100 lb. Club - Got to meet another friend from 3FC ~ sorry long....

glynne
09-26-2005, 11:15 PM
I went away for the weekend, and one of the things I got to do was meet in person, another friend I have made because of this wonderful place.

I met Lucille here back along, a few months after I first started coming here. We started e-mailing. That evolved into instant messaging and eventually phone calling occasionally. We had a lot in common ~ we are both LPN's and work with the elderly and things with our kids ~ rugged times and it helped to have someone to talk to who had been in our shoes.

This past weekend, I went up to Ohio for another event, and passed through Mt. Sterling, KY (my sister's boyfriend had recently relocated there and she was there and needed a ride home). Mt. Sterling happened to be about 10 miles from where Lucille lives. So, I asked her if she would want to meet.

We met and had supper together and has such a nice visit. She even invited me to stay overnight at her house if I needed a place to stay. It was soooooo cool to get to meet her in person.

Another wonderful meeting with a friend made possible by 3 Fat Chicks.

famograham
09-26-2005, 11:24 PM
Aww Gayle, that's wonderful!

I think that just may be one of the most major differences about this group...we are open enough with each-other to become true friends, not anonymous pseudo cyber friends..:lol:

It's just one more testament to what an awesome place this is :)

I'm so happy for you!
xoxo
Linda

newfiedarling
09-27-2005, 11:06 AM
That's awesome - it's always so good to put faces to names, especially when you've been communicating and building a friendship with that person for quite some time.

~Dee

barbygirl43
09-27-2005, 05:57 PM
that is great gayle.