbor! I've seen things like that in sitcoms, but I didn't think real people could be so oblivious of their heartlessness. Apartment hunting or not, I don't know anyone who could ever say such a thing. Even if you're thinking it in your head (and we all have guilty thoughts sometimes!), you certainly don't mention it to a family member; you just go to the building manager. Jeez, some people's kids...

Kimberley--I'm glad you got lots and lots of sleep...that's one of the best cures for any ailment! ;)

As for me, I was down 2.75 pounds at TOPS last night, which brings me to 276.25 :D I was glad to have my last meeting with that group end on a good note. However, it would have been nice to have lost one more .25 of a pound because then it would have been an even 30 pounds lost since I joined the group (I had lost a few pounds before joining, so my TOPS starting weight was 306). Oh well--a loss is a loss, and I have certainly been slow in that department lately, so I'll take it!

Well, I told my manager I was leaving WAY early today--I have to return my cable box and modem to my cable company, do a walk-through of my apartment with the property manager (to assess any damages--not that there are any), finish cleaning the bathroom, do one last load of laundry, remove the brackets on the walls from my curtains, disassemble/pack up my computer, disconnect all tv accessories (DVD players, VCRs, video games)...so I've got a lot to do today, and it all have to be done by 2:30-3pm at the LATEST because then we have to drove all the way to MD for the truck that we have to pick up at 4:30 (and you never know how traffic on the Beltway will be :devil: )...so I was planning on working 5:30am-10am, which is still just over half a day for me. Well, I get in this morning and find a message waiting for me to sit in on a conference call and take notes on the discussion from 10am-noon :mad: I'm going to do my darndest to get out of it, but I know everyone else is pretty bust, too, so I don't know if I'll be able to find a replacement. My parents will be here around 2 today to help with the move, so I need to have everything done as much as possible before they arrive (after their 8-hour drive, I know they're going to be a little tired and not want to help me clean, that's for sure!). So yeah--here's hoping I can somehow fenagle (sp?) my way out of this one!

dragonwoman64
10-14-2005, 01:42 PM
Aimee, I didn't realize that Josh's problem was so serious. I don't know much about IBS. My sister in law complains about having that (but I'm 98 percent sure she doesn't; that's what probably made me not take notice when you mentioned it at first).

I tell Rob, and I think I heard it on Dr. Phil, which officially makes me a talk show parrot!, that the most stressful situation to be in is one where you don't have the control -- to make the decisions or take action. I know for me that if I feel like I have something seriously wrong going on physically, facing it can be tough (I'm a coward when it comes to my own medical well being). I'm glad to Josh finally went. Sometimes when a third person, who isn't emotionally involved, says something it's easier to take, you know?, then the ego isn't so at stake.

I've gained about 5 lbs since this whole family situation started. We've been eating out a lot, and I've been letting my sweet tooth overtake me. I let some of the exercise slip too. So I hear you with that one, chica bonita.

I'm impressed with all that you have going on, Jill, that you keep such good losses going. Congrats :)

Gardenwife
10-14-2005, 03:00 PM
O, stress! These throes of moving day
These boxes loom in piles and sway!

Jill, hope you got out of work on time and are in the midst of your unplugging, cleaning and all that fun stuff. Congrats on the loss! Check back in when you're all plugged in again. :D

Marge, the whole month of September was my testing grounds. Finally, in October I'm heading in the right direction. Don't be too hard on yourself, just pick back up and go.

I'm down 2 pounds this week to 206 -- it was sooo teetering on 205, but I decided to go with the higher number.

SwimGirl
10-14-2005, 10:01 PM
Hey gals! Work today wasn't as bad as I origionally thought it was going to be! :) It went fast, although I had to call Tech Support due to a register problem.. the man was VERY rude to me. It's okay though, because my brother will go kick his butt should he do it again.. lol. It's very cute, won't happen, still nice to have a brother who would OFFER to do that.. I feel the love.

Jill - when you talk to us next you will be all set up in your new place!! Thats pretty exciting! And congrats on that weigh in.. BIG congrats!! :)

Kimberley - thank you for that offer... and perhaps I will take you up on that some day soon, today I'm feeling.. nearly happy, not gonna think about ANYTHING bad! Ah yes, denial! I've tried this denial thing regarding a doctors diagnosis that I'm depressed, which incidently could explain my moody-ness! I refuse to admit that I could be sick, be it my stomach pains (mostly food related) to that "d" word. My reasoning? My brothers gf wanted to be sick, kept finding different things, and eventually she did end up sick.. I'd prefer to think I'm healthy and BE healthy. I'm babbling now..

Marge - I always find things stressful when it's 100% up to me to make decisions not only for myself, but for others who will inevidibly complain about it later... Is that odd? The IBS thing is definitely not pleasant when you don't know what it is.. symptoms are, bloody stool, diarrhea for weeks on end, to the opposite of being stopped up.. and everything Josh eats runs thru him in about 15 minutes tops.

Alrighty, my friend just called, she'll be here in 10 minutes, I gotta go find myself something to wear! I'll talk more later!!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
10-14-2005, 10:23 PM
Hey, you. :) They checked Josh for colitis and crohn's disease, right?

SwimGirl
10-15-2005, 03:47 AM
Kimberley - they are testing him for quite a few things, it's a 3-4 days process for all the "collecting", and they sent him for blood tests as well. He is feeling MUCH better, his trips to the washroom have been cut in half.. if not more. We won't know for sure for a few more days/weeks what it is exactly, they definitely haven't eliminated anything yet. BTW - I wanted to congratulate you on those 2 pounds, you've definitely been working for those last few pounds... you just keep at 'er, it's impressive!

My friend and I went to dinner, had a few drinks, flirted with the waiter, it was a nice night out. We giggled so much my jaw was sore... it was GREAT fun :) Alrighty, I'm going to get some sleep... I shall talk to you ladies tomorrow! :)

-Aimee

dragonwoman64
10-15-2005, 12:14 PM
thanks, Kimberley. I know both you and Howie have been through so much stuff lately. You are just dropping the lbs, woman! Congrats! (I loved that quote too, ha.)

My brothers gf wanted to be sick, kept finding different things, and eventually she did end up sick.. I'd prefer to think I'm healthy and BE healthy. I'm babbling now..--Aimee

Rob's sister has this problem. I'm definitely of the school that I thank the powers that be every day that my loved ones are basically ok, and that I'm ok. I really value health (one of those things you say that it seems like everyone would feel the same way, but that's not true).

Poor Josh. He's lucky to have you, Aimee. :) I'm glad you and your friend got to go out and have some fun! Nothing like a good night of giggling.

Rob and I got through some serious filing yesterday (we--actually I, Rob's helping out of the kindness of his heart--have a big job, since I've been ignoring the filing for, ahem, "a while." (the quotes mean MONTHS) and I have to send a bunch of stuff to the big boss.

Finally the sun is poking out of the rain clouds today!!! Gonna go for a nice walk near the park and chill a little.

Have a good one, ladies!!

Gardenwife
10-15-2005, 12:44 PM
Hey, ladies! Today's Pumpkin Day, the annual special get-together we have with our best friends and their kids. We go out to a local farm which has Halloween-themed decor all during pumpkin harvest season, with lots of things for kids to do, great displays and photo ops, an area set aside with goats the kids can feed and pet, etc. We've been doing this with our friend since before they even had kids, since the mid-90's, I think. :)

Marge, the filing is so hard to get started on, isn't it? Howie and I both have regular chairs in our office -- his a regular upholstered chair and mine a recliner -- and everything tends to pile around us. I have a rolling laptop desk with a couple little cubbies for filing trays, and they're stuffed!

SwimGirl
10-15-2005, 03:45 PM
Goodmorning! The sun is shining here as well, I'm not entirely sure what we are going to do with it... like going for a walk, etc.. Definitely going to air out this house! Last night I opened all the windows and the door for about an hour, it was downright WARM out! I was fine in sandles, t-shirt and pants. And of course it poured all night because it was so humid.. Odd weather for BC.

Marge - I got all this great stuff from my brother, including a nice filing meshy-box type thingy, with green folders, now I just need to get the actual file folders to go in it. Of course I've been avoiding buying them... hehe.. I'm sure it'll feel good once its done, but I did my big project for the week (my closet). Enjoy that sun! Soon it'll be winter in NY, and I am dreaming of that huge tree... and ice skating! lol.. My friend and I were talking about travelling, and we think somewhere overseas first, like Greece, Paris.. Italy. Lots of saving to do for that!

Kimberley - sounds like fun! I went to a pumpkin patch last year, it included all that sorta stuff, and they did a hay ride to the ACTUAL patch where everyone got off and picked up a pumpkin. We took my friends son, it was pretty fun! Have fun, although I'm sure you will!!

I have to head to work today, the girl who opened this morning didn't bother to pick up the keys to actually open the store, so she came up to my place at 8:30am to get them. So I need to get them for tomorrow. Josh got a call from the doctor, so he's gotta head back there today. I don't know if it's urgent, but he likes to get things done right away. That poor boy, mornings are SO SO rough on him, I'd say he spends half his morning in the bathroom with stomach cramping. Maybe the doctor can offer some advice on that.. Alrighty! I am off to find some breakfast and then we are out! Have a good one!

-Aimee

dragonwoman64
10-16-2005, 05:28 PM
the filing is so hard to get started on, isn't it? --Kimberley

you said it! I had all the paperwork in nice folders in a wire file holder, sigh, heh heh. It just kept expanding....

Your story about the pumpkin patch got me all excited about Halloween. I bought one of those pumpkin carving kits today, we'll probably carve pumpkins next weekend. Went to mass with my sil and then took her out to lunch. She's never tried a mimosa so I got her one.

Today is sunny but really windy, and chilly. Christmas is a great time to be in NY. The tree and the skating rink are fun to see. And the stores around 5th Avenue get all decorated. I like the craft booths they have at Grand Central and Bryant Park too.

I think in the upcoming years foreign currencies are going to do better against the euro. Some good thing about Paris: you don't need a car, you can find cheap hotels, and the public transportation is cheap and good (and you can walk, great city to walk in). Usually you can find good prices on flights too. Greece is supposed to still be very cheap. And from what I've heard, tourists are starting to discovery Eastern Europe. I love planning trips, so if there's anything I can help with don't hesitate to drop me a note.

I was up all night with cramping leg muscles, I started to do too much exercise again too soon, duh!

Rob's making spaghetti for dinner. Smells good. Have a good evening, ladies!

jillybean720
10-17-2005, 08:56 AM
I'm alive! I'm in the new place and have the "new" furniture and LOVE it :D Moving out of my old place was a breeze--moving into the new place was a bit of a fiasco because the elevators apparently have minds of theor own and liked to mess with us while we were trying to move things up to the third floor from the basement :devil: We finally got it all in, though, so it's all good now :)

I was worried about the longer distance to work, but it took me almost exactly 30 minutes to drive from our new place to the gym (went to the gym before work, but my gym is only about 2 miles from my office, so about the same distance overall). From my old place to the office, it took about 20 minutes because of a little traffic and a bunch of stop lights. Now, I'm more than twice the distance, but it's almost all highway driving and in the opposite direction of the major flow of traffic, so it only took 10 minutes longer--yay!! :)

No internet for my computer at home yet--the cable guy didn't bring us our internet self-installation kit, so we have to go to the Comcast office later to pick one up. Jeff has internet--someone in the building doesn't have their wireless connection protected, so Jeff's computer is now using their internet :dizzy: Mine doesn't do the same because I no longer have the drivers for my wireless thingy installed, and who knows where that disc is amongst the piles of boxes :p Doesn't matter much, though since we will have our cable internet up and running shortly.

So today, I have to call Vonage (we have our phone through the internet) and get a local phone number in order for people to be able to buzz us from the front door. I also have to call Comcast before I go to pick up the internet installation kit because we ordered DVR service, and it isn't working :mad: We also have to have our moe-in checklist of any damages in the apartment done by Wednesday (so we don't get charged for things that were already damaged when we move out!), and at some point, we REALLY have to go grocery shooping--as nice as it is to have McDonald's for breakfast and Subway for dinner every day, my waist line and my wallet are both feeling the pain :s:

Aimee--hope Josh is feeling better! Whenever we eat out, food goes through Jeff in like 15 minutes, too. I don't get it--he must have only about 2 feet of intestines in there!

Kimberley--hope pumpkin day went well! When I lived in CT, we went apple picking every year. We would get over 50 pounds of apples, and my mother would make apple pie, apple sauce, apple crisp, baked apples...when my parents came down this weekend to help us move, they brought me a small bag of apples they picked :)

Marge--I agree...Christmas is a great time to be in NY! When I lived in CT, we would sometimes take a bus trip to NYC for the day to do the touristy-shopping thing. We'd take pictures by the skating rink and browse through the ridiculously-huge stores. Now you're making me want snow!! ;)

dragonwoman64
10-17-2005, 01:37 PM
Jill, whew! you did it, girl! Now you get to kick back and relax, and decide where you're going to put the Josh Holloway poster! :lol:
http://www.josh-holloway.com/

I feel so unmotivated today. I'd like to just curl up in bed and nap. Unfortunately, billing calls!! It's 59 degrees right now, can you believe we just took out our air conditioner yesterday?? Are we seeing a pattern of procrastination here??

I'm going to make myself some hot chocolate then draft a couple of bills.

Have a good Monday (bleck, don't like the M word), gals.

SwimGirl
10-17-2005, 01:48 PM
Goodmorning!! I'm waiting for my hair straightener to heat up, so I thought I'd pop by and say hi!!

Jill - WB, sounds like you two are on your way to being settled into the new place. Wouldn't you rather drive a little bit further, as long as you aren't having to deal with traffic? Thats my thought anyways :)

Marge - I love shopping, love love love shopping, incase I hadn't mentioned. So I love Christmas, it gives me the excuse to shop, without feeling guilty! This Friday and Sat we are going power shopping... I also need to buy a new bra, my underwire JUST popped out, GRRR!! Lane Bryant discontinued my bra, so I now have to search for a new one. Last time we were in Seattle I tried on bra's for a good hour, nothing fit properly.

Alrighty! My straightener is HOT! I am off, talk to you gals later!

-Aimee

dragonwoman64
10-18-2005, 11:52 AM
Morning, all.

You know, I've sort of lost my urge for major shopping. I've even been known to buy a lot of my clothes on-line or by catalog. I get my bras at a Lane Bryant in Manhattan, near Macys. Macys has the worst large sized clothing, either is very high end or just looks frumpy.

I hate it when the wires pop out! I've given up on underwires (at least for a while).

I need to get my energy back. I've been having to lay off the exercise for a few days because of the cramps in my leg muscle. I miss it! (never thought I'd say that!!) I don't know how those people do so much exercise on the Biggest Loser and never get really injured where they have to slow it down.

jillybean720
10-18-2005, 12:30 PM
LOL I'm not so sure Jeff would appreciate the Josh Holloway poster (although he may not notice if I just use it as the wallpaper on my computer desktop ;) ).

I absolutely love driving to work without traffic! I'll take the 30-mile trip over the 12-mile trip any day to avoid all those cars and stop lights :dizzy:

Well, we got our internet up and running last night. We just need to get one more network cable to connect the phone (we have phone service through Vonage, so it uses our cable internet connection instead of a phone line), and then we will be all set! Of course, we went and got our new cable box (dolts installed the wrong one), so now or DVR works, but now our OnDemand isn't working! Ugh, always something, right? I'm taking bets on how many times I'll have to call Comcast before they finally get everything right :p

SwimGirl
10-18-2005, 02:15 PM
Goodmorning! I am off today :) Wouldn't it be nice to only work 4 days a week? Thats about all I can handle, lol. When I went to bed last night I had a headache on the left side of my head, and woke up with it on my right side, how odd, eh? I require coffee!

Marge - How could you lose your lust for shopping? I'm shocked!! hehe. I can't imagine buying things online, my body is very weird to fit, I can rarely find clothes that fit properly. For cramps in the leg? Take a cal/mag with a HUGE glass of water. Josh gets calf cramps, and I make him do that, and then rub some tiger balm into the sore calf. What part of your leg is it? You do gotta wonder how those people on the Biggest Loser manage, I mean, I barely exercised and then one day went out and did a 10km walk race. Afterwards I came home and pretty much died, Josh had to give me muscle relaxer, and put tiger balm on my legs.

Jill - It's so funny when you move in with someone, tastes change, you gotta think of the other person before you'd buy, say, a poster of a goodlooking man.. Our calender is now has weather pictures (vs basketball as Josh had before). I think it's interesting how it's become "we", it's sounds SO cliche, but part of it is just being considerate for the other person...

I've been cutting back a bit lately, eaitng lower fat, eating more often, so far it's going alright. Today I am having an apple as my first meal, and I'll have a smoothie in a couple hours.. I don't know if it'll work for me, but I'm giving it a go! Alrighty, I'm off to find some kinda headache relief!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
10-18-2005, 04:17 PM
Hey, everyone. I'm kinda laying low today. Howie and I managed to catch our friends' cold, so feelin' puny is still the status quo here. :p On the plus side, I'm not that hungry! LOL

SwimGirl
10-18-2005, 05:22 PM
Kimberley - sorry to hear you are feeling crummy! Definitely a good idea to lay low, drink some tea... mmm and chicken noodle soup, I always want that when I've got a cold. It's not even that my mom fed me that either, she always made homemade soups.

I decided to get some exercise to see if that would help my headache, and it did! However shortly after I stopped the headache came back, so I did a little MORE exercise, and it stopped again.... but it returned shortly afterwards. Josh is going to bring me a vanilla latte, nothing else will shake this darn thing! Grr...

-Aimee

dragonwoman64
10-19-2005, 12:12 PM
Jill, when I lived in California I loved to drive -- on the freeways with not as much traffic. It really relaxes me. Now, living in NY, I barely drive at all. Do you believe I STILL haven't got my CAL drivers license changed over to NY? Is someone having problems letting go??

(and yes, Josh Holloway is a babe! speaking of which, tonight's another episode...)

Aimee, thanks for the muscle cramp tips. I did use tiger balm, but hadn't heard of the supplement thing. I think it's the quadriceps in the thigh. It will be fine, then start cramping really bad for about 10 seconds, then go away again.

re: biggest loser, the only thing I remember seeing a problem, was the first episode when one of the guys yarked several times. Frankly, before I started exercising if I'd had to run up a hill I probably would have been flat on my back wheezing in about 10 minutes! Ah, well, the magic of television.

Most the clothes I get from catalogs is t-shirt type stuff, blouses, sweaters. I bought my jeans at Lane Bryant. Now that I'm working out of my apartment I can get away with having a pretty casual wardrobe. I can't say I don't like to shop, because I would still go out there are do plenty of it given the chance. I think not going helps keep the back account at a healthy number, heh heh.

Feel better, Kimberley! You were probably run down from the bronchitis and caught the cold easier. It can take a little time to get back on your feet, so pamper yourself as much as you can.

I managed to curb the junk food and night eating pretty well this week. I had to skip quite a bit of my usual exercise, so I predict maintaining or having a small loss at the scale on Friday, which is ok considering.

Have a good one, gals. The sun is shining here, and it's about 61 degrees. Very pleasant and fall like. I have my cozy sweat shirt on. And I'm staring at my new monitor: AccuSync 900.

jillybean720
10-19-2005, 12:26 PM
Marge--I sometimes enjoy driving. It really depends on my mood. Around here, the traffic is so insane that it usually just stresses me out more. I don't mind driving up to CT (about 7-8 hours) or down to Va Beach (about 4 hours), though, because those long drives on calmer roads are much more soothing :)

Kimberely--I second Dr. Marge: pamper thyself well! :D

Aimee--at least you exercised twice, so maybe you burned off the calories of the vanilla latte before you even drank it ;) In any case, I hope your head feels better!

Well, we finally got everything straightened out with Comcast. Our cable works, our phone works, and our internet works--we are officially up and running! I still have to call them one more time, though, to find out how to program the remote for my tv and then to complain about having to pay for installation when he installed the wrong box, so we had to get a new box and install it ourselves! :dizzy: Other than that, it is LOST night, man! Woohoo! :D

SwimGirl
10-19-2005, 11:03 PM
Hi! I decided to skip my morning sit down and read/post, I am finding I don't have enough time in a day to accomplish everything people require from me. So it's time to cut back a little! I managed to have time to prepare breakfast and lunch this morning, and we left early, so I guess I really DO spend a lot of time on here in the morning.

Marge - I think if I could live in sweat pants I might, sweat pants and pj's, hehe. I've decided that the biggest loser SUCKS, I mean, girls CLEARLY lose weight slower, plus if you add the fact that all the girls are closer to their goal weight than the guys.. it's NOT fair. They better fix that next week, or I might hurt someone. How do licenses work in the USA? Here we have to keep them updated, they sent all sorts of mail, and we renew every 5 years and it costs 75 bucks. Also, depending on where you live your insurance is cheaper, so I keep my license at Josh's parents place because it's much cheaper to insure there.

Jill - How do you figure out how many calories you burn per half hour? My latte has 200 calories, and 0 grams of fat. I had another one today :( I'm also curious how many calories I burn at work! Glad to hear you got all that cable stuff worked out, I hate that about moving, it takes a few days/weeks to get things worked out. It took me 2 months to get my internet worked out! Grr, I still hate my telephone provider for that.

Kimberley - how are you feeling today?

So gals, do you think I need a new avatar picture? This one is getting kinda old, plus my hair has grown out.. I'm going to search for new pictures.. I'm hoping one of you knows how to make it smaller.. lemme know! I am off to try and cure this headache, yup, another one... ugh.

-Aimee

Gardenwife
10-20-2005, 01:24 AM
Howdy from the nightowl. I've been working on my client's bi-weekly newsletter and am finally to the point where I posted my draft for my workgroup to proof it. I'm feeling a little better, and am very happy I can work in my jammies with dogs piled on top of me. ;)

Jill, I thought of you yesterday when we had to deal with utilities. Had a strange thing happen...

My mom used her cellphone to phone me on my cellphone. She wanted to tell me she'd been trying to call our house, but the phone just kept ringing, not even our machine picked up. Thinking she might have just misdialed, I asked her to call our home phone with her land line while I was on the cellphone with her. She did, and heard it ringing on her end...But on my end, nothing. I picked up the phone while she heard it ringing, and all I got was a dialtone.

I was able to dial out just fine. I called Alltel to report the problem and went back to what I'd been doing. Shortly after that, our home phone rang. When I answered, the caller said he was Mr. McN--- calling for Ben. I told him he had the wrong number and as an afterthought inquired what number he'd dialed. He told me the number, and it wasn't ours. Wasn't even close other than the first 3 digits.

Oddly enough, this Mr. McN-- was someone Howie and I knew from our old church, so I told him what was going on with our phone number not ringing in. Even stranger, while he and I were talking, it sounded like the party he was trying to reach picked up his phone and was on the line with the two of us. I got off the line so they could carry on their conversation!

I called Alltel back, even managing to get the same rep, Michael, on the phone a second time. We both found it intriguing and amusing, and a real mystery.

I decided to do a little experiment. Using my cellphone, I dialed the number Mr. McN-- had dialed when he reached me. Yep, my phone rang! I hung up right away because I suspected it might have been ringing at the number's normal location, too. I then used our home phone to call my mother-in-law, who has caller ID. Sure enough, the wrong name and number showed up, displaying the number Mr. McN-- had tried calling.

Not really wanting to call Alltel again, I zapped them an e-mail from their website. I told them the latest and added a funny note saying "I'm tired of playing phone tag. I miss being me. Can I have my number and identity back soon, please?" ;)

This morning, starting at 8:00am (GRR!) we started getting more wrong numbers, incorrectly routed to us. Finally, around Noon, a tech called our home line and said they'd traced the problem back to some mixed-up wiring at the office. A little while later, the Alltel employee who received my e-mail called on my cellphone and asked if we were still having problems. He'd gotten a kick out of my e-mail.

What a wild ride that was. I wonder where our calls ended up. I'm just glad it was some local guy's phone number that got switched to our residence and not 911. LOL! ;)

SwimGirl
10-20-2005, 02:19 AM
Phew Kimberley, thats crazy stuff! A little amusing as well. glad it's all worked out!! And good thing you have a cell phone!

-Aimee

dragonwoman64
10-20-2005, 01:23 PM
Isn't it funny, Jill? it's so weird to about being without all that stuff, especially the www. And it really hasn't been around all that long. When I was in college in the late 80s most people didn't even have a computer. Now some colleges require it. Berkeley had several rooms around campus where you could go use one if you wanted to.

so I guess I really DO spend a lot of time on here in the morning.--Aimee

guilty of the same offense!!

Here, they charge $20 the first time for a driver's license, then about $8 every 6 years. It's a state regulated process, so the fees may differ from state to state.

Sure, let's see a new avatar! Always happy to see a new pic!

re: biggest loser, I had the same reaction! I mean, on top of that, alot of the guys were in the 300 to 400 lb range, so they'd be bound to lose large amounts quickly.

Kimberley, what a story! I've stuck to verizon and att here for the office just because whenever I tried something different it would be such a hassle and I'd have to spend so much time clearing up bugs like crossed wires. Larry wants to consolidate his services, but I just know at this point it would be a headache (for me, not him, I'd have to make all the calls). And you know phone service has it's own timetable (at least here in NYC) when it comes to repairs. Or even responding to repair calls.

Well, I'd better get some stuff done here. I'm having a motivation problem these past days. Can't wait to get the exercise back into full swing. Rob went to court today to file papers for his mom re: his brother's estate. It will still be another 10 days before we get the necessary documents to do anything. Sigh.

SwimGirl
10-20-2005, 01:54 PM
Goodmorning! I don't work until this afternoon, it was nice to sleep in :) I had another headache last night, so Josh and I, uh huh... did 1 mile WATP, it was very funny to see him do it. Josh got me a cold cloth at bedtime and that helped as well, and, the headache is GONE this morning :) I don't know whats going on these days!!

Marge - I get their initial plan on the biggest loser, and at first I thought it might work. I was wrong, and it aggrivates me, heh.

Our telephone company is on strike, there are very few repairs happening, no new connections for their internet connection, I suspect they have to do new phone lines. I'm not sure who though. They've been on strike since July. We only have the one option for home lines here... you know, the whole province is going to h e double hockey sticks! The teachers are striking, being threatened everyday by the government... the nurses were out last year...

Anyways, I'm babbling.. I'm going to go weigh in, and then find some breakfast! I have been avoiding that scale, and maintaining for so long... fingers crossed that I've lost at LEAST half a pound!

-Aimee

jillybean720
10-20-2005, 02:04 PM
I know there is a Biggest Loser thread here, but I need to add my two cents--I agree that it is unfair! It has been scientifically proven that it is easier for men to lose wieght than for women, so how can they team men against women? I know they go by percentages, not total pounds, but it's so sad to see the women get discouraged at losing "only" 5 or so pounds a week. I would KILL for that! :dizzy:

SwimGirl
10-21-2005, 02:36 AM
I would also murder for that as well .. heh. I got on my scale this morning, and I'm up 0.5 of a pound, but it was enough to change my ticker. I've been doing SO well this week, eating lots of fruits and veggies, watching those calories. And! AND!! I have exercised THREE days in a row, can you handle it? My only temptation? Someone made me an apple pie for giving them tons of clothes, if they gave me a diet pie I would be able to give them MORE! ;) I am off to sleep, have a good night!!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
10-21-2005, 03:06 AM
Hey, all. Phone's working normally and life is good. Mom and dad now have DSL at home, and after a few snafus, I got that and their wireless network humming along. Whew, what a night. ;) Ready to hit the hay as soon as we finish watching our recorded episode of Survivor.

jillybean720
10-21-2005, 07:44 AM
I was way up at my TOPS weigh-in last night, but for many reasons. I'm going to blame part of it on the fact that it's a different scale (my old chapter used a digital scale, while this one uses one of those bog doctor's scales with sliding thingies--like the technical terminology? :p ). Another part is obviously the insane amounts of restaurant food we had over the weekend (and on Monday and Tuesday :o ), and yet another blame factor is hormones (I'm smack in the middle of a BC pack and yet have ben spotting for a week--who knows what's going on in there :shrug: ). So, with all that blaming, I have blamed my way back up 3.25 pounds, but I will certainly be trying to get it off again by next week!

This weekend holds in store for me...unpacking and sleeping! I have been super tired all week, so I definitely need to play a little catch-up. I also have to kick Jeff's butt into doing some unpacking. I have put all of my clothes and shoes in the closet and unpacked and organized the entire kitchen. He has unpacked a grand total of (drumroll please): the 2 swords his friend sent him from Japan (and they were both even packed in the same box!). His clothes are still in cardboard boxes thoughout the apartment, as are his video games, art supplies, and various other miscellaneous items. I guess boys have their prorities :rolleyes:

SwimGirl
10-21-2005, 12:09 PM
Goodmorning! We are going christmas shopping today after work, slightly exciting!! I am also going to go find a new BRA... I'm gonna need all the luck in the world for that!!

Jill - 3.25 isn't too bad for 4 days of eating out!! Cuz I'd be up over 5 pound gain for that! Things will get slowly back to new normal and you'll lose it :)

Kimberley - we are lonely for youuuu!!!!

Alrighty, I better go blow dry my hair.. have a good day gals!

-Aimee

dragonwoman64
10-21-2005, 12:19 PM
I know there is a Biggest Loser thread here, but I need to add my two cents--I agree that it is unfair! It has been scientifically proven that it is easier for men to lose wieght than for women, so how can they team men against women? I know they go by percentages, not total pounds, but it's so sad to see the women get discouraged at losing "only" 5 or so pounds a week. I would KILL for that! :dizzy:

me three! I was up a 1.5lbs this week. :( It's not a surprise or mystery to me. I had to skip the gym 2 days, haven't been able to take my walks or do marching in place, and I've had to skip my leg exercises in the evening all week, due to pain in my leg -- gotta get past it. It's definitely a drag.

Then Rob and I had a fight last night. I think it's overtiredness and stress more than anything else.

I didn't know you had so many strikes in Canada, Aimee. All sounds pretty French to me. ;)

Jill, Rob keeps telling me he wants a sword; I'm not so keen on that idea. What if in a fit of rage I grab it off the wall and slice him up like bologna?? which after last night doesn't feel like that far off of a scenario.... :dizzy:

I think I'm going to rent a couple of movies today and chill out.

Take it easy, ladies.

Gardenwife
10-21-2005, 02:52 PM
Awww, thanks, nice to be missed. :) Just been battling the cold and busy doing the tech thing the last few days. Took a Tylenol PM generic last night and slept HARD until 1:00pm -- that felt really good.

What if in a fit of rage I grab it off the wall and slice him up like bologna?? which after last night doesn't feel like that far off of a scenario....

That got a burst of laughter out of me. Considering what cruddy snotlockers Howberley is (are?) today, that's really saying something! LOL It's rainy and chilly outside, definitely weather that shares in spurring the need for chicken soup and hot tea.

SwimGirl
10-22-2005, 01:11 AM
Phew, TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO glad to be off!! I just got a call from work telling me I DOn'T have to go in in the morning to unlock the store.. thank goodness. I really need to sleep in tomorrow. We are busy, which is GOOD, because if we make our Quarter I get a 500 dollar bonus :) Yay!

Marge - I feel kinda dumb this minute.. it sounds french? Perhaps it's something in the air.. the fight thing. I've been arguing with Josh a little lately, I think I've been arguing with everyone actually... perhaps I'm just a B*tch? ;)

Kimberley - nothing beats a good sleep when you are sick!

Okay, thats all I've got in me.. my bed is calling my name.. even if it's only 9pm!! Night gals!

-Aimee

jillybean720
10-22-2005, 09:51 AM
Ahh, I "slept in" this morning till about 8am :D Felt good to not get up before the sun!

Aimee--fingers crossed for you to get that bonus...what a great goal to work for! We don't get bonuses for anything. My last job gave us a bonus with our raises in the summer and a little bit of a Christmas bonus (like 100 bucks). It wasn't always much, but it was still nice to have!

Marge--there will be no balogna slicing here with Jeff's swords :lol: They are really just for show and have pretty dull blades. They do look kinda cool, though.

Kimberley--hope you have gotten even more sleep! I really hope you feel better soon...even just something as simple as a cold (let alone bronchitis or anything!) can really wear ya down. Oh, and glad to hear your phones are working properly again ;)

dragonwoman64
10-22-2005, 01:48 PM
At the Metropolitan Museum there's a display of Japanese swords, they're gorgeous, my favorite, now those puppies are sharp!!

Glad to give you a laugh, Kimberley, laughter is good to cure the common cold, well, probably! at least you don't think your stuffed up sinuses for a few seconds! Get better fast!

The French workers strike constantly. In fact, the workers there strike so often that it's almost a knee jerk reaction -- what, we got a 3 euro raise instead of 3.5 euro raise! mon Dieu, let's strike!

I remember when I was a teenager and sleeping in meant, like, noon! Now I'm like you, Jill. If it's 8 am and I'm getting out of bet it feels like I've gotten a couple of extra hours of lounge time!

Tomorrow I plan on carving my pumpkin, I got one of those drug store stencil kits -- I'm making a wolf face against a moon (one of the easiest ones, heh heh). Think I'll make some beef stew too. I watched that Batman Begins yesterday and thought it pretty much had no punch. Duller than I wanted it to be.

Re the dog icon vote at 100, Vicky is cute, but don't you think Henry is really adorable?

SwimGirl
10-22-2005, 02:32 PM
Goodmorning!!

I slept in this morning as well! Until 9am! I got woken up earlier than I wanted to be though, I would have slept until 10am if I had my way.I remember sleeping until 1 and 2 PM when I was much younger! No more, I have to much to do to sleep in that late!

Marge - there was a dog I thought was cuter... but thats just my taste in dogs. I like furry mutts.. heh. I don't think that the teachers here are striking for more pay unfortunately.. mostly they are fighting to have smaller class sizes, and a limit on how many special needs children in a classroom. I have a customer who is a teacher and she was saying that sometimes they get as many as 10 special needs children in one class with ONE teacher.. It's a huge topic in this province right now, the kids have been out for like 2 weeks now. One can only hope this gets resolved soon. Mostly I'm just tired of teenagers in the mall.. heh..

Jill - The bonus is definitely a nice thing, it would be nice if they paid fair wages (ALL the part time people get min wage), they had a wage freeze this year... because 9.50 for an assistant manager is already too much money? I am being considered for an assistant manager position, paying 14.55/hr, 40 hours a week, PLUS bonus's. I'm still tired of this type of work, but it's good for now!

Alrighty, I am off to christmas shop today... can you believe it? heh. Josh and I both had bigger than normal paycheques, so we are going to go spend it ALL... *insert evil laugh*... heh... have a good one gals!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
10-22-2005, 04:19 PM
I slept until almost 2:00pm today, really late even for me! The last couple nights, I've taken a generic Tylenol-PM and it's really helped since it not only calms the back pain, but helps me sleep. I normally toss and turn all night, so this is a good change. :)

Howie and I are just hanging out at home today. I don't even think we'll go out to coffee tonight. The hosting company I'm working for is offering a chat tonight and tomorrow night to train us on a couple of things. It'll be a voice chat while they take us through things. Thought it's not paid training, it will eventually mean I'll have more work to do as I gain skills.

dragonwoman64
10-23-2005, 12:26 PM
No sleep for this weary gal, I was up at 7 and out of the door at 7:30am. Have to leave again in 10.

Good luck on the assistant manager position, Aimee. And your web stuff sounds interesting, Kimberley.

I realized today I barely have any sweaters. I need to do some shopping too. Wish I were there with you to hit the mall in Canada, Aimee, we could burn a hole in our credit cards, he he.

Gardenwife
10-23-2005, 03:32 PM
I couldn't get my mic to work (any of 3 mics, actually), so I listened while everyone else spoke and just typed my questions and responses. LOL Good thing I type quickly! Re-installing the sound card driver fixed it, so tonight I'll be able to join in the conversation.

We found out there's a Cuppa Joe coffee shop in Columbus that's open until 1:00am. Oh the joy!! They have free wireless and we like to just go surf a little while enjoying some coffee out. People-watching is so much fun. :)

I don't have many sweaters or other warm stuff yet. One thing I've got to get is a winter coat, a warm one. The last several years, I've gotten cheap coats at Value City; though they're cute, they are not well made or warm and I shiver and grumble every time I have to take the dogs out in the cold winter months.

This year, Howie finally said "Enough with the cheap coats. Get a good one from Land's End." His employer gave each employee a wonderful Land's End parka last year. They're custom-embroidered with the company's logo. After seeing how well made that is, I have to agree - it'll be worth it.

I have a $25 gift certificate to put toward one, even better. I'm trying to decide between two:

Extreme Squall 3-In-1 Parka (http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/0,1467,1_2_1930_63851_130779_109226_5:view=59,00.h tml?CM_MERCH=ALT_63851&sid=0304159230160144650) - nice because you can wear the liner and shell together or independent of one another, extending the coat's use.

Regular Squall Parka (http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/0,1467,1_2_1930_63851_109179_87626_5:view=59,00.ht ml?CM_MERCH=ALT_63851&sid=0304159230160144650) - Howie has the men's version of this. It looks longer than the 3-In-1, which would make it a little warmer for the thighs!

Oh, decisions...At least the My Virtual Model lets you get an idea of how things will fit. That's such a cool little program!

SwimGirl
10-24-2005, 12:39 AM
Hi! Another day, another million dollars... I'm not sure why I said that..

Marge - Why were you up and at it so early today? Perhaps you are crazy? I enjoy shopping, muchly! I don't use credit cards, mostly just because mine is maxed, and can't be higher because the car company put Josh's car in MY name! Silly GM! I don't know that I wear sweaters, I usually dress the same, t-shirts layered with a tank top under, dress pants or jeans, or sweats. I dress pretty boring I'm told, I should get a little more trendy, or at least a little more... different! Partly I just don't buy clothes, I say we don't have the money, but I think it's just not a priority, yah know?

Kimberley - I'd buy the shorter one if I were me... but if I were you? I'd buy the longer one. What colour? Blue? And you know that your gal isn't wearing a top?? I sure hope you will wear one, not give out free shows... make people pay at least ;)

I have tomorrow off :) I don't know why I feel I need it, I'm just tired, need some time to clean the house, do some exercise.. all that stuff. I was planning to do 1 mile WATP, but I have this weird feeling in my leg! My friend suspects it was a SPIDER BITE, do you know that I can NOT handle that??? Too scary for this GAL! I dunno if I can sleep in my bed knowing that... I'm gonna get Josh to look at the sore leg closer, and see whats going on... keep those fingers crossed for me!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
10-24-2005, 12:51 AM
LOL! Yeah, I noticed the shirt I put on her magically disappeared once she put on her coat. Think I am getting the longer one, just because my poor butt and thighs freeze when that wind gets blowing and Emma is taking forever to do her "thang".

I'll take that million dollars from today if you don't need it for clothes. ;)

jillybean720
10-24-2005, 07:55 AM
I think the longer one is definitely a good idea. I got my coat at JCPenney outlet back in my senior year of high school. It's a black down-filled coat--VERY puffy and warm! I love it, and it's amazingly still in great shape (took me all the way through college and then some!), but last year my mother bought me a dark gray, lined, wool pea coat, which looks much nice and is just as warm, so I wear that one more now (or at least I will when I actually start wearing a coat).

Had a good weekend food-wise...peeked at the scale this morning and am DOWN, so I don't have to make up for the weekend today like I normally do :carrot: Gotta love the new smilies!

I'm playing hookey today--ssh, don't tell! I emailed my bosses telling them I was sick (would have called, but they won't be in for a couple of hours still). I just need a day home alone to straighten everything out: get the little stuff unpacked, vacuum, make sure all the furniture is where it should be (i.e., where I want it ;)), and go grocery shopping to make sure I have food for the week. I'm having a problem cooking dinner for just me and Jeff. When I was alone, I could eat chicken every day and not have a problem, but I don't want to force my monotonous eating habits on him :p Last week, we had pasta, ham, and chicken, so now I don't know what else to cook tonight. Maybe turkey burgers. I don't eat steak or pork chops or actual turkey (just turkey sausage, ground turkey, turkey bacon...), so I will have to search around for other meal ideas.

Well, off to go sleep for a little while longer--catch ya'll later!

dragonwoman64
10-24-2005, 11:21 AM
Great minds think alike, Kimberley! I had my eye on that coat. I just can't decide if I should use my current coat for one more season, which I think I probably will.

That's the color I had in mind too. :lol:

dragonwoman64
10-24-2005, 11:52 AM
Marge - Why were you up and at it so early today? Perhaps you are crazy?

what, me crazy?? :carrot: naw, I went to the gym. It's practically empty that time of day.

I dress pretty boring I'm told, I should get a little more trendy, or at least a little more... different! Partly I just don't buy clothes, I say we don't have the money, but I think it's just not a priority, yah know?

I definitely am not an interesting dresser. It's not a priority for me right now either. Hey, if I had that million I'm sure I would build up quite the wardrobe (I do have a fear of dressing like Diane Keaton :fr: http://wizbangblog.com/archives/006633.php)

I have this weird feeling in my leg! My friend suspects it was a SPIDER BITE, do you know that I can NOT handle that??? Too scary for this GAL! I dunno if I can sleep in my bed knowing that... I'm gonna get Josh to look at the sore leg closer, and see whats going on... keep those fingers crossed for me!

oh man, I hate spiders. Hopefully it's just a mosquito or pesky hungry gnat.

Monday means gobs of office stuff to get through. Enjoy your days off, Amy and Jill. Sunday was such a bugger of a eating day for me, whip me with a gigantic wet noodle. The exercise is getting better, but I really have to get back on track. No time to backslide!!

Gardenwife
10-24-2005, 06:27 PM
How's your leg, Aimee? Enjoying the day off, Jill? You'd probably be home by now, anyway, but how was your day off? ;)

Good taste, Marge. :D I can't wait to have a really warm coat. Sometime I'd like a pretty dress coat, but I'll wait until next year for that. I can't BELIEVE Diane Keaton's outfit! OMG! Love the comment there, "What clan does she belong to? The McTackies?". We watched a little of VH1's Awesomely Bad Celeb Fashion (http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/vh1_all_access/93390/episode.jhtml) last night - what a riot!

SwimGirl
10-24-2005, 11:17 PM
Hi!! I'm enjoying my day off, I accomplished nothing but doing dishes! Josh and I had dinner together tonight, we did good! We had potato wedges (homemade), chicken with cajun stuff on them, and baby carrots right off the stem thingies. I can't really think straight, perhaps I'm brain dead from my day.. I'll take it!

Jill - you cheater you ;) It's nice to take a day alone to put some finishing touches, get groceries, I bet you feel better about that now!! It's difficult coming up with food ideas, eh? Josh has to eat low fat, and low fat protein is hard sometimes! I don't eat Turkey either, I'm going to attempt ground turkey.. but only in a spaghetti sauce (with whole wheat pasta of course!). Lemme know if you come up with anything good!

Marge - you got up and went to the gym that early? Wowsers! Thats impressive! I had really planned on getting on the exercise bandwagon, I did SO good last night but fell short a little this week, and by short I mean I didn't exercise at ALL and I had the entire day off! You can slap my hand now.. Diane Keaton looks scary, it's possible I'll have nightmares of that. Partly I dress so boring because of cash flow, I have other things I want to spend my money on... and I just don't make it a priority, I should as I'm just starting out in my career (whatever it will end up being).

Kimberley - my leg stopped bugging me, however I haven't put anything on it today (like fabric of any sorts), I don't think I can get away with these shorts at work, so I'm washing ALL my pants to see if there was something in the fabric.. yah never know right?

Well I better go do some laundry, I realize I work the next 4 days and don't have enough clean clothes to make it thru! Have a goodnight all!!

-Aimee

jillybean720
10-25-2005, 08:34 AM
Aah, I wish I could take EVERY day off from work ;) I got up when Jeff got up (about 5:30) then fell back to sleep on the couch till about 11 :D I'm at work now, and I just don't want to be here. I really wish I could find a more exciting job--there's too much down time here. I do all my work for the day in like an hour and spend the rest of the day waiting for pepole to give me work. It's just the way our process is--once I edit something, it goes to someone else for review, who then gives it back to me to make the needed changes. It just seems that I get things done so quickly, and then I end up waiting FOREVER to get it back from the next reviewer! I've been keeping an eye on Monster, CareerBuilder, and the Washington Post, but none of the jobs I'm qualified for will pay me what I'm making here, and i can't take much of a pay cut with rent, student loans, car loans, cerdit card debt, etc. I know some people wouldn't mind getting paid for minimal work, but MAN am I bored! :dizzy:

I got a lot done yesterday, though not as much as I'd hoped. I unpacked everything of mine in the bedroo, so all remaining boxes are Jeff's responsibility. I also put the bed up (I have those little 6" lifts), put the new mattress pad on it, washed the sheets and blanket, made the bed with th fresh sheets and blanket, went to Michael's to buy Jeff a jar (he's making something that looks like an alien out of clay and wants to put it in a jar with green water--apparently, clay is his new hobby :p ) and myself some beaded ribbon to edge the little lampshades for our dining room light, went to Bed Bath & Beyond to return an over-the-door towel rack I had bought for the bathroom (which didn't allow the bathroom door to close!) and ended up buying a dark blue area rug for the living room while I was there. So, I went home and cleared out the coffee table and end tables in the living room, vacuumed, put down the new area rug, vacuumed that, then re-assembled the living room. That's when disaster struck.

I looked at the coffee table. I saw the remotes for: my little tv, my vcr, my DVD player, and my big tv. Where was the remote for the cable box/DVR? The hunt began. I searched EVERYWHERE! I moved every pillow, blanket, and cushion on the couch, looked under the couches, smoothed my feet along the area rug to make sure nothing was under it, went through all the boxes I had emptied earlier, looked in the fridge, freezer, kitchen cabinets and drawers, desk drawers--anything I had come in contact with throughout the day! I even went all the way out and checked in my car thinking maybe I had absent-mindedly brought it out with me when I went to the store. Jeff came home mid-search and helped me. All together, I would say I spent a good 3 hours searching for the remote! And it's not only because we're lazy--you can't watch the recorded programs on the DVR without the remote because there aren't buttons on the cable box for that. Finally, after much searching, Jeff and I were about to pull out the sofa bed to see if it was caught in the actual bed part, and that's when I saw it--crammed between the back cushions of the couch and the sofa bed. It was so far back that I couldn't see it when I originally removed the cushions, but Jeff took the cushions off while I was standing farther away, and I spotted it! What a ridiculously long search for a stupid remote. Since I lost it in the first place, I agreed to make his lunch for work today :p

dragonwoman64
10-25-2005, 12:43 PM
OMG! Love the comment there, "What clan does she belong to? The McTackies?".--Kimberley

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That's pretty good. I do get a laugh out of the super fashion disasters. Rob makes fun of how I used to dress with vests all the time. (Hey, I still like them!)

Right now I feel :tantrum: (or maybe this is more accurate :bomb: I think it might be PMS.... And I'm going to have to slosh through the pouring rain to get to the gym and :tread: Yesterday's eating went well at least. I felt bad about Sunday.

We had potato wedges (homemade), chicken with cajun stuff on them, and baby carrots right off the stem thingies. --Aimee

this sounds like me talking most of the time. :carrot:

:sumo: when would anyone ever use this icon??

Jill, I hate being bored in jobs too. Doesn't matter the pay. I could easily see myself going through that same remote control scenario. Nowadays even the toothbrush comes with a remote, we have so many I don't even know what most of them go to anymore. :lol:

Isn't Jeff afraid his alien will disintegrate? you know, clay sitting in water? Once it's gone, what proof will there be....

well, better get cracking here at work or I might end up on the dole.

Take it easy, gals.

Gardenwife
10-25-2005, 02:47 PM
Jill, your remote story reminds me of my friend Stacey's cellphone story. Her husband, Chris, was looking frantically for his phone one day. After helping him look for a while, she suggested calling it with their landline. She did that, and he continued looking -- he could hear it ringing, but because their home has tall, vaulted ceilings, the sound just reverberated and finding the source was maddening. Finally, though, he found it....In his back pocket...Of the pants he was wearing. :D

Ohhhh, technology.

Marge, I could use the Sumo Guy today. I don't know what I was thinking last night. I started out okay, had some low-fat popcorn and then a bowl of low-fat frozen yogurt topped with frozen blueberries and crushed pretzels. If I'd stopped there, I'd have been okay; I ended up having another bowl of yogurt (and toppings) and then later got up and had some leftover kidney beans. It was crazy, just brainless eating from mouth hunger. No excuses, just stress eating, I guess.

Today's going to be low-fat, low-cal vegetarian day, I tell ya. :P

SwimGirl
10-25-2005, 11:10 PM
Hi!! I was a little slow this morning and missed posting :( I blame.. well I guess me! Work was, annoying, I worked with this gal who ANNOYS ME.. grrrr! Otherwise it was steady, got some things done, got some sales done...

Jill - I hate remotes, with a passion for just that reason. I wish they'd all be attached to my hand!

Marge - thats quite the use of emoticon's there... it's nearly impressive! I don't know that this is an easy time of year to stay on plan, so cut yourself a LITTLE slack there girl! Especially with PMS! Don't watch Dr Phil or Oprah, or Biggest Loser, or Gilmore Girls, all those shows make me cry when I've got pms.. heh.

Kimberley - my manager is teaching me about "Eating Right for your Blood type", and apparently I need more protein! I hate eating protein for the most part! Uhm, what motivated me to tell you this is beyond me... so lemme move on.. cut yourself some slack, like I said to Marge, it's hard to lose weight this time of year.

Alrighty, I feel like I lost it some where a few sentenses ago.. so I'm going to go find some food! ttyl!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
10-25-2005, 11:21 PM
I must have a deficit of gooey ice cream nutrients in my body... ;)

jillybean720
10-26-2005, 08:44 AM
I must have a deficit of gooey ice cream nutrients in my body... ;)
Aah, I wish that was my problem...;)

I had kind of a rough day yesterday. I went home from work early (still playing sick, of course). ComCast called to take a survey of our service so far (which, of course, they FAILED miserably!). The phone is on Jeff's desk, so I answered the phone and plopped down in his desk chair to talk. I must have hit his keyboard tray enough to move the mouse a little, so his computer monitors "woke up" (you know, from "sleeping"). There was an instant message on his screen from someone that just said "hey." No biggie. But as I was sitting there on the phone, I noticed the word "kissable" in that same screen. We use Trillian for our instant messaging, and it saves previous conversations in light gray text in the message window. Well, I wanted to know why my Jeff was talking about anything being "kissable" to someone else, so I did a bad thing--I read the message history from that window :o

Now, I'm sure you can tell that nothing good could come of this. And I assure you, none did. Well, apparently he has slept with this girl in the past, as there were messages from her talking about how she hasn't been with anyone since him and how good he was...fine. Whatever...just some old fling, right? But then there were messages about how they were supposed to get together, go to a movie or whatever. Then there was a message from her telling him she got home okay. It was dated 2005. The exact month and/or day is irrelevant--Jeff and I have been togther for OVER a year and a half, which means we have been together throughout ALL of 2005, so why was he seeing this girl with whom he had HAD and discussed sex with while he was dating me?! I was LIVID.

I cried and screamed to myself for a while, wandering around the apartment alone like a blubbering idiot. I thought about screaming at him when he came home and then driving to my sister's place in Va Beach. I thought about not saying anything to him about it at all--after all, I shouldn't have been reading what was on his computer. I thought about instant messaging him at work, but I decided that was an inappropriate topic with which to bother someone at work. I thought about a LOT of things.

I took a shower to kind of sober myself up from my blubbering state. I put on my pajamas and flopped on the couch pretending to watch tv (though I couldn't concentrate on it) until Jeff came home. He came in, took off his shoes, and started playing a game on his computer, as was normal. I walked over, and he gave me a hug (again, normal). I looked at him and said, "Can I ask you something?" He said yes, so I continued, "In the past year and a half, have you ever so much as even kissed another girl?"

He immediately said no and then asked why I was asking. I admitted to him the conversation I had read. He told me that yes, he had seen this other girl, but that it was like 2 and a half years ago. He said that not only has he not seen her since he met me, but that the last time he saw her was actually before the girlfriend he was with before me. I persisted--I said that the conversation was dated 2005. He shrugged and said that maybe the dates got messed up when he restored his computer (which he has had to do a few times). I said that was fine, that if he said nothing happened, nothing happened. Then I started to cry, just from all the stress and worry and fear and anger that had been bottled up before I asked him about it.

That should have been the end of it, right? I should have believed him and moved on. Then I asked him something else--when did the new Amityville movie come out? I knew we had seen it together, so I think it was maybe back in the spring. He remembered also that we had seen it together. He asked why I was wondering. Well, I noticed in one of his conversations with this girl when they were talking about getting together to see a movie that he said he wanted to see Amityville. He got angry for me not trusting him, and I got upset because more questions were flying through my head.

We proceeded to have an argument about how I was wrong in reading the conversation at all (which I admitted) and how that was an invasion of his privacy. I said, hey, you can read ANYTHING of mine, and I wouldn't care because I have nothing to hide! He made a few good points. He said, "Jill, if I were seeing someone else and talking about it online, do you think I'd be stupid enough to leave that conversation on my computer (especially since I used to use his computer all the time at his place when he was in the shower)?" Good point. Then, "I have never once cheated on any girlfriend I've ever had, and that is because I have never been married. If I want to have a relationship with someone else, then I break up with my current girlfriend." Another good point, since we certainly weren't yet living together at the time, and he could easily have broken up with me if he wanted.

I told him that I don't want to be "the jealous girlfriend," ya know? That's not me. And I never was until I saw something that made me question him. He stuck to the fact that the last time he saw this girl was over 2 years ago. He kept also saying that I was wrong in reading it. I said I could apologize for reading it, but I couldn't apologize for confronting him about it once I had and for having the questions I did. That's when I broke down.

I started crying and told him that I guess it all comes down to my own lack of self-confidence, that I didn't think he was having a relationship with another girl, but that there are a lot of girls much thinner and prettier than me out there, so why would he not try to hook up with someone for "a good time?" I reiterated that I shouldn't have questioned his honesty, but I also asked him if he at least understood where I was coming from and how it looked from my perspective. He said he did, and he held me as I cried and babbled about how I hear horror stories from other women about guys cheating on them because they're too fat. I told him about how women I talk to have very supportive boyfriends/husbands/mates, and yet I hardly ever discuss my weight issues with him. I said that my weight is one of the biggest issues in my life, and that I couldn't believe I hadn't ever really discussed it with him. He has told me in the past that it doesn't matter to him, but I couldn't help thinking that he was a normal guy and wanted some hot chick to bang, ya know? I told him that I was sorry for reading it, but that that would be a fear I would probably always have. He just kept hugging me and not saying anything, and I said, "This is the part where you tell me again that it doesn't matter to you." He did. Good boy :^:

And so, it ended with me having a minor emotional breakdown. After that, we were okay. I agreed to trust him, and he stuck to the fact that he hadn't seen this girl in over 2 years. Is it wrong that I still have a little bit of doubt? I mean, the thing with the Amityville movie? I know I shouldn't bring it up again--I should just let it go. I need to trust him, and besides, that's all I have to go by is his word. I think it'll be on my mind for a while, but in time it will go away. In any case, he's living with me, not anyone else. He comes home to ME every night, and he sleeps in OUR bed.

I'm sorry to go on like this--I just needed to get it out. I don't really expect anyone to read this whole saga. Sorry for taking up so much space :p

SwimGirl
10-26-2005, 09:24 AM
Wow Jill, I am SO sorry you had to go thru something like that. I would always be suspecious, and have to confess to reading 99% of Josh's saved conversations (which he didn't know was logging, and I happened upon by accident). I have severe trust issues, and if it were me? I'd be watching his every move. That being said, if you trust him, and whats he's said.. drop it. Sometimes there IS a little overlap between a last relationship/crush and a new relationship... you gotta make sure that it's real before you fully end things with others (even if it's just a silly flirtation). You will need time to heal from this, because it still feels like a violation no matter if it was really nothing... you may vent any time you want to about this.. we are always here to listen and offer advice if we can. :grouphug:

My goodness, I am having a ROUGH night! Last night during The Biggest Loser I noticed my tummy was a little off, from gas, and it only gets worse from there! My stomach is throbbing, and I'm all crampy from it. Josh was saying this is how he's been feeling for the last couple weeks, yuck!! I'm drinking LOTS of water, tea, have a hot water bottle to relieve some of that cramping. But how gross is that? GAs causing so much PAIN! :barf:

I'm going to go and try and get some more sleep... some of the pain I woke up with seems to have passed! It's 5:23am, and i've only been sleepingfor 5 ish hours, I'll see you gals in a few hours!!

-Aimee

dragonwoman64
10-26-2005, 11:18 AM
Marge, I could use the Sumo Guy today. I don't know what I was thinking last night.

yeah, sometimes it just gets out of hand. it's like Amy says, we have to take it easy on ourselves.

Today's going to be low-fat, low-cal vegetarian day, I tell ya. :P

after one day of getting back in the routine I always feel so much better, the last two days I've been basically back on the program, thank Buddha.

Don't watch Dr Phil or Oprah, or Biggest Loser, or Gilmore Girls, all those shows make me cry when I've got pms.. heh.

well, of course I did watch Dr. Phil and the Gilmore Girls, recorded the Biggest Loser (will watch today). Missed Oprah though. Dr. Phil: cried. Gilmore Girls: had to laugh, loved the lines about buying a sweater for the next boyfriend. was dying to get my own chocolate box.

I'm sorry to go on like this--I just needed to get it out. I don't really expect anyone to read this whole saga. Sorry for taking up so much space

I'm so sorry, Jill!! Absolute crappy timing too. You don't have to apologize, and I always read all of your posts. I'd say in situations like this you need to trust your instincts. Sometimes these things have a way of working themselves out, no matter what. Hang in there, lady!!

It's sunny today in ol' Brooklyn. I should probably make some plans to go to California one of these months to see the family. Dad's in his 80s now. Nov and Dec are holiday months, so that's not so good. Then Jan and Feb are bad weather months (jet plane headed for California lost in freak snow storm!). Hmmm, may take some thought.

Gardenwife
10-26-2005, 05:35 PM
Oh, Jill, what a night to have. :( I know how I'd feel if I read that kind of stuff, and I understand why the reference to Amityville keeps nagging at you regarding the timing. Just keep your eyes open and keep communication open with him. (((hugs)))

Hope you're feeling better, Aimee. Do you have anything like GasX or Alka-Seltzer around? Even a teaspoon or baking soda dissolved in a glass of water can help with the gas pains.

Marge, I just had a bowl of ice cream. ;) LOL Really early for one, but hey. I'm counting it and that's that. Yesterday was good, through.

Howie got me up early (like at 11:00am!) and we went for a drive in the country before he had to go to work. what a gorgeous afternoon it was. Here's a few pictures:

SwimGirl
10-27-2005, 02:07 AM
Hey gals!!

Jill - how are yah doing over there?

Marge - I didn't cry during Gilmore Girls... I was nearly shocked! I love that show, I want to go live in their reality! Beware of Biggest Loser, I cried! Twice! heh. Can I come to Cali as well? I need away from the RAIN! BTW, I wanna be skinny now..

Kimberley - looks beautiful! I love fall, except for all the darkness to come.. Thank you for the gas tip... it was bothering me most of the night, and my tummy still feels a little sensitive. I'm watching what I'm eating today.. light lunch and light dinner. I just gotta up that water!

Work was SO boring today! I'm glad its over... I've been thinking I gotta get back on this exercise thing! Josh and I are considering going for a quick walk tonight, yup, at 10pm! We don't have to getup until 11am tomorrow, so it's not a huge deal.. we'll see though. I am getting lazy the more I sit here... heh... Have a goodnight gals!!

-Aimee

jillybean720
10-27-2005, 08:42 AM
Whew, I'm doing better :^: I sat here at work and just let things fester inside me until at one point, I IMed Jeff and just said I needed to talk to him when we got home. That was all I intended to say, since I certainly didn't want to get into it while we were both at work. Then he asked me what I wanted to talk about, and then it escalated a bit from there. It came down to me admitting that I still had a problem with the reference to a movie that just came out in 2005 and him stating yet agian that he hasn't seen in her over 2 years and that if I still don't believe him, then I don't trust him and we should break up. That's when my boss walked into my cube, and she looked at me, and I just lost it! I try so hard not to bother people at work with my personal issues, but I just couldn't help it. I told Jeff I had to do work and that I'd be back in a while. My boss took me down to the lobby of our office building, and we sat on some couches as I spilled everything that had happened. She was great--for everything I said, she came up with such a quick response that made sense. She was like, sure, maybe Jeff said he wanted to see that movie, but that doesn't mean they went. Which is true--I didn't actually see any conversations about meeting anywhere or him picking her up or what time the movie started--nothing like that. Then my boss said that the part where this girl told Jeff she got home okay could have just been because she told him she was going somewhere and he told her to be careful. It all sounded logical, and she just kept saying that we seem to have such a great relationship that she thinks we'll be fine. She seemed so certain that he was telling the truth and that he just got so angry because in a boy's mind, "I haven't seen her in over 2 years" is all the explanation needed; details don't need to be discussed. In my head, though, of course, it was every itty bitty detail had to be analyzed and discussed. When I came back from my half-hour cry fest with my boss, I felt much better and much more confident that he was, in fact, telling me the truth, so I told him that on IM. I knew one of two things would happen when he got home from work--he would either be angry with me for having brought it up a second time, or he would just act like the whole thing never happened. He acted like it never happened. We didn't discuss it any further. I said I trusted him, and that was the end of that. He was a little extra cuddly last night, though, so maybe a little bit of good did come of the whole thing ;)

So, to make a long story longer, we got past it. I really do trust him. In over a year and a half of being with him and having met the 5 cousins he lived with; his mother and grandmother; his father from Florida; his aunt and uncle out by Annapolis (plus their extended families at their anniversary party); his aunt, uncle, and cousin in Georgia; and his 2 best friends from high school, I've never found any reason before to think that he wasn't being totally honest with me. I realize that I probably hurt him, too, both by having invaded what little privacy he has left now that we live together and by not fully believing him the first time he said he hasn't seen this chick (who my boss referred to as a skank--that made me happy :p ). Thanks for listening, guys. I couldn't get a hold of my best friend (she is a full-time student plus works a job and has an internship), so I needed to emotionally dump somewhere :^:

BUT, back to basics--I have my TOPS weigh-in tonight, and I think it will go very well! Although my home scale has been funky lately (I get on, it says 280, I get off and get on again--278.5, so I get off and on again--281 :?: ), but the last time I went to TOPS, my home scale said 284.5, so I know I'm at least down from there (somewhere between 2 and 6 pounds lower :dizzy: ).

dragonwoman64
10-27-2005, 01:07 PM
You know how they have those cartoons with an angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other? Well, Ben & Jerry's is the devil on my shoulder, heh heh. Yesterday I didn't do as well as I wanted to, had a second serving of stew and (drum roll of doom) ate one of Rob's Devil Dogs (devil? see a theme here??). Today I'm going to be good, and no catastrophes yet :carrot:

Those pictures are gorgeous, thanks for sharing them. We're going to Cold Spring this weekend, it's at the edge of the Catskill mountains, and only a train ride away! (don't I sound like a commercial?). Can't wait to see some colorful foliage.

Marge - I didn't cry during Gilmore Girls... I was nearly shocked! I love that show, I want to go live in their reality! Beware of Biggest Loser, I cried! Twice! heh. Can I come to Cali as well? I need away from the RAIN! BTW, I wanna be skinny now..

Re: GG, I know! Can I move into the pool house??? Or can I even have Rory's bedroom now that she's moved out?? I'll even live with Kirk (no, wait, nix that!). Have you noticed that mom and daughter eat everything all the time and never gain a pound?? Yep, that's the right reality!!

Do you believe I didn't get about the last 10 minutes of biggest loser??? Apparently a baseball game threw the start time off. I have to go to the website and see who got the heave ho. If two different guys, doing 20 hours of exercise, end up having a week of no weight loss, that seems to say to me that I shouldn't feel so bad if it happens to me from time to time! At the same time I've never lost 17 lbs in one week (holy cow, that would be like someone chopping off one of my arms).

Aimee: You gotta work it! http://tinyurl.com/9yasy

Hang in there, Jill. And may the powers that be grant us all the strength, courage and wisdom to deal with all the curve balls we constantly get thrown at us! And I mean that! :strong:

SwimGirl
10-27-2005, 01:54 PM
Goodmorning!! Thesun is shining, and I'm faking enthusiasm! I would have rather slept in this morning, but my tummy is still doing weird things. It actually feels like TOM cramps and bloating minus the TOM part! Perhaps I am due for some nasty PMS, because my TOM's have been pleasant lately.. I can handle it!

Marge - I think I'm gonna go live in the Pool House, it's too cute, and its very possible that it's bigger than my place right now.. heh. I'm going to break Logan and Rory up, but only so I can have him! ;) I think we gotta lose weight to remain in their reality, I mean Suki doesn't get thinner.. Now, tell me, am I giving this too much thought? The Biggest Loser ended with Pete being voted off, it was a big cry-fest, that man was pretty amazing.

Jill - I really don't want you to hate me here, and I know that you say you are past it, but I really want you to keep your eyes open. It's very possible that Jeff is telling the truth, but it would be pretty hard to get hit with this again. I care for you, and don't want to see you hurt (infact, I'd beat him up just for the fact he hurt you). We know whats true in our heart.. trust that. There is a girl at Josh's work who has thrown herself at him many a time, including me being there while she does it (definite skank!), due to low selfesteem I am always ALWAYS asking him about her, if he talks to her.. etc. I didn't fully ask him to stop talking to her, but when he realized that I just can't handle it.. he's pulled back, and has told me so, over and over and over again. Of course I still bring it up, he does get annoyed, but always assures me that there is nothing there, and how he'd never cheat on me. Yes you need to trust Jeff, but at the same time, he's got to reassure you as many times as you need, that he's not going to cheat on you. Those are my two (possibly unwanted) cents. Also, this comes from a caring side, I'm not trying to stir up anything.. On a brighter note? I wish you the best of luck at your weigh in, although sounds like you are down!

Well, I'm going to go try and throw together some food and possibly do some exercise! Have a great day girls!

-Aimee

dragonwoman64
10-28-2005, 12:06 PM
I have a habit of faking enthusiasm. I figure if I'm behaving my way to that reality, heh heh.

Ah, so you didn't notice that Suki lost weight? I think she was on some kind of high power weight loss program through UCLA, don't ask me how I know these things. I think she did it because she wanted to have a baby (the actress in real life, I am actually able to tell the difference between tv and real life. Sometimes.)

Rob has a female penpal in England. She ended up taking a holiday here to New York by herself. I encouraged Rob to meet with her (you know, thinking hands across the water and all that...). She gave him a nice gift, and I found myself getting really jealous. I backed off since he didn't want to see her, I pushed him, but told him as long as he was with me he wouldn't be seeing her alone again. He can email her, and send them NY stuff (she has two teenage boys). They send him gifts too. But any meeting gets the Marge filter. The lady does have something of a crush on him and crushes happen. Sometimes those little crushes need a little herding to keep them in the right corral! :rollpin:

I'm down a little over a lb this week, yahoo :carrot: , I'm so glad to see the numbers going down again, rough few weeks there! I went to the gym this morning and have been slowing increasing the routine to get back where I was before the leg problem. Still not at 100 per cent, but getting there slowly but surely.

Take it easy, gals.

jillybean720
10-28-2005, 12:20 PM
Weighed in at 276.25 at TOPS last night, so a loss of 3.25 for the week :carrot: Of course, now that the Jeff drama has settled (allowing my stomach to settle), my appetite is back, so hopefully I can control it for another successful weigh-in next week!

Aimee--If this was some girl Jeff saw all the time (old friend, co-worker, something like that), I would worry more, but it's just some chick from online, I'm not as worried. I really do trust him--like I said, he has never before given me reason not to. I think about what it would be like if the tables were turned and he were accusing innocent little me of cheating. I would be FURIOUS if he didn't believe/trust me when I denied it! So, he had a right to get angry, and I had a right to be upset. I honestly think that if anything were going on, he would have told his 17-year old cousin (they're really close friends), and he (the cousin) probably would have told me. Jeff's a smart guy--he knows if he ever hurt me like that, I'd beat the living daylights out of him ;) Besides, he'd have to go pretty far out of his way to do anything sneaky now that we live together. We work basically the same schedule, so we're always home at the same time. It feels to good to have so many friends who are willing to beat him up for me, though :lol: I finally caught up with my friend from college, and she said the same thing (I told her we were okay and settled now, but she said to let her know if she ever needs to come down here and kick his a$$ :devil: ).

I am SO in love with the Gilmore Girls! However, it is a somewhat new addiction for me, so I haven't been watching the new episodes--I am playing catch-up by watching the repeated old ones on ABC Family at 5pm every weekday :p My sister has the first 3 seasons on DVD, so I'll have to borrow those sometime so I can actually watch all of the episodes from the beginning consecutively.

Gardenwife
10-28-2005, 05:04 PM
I've never seen Gilmore Girls, had to look up what it was. We pretty much watch only shows we've recorded, and there's only so much time to see even those. I :love: the DVR...Hardly have to deal with Howie channel surfing anymore, yay! ;)

I maintained this week, no big surprise there. Ah, well - at least I didn't gain. Kudos to you on your losses, Jill & Marge!

I'm taking off in a bit to go pick up some sections of privacy/stockade fence someone offered on Freecycle (http://freecycle.org). He said there are 3 or 4 sections, along with posts. We see our neighbor's DOG-UGLY old fence right by our patio, you'll recall, and we hope to erect these sections in front of it and at least partially block the nasty view. LOL

SwimGirl
10-28-2005, 10:26 PM
We all Weighed around the same time! I got on the scale this morning, but decided it was wrong. I really only slept about 2 hours last night, combined with the fact I got on the scale before I went pee or anything.. it's WRONG. Right? RIGHT?!?!

Marge - congrats on that weigh in!! What are you weighing these days? I'm just curious if your ticker is on.. I did notice Suki had lost some weight, I wonder what size she is.. Who do you think is more attractive? Lorelai or Rory? I used to think Rory, but now that she's got that bad attitude, I wanna punch her out. Is that wrong? ;) Did I tell you I exercised yesterday?? Well I did :) Today? I'm hoping to do 1 mile WATP after dinner.

Jill - I'm glad to hear you aren't mad, it disappoints me when girls make excuses for their boyfriends.. I just wanted to make sure you weren't doing this. That whole mentality that a girl isn't complete unless she has a man just bothers me more than words can say! Congrats to you! Thats a GREAT weigh in..

Kimberley - What tv shows do you watch? Maintaining is good! Well, better than the alternative of gaining..

My week has FLOWN by, work has been decent, but I'm definitely near my end of this retail stuff. It's so... icky! heh. Whats bothering me lately is that time is going SO fast, and here I am not losing weight, not really trying, not enjoying my life lately. It's been all about work and sleep! I need to make small goals, like exercising 5 days a week, having one day not eating bread, the next having a little.. it might feel more attainable. Well thats just me thinking "outloud". I'll talk to you gals later!!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
10-28-2005, 11:53 PM
Let's see...What shows do I like? Here's my list. I don't always watch them, but I like them.

NEVER MISS: Survivor, The Amazing Race, The Biggest Loser, My Name Is Earl, The Office

ENJOY:

The Tonight Show & Conan O'Brian

G4/TechTV's Call for Help & Nerd Nation (yeah.)

TLC's Clean Sweep, What Not to Wear, Trading Spaces, While You Were Out

FitTV's Ultimate Goal & Fit Nation

FoodTV's Calorie Commando, Weighing In and Good Eats

VH1's Best Week Ever, I love the 80's (or 70's), other funny pop culture commentary shows

Hallmark Channel: The Waltons (we LOVE this show)

dragonwoman64
10-29-2005, 12:20 PM
I had three weeks of gaining -- went up by about 6 lbs :eek: :( -- so this weeks loss brings me to 263. I'd hoped I'd lose it again fast, but it may take me a little time. Definitely not good to have a period of problem eating coupled with a leg injury!

I like Lorelai a little more than Rory, btw, they also never wear the same outfit twice.

Whats bothering me lately is that time is going SO fast, and here I am not losing weight, not really trying, not enjoying my life lately. It's been all about work and sleep! I need to make small goals, like exercising 5 days a week, having one day not eating bread, the next having a little.. it might feel more attainable.

Congrats on the exercise, Aimee. I can relate to this feeling, believe me. Sometimes it just seems hard to find the right balance. Hang in there, we'll do it :) Small goals are a great idea, I try to do that, and Dawnyal was talking about it at 100.

Kimberley, the freecycle is really cool. I'm tempted to subscribe, but it has a warning for NYC that you'll get 100 emails a day! yikes. I love the amazing race, some of those families can get a little on the nasty side, whew! and they look so innocent ... ;) I never knew Panama was so beautiful. (We're in bed by 10 when the tv goes off, and we don't have cable.)

that is a great loss, Jill! :carrot: I like being able to watch past episodes of favorite shows on DVD. Now they're in the video stores for rental so fast too, almost right as a season ends.

I cleaned my work table today (finally!) It's cold and overcast here, very Halloweenish. There's a parade on the 31st in the neighborhood, we're contemplating going to see it. Parade makes it sound a little fancier than it is, really the local kids dressed up in a group, haha.

Don't forget to turn your clocks back tonight by an hour, gotta save that daylight!

have a good one

SwimGirl
10-29-2005, 03:32 PM
Goodmorning! I slept for 10-11 hours last night :) It was very enjoyable!

Kimberley - I used to love Survivor!! It kinda faded for me as the years passed. i have heard great things about My Name is Earl! My mom recounts it to me.. I always laugh. You should catch an episode of Gilmore Girls.. not that you need to be addicted, but its a pretty cute show.

Marge - It'd definitely feeling like fall these days, I'm not down with that. I'd prefer to keep with the summer stuff, mostly because I hate the rain. I really do want to pick up training for a 10km walk/run. Ideally I'd run! We'll see though, because I need to start NOW to be prepared for the race in April.

I really do seem to have a block when it's coming to weight loss these days, my plan from yesterday seems attainable... but where is my drive? Does this mean I don't want it badly enough? I don't know... I need to stop giving it so much thought. Alrighty, I am off.. I'll talk to you gals later!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
10-30-2005, 01:07 PM
Ah I love that time change!! We get an extra hour of sleep, and it's brighter in the morning :) I'm not a huge fan of all this darkness, but if we get a choice.. I'd rather it be brighter in the morning! Whats this stuff I hear that the USA wants to NOT do the daylight savings time stuff?? My goodness!!

Alrighty! I supposed I should go get ready for work, and all that fun stuff. The kids upstairs are VERY noisy this morning.. I don't get it! The parents actually give their kids an energy shake in the morning... sure I could understand if it the kids weren't up at 7am running around screaming and playing! Anyways, it's annoying, Josh and I definitely need to move! Have a great day gals!!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
10-30-2005, 01:34 PM
Speaking as a nightowl, I am gonna miss the extra hour of sunshine, because it comes while I'm snoozing. Waaaah! Sometime I want to get some thickly lined drapes to pull over our mini-blinded windows at night. It's too hard to sleep with the light plus normal noise (like my MIL's dog barking downstairs after Nancy leaves in the morning, cars, etc.). In the winter it's easier because the windows are closed, at least.

dragonwoman64
10-31-2005, 10:52 AM
wow, they give their kids energy shakes?? I thought there was such a big to-do about kids being over tranquilized now.

We went hiking yesterday and I'm sore and tired today, what would I be like without that extra hour? It was a beautiful day yesterday, and the area is so pretty, along the Hudson, with the sailboats and kayakers, and the trees changing colors. Not as vivid as the pics you had, Kimberley, but nice. Was strange to be riding home on the train and have it be pitch dark at 6pm.

I really do seem to have a block when it's coming to weight loss these days, my plan from yesterday seems attainable... but where is my drive? Does this mean I don't want it badly enough? I don't know... I need to stop giving it so much thought.

I go through periods like this. Maybe it's just getting into a habit and sticking with it. I mean, it's impossible to keep high motivation all the time. It seems like I have an easier time with I get into a grove, don't think about it and just stick to it. I don't know. Sigh. Not like I've been kicking but weight loss wise lately!!

Anyway, :) HAPPY HALLOWEEN! :)

jillybean720
10-31-2005, 12:22 PM
Happy Halloween, ladies! :lol:

I took the opportunity to wear a t-shirt to work today...it is a black Ghostbusters shirt :) EVERYONE has candy out in their cubicles here at the office, so I am trying really hard to stay in my cube and work, work, work so I can avoid it!

Had an okay weekend--saw Saw 2 on Friday night, veged out all day watching tv/movies and playing on our computers on Saturday, and watched the Redskins game yesterday (sad and pathetic as it was). Saturday night, though I had a really bad dream about Jeff cheating on me and stuff, so I woke up really early in a really bad mood, which of course lead me to think about the occurences of last week again :( I ended up crying yet again and talking to Jeff about some issues. I also included a discalimer: "I promise I'm not always like this--I really don't cry over things every other day normally!" I think the stress of the week and hormones together (TOM started yesterday) made for a bad combination, but we talked and I'm back to happy again :smug: Now I just need to STAY happy ;)
Here's a happy note--I was SO excited this morning when I left the gym to go to work because THE SUN WAS UP! I didn't have to drive to work in the dark! :D

SwimGirl
11-01-2005, 12:04 AM
Hi gals! Just a quick one from me, I'm making a healthy, okay, semi healthy dinner! I am feeling pretty good today, yay! My manager is also a life coach, so we talked for most of the day.. it was good :) So good infact, I skipped the fast food and had sushi for lunch, and for dinner? I skipped TEMPURA ( I can barely handle that), and am having whole wheat pasta with ground chicken spaghetti sauce. It's a nice feeling considering how I've been feeling these past few days!

Alrighty, I gotta run and finish making dinner! I'll talk to yah'll later!!

-Aimee

dragonwoman64
11-01-2005, 10:40 AM
I started a November thread.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1003592#post1003592

Take it easy, ladies.