Paganchicks - Merry Meet and greet

View Full Version : Merry Meet and greet

mauvaisroux
09-28-2005, 02:50 PM
Merry meet and welcome to the Paganchicks forum!

We are a diverse group of people who are following various earth based paths and would like to meet, chat and give support to/get support from others with similar beliefs.

If you would like to join in then feel free to post a bio in this thread.

Blessed be. :)

mauvaisroux
09-28-2005, 03:13 PM
Mauvaisroux -french for evil redhead

I am the moderator for the Alternachicks, PaganChicks and Vegggiechicks forums so any questions, compliments or complaints can be thrown my way and I will do my best to help you.

I am married and raising one 3 year old tabby cat.

I am Following my own mesh of Celticpagan/Eastern philosophies along with practicing yoga and meditation.

Interests: bellydancing, reading (Sci-Fi and Fantasy novels), cooking, travelling, gaming, jewellery making and sewing. I enjoy watching sci fi, horror, fantasy and B-movies as well as Asian cinema.

I listen to a lot of different music but mostly alternative (dark n' dancy ;) ) World music (Celtic, Arabic, Indian, Asian) and I am not into rap or country - just not my cup of tea :dunno:

flower
09-28-2005, 03:31 PM
I am Audri but you can call me flower if you want.

36, married (he is 10 years younger), 3 sons (15, 11 and 5). I am a SAHM, but I am trained as a florist.

Intrests/hobbies: books, crafting, wood working/burning, beading, making wreaths,sewing, cross stitch.

Fav authors: Gosh too many, but love contemory and historical romances, fantasy and some mysteries. I also love atlas's, reference books and crafting books.

beliefs: hodgepodge, consider myself a generic Pagan rofl

I live in the subburbs of Reno NV, but a LV girl at heart. Pets-2 cockateils and an aquarium full of creatures that shouldn't co exist. lol

music-instrumental new age, classic rock, hard modern rock

timmyshawn
09-28-2005, 08:26 PM
I'm Heather. A 29 yo SAHM for 3 kids and one hubby :lol: . I am a eclectic solitary wiccan. I have 2 cats, 1 dog, and some fish. I live in Virginia. Don't have a favorite author, I just like to read. Hobbies include painting ceramics, sewing, drawing. I like music. All kinds of music.

Forestdawn
10-31-2005, 06:23 PM
Im new to this group. I am 36 years old have been a practising pagan on and off for years. Lately I have more just been interested in being in tune with nature. I live in a forest and my hobbies are organic gardening and living naturally.

hathor6
11-17-2005, 03:16 AM
Okay, I am not really a pagan. More like a Deist (believes in a godhead but don't assign myself to a particular religion). However, I am a interested in all things Metaphysical (Native American and Ancient Egyptian spirituality), divination and Chaos Magick.

More about me...

I am mostly vegetarian, not because I hate eating animals but my Native American p.o.v. is that animal flesh is only suppose to be eaten when you extremely lack nutrients from eating a mostly plant diet. I don't like meat to be eaten all the time, treating flesh as produce. I only eat flesh on holidays and try to avoid it as much as possible during the year. I might be hanging around the Vegetarian boards around here.

I am trying to lose weight by bellydancing. Being diligent about it by putting in long hours. I have 4 bellydancing dvd and I am going to learn all of the dance routines! I would like to become a professional caberet (turkish) and egyptian style bellydancer.

I don't have much to say about myself, except that I am currently unemployed and don't know what to do with myself career-wise at age 30. Ha! I loved getting my Art history degree years ago, but there aren't too many jobs I can use that degree with now. My last job was retail in cosmetics and I hated it so much that it stressed me out terribly. I have a huge ezcema patch on my back because of it (ezcema is stress related skin ailment).

Actually, if it wasn't for money issues, I like being unemployed. I love not having to go to work and I can visit my elderly family members anytime. I love being in the house. I can't believe it. Especially since I grew up being a hardcore "women oughta work outside the home" feminist.

I think I want to become a housewife. *LOL* Be my own mini-Martha Stewart. I ain't kidding.

Blueberrie
11-17-2005, 09:03 PM
Oh, didn't expect to find a forum about this here! I consider myself to be pagan as well, and have for the past five years, though in the real world I'm not one to go advertising that about...

I guess I don't really believe that god(s) literally exists... but I see the world very symbolically and have a very strong interest in magic of all sorts. I guess I identify the most strongly with chaos magic principles!

Nice to see there are like-minded folks here as well. :)

ajandpj99
11-18-2005, 09:38 AM
Welcome! :hug:

Nice to meet all the new folks! More the merrier. :carrot:

mauvaisroux
11-18-2005, 11:17 AM
wow- quite a few new folks here! Welcome! :wave:

Hathor- I have been taking bellydance classes (cabaret and gypsy styles) for a few years now - I love it! I have also done some public appearances, mostly for charity events, and was on t.v.once too. Not sure if I will give up my day job yet though ;)

Tani
11-18-2005, 11:18 AM
Welcome! :D

Cyl53
11-30-2005, 01:16 PM
So I found you all! ok, a little about myself. I see that so far I can be labled the crone of the group at 52 :dizzy: but with a new grandson that I babysit for from time to time I am still very much in mother mode and try hard not to forget the fun lovin maiden too ;)

Merry Meet! I was very happy to see this group. I have been following the pagan path since I was in my 20's. I am 53 (I guess we need a crone thread:smug: )

I look upon myself as a green witch as I love nature and feel very connected to Mother Earth.

Unfortunately, I've not been able to discover ways to keep weight undercontrol but with the cooler weather, I am out taking my walks and enjoying the weather and taking in nature around me.

I look forward to sharing with others.

Cyl53

ajandpj99
12-01-2005, 10:59 AM
Welcome!!

:hug:

:carrot:

mauvaisroux
12-01-2005, 11:12 AM
Welcome to the group! :D

Nepeta
12-05-2005, 11:07 PM
Hello all. I already said hi in the meet and greet thread, but then got home from work and jumped on the boards. I didn't even realize there was a pagan thread here. I'm back on the weight watchers bandwagon after loosing, then gaining it back during my cross country move, merry meet to all of you, and looking forward to talking to everyone.

if you're interested in my wiccan site (hasn't been updated in many a moon, but it's still up) it's at http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Aegean/2180

Lissa68
12-13-2005, 06:24 AM
OOOOOOOOOOO look what I found!! *waves hi madly* I'm pagan and have been most of life. How is everybody? So what do we do in here?

Hmmmmmm my path? *shrugs* who knows? LOL I hate labels and for the most part refuse to give myself one. Im into that natural, do your own thing, believe your own thing vibe and just be spiritual and the best person you can be in this life because its the one that really matters.

*holds head... OMG EARWORM!*

Song of the South just came out of nowhere and got stuck in head... what the heck? Thumps head on desk...too early....too early... losing mind.

HAHA

mauvaisroux
12-13-2005, 05:32 PM
Welcome Nepeta and Lissa :D

ajandpj99
12-13-2005, 06:07 PM
Welcome!

Lissa - I am with you - dont label me - dont even try - and that is too funny the song in your head, happens to me all the time - usually hubby was whistling and later I get the lyric version in my head and cant figure out why. LOL

Nirvanagurl
12-24-2005, 12:40 PM
Hi I am Jessica, I am 32 and a stay at home mom of 2 in Northern Nevada , I have been pagan for many years, and I am really really glad to of found this forum, as this time around I am hoping to use my spirituality as my strength to get this weight off for good, and its great to of found people to share that with!

I have had a really rough year and the more stressed I got, the more I ate, I am not sure my exact weight right at the moment, I put the scale in the garage when I got mad at it a few months ago and have been to scared to drag it out , I am going to today. But I am guessing I am around 190. I am 5'8 tall and my goal weight is between 135-140. But I will be happy to just be under 150 again period!

my plan of action is doing ritual to ask for the strength to help with this food addiction I seem to have anymore, the eatting for emotional reasons. I do use it like a drug. I will also start taking a good vitamin and trying to get my energy level back up, now that Yule has passed, I am hoping my seasonal blues might start slowing retreating as the days get a little longer again slowly. I am planning on doing a old fashioned calorie restriction type of diet, because in the past that is what I have always done the best on. I am going to aim for about 1300-1500 calories a day, I have found that range dosnt seem to cause any large metabolism crashes for me. And to devote myself to dance, its embarrassing to say that being a belly dance teacher I managed to gain this much weight. It was just a really rough year and I left my co dancer in charge of the classes this last semester at the college and was sick for most of them myself, so getting back in touch with music and dance is going to be my biggest form of exercise, because it is the only exercise I will do.
We are moving to a new neighborhood this next week and I plan on starting to walk more in the afternoons when it isnt absoultely freezing out, even if its only for a few blocks. I havnt felt comfortable doing that in our current neighborhood. I was the manager of a large low income property up untill last week and this neighborhood had really really gone downhill and gotten a bit dangerous so I have been hauled up in my apartment for way too long!

I have 2 beautiful children ages 5 & 10. And for now I am just staying at home with them, money will be much tighter and I will continue to look for a part time job but for now my husband is ok with me being home , I really had a bad bad year and he knows I am on a verge of a breakdown.

So its time to turn it all around now!

And I am just very grateful to of found this community!

Nirvanagurl
12-24-2005, 12:47 PM
Big old long post and I totally forgot to answer the path question!

I am a gypsy witch:) Its not a official form of Wiccian but its my own thing.

Short History..

raised catholic, got intersted in buddhism when I was in my late teens, went into it more heavily in my early 20's, also searced within the concepts of hinduism , taoism and got really involved in yoga and all that can sometimes surrond in my mid 20's, then I stumbled into raymond bucklands book, liked parts of it, but still felt most comfy around eastern spiritual practices, but by 28 I met a coven of wiccians that I really felt positive about and they let me keep alot of my eastern loves and I learned to mix that with western wicca..and have been doing it since. I went for about a year or so around age 28 when I was calling myself a buddhist witch:) Then when I was 29 I found tribal belly dance and fell in love with it and dance and music became such a huge part of my spiritual center, I moved out west, got even more involved with drum circles out here, and have since simply named myself a gypsy witch, or ghawazee witch, but basically I practice a electic blend of wicca practices and theroys mixed in with various eastern traditions from buddhism, hinduism and taoism.

fourwinds
01-02-2006, 02:13 AM
Hey all! I had to follow a couple of other threads to find this place, but here I am! I don't really know my "path" per se. Publically, I'm an Atheist, but in the last year or so, I went more the Pantheist route with strong leanings towards Wicca, but I don't really believe in an actual God or Goddess except for maybe as symbols, which are powerful in their own ways. (Long sentence! Sorry!) At any rate, my real beliefs are pretty shoved back in the closet. Nobody knows, and as far as I'm concerned, they don't need to either! :sssh:

I'm going to turn 30 this year. I'm also married with two cats. I'm also tired of being fat! Let's get this party started! :D

djadecatz
01-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Hello all, my name is Diana another crone here at age 54. I am a Soliditary Wiccan. Did 1st degree training in Wicca and was initiated. Also have 2nd degree in Reiki. Like most here I love reading science fiction and mysterys.
Divorced. 2 sons, one grandaughter (1 yr old) Share my home with 3 cats and one dog and 2 tanks of fish! Love plants and gardening, walks, biking. I do customer service work for the local cable company here. My main Goddess is Isis. Energy work and healing are my main focus. I am finding as I get older my weight is making itself noticed by way of ocassional knee and left hip pain (arthritis) not to mention bloodpressure is more than it should be - as I changed to the current job in September my stress level is way down (the main problem in sticking to a plan in the past) So, here I am to join and hopefully add to the encouragement we are giving each other here!

mauvaisroux
01-02-2006, 06:30 PM
Welcome Nirvanagirl, Fourwinds and Djadecatz:welcome2: Looking forward to getting to know all of you :)

ajandpj99
01-02-2006, 10:34 PM
:welcome2:

RottenApple
01-09-2006, 10:46 PM
Hey all! I found this place from some on line articles and then was excited to see this forum. I am a SAHM of two boys. I just turned 30 and I have been a practicing pagan sense I was 17. My husband is also Pagan.

I have a long way to go before I reach my healthy goal. And I hope I can lend support to others on the same path!

mauvaisroux
01-10-2006, 10:12 AM
Welcome! :wave:

RottenApple
01-10-2006, 10:28 AM
Thanks!!!!

dberdine
01-13-2006, 01:25 PM
Hi Godesses~

How nice it is to find people who have similar goals and beliefs!
I look forward to meeting you all.

RottenApple
01-13-2006, 01:27 PM
hey Dede! Nice to meet ya too. Awsome tattoo!

dberdine
01-13-2006, 01:42 PM
Well thank you very much!!!!:df:

Kore
01-17-2006, 12:12 AM
Earth Bound Cyber Goddess:

After searching the web *forever* for the right place I found 3FC and totally dig it- even before I found this section, which just makes it so much better! I posted a general intro in the Buddy call out area yesterday (no buddy yet...). the details of me are that I'm a girl of 30 living in Indiana, raised up vegetarian and pagan in Northern California. I enjoy Middle Eastern Dance, making jewelry, sewing (which lately has meant reading books about sewing or reading pattern instructions), and oddly enough my work. :dizzy:
I guess I'll mention some other basic things like, I'm 5'5 and at my highest weight I was 308, I had a major bad fall, busted up my leg but good, learned to re-walk and through diet (and the fact that cooking was impossible in my wheel chair) dropped to 213, I stopped loosing when I freaked at all the excess skin (I need hints!) and am now at 225. I'm starting things again and this time, I'm totally going to work out along with dieting - so hard to work out with the leg, but no choices. Plus I really want to get back to doing routine dance, I was heavy heavy at 308 but I could do dance practice 3-4 times a week. Not so much now, even with less weight due to far far far less mobility. I'm thinking 1-2 pounds a week for *ever* and I might hit my goal of 130. After inviting all my friends (including Ms size 2) I am heading off alone to the meat market gym. Not only am I going, but I'm going to go to deep water exercise tomorrow- I'm going into hostile size zero bikini land wearing my red two piece and one **** of a smile :devil:

Blessings to you and yours!
Love ya ladies!
Kore.

p.s. It would rock if someone could tell me how to make the sig line work, I've selected my little scale chanted to the great geek goddess but can't seem to make it work :p "oh great cyber witch, she who makes the keyboard hum, bless me with your favor and make my scale appear, so that all these groovy chicks know I got no fear"

mauvaisroux
01-17-2006, 11:37 AM
Welcome Dede and Kore :D

Kore - good luck with the water exercise class - you are a braver soul than I :)

this link will tell you how to get your tracker into your signature . . .
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56332

Kore
01-18-2006, 12:47 AM
Thank you for the welcome and complement on being brave! :devil:
Since I posted about going to water aerobics, I'm going to post a random follow up. I have always needed someone to go with me to the gym and for the first time in my life I actually went alone. I think it was knowing I could come here for support and that I made the grand announcement to everyone that I was going, and btw I did indeed wear the red two piece ;)

Kore

(still working on the signature! thanks for the link!)

mauvaisroux
01-18-2006, 11:29 AM
Yay! Go Kore! Go Kore! :cheer:

lady hawke
01-19-2006, 06:12 AM
Hello! I'm lady hawke. I'm 42, married, have one wonderful child and 3 fur children! I like country music, reading historical/time travel romance and painting.
I am happy I found your group :hug:
I was raised catholic but feel blessed that we stopped going to church when my parents divorceed (we were excommunicated because of the divorce and I have always felt that it was the people of the church - not God - that kicked us out when we needed them the most).
I'm a free spirit(pagan?!), I do believe in God, in a higher power, angels and in myself.
I have always been interested in wicca and have been reading more and more about wicca/pagan/visualization/affirmation and I am pleasantly surprised to see some of my beliefs from childhood (not from being catholic, just from being me) and little things I've done for years in these books!
I have alot of weight to release. 255 pounds. I am changing my life with Atkins and am on day 2 of induction.
I look forward to getting to know you all and sharing our journeys together.

mauvaisroux
01-19-2006, 09:58 PM
Welcome Lady Hawke :wave:

hannah_weeks
01-24-2006, 12:43 PM
I'm a newby - sorta! I've been sneaking around the boards for a few months now and have finally posted my bio and figured that I should 'meet and greet' as well. I'm gearing up for my favorite time of the year (spring) and getting really excited about starting seeds for my gardens this year. Over the winter I gained quite alot of weight and I am hoping that, with all of the work I have planned over the next few months, that weight will be gone before I know it. My DH and I are preparing for Imbolc (Spring Equinox) and, Oh My Goddess, this year there is soooooooo much to be done! I love this time of the year because it really gets me motivated and moving - even though it is still cold outside I see little hints of the coming of the "sun" and just can't help getting the garden journal started.

We live on a little farm in Missouri - we have 3 little goddesses (ages 3, 5, and 8 years old) and many 'furry' children, as well. My DH and I are night owls - he works the night shift and I work from home mainly during the evening hours as a paralegal/research assistant for an attorney who is also a night owl - the day is taken up by children and 'housework' - I am not a big sleeper, obviously, but my body doesn't require it.

My DH is British and, although we have plans to move to England in the future, we are very happy and content here on our little farm. We refuse to live in the big city where he's from (London) and buying a farm in England is in no way cheap - I tell him that as long as I can live there for part of my life I'll be content to 'dream' for now.

Well - that's all I have time for - plus, I rambled on enough about myself in my bio *blush* - until later - peace and blessed be.

incendiary
01-30-2006, 10:10 AM
Hi there!

I'm Linzi, 24 years old and married to a gnostic Christian. Trust me, things sometimes get interesting in our house!

I was raised with very little religion and have been searching for my spritual home for many years. After being disappointed with organized religion (I think I've been to every church in my city), I decided to just follow what my heart told me. This has worked well for me, because the past two years, I've never felt more spiritually fulfilled. I follow a wildly ecclectic path. I try hard not to put too many labels and definitions on it... no fun placing myself into a cohesive little box!

Anyway, I'm glad to be here. It's so hard to find weight loss support for 'people like me', because normally, I feel like a fish out of water. Can't wait to get to know you all!

mauvaisroux
01-30-2006, 11:08 AM
Welcome Hannah and Incendiary :wave:

Hannah - maybe you can buy a house in a village in England and have a garden at the very least - the feel of a farmhouse but a bit less expensive than purchasing a farm in England.

Falon
01-30-2006, 08:06 PM
:cp: I can't tell you how excited I an that there this section is a part of the forum! I just joined today, and am thrilled I have found my way here.

A little boring bit about myself: I'm 31, a mom, wife, and webmaster. I am a pre-initiate in the Georgian trad of Wicca. I live in Colorado, obviously, and am just needing some community support as I take on this challenge.

I co-own elsieandpooka.com as well as co-produce a newsletter for Pagan kids 8 times a year. My children (9 and 12) school at home, so i'm pretty busy. I have just gained so much weight sitting here at the computer, and grabing stuff to eat when i'm not even hungry. The holidays were really out of hand! I got lots of wonderful cookbooks and just had to fix everything I thought I would enjoy! *sigh* Long story, less long, I am ready to make my goal, and am happy to know I can find that support I need.. here! :^: I have returned to a low-carb lifestyle as I know my body reacts well to it, and so has my husband.

I look forward to getting to know you all, and contributing what I can to this community! Now i'm off to search the archives for any good, low-carb recipes for Imbolc!:hug: [/URL]

mauvaisroux
01-31-2006, 11:57 AM
Welcome Falon! :welcome:

oh_surfr
02-13-2006, 02:44 AM
Brightest Blessings:

I'm Lisa. I'm 24 and currently live in Ohio. I am the mommy to one very hyper 8 month old beagle puppy named Luca. I am currently hunting for a new job, but in my previous employment was a Customer Service Specialist.

I've been out of the broom closet since I was about 17. I consider myself a pagan, as "Wiccan" doesn't really cover my beliefs. I dabble in tarot, meditation, and crystal magic. I'm also a bit of a kitchen witch. :) I love to cook, and love to eat thus the reason I'm here.

I love to read. Love to spend time outdoors hiking and camping. I love art and music. Music is my life, without it I'd just be a shell of myself. I love everything from Prince to Enya to Kenny Chesney to Ella Fitzgerald. I also promote a few local bands in town and am in talks to start my own independant label. Huge venture. Very scary.

I don't really have a "diet plan" as it were. I've done South Beach, done Weight Watchers, none of it seemed to stick. This time around I've decided to just watch my portions, cut out the stuff I know I shouldn't be eating, and get out there and start moving.

I'm so happy to have found a group of fun pagan chicks here in this forum. Can't wait to get to know you all!

Blessed Be!

Lisa

February Goal:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-pinknots/cartoonfish01/lb/205/196/205/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

Ultimate Goal:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-blue/cartoonfish01/lb/205/145/205/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

Mummy_Tummy
02-14-2006, 05:38 AM
Merry meet, ladies! I am so excited to find a Pagan support forum here! What a truly diverse and accepting community this is! I've been lurking about a bit, posting here and there but I thikn I've just found my new home here at 3fatchicks!

Let's see, my name is Tatia (tasha) and I'm currently a 35 yr old SAHM to my DD, Seraphina, who will be 2 in May. She was supposed to be a Taurus but hung on so long she was born one degree into Gemini! She has a truly indomitable will, the little witchlet! I also have an 18 year old son, a 14 year old daughter who has just started to begin serious study of our ways and an 11 year old son.

I am married to the best of men. He's oh-so-English but beginning to pick up my Americanisms, hehe. I moved to England to live with him just over 2 years ago. Major culture shock! Hanna, I totally hear you about buying a farm or anyplace with land here! Gawd, house prices are ridiculous! We live in a hundred and something year old Victorian with a lovely large back garden (well, compared to British standards, it is pretty large). We often talk about moving back to The States to be near my family (I'm from Cincinnati, Ohio) but I tease him and say we have to wait until Seri has established her English accent first!:D

Together, he and I run a Pagan website called Weavings. I'm not sure if it's considered spam to post the URL so I'll wait and see if the mod here says it's okay. We also have set up a website for my daughter at for my family back home to keep updated with her growth and progress. That one is very non-denominational, in deference to my family's Christian, right-wing, Conservative, Republican viewpoints.:o Which yet another reason I love to live in England because Paganism is much more acceptable here.

Let's see, I love bellydance (I see I have that in common with mauvaisroux), gardening, cooking, reading and writing. I have a gazillion unfinished manuscripts as well as a few childrens book projects lying around. *sigh* Maybe I'll finish something one of these days!:D

I'm so glad to be here! Hope everyone has a glorious full moon celebration!

Falon
02-14-2006, 11:50 AM
Welcome! I really enjoyed your daughters website. She is absolutely precious. You are keeping fantastic log of her progress...

Oh how I would love to live in England (or Ireland since that's where my family is from. My father and grandparents are from Kildare) but my husband has refered to me as a British whore.. LOL Can I say that here? He says it in reference to my extreme love of British comedies, movies and other shows. We normally don't watch TV but I insisted we get cable so I could catch the Vicar of Dibley, and a few others I adore. He just shakes his head. ;)

I also have an interest in belly dancing. As I take off weight I think there is a point where I would want to begin classes. Well, I could babble on and on... Welcome again.:hug:

PhatPhoenix
02-16-2006, 08:33 AM
Just thought I'd introduce myself here. I've been in UK Chicks for some time and didn't really explore the rest of the site, (I'm a creature of habit, what can I say!) so have totally missed out on this bit til now!

I live in the UK (North Yorkshire). I'm an Ovate with the Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids, but before that was a bog standard hedge witch - still am, really! As an Ovate I've been studying divination and healing. I've been using runes for 26 years - Tarot for about 7 or 8 years, and was attuned to Reiki a couple of years back by a fellow druid. I practice as a solitary as I have 5 kids - also 2 dogs and a 3 legged cat! However, many of my friends are wiccans or witches and the wiccans keep inviting me to their circles but as yet I've never got over to West Yorks to join in! (I will though!)

My great grandmother read the cards (playing cards), and claimed to be of Romani descent. I'd been reading the cards several years before my dad just came out with that, one day - I'd had no idea! We discovered my great great grandmother was working as an herbalist in the 1870s in Leeds. My mother came from a long line of Yorkshire farmers, so brought me up to know about birds and plants and animals - so I've had a very lucky background, from that point of view. When doing genealogy, DH discovered a whole branch of my dad's family come from Appleby in Westmoreland, which is indeed, the place of the famous gypsy horse fair - so it looks possible that my great grandmother was right about being part Romani!

I write in several UK pagan magazines about making lotions and potions and also natural dyeing. I've been spinning, weaving and dyeing now for over 20 years. I also write in US and UK craft magazines about natural dyeing, and organic gardening mags have run a couple of my articles. My kids are aged 3- 16 and I gave up work (teaching) to stay home with the younger ones. I'm hoping I can continue staying at home, and writing.

StargazerJMK
02-20-2006, 03:07 PM
Wow, this is great! An entire area for Paganism. I've been hanging around on the LA Weight Loss boards, and was very pleased to finally scan down a bit and find this area. :D

I've been on my path of several years now. I also just started LAWL in January but I'm finding it difficult to stay on plan during Sabbat. Hopefully I can learn some tips from you all here. :)

Bright Blessings to All.

chubs107
02-20-2006, 03:15 PM
Hello All!! I have been on my journey with my partner for 6 weeks now. We see a Weight Loss specialist (MD) once a week. On my way to my goal!!!

Mummy_Tummy
02-22-2006, 04:24 AM
Hi everyone! Wishing you all good luck and willpower!

Morgaine
02-22-2006, 12:33 PM
Hello - I guess I should introduce myself...

Age 42. Taurus. Beltane birthday :)

Celtic women path - solitary, although DH is also pagan.

Musician and artist - used to be lead singer of a Celtic band in the Northeastern US. Anyone who attends gatherings in the Ohio/Indiana/New York area may have seen me before. Play the harp and bodhran and a few other insturments.

Teach classes in my art, but have a real job during the day time, too.

Mother to two grown boys (men?).

Also mother to 3 cats.

Favorite authors: M Zimmer Bradley and Jean Auel. Also Nora Roberts.

Favorite music - Enya, anythng Irish trad, also Dixie Chicks because they sound Irish - go figure!

mauvaisroux
02-22-2006, 12:45 PM
:welcome: to all of the new chicks!

StargazerJMK
02-22-2006, 06:31 PM
:welcome: to all of the new chicks!

Thanks for the Welcome! I'm already feeling right at home here. :)

Diva_at_40
02-25-2006, 08:24 PM
Bright blessings to you!

My name is Aileen and I live in beautiful Concord, North Carolina. I am a spiritual eclectic, happily married, and mom to 3 awesome kids. John will be 20 in March and he is a proud US Marine. Adam is 18 and will be graduating this year and then is headed to Western Carolina University. Olivia is 12 and in 6th grade, and growing up WAY too fast. I also have 3 furbabies: Tux, Tigger, and Joey (all cats).

I believe my heaviest weight to be 250. I am at 223 as of this morning, and am doing a sort of modified South Beach to help me get rid of the weight. I recently joined a gym, as well, so that is also helping.

I realized back in December that I have been ignoring my spiritual side and have been longing to delve back into that area, as well as explore myself as a woman as I have recently turned 40 (October). When I turned 40, I started feeling changes going on deep inside of me. For example, I don't take as much as I used to. And to welcome in my 40th birthday, I did something absolutely out of character and out of my comfort zone. I had some very ummm inappropriate pictures taken by a professional photographer (the kind where I would just die if my kids ever saw them!). I made a small scrapbook out of some of them and gave them to my husband. He was floored, to say the least (the first words out of his mouth were WHO THE HE** TOOK THESE PICTURES?), but to be honest, I didn't take them for him. I took them for ME. I believe I was around 240 pounds then, and had no problem with it because I'm realizing that, even heavy, I am a beautiful Goddess of a woman and I really need to get to know that side of me a lot more.

I just rambled on and on...sorry! I'm really looking forward to getting to know all of you, and am very happy to have found this group!

Blessings!
Aileen

mauvaisroux
02-25-2006, 11:34 PM
Welcome Aileen! :wave:

Jenniep
03-03-2006, 05:24 AM
Hi all, Iím so happy to have found this site for pagan chicks, I think Iím going to be here for a while! Right hereís a bit about me.

I'm Jennie, from the Uk am 42 years old and weigh in at a hefty 16.5 today, 4 days ago it was 16.8 ĺ, so I'm on a roll!!!! The ľ increments are just so important donít you think!

Iíve been pagan for most of my life but wasnít really aware of it, it was just me being me. It was only about 3 years ago I started to be Ďactivelyí pagan, by joining a local pagan moot and meeting others. Iím mainly a solitary hedgewitch but just lately have taken part in rituals with a friend. We did a lovely one for Imbolc sitting in the garden wrapped up in coats and scarves planting bulbs by candlelight. Iíve also been attuned to Reiki Level 1 and would love to progress to Level 2 now. Iím mainly drawn to celtic goddesses, especially Medb, the celtic goddess of intoxication. I also love dowsing and can often be found wandering around with rods in hand.

I been married for 20 years and have an 18 year old daughter and 4 furbabies, one of which has FIV the feline equivalent of HIV, so his time with us is limited

About 12 years ago I managed to lose 5 stone and got down to 9.5, but as you can see in the intervening years not only have I put it all back on but also managed to gain an extra 2 stone too. The extra 2 stone was mainly due to my dad being ill with malignant melanoma, I didnít eat properly and comfort ate during the evenings. He died on Christmas Eve 2005, so I figure Iíve got no excuse no to eat properly now.

Well thatís enough for now, Iím going to read more posts.

Jennie

mauvaisroux
03-04-2006, 12:52 AM
Welcome Jennie! :D

Jynical
03-12-2006, 06:45 PM
Merry Meet. ;)

Jenn here...I've posted a few intros today...so when I get the chance I'll post one in here too.

Suffice it to say...I'm Pagan, Overweight and wanting a change, and new to 3FC. :D

Peace and blessings,
Jenn

mauvaisroux
03-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Welcome Jenn (again - saw your bio in alternachicks :) )

kdudge
03-14-2006, 06:33 PM
Hi! Just found this site & thought I'd take a look. It's nice to see a place with other pagans. I don't follow any particular path, just believe there's "something" there.

Well, I hope to post more later.

mauvaisroux
03-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Welcome Kerry! :wave:

scout wife
03-16-2006, 06:16 PM
Hey All,
I've been posting all over for a few days now, but never really did an intro anywhere. (or did I? It's been a busy week..)
Like Kerry, I don't follow a particular path, but believe there's "something" there. (That was the perfect way to put it, Kerry!) I feel most comfortable with the term Wiccan when it comes to discussing my beliefs.
My soldier Hubby and I were married almost 5 years ago in a modified Pagan Handfasting ceramony. He was raised by a catholic/native American father, and an agnostic mother. She was thrilled to learn that her new daughter (in-law) was a "Witch". My father-in-law and I have issues when we're in the same house too long because of the increase in "things-going-bump" and our awareness of them.
As for why I'm at 3FC...I've been as big as 205 lbs at age 19, and as small as 125 lbs last year. I'm finally happy, stable, not-stressed, and able to be at home full-time for my 9-yr-old daughter, and Army Hubby. It soundes great, except for the weight gain this last few months. I'm up to around 140 lbs, and my clothes are just too tight. It doesn't sound like a lot of weight (I'm 5'4") but I'm such a pear shape that clothes are impossible. I just want to feel good about my appearance when clothed. (I love me naked! tee-hee!)
I've joined a new gym, and am making an effort to eliminate the junk from my diet. I'm hoping to get down to around 130 lbs the healthy way, and make it a true lifestyle change.
Time to get off the weight rollercoaster!
Looking forward to gettting to know y'all more!
Blessed Be,
Erin

MsChris
05-25-2006, 03:25 AM
I am a newbie to 3 fat chicks. I found it a few days ago and lurked a little while before joining. I am an eclectic witch, mother of 2, southerner and using Atkins to hopefully lose 60 pounds. I don't have a buddy yet, but I am putting a post to hopefully find a few (<-- needs all the help she can get).

Tani
05-25-2006, 11:09 AM
Welcome Erin and MsChris! :wave:

mauvaisroux
05-25-2006, 10:19 PM
Welcome Erin and MsChris! :wave:

Wulfcwen
05-28-2006, 05:51 AM
MM
My name is Wulfcwen I am a Solitary Seax Wican Hearth Witch and I live in England with my husband who is not a pagan. My name means Wolf woman. In the myths wolves taught mankind the value of co-operation, family bonds, community and loyalty.
I love cooking, gardening, using runes and learning all I can about herbs.
I use candle magick and runic spells as well.

You can learn more about my path if you want to by my site
http://myseaxwicapath.moonfruit.com/

My hobbies include gardening, cooking, knitting, making things for the home, cross stitch, reading, going for walks.

mauvaisroux
05-28-2006, 10:47 PM

dizzyblonde31
06-08-2006, 09:37 PM
Greetings everyone!

What a great place!
Just joined today.
My name is Michelle , I'm 30, will be 31 tomorrow. I normally don't put a term to my beliefs but I suppose you could call me Pagan. I was raised Catholic and began to feel disconnected from it when I was in College and have been on this path since. I try to celebrate the Divine in all of us and all around us ..in simple ways from my heart.
I live here in Indiana and I have been married to my hubby Scott for 5 years, will be 6 in October. Wanting to take control of my health and have started yet again the journey of weight lose. This time I mean to not diet but change my lifestyle once and for all. We want to start a family and that's not in the cards if I don't get my weight down. Right now we have six cats, Lily, Sylvie, Bella, Simon , Daniel and Reilly..and they are a handful lol

mauvaisroux
06-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Welcome Dizzy Blond! :D

I'm a big cat lover too but I only have one cat at the moment and she's a handful! :lol:

blondilox
06-23-2006, 09:17 PM
Greetings,
Im 28 and joined this group awhile ago but this is my first time posting..
I have always been interested in wicca and spiritualism, I grew up just a few miles from Lily Dale NY, (i dont even live in NY anymore) my grandmother and mother both were very open minded and took classes over there so i grew up in a very open household of very strong women..But anyways im rambling now, so i will wrap this up.
I just wanted to poke my head in and say hi to everyone..any one feel free to im me

mauvaisroux
06-24-2006, 12:45 AM
Welcome Blondilox! :wave:

buckettgirl
06-27-2006, 10:53 PM
Heh! I can't believe I just now found this forum after being on 3fc for 6 months!!!

I am Pagan. Nothing more, nothing less. I believe in a supreme Goddess and God. I don't necessarily celebrate sabbats and such, but I do recognize them and make an attempt incorporate their meaning into my life at the time. I find it interesting that although I declared myself Pagan only 7 years ago, I never had to change any beliefs - even beliefs from childhood - I think I was naturally inclined toward Paganism. I am a fan of Raymond Buckland, Scott Cunningham and Bryan Froud. I am interested in tarot, runes, palm reading, crystal/gem/candle magick, clairvoyance, meditation, plants and gardens, herbs, Feng Shui and Chi, Faeries, and alternative/complementary therapies.

I am married, for 3 years, to my hubby Chris who is also Pagan (lucky me). He is geared more toward Shamanism, but doesn't have much time to study it. We are legally handfasted as well. We have 2 cats - well, one is definitely a cat, and the other - although looking like a cat - sometimes seems to be something else, I am not sure if she is supposed to be my familiar, but she certainly is my baby. We also have 4 cockatiels, so our household can be chaotic.

Otherwise: I am 24 years old, 6ft tall, and started at 352lbs (HW). I am doing Optifast, and I post most often in the 100lb Club (Ironically, now that I think of it, the Pagan part of me is really suppressed over there).

I am glad to have found a Pagan forum, and it is nice to meet everyone! :cool:

meghan714
06-30-2006, 12:59 AM
Hi,

My name is Meghan. How is everyone doing? Like buckettgirl said before me, it is really nice to find a pagan forum.

I'm 21 years old and 190lbs. I am hoping to get down to the recommened weight for my 5'3 frame (about 130ish). It's going to take awhile, but a year or more of dieting is better than a life time overweight. Talk to you all later.

mauvaisroux
06-30-2006, 10:26 AM
welcome buckettgirl and meghan! Nice to see so many new people here! :D

brunissen
07-02-2006, 01:37 PM
Hello All - My name is Pam and I'm a returning chick who is thrilled to find a Pagan forum!

I'm 45, and the single mother of a 3 1/2 year old beautiful Boxer boy named Angus. I was raised catholic, but really fell out of that back when I was about 14 or 15. I've always been interested in what I used to call the occult, but now just consider it pagan with some wiccan leanings.

I like just about every kind of music there is - it just depends on what the voices in my head are in the mood for ;)

Hobbies include cooking (I'm a total Julia Child wannabe), gardening, cross-stitch, vegging on the sofa, travel when $$$ affords it, and hanging out with friends.

As for books - I like a lot of different kinds, and my current favorite author is Christopher Moore.

mauvaisroux
07-03-2006, 07:11 AM
Welcome Brunissen! :wave:

buonoj13
07-10-2006, 09:54 PM
Hi, my name is Margy, just found this site, and am thrilled to find other open minded people.

I probably fall more into my category of belief. I don't subscribe to organized religion at all, I think that it was created to control the masses, however, I have a strong belief in reincarnation, and from there I can't say because my beliefs stem from my personal experiences. I do think in terms of the female as supreme.

I am have been married for 15 years this Aug., and am 33 years old. I currently stay home with my two kids. I am on here because I need help losing 50 pounds. I hope to have the help of goddesses to do it.

mauvaisroux
07-10-2006, 09:58 PM
Welcome Margy! :wave:

Lyrae
07-12-2006, 08:54 PM
Hi everyone. :)

I'm a 24 year old Pantheist. Currently living in Oregon, but moving to the UK on Samhain. I'm engaged to a great (English) guy, and my life is kid of in limbo right now as I wait for October to get here and pack up all of my stuff.

I've been heavy most of my life, and have decided I've finally had enough excuses and I'm going to actually do something about it. I'm so glad to have found this forum!

theotherjen
07-14-2006, 10:24 AM
Hi everyone, I am Jennifer and I have been lurking for a while, but used to post alot on the 300+ board. I am 26 and in Memphis, Tn. I am married but living separately at the moment but still much in love with my token Southern Baptist husband. No kids, but lots of nieces and nephews and god-daughters to spoil rotten. I am hard to classify. I guess I am an urban Southern Celtic Reconstructionist...if that makes any sense at all. I hope that posting again will help to keep me motivated and I hope to get to know everyone.

AGill
07-15-2006, 02:23 AM
HI to everyone.
I am so glad to have found you all. But I just like minds and hearts always do find one another. I am a soon to be 35 year old SAHM. With a wonderful live in boyfriend. 2 of my 3 children live with us. Openly Pagan even though I do not pratice from a ritual stand point. I also was raised Cathlioc, I questioned it at the young age of 10 and almost got myself kicked out of the Cathlioc school I attened at the time LOL
May the Lord and Lady Bless us all as we fight the fat!
I need help getting up off my big A** to exercise! I would rather to something , like pull carpet!
Blessed Be!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but7/lb/207/120/207/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

buonoj13
07-15-2006, 11:39 AM
Hi everyone!!!! I am new too, and have been welcomed by everyone. This is a great group of people.

mauvaisroux
07-16-2006, 06:48 PM
Welcome Lyrae, Jennifer and AGill! :wave:

Sakai
08-01-2006, 04:59 PM
There's a Pagan Forum here!? lol I've been here all thses months and never knew.

Okay well lets see. I'm 21, not married nor do I have any kids. I'm a eclectic wiccan, for the moment...I still havent found my nitch but i'm happy where I am. ^_^

mauvaisroux
08-02-2006, 05:09 PM
:lol:

Welcome Sakai! :wave:

drake3272004
08-03-2006, 06:03 PM
I am so glad that I found this forum!
I am 28 years old, married, and I have a daughter (7-from a previous marriage), and 2 stepsons (12 and 10). We have 4 ferrets and I work at a daycare......so we are always busy!
I was raised Catholic (shoved on me) and hated it. I started questioning the CCD teachers about everything in 6th grade/7th grade and I could never get any answers. They either avoided my questions or thought I was confused and would go on a rant that didn't make any sense to me. By the time I hit high school I knew that I didn't belong in church, but I didn't know what I believed so I told everyone I was atheist and then I was agnostic. I didn't live at home anymore, so I didn't have to go to church anymore! By the time I graduated I was starting to get into wicca, but I still wasn't sure if that was my path. And now 10 years later, I am still searching, exploring and keeping an open-mind.
I love all kinds of music, I read all types of books, and I LOVE arts and crafts---wish I had more time or could manage my time better to do everything I want to do. Same problem I have with losing weight---but I need to make the time because my health is in jeapordy-- between ganglion cysts, tendonitis in both hands, acid reflux, sleep apnea and now endometrial hyperplasia. I need to get healthy and stay healthy before it gets worse!
WOW, that was a lot! Guess I needed to get that out!
THANK YOU ALL

mauvaisroux
08-03-2006, 08:12 PM
Welcome Jackie! :wave:

Sorry to hear about your health problems :hug: You are taking the right steps by acknowledging that you need to take care of yourself.

Good luck with your weight loss journey! :lucky:

Sevryn
08-11-2006, 10:12 AM
Hello, all! I'm new here. Obviously. :) I'm Sabrina. I'm married (somewhat newly), no kids, one cat.

I've been a Pagan for... um... gosh ten whole years now? Where does the time go. I don't have any specific tradition or path right now. Sort of been in "search mode" for the last few years. I was involved in ADF for a couple of years before that.

As for the weight loss... I've tried WW in the past and a few other things. Now I'm trying something different called Thintuition which is intuitive eating if you've ever heard of that. I'm hoping it works! I've always considered myself heavy even though when I look at pictures of myself as a kid I don't think I was as heavy as I thought I was back then. I've gotten to the point where I'm too heavy. I can't be on my feet long without my back hurting. And recently a friend of mine died of a heart attack at age 33. He was heavy too and his doc told him to lose weight but I guess he didn't think it was that big of a deal. His death has been a shock to my system. It's sad that it's taken that, but it's opened my eyes. Sorry to be such a downer on a Friday!

mauvaisroux
08-21-2006, 12:11 PM
Hi Sabrina! :wave:

Sorry to hear about your friend - it is a real shock and an eye opener when someone that young passes.

You are taking the right steps to take care of yourself :hug:

Welcome to the forums and we'll see you on the boards! :)

Lyss
08-29-2006, 01:21 AM
I'm new to 3FC and I'm really glad I found the pagan corner of this forum!

My name is Ruby, but most people call me Lyss because of a book I'm writing.

I am 23 years old, and a single, solitary, eclectic pagan living in baltimore City. I do my own thing, and that makes me happy. I'm a very spiritual person, and I dont always have time for the ritual work, which makes me sad. I work as a video store clerk, and I'm Mommy to 2 dogs, and 4 cats. Oh, and once a year I staff a convention in downtown Baltimore known as Otakon.

Interests: Cooking (though not so well), animal causes, reading, singing, writing, I love horror movies (especially bad ones), and japanese animation. My taste in music ranges from Alternative to pop to rock to metal to all kinds of japanese music, everything... Just not into rap though...

And a blog!

http://lyss.livejournal.com/

Nice to meet everyone!

forest faerie
09-13-2006, 08:50 AM
hello i am in the learning phase of wicca,reading books and will prob.attend classes.i don't know anyome else interested so will probably be a solitary.
i attended traditional church as a child but don't feel connected to it now.
i would like to worship nature more and can't stand being in church on nice sunny days!
i am single ,working as a nurse in nova scotia.my sign is leo and i dabble in tarot cards just for myself and close friends.
i have been losing the same 10-20 pounds for years and would like to keep it off for good.
i have done weightwatchers,jenny craig,nutrisystem ,slimfast and cabbage soup.i would like to make a commitment to a new healthier lifestyle and give up habits like eating when stressed and bored,eating late at nite.i have always exercised so this has kept my weight from escalating too much.
i am going to stonehedge,penzance,king arthur's birthplace this week on a tour and hope fully start atkins'
hopefully i may post on this site with you kindred spirits

mauvaisroux
09-13-2006, 10:34 AM
Welcome Lyss and Forest Faerie! :wave:

Nikaia
09-18-2006, 02:45 AM
You know, I thought I'd made the introductions on this forum as well, but I guess I missed it somehow!

Well, I'm Nikaia. I'm 21 and a college student. I split with the United Methodist Church in which I was raised at age 14, when an older friend gave me a copy of Scott Cunningham's "Wicca for the Solitary Practitioner". She was into it for the usual teen reasons - "Ooh, look at me, I'm a witch. I'll hex you!" - but it struck me strangely. I'd been questioning the youth group teachers to distraction during that time period, and they could never satisfy with their answers. But reading about Wicca, something in me said "Yes! Exactly!" It was like coming home.

In recent years, I've become more open about being a Witch, and more focused on my spirituality; or perhaps, just more aware of it. I've felt called to service of the Lady, and am pondering training as a priestess of the Sisterhood of the Silver Branch.

I look forward to getting to know you all. Blessed be.

docdragon
09-18-2006, 09:50 AM
I am a 36yo engaged female in the St. Louis area. I am a licensed chiropractor and a shaman. I am also a radiology resident. I have two cats. My fiancť lives in NY state and we only got to see each other one time in the past year. :cry:

Be well,
Doc

mauvaisroux
10-21-2006, 05:31 PM
Welcome Nikaia and docdragon! :wave:

Jewell
11-01-2006, 03:48 PM
Well with the new year starting I have decided to regain my life and stop hidding behind the weight. I am a 33 year old pagan stay at home mother of 2 boys 12 and almost 16...(ughh how fast they grow up) I am hoping meeting others trying to loose weight will help me on this journey, a journey that I have needed to take along time ago.
Jewell
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/purpvinebar/slider-but3/lb/0/78/0/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

mauvaisroux
11-01-2006, 03:56 PM
Welcome Jewell! :)

Daurora
01-02-2007, 09:37 PM
Hi and Merry Meet!

Newbie here. This is so cool that you have a pagan weight loss support group! I have been on WW for about 12 weeks now, but with Yule and the New Year, I think I gained back the 9 or so pounds I lost!

Help! :yikes:

Bright Blessings!
D'Aurora

mauvaisroux
01-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Welcome D'Aurora - nice username by the way! :)

Cairistiona
01-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Hiya!!

My name is Gretchen, but I go by Cairistiona/Cairis for the most part..
I'm 27, and live in Springfield MO. Married to a great guy, have 6 cats.. (yes.. I said 6!! :dizzy: ) Mischief, Loki, Morrie, Neko, Kitsune, and Pookie, and pretty much love life!

I was raised Methodist.. but never really felt right. Finally decided to do some looking around for something that fit ME!! Met a wonderful group of Wiccan/Pagan folks about 5 1/2 years ago and haven't looked back. Now I am pretty much an eclectic pagan, mostly working with Celtic/Native American/Eastern Philosophies.

Oh Oh Oh!! Did I mention I sing in a punk-rockish band? I DO!!!! :D :carrot: :D course we just started, so we don't even have a website yet...lol

ok.. health stuff...

I've had weight issues all my life. By 5th grade (10 yo), I was 5'10" and 190 lbs. I've only gained another inch or so in height in 17 years, but in that time, I've also gained another 100lbs.
I've had 2 open-heart surgeries to repair a birth defect, but apparently neither has been successful apparently, as I am still having problems with it.. I have never really LOOKED like I had a major weight problem, mostly because of my height, and the way I carry my weight.. and the fact that I have had almost 20 years of practice in hiding it...

What I think caused it is that my father's family is all severely overweight. They all did hard labor as teen-agers and young adults (mostly grew up 1930's) and had big meals with big portions, mostly fried and lots of bread.. My dad carried this on to us kids.. I never knew what a real portion of food was until I was in high school.. it was something like 1/4 of what dad put on our plates every meal. I learned to cook by watching him, and so it kept going on (even with smaller portions) until a couple of years ago.

I've tried everything to drop the weight it seems.. even prescription medications that after the fact, I found out I should never have been on... (stupid doctor didn't think to ask me about heart problems, and as far as i knew at the time, mine were long done with- this was pre 1st surgery)

Nothing has really worked for the long term.. doing South Beach now, have been since Nov 1 2006, lost 22 lbs so far, even with having the holiday season in there!! :carrot:

I was just soo glad to see a group like this here.. all of the support groups i have found here in good ol' Springfield have been Christian-Based, and not something I felt comfortable going into

Anyhow.. sorry for writing a novel..lol Glad to meet everyone!!

Peace and Blessings
Cairistiona

mauvaisroux
01-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Welcome Cairistiona! :wave:

Cairistiona
01-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Thank You! :)

paganrn
01-13-2007, 08:44 AM
Merry Meet

Can't believe I stumbled across y'all.

Diane here mom of 4 (3 living) plus 2 dogs, a cat and a dh all at home
42, peri-menocronaul is that a word??

As the user name says pagan rn. Labor and delivery. Get to see the Goddess first hand, and they pay me for it!

Pagan for 20 years, solitary eclectic, live in the Catholic Capital of the world, more than Vatican City. Out of the broom closet, but not psycho about it.

Lost 60 lbs with Atkins 4 years ago, then 2 1/2 years ago my son died...mashed potatoes, ice cream and lexapro packed the weight back on.

So I reinducted beginning 1-2-7 15 lbs so far following old school Atkins

looking forward to getting to know you all

bb

mauvaisroux
01-16-2007, 11:34 PM
Welcome our little group paganrn! :)

Looking forward to getting to know you too!

allison dawn
02-01-2007, 04:33 PM
Hello, I am new to 3FC as of last week and I am glad I found you so quickly.

I have hesitated about posting here as I wasn't sure what to say but I have read all the other posts and see an open,friendly group so I will take the plunge...

I am a solitary practitioner of Wicca although most people do not know that, even my husband of almost 18 years was unaware of my religion until the last couple of years. Now, as I push almost 40 years old, I have come out of the broom closet and have my books, cards, etc. around the house.

I see that several of you here would like a "diet buddy" - I am volunteering, lol
I, too, have gained a tremendous amount of weight since (finally) being declared menopausal. I fought for almost 7 years to get the medical community to put a name to my affliction and by the time they did I didn't care if the term was "menopausal" or "crazy." Lol...The first thing they did was put me on hormones and my weight shot up from 140 to almost 200 in the first year - now I have managed to add even more weight to my 5'6" frame and my new Doctor tells me I need to eat whole/organic foods as much as possible, exercise (she recommends 10k steps a day) and has me on a naturopathic regime.

I love to read and will read almost anything including the backs of cereal boxes, lol. I have 2 fuzzy babies that were adopted from abusive homes. No human kids. I also love to scrapbook. Anything involving nature and travel are of great interest as well. Currently we are working on purchasing a piece of property to build a log home on. I also love to cook, grocery shop and plan menus (I know, a "freak", lol).

I guess I have taken enough time out of your day, Thank you for being here.

sillymonkey
02-02-2007, 11:34 PM
Wow - like the others, I'm so happy to have found this group! I've dug around on this forum several times, but none of the threads ever felt right. This one speaks to me I think :).

My name is Rhonda, I'm 32 and live in Canada. I'm not a full fledged pagan, but I'm not a christian either. I'm still working out what I believe, and I find it an ongoing process. I do believe in nature and in the power that surrounds us and comes from us. And I believe there is an 'other force', but I haven't pinned down what I truly think that is yet.

I've had weight problems all my life. Or at least I thought I did - I look back at the pictures now and would kill to have the body I had in highschool, even if a 14 is a little chubby. I've lived on my own (no parents/roommates/partners/etc.) for over 10 years now, and I think that's been my major downturn with food...with no one watching, I just graze constantly.

About 3 years ago I lost 40 pounds simply "eating right and exercising", but I've gotten way out of the habit and put another 15 back on. However, I've just joined the weight watchers at work program in my office, so I'm hoping that will help get me back on track, or at least get me motivated to change the way I think and the way I spend my free time (which is becoming more and more inactive all the time).

Last year was my year of change - new bf who I love very much and who loves me large, and assures me he'll love me smaller since he'd like to have me around for a good long time. Last year was also the year to drop the job I hated and get into something I like a lot better, which comes with a much more supportive and friendly environment.

This year is my year of moving foward. Losing weight, learning French and getting out of debt (something left over from my student days).

So (just to round out this incredibly long post)...my 2 current weight loss goals are - getting to 200 pounds, and then getting to 170. At 200 pounds, I'll allow myself to buy a car (something I've been meaning to do for a while, so why not tie it to my weight loss). At 170, I'm going to take up horseback riding - something I've wanted to do since I was 5, but have never have the guts to go for more than just a trail ride or two. And I'll set new goals from there.

So glad to meet you all - I look forward to getting to know everyone!

BlessedBe
02-02-2007, 11:34 PM
I'm not new to 3FC, but I am new to paganism. About a month or two. Give or take. I was going to go for Celtic, but I met this guy in a pagan store that said he could sense a huge tie to Egypt in me. So I'm going to study Egyptian as well as spellcrafting. Still working on that.

Ah, I forgot to introduce myself. April, single, no kids, going to be 26 a week from tomorrow. Now that I got that, if anyone knows any simple and easy spells that might help me, I'm all ears. My PM box is open. I'm still new to spellcrafting, so I want to start easy. Like jsut tonight I empowered a spellbox. I am hoping it will help me get a job. I need one so bad... Anyway, anything that you know I'm willing to listen too. Hopefully something that will help my sugar cravings. They are horrible.

mauvaisroux
02-03-2007, 03:08 PM
Welcome allison dawn, sillymonkey and and BlessedBe! :wave:

Gald you decided to join our little group! :)

allison dawn
02-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Good for you, Silly Monkey, on joining WW. I did that years ago and it worked. I am currently on my 2nd round of Somersizing so if anyone wants to chat, commiserate or complain about it I'm all ears, lol. Also if anyone wants to be a "buddy" I'm open to that as well.

I am glad you are here too, April (BlessedBe).

mauvaisroux
02-16-2007, 11:22 PM
I'm doing WW too!

How weird is that sillymonkey? We are both in the same area, both work for the government and both do WW. Hmmmmm..... which one of us is the evil twin? :lol:

sillymonkey
02-17-2007, 10:02 AM
Mwa ha ha ha ha!

Now, if you're in my WW group, that'll freak me out :)

mauvaisroux
02-18-2007, 11:44 AM
That's what I was thinking! :rofl:

coopergrrl
02-21-2007, 10:39 PM
Hi I am so glad to find this group! I just posted a huge intro over on the LAWL board, so I will try to be brief.
I am not quite sure what path I am on but it leads more and more to a pagan/earth-based way. I usually describe myself as a Neo-pagan/liberal Christian with Buddhist tendencies. I am also a Reiki master and a registered nurse; I work with postpartum mom's and their newborns in the hospital.
I am totally on a journey, both of weight loss (3 pounds down in one day!) and also one of finding my own spirituality. I look forward to meeting people and learning on this site! :)

mauvaisroux
02-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Welcome coopergrrl! :D

BeccaC654
04-10-2007, 05:54 AM
Where to begin.....

I'm still learning wicca. I certainly have found paganism to be closer to my own beliefs.

I need to lose weight, tomorrow is the begining of the process. I hit an all time high of 280 lbs. It's time to take back control of my body.

Although I am dieting and excercising, does anyone have any particularly useful spells for weightloss?

mauvaisroux
04-13-2007, 12:08 AM
Welcome Becca! :wave:

angelmouse432
05-03-2007, 08:22 PM
Merry Meet to you all. I will be brief as i don't want to ramble on!

My name is Mandy and i live in Devon, SW england. I am 29 years old and have a little boy who is 21 months old called Charlie. I live with my boyfriend Terry who is 24.
I live in an area that has evolved my faith and spirituality. From a very very young age i was obsessed with nature and all surrounding it. I love to be outside and always have done. Over the years this has developed into my love for, what i call, the nature way. Some call it paganism, some wicca, some even call it crazy!
I tread as lightly as i can on the earth and believe we owe the gods and goddesses of our planet a huge debt. We are surrounded with magick and most people in the world pay this no heed. There is so much beauty in a rain drop on a leaf if you stop and look.
I may sound nuts and i am by no means a green warrior, i just believe we take things for granted.
Music wise i am a bit of a rocker. RHCP, Foo Fighters, Aerosmith, Green Day, Dropkick Murphys etc... but i enjoy listening to pretty much anything except hard country and rap.
My boyfriend is a film nut so there are many many films i love.
It has taken me a year to lose 2 stone with Weight Watchers but i am in the right place now and i know i can do it!
Look forward to talking to you all soon. Blessed Be :df:

mauvaisroux
05-06-2007, 03:14 PM
Welcome Mandy! :wave: Congratulations on your 2 stone loss! :cp:

HocusPocus
05-18-2007, 05:12 PM
Hello! I am a newbie here and have been interested in Wicca/Celtic/Pagan things for about 5 yrs but haven't done anything about it. It's cool to be able to lose weight with other open minded people! I am surrounded by very traditional friends and this is so much fun for me. Thank you all!

I have been married for 25 years to the cute boy I met in college. We have 3 daughters and one is getting married in the next 2 years. I am not wearing an ugly fat mother-of-the bride dress! My DH is very nice but also rather traditional. We do not celebrate any religion but believe in kindness and goodness. And maybe a bit of evil ; }

I look forward to getting to know you.

I am down about 17#'s in one month, but it's my first month so that is expected. I am doing a loose version of WW points on my own.

angelmouse432
05-18-2007, 05:39 PM
Welcome Hocus Pocus! Cogratulations on being a mom of the bride!!

Hope to talk more soon.

paganwife
07-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Merry meet!

I'm happy to have found this forum, after joining this site just the other day. I'm Jo, 46, living in Wisconsin with hubby, two teenaged sons, three big dogs and one very strange cat. I'm a CNA and I work at a local nursing home (currently night shift, which I hate). I became a pagan in 1981, which is a lifetime ago to many of you, I'm sure. ;-)

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and introduce myself while I sit here and wait for my 13 yr old to call and tell me the Harry Potter movie is over, so I can go pick him up.

blessings,
jo

mauvaisroux
07-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Welcome to the site Paganwife! :wave:

AuntieMameNJ
07-15-2007, 02:47 AM
It's about time I introduced myself.

Hubby and I live in the Delaware Valley. We were practicing Gardnerians for many years until our coven broke up (after the Samhain death of our HP). We joined an eclectic coven and were there until it, too, disbanded.

Out on our own, now, we don't practice much and I have gravitated towards a Buddhist philosophy. But I'm still pagan at heart.

RB to all

Seed (of Deep Star)

bumbleebee
08-08-2007, 09:16 PM
Hello...I just wanted to stop in and say a quick 'hi'. I'm a black, pagan woman in Michigan. I joined this site in January 2006, but after a bunch of starts n stops, I'm ready to start trying to achieve my weight loss goals again. That's about it. =)

c.

mauvaisroux
08-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Hello Auntie Mame - nice to see you again! :)

Welcome to the group bumblebee! :wave:

WickedCrafty
08-17-2007, 02:15 AM
Ohhh thank you for having this board! *whew*
So glad I scoured the forum to locate it.
37 yr old domestic goddess, married 15 yrs, 2 kids ages 13 and 11, one dog furbaby and one cat furbaby. Been Pagan about all my life, solitary by choice, not Wiccan.

mauvaisroux
08-21-2007, 09:56 PM
Welcome Wickedcrafty! :)

paganwife
08-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Hi, just popped in to see how everyone is doing and the boards are so quiet!

Greetings to all the new people! How are you all doing on your journeys? My own progress is slow but steady.. I had wanted to get to 190 by September 1st and I don't know if I'll make it, but I'm still losing.

After so long **trying** to lose weight and now finally doing it, I have a hard time believing it's real and that I'll continue to lose. It just doesn't seem possible. Somebody pinch me! (No, not ALL of you! LOL)

WickedCrafty
08-26-2007, 05:48 PM
*PINCH*
This past week was my first week at this again. I lost 8#. Typical for my first week though. It won't be this way all the way through, too bad! But it is enough to keep me motivated and excited!

paganwife
08-27-2007, 01:21 AM
Wow, 8#! That's wonderful! What diet or plan are you using? I've been counting Weight Watchers points at home, and just got YOU: On a Diet from the library (Excellent, btw) and I'll be using the diet plan from there, I think. It seems like a very sensible plan.

Obviously, what you're doing is working! Care to tell us about it?

I have to remember that "Harm None" means be good to myself, too.

jo

AuntieMameNJ
08-27-2007, 08:05 AM
That is a great loss. Congrats.

Howdja do it?

WickedCrafty
08-27-2007, 10:23 AM
I have been keeping the carbs low and taking rx phentermine. This is what I did waaay back when and it is what has worked the best for me.

mauvaisroux
08-27-2007, 08:44 PM
Paganwife - I love your avatar - I collect dragons. :)

paganwife
08-28-2007, 04:03 PM
Thanks! :-) That's tattoo #4, and he lives on my right calf. He's good company.

mauvaisroux
08-28-2007, 09:50 PM
Cool! :)

jeepifer
09-02-2007, 06:17 AM
So glad I found you all!

I'm new to 3FC, and new to the Pagan path as well. Was feeling kinda "been there, done that" about the whole religion thing, but none of it felt right until I turned back to my true self and my core beliefs, including Goddess, Lady, Spirit, and Mother Earth.

My birthday is tomorrow (I'd say 38 years young but I feel 20 years older right now). I figured that is the proverbial "New Year" for me, and am praying for help in getting it right this year.

Anyhow, I'm not sure what else to say. :dizzy:

Oh, and on the subject of tats/piercings, for my birthday gift to myself, I'm getting a nose (nostril) piercing. I checked with my boss, because I'm a contractor trying to get hired permanently, to make sure it wouldn't screw up my application. As much as I'd like to just do what I'd like, I have a family to support and must be responsible to them.

I'm a little nervous, but hoping all will be well. I heal pretty well, so if I take care, I think I will love it!

Now to get this weight off so I can get my goal tat on my left shoulder! :D

Blessings,
Jenn

WickedCrafty
09-03-2007, 11:35 PM
Hi Jenn! Welcome

gaia2094
09-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Merry meet and billions of blessings! I'm Gaia, college student and going on my sixth year as a pagan/witch. In those six years I must have gained 40, maybe even 50 lbs (ugh). So, in keeping with the "my body is a temple" and to harm none, including myself, I've started up my diet program again, even seeing a nutritionist on campus to make sure its safe. Apparently, I was restricting my protein too much, of all things!

I actually got my first pantacle necklace 2 days ago at a local spiritual shop in the mall. It's absolutely amazing! It has Oroborus the snake encircling it, and when I wear it I don't get my usual drop of a hat panic attacks and odd worries that keep me up at night. I think its a serious sign from the Lord and Lady (but about what, haven't quite figured out yet, lol).

paganwife
09-10-2007, 10:51 PM
Welcome, Gaia!

Jenn, what will you get on your shoulder when you meet your goal? I have a pentacle on my left upper arm, a dream catcher w/a bear inside it on my left shoulder, and a bear paw print on my right shoulder. :-)

jo

FreyaAlexander
01-31-2008, 07:10 AM
Holy cow! There's an actual section for Pagans here? Very cool. I'm so excited! If you couldn't tell, I'm new here...

mauvaisroux
02-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Welcome FreyAlexander! :wave: Unfortunately this area has been a bit quiet lately but I would love it if we could get things going again. :)

FreyaAlexander
02-11-2008, 08:56 AM
Well...maybe people are busy?

drake3272004
02-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Well...maybe people are busy?

Hello!

I haven't been around much at all, I haven't really been actively trying to lose any weight as I am trying to get my sleep apnea under control. Backsliding because of it unfortunetly. I'll be around more in a couple weeks, should be feeling better (i hope) and will be more then a lurker!

Tessitura
02-21-2008, 10:11 PM
Wow, there is a pagan subforum! This makes me so happy. :)

I'm not really sure what to say about myself, so here are a few uncategorized details:

I'm a tall girl from Washington State, and an eclectic pagan. I draw heavily from the Golden Dawn tradition, but I also have learned a great deal from Wiccan and nature-based spirituality. I don't believe in choosing "high" or "low" magic; I think these should be integrated and that each serve important purposes. Paganism in its many forms has become a beautiful way for me to understand the universe, and I love talking to other people about their individual paths of spiritual discovery.

I've been insecure about my weight since I was a small child. Constant exercising got me nothing but pain, so I gave up on trying to be thin for a while. After being diagnosed with a couple chronic conditions, I've thrown myself back into the struggle to attain a more healthy weight. I'm a "big girl"... tall, naturally "hourglass"-shaped, and actually "big-boned", so I was always disillusioned with weight loss, because I never believed I'd actually lose enough weight to look thin. But I've started to realize that losing weight is something I need to do for me, to be more happy and comfortable in my body, and I'm hoping that this time it will "stick".

Hmm... I love music, and cooking, and natural whole foods, and dancing. I also adore recycled (read: second-hand) clothes, the more eccentric the better.

BlueDrgnfly
03-09-2008, 12:11 AM
A pagan forum! Not something I was expecting, but definitely a welcomed sight!

A little bit about me - I'm 22, single, and have no children save for a gorgeous black cat who I love to pieces.

As far as my own spiritual path, I do not stick to a certain tradition, but instead am more eclectic in my practices and beliefs - This will be a great place to utilize my spirituality to help in my weightloss goals!

As of right now, I have a little less than 70 pounds to loose, it's going to be a long journey, but well worth it!

Blessed Be!!!

nakedmango
03-15-2008, 10:43 PM
A pagan sub-forum--yay! That just fills me with warm fuzzy goodness. :hug:

I've considered myself a Wiccan/witch since I was 13, and though I live in abig city I've never bothered to look for what must be a pretty big Wiccan community. But it's nice to come here. :cp:

Hi all! :wave:

mauvaisroux
03-16-2008, 06:25 PM
Welcome everyone! :wave:

ASHmomma
04-24-2008, 11:03 PM
Hi, my name is Melissa from Quad Cities, Illinios. I'm just looking around the site trying to see what it has to offer me. I LOVE that there is a pagan chat going on (although not very recent).

I have 2 daughters, Acacia & Ashlynd & a weight loss goal of 80lbs. I'm looking for support from anyone willing to give it!

Thanks!

gaia2094
04-24-2008, 11:58 PM
Brightest blessings and merry meet!

stitchwitch1224
05-05-2008, 09:39 PM
ASHmomma I just love the names of your girls.
I also was very pleased with the pagan site, as I live in a very conservative community and find it difficult to be myself. In fact- I don't talk religion or politics around any of them. :sssh::snooty:
I have 2 boys- Gavin-7 and Dylan Almost 2

I am searching to fill a void in my spirituallity. As a child I wasn't raised to be anything, but have found through reading etc that the Pagan way is the path for me. Really not sure where to start though.:stir::dunno:

ASHmomma
05-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Well thank you. My older sister let me pick her 2nd daughters name & while looking through baby books I found Acacia & feel in love with it. She wanted to use it for her daughter but I just wouldn't let her. I had the name picked out for 2 years before she was born! Her middle name is snow because around here the day she was born was the first day it snowed.

I had many psychic dreams with my second child & so when I found the name Ashlynd it just fit (Ashlynd means 'dreamlike'). Her middle name is Skye because she was born on the first beautiful sunshine filled day of the year (or at least that's how I saw it!)

I too was raised in a faith-less family. I hated floating around with parents that "kind of" believed in christianity. So I looked around for a while & checked out a few different kinds of religions until I found paganism. Which actually has made me feel moved. So. I just know it's right for me.

I don't get to practice as much as I'd like to, at all. But it works for me. And just because I don't "go to church" every sunday does NOT mean I don't worship at any given time.

I'm scatter-brained today so I hope that makes sense!

gaia2094
05-10-2008, 09:36 AM
Stitchwitch- I would start out by visiting paganwiccan.about.com. They've got tons of articles about the origins of Wicca and Paganism, making tools, rituals, Sabbats, etc. After that I'd hit Witchvox; they have more personal articles from pagans and listings of local shops and clergy in your area. I also like teenwitch.com, its a good basic resource.

ASHmomma- Its awesome your daughters have meaningful names and not run-of-the-mill ones. It is an ill conceived notion that Sunday is some kind of "holy day"; why just Sunday? Why isn't everyday a day to be treasured and reveled in? I find it confusing. But I also don't get to practice at all; I'm with my parents at the moment, and per my mother's request, I don't do any magickal rituals or spells. Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think I've done anything in about three or four years, lol. I've been pagan for six!

Its awesome to have new people here! Maybe we can pick up the chat.

stitchwitch1224
05-11-2008, 10:48 AM
I would love to continue chatting!

I hit my 10 lbs. today:carrot:

mirihawk
05-11-2008, 01:14 PM
Nice to see that there is a Pagan subforum. Unusual to find.
I've moved recently and am still unpacking and setting things up... my altar table isn't really dedicated yet. I'm thinking of putting up some of those small shelves in my bedroom, one in each direction, so that the whole room could itself be a focus.

I'm working to visualize my weight release this time (its not a loss, I don't want to find it again!) .

gaia2094
05-11-2008, 02:55 PM
mirihawk- Lol, wise words! I've never had an altar before, I'm hoping that this year will be the first. My last roommate was Catholic and put up a huge crucifix over her bed. :dizzy:

So does anyone take their practices from a particular culture? I'm Celtic/Native American shamanism. Oh, and does anyone know any good air and fire substitutions for candles and incense? I've heard reed diffusers look like incense but don't smoke, but what about fire? I'm a little stuck on that.

ASHmomma
05-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Honestly, Weight release. Ingenius. Wow. I wanna release too. I've lost it & found it too many times, lemmie tell ya!

You know, I'd love to learn more about paganism. I've claimed for about a decade now & haven't really had time since my daughters were born to practice much. Not to mention their father was an abusive jerk that made feel dumb for believing in anything. That would be my last weight release, bout 180 pounds to be exact...

I went to catholic school for 4 years in junior high, the very reason why I started looking into other religions! A cross above her bed huh? Reminds me of one the Nightmare on Elm Street movies.

Halsey Alyn
06-25-2008, 06:14 PM
Merry Meet!

I was looking for a Pagan thread - but I was looking in the 'faith-based support groups'!

Name: Halsey
Religion/Spirituality: Pagan
Beginning Weight: 270
Current Weight: 210
Goal Weight: 170-180
Goal Date: October 1st, 2008
About me: My religion is a big part of my life, and I am very open-minded.
Because of this, I have faced a lot of hardships in my relatively conservative small town. But... I will change my beliefs for no one - my faith in the Lady and Lord is unending. I was raised in a Pagan household, and have been Pagan over half of my life. I am solitary in nature - I am in no coven. I do not actively Cast. I simply believe.
Faith in the Goddess has helped me on my journey to Weight Loss. I am not only doing it for myself, I am doing it so that I may better serve Her.
I can't really go on Nature walks or dance a spiral dance and worship her properly if I can't make it up a hill without being out of breath, now can I? :dizzy:
Future Plans: I plan on enlisting in the US Army as soon as I'm down to weight. I would also love to immerse myself more spiritually. I used to have an Altar, but it was gathering dust - so it's now boxed away. *Bows head in shame* :^:

havoc
07-01-2008, 10:56 AM
So does anyone take their practices from a particular culture? I'm Celtic/Native American shamanism. Oh, and does anyone know any good air and fire substitutions for candles and incense? I've heard reed diffusers look like incense but don't smoke, but what about fire? I'm a little stuck on that.

I'm an eclectic wiccan that tends toward the Egyptian dieties, but I don't practice nearly as often as I'd like to anymore, mainly because when my son goes to sleep, I'm ready to crash as well.

Speaking of which, when he was born, I had to find a fire substitute as well. I didn't want to risk getting careless and leaving matches within his reach. I landed up settling on a pen-light-type flashlight and fake candles (with the LED light thingies inside). The flashlight is handy to put into the cauldron light-end down if I want to "simulate" the use of fire.

Skullarix
08-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Yay! I found the Paganchicks! I was thinking I was all alone on here.

I'm not sure where to start! My religious path is Celtic Reconstructionalist, and I am a member of Ńr nDraŪocht Fťin: A Druid Fellowship which is an international fellowship devoted to creating a public tradition of Neopagan Druidry. I am also the Senior Druid of the local Grove... Sort of like the High Priestess of a Coven.

I'm actually going to a Lughnassadh ritual today, we did ours last week.

I would love to hear how some of you have come to your decision to lose weight. In my area it doesn't seem that is much of a concern for pagans.

ghost
08-04-2008, 09:06 PM
I guess I'd be the newest Paganchick. I don't follow a traditional path. In fact till a few years ago I didn't realize what my family has taught me from birth is Pagan, but I've learned that its considered being a green witch. I come from a long line of herbalists...like thousands of years...long line. My family is from and continues to live in Alaska where we have deep roots. Can't wait to meet more of you!

Skullarix
08-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Welcome to Paganchicks! :hug:

mauvaisroux
09-11-2008, 11:00 PM
Ghost - that is cool about your family traditions of herbalism.

My family background consists of spiritualists from my dad's side and my grandmother, uncle and father have some "gifts" as well. I think that growing up with different beliefs and religions around me has helped lead me to my own path. :)

Urban Explorer
09-28-2008, 03:04 AM
Name: Lil
Religion/Spirituality: Asatru
Beginning Weight: 303
Current Weight: 233
Goal Weight: 150
Goal Date: 09/01/09
About me: I am a 29 year old science teacher living deep in the Bible Belt. Fortunately, I don't teach evolution. I get enough flack for teaching Physics! I am a Heathen, and have been for the past 5 years. Prior to that I was a Norse leaning pagan. I also practice hearth and kitchen witchery. I see this as something that, while having a spiritual concept, is a art and not a religion. I live with my partner and we have been adopted by a cat named Kreature.

When I have spare time, I am an avid photographer and I LOVE to spend time exploring abandoned buildings. I find a sense of peace and spiritual awakening watching nature overcome man's handiwork.

Rebecca85
01-14-2009, 10:09 AM
Hello My name is Rebecca but in some circles I'm called Raven.

I am 23 years old. Married to an amazing man for now almost three years.

I have two childeren a bunny named Lillith and a bird named Cloud. Aslo I am expecting a little boy he will be born in Febuary but I wont see him till April his name will be Dresden and he is a chocolate Lab. =)
Thogh one day I am sure I will have at least two human babies too just not yet. =) I with my hubby have already picked there names as well my girl (goddes providing) Will be Amarha Blake and My boy (again if Lord and Lady provide) Connor Wallice

I should be starting school in the fal to get a teaching dagree.

My hobbies are writing, reading, and art.

Music I like is anything I can move to, I love to dance and sing as well.

I am here because I am tired of looking in the mirror and not just hating what I see but really hating myself.

Rebecca85
01-14-2009, 10:21 AM
oops forgot to add I think my whieght is at 275 ish (dont have a scale) and I want to be at 150 at the least. (under that would be very nice) I am Wiccan my mother started teaching my we I was 13. I also lean more toward the Eygption Gods and Goddess as well. Merry meet and Bleesed be.

WebDancer
02-10-2009, 05:06 PM
I was very surprised today when I first joined and scanned through the forums to find a pagan one. My name is Teresa and I've been the co-coordinator for the Central NY Pagan Pride Day for 10 years now. I also volunteered in 4 state prisons for 3 years teaching classes and facilitating rituals for Wiccan inmates. I no longer go into the prisons, but am continuing the prison ministry. I recently joined weight watchers and, much to my surprise, have lost 14 pounds in the first month being on it, and eating more food than I ever have in my life. The group I celebrate with has 3 of us now on weight watchers, which makes for interesting after ritual potluck conversations, but we try to come up with food options for us that the guys in the group won't groan over :)

I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Blessings,
Teresa

mauvaisroux
02-10-2009, 10:24 PM
Welcome Raven and Webdancer! :wave:

CybelePDX
02-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Merry meet,
I'm a crone at 52, live in the gorgeous Pacific NW of the US, and have practiced my own eclectic pagan path for about 10 years now, before that I was terrified to admit it because of my fundie upbringing. What a load off!

Today is a wonderful adventure, I am just starting my diet and I stumbled across this forum and this group on this forum within a short time. Mother knows what I need!

I really look forward to hearing from this group, what a wonderful resource.

Today my weight is 211.

Question, how do you get one of those little weight loss register bars that everyone has?

Blessed be to all of you,

CybelePDX

shymeggie
03-01-2009, 09:47 AM
Merry Meet all......My name is megan and I am a married mom of three. I am a hedge witch living the homesteading lifestyle. We grow about 80% of what we eat.
I was so happy to find a place for pagans here...how so very cool. :hug:

Moon Faerie
03-06-2009, 11:02 PM
I'm Nicole. I'm a mostly SAHM. I;m also a wedding & portrait photographer, but I'm self employed and don't take on too much work.

I'm married to my high school sweetheart. We've been married for 8 years now, together for 12, and were friends for years before we started dating. He's a restaurant manager. We have 2 kiddos - our son is 5, and our daughter is 4. Starting this fall, I'll be homeschooling ds. I'm also going back to school myself, although very part time.

We're going to Disney this Dec for Christmas/dd's birthday/our anniversary/my 30th birthday (late Dec/early Jan is crazy for us!), so in addition to losing weight, I'm getting in better shape for all that walking. I've read that the average is 8 miles per day, and we'll be there for 7 days!

rainy
03-20-2009, 09:34 AM
WOW!! I didn't imagine I could find a pagan place here also! :D *dancing around*

MM all! I'm a healer hedgewitch and so glad there's a place for us! ;)

fenderella5678
03-22-2009, 07:26 AM
Wow, this is amazing! I had no idea this was here, I officially love this website now. :D
I'm 17 (almost 18), and starting college soon. I'm not officially any one branch, I'm still studying quite a bit, but I've always felt close to Wicca. :) Merry meet everyone!

SaltwaterFarm
04-01-2009, 09:29 PM
I joined 3FC a couple of days ago and am so happy to see this forum, with all the nice vibes from the group.

My name is Kate, I'm 55 and have six kids, 4 grandkids and a long term weight issue. I've been an eclectic solitary for 40 years, two of my daughters are following the path.

I joined with the need to find a kindred spirit - it's hard to do by yourself, you know the old saying - the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

I could go on and on, but I'll refrain for now... ;) With any luck, you guys will have a long time to get to know me.:)

Blessed Be

Frigg
04-08-2009, 05:53 AM
Name: Frigg
Religion/Spirituality: Norse Pagan
Beginning Weight: 142
Current Weight: 129
Goal Weight: 120
Goal Date: N/A
About me: Just a lone heathen vegan on the internet.

dark phoenix
05-28-2009, 02:10 PM
Wow A pagan support group.

Well a little about me:

I am 25 years old. Raised roman catholic, but with very open parents. In my teens I started to question my feelings toward religion and a couple years later I left the Catholic church for good. I found an eclectic pagan group in my area and attended a few sabbatt rituals, and felt like I was finally finding my self. I don't know what I would classify myself but I do not feel that it is neccesary to do so. I met my husband in a Wiccan chatroom. My intrest include. Nature walks, reading, wrighting, Drawing, and knitting. I listen to all types of music. from country to rap, oldies to emo and everything in between. Yes even some opra. I like to meditate to celtic music. One of my huge goals is to run a marathon someday. I got a long way to go. I am starting with the couch to 5k program and taking it slow.

MarySnidget
07-08-2009, 10:39 PM
I'm Mary, 21 years old, a student and a part time professional dog walker...which is a slow business where I live. I was raised Catholic and it just never "clicked". My best friend at the time and I was in the same Catholic classes together and she left because the parent in charge kept telling us that having friends of other faith is wrong, if you get pregnant and are a teen you should give it up for adoption, blah blah blah.

Her mom found Wicca, and I have always believed in magic and faeries and we just ventured together. I was apart of the Correllian Tradition with my friend and her mother, but the temple I would meet with kinda fell apart after her mom left (she was the priestess I guess, though we never used titles) and it just got real iffy so now I'm just an eclectic type of Pagan and practice on my own sometimes.

In my free time I love to hula hoop and play with the dogs at the dog park I volunteer at. I love all kinds of music too.

mauvaisroux
07-12-2009, 12:31 AM
Welcome! :)

Hydra
09-04-2009, 12:59 AM
Name: Deanna
Religion/Spirituality: Kitchen Witch
Beginning Weight: 252
Current Weight: 237
Goal Weight: 180
Goal Date: 5/31/10

About me: Merry Meet! I have been coming here since mid August and I just noticed this section. I am thrilled to find other pagans here. My religion is very important to my well being. I feel very solid in my spirituality and my mind and now it is time to bring my body to a healthy place as well.

I have been pagan for over 20 years and I practice my faith alone and also with a group of like minded individuals. We call ourselves The Circle of The Seasons. I live with my bf, Pete, my cat, Loki and my son, Hunter. I became a grandmother last year! I work in the mental health field and in my spare time I like to write, read, make jewelry and paint.

Skullarix
09-07-2009, 12:24 AM
Hello Hydra!

I wish you the very best of luck!

Pinaboo
01-11-2010, 03:06 PM
My name is Tristan. I am 39, a pagan, and an empath (a little too empathic lol) living in New Mexico. My witchy-ways center around my art and my cat. Currently I am focused on weaving, spinning, and knitting although my natural artform is clay sculpture. I am working on pulling from the earth's energy rather than my own - in the past this has resulted in harmful effects. I am new to the study of Wicca and treasure what I am learning about myself and my magic which, until recently, has been intuitive rather than based on a religious practice.

I've been reading 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet forums for several years and finally felt like the time was right for joining. I'm committed to getting my body and mind healthy! The time is definitely right.

Thank you all for your stories and experiences.

Pinaboo

mauvaisroux
01-17-2010, 09:51 PM
Welcome Pinaboo! :wave:

TheKid
01-26-2010, 11:18 AM
I am so relieved to see this group! I am a solitary practitioner of Wicca and have been for almost a year now. I was introduced to Wicca as a child by my grandmother, who was a practicing Wiccan. She was also a Reiki master and she did a lot of work with crystals. I remember this huge, gorgeous amethyst log that she kept in her office near her altar and no one was allowed to touch it, but I sorely wanted to. I never did, but the temptation was always there, hahah.

I am 23-years-old, married to a great man, and momma to a 20-month-old little girl. My husband is extremely tolerant of my religion and interested in perhaps one day converting. He agrees with many of my spiritual beliefs, but he's just not ready to take the plunge and I will absolutely not push him. He was raised Catholic and his family is quite religious. We are exposing our daughter to aspects of Wicca, but it's not something that I will push on her. When she is older, if she tells me she wants to learn more about Wicca, and expresses interest in practicing Wicca, then I will gladly help her in her journey.

Something that has been helping me battle negative thoughts is embracing the Goddess within me...trying to see the beauty in my body at any size. But it is so difficult sometimes.

Anyway, before I continue rambling, I am just so happy to see a weight loss support area for the Pagan religions! This has truly brightened my day!

Brightest Blessings!

mauvaisroux
01-29-2010, 10:30 AM
Welcome!:wave:

ladyblades
02-10-2010, 04:58 PM
Woo Hoo! I'm so excited to find this Community and especially this Forum! I have been a pagan since I was 19 - that makes 30 years this March. I have most recently been calling myself a green witch. I look forward to meeting you all and getting and giving assistance.

I have had some losses in my family in the last few years that have given me the scare. I really think I need to start to lose weight to save my health.

I posted a bio on the Alternachicks bios sticky so I won't repeat it here but I hope to lose 100 pounds by March 14th next year - my 50th birthday!

SpicySiren
02-17-2010, 09:35 AM
Great to find some fellow Pagans here! This makes me very happy. I am a follower of the Goddess following a more Dianic Path and I am very akin to Egyptian Goddesses (Isis, etc.) Being Pagan has only helped me on my weight loss journey, being aware of the moon cycles and its affect on more hunger/food cravings (full moon=more chocolate cravings! new moon=more subsided cravings) and also integrating in specific meditations in helping with weight loss along with channeling goddess energy during workouts. My goal is to lose 100 pounds by this time next year.

blessed be everyone!!!

freekazoid
02-17-2010, 09:35 PM
I posted a big long intro in the main intro section of the 3FC forums but I wanted to pop over here and say "hi" too! I'm so psyched to find a pagan section and I am looking deeply into my spirituality to bring me to the point of health and happiness! I've been a pagan for 23 years, practicing mostly solitary but with groups on occaision. I'm a celtic/faerie/green witch and I also attend my local UU church. Nice to meet everyone!;)

SpinQueen
03-05-2010, 10:34 PM
I've been a proud practicing pagan basically my entire life ... since early teens. Nice to see the acceptance of 'other' faiths here. :)

witchyonadiet
04-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Merry Meet !!

I am a 46 year old eclectic hereditary solitary witch - but witch is simple enough. My mother and both sisters are witches. Growing up we knew our mother was a witch and my Daddy was Protestant. I searched for something that made sense to me (abusive home) and didn't really "find" wicca until I was out of the house in my late teens. Oddly enough - after my mother died my sisters and I all found out we had been practicing - although different paths. Guess it is genetic in my family.

I love love love the old traditional wicca - Doreen Valiente in particular. I also blend in more feminist witchcraft from Starhawk and Z while adding Celtic influences. I have never practiced with a group but because I live near Salem MA I have attended some large wiccan gatherings. The most memorable for me was the Tercentary of the Salem Witch Trials. Hundred of witches came from all over the country (the world I believe) and it was THE most powerful experience I've ever had. Amazing energy with that many people.

I have a 12 year old son that has been with me since he was small and I am finally in the process of adopting !!!

I love piercings - started with my eyebrow after I had lost 100 pounds. I enjoy hiking at local state parks, reading (historical fiction, biographies, romance, cookbooks, wicca/pagan related etc). My musical tatses are all over the place but I mostly enjoy old punk (Clash, The Cult, The Cure etc) older grunge/alternative (Garbage, Veruca Salt etc) and hard rock (Disturbed etc). I also love goth rock and Celtic influenced music. And - don't be a hater - but I can sometimes listen to Rascal Flatts or Keith Urban.

Bright Blessings !!

Nancy

sandybunnychibi
05-21-2010, 04:34 PM
wow i was so excited when i saw they had an area for people like me.
my name is sandy. im ecletic wicca, and dabble in a little pagan areas.
im 28 , attempting to drop from 170-120, calorie counting and exercising. just been doing this for about 12 days (the weight watching , the wicca since i was 14).
exercising part is hard, i gotta buy sports bras that are expensive (h size cups needed) so it hard to do sit ups and run without hurting myself. luckily we got me an ab lounger..dont know how great it is for everyone but i can finaly do a sit up without getting stuck on the ground!!!
anyway hope to be a big part of this group!

JuicyBits
06-01-2010, 05:06 AM
Bright Blessings everyone!!!! I never thought I'd find a pagan weight loss support!!!! This is fantastic...

A little bit about me...
I'm 33... I've been a practicing solitary eclectic for 17 years... I was diagnosed 10 years ago with a disabling heart condition which severly limited my ability to do just about any activity. Since that time I gained a drastic amount of weight. And for a long time it was really hard for me to accept myself...

And as I'm sure we've all experienced... It's pretty difficult to see the Goddess in other people when we can't see Her in ourselves... Eventually I got to the point where I was comfortable in my own skin... And I am... I know that I am safe, loved and protected by HER no matter what I look like on the outside... I know I'm that I am beautiful no matter the scale may say...

My goals are to be more healthy... I'd like to lose 100 pounds, I don't have a goal date... Thus far I am trying to limit my calorie intake and just strongly visualize myself as my ideal...

Love that ..."Weight Release"

xirene
06-02-2010, 05:09 PM
Wow, how awesome that there is a pagan weight loss support board! :)

I answer to Sue, Xirene and Amber :P Aside from a year with a coven back in PA, I've been a solitary eclectic witch for the past 22 yrs.

Over the years, I've gone from an Aphrodite body type to a Willendorf, and while all goddess forms are beautiful, I'm not happy with how I look and feel at this weight.

I've been lucky to have good genes, so despite carrying more than 100# than I should be around, I've not had any major health issues. I realize though that as I get older, I am playing with fire and now is the time to do something about it.

Looking forward to getting to know you! May the hand of the Lady be on you.

mauvaisroux
07-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Welcome!

madds
07-26-2010, 02:21 AM
Well, I'm Amanda, age 22 from Central Wisconsin. I don't subscribe to any one tradition, so I guess I'd be something of an eclectic spiritualist. I have two ferrets and a saint bernard. I enjoy reading, tending my herb garden (which consist of several potted plants, since we live on a lot of sand), sewing, and tabel top gaming.
I'm a bit of a nerdy pagan, I guess.

duckchick
07-30-2010, 04:21 AM
I don't know how I COMPLETELY missed seeing this section! Gah, I'm blind!!

I found the religion over ten years ago, but was unable to let go of my stern Christian upbringing until just over a year ago. So I'm still very new to paganism. I've been reading and trying to educate myself, and have celebrated 4 Sabbats, but for the most part I'm concentrating on learning and absorbing the principles and philosophies that make up paganism. It's been a rather liberating experience in some respects, and I hope it continues!

Oh, and trying to lose 100 lbs, then play it by ear from there.:D

RndmCandle
08-02-2010, 04:39 AM
My name is Nicki, 24, 1st Gen. American and in the past few years I've made some pretty drastic changes to my belief systems. I grew up with a Rastafarian father and a Christian Mother both from Antigua...so until pretty recently I spent a lot of time bouncing around, trying to figure out who the **** I was. I read the book 'Conversations with God' and I haven't been the same sense. The most empowering idea the book gave me was that there is nothing that I have to do; no big test that needs to be passed. I'm here to love, and help, and enjoy in whatever way that suits me. My journey into paganism has been completely delightful and new and it's so empowering to find Pagan women on the same journey as me.

I'm from a town in Arkansas, and it's been challenging finding people around here to learn from and grow with...so I've been doing a lot of reading, and I'm still searching to find out what suits me. But I love the fact that no matter what...if it feels right to you, it works. There's no stringent rules about how things absolutely have to be. It's just wonderful!

So glad I found this group. Me= Greatest mood ever.

duckchick
08-03-2010, 12:55 AM
Hi there RndmCandle! Isn't it great to feel that kind of liberation! I think I sometimes get too caught up in "doing it right", that I forget it's about what feels right to you. I think because I'm taking part in the Halloween Challenge I'm really thinking about and looking forward to Samhain! Here's a good luck to both of us! :carrot:

Leanansidhe
08-03-2010, 03:06 AM
I am in the younger half of my mid-thirties, a mother of two, and of course Pagan. specifically I follow an Irish tradition. Due to a series of various events which occurred over the last ten years I gained a lot of weight - about 100lbs or so. Due to physical limitations, it became increasingly difficult to attempt to do anything about it as such actions seemed to cause only more harm. Then, a couple of months ago I suddenly started losing weight unexpectedly and completed unplanned. within about two weeks time I lost approximately 30 lbs. In order to keep the ball rolling, I went ahead and began medical weight loss and have now taken on about 50 lbs in total since this all began two months ago.

But, I have a few problems that I am trying to sort out. For example, I my skin is becoming very loose and floppy - especially in the lower abdomen and under the arms. I was doing alot of swimming and stair climbing, but the results were limited. Therefore I have (as of last night) also implemented a yoga twice a day, a one hour walk, and small amounts of upper arm weight lifting using cans of soup. I am very sore but want to do more and want to find better ways to tone. Like many within the magical community, I am afflicted with asthma (which has always been a problem even when I was extremely athletic) and do not smoke etc. so its entirely just my body.

This week, I didn't take off any weight but lost about 4 inches around. so, I am doing fairly well, but would like to do more. On my diet I am eating lean protein and am limited to 10 oz. of food per day and then drink about 0.5 to 1 gallon of water each day. Classes are not really an option for me right now - otherwise I would be either roller or ice skating again (used to be figure skater) or even taking kung fu. This are not options - so whatever I come up with needs to be able to be done at home and work well. As many of you already have experience with these sorts of things - what do you suggest? How many hours do you put in per day? I am thinking about 3 hours (one in the early morning, one in the evening, and intermittent exercise breaks through out the day) plus an hour or so of walking?

Martina
08-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Hello!! I am back!! I took a brief hiatus from 3FC in general, but now I am back. I have missed 3FC and the paganchicks section.

I'm Martina, I'm 33 and live in Pembroke, NC. Thats about an hours south of Fayetteville. I am a follower of Wicca and have been for a few years now. I'm in the bible belt, in an area where other religions have sort of been "run off" so to speak, so I'm solitary. (I moved up here in 2007, I lived in Atlanta before).

When I was on 3fc before I had lost ten pounds, and now I'm going to try to start losing more and work towards getting back in shape.

Elijahs phoenix
08-03-2010, 07:25 PM
I'm a 21 year old eclectic pagan. I have lived my whole life in the Mormon state, and sadly becuse most of my extended family is Mormon I have had to stay in the broom closet.

My passions are my pets Shadow male pomeranian, Kali Female Min pin, Sunni Umbrella cockatoo, Jade severe macaw,Phoenix green wing macaw. I also Have a 18 month old son Elijah!

I love the outdoors and can't wait to get outdoors and go fishing and bike riding soon as this summer cools down some. Its been around 110 for the last month.

duckchick
08-04-2010, 12:52 AM
Hi ladies! It's so cool meeting you! :D

justjen78
12-27-2010, 03:01 PM
I am a 32 year old kitchen witch. I was part of a wiccan coven on the way to earning my 3rd degree but I didn't feel Wicca was quite right for me. Now I just practice on my own how I want and when I want

mauvaisroux
01-01-2011, 06:50 PM