South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 04:12 AM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Default Terrific Thursday Thoughts!

Good Morning, Beachies!

Can you tell I'm not getting enough sleep? DH and I got in around 12:00 a.m. on the train from our trip up north. It was three hours late. Today we did a bunch of driving around, fighting lots of LA traffic (something I don't miss) and then had a terrible time getting home, as there are big fires on the hills all near our area. We had to go a very long route home. Tomorrow morning we're leaving for the aiport around 4 a.m. (I'm taking DH...he's flying home now, I leave in 2 weeks) so we can get him there on time, we hope. We have no idea what freeways will be open. Our main one was closed last night.

I need sleep but wanted to post so you know how things are going and that I am around! If I can't get back home for a while after fighting our way out to get DH to the airport, you'll know why.

Tomorrow night, God willing, I plan to hang out with my dear friend and her darling son, Ethan. This is the little boy who was born last year in October as a 1 lb. 4 oz preemie. He's doing fantastic now...I'll have to post pictures of him sometime. He's crawling, has 7 teeth, weighs around 20 pounds, and is gorgeous with bright blue eyes and light blond hair.

Hope everyone has a great day. Say a prayer for the people of our town, if you get a chance. Not only for their wellbeing, but the wellbeing of their animals...many farms/ranches/horse stables were threatened.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:05 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh Beachgal, stay safe! We are thinking of you.

It's like November out there except there are leaves on the trees! It's very windy and rainy. I even have some branches that broke off the old pine overnight. Too bad it's not closer to Christmas so I could use them for decorating!

Hersh got her fur styling yesterday and is looking less like a black fur haystack. Unfortunately she also is showing the extra weight she has gained over the summer! I guess it's time to adjust the veggie proportions in her dog food.

Today is a good day to cozy in. If it's too cold in here later, I'll definitely put a fire in the woodstove again. I did that last night and the back room was very comfy for coffee and cuddles this morning. Tomorrow I hope to have the furnace and hot water back in order. This bit about heating water for washing is a drag! I want a long luxurious soak in my own tub.

What's on your plan for today? Have a and chat.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:38 AM   #3  

It's a FABULOUS FALL DAY here in Nerth Caroliner!

Ruth: I coulda been Hersh's twin... thankfully the perm pulled some of the color out.. I look less like I have a severe BLACK matted Nun doo.

BG: Enjoy your vacay and visit... I hear ya bout traffic... once you get out of these Metro areas it's amazing how you can actually enjoy driving again! When I watch the traffic reports here.. I'm like " TRAFFIC!!! You call that Traffic? That aint no Stinkin Traffic! Try drivin the LA freeways or the Cross Bronx, or the Joisey roads! " Hee HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Our first morning with a true nip in the air!.. All the windows are open, and I'm watching Crazy Casey and Darby Doo run about.. Casey can't run as fast, so she speeds up behind Darby and grabs hold of her tail! They do make me smile!
Today Fallish Cleaning on the docket..Shampooing the furniture and carpet.. and going to make Pearsydews Yumola granola!

I'll check back in later! Have a GREAT SUN SHINY DAY!!!!!!
Old 09-29-2005, 08:40 AM   #4  

Good morning ladies!!

It is rainy and ugly here and a great day to curl up under the comforter and watch Lifetime. But, alas, I am at work!

I had a great night last night. I went and got my gym bag and packed a peanut butter sandwich for DS before I picked him up from daycare. We went straight to the gym and he ate his sandwich on the way there. He was ready to play! We ran into the gym and then he bursted through the childcare door ready to go. I was so happy he wanted to go. There was a time he didn't. It makes going so much easier.

I got to read on the bike for a while and then I tried the Jacob's ladder. Has anyone tried that? I thought, "I'll do 10 minutes". Then, I got started and thought "I'll do 5 minutes." At, 3 minutes I was off of it. LOL I will be adding that into my cardio and working on increasing my time. It was hard, but fun. I am trying to explore the cardio machines to work different muscles and keep from getting bored.

While on the bike last night, I enjoyed looking down at my legs and seeing how they were firming up. I had a good weight training workout. It felt good to be getting it in. I plan on going tonight and just doing cardio.

Well, gotta get to work!
Old 09-29-2005, 08:42 AM   #5  
RNMOM

Default Hiya

Hugs to you Beachgal, I don't know how you stand crowds! Hope all goes well.

Ruth, glad the furstyling went well. Your house sounds snuggy, can I come over?

Busy day in the ER so far this AM, get to go home early though.

Fall feeling in the air around here, not ready for the days to get shorter, but it is pretty right now.

Hope you all have a great day on the beach.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:42 AM   #6  
Kyemom

Hey girls!!!
Laurie- Stay safe, sending hugs your way
Ruth- I bet she look so cute with her new fur-do...Maybe you could go ask Ralphie boy if you could borrow his tub!! lol

Me- Well, I am expecting a job offer today, but I don't know if I want it. I think it is too high of a stress job for me to do while going to school. & since being a RN is what I really want for my life, I don't think taking that kind of job is going to help me get there. I have been very good with my eating. It is so funny, because I really don't even have to think about it much anymore. It has just become a way of life for me. At what point did this start to happen for some of you?
Old 09-29-2005, 08:46 AM   #7  
RNMOM

Default Hello to you too

Must have posted at the same time. schatzi, do show your hair! you are sooo descriptive, send a photo!

djette, you go girl! looking at your firm muscles, congrats!!! you're dedicated, I wouldn't want to take my child to the gym....too much work to get there.

kyemom, good luck with the interview however it turns out. Stress can really affect grades, so you don't want to mess up your long term goals.

Hi everyone else to come!
Old 09-29-2005, 08:56 AM   #8  
Kyemom

Wow!!! We were all 4 posting at the same time!!! Morning ladies!!! Hope you all have a beachy day!!!
Old 09-29-2005, 09:13 AM   #9  

A blustery mornin' to ya! It is veeeery windy, 9C,48F, it was pouring rain....I love this weather. I feel so invigorated.
Lots of empowering stuff went on yesterday.1) I had a good day in general. 2) I made my fav cauliflower soup and it is beach friendly!!!!! It is darned good.I will post it.
3)I ran errands along the way to the city, did Grandma's hair, she commented about me not going to Thanksgiving but seemed okay with it, She said the odd thing that told of conversations about me and hubby amongst them.4)It reinforced my decisions positively.
5)I stopped at an old friends to pick up some fav books I had leant her and was missing. I did another haircut and then 6) went to a new friends for tea. I got home around midnight.
I ate 1/2 a multigrain bagel with ff cream cheese. 7)The rest of the day I did carb free without a hitch.8) Got lots of veggies in!! 9)Had a great sleep. 10) DS was happy and agreeable this morning.11)I am having coffee with you ladies! 12) I just have the 4 preschoolers today and they will all nap this aft and I will have 2 hours to myself.13)
i am going to take a bath in a few minutes. 14) I sent the parent guide to the school board printer yesterday!!! It's like giving birth. I have been working on it since last Feb. It will be celebrated when complete. 15) I am feeling clear headed and full of possibilities for the future!!!

Weeheee!!!
Old 09-29-2005, 09:27 AM   #10  

We had a cold front move through last night! We even got some badly needed rain. Get this - the high today is only supposed to be 77! YEAH! Now I know that may not seem cool to most of you but you have to realize that the high in Dallas was 102 yesterday. Ft. Worth hit 105! So what a difference.

We've got the PTA picnic this evening but we're eating at home first and then just going for the activities. I've been swamped with work and the Wood Badge project.

Sounds like Fall has reached most of us (of course we are supposed to be back in the 90's in a couple of days but we'll take whatever we can get).
Old 09-29-2005, 09:32 AM   #11  
gotta lose it!

Good morning everyone...just got up - feel like crap (and look it too!) Maybe I'll peck in later...
Old 09-29-2005, 09:57 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Good Mornin' Ya'll

Had a good day yesterday, had no slip ups, determined to get rid of these pesky 4 pounds that I keep losing and finding again. I made taco bake last night, I did eat quite a bit of it, with lots of lettuce etc. How much is too much of a phase 1 entree? Anyhoo...

I bought the new Gretchen Wilson CD yesterday, do any of you listen to country music, she is so cool. I was jamming on the way to work. That just gets me in a good mood...loud music, good coffee, jamming down the highway. So now I'm singing at work, can't ask for more than that.

Ya'll have a great day!!!!
Old 09-29-2005, 09:58 AM   #13  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hi chicks.... things around here are crazy, I have a sick hubby home with a terrible sinus infection and a sick child home who is running a fever and has a sore throat and is whinny.........and I am still fighting my cold, Mothers do not have time to be sick. Things have been nuts around here the last few days, just when I think all is normal. Well I have to dash as I need to jump the shower before I take dd to the dr. I hope she is better by Sunday as we are in "Run for the Cure" I will try to pop back in later tonight after my dance class and all are in bed. Have a great day chicks.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:52 AM   #14  

Ruthie&chicks,

this is the soup I make. I think it is SB friendly.
I use homemade chicken or veggie stock and more garlic. yuuuummy!!
Let me know if it is okay?

http://soup.allrecipes.com/az/CrmfCliflwrSpII.asp
Old 09-29-2005, 11:03 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, you'd have to use olive oil instead of butter and potatoes are not allowed on Phase I or II so more cauliflower would be neeeded. Looks good to me though and I may make it today if the cauliflower in my crisper/compost drawer is still OK. Since the potatoes in the original recipe are a thickener, I will add some bean flour to mine.

(Can you tell I miss my potatoes? I can't even type it out loud! )
Closed Thread