Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 04:54 PM   #1  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Question What kind of plan do you follow?

Just wondering how everyone is losing their weight. I am doing the count calories, watch fat and exercise thing. What is everyone else doing? South Beach, Weight Watchers, Atkins, BFL etc... It's always interesting to see how others are achieving their goals.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:25 PM   #2  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

I have been doing Sunslim for the last two and a half weeks and as of Monday have lost 9 pounds. So needless to say I am impressed with it.
Virginia
Old 09-29-2005, 07:10 PM   #3  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I have done Richard Simmons and calorie counting. I am doing WW now, and it is very easy for me. I might see results this time.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:50 PM   #4  
Pending Email Confirmation

I have done Somercising, Walk away the pounds, Michael Thurmond's 8 week body makeover, Southbeach, grapefruit ummm... nothing works. Now I'm at the - don't eat so damned much and pick better choices, stop getting sweets every day, and exercise plan. So far, I feel better. I'm probably going to have to be a calorie counter to actually see my weight go down though.
IMO Diets work because you are cutting calories once you stop the diet and go back to regular eating the weight comes back. Watching what you eat and not going overboard and exercising is the only way to make it work. It sucks though! *L* I want immediate results (which I did get with those other diets btw, but I could never stick with them).
Old 09-29-2005, 08:56 PM   #5  
redhead veggie

I'm exercising, doing fitday.com for counting calories, and hoping and praying that I start seeing results. So far I gained 2.5 pounds! Ack! Oh well. I feel good.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:47 PM   #6  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I'm doing Weight Watchers
Old 09-29-2005, 11:53 PM   #7  

I'm a calorie counter and exerciser. I stick to about 1700 cal a day and at least 1/2 hour of exercise. I'm losing, slowly, and sometimes it's a bit frustrating. It's working fairly well for me, but I really need to up my fiber, so I think I'm going to move to whole grains only next week. Basically I feel that I need to make a change that sticks, so that I never have to up-end my life again to lose weight.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:14 AM   #8  

I agree with Lizziness, you're best bet to long term weight loss is to eat well and exercise daily. I too have tried everything from South Beach, Atkins, Jenny Craig, etc. and gained back after falling off the wagon.
I have replaced all carbs with whole grains, increased my fruits and veggies and starting eating more fish and lean proteins.
I have confidence that this will be what works for me. I need a good variety in my diet and eating a well balanced diet is the only way to get that.
Good luck to everyone on their plans. I wish you all the best of luck.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:56 AM   #9  

I have done South Beach (did not work at all as one carb serving led to another which led to platefulls of noodles...ATkins, which I lost lots of weight on but have trouble following when I am either pressed for time, really exhausted or stressed out. Right now I am watching my carbs one day & then saying Oh F*ck it the next. It's usually because I was up til two am studying or doing projects for school...I REALLY believe that lack of sleep is a major contributor to weight gain for me. I can see a huge correlation between cycles when I had time to sleep & lost weight & when I was sleep deprived & gained like mad.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:57 AM   #10  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

I lost my weight eating less and exercising more, who'd have thunk it?
Old 09-30-2005, 10:07 AM   #11  

I'm doing LA Weight Loss, workout alot, cardio, weights and jazzercise, drink lots of water. Repeat mantra often: "I will be thin & look hot in my leather when I ride to the nursing home on my Harley"....lol
Old 09-30-2005, 10:56 AM   #12  
Cynical RedHead

I did South Beach before, but i can't go 2 weeks without fruit. I count calories and exercise. The master plan is to have between 1400 and 1600 calories daily with at least 30 minutes of exercise.

But, today the scale told me i gained two pounds from yesterday. I think it is lying, but i hate it anyway.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:03 AM   #13  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Star....
Old 09-30-2005, 11:21 AM   #14  

Default ...

Fish Woman - Those scales, they have a mind of their own. When they miss behave, lock in in the closet til it promises to be good

Tani - Hey, an old biker chick has to have a goal, right
Old 09-30-2005, 11:48 AM   #15  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

I'm currently 'doing it the old-fashioned way' of counting calories and pretty much also following the Zone diet of 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat at each meal. I find this keeps my blood sugar balanced which reduces snacking, especially in the afternoon.

I'm also choosing healthier foods - no white carbs (except cauliflower!) & averaging 1400 - 1600 calories a day (using Nutridiary). I work out 3 or 4 times a week at Curves.

This seems to be working better than everything else I've tried - WW, TOPS, Nutrisystem, HCG injections , Atkins, etc. and it's easier to stick with. It's slow but sure!
Closed Thread