Paganchicks - Pagan chick chat!

View Full Version : Pagan chick chat!

mauvaisroux
09-28-2005, 01:55 PM
Yay! We have a new forum! :cb:

Thanks Suzanne and Jennifer for setting this up! :D

flower
09-28-2005, 02:36 PM
This is way cool! Gotta take my little one to kindergarten and go for my daily walk, but I will come back to chat in a little bit.

Tani
09-28-2005, 04:12 PM
Woohoo! Thanks Mauvais!

How is the transition to Fall going for everyone? Around here it really feels like someone pulled the switch on the weather. We haven't had much rain yet, but the mornings are noticeably much colder.

I'm freshly back from celebrating the Equinox and I'm enjoying the calm and clarity that comes from spending 4 days in ritual space. I'm being nice to the people at work who annoy me and not letting the little stressors get to me. We'll see how long I can keep it going ;)

flower
09-28-2005, 04:14 PM
Just got back from my nature walk, now doesn't that sound better than a fitness walk? I was starting to get disappointed cause all the nature is hiding at noon vs 7 am. But I did see 2 magpies, a lizard and a very friendly orange tabby. Gotta appricate nature at all the stages and times.

Anyone have any good house selling spells/charms/prayers? Someone told me about St Joseph, but as I don't celebrate the Cathloic saints, it doesn't feel right. I moved out of the house so hubby would be closer to work so he could get his promotion. He got the promotion, and I painted, recarpeted, new counters. Had 2 offers, both fell threw cause they got cold feet when the gas prices went up. One was within 2 days which didn't bother me but this last one, he called it off 7 days before the close of escrow. I don't feel right suing. I was told I have another offer in the works but it is contingent on them selling their house and it isn't even on the market yet. I won't hold my breath on that. I am completely stressing out paying for 2 houses and 2 sets of utility bills. Let alone driving 60 miles round trip once a week to do yard work ect.

Tomorrow is WW WI, I must drink more water!

deleted2
09-28-2005, 06:48 PM
How exciting---a fresh new thread! ;)

Flower, I remember you from another thread somewhere at 3FC. Lovely to 'see' you again.

Can't wait to see who else shows up!

flower
09-28-2005, 07:16 PM
I remember you too Eydie! So glad to "see" you.

mauvaisroux
09-28-2005, 07:55 PM
and I remember both of you :lol:

Flower - sending some house selling vibes your way :goodvibes

It is very exciting to see a new forum here at 3fc, unfortunately I have had an exhausting day at work followed by an after work social gathering and I am ready for bed - especially since I was up tossing and turning from 3 am onwards this morning :yawn: so I won't be on for long tonight....

ajandpj99
09-28-2005, 08:25 PM
Hi!

Tani - yes - noticing the weather myself. Today it was 77, yesterday it broke 80, but at night it dips into the 30's - brrr. Trees are starting to turn colors though - it is just gorgeous here in October - reminds me of Vermont (pictures of - never been there).

Flower - I was a realtor for a couple of years and a contingent offer is not bad - and it has the benefit of giving you the right to bump them if a non contigent offer comes along. If you have a realtor - you must since you dont live in the house - they can explain it since your state laws may be different than Oregon. Also - it may be cheaper than gas to hire a neighbor kid to tend to the yard instead of you making a round trip. And if you Realtor is worth his salt - he already knows someone that will do it for a reasonable fee. (kids are cheaper).

I definately prefer nature walks to fitness walks - especially out here where I am surrounded by Forest.

Chat later - gotta check out the rest of this thread.

miss_elisha
09-29-2005, 09:23 AM
Hi chickies!

I'm new to this section of the forums, but I introduced myself over on the Meet and Greet thread. :wave:

The weather is turning lovely here too! The leaves are changing, the air is crisp and clear, the sky is sparkling blue (well, not today, today it's raining, but for the past few days it's been lovely), and our county fair is this weekend (Buckwheat Festival)! And I'm finally getting to spend some time outside with our new horse! Fall is just plain wonderful. :D

Flower: Good luck selling your house! My boyfriend and I are trying to buy one. We had one under contract, then when we filed for an extension the sellers threatened to sue us for breach of contract because we weren't working fast enough, so Steve (the BF) said he's not working with anyone threatening to sue us. I mean, we wanted to move in by July, it's not like we were just sitting on our butts. Eesh! Yeah, so now we're back at square one. I hope you're having better luck with the process than we're having!

Tani
09-29-2005, 10:40 AM
Flower, good luck with selling your house. Try not to stress out too much. I bet, since you've already had two offers that you'll get another one soon. You might try, if you haven't already, doing a nice space clearing ritual at the old place. Something that clears away any stressful energy that might be lingering about.

I work a lot with greek dieties, so I might also ask Hestia to help prepare the house for a new family :)

theotherjen
09-29-2005, 10:41 AM
I am so jealous...it is still so hot here, I don't expect it to cool down til like November. But once it does, I will be camping like every weekend.

Flower-good luck with selling your house. I would have also suggested St. Joseph...but perhaps Hestia, you may leave her an offering and ask for her assistance in bringing a family who will love and care for the house. Sounds like she would like homemade foods, fruit and wine...being the silly pagan that I am...I would write out my wants and needs for a buyer and then wrap it tight around a magnet and then set it on the edge of the driveway to pull them in...hope that helps :)

Nature walk...wow that does sound so much nicer

flower
09-29-2005, 11:18 AM
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I just might go try them all this weekend. I am trying not to think about it but then on my hour nature walks I get mad at every for sale sign I see. But getting mad won't sell my house.

Lets see....what is going on in my world today. Not a whole bunch of anything. My fingers are swollen today as were my legs last night. I need to force myself to drink lots of water betwn now and 1 so I maybe can have a normal WI at 5:30.

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone! ~blessings~

mauvaisroux
10-06-2005, 01:26 PM
How is the house selling going Flower? Did you try any of the suggestions out?

kati3l3unny
10-11-2005, 07:45 PM
its a small world flower ;)

A SPELL OF ATTRACTION TO SELL A HOUSE

List the house with a good agent, clean it from top to bottom, put a sign out
front and an ad in the paper, and tell everyone you know that you're selling it.
Assuming that's done, begin your ritual by obtaining a green candle.
Green was a traditional color for prosperity spells long before they decided to make U.S.
currency that color: It symbolizes a green and fruitful harvest.
Now, go outside your house to some spot where you can see the house but not be
disturbed (i.e. standing in the middle of the road is not recommended). It's best to do
this at a time when the street is relatively quiet.
If possible, face the house from the same side that a prospective buyer would when
seeing it for the first time. Sit or stand comfortably, holding the candle.
Close your eyes, relax and take a few minutes to begin breathing regularly
and establish your concentration. (If you've ever done regular meditation or prayer,
establish that same frame of mind.)
Now visualize the house through a stranger's eyes. In your mind, envision brilliant
sunlight, whether it's there in real life or not. Mentally walk from the driveway to the
front door (or whatever entrance is closest), then into the house.
As you do this, envision the house as the most beautiful it can be. If the paint is
clean and white, envision it positively gleaming. If there are plants in the yard,
envision them not just thriving, but seeming to beckon the passer-by, reaching their
little green selves up into that same brilliant light.
In your mind's eye, walk through the entire house with the eyes of a stranger,
dwelling on every good point it has. Do not let thoughts of its flaws disrupt your c
oncentration (this is the tough part). That same brilliant sunlight pours through every
window and door. See it fill up each room as you enter.
When you have been through the entire house, go back the way you came. Envision
the light from each room pouring into your mind, through your body, and out through
your hands into the candle. Like a battery, the candle will absorb this light energy.
Take a few moments in each room to let this happen. (There's a lot of light; it won't
diminish in the room when it pours into you.)
Now mentally go out through the same door and stand in the driveway, seeing the house
covered with brilliant light. Again, feel the light that surrounds the house pour into you,
and from you into the candle.
When you're done, continue to sit or stand for a few moments with your eyes shut,
and let any excess energy that remains in your body flow naturally into the ground.
Then open your eyes.
Light the candle at an appropriate time - the night before a showing might be good.
A Witch would probably wait for the full moon (a time of bounty) or the first quarter moon
(a time for new beginnings). An astrological magician might do so on a Monday
(the day of the moon) or a Thursday (the day of Jupiter, the Bestower).
As you light the candle, intone the words of the spell:
"Fill my home with energy, that it may bring me prosperity.
Light and beauty fill my home, That its new owners soon may come."
Let the candle burn all the way down. (I hope you didn't get one of those 15-hour ones!)
What this visualization does is to fill the house with positive energy.
Buyers respond to this energy whether they're aware of it or not.
By dwelling on all your home's good points, you've filled those places
in the house with special energy so they won't be overlooked.
Also: Before each showing, subtly scent the house with cinnamon - incense, potpourri,
maybe one of those lamp rings. Besides being a prosperity herb, cinnamon's aroma makes
people think of home cooking, which will make them want to settle down there.

deleted2
10-12-2005, 06:16 PM
Anyone have weight loss/fitness goal stories? I'm feeling hopeful again. I'd gotten down to my goal and then my weight crept up 7 pounds----and I didn't want that 7 pounds to turn into 17, etc.! I had the shattering revelation this past Sunday that I simply have to do more to reach more goals than the average person. Sad but true. I've started pushing myself more and I feel really good. :)

flower
10-12-2005, 09:57 PM
Well I might have it sold. I got an offer a bit ago but I wasn't holding my breath cause they had to sell their home. But it just took 2 weeks to get a solid offer! So they should close Nov 7th, I should be able to close mine real soon after that! WOOHOO I refuse to think anything can go wrong this time.

But even better news, I am finally pregnant again! I have been trying for 27 months. I miscarried once in that time. :( But I succeceeded again. I am probably insane since there will be 16 years in btwn my oldest and my youngest, but I am so excited!

deleted2
10-13-2005, 06:00 AM
Wow, double blessings for Flower! :)

Tani
10-14-2005, 10:25 AM
Oh my goodness flower! how exciting!!

mauvaisroux
10-14-2005, 03:40 PM
Congratulations on both counts Flower! :hat: Great new avatar too! :D

Eydie - my success is having managed to lose and keep off 15lbs for two years - I'm just trying to get rid of another 10 stubborn pounds :lol: I definitely eat a lot healthier now than when I first started out and have way more energy than I used to. I just need to exercise more :)

Punkinseed
10-20-2005, 04:24 PM
Hello ladies! (I believe we're all ladies and no gentlemen?) Mind if I pull up my cauldron and sit a spell with ya?

Long time, no see! I haven't been here in ages.... was posting on another thread, but was starting to have a hard time feeling a good fit and thus, seemed to never check in. I LOVE them all (I see Eydie here!), but my life has been revolving more and more around my faith (which means extra foodie holidays with esbats and sabats to not snarf my way through) so I thought I'd give a different, more relevant thread a try!

Flower, good to meet you and congratulations!!!!!! How exciting! My best friend in CA is 18 weeks pregnant with her 2nd and her daughter is 14! It took her almost 2 years to get to where she is now also. I'm just so stoked to get to be an auntie again! :cb:

Ok, weight stuff - Right now my goal is just to get my head screwed back on straight. I lost my stepfather in March and was doing good for awhile, but have been having some emotional setbacks as of late - probably with all the talk about the upcoming holidays, I'm sure. But, with meditation, exercise and slowly working on healthy food instead of crap I should get through it with grace (Gods willing!).

Besides that, I have a trip to Fiji next year in September and I'll be damned if I'm gonna wear a mumu the whole time I'm there! :tantrum:

Looking forward to getting to know you all! :wave:

Terri

deleted2
10-20-2005, 05:05 PM
Hi Punkin! I'm ready to check in more often on this thread, are you with me?

My weight loss scene is okay, it'd be better if I lost some weight of course! My food is excellent [if I may say] and exercise is great too, but I have the kind of body that wants to hang onto every ounce. My pattern seems to be that I plateau for the longest time and then I suddenly drop 3 or so pounds.

Got a book yesterday titled "If the Buddha Came To Dinner". It's inspired me to ask a question of this merry group! If the Goddess Herself came to dinner what would you serve? ;)

SEARCHING4ME
10-20-2005, 07:47 PM
Well hello ladies!! :D

I can't tell you how happy I am to "see" you all here. Some of you I remember from before and I look forward to getting to know everyone.

I have been MIA for many months due to a number of issues. (of which I won't bore you with now) I thought about coming back but each time something stopped me and I didn't find the time to sign in. And now, in true Pagan form, I have been thinking about 3FC for a few weeks now, and now I know why. This thread. I am very excited about it.

When I first started here a couple years back I tried a slightly similar thread and boy, was it greeted with negativity!!! I was forced to remove it. :tape:

This time last year my DH and I started SBD and I lost 65 lbs :yes: Now sadly I have gained about 25lbs back. :censored:

Well as of this past Monday, I have restarted my program and with Goddess's help and now yours ( :grouphug: Please?) I plan on getting rid of what I regained as well as about another 50 to 70lbs. I know it's a tall order, but hey, its doable!

Eydie, how come it doesn't surprise me you asked that question? The first thing that came to mind is that I would not serve a salad with Green Goddess dressing...That has been SOOOOOOO done! :yawn: :lol:

I think I would serve my favorite soup.....It's a cream of aparagus soup. It's always been a hit at all my dinner parties :T

I like the nature walk idea, I HATE walking, but I love trees and bugs and birds, we have a set of nature trails about a mile away from my home, and a few more a few towns over, I guess I should shedule a "Visit with Nature" instead of a walk, I may be more successful!

Well I need to pull myself away and make dinner, if time allows I will be back!

Thank you all again for starting and continueing this thread.

deleted2
10-20-2005, 08:11 PM
Evilyn!!! I remember you---we corresponded for a while. Hey, even if you re-gained 25 pounds you can still say that you lost 40 and that's a lot!

Cream of asparagus soup.....mmmmm..

ajandpj99
10-21-2005, 11:03 AM
Hello! :wave: Glad to see everyone posting again and nice to meet the new and returning folks! :grouphug:

Great to have another Oregonian on the Board! :rain:

If a God or Goddess was to come to my house for dinner? - I guess it depends on which God or Goddess and what there preferences were.

But if left to my own designs - I would make a Roast with homemade gravy and steamed veggies from my garden with homemade mashed taters (also from the garden) and if it were a couple years from now the roast would be from beef that we raised. :hun:

If the entity were vegetarian - I could make a yummy homemade homegrown veggie soup and bread. :eating2:

Ok getting hungry - bad topic before brkfst. OOH and blackberry cobbler for desert - this place is covered in blackberries.

Whoever comes to call has to love dogs because I have 4 and 3 are indoors and want love from every body that walks through the door.

On a less chearful note - I have been trying to figure out what I did to piss off the universe - because my Ju-Ju lately has been all funked up. :yikes: My sweet little auntie has been mad at me - and her reasons seems sort of out of the blue - so I dont know what happened there and I have been trying to fix the problem, :mag: but it seems to be hanging on. If I could trace my steps back to what I did (not necessarily to my aunt) and offer up some kind of karmic exchange - maybe I can get the cloud to move on. :crossed:

I think what I have to do is make a more concious effort in two areas - since I volunteer for the Fire Dept (currently on the Board of Directors as going on medical calls all the time was not really for me) I need to give a full day twice a month to all the projects I have going on there and I need to do something fun away from home at least 1 time a week with my aunt to let her know that I am glad she lives here and that I love her. :love:

On weight loss front - I WI tomorrow :goodscale - hope to see a loss - always hopeful - that walk I did last Tuesday was an awesome butt, thigh, quad, shin, calf workout - every muscle in my legs is still sore. I want to do that hike at least twice a week if not 3 times - a couple months of that and my saddle bags will shrink (I hope).

Not sure who said it but I have the same deal - I plateau like my body is holding on the fat with dear life and then bam! - I drop 3 lbs. I have 11 days to lose 5 lbs (if I havent lost this week) to meet my goal. :goodluck:

I have babbled enough. :blah:

An Affirmation for October "I am open to the miraculous. I sense divine presence everywhere around me." - One Spirit Book of Days 2005

Punkinseed
10-21-2005, 01:05 PM
Hi there!

Yes, Eydie, I'm with ya! :cheer: Actually, given the last couple years I'm amazed that I really have been staying in the same 8 pound range. I guess I have something to be thankful for!

Ok, what would I serve? Ya know, I don't really think it would matter as long as it was eaten with respect and honor for the plants and animals that gave their lives to provide us nutrition. I actually just attended a talk on that given by a wonderful lady who's helped me with some issues 2 of my cats were having!

ajandpj - Hello fellow Oregonian! No umbrella for me though! I'm in central OR, other side o' them thar mountains in the desert. Which is unfortunate because there's nothing better than curling up on a rainy day with a good book, a cuppa and a few warm kitties... Well, we'll get our "rain" soon - probably in the form of snow though!

Evilyn - I agree, what a nice place to have - to get support from people who celebrate the same (or similar) holidays as we do. To not have to explain Mabon, or Ostara.... that will be nice. Also nice to have someone know what the food-fest time between Yule and Christmas is like! Yikes!

I read that Earth based religions are the fastest growing segment of faiths in the US and that by the year 2018 Pagan religions will equal those of Christianity. You would HOPE that would make people realize that they've just got to get used to the fact that we're here. Or, like the bumper sticker on my car says "We Are Everywhere". :yes:

Terri :wizard:

Tani
10-21-2005, 02:05 PM
Hmmm what to serve the Goddess for dinner, something local and in season. Iíd definitely have my friend Cas over to make dessert, as her creations are truly divine :)

Teri- Here in the Pacific Northwest it isnít hard at all to believe that weíre the fastest growing set of religions, is it? You canít trip without landing on one of us, at least on the wet sides of our states.

timmyshawn
10-21-2005, 02:25 PM
Wow Activity on the board!! i don't check for a couple of days and Bam! Interesting question. I really have no clue what I'd serve for dinner. Maybe a salad to start, then a homemade veggie soup, rack of lamb with roasted potatoes and carrots (with garlic and parsely), and homemade bread, and for dessert a pumpkin spice cake with a buttercream dipping sauce on the side. I guess I did have a clue :lol: . I miss food!!! ya know the really not good for ya fattening greasy stuff, but I know that in the long run I'm a better person for staying away from it. But there are those days ya know... Anyway, glad to see some activity here. Gotta run for now, but I can't wait to check back and se who has what to say. TTYL

Punkinseed
10-21-2005, 04:32 PM
Hi ya Tani,

Actually on the dry side of the state you can't turn around without seeing a church! When I moved here from the SF area I thought for SURE there'd be a pagan on every corner! :shrug: But I often get little knowing "nice pendant" comments when I wear something outright witchy (goddess pendant or pentacle) so I know "we" are around, just still lurking a little.
We're getting louder over here on the dry side though! :coach:

Terri

SEARCHING4ME
10-22-2005, 05:15 PM
Around here in PA still mostly Christian but your right, we are everywhere (I have the same sticker on my car)

I also get quite a few of the "nice necklace" ;) ;) But can I just say....Ya gotta love the ones that comment on your lovely star of David!!! :rolleyes:

One time one of my customer actually argued with me that I was wrong!!! :rofl: I was hysterical!

You get a feel for what ones to just smile and say thank you and what others to explain it to, but I just gotta say, even tho' it's not very pagan like, sometimes I just love their shocked expressions!

My previous position was one that my customers had known me for up to 20 years, thought I walked on water, such a lovely kind person, (trust me they don't live with me) They have trusted me with their money and life issues to the smallest detail sometimes, then BOOM, they learn this. Oh My! :lol: What faces!! :eek:

I know, I know, bad, bad Pagan. :nono:

But I must say I have been very lucky over the years, I have been interested for over 15 years but actually truely decided this was my path around 12 yrs ago, and I have never had a truely bad experience with anyone regarding my choice. Sure a few people I know either flat out said they don't "believe in any of that stuff" or just choose not to discuss it at all, so that's perfectly ok with me. I think I am very lucky because I married into a very Catholic family, and of all people, you would think the mother in law would have been the worst, but she was actually really great about it. Almost to the point of annoyance, she askes questions and we talk, but the thing that was annoying was she used to touch, pick up and mess with the items on my alter to ask her questions. Thank Goddess I'm not too sensitive about my alter, I know some people that they would be all freaked out by it, but I figure that dispite any other issues she and I may have , she is a very sweet person and is pretty pure of heart and her intentions are good, so its not like she would be putting lots of bad energy into my stuff.

Well on a different note, Having restarted my SBD this past monday I am happy to report that if the scale at my Y is even remotely accurate, looks like I lost 5 0r 6 lbs so far this week!! :cp:

Well ladies, gotta run for now but loved chatting with you all!

timmyshawn
10-23-2005, 10:40 AM
Hi ladies! If I drive 2 1/2 hours (one way) I can find classes, drum circles, meetings, open circles, shops etc... But unfortunately there isn't anything nearer to me that I've been able to find. No networking or anything. I know they are out there but they are very well hidden in my area. I have never gotten told nice necklace (although I have said it a couple of times to others, but they seemed nervous that I even saw it and weren't very responsive, sigh..) Oh how I long for people to network with in person...sometimes I feel sooo alone out here. On the flip side in the 15 mile drive it takes me to get to town there are 6 churches (and that's just on the main road, there's a butt ton more on the side roads between here and town).
I hope everyone is doing well and OP. I'm doing pretty good. I am proud of myself cause we had pizza the other night and I contolled myself! I stayed within range on cal. and fat for the day! (This is huge, I'm one of those people that used to almost eat a whole med. pizza by themselves!) And last night DH brought me home a doughnut cause I was getting really aggrivated about not being able to have...and I had been craving one for a week. Anyway even with the doughnut, I stayed within range. It was at the high end but within range! And I have my menu planned out for today and already entered into fitday!
Well I guess I'll check in later. Gotta get ready to go to the store and get some stuff for DD's school project.

Tani
10-24-2005, 10:45 AM
Speaking of mistaken stars of david... my Saturday aquacize instructor mistook my pentacle tattoo for a Texan state star and asked me if I was from Texas... Boy was I confused! :lol:

Punkinseed
10-24-2005, 11:46 AM
LOL! Tani that's FUNNY!!!!!! :rofl:

I've never had it mistaken for a Star of David, or, lol, a representation of the Texas star! Although, 'round here in cowboy-ville the Sheriff star badges look just like a pentagram. My mom used to call one of my goddess pendants a "little girl", which was cute.

Heather, I'm so sorry for your isolation, I know what that feels like. Granted, in the SF area I probably couldn't throw a stick and NOT hit a pagan, I wasn't "allowed" to follow that path because of my idiot ex husband - it was just easier to keep the peace than to cause a ruckus about my faith.
:woo: to you for staying op with pizza! I aspire to be so strong around italian goodness....

Speaking of the idiot ex - Evilyn, you're SO lucky to have such an understanding family! My ex was parochial schooled K-12, dad passed out the pamphlets at church (when he wasn't having an affair, drunk or beating his wife) and my ex's response to my first Wicca book (good ol' Scott Cunningham) was "oh great, what, are you going to be a witch now?". Weeelllll, with that kind of reception, I guess not! Hopefully your family's more the norm though - since my ex's family was the definition of disfunction. Good to know there's still some open minded religious people out there!

Ok, should get some work done!

Terri

mauvaisroux
10-24-2005, 03:41 PM
Tani - :rofl: That's hilarious!

Evilyn - I remember you and that post and I remember pm'ing you because of the reply you got from one person - eek! :eek: Glad you stuck around the boards and that you have joined this group :)

Lots of Pagans around where I live as well as several bookstores and gift shops.
There is even an annual witches gathering/celebration/party at a local bar each Halloween. I've been to it twice - it was a lot of fun. :)

I don't wear a pentacle but I wear a celtic cross on occasion and people think I am Catholic or ask me if I am religious....ummmm no, but if you try to explain Celtic paganism to someone their eyes tend to go blank and their jaw goes slack :lol:

I did get a weird look and an "Oh :fr: " sound from someone once and I think she actually took a step back from me when I explained one of my Goddess bracelets. After that when anyone asks I just say that it is a women empowerment thing and they seem able to accept that. Whatever :rolleyes:

flower
10-30-2005, 11:46 AM
Can you think ++++ thoughts for me tomorrow? I have to go repeat my ultrasound. Last Monday I had one and it only showed a yolk sac. Either I wasn't far enough along which is possible, not everyone always concieves exactly midcycle, or it won't be a viable pregnancy. :(

If I get good news, she or he will have a Halloween name in honor of tomorrow. So, think of names for me. I have a few girl names, and only Jack for a son. (although I prefer the plurl-Jax) I would love to hear more suggestions. i will post tomorrow evening and let you know.

That is why I have been absent, hard to concentrate on anything living in limbo. Oh, my house should close on Nov 11ish.

AutumnJoy
10-30-2005, 05:40 PM
Good luck tomorrow on your ultrasound!! You could do Hazle for a girl, I like Jack, and Jack always makes me think of Sally..Or Autumn, or Sienna, or Eve (as in all hallows...)

SEARCHING4ME
10-30-2005, 11:37 PM
Happy holiday to all !!!!! (almost)

Flower, Many positives going your way my dear!!!!!
Autumn, gee that sounds nice.....Eve is nice too, only I think its too easily connected with Adam. :lol:

Mauv, I thank you for the PM you sent back then, I recieved quite a few of them, only two nice ones.

I have upon occasion stated that I practice a earthbased faith, I sort of do a (forgive me) :^: "dumb Blond" kind of smile and say, "you know, the power of the earth, trees, plants and animals, that kind of stuff" I know, bad girl.

This will be the first in a long time that I have to work, although I did inform my supervisor that I normally take off and plan to start again next year. She was pretty good about it. She also has a different religion, so she is probably more understanding than someone else might be.

I was thinking that It sort of sucked that I had to work (new Job), that I would really miss my day of reflection....but in true goddess form, she often gives you what you didnt realize you needed. My office does theme costumes, this year they chose the 80's. So in getting my stuff together, I decided to pull out my year books to look at clothes and hair, and found myself dwelling over other things. I spent quite a while going over the books. Boy do I have A LOT of reflecting to do now!!!! :dizzy:

The whole picture is not all together yet, but I am starting to see the direction I must be supposed to be going. Getting down sized last year was the start of a slow and strange path, that sent me to my current job where my manager was my best friend from grade and high school. Where my customer base is formed of old teachers and students from my past. a couple other employees are ones from my past too. And over this past year there have been other weird things that either made me think of or connect with the past.... Then today......I guess I am supposed to review the past before I can go forward..... OY!!!! Way too much for this time of night!!! :tired:

Well good night and again please all have a happy holiday!

Tani
10-31-2005, 11:23 AM
Sending good thought your way, Flower.

I really like Jack as well. You have to be prepared for a wild child if you pick that name though, Jacks are powerful. Just think of all the stories with a hero named Jack.

Other halloween boy names... Edgar, Poe & Vincent :D

mauvaisroux
10-31-2005, 12:32 PM
Flower - sending good thoughts your way :goodvibes

Evilyn - maybe you are coming full circle and are supposed to be reconnecting with your past? :)

I'm planning a nice supper tonight and some reflective time candle lighting ritual after the last Trick or Treaters have gone. We did up the house last week and I see that a few of the neighbours have followed suit - they did not do anything last year - maybe we will be setting a new trend on our block :lol:

I am also planning on decorating the front porch for yule. I don't do the Santa thing or the Jesus thing so I will put up some garlands and holly berry and a few other items instead.

Happy Holiday everyone :) :) :)

Punkinseed
10-31-2005, 02:33 PM
My thoughts are with you Flower!

Terri :)

ajandpj99
10-31-2005, 03:24 PM
Flower - sending you my best vibes -

There are the more trendy halloween names like Mike (myers) or Ichabod (crane) or you could name a girl Jamie after miss curtis of Halloween movie fame or Johnny after mr depps appearancce in sleepy hollow.

Or Candy.

But Jack is good and so is Jackie.

flower
10-31-2005, 05:23 PM
We have heartbeat! Today is good. :D

Punkinseed
10-31-2005, 05:27 PM
Yeahhhhhh!!!!!!! Congratulations! So they were just looking too early last time! *whew* That is awsome! :cb:

On a related subject - I was told I have a meeting with my friend's midwife on 11/18 to discuss what my duties will be at my friend's home birth. She's due in December but could go any time after 11/16 (36 weeks). This will be the first time I've seen a baby born (besides on tv, of course) and I'm soooooo thrilled, excited and anxious! I just know I'll be the one weeping in the corner - except her husband's told me that part of my job is holding a leg - regardless, I'll be weeping!

Congrats again Flower on your little miracle! :bb:

Terri :wizard:

deleted2
10-31-2005, 08:53 PM
Great news, Flower! Blessings to you! :)

timmyshawn
11-01-2005, 06:58 AM
Congrats to you Flower! I am so happy for you. I know you must be thrilled to have seen the heartbeat!! Sooo with all boys are you hoping for a girl this time, or do you want another boy?

Tani
11-01-2005, 10:30 AM
Yay Flower!!

flower
11-01-2005, 10:39 AM
When we were ttc I wanted a girl more than anything. But after this scare, I am just so relieved to be pg, I will take a son in a heartbeat and be as happy as a clam.

mauvaisroux
11-01-2005, 11:45 AM
Great news Flower! Congratulations! :D

How about Edward (Edward Scissorhands); Vincent (Vincent Price); Clive (Clive Barker); or a Celtic name?

here is a fun link...http://home.comcast.net/~jeniphir/babynames.html

ajandpj99
11-02-2005, 02:54 PM
Alright! So happy for you Flower.

Here is a suggestion - babynames.com (I think that is right) anyway they tell you meanings of different names so you can choose based on the definition if you want.

Also etymonline.com gives the origin of most words and names.

All free of course and I am sure there are more = those are the ones I have knowledge of. :dizzy:

lizziness
11-02-2005, 11:51 PM
I keep forgetting about this forum! How sad for me.. I am totally missing out! So... congrats to flower. I bet you are so excited.
I hate to say it but the only names that come into my mind for haloween involve RHPS because it's always my ritual to watch that movie every year. Brad, Janet, Rocky... :) But then all those names are a little bit ... meh. I think I like Jack and Autumn best. I hope I don't offend anyone here, but I just hope for no McBabys. I don't know why it bugs me, maybe it's not a trend where you live but here everyone names their kid mcsomething and there are going to be so many mckenzies, mckennas, mckaylas going into kindergarten in a few years. I feel sorry for the teacher that has to keep it straight! I like those names - but not for every child born since 2000! *LOL*

Anyway, I know I'm late joining but I think if I had any deity coming to dinner I'd want to serve some kind of traditional harvest like meal - using in season veggies and maybe venison or roast of some kind as a main dish. And definately something chocolate for desert - chocolate is devine afterall. :) :)

I have totally gotten the star of david comment. Oh rather, I got the "gee, I didn't know you are jewish!" yeah, cause i'm not!!! :) It was weird, I've lived all up and down the west coast and here's what I've decided - where i lived in washington, people just thought i was jewish and i didn't bother to correct them. in california, people were very inquisitive and always asked questions and were very bold with it. Here in eugene, hippie capitol of the world, it's no big thing and nobody notices or says anything. YAY. That's what i prefer.
I used to have a boss who would constantly harrang me for "worshipping the devil" he drove me so nuts I finally stopped wearing my pentegram to work. My husband says he's okay with it, but I can tell it makes him uncomfortable... so I don't really practice anymore. I just quietly believe what I believe and that's fine with me. My family though was very accepting, moreso than when I was going to a christian church for a few years as a teen - boy they did not like that one bit. my dad actually said once "i thought we raised you better than that!" LMAO my parents were so weird and awesome. i was lucky.

mauvaisroux
11-03-2005, 12:15 PM
I can't believe your boss bothered you with that. I would have told him to stop or I would be filing a harrasment complaint based on his religious prejudice - that probably would have shut him up :lol: People can be so narrow minded and feel that they can express their beliefs but others can't express theirs :rolleyes:

I had a good laugh a while ago...we kept seeing people driving around with a silver metal Christian fish symbol on the back of their car. Then we saw the same thing on a car but it had feet and the work Darwin in the middle of the fish :lol: Then my smart aleck husband bought one at a gaming convention that was a fish with tentacles that said Cuthulu (sp?) on it - though I am sure a lot of people see it and don't get the H.P. Lovecraft reference :rofl:

lizziness
11-03-2005, 08:13 PM
hehe... cutulu.. that is awesome.

there were so many things wrong with that old job that a little bit of harassment was not a big deal, sadly. *L* so glad to be outta there.

how do you plan to decorate for yule? mom and i one year did an all natural tree - we were able to just stick it outside for the birds to eat off of when we were done with it. we did dried fruits and popcorn and it came out just awesome. if i ever have a house w/ room for a tree i'm totally going to do it agian. i am totally up for some new ideas for decorating.. especially since there will be no tree :)

timmyshawn
11-06-2005, 03:16 PM
Hmmm, Yule decorations... Well we have our Yule log. We made it out of a piece of a tree that was blown down by the hurricane a couple if years ago. We don't have a fireplace so we used candles instead. We made holes in the log just big enough to fit taper candles in them (3 of them) and we used ribbon on the ends and hot glued some faux flowers in the center around the candles. It came out very nice. Also Dd#1 and Dh and myself (the other kids are still too small) always make paper snowflakes and decorate them with glitter and hang them from the ceiling by thread at different lengths so that it looks like they're falling. Last year i made a pentacle wreath. I used a recipe for a salt dough that hardens up and shaped it and attached it to an embroidery hoop and painted it and decorated the outside of the hoop with evergreen boughs(fake ones so that we could put it up again this year)and holly berries that were made from the dough also and painted red. We also do "stained glass" window decorations in different shapes with crayon shavings and wax paper and a hot iron. I do a natural tree outside for the animals with popcorn and nuts and berries that we pick up at the store. We always do so much it's hard to think of it all. That's my favorite time of year to decorate and do crafts and stuff. What is everyone else doing?

mauvaisroux
11-07-2005, 10:36 AM
I love your decorating ideas! :D

I think we will put up some lights and decorate the front porch with some evergreen and holly. We bought a lovely wreath last year that was made of twigs and sprayed silver and glitter and had red berries on it - very pretty against our red door - we will put that up again this year.

ajandpj99
11-07-2005, 11:20 AM
Wow! Such industriousness. I am still getting my mind around the time change. :dizzy:

I love to decorate for the Winter Season - we always get a fresh tree from hills behind our house - they are more open and wild looking.

Then I cut cedar and fir boughs from our trees - mix in some wild holly from the driveway and lay all that beneath the big bay window that the tree goes in front of.

I have a collection of sugar pine cones (the big ones that are open and more round) I put several in the tree - stashed like easter eggs and then toss the rest around the living room.

I used to do lights and things outside but you cant see our house from the road now so I just do the tree and some lights around the window.

My decorating is technically Christmas - but since all the finatical Christians say all the decor has nothing to do with Christ - I guess I am truley celebrating the winter solstice or YULE. I also collect ornaments that have a nostalgic or old fashioned appeal or that are just cool and unique. We have 1 for every year we have been together - that is our big tradition. Some years we have made ornaments when we cant find the perfect one to buy - we generally try to pick something that commemorates something special about that year.

I love the idea of a outdoor tree for the animals - I thiink I will dig out some more pine cones - I know where there is a big sack and then whip up some suet/bird seed mix and you coat the cones with it - attach a small wire or twist tie - then hang them all over the yard as natural bird feeders.

Tani
11-07-2005, 01:15 PM
It's way too early for me to think about decorating for Yule. I'm still in Fall cleaning mode. I want to get a whole bunch more decluttering done before I do any decorating. While I've been getting my body into shape this last year my house has really packed on some clutter :o

ajandpj99
11-07-2005, 02:01 PM
I hear ya Tani - my house is a disaster - I have never been suzi homemaker but ever since we moved here - everything is in chaos - either still in boxes or mixed up and disorganized. I had tons stored in the little trailer till auntie moved in in March - then most of it went to the shed - badly - the rest came over here and I only just found the living room floor a week ago - sad - that I would love company this holiday but my house is too scary. Working on changing that though - need to manage time better just like my eating - need to plan it out.

mauvaisroux
11-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Trish - what a lovely tradition! :)

My mum and I were in a store the other day looking a Christmas decorations. She asked me if I was celebrating "Christ - mass" or doing the Santa thing since it will be the first time we will be decorating our home (We moved in last November and didn't have time to decorate properly last December) and I said I was doing neither. She then piped up with "or are you doing that Solstice thing"? HA! You should have seen the look on the cashier's face! :rofl:

ajandpj99
11-07-2005, 02:37 PM
Mine is a combo of all 3. I appreciate the basic message of the first Christmas - lovely story - just not going to run my life by it. I also have a fetish for Christmas music - all those jolly carols - mostly I just love how twinkly and sparkley everything is - more Santaesque - speaking of which - The Polar Express is coming to DVD - yeah! And I love all kinds of decor - woodsy homemade looking, fancy victorian, cheesy fringe and bangles - all of it.

Roaring fires, and mistletoe and wreathes and snow.

There is a sentimental feeling that says family this time of year - at least for me - since our family good sized. Unfortunately this will be the first year ever that I wont see my family on Christmas due to us living so far away and Allen has to leave for the road on Sun (Christmas Day). So that kinda sucks and I think my aunt is going to portland in DEC and staying until new years - not sure she may be back by Christmas - we'll see. I may end up alone on Christmas night - major downer - but I will be on vacation too so that is a plus!

mauvaisroux
11-07-2005, 03:20 PM
I love the feeling of the holiday season, the lights, the music and the get togethers with family and friends. It's funny, I'm not Christian but two of my favorite songs are Ave Maria and O Holy Night (until I heard the Cartman from Southpark version :lol: ).

I also love Elvis' Blue Christmas, All I want for Christmas is you, and of course Bing Crosby singing White Christmas. Yes, I enjoy cheesey Christmas songs :lol:

ajandpj99
11-07-2005, 05:15 PM
The funniest part is that (and you will never get a die hard Christian to admit it) but Christmas Carols even Gospel Hymns are basically just chants that have a catchy tune.

And all the rituals of the holiday even in religious circles - the incense, the latin - and yet they say that witchcraft is wrong - when really it isnt the rituals or the chanting - but who you are chanting to or for that bugs them.

Ah well - just shows that the more diverse you are the more fun you get to have by being able to blend traditions into something that makes you happy.

Yeah for us.

Now you have me ready to break out the Christmas Decor and it isnt even Thanksgiving yet - 1 holiday at a time.

:carrot:

mauvaisroux
11-08-2005, 09:36 AM
We have Thanksgiving in October up here in Canada so we are setting up for Christmas now :lol:

hathor6
11-17-2005, 02:14 AM
Okay, I am not really a pagan. More like a Deist (believes in a godhead but don't assign myself to a particular religion). However, I am a interested in all things Metaphysical (Native American and Ancient Egyptian spirituality), divination and Chaos Magick.

More about me...

I am mostly vegetarian, not because I hate eating animals but my Native American p.o.v. is that animal flesh is only suppose to be eaten when you extremely lack nutrients from eating a mostly plant diet. I don't like meat to be eaten all the time, treating flesh as produce. I only eat flesh on holidays and try to avoid it as much as possible during the year. I might be hanging around the Vegetarian boards around here.

I am trying to lose weight by bellydancing. Being diligent about it by putting in long hours. I have 4 bellydancing dvd and I am going to learn all of the dance routines! I would like to become a professional caberet (turkish) and egyptian style bellydancer.

I don't have much to say about myself, except that I am currently unemployed and don't know what to do with myself career-wise at age 30. Ha! I loved getting my Art history degree years ago, but there aren't too many jobs I can use that degree with now. My last job was retail in cosmetics and I hated it so much that it stressed me out terribly. I have a huge ezcema patch on my back because of it (ezcema is stress related skin ailment).

Actually, if it wasn't for money issues, I like being unemployed. I love not having to go to work and I can visit my elderly family members anytime. I love being in the house. I can't believe it. Especially since I grew up being a hardcore "women oughta work outside the home" feminist.

I think I want to become a housewife. *LOL* Be my own mini-Martha Stewart. I ain't kidding.

hathor6
11-17-2005, 02:15 AM
I am sorry. I thought I posted in the meet and greet thread.

ajandpj99
11-28-2005, 09:28 AM
Just checking in. How is everyone?

:D

mauvaisroux
11-28-2005, 11:10 AM
Still around :lol: I've been really busy at work these days - to the point of exhaustion. I've been really stressed and waking up in the middle of the night thinking about work - AGH! :yikes: Not sleeping well is not helping either :(

I have been trying to relax at home but then get stressed out because the dishes/laundry/housework is not getting done :rolleyes:

I finally decided to book a day off and did absolutely nothing - slept in, took a "spa bath", did my nails, read a book, took a nap - it was great! :cloud9:
I think I need to do this more often :D

Welcome Hathor - I bellydance too - I do cabaret and gypsy style. :)

Cyl53
12-02-2005, 09:02 AM
Yule is a wonderful time of the year. I have a large log that I saved from a tree being cut down. I set it up on my deck and put greenery around it and a gnome with some holiday trimming. It's my way of bringing the woods to my home and honoring nature. I celebrate Christmas with my family, too. My Mother is about the only one who knows I'm a practicing wiccan. The rest of my family just wouldn't understand. So, I am on both sides of the fence sometimes to accommodate family.

Cyl53 (My wiccan name is Checkerberry).

Tani
12-02-2005, 10:35 AM
It feels like yule around here (Seattle area) because we're having freak snow showers this week. We didn't really get any snow last year, so I'm enjoying it. Okay, perhaps not so much yesterday as I was slogging downtown on my bike through the slush, getting splashed by all the big trucks. But it was nice to have a pretty couple of inches on the ground once I made it home :D