Support Groups - Time For Serious Fun #114

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #114

gma22
09-28-2005, 08:14 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today

gma22
09-28-2005, 08:19 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes a day we can complain about anything!

Amanda YEAH!!!! (It won't let me open the other smileys for some reason)

Carri: glad you had fun and it always seems like the photographer is the one that screws up weddings when something goes wrong. Why is that???

Julie: I admire you getting back up on the horse and getting into a routine again! You go girl!

My woe today is UGH I turned 52 today. The number isn't so painful I guess but to think your life is half over is a little depressing! :lol: But I have friends and family that remembered me today so that is always nice. Actually, I am waiting for 4 packages to come for me. Ain't the mailman going to love me! He hates to get out of his truck! :lol:

Have a great day girls and stay out of trouble!

Faye :)

Mirabelly
09-28-2005, 12:03 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FAYE!!

:hb: :cb: :cp: :balloons: :balloons:

No woes today really, except I'm either developing allergies or getting a head cold. BLEH....

I took the day off the gym today bec. I have to teach 2 dance classes tonight and it was just murder last week trying to do that on top of a gym workout. GOt 4 points yesterday.

Gotta fly, Everyone behave today!
Julie

Amanda Panda
09-28-2005, 02:35 PM
:hb: HAPPY BIRTHDAY FAYE!! - 52 YEARS YOUNG! :hb:

Hope you are having a lovely day and are getting thoroughly spoiled!

I got 4 points yesterday!

My Weds woe is I am having a 'fat day' today - I've just come back from my evening cycle class and everyone there was a skinny minny and I felt huge! Sometimes I can really tell I've slimmed down, but on days like today I still feel like a big lump. I'm not going to get down about it though - I am just going to keep on pressing forward and shifting those pounds.

JULIE - I think you are right to have a day off from the gym - the dance classes are enough exercise for anyone!

Hi to Carri and Susan

Love Amanda x

gma22
09-29-2005, 08:06 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time For Us Thursday. Take an hour and do something special just for you today.

Julie :bravo:
Amanda :bravo:

Thank you for the lovely birthday wishes. Jack took me out to dinner last night, which was nice. I got an I Love Lucy clock for my kitchen from my son and dil and my sister sent me a papertowel holder, canisters, and mug holder in the same Lucy pattern for my kitchen. A girlfriend who sells Home Interior sent me lovely candles. So, I had a very nice birthday this year. I received some beautiful cards too.

Amanda: We all have those fat days. I chalk them up to menopause emotions so just chalk them up to PMS! :lol: Doesn't matter if you are pmsing or not, blame it anyway! :lol: Just keep what you are doing and soon you will be one of those skinny minnys. Most importantly remember you are beautiful NOW!!!!!

Hope you all are having a great day. I got to get with it. I didn't do my cleaning yesterday so have double to do today! Gotta go!

Hello to all our missing ladies!

Satine
09-29-2005, 11:22 AM
Hi all ... Today is my birthday, Faye I keep forgetting that our birthdays are a day apart ... you are 52 and now I am 32 ... my how time flies ...dh and db are taking me out tonight for my birthday and I am taking tomorrow off to just relax after the trauma :lol:

So Faye happy belated Birthday !!! Glad you had a good one ...

Amanda - We all have those fat days, I am having one today as it is TOM this week ... no watching my diet today, it is my birthday and TOM so I am pigging out !!!!

Julie - Hope you feel better, alot of colds going around here lately.

Hi to everyone else, have a good day!!!

Amanda Panda
09-29-2005, 01:24 PM
:hb: HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARRI !! :hb:

Have a very happy 32nd birthday - hope it is full of thrills, spills, laughs and games!

I got another 4 points yesterday. I've still not shifted that extra pound I've put on, but I'm sure it is going to come off any day now!

FAYE - Glad you enjoyed your day and got lots of lovely pressies! :gift:

Nothing else to report here,

Love Amanda x

gma22
09-30-2005, 07:39 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Friday Follies. Share with us your latest cooking disaster!

Carri: Belated happy birthday! I was supposed to get a birthday alarm on you, but I forgot to change e-mails with them. I apologize. Hope you had a wonderful birthday!!!!! :hb: :gift: :hat: :balloons:

It actually turned chilly overnight, but I am not complaining. Maybe it will cool off now permanently for fall. I hope so as I want to combine treadmill with outdoor walking. I am still not in the groove, but I am getting there! :lol:

Have a great day girls and hope all goes well for you!!!!

**my last cooking disaster is not really a disaster, just lumps in gravy and I strained them out.**

gma22
10-01-2005, 07:13 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday so let's try to all have a very good day!

I see no one was in here yesterday so I have no points to give out.

We have a soccer game in just a couple hours so I had to get up early and get all my chores done before I can get cleaned up to go. I have to run. I will try and check in again later

gma22
10-02-2005, 07:34 AM
No Silly Poll This week

Have a good day girls

choirgeek
10-02-2005, 09:49 PM
hey guys..mind if I join in? I don't have that much free time, but once a day should suffice.

where do we post info? I'm new...

good luck everybody

gma22
10-03-2005, 08:11 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is fruits and veggies. A lot of us seem to be lax on the fruits and veggies. Let's try to include the proper amount everyday in our diet for good health and weight loss. Especially include green leafy veggies. For fruit, citrus and apples are good sources of fiber and strawberries are good vitamin C choices. Also, though high in sugar, a banana is loaded with potassium and needed for all that exercise.

Choir: You are more than welcome here. Just post right here what you would like us to know about you. I kind of administer the thread making sure we have topics everyday, giving out points and moving to new thread #'s when we get to around #45 or so.

About me: I just turned 52 have two grown children, Jack who is 32 and married and Kelly who is 28 married and has given us a grandson named Thomas. I stay at home and work on all kinds of projects. Right now I am getting knitting done for Christmas. My husband and I have been married 33 years and he is the love and light of my life. We are lovers of Las Vegas and make that an annual pilgimage. We have a cat named Butterscotch and a Yorkie named Fortune and as you can see, we live in the south.

Everyone have a great day and I will check in later today to see if there is any action. I have talked to myself for 3 days running! :lol:

Marsha, Scuzin, Nikki, where are you guys? SusanVa, Hope dh is improving everyday.

Faye ;)

Amanda Panda
10-03-2005, 01:31 PM
Hi all,

Sorry you've been talking to yourself Faye - I've not been near the computer for a few days.

I have been doing fine and have finally shifted that last pound I put on - making it a 7lb loss for the month. I also measured my inches today and have lost another 6 inches, making a total of 50 inches lost! So that is 50lb and 50 inches lost since January 1st (although I didn't start taking my measurements till February). I am going to aim to lose 8lb in October.

I could have lost more weight if I was a bit more disciplined with my eating, but on the whole I am happy with how I am doing. You all know me from when I couldn't lose more than 10lb before piling it all back on, so 50lb is fantastic! I want to carry on chipping away at it as I am not yet even half way there - realistically it looks like it will take me another year from now to reach goal if I continue to lose at the rate I am. But that is fine - by the beginning of Summer next year I will be not too far off goal which is great! So I feel motivated to knuckle down over Winter and hope I don't lose the plot entirely over Christmas which is what I usually do - but at least I am exercising now which has made all the difference.

Choir - hello and welcome to our group - if you can pop in once a day that will be great as we are very low on numbers at the moment and poor Faye ends up talking to herself all day! My name is Amanda, I am 32 years old and live in the north of the UK. I am not working at the moment, but am currently keeping busy with a computer course, voluntary work (to start soon) and going to the gym 6 days a week. I am a Christian. I currently live with my ex partner (it's a long story) and my cat, Marley. Hope to get to know you well - tell us all about yourself!

FAYE - Are you managing to get back on track yet?

Hi to Carri, Julie, Susan

Love Amanda x

gma22
10-04-2005, 07:56 AM
TUESDAY: Today is target tuesday and our target this week is our "weak" spot. That one food or drink you have trouble giving up. This week think about not only giving it up if the calories and fat just come at too high a price or at least changing it some, like lower sugar soda over the full stuff, or homemade pizza over store or restaurant bought Give it a try and I bet you will see results in just a week or so.

Amanda: No, truthfully I am still struggling. I am having a lot of health issues again and though that cannot be used as an excuse, it does muck things up a bit. I am going at this one thing at a time to get back on track so don't give up on me! :)

If we could just get a break in the heat for the fall, I could get out and walk and get on my treadmill, but I get up with Jack at 5:15 AM and it has been in near 80 and at least 87% humidity at that time of the morning. I can't get out and walk at 6 because it is still dark around here and I am not THAT stupid to go out in this area in the dark. The house doesn't get below 85 even at night and especially where the treadmill is. We only have 2 windows downstairs that open, the rest are permanent like picture windows. Those two face towards the courtyard and have huge bushes all along their front so it is useless to even open them. My front door is solid glass and wrought iron and doesn't have windows and my back door can't be opened much either because of the flies from the trash next door right now. It is supposed to be cooling off by the weekend I hope so maybe I can really get out and get some good walking in and treadmill work done later this week. I sure hope so. You know me, exercise was my one strong point.

Everyone have a great day today.

Faye ;)

Amanda Panda
10-04-2005, 11:29 AM
hello,

I got 2 points yesterday - my food has been wobbly again for a couple of days. The problem is I have been struggling with low mood for a week or so, I think because of the onset of winter and there is less sunshine - this is leading me to comfort eat. Yesterday I was really silly because I had a great workout at the gym and was feeling really good, but then I bought a whole bag of chocolates on my way home, mainly because they were so cheap! The bag is so big (about 30 chocs) that I couldn't eat them all yesterday, so my bad eating has just been carried over to yet another day! :rollpin: I know I should just throw them out, but I can't bring myself to do it!

Anyway, on a more positive note - I've just booked myself in to a new class this evening at the gym called 'fat burner'. I was going to have the day off, but it is 4.30pm now and I am feeling bored and low and I think a good old aerobic workout will give me a lift! I am pleased that I have realised that sitting around feeling miserable is not waht I need and have decided to get off my butt and do something about it!

FAYE - I'll never give up on you hon - we've all been there and know that you'll sort yourself out when the time is right. We all know you can shift your weight big style when you set your mind to it. Maybe a drop in temperature will help you - stop your allergies etc? When does it finally cool down where you are? You should live here - we have 9 months of winter, or that's what it feels like! :lol:

Must go and get ready for my class - I need to work off those chocolates!

Love Amanda x

Satine
10-04-2005, 01:35 PM
Afternoon All ... got a 4 pointer yesterday :dizzy: , went to the gym after work, still liking the gym and still getting my butt kicked...other than that not much is going on with me ...

Faye - Yes I know it has been miserably hot here still as well, in October even !!! BUT, they say it is going to be in the 60's from like Thurs - Sunday so that is going to be great!! I cannot wait, I love cool weather, I say cool not cold... :lol: I know you will get back on even if it takes a while so do not worry, I went through the same thing for like 4 months at the beginning of this year so you are not the only one...

Amanda - I too have a weakness for chocolate, sometimes I think you and I are fighting the same battle, the love of pizza and chocolates, ha ha :lol: Hope you start to feel better ( mentally ) ... I know how it is to get down and out ...

Hi to everyone, will check in later!!

QuilterInVA
10-04-2005, 01:48 PM
Happy belated birthday to Carrie and Faye! I'm way behind again. Just overloaded at work with the database rewrite and all. My husband is doing better. I hope this round of antibotics has killed all the bad stuff finally.

We had Fall Festival Saturday and Sunday. It's a huge juried craft show and fair food, entertainment, and a heritage section where all kinds of things are demonstrated. Our quilt guild demonstrates quilting and sets up a quilt display. I worked Sunday and it was wonderful - just warm enough. Thousand attend. Only junk I surcombed to was the funnel cake - my once-a-year treat.

gma22
10-05-2005, 07:57 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes so feel free to unload your problems today girls!

Carri :bravo:
Amanda :dancer:

Boy do I have a woe today. I belong to a book club and they have my account so messed up I can't figure it out. They currently have two placed orders, one with 4 books and one with 2 books, they have charged me for the two book order, in fact I paid for one of the books already as it was shipped separately, and one they said was shipped back at my enrollment, which it wasn't and I tried to make sure they didn't double bill or ship to me and got no where with that one. Now, they said on 9/27 they shipped a book which I have received part of the small order then I received an e-mail last night they shipped the book on 10/3! Of course, they CHARGED MY ACCOUNT on 9/27 for the darn book. I can't get them to send me a total invoice listing from my enrollment on so I can see what they have done. The online account is a mess as some of the orders, which have been filled show as being back ordered, they are not invoiced but they have charged me. It is a total mess and I can't get them to answer my ?? so I have about had it with them.

I am hoping in the next day or so we have the fall cool down they are talking about. We could sure use it. It was in the mid 90's yesterday!

SusanVa: Glad you dh is doing a bit better and eating now. I love craft fairs, festivals and what not but dh hates them so we rarely go. Actually, I know he doesn't like them so I don't ask because I know he would take me.

Carri: I take it your dh has had no recurring problems with his back since he had the steroid shots? How is your doggy?

Amanda: Chocolate is absolutely my downfall. I love it unfortunately. I think we all have the "clean your plate" mentality that disallows us to throw stuff out. I have a hard time just tossing stuff I bought then decide I really shouldn't have. Mother's teachings have a strong hold on kids and carry them through life. Just get back on track and you will be fine!

I am going to try and stay op today and water, though my exercise may be limited still to cleaning projects.

Have a good day girls!

Faye ;)

Amanda Panda
10-05-2005, 11:19 AM
Hi all,

I got 2 points yesterday - thankfully the chocolates are now finished (I ate about 20 yesterday! :o ) so I can get back to eating healthily for the rest of the month. I haven't had a very good start to October - but it is only the 5th today so it's not too late to get back in control.

I am so glad I got myself out of the house yesterday evening and tried that new 'fat burner' gym class - it was such fun! It was old style aerobics but constantly moving your arms whilst holding light hand weights, so it was quite a tough workout. The last time I did a proper aerobics class I was 17!! I managed to keep up all the way through, which shows how much fitter I am - and it really lifted my mood which made me feel alot brighter.

FAYE - Sorry about your problems with the book club - hope you can get it sorted soon. It's such a pain having to 'do battle' with these sorts of companies isn't it - it really gets you down!

CARRI - Yes, we do tend to have the same food cravings don't we?- but at least we are both on track MOST of the time (or some of the time in my case!) Glad you are still enjoying the gym. When you are a bit more settled in and feeling fitter, I'd definately recommend trying a few different classes. I get a bit bored with the gym machines every day so am now doing 2 cycle classes, 1 fat burner class and 3 gym workouts - it helps keep things interesting!

SUSAN - Glad dh seems to be responding to the antibiotics. Your fall fair sounds lovely, glad you enjoyed it.

I expect JULIE is having so much fun at the gym that she hasn't had time to pop in and see us! ;)

Love Amanda x

gma22
10-06-2005, 07:42 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so take some time and do something you love to do for you today!

Amanda: I am so proud of you! You have conquered a lot of fears in the last year and put yourself out there so that you might be healthy and fit again. It takes a lot of courage to do so and I now you are really starting to reap the benefits now.

Yahoo, the weather is supposed to cool by tomorrow so maybe I can get my behind out and start walking again. Get good food into the house and start making the choices I should make. It is stupid really considering how quickly I lose when I am behaving myself. It is selfish of me to NOT do it.

I watched a program about extreme morbid obesity last night. It was a wholem what they called, retirement community of patients that weigh over 500 lbs and a lot are confined to their beds etc. One woman had lost a significant amount, but her legs looked like elephant's and she was going in for surgery to try and get the huge amount of skin off them so she could walk again. This woman was quite attractive and I felt sorry for her not being able to walk. Another man had been communicating with Richard Simmons for 9 years and Richard made a surprise visit to see him and the other residents. He was certainly the big celebrity there. I think the president could have come along and Richard would still have been in the spotlight. He just really cares for people especially those who don't care for themselves. You say to yourself, "How can they let themselves get that way?" But we ALL know, we are just one step from going over the edge and being where they are. We have to learn to control those impulses that have long been imprinted in our brains and that is not easy to do. I am a perfect example of that. I have gained a lot of my weight back now and the only reason truly is because I am letting my thoughts control me instead of the other way around.

Everyone have a wonderful day and let's strive to be at goal by Christmas of 2006! Wouldn't it be great to have every person here be at goal weight by Christmas of next year? We can do it if we try!

Faye ;)

Amanda Panda
10-06-2005, 07:46 AM
Hi all,

Just me again - not like you to not pop in early Faye - hope you are okay!

I am happy to report a 4 point day yesterday. I started to feel a bit ill again yesterday evening - dizzy, nauseaous and a bit short of breath, so I think I still have that bug hanging around. I just wish it would either come or go! So I'm taking a rest day from the gym today as I think I probably need it.

Hope everyone is well and happy (and OP)

Love Amanda x

Satine
10-06-2005, 01:48 PM
Hi Everyone ... had a 4 pointer yesterday, burned 252 calories in a half hour on the elyptical machine so I was pleased, but boy was I tired afterwards.
My goal is to stay totally OP until Halloween, then for Halloween night I want to have pizza and halloween candy :lol: so that is my goal ...

Faye - It is so much cooler here today, how about down where you are? It is going to be around 70 or so here today and then starting tomorrow and through the weekend it is going to be in the mid to high 60's, yay !!!!! I love the cooler weather, ya know ... so I hope it is cooler down there so you can start exercising...I hear ya on the rapid weight loss when you first go back on, I know you can do this !!!!! Oh and also thanks for asking about my dh, his back is doing really well, I pray daily that he never has to go through that kind of pain again ...well and next time we will get to the DR when the pain actually starts, not letting it get worse and worse for 6-8 months...and the doggy is fine, spoiled and rotten !! :lol:

Amanda - Yes take a day off from the gym if you are feeling badly, hope you feel better soon ...what is the time difference where you are? Like right now it is 12:46 here, what time do you have?

Julie, Susan/Va, and everyone - have a good OP day!!!! :D

QuilterInVA
10-06-2005, 02:06 PM
Faye, sounds like a plan to me - I've messed around with the same 5 pounds for months now.

One thing I know is I do not reward myself for anything with food, especially staying on my food plan. That is self-defeating. We have to break the connection to food and anything other than nourishing our body with it. If we use it for rewards or comfort or because we are bored, etc. we are asking for trouble - and more pounds. Let's see if we can come with with alternative ways.

dh continues to do better and he's eating fairly good again.

We are now officially in a drought - supposed to get a little rain from the tropical storm tomorrow.

Have a good day!

Amanda Panda
10-06-2005, 02:30 PM
Our posts must have crossed Faye - thanks for being proud of me. You are right, I am trying new things alot more - it all started witht that first trip to the pool when I could hear your voice in my ears saying 'do it!'!! :lol: And, I've never looked back really!

CARRI - When you posted it said 6.48pm - so you are 6 hours behind me!

LOve Amanda x

gma22
10-07-2005, 05:54 AM
FRIDAY: Today if Fabulous Friday Follies and our folly this week is, what is the dumbest thing you ever did on a date?

Carri :bravo:

Morning gals and hope you are going to have a good one today. I have to take my doggy to the vet for his annual and to get a baby tooth pulled that never fell out. I also need to go to the store and get something for dinner as I need to go to the commissary tomorrow and do my regular shopping. Think I will get something to put on the grill tonight.

It cooled down significantly last night. Enough that I even got cold, which is a welcome change. Wish I could cuddle with Jack but with Fortune and the fat cat between us that is near impossible! :( It is like having two toddlers living in the house.

I laid in bed this morning after having gone to the bathroom and thought about what I want to do with regards to my overall plan. I know I need to go back to basics like food journaling etc and that is what I am going to do. I am going to get a notebook to keep track of my exercise, water and food so I know that I will stay on track. I am going to get proper food tomorrow at the commissary including GOOD snacks for me. I am going to have to get off soft drinks again, which for some reason is terribly hard for me until I get it out of my system. It is my cocaine of choice. All I have to do is develop a routine and I stick to it and that is what I am going to do.

Everyone have a super day today and remember to smile at someone today

Faye ;) (oh and as far as the folly, I really only dated a time or two before Jack but the dumbest thing I ever did was talk the man into taking me to the ice capades (we had tickets) in a driving snow storm than got home late and I had to face the ire of my grandfather next morning. Of course, that is the night he proposed so it didn't turn out all bad! :)

Mirabelly
10-07-2005, 09:07 AM
Hi everyone!

Sheesh, what a mess I've been---I skipped the gym last wed. because of my 2 dance classes that night. Then I proceeded to skip Thurs & Fri to get ready for an 18th century event that weekend. Then I got sick and TOM and skipped everyday this week. I finally went back yesterday, but my eating has been terrible! I can't go today cuz the kids are home from school....sigh.

Anyway, I have to get an article turned in today--so I can't stay around long. Just wanted to let you all know I'm thinking about you. I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row with this weight thing. I'm so freakin' tired of it. I read my journal from over the winter last year....I had plotted out a 5 pound per month loss and I would have reached goal by last month!!!! GRRR, I'm so mad at myself.

Oh well. I'll keep plugging away.
Welcome Choir! and You all have a great weekend!

Julie

Satine
10-07-2005, 11:11 AM
Morning All ... hope you are all doing well, I am great, considering it is going to be a nice cool weekend with nothing to do, just relaxing !!!

Faye - So glad that it cooled off for you... good luck on your new program, I will be rooting for you ... I know exactly what you mean with the soft drinks, if I start on them I am hooked, I do LOVE my Pepsi ...

Julie - Great to hear from you, do not beat yourself up about what could have been with the weight loss, just get your butt in gear going forward, time is a wasting !!!

Amanda - Wow for some reason I thought there would be more of a time difference for some reason...

Friday Follies - It is hard to remember all the stupid things that I did on a date ... I would probably say it would have been going out with this guy who drove me to a corn field and then tried to get me to, well ya know ... anyhow I ended up kicking him out of the car and locking the doors and then driving off and leaving him in the corn field, I would say though that was probably a smart thing I did on a date, ha ha :lol: I wasnt that kind of a girl...yet....ha :lol:

Have a good weekend everyone!!!

Amanda Panda
10-07-2005, 02:17 PM
Hello all,

I got 3 points yesterday - I am glad I took a day off from the gym yesterday as I feel alot better today. Last night I had a massive pizza craving, but I managed to talk myself out of it. I asked myself 'what do I really want (and not Pizza!) and decided to make a lovely shepherds pie with mashed swede and veg - lovely winter comfort food. It took about an hour to cook, but it was lovely! I am having a good food day today - my emotions are telling me I want to comfort eat, but I am keeping them in check as I really need to rein in my eating. I have lost and gained the same 3lb over the last 3 weeks - the scales were up again this morning, hence the reason for me trying to be more disciplined! I am definately having trouble getting myself over the 50lb lost mark - but I will do it and I won't look back!

FAYE - I write a food journal every day - I write down everything I eat and take the calories away from my 1600 total. I also write down how many portions of fruit and veg I have and how many glasses of water, aswell as recording my exercise and how I am feeling on that day. It is a pain to write in it every day, but I know that when I don't write in it my calories creep up without me even realising it! I try to buy a bookeeping book which has columns already marked, but I couldn't get one this time so am having to get my ruler out!

JULIE - Don't worry about one bad week, we all have them. At least you went back today!

CARRI - Enjoy your relaxing weekend doing nothing - hope it doesn't go by too fast!

Have a great weekend

Love Amanda x

gma22
10-08-2005, 08:14 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday so share your funny sunny stories with us!

Amanda :cp:

Not much going on in my part of the world. It has cooled off now so I am going to be able to get exercise in as long as it stays this way. I haven't decided whether or not to go out to the commissary today or tomorrow. Jack had to go out to the plant at 11 PM last night and the phone woke me when they called, so I got up and sat and watched tv until he got home. It is so desolate out there where he works, it makes me nervous for him to be going out there at night so I can't sleep when he has to go in and work overtime. I was then up and down all night going to the bathroom so I am pretty whipped this morning.

We just had a new Target open here and today is the grand opening so I might meander over there to see if there are any good deals. I went over there yesterday to get cards and wrapping paper. Jack's bday is Monday and my son's is the 22nd so I got them cards, then got a baby shower card and paper for my niece's blanket, which thank goodness I finally finished and shipped to my sister to take to her shower. I bought one of those packing boxes to put it in and had another box that was big enough to put that box in, but I taped the packing box upside down so the bottom was the top! DUH! Only I could be so dumb! I can't believe how expensive cards are. I bet I spent $20 on the three cards, one sheaf of wrapping paper and a bow. I like to make my own cards, but my printer down here is out of colored ink and I ran out of cards to print so had to buy some. UGH!

Well, need to finish chores and I may go back to bed for awhile too. Have a wonderful Saturday everybody!

Amanda Panda
10-08-2005, 04:34 PM
hello,

I'm just popping in so Faye isn't talking to herself all weekend!

I got 4 points yesterday.

Nothing else to report really - sorry to be so dull!

Love Amanda x

gma22
10-09-2005, 08:00 AM
SUNDAY: Toda is Silly Poll Sunday and our silly poll this week is, What is the sexiest part of a man't body (keep it clean gals :lol: )?

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. We didn't even leave the house yesterday. I put off going to the bump and grind store until today. I do so hate having to shop for groceries!

Amanda: Thanks for peeking in. I do feel like I am posting to ghosts on the weekends, but everyone has a busy life and I understand that. I know that if I don't get in here, people will wonder what happened. It is hard enough keeping the thread from bombing out anymore so I try to do my best.

I have always thought the sexiest part of a man is his hands. If he has ugly hands, then..... I know that is kind of dumb but ugly hands are a real turn off for me and I ALWAYS will look at a celebrities hands like on a talk show or something. Goofy, huh?

Well, chores await me before I go to the store. It opens up at 10 on Sundays and I want to get in and get out.

Have a great day girls!

Faye ;)

gma22
10-10-2005, 07:48 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is to find those elusive 4pters. Let's work hard to get some 4 pters on the thread this week for each one of us!

My husband and I discussed our dieting woes last night together and we decided to BOTH go on the Nutrisystem program even though it is sort of expensive. I have to split it up between two paydays so I am putting him on it first next payday as he has a cardiologist appt right before Thanksgiving so I want to get 20 lbs off him by then if possible. I will follow two weeks later and until then, will follow my old program. I think it will be easier for us right now to have prepared food that we can take with us like on trips etc and just warm in the microwave. We don't have to discuss what we want, we can each pick out our food for dinner, no leftovers, NO eating out! This way we can take our food with us at Thanksgiving and eat at my son's rather than out to eat every night. We will still have a night out with friends and Thanksgiving, but it is better than a week of eating out and eating donuts etc for breakfast. In the mean time, I can work on behavior modification issues that long have need to be addressed and put to rest for ever. I am up and going this morning pretty well and hope to do well for the day even with it being Jack's bday and there being bday cake tonight. I will NOT succumb! lol I have gotten rid of all soft drinks and am back on water and iced tea exclusively and will get out and walk in a little while when the sun is up then do some treadmill stuff this evening if I can. I am miserable, having small health issues that effect the quality of life and made a promise to myself that I didn't keep. I cannot look back however, but strive to make myself better for the future. I have two years until my next class reunion and want to be at 145-150 by than, which is totally reachable. I want to be down 100 lbs by next Vegas vacation, which is a little under a year away and I can do that also. Wish me luck gals, I am going to need all the help I can get to get back in the groove again!

Have a great day!

QuilterInVA
10-10-2005, 04:52 PM
Sounds like a good plan, Faye. I highly recommed Dr. Phil's book for help on resolving issues that lead to eating. It is really helpful, even if you don't do his diet.

Tell Jack Happy BDay - mine as yesterday -64 so one more year until I am an old lady (not me!). My husband was feeling good so we went out to dinner. Had some great ginger steamed talipa with vegetables. People at work took me to Ruby Tuesday today (was not the best choice but I had a bacon cheeseburger and fries) and one of the girl's made me a ff, sf, low carb pumpkin cheesecake - really good, too.

I have to get back on track - have mid-November Doctor's appointment and want to be down 5 pounds by then.

gma22
10-10-2005, 06:30 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SUSAN!!!!! :hb: :hat: :gift: :woo: Glad you had a nice one! I will put you in my birthday alarm so I remember it next year!

I am doing great today! I did 1.25 mile walk today and am totally op and drinking my water so I may just get a 4 pt day out of this!

Well, my grandson should be here anytime, so I am going to get out of here. Hope everyone had a great day!

gma22
10-11-2005, 08:40 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our Target this week is FATS! No, that is not a dirty word. They are necessary to good health too. Make sure your program has some healthy fat in it (at least 20%) use canola oil, olive oil, reduced fat margarine, a little peanut butter, etc.

Faye :bravo: I know, shocking isn't it!

SusanVA: I have Dr Phil's book and tried his program and didn't like it, but I agree with his points all the way. Good luck on getting those 5#'s off. I know you can do it! Let me ask you something, now that you have lost all that weight (though I know it was awhile ago) is it hard to keep from gaining a lot back? Do you constantly have to be vigilent or do you think you have a handle on it all?

I actually did great yesterday. I even had a smidge of bday cake (it was german choc and I hate coconut thank goodness!). I am going to do treadmill work today I think as I want to just slob around the house until Jack gets home.

We had a great little birthday party last night. Thomas and I played Kerplunk and he beat my behind both games. We also played an alphabet game where he would call out a letter and we would have to name something beginning with that letter. He is doing really well in school. I guess he went to see the new Wallace and Grohmet movie on Sat and cried through part of it thinking Wallace was going to die. He is such a sweet little boy.

Well, the rest of the chores await as do my breakfast (a special K bar this morning) and the treadmill. Have a good day gals!
Faye ;)

QuilterInVA
10-11-2005, 10:22 AM
Faye, it is actually not too hard to maintain now. At first I had to be vigilant, probably for close to a year, but once I found the grove, my weight pretty much stays the same...I'd like it to be lower. I should say that I pretty much eat healthy - lots of veggies, a couple of servings of fruit, 3 dairy some protein. I snack on fruit, popcorn, sf ff pudding, sf jello. Maybe once or twice a month I'll have a small serving of sf ff ice cream or cookies. I really don't have a problem because once I got off the chips, sweets etc it no longer tastes very good to me so I feel no compulsion to eat them. If I absolutely must have something sweet, I'll have a SF hard candy.

Faye, you know you can do this. You have done it before and we are all here to root for you!

The important thing, I think, is to take small steps in achieving your end. Don't try to do everything at once or it becomes overwhelming. Get one new behavior down, and then work on the next one. Same with cutting back on junk foods, desserts, etc. - cut the portion in half then after awhile, cut it in half again, etc.

Amanda Panda
10-11-2005, 02:48 PM
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY SUSAN!!

:hb: :gift: :hat: :cp: :dance: :flow2: :dancer: :flow1: :woo:

It sounds like you had a good day - and hey, if you can't eat burger, fries and cheesecake on your birthday when can you? :shrug: :lol: It's great that dh was having a good day too and you were able to go out - I'm sure that really meant alot to you both.

Well, my eating has not been good (again) for a few days - I am seriously having trouble staying OP for more than a day or so. If I am not careful I am going to start seriously gaining weight - it's already at the stage where I haven't lost any for a few weeks. I have been really struggling with low mood, but eating badly always makes me feel worse so I need to sort it out. I need to get back to basics and also work on my discipline! I'll sort it out though - this has just been a little bump in the road, what with the change to winter and the consequent drop in my mood - I am not going to undo all that I've achieved though!

FAYE - I think it is GREAT that you are going to do this nutrisystem thing, and the fact that you are doing it together will really help. I think sometimes it helps to have all the food decisions made for you - everything will be prepared ready for you and it will help you to regulate your eating. It sounds tough - you will have to be very strong and disciplined to stick to it, but hey, even if you ate those meals 80% of the time and made your own choices for 20%, then I am sure that the weight will still really drop off. I think it is brilliant that you are making this commitment to your health - you sound really positive about it. It is also great that you have started back with your own programme while you wait till you can afford it - it is good preparation!

Hi to Carri and Julie!

Love Amanda x

gma22
10-11-2005, 03:41 PM
Well, I did a short treadmill and some weights today. Have to work back up to heavier treadmill. I can walk a distance in the neighborhood, but it is hard for me to do on the treadmill until I work up to it. I just did 1/4 mile and then 10 reps on the weights of about 7 exercises so that is getting that started again. I was just so tired this morning so I didn't get out to walk. I was up going to the bathroom 4 times last night so by 5 AM I was wrung out and stayed in bed until 7 AM or so.

I am doing well on food again and the lbs will be coming off within a week or so and that will make me happy. Actually, giving up soda and taking in more water with my diuretic has already made me lose lbs but it isn't far to count that I don't think! :lol:

You know I have been looking at emotional eating and I don't really do that. About the only thing I do like that is eat if I am bored so I am trying to keep myself busy during the day. If I am sad, mad, etc, I CLEAN! :lol: It may still be screwed up, but better to have an overly clean house than to be eating! :lol: I do have a lot of issues but they don't make me eat. I do know that like a lot of other fat women, I have a fear of being small I think. It is absolutely crazy and nuts but I know buried back in my brain is this rotten voice saying, "If you are small, then maybe you will become a big flirt, etc." My God! I absolutely adore my husband, think he is gorgeous, sexy and the best thing that ever happened to me, but I know that is one of the things I have to deal with. Unlike many of you, I have been a big girl my whole life. I don't necessarily mean, fat, but I have always been sort of a botticelli in my younger days. I mean, I weighed 185 lbs when I got married. I weighed 145 lbs when I was in 7th grade with big boobs, but I was amazingly naive so I didn't have boyfriends and anyone who showed an interest got the cold shoulder. With that being said, I think that the fact I have no reference with which to gage myself being small makes those thoughts lie there in my brain. It is something I have been working on for a long time and have to continue to do so. One BIG emotional issue I have is being deserving. I have to really get after myself about that one and you would think with a husband like mine, I wouldn't have that issue, but I do. I had a mother who criticized and never complimented, who basically threw away the two oldest because one was short and fat and the other tall and big with her favorites being her baby boy and her sweet skinny dd. So I have to talk to myself about everyone deserves to be happy and healthy and that things said in the past don't matter in the present or future.

Enough about me. I am just proud that I have friends like you guys. I am amazed at your progress and so very proud of you all!

Have a great day

gma22
10-12-2005, 09:04 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes so we get to complain about anything today girls!

Faye :bravo:

I know a lot of you don't have children or they are grown, but we need to be thinking ahead to Halloween. There are stacks of candy everywhere you look from groceries to drugstores so we need to prepare ourselves when we shop to ignore the goodies! What I have always done when I give out candy is buy and give out something you hate. If you despise jelly beans, buy individual packets of them. It saves you from munching on them before Halloween even gets here. Also, control the kids candy as much as you can when they get home.

Well, I need to get out and walk this morning so talk to you later.

Faye ;)

Mirabelly
10-12-2005, 09:18 AM
Morning ladies!

I seem to be back in the groove. No gym today cuz of my 2 classes tonight, but I actually WANT to go today...so I guess that's good. I tried an experiment yesterday and ate 1/2 of what I normally do for breakfast (my favorite meal!). I had 1 piece of whole grain toast and 2 slices of turkey bacon (instead of 2 eggs, 2 toast, 3 bacon)...and I wasn't hungry at all before noon! So, I'm thinking...shoot, I should just cut all my meals in half and I'll be golden! It's just the taste I love so much....wish I wasn't such a good cook :D

anyway, Just have to be patient with myself. I'm getting a haircut and color this afternoon, which I have needed for like 6 months! I made an appointment at a swanky spa just to pamper myself. Can't wait!

Faye, you absolutely deserve to be healthy...I know you're already happy most of the time! I think everyone I know who has lost a lot of weight and kept it off (including my mother--150 pounds! and my aunt--probably 150 pounds) did it by finally deciding to just be happy and not FOCUS so hard on food and losing weight. When they finally got over their obsessions, stopped beating themselves up for every little thing....just finally got fed up with it all....THAT's when they finally were able to relax enough to do the job. They just made sure they exercised everyday (just do SOMETHING...anything) and ate less than they normally would, better quality food. I know you can do this, you've done it before...but BOY HOWDY! Do I know how tedious it is to just be constantly obsessing about your diet and exercise. I lost that 40 pounds over 2 years ago! When I first joined up here...I can't believe it's been that long! And for the past 2 years I've just been so burned out, I have only been able to sustain a diet/exercise blitz for a few weeks at most. BUT...in all that time, I've maintained my original loss, which is AWESOME! And it's because of you all that I haven't given up hope.

SO, I guess what I'm trying to say is we're all in this together...it never really ends...so just be happy and we'll all stick together through good times and bad. Sheesh, sounds like we're married or something :lol: :lol:

Okay, I've rambled long enough....Hi to everyone! And Happy Birthday to Susan and Jack!!!

TTFN,
Julie

Satine
10-12-2005, 05:00 PM
Afternoon All, I am feeling a bit down today, my woe is that last night I was thinking about when I originally started ww for the first time which was back in Jan 2002, so here I am over three years later and still not at goal ... yeah I have lost quite a bit of weight when you look at my numbers but when you look at how long it took me to get there it is just frustrating...I have been doing well and going to the gym but today for some reason I am just not feeling it, I have eaten badly and plan to do so for the rest of the evening, even planning what I am going to get at the store to pig out on tonight
( oreos by the way ) ... so I guess we all have these kind of days, I seem to be playing with the same 2-3 pounds weekly because I cannot get myself under control on the weekends, depressing really ... working out all week just to sabotage it over the weekend... last year I was so on it, I really do not know what happened.

So good thing it was Weds woes huh?

Faye - Glad to hear things are getting back good for you...now kick me back in gear!! I know I am just having a temporary slip up...

Julie - You are doing well too, I have often thought that if I would just cut back on the portions but still eat what I want that it just might work, keep us posted on how that goes...I love my breakfast food - scrambled eggs with cheese, sausage links, pancakes, hash browns ... dang it, better update my store list for tonight :lol:

Okay girls enough of my complaining ... I am going to go ahead and eat tonight so back on tomorrow...I expect to hear some butt kicking for me when I get back on here tomorrow. :D

Later!!

gma22
10-13-2005, 05:45 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for us Thursday so be sure and give "you" some time to yourself today to do something fun!

Faye :bravo:

Carri: I noticed you have a 22 lb goal by Christmas. You know that is easily attainable. You MUST put the bad stuff behind you even the stuff yesterday and only think ahead. I know it is frustrating as the devil to come so far and then go back, but look at me. I list at 340, but a few weeks after Vacation I was back up to 360. Eighteen months ago I was at 313 and looking towards twoterville. I just decided to put it all behind me and keep going. I think you should think of it as keeping going not beginning again. That sounds too much like failure and you haven't failed just mistepped a little. I know you can do this. I have seen you put everything into it and you can do that again.

Julie: I know you are busy with your writing, kids, etc, but don't let them give you an excuse not to do what you are supposed to do. Think about whether that bacon and eggs were glossed over because "I just can't think about dieting with this magazine deadline" or "I am just too busy to make myself something to eat so I will just grab ???" Your health should be your priority always! Besides, exercising makes you feel so much better!

I did something to my bad knee so no walking for a couple days. It is really tight and stiff like when I twist it or dislocate it, but I don't remember anything like that happening. So, I guess I will do weights and some sit down stuff for a couple days.

Guess I better get to chores. Jack will be up in a bit and I am going to make him some breakfast.

Faye ;)

QuilterInVA
10-13-2005, 08:43 AM
You know, we all have days where we want to throw in the towel and be a pig and eat anything and everything. However, the consequences of that are not good in terms of poor health, heart disease, diabetes, hip and knee replacement from carrying too much weight, etc. I have a very dear friend who is diabetic and will be on insulin the rest of her life because she refuses to eat properly, lose weight and exercise. The insulin could have been avoided but she just want to eat poorly and sit in front of the the tv or quilt frame.

I've been having some hip problems and, although I've been at goal for nearly 30 years, I'm sure the years of carrying 200+ extra pounds took their toll.

Faye, I got a great tape of chair aerobics for those days when my hip is bad - would probably to good for your knee. You might be able to check it out at the library. I've had it for several years and got it at Kmart. Surprisingly, you can get a pretty good sweat worked up while sitting in that chair.

Like so many, I'd rather sit and read or quilt than exercise, but I don't feel as well when I don't. Think that would be enough of an incentive, but it isn't. Most days I have to push myself to get going. As a small defense, I do a lot of walking and stair climbing at work so I do get some calories burned that way.

Faye, I know you'll reach that mini goal. I am going to have those 5 pounds off before I go to the doctor (he told me to get a few more off when I was there in June).

I think we all need to love ourselves more and see what worthy people we are. We deserve to be healthy!

Amanda Panda
10-13-2005, 01:09 PM
hello folks,

Well my eating is still crap - but I've realised that PMS is on it's way so that isn't helping. I am not despairing though and know that I am going to sort it out in the next few days. I tried a new gym class yesterday - legs, bums and tums - BIG MISTAKE!! It was just a bit to hard for me as they were using a step and heavy weights - I kept up, but right at the end I felt my calf muscle go and I had to limp home! Nigel said that the thing is - I am still 70lb overweight so it is not good for me to be jumping off of steps carrying an extra 14lb weight across my shoulders! I am basically working 5 times harder than all the other skinny minnys! So I won't be doing that class again till I've lost another 30lb or so - I'll stick with my cycle class and fat burner aerobics which just use light handweights. Oh well, you live and learn and it's not put me off trying new things!

I babysat for my friends little baby last night - my first time totally unsupervised with a little baby. She is nearly 4 months old and is such a cutie! They said if she really won't settle then ring us and we'll come back - well 5 minutes after they left she woke up really screaming! I knew it was probably wind so I winded her but by this time she had got herself into a real state and was yelling her lungs out - I was thinking, how embarrassing if I have to call them back 5 minutes after they've just left! So I tried one last thing which was to pull her in really close to my body and rock her and she immediately went straight to sleep! I was so proud of myself for settling her - I know it's something mums do 10 times a day, but it was my first time!

Love Amanda x

gma22
10-13-2005, 01:36 PM
Amanda: Good job with the baby. Newborns and younger babies like two things, swaddling and laying face down on your arm sort of like holding a football. When you clutched her tight, it made her feel secure and that is why she went right to sleep. That is why swaddling works so well. Their little body parts can't flay all around so they feel all secure like they did in the womb. Something about the football carry will calm the little buggers too. Babies are like animals. They sense stress. If you can keep calm even the most ardent criers can usually be quieted one of these two ways.

I am doing pretty well today except that I am hungry and trying not to give in to that. I don't have fruit etc here in the house to make a snack of and I don't want to get into the leftover choc cream pie or birthday cake. Thomas also has an adorable M and M machine we brought back from the M and M factory in Vegas last year and it is full of M and M's so I have to dodge those two. Builds character I guess, but it is still hard to hang on when I get like this. It is around the time of the month I would normally ovulate and I have noticed I get particularly hungry and want to binge still around that time so that might be it. On top of that, my knee is killing me and nothing can be done. I am putting ice on it and taking anti-inflammatory, but when I sit for any time at all, it stiffens up really badly and it is tough to walk around then. Getting old sucks sometimes! :lol:

Everyone have a good day. I am going to go and check the mail than maybe take a short nap. I was up at 4 am this morning so I am a little tired

gma22
10-14-2005, 07:38 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Ladies we are going back to reporting our lbs lost on Friday. Now if you weigh on Monday, then report that amount on Friday. Whatever day you weigh, report losses on Friday. I think we need to go back to this to help us get back on track.

Faye :dancer: I went over my calories some last night, but that does not mean I am back to eating badly.

My knee is still really sore though this morning I could get up on it better. It is popping a lot and that hurts, but I probably twisted it walking or something and stretched those ligaments back out again. I think I will do some upper body again today and let it rest one more day. Besides I have to vacuum today so my legs get moving anyway! :lol:

Hope everyone has a good day. Time to get started on mine.

Amanda Panda
10-14-2005, 09:53 AM
Hi all,

I just got 1 point for water yesterday - but I am happy to report that I am back on track today and am set for a 4 point day. It feels good to be back in control and making healthy choices again!

I think I won't weigh myself till Friday - I've gotten into the habit of jumping on the scales every morning, even though I know that your weight fluctuates daily so you should only weigh in once a week!

Hope your knee feels better soon Faye - don't overdo it with the hoovering!

Love Amanda x

gma22
10-15-2005, 06:15 AM
DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #115