Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-01-2005, 07:01 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekend Chat October 1st and 2nd

Good Morning,

How is everyone this fine Saturday?

Whats your plans for today?

We're going apple picking
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 10:16 AM   #2  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all,

Leenie, I'm doing good this fine Saturday. I'm so thankful not to be going to the place of irritation (my new name for work) that I'm just sitting here smiling. Have a great time apple picking.

I plan to go to town with DH to buy shed supplies. Since the kids have what used to be our garage, everything it in my husband's workshop/garage. So it's time to build another shed. DH has it designed so it's time to spend more dollars. Plus I forgot that I ran out of TOM supplies last month and guess who came to visit.

Exercise and eating have been off the last couple weeks. I keep trying, but I'm struggling. I always go through waves like this. I figure if I can keep up the exercise o 3-4 times a week that's not too bad. My goal was every day for a while, but that's not happening right now.

Marble, I did get the Performer. It's humungous. I have to watch the video today, then try it out. Mostly I have to find a spot for it. I'll let you know what I think of it. I sure hope the poisin ivy leaves soon.

All you with a cold out there, take care of yourselves.

TTYL.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 02:13 PM   #3  
I CAN DO THIS

Hello Ladies..

This morning I took the kids to Logansport for the Fire/Rescue Event at Home Depot.. My son's tiger scout group had it planned for their outing this month.. It was fun and even I learned alot, but then I had fun running after my 2 year old. I am so tempted to go buy one of those kid harnesses and only give her a little to run...

The rest of the day is cleaning... I am getting ready to go outside and pull weeds and do yard work with my son.. Still debating if I am going to have a yard sale next weekend... Depends on what I get done this week. Sunday will be more of the same cleaning and getting things organized.. I am waiting for the weekend I can do absolutely nothing but spend it with the kids.. Hopefully after the 15th.

Weight loss and Exercise are at their very low.. I can't seem to get interested.. I was planning on restarting today, but I couldn't get myself out of bed this morning and decided to sleep in.. Then for lunch this afternoon..after the even I took the kids to kunch at Mc Donalds and had a chicken sandwich and a few fries..

I think everyone is getting colds now.. My son is sick and I am starting to feel it to...

Well have to get moving so much to do..

/hugs
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 04:09 PM   #4  

Default Touching base

Hi everyone!

How are things.........I have had a pretty good weekend off.................I am really enjoying my Mon-Fri job.......full time is a real juggling act though.......I spend a couple hours every saturday cooking and freezing meals so when I get home at 5 or 6 it is just a warm up entree......and I make rice or potato and a salade and we are all set...that way no impulsive meal choices and NO take out!

We have done great since the start of sept........we ate out once and ordered in pizza once........so not bad for a whole month!

I am not going to be working full time after the 14th but some weeks will be 2 times a week and some 4-5.....it all depends.

How have you all been......

Ashlie we all had the school fall colds..........first dd13, then dd7 and I am just recovering.

MMarie hope you are feeling better soon.....how did the shed go?

Leens did you get lots of apples.......I'm going to make carmel apples with my girls this week.....kraft carmels melted in the microwave with a little water......yum!

Hi everyone else..........hope all is well........talk soon!

xoLiz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 04:44 PM   #5  
CIN

Hi Gals,
This has been a rather "lazy" weekend. The Grandaughters stayed Friday night.they are 10 & 11 ..we took them out for Mexican food and ran into their other set of Grandparents! What are the chances of that? Like you Liz we have cut back on eating out. Since it is just the 2 of us (usually) we have limited it to once a week.....and we share portions a lot. We know all the places to go to get the most for our money too!

My homemade low - cost ,low fat granola turned out to be very tasty. I use it for toppings.....it takes discipline to stay out of it! I noticed hubby topping everything with it! Very good with yogurt!

I have a busy work week coming up also with extra meetings. I like to make as much ahead also..............it helps me not make those "fast choices" that can end up being "poor choices" when you are tired!

I am heading to the grocery to buy a few things we need.

My cold is finally better.I still cough and feel congested a little in the morning...darn thing lasted OVER 2 weeks!

Later gals
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 08:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey gang!

i didn't even know where to look to post. i am having trouble keeping up with what day of the week it is. i cannot believe today is sunday and that it is october!

it's crazy around here of course. There are only 5 houses on our road with electricity and we are blessed to be one of them. Others in my hubby's family are getting electricity back in Moss Bluff (which is outside of Lake Charles) so some of the family members are trickling into other houses.

Yesterday was the first day that we could get into Lake Charles to check out my mom's home. Oh my gosh - her neighborhood was the worst that I've seen. Every house had a tree on it or in it, and everyone was cleaning out their houses and had most of their belongings at the road for the trash - furniture, clothes, food, carpet, flooring, walls, everything you could think of. When we finally turned the corner I was surprised to see that my mom's house probably had the least damage of any of the homes, (no tree in it or on it) but most of her shingles are gone, and a window was broken into her computer room. We had to finish breaking thru the window to get into the house since her keys are with her in Arkansas. We immediately noticed that the ceiling in her dining room had fallen in and there was sheetrock and insulation everywhere. The stench from her refrigerators and deep freezers was undescribeable. We had to clean out all of her units, dolly them out to the yard, hose them down and clean them with pinesol and bleach. I will never get the smell out of my nose. I keep getting wiffs of it and it gags me.

While we were there, we had a company from Florida clean up her yard, and then another emergency tarp company from there tarped up her whole roof, so that hopefully she will not get any more rain in her house while waiting on a new roof.

The heat and the mosquitos are both very hard to deal with right now. Please pray for a cool front to get down to Louisiana and give everyone some relief.

My boss called a little while ago (have I told ya'll that I work for a General Contractor - oh boy!) and said that the electricty just came on at the shop. I guess from the sound of my silence he could tell that I was shocked and suggested that I take another day to do what I need to do and then come into work on Tuesday. I don't even know if I can get gas in Lake Charles - what a mess - but I know that he is swamped with emergency repairs and that it will make it easier for him to do his job if I am there doing mine - so I will get back to work on Tuesday.

It is so nice to read ya'lls posts and see what is going on away from all of this chaos.

hugs & blessings,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 10-02-2005 at 09:06 PM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 08:54 AM   #7  

(((((((((((((((((((Cathy)))))))))))))))

xoLiz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote