General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 07:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 174.2/148.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Angry Does anyone else think the upcoming CSI Miami is in bad taste

They are doing a show about a 18 BLONDE girl who comes to Miami for spring Break and diasappears. I personally think this is in bad taste as to the Disappearance of Natalee in the Caribean. I am very disapointing in the rights and staff. That should just be pulled.

Anyone else agree?
Old 09-30-2005, 08:22 AM   #2  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

I noticed that about two months after the tsunami in South Asia, CSI: Miami had an episode about a tsunami/tidal wave hitting Miami. I thought that was pretty tacky, too. I don't know if it was a re-run or what, but *someone* at CBS should have considered what was happening in the real world before airing it.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:16 AM   #3  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

I saw the preview last night while watching Survivor. The first thing that came to my mind as well as my husband's was the disappearance of Natalee. I know that TV has a tendency to recreate real life, but this one is a bit much. I can only imagine how her family and friends will feel about the episode. Maybe CBS should consider the importance of people's feelings over ratings. But alas it doesn't work that way.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:32 AM   #4  
one leg press at a time

I don't really agree or disagree, but it does seem like it is copycatting Law & Order as it seems for the pst several years every episode has been played from headline news.
Something original would be nice.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:57 AM   #5  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Why is anyone expecting anything from CSI Miami....the whole show is a schloky copy of the real deal CSI....apparently they are attempting to copy the ripped from the headlines plan of Law and Order now...
Old 09-30-2005, 01:50 PM   #6  
Journey To The Thin Me

I honestly, don't expect anything out of CSI Miami. I don't even watch it. I stick to the original CSI. I love it. I just think it's a fact of life. TV imitates reality. If there's something in the headlines, the networks work to imitate it. It's nothing new. Whether it be in bad taste or not, if it works, the networks are going to try it to get the ratings.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:27 PM   #7  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Love your quote AnnieFannie!

My post was a little harsh - I am always annoyed with myself when I find myself watching CSI Miami (which is rare)...mostly 'cause David Caruso annoys me...didn't mean to take it out on y'all.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:38 PM   #8  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

LOL chick-in-the-hat...

We forgive you for taking it out on us . I found David Caruso MUCH more irritating on NYPD. Like, turn-the-channel-to-anything-but-THIS annoying. I don't mind him as much on CSI Miami. It's just on too darn late for me .

BTW...the day I picked up my (then nameless) kitten at the shelter, one of the first goofy things he did was climb on top of the TV and start swatting at the image. Including David Caruso. So I named him (the kitty) "Horatio" after David C's character on CSI Miami. It fits cuz my kitty has orange hair, too.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:26 PM   #9  
Journey To The Thin Me

No problem chick_in_the_hat...of course we forgive you.. It makes for a nice discussion. He does have a tendency to get under your skin. And thanks. I find the quote to be so true.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 174.2/148.6/145

Height: 5'7"

I understand the whole art imitating life, but shouldn't they wait until the crime is sovled. Especially because these shows usuallt solve the whole thing in an hour. I feel bad for the parents, and think they could have done a lot to make not so close to home. (change the hair color, make her a little older, etc.)
JMHO
Closed Thread