100 lb. Club - Weekly Journal Buddy Thread (Sept. 26-Oct. 2)

Jillegal
09-26-2005, 01:05 PM
OMG, this week it will be October. That's it folks, summer is over and we're well into fall now. Before we know it Canadian thanksgiving will be here, then Hallow'een, then American thanksgiving, then Christmas and then a whole NEW YEAR. Time's a flying but there's still plenty of it left for us to meet big or mini goals or become entrenched in a new lifestyle or make the decision to end the old year determined to start the new one living healthier. Good luck to whatever applies to YOU!

I suppose I can't start off this week by neglecting to post my "weekend" eats, so here's a quick accountability. The hardest thing about weekends for me is I easily lose my eating "structure" and I'm going to concentrate on that from now on.

Saturday
Mid-day
Tim Hortons cinnamon-raisin bagel with light cream cheese
Tim Hortons coffee with double cream
Early Evening
Two Piller's "turkey brats" (done on bbq)
Creamy coleslaw
Macaroni salad
Evening
Baked Doritos (too many)
Beverages
Several cans of calorie-free diet lemonade (sparkling soda)
Water
No doubt I went over on "points"

Sunday
1 - 2 slices Weight Watchers 60% whole wheat bread, toasted with
2 - 1 tbsp. peanut butter
0 - tea
Afternoon
0 - diet lemonade
0 - water
3 - Tim Hortons Iced Cappacino (made with 2% milk)
Evening
6 - pork roast
2 - new potatoes
1 - baby carrots
0 - diet lemonade
0 - water
15 total (too many under target)

By the way, Beth, I'm looking forward to hearing more (much more) about your "friendship" with Mr. PT in the weeks to come! :devil:

BethC
09-26-2005, 01:51 PM
Yes Jill?? :o Actually, I just went down to see him, I missed him, what can I say??? He has such an infectious personality, he used to be an athlete in school, sigh, anyway... he's so supportive and he always just says the right things. He seems to have this calming effect on me... :dizzy:

For a while, we had this horrible time because I couldn't relax while he was stretching me out, here's this incredibly attractive man, basically on top of me w/my leg up over my head. He kept telling me to relax, and I couldn't! Imagine that! Well, anyway, I finally realized that part of the reason that I was having trouble relaxing because I wanted to help him hold my leg, so he wouldn't feel how heavy my leg was/is. So one day I tell him this, while we're paying tug of war w/my leg, and his response, was something like, ok... now let it go! And I did! We still stretch, and I don't fight him anymore.

So I went down to tell him that I did the Race for the Cure in Central Park yesterday, it's a 5K, (3.1 miles) AND I was able to run about a mile of it! My knee is ok, my IT band and my SO-AZ muscule hurt, but not awful. He was very happy for me...we've talked about my injury and not being able to exercise before and this is a huge step for me!

That's pretty much it, PT and I are friends, but I still say there's something else there, I've seen him with other people, he doesn't talk, smile, or engage them like he does with me... I try not to focus on that, right now he's doing wonders for me the way he is!

DishyFishy
09-26-2005, 06:12 PM
I can't believe it's almost October, Jilly. I'm sure time has speeded up since I was a kid!
Congratulations on the race, Beth! I really admire the runners here.

I was over on my kcals yesterday, but it was all pretty healthy stuff so I don't mind. I could have had the cheese or ham for lunch instead of both, and I really didn't need quite so much lamb at dinner. It was good though. :)

Sun 25/09:

Breakfast: 1 cup Optimum Slim cereal, cup 0% milk, 1 oz seedless raisins.
Lunch: 4 oz lean roast ham, 1 oz gouda, 8 raincoast crisps.
Dinner: 6 oz lean grilled lamb, Jilly's Autumn Roasted veggies. Talk about tasty! :T
Snacks: Shake (6 oz banana, crushed ice, cup 0% milk, cup 2% yogurt, vanilla extract).
Drinks: 1 litres coffee, 1 litres water.

Total kcals: 1731 (plus free veggies)

Exercise: 3 miles WATP.

missaprylj
09-26-2005, 09:59 PM
B: English muffin
2 egg whites and 1/2 yolk
1/2 slice swiss cheese
1 slice turkey
.5 banana

S: 2 tbsp. soy nuts

L: yogurt
carrots
apple
whole wheat roll

D at 3:00: salad
2 english muffins
1/4 cup pizza sauce
1/2 cup shreded low fat mozz

D at 7:00:
2 slices lowcal bread
dab of pizza sauce
1/4 cup shreaded mozz
2 truffles

total: ~1500 :)

Jillegal
09-27-2005, 12:23 AM
That's sweet, Beth ~ yep, friends first, that's the way to go! :yes:

Yoo Hoo! I don't know why people are avoiding my thread, Boiaby made it pretty clear there was a new one started yet Omega-Laura and Apryl seem to have missed it! I wonder if Jillybean and Alpha-Laura will make their way over here anytime soon, they've been MIA for a few days. :chin:

I checked out the stats on Optimum Slim cereal, Ali, and have decided to definitely give it a try once my stash of American cereal is gone! ;)

Back to my regular routine today, but didn't eat quite enough points (did get my major food groups all in, though). :D

Monday
2 Weight Watchers Cinnamon Crunch cereal, with
1 - 1/2c 1% milk
0 large mug of tea
Mid Morning
0 large glass of water
1 - Clementine orange
Early Afternoon
0 salad of mixed greens and carrots
1 light balsamic vinaigrette
2 flaked tuna (tossed in salad)
0 Perrier water
Late Afternoon
1 seedless grapes
2 Twizzlers (2)
0 large glass of water
Early Evening
4 chicken breast (skin removed) baked
1 stewed tomatoes with basil
0 broccoli
0 - water
Late Evening
2 Rice cakes (3)
2 1c 1% milk
19 total (3 under target)

Exercise: Walked the dog in pouring rain (didn't bother her) this morning and evening. It was a nice cool rain and I rather enjoyed sploshing around.

activeadventurer
09-27-2005, 12:30 AM
Had a pretty tough day food wise. Too many sweets and calories. Not enough "real" food or water. Definitelystres/emotional eating. The good news:I have a plan to deal with the things that were stressing me out, I exercised and I looked at bicycles to buy. I am planning this as a spring time reward for staying on track over the winter one day at a time.

DishyFishy, loved your vegetable tangine. Thanks for the recipe. DCM

alphabetsoup
09-27-2005, 05:45 AM
HELLLLLLLLLLO! I'm here! Sorry I've been MIA - I didn't track my food this weekend. Saturday was my birthday and I thought that maybe ONE day a year I could not obsess. :lol: Sunday, I planned to track it but then we went to dinner at BIL/SIL house and they had ice cream cake for me - and, of course, since the cake was FOR me I had to be sociable and have a piece. :o I know I went way over - I had a salad when I got home b/c I was feeling hungry, then I had a little more cake...ack. Anyway - 2 days won't kill me - back at it today (though over my calories :( ).

Oh and Beth ~ My best friend hired a trainer a year ago b/c she was gaining weight and not feeling good about herself and felt like she was working out wrong, yada, yada, yada... Well...3 months ago they started DATING and it is VERY serious! :D

Monday - the 2nd day in my new 36 year old body :cry: :

Breakfast:
McD's Egg McMuffin
Hash Brown

Lunch:
Salad (arugula, mushrooms, salami, provonlone, onion, oil & vinegar)
granola bar

Snack:
10 oz cola
Potato chips :o

Dinner:
Breaded fish
popcorn shrimp
Ravioli
Carrots & mushrooms

Snacks/Desert:
1/2 pc ice cream cake
pickles
sunflower seeds

Drinks:
(cola above) plus 3 oz cola tonight
water

Calories: 2077

artist
09-27-2005, 06:07 AM
Monday

Porridge, banana, coffee
2 apples
Roast turkey slices, artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes
6 ryvitas plus small amount peanut butter

activeadventurer
09-27-2005, 08:19 AM
I just noticed there are 2 weekly threads. :?: Posted on one last night now today? Had a tough day yesterday. Stress eating. Hope to deal with the source(s) of my stress today. Making progress and really enjoying my Lazy Man's Triathalon.

DishyFishy, Hope things are going well for you. Loved!!!!! your vegetable Tangine. DCM

BethC
09-27-2005, 08:27 AM
Hi everyone,

After my long post about PT yesterday, I don't have anything interesting to add...

Here's my food from yesterday:

2 - coffee
1 - egg whites
3 - luna bar
5 - zone bar
3 - tuna
2 - lt mayo
3 - ww bread
3 - ww mousse
22 points (out of 26)

Have a great day everyone!

synger
09-27-2005, 10:03 AM
MONDAY

Breakfast:(IHOP)
a pancake w/syrup
scrambled eggs
coffee w/milk
ham slice

Lunch:
mozzarella cheese stick
snickers Popables

Afternoon snack to keep the Beast at bay:
banana bread w/butter

Dinner:
Popeye's fried chicken breast
biscuit
onion rings
a beer

Snacks throughout the day:
roasted pumpkin seeds

Drinks:
coffee
water

Calories:
about 1900

Exercise:
gardening

jillybean720
09-27-2005, 11:11 AM
Yeah, yeah, I'm here. I'm a bit backwards this week--my weekend was okay food-wise, but then Monday was a disaster!

Monday's eats:

cheese pizza (despite the fact that I dabbed off the grease with napkins before I ate it, it was a HUGE piece--probably more like 2 normal slices together)
reduced-fat chocolate milk
instant oatmeal (banana bread flavor, Weight Control, made with water)
reduced-fat peanut butter (a little more than the 2-tablespoon serving size--more like almost half a jar :o )
2 servings of whole wheat pasta with my own sauce (sauce is tomato paste, no-salt-added tomato sauce, turkey sausage, and seasonings)

All together: more than 3200 calories :mad: plus not enough water and no real exercise

The problem was that I got to work and was busy from the second I walked in until the second I left. I had to stay late for a conference call, so I was at work for 12 hours (6am-6pm). Now, there is a reason I normally work 6am-2pm...TRAFFIC! It normally takes me about 20 minutes to get home at 2pm (about 12 miles). At 6pm, it took me over an hour and a half :s: So by the time I got home, I was both hungry and frustrated (enter jar of peanut butter and too much pasta). I hadn't had a chance to eat my breakfast--I was up at 4:30am, but the first thing I got a chance to eat was the pizza and chocolate milk at noon!

But enough excuses...time to fix it. So far today:

instant oatmeal (peaches 'n cream flavor, reduced-sugar, made with water)
I'll probably just have banana bread flavored oatmeal for lunch. I've already had 3 servings of water and a can of Coke Zero (and am working on my second 3-serving bottle of water). The good news is, I don't have any peanut butter or pasta left in my house, so none of that nonsense will be recurring tonight! :devil: I have turkey sausage or some thin-sliced frozen chicken I can cook for dinner. I'll update my menu later or tomorrow.

lucky
09-27-2005, 11:58 AM
Good morning! I hope you guys don't mind me jumping in here. I've been on a maintainence break and decided last week to really buckle down and knock off these last 20 pounds. Since I've been saying that for about a month now a little accountability is probably in order.

So, yesterday I ended at about 1970 calories.

Breakfast: 1 cup grits with 1 t. margarine, 1 slice wheat toast with 1 t. grape jelly, 2 slices regular bacon.

Snack: 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese

Lunch: Leftover chicken parmesan, 3 oz chicken breast, 1 T. bread crumbs, 1/4 oz mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Prego, 3/4 cups thin spaghetti

Snack: 1 slice wheat bread, 2 t. reduced fat peanut butter, 1/2 t. honey, 1/2 cup skim milk

Dinner: Homemade veggie pizza (1/4 of recipe), a few slices of the kids' homeade pepperoni pizza.

Hindsight is 20/20 as they say.
Note to self: it isn't a good idea to eat a high carb, low protein breakfast, don't eat all of the leftover pasta just because you think the little extra portion is too much to throw away, and for goodness sakes keep your hands off the kids' pizza! Oh, and stop putting off going to the grocery store so that you'll have some fruit and vegetables in the house.

I don't want to make an excuse for myself but I did skip my usual weekend grocery trip because we had two days of nasty, rainy weather that was just perfect for putting off any chores. Yesterday's menu is what we've been reduced to. I've made my list, though, and I will get the grocery shopping done this morning and the rest of the week should be much, much better. At least my exercise in right on track.

DishyFishy
09-27-2005, 01:22 PM
Welcome back, Omega-Laura. Now stay here!! :lol: Belated birthday wishes to you. :hat:

Just a note in case you didn't spot it in the nutritional info, Jilly, the Optimum Slim cereal is a bit sweeter than the Kashi.

I hope your stress eases up, activeadventurer. I'm doing better thanks. I have to make sure I keep working on my mind as well as my body. This holistic "living right" thing takes some flippin' effort!
Glad you liked the tagine. Try Jilly's Autumn veggies--delicious! :T

Welcome jawsmom. :wave: Good to have you join us. You've done such an amazing job I'm sure those 20 lbs will follow the the other 75.

That's a tough day you had, jillybean. When I go for long periods without food, I often make poor choices too. Glad to hear it's behind you and I hope today is better for you.

Mon 26/09:

Breakfast: Shake (6 oz banana, crushed ice, cup 0% milk, cup 2% yogurt, vanilla extract), All-Bran bar.
Lunch: 540 ml tin President's Choice LF Black Bean Soup.
Dinner: More of Jilly's Autumn Roasted veggies, 2 oz whole-grain bread with Marmite.
Snacks: 1 oz w-g bread with Marmite, LF granola bar.
Drinks: 1 litres coffee, 2 litres water, 500 ml green tea, 500 ml cocoa (made with water and cup 2% milk), 250 ml reduced salt Oxo.

Total kcals: 1476

Exercise: 4 miles WATP.

missaprylj
09-27-2005, 05:08 PM
whooops! sorry jilly!

Tuesday 9/27

B: 1 cup veggie chili
1 dinner roll
S: 2 tbsp soy nuts
L: yougurt
carrots
apple
dinner roll
S: peanut brittle
1oz turkey breast
D: 2 cup veggie chili
1 dinner roll
some other veggie yet to be decided

Total: ~1400

artist
09-27-2005, 05:56 PM
Tuesday

Porridge, banana, coffee
Sushi
Carrot and coriander soup
2 apples
Omelette (2 eggs, onion, tomato, peas, small amount parmesan cheese)
Banana
And maybe a lowfat hot chocolate to round off the evening??

activeadventurer
09-27-2005, 09:44 PM
This holistic "living right" thing takes some flippin' effort!

Thanks for making me :lol: DishyFishy. My sentiments exactly! Glad to hear you are doing better.

Good food day, even better exercise day, and reduced my stress by asking for and getting a new boss. I'm exhausted!!! :dizzy:

Thanks to all who post here. It is a real blessing. DCM

Jillegal
09-28-2005, 12:30 AM
Welcome, jawsmom, as we say here "The more the merrier"! You've got some pretty impressive stats to motivate us! :yes:

Glad you had a better day, stress-wise, exercise-wise and boss-wise, Denise! :dizzy:

I'll let the double-thread thing go this time, Apryl, but you really must pay more attention in future! :p So, how'd your weigh-in go? Enquiring minds want to know!

Glad to see you're back on track today, Young Jilly, and ecstatic to learn there's no peanut butter left in the house! :D

So the rule here is that you're allowed to have a free day on your birthday, Alpha-Laura, but then its back to business (in other words, you can't have your cake and eat it too!) :s:

Glad you're enjoying my autumn veggie recipe, my Dishy friend. I'm still going the salad route while the weather's warm, but will make a batch of autumn veggie's in a couple of weeks for Thanksgiving (I can avoid over-indulging in turkey and stuffing if I load my plate with roasted veggies). :hun:

Tuesday
1 - 1/2c 1% milk
0 large mug of tea
Mid Morning
1 - seedless grapes
0 - bottled spring water
Early Afternoon
5 spinach/chicken wrap *
0 Perrier water
Late Afternoon
1 clementine orange
0 club soda
Early Evening
6 - tuna/veggie/pasta salad **
2 - small whole wheat roll
0 - bottled spring water
Late Evening
2 - coffee made with 1% milk
20 total (2 points under target)

* Dempsters spinach wrap with Jane's grilled chicken (pre-cooked, boneless, skinless, breast), fresh spinach, sliced tomatoes, fat-free cheese

** flaked tuna, whole wheat & vegetable pasta, grape tomatoes, diced celery, green pepper, carrots, spring onions and fat-free italian dressing

Exercise: Usual dog walks and then a sweaty evening of stripping with my sweetie (I'm talking about the wallpaper in the kitchen, of course) :smoking:

SuchAPrettyFace
09-28-2005, 01:34 AM
I don't know why people are avoiding my threadPerhaps it's because we'e been naughty? *hangs head in shame*

Also, you called the other Jill "young Jilly"--so inquiring minds want to know. AHem. What does that make you? :p :lol: :grouphug: :cheers:

famograham
09-28-2005, 02:09 AM
Queen Jilly..:lol:

You know I love you to bits, Jilly :)

xoxox
Linda

howie6267
09-28-2005, 02:21 AM
Have not been posting here much but I'm doing pretty good these past couple weeks. I hope to see a loss Friday. I decided not to have a treat night until after the 1st of the year. Holidays will be the exception maybe. Anyway since I did not have a treat night I found myself being a little free with my calories each day over the past 4 days. I looked back and it came to 575 calories that I am over for the past 4 days. So today I made that up by only eating 1180. So now I am 45 to the good for the week. I really hope this pays off. I really want to make it to goal for my surgery. I'm not doing it just because I want to look good anymore it's a need to thing now. I want to be as thin as possible by January. I figure my goal of 245 is a good weight to shoot for by then. So anyway I think maybe I'll start coming back to this thread again.

Breakfast
kashi w/blueberries/skim milk

Lunch
Turkey wrap with low fat cheese and spinach

Snack
apple
banana

Dinner
Tuna
tomato
cucumbers

Snack
Veggie soup
ice cream

Jillegal
09-28-2005, 02:43 AM
Ahem...SAPF, "Queen Jilly" will do quite nicely (merci beaucoup Linda), or I will accept Jilly the Elder if I must, but don't even attempt any "Jilly the old bag" nonsense! :s:

We'd love to see you back posting here Howie! Understand totally about wanting to get to goal for reasons other than appearance ~ I know you're not looking forward to surgery but going into it in the best shape you possibly can has to benefit you in the long run and really help recovery. You know we're all rooting for you!

jillybean720
09-28-2005, 08:00 AM
Stayed under 1700 calories yesterday, which would have been fine if I hadn't had so many the day before. Here's what I had:

wrap (grilled chicken, lettuce, swiss cheese, and honey mustard on a spinach tortilla)
tomato soup with a few croutons in it (the sign said "cream of tomato," but it wasn't very creamy, and it had carrots, onions, and other non-identifiable vegetable chunks in it, so I guess it was more like a vegetable soup with a tomato-based broth?)
So yeah, that all doesn't sound like much, but it added up fast--brought me to about 1650 calories for the day according to my Fitday :o So much for thinking I could get a sensible lunch in the cafeteria at work...

As for today:

2 big links of turkey sausage with honey mustard (MY honey mustard from home, not the super-creamy honey mustard dressing like I had yesterday that was packed with fat and calories!)

I already had one Coke Zero and have another in the fridge for later--time to get crackin' on the water!

BethC
09-28-2005, 09:04 AM
Hi everyone, I haven't worked out since the race on Sunday. Monday, I was still a little sore and I didn't want to do anything to hurt my knee. Yesterday, I was just too tired. Today I'm meeting my trainer at the gym, so I have no excuses...

Also, I have on a new outfit, it's a sweater shell with a strechy tank underneath. If I were brave enough to take off the sweater, you can really see how small my waist is getting - I may have to stroll by PT later... :lol: I'm also currently wearing Leopard print Manolos, though those may not last long depending on my knee.

Here's my food from yesterday...

2 - coffee
1 - egg whites
3 - luna bar
5 - zone bar
2 - coffee
5 - pork
0 - salad
2 - pita
5 - a handful of french fries
26 points - at target

Have a great day everyone!

SillyFluff
09-28-2005, 09:18 AM
Tuesday Septemner 27th
Breakfast-
1 cup oatmeal
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup evap milk
Lunch-
Medium Arby's Fries
Chicken Salad Wrap
Dinner-
Small Chicken Breast (fried)
1/2 cup Mashed Potatoes
small biscuit
1/2 cup green beans
Exercise-
1.6 mile walk

Went a bit over on my calories :( Didn't know the Arby's wraps had so many. :( Oh well. That is the FIRST day I've slacked up on my eating. Will do better. We went grocery shopping last night so I have some stuff. Will post tonight with todays journal

synger
09-28-2005, 09:42 AM
TUESDAY

Breakfast:
walnuts (precommute)
cottage cheese
apple
orange

Lunch:
roasted turkey
curried carrot soup
cabbage
zuchini and peppers

apple
creamed herring

Dinner:
Popeyes red beans and rice
Popeyes fried chicken breast

Drinks:
water
coffee w/creamer
diet soda

Calories:
about 1500

Exercise:
walking, stairs

DishyFishy
09-28-2005, 02:32 PM
Went over on kcals again. :rollpin:

Tues 27/09:

Breakfast: 1 cup Optimum Slim cereal, cup 0% milk, 1 oz seedless raisins.
Lunch: 4 oz skinless roast chicken breast, cup coleslaw, 2 oz whole-wheat pita, raw veggies (red & white cabbage, carrot, tomato).
Dinner: 3 baked falafel, 2 oz w-w pita, 2 tblsp. hummus, salad (celery, radishes, tomato).
Snacks: 3 sushi maki rolls, 1 oz gouda.
Drinks: Starbuck's FF grande latte, 2 litres water, 250 ml diet pop, 500 ml coffee, 500 ml green tea.

Total kcals: 1761 (plus free veggies)

Exercise: 2 miles WATP, 20 minute bike ride, and over 2 hours raking and bagging leaves (judging from how I feel today, that was a pretty good hamstring workout! :D).

lucky
09-28-2005, 02:41 PM
Yesterday ended at just under 1500 calories:
Breakfast : 1 cup oatmeal with 1.5 T raisins, 2 dates, 1.5 T walnuts, 1 T. light syrup

Lunch: About half of a large chef salad (turkey only, no ham) with 1 T. ranch dressing, 1 piece melba toast

Dinner: Hamburger made with 1/4 lb lean ground beef, 3 oz baked fries, ketchup

Snacks: 1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese, 1 fun size pack plain m&m's, 1/2 cup skim milk

I still haven't gone to the grocery store. Must....get....fruits....and vegetables....

artist
09-28-2005, 06:07 PM
Wednesday

Coffee
Banana, apple
Avocado salad wrap
A couple of grapes and a couple of strawberries
Small cappucino
Steamed mixed vegetables (carrot, corn, something green)
Ryvita, tuna/low fat soft cheese/mustard/cucumber and ryvita low fat soft cheese and smoked salmon

lucky
09-28-2005, 09:17 PM
I ended today with just under 1300 calories:

Breakfast - omlette wrap with 2 egg whites, onion, mushrooms and a tablespoon of Tostito's salsa con queso in a flour tortilla, 1/2 cup OJ with 1 T. benefiber

Snack: 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese, 1 fat free hot dog on a light wheat bun

Lunch: 2 oz. pasta, 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce, mushrooms sauteed in 1 t. olive oil

Snack: 1/2 cup cookedoatmeal with 1 date, 1/4 of an apple, and 1/2 teaspoon light syrup

Dinner: 3 oz chicken picatta, 1/2 green beans, 1/2 lemon rice

SillyFluff
09-28-2005, 10:16 PM
Wednesday September 28th
Breakfast-
Multi-Grain English Muffin
3/4 tablespoon Honey Butter
1 small banana
Lunch-
1 1/2 grilled cheese sandwich
1 oz velveeta
1 cup tomato soup
Snack-
1 cup oatmeal
9 baby carrots
Dinner-
6 oz roasted extra lean pork loin
1/2 cup brocolli w/ Lt velveeta
1 small biscuit
Snack-
Multi-grain English Muffin
3/4 tbs Honey Butter
1 small banana
Exercise-
2.6 mile walk

Jillegal
09-29-2005, 12:30 AM
Quick "eats" post and then off to bed with me (have to be up at the crack of dawn tomorrow)

Wednesday
1 1/2c 1% milk
0 bottled water
Mid morning
2 medium banana
0 bottled water
Early afternoon
2 60% whole wheat bread spread with
4 2tbsp. peanut butter
2 1c 1% milk
Mid afternoon
1 Clementine orange
0 club soda
Early Evening
0 fresh spinach and mushrooms with
2 crumpled hard boiled egg and
3 shredded roast chicken (white meat) all tossed in
1 light balsamic vinaigrette
0 mineral water
Evening
1 5 chocolate covered raisins
0 Perrier water
2 Tim Hortons coffee with cream
23 points (1 over target)

Exercise: Usual walks. Painting bathroom.

taekwondomom
09-29-2005, 01:36 AM
Sheesh! Where has the week gone?!?! Sorry about being MIA, been busy finishing up the website for my Tae Kwon Do school and doing some fiddling with my personal site. TKD site is almost done still needs some minor tweaking and adjusting, but if you want to have a peek here's the link-->Baraboo Tae Kwon Do (http://barabootaekwondo.tripod.com)
My personal site hasn't been updated yet. If you want to see it before I update it, here's the link. ;)MomzWorld (http://momzworld.tripod.com)
Also been really working at getting to bed before 2 am!! And my Ana-beanie has been sick. :(
Hasn't left much time for reading the board. :D So, now that I've explained my absences, here's my eats for the last 3 days.

9/26
B/L: large turkey salad with fat free dressing
D: pasta topped with marinara and ground turkey; 1 slice garlic/cheese bread
S: swiss cake rolls; 2 TBS peanut butter
TOTAL CALORIES=1282

Exercise: 1 hour Tae Kwon Do; Core program exercises

9/27
B: raisin bran and soymilk; corn flakes with soymilk
L: large salad with diced lean ham and fat free dressing
D: banana/walnut pancakes with butter and syrup; ham slices
S: 2 doughnuts; cinnamon toast
TOTAL CALORIES=2124

9/28
B: kashi golean with soymilk
L: tuna salad on saltines
D: 2 hot dogs on buns with ketchup; salad with fat free dressing
S: cinnamon toast
TOTAL CALORIES=1835
Exercise: 1 hour Tae Kwon Do

alphabetsoup
09-29-2005, 04:17 AM
Hey! WELCOME Jawsmom & Howie! :) Glad you joined us!

Laura ~ Sorry your daughter is sick - hope she's on the mend! ((HUGS)) I didn't get a chance to check out your sites (on my way to bed, have to be up early) - but I'll remember to come back and check them out when I have more time. :)

sweaty evening of stripping with my sweetie (I'm talking about the wallpaper in the kitchen, of course)

<snort> Uh - huh, suuuuuuuurrrrre, we believe you. <cough> :lol3:

Tuesday: 1876

Wednesday:

Breakfast/Lunch (slept in):
Kashi & 1% milk

At the Mall:
Strawberry Julius (20 oz)

Dinner:
Quiznos Cabo Chicken Sandwich (Reg. sized)*
Doritos
16 oz cola

Desert:
1/2 Quiznos brownie

Snacks:
sunflower seeds

Drinks:
(cola & julius above), water

Cal: 2214 (I guessed at the count on this - I said about 900 - but I think I might be over (or under). Quiznos doesn't have nutritional info on their site!! :mad: )

Exercise: 5 hours of shopping with a 4 year old - it's exercise - believe me! :rolleyes: :lol:

jillybean720
09-29-2005, 08:04 AM
Yesterday ended up just around 1200 calories:

bowl of Kashi cereal w/skim milk (Go Lean mixed with 9 Grains, I think)
bowl of Kashi cereal w/skim milk (the kind that looks and tastes like Cheerios)
2 turkey sausage links w/honey mustard
bowl of Kashi cereal w/skim milk (the kind that looks and tastes like Cheerios)
Could you tell I wanted to get the cereal out of my cabinet and the milk out of my fridge before it went bad :dizzy: Quite high in carbs, but at least it had lots of fiber!

As for today, the plan is:

instant oatmeal (peaches n' cream flavor, reduced-sugar, made with water)
Subway (12" sweet onion chicken teriyaki on honey oat, no cheese, small bag of chips--the baked cool ranch Doritos, if they have them--YUM!)
Should be about 1400 calories for the day :smug:

synger
09-29-2005, 11:57 AM
WEDNESDAY

Breakfast:
cottage cheese
baklava (2 pieces! Blew my calories all to ****. Ended up having a protein-rich, low-calorie shake for dinner to balance it. But man, it tasted good. I LOVE me some baklava.)

Lunch:
ham and cheese sandwich with mustard

apple

Dinner:
protein shake (protein powder, banana, skim milk, a bit of sugar free instant pudding powder to thicken and sweeten)

Late evening: Banana bread with lowfat cream cheese

Drinks:
water
coffee w/creamer
diet soda

Calories:
about 1700

Exercise:
walking
stairs
biking

DishyFishy
09-29-2005, 01:34 PM
That is quite a bit more fibre than you usually eat, jillybean. Hope you're not feeling the effects of it today! :o

Weds 28/09:

09:00: 1 litre coffee with 4 tblsp. half & half.
11:00: Cadbury's Crunchie bar, Starbuck's espresso doppio.
13:15: 3 oz beef stir-fried with beansprouts, broccoli, carrot, and sui choy in 1 tsp. oil; 1 cup rice; 500 ml spring water.
16:30: Another Crunchie bar; 750 ml green tea
19:30: 2 cups home-made chili; 500 ml water
Other Drinks: 1 litre water; 1 litre unsweetened iced tea.

Total kcals: 1525 (plus free veggies)

Exercise: 3 miles WATP, 3.69 mile walk.

howie6267
09-29-2005, 03:56 PM
beans and rice warp
apple
banana
yogurt w/blueberries
chicken
beans and rice
apple
banana
carrots
2 chicken and veggie wraps
Low fat ice cream

1820 calories 38 fat

artist
09-29-2005, 07:17 PM
Thursday

Not the best of days, but also not the worst of days......I did manage a lot of walking: from home to the doctor (30 min), doctor to the hospital for blood test (45 min) and hospital to home (15 min). Fingers crossed for the blood test - fasting blood sugar - last time (16 months ago) it was fine, but I have not been feeling so great recently, and have this nasty feeling that the IGT (impaired glucose tolerance) may be back....ooh well, takes 2 weeks to get the results, so will just aim for some healthy eating and exercise in the mean time.

Porridge, banana
Steamed mixed vegetables (corn, carrots, brocoli)
Ryvita, low fat soft cheese, smoked salmon
Low fat laughing cow cheese triangles (4)
Low fat greek yogurt
Apple
Carrot and coriander soup

activeadventurer
09-29-2005, 07:45 PM
Hi Folks,

Haven't posted in the last few days. Have been hiding my head in the sand. I know that it does not work for me. My doctor ordered a CAT scan and ultrasound this week to rule out that my abdominal pain (most likely scar tissue) is not related to my previous diagnosis of uterine cancer. I don't want to deal with this but deal with it I must. Send me your good thoughts and prayers.

Food wise I have done pretty good except for the mini binge on one accasion of 4 chocolate chip cookies and a half loaf+ of circle cinnamon bread (each about 800 calories.) Exercise has been really rewarding and feels great.

Dishyfishy, looks like Onederland!!!!! Congratulations!

DCM

SillyFluff
09-29-2005, 10:24 PM
Thursday September 29th
Breakfast-
1 small banana
Lunch-
1/2 package Ramen
Dinner-
1/2 cup peas and macaroni
1/2 cup augratin potatoes
2 polish kielbasa links
Snack-
1 small banana
1 multigrain english muffin
1 tbs honey butter
Exercise-
2mile walk
2 hours of work on my feet *started my new job today. We dont have our grand opening til Saturday. We are still setting up. The place is called Jungle Gym. Its like a child development center...Kinda like mommy and me if yall know what that is. THe kids start coming saturday. So in addition to my walk, I'll be getting LOADS of exercise.*

taekwondomom
09-30-2005, 01:40 AM
9/29
B: frosted mini wheats with soymilk
L: mac'n'cheese (made with skim milk and 1.5 TBS margarine) mixed with broccoli and tuna
D: large salad with ham, imitation bacon bits and fat free/light dressings
S: cinnamon toast (no butter); more frosted mini wheats with skim milk
TOTAL CALORIES=1456
Exercise: 6 hours Fall Cleaning

Jillegal
09-30-2005, 02:33 AM
Looking forward to your next post, Jillybean, once you get out of the bathroom! :p

Two pieces of baklava isn't the end of the world, Synger, and if you're going to have an "extra" it may as well be something worthwhile (mmm, my mouth's watering at the thought of baklava...) :^:

Yes, Claire, keep up with the healthy eating and exercise, it'll do wonders for your emotional well being as you wait for the test results. Got my fingers and toes crossed for you (I'd cross my eyes, but then I wouldn't be able to type). ;)

Really like your avatar pic, Denise, and its nice to "see" you! Good job on the exercise and don't let a weeny binge like that get you down. Good thoughts being sent your way that the ultrasound and catscan show nothing more than scar tissue. Please don't forget to update us! :)

Congrats on the new job, SillyFluff, certainly looks like it'll be providing you with some great exercise along with the income! :D

Hope the little one's feeling better, Laura!

Thursday
1 - Weight watchers 60% whole wheat bread, toasted
1 - 1tsp. reduced calorie margarine
0 - large mug of tea
Mid morning
1 clementine orange
0 Perrier water
Early afternoon
3 flaked tuna mixed with freshly ground black pepper and lemon juice
0 - salad of lettuce, tomato, carrots and radishes
1 - "Light" italian dressing
0 - bottled water
Mid afternoon
1 black and green seedless grapes
0 club soda
Early Evening
7 - 1/4 of a family size President's Choice extra-lean shepherd's pie
0 - sparkling water (citrus flavoured)
Evening
2 - little cheesecake square (crustless)
2 - 1c 1% milk
21 points (1 under target)

Exercise: Short (15min.) morning walk, Long (close to hour) evening walk.

jillybean720
09-30-2005, 08:06 AM
Whew, surprisingly enough, I wasn't in the bathroom any more than usual yesterday! Now, how's that for a little too much detail? :p I thought all that fiber would wreak havoc on my digestive system, but it seemed just fine, and I stuck pretty much to what I had planned to eact yesterday, except I only had oatmeal once because I had a meeting that lasted from 11am-1pm, so I missed lunch :o then had to go straight to an eye exam, so no time for food before my TOPS meeting! At least I lost a pound at my weigh-in (which makes up or the pound I gained last week!).

Today's plan is:

cheese pizza (either 1 giant slice or 2 normal slices :dizzy: )
I'm driving to Va Beach tonight, so we probably won't have any real dinner--maybe just grab some fruit or a granola bar at a gas station on the way. This weekend will be a challenge since I am seing my parents and sister--I'm sure we will eat out for almost every meal AND they will pay, which makes it even harder to choose wisely ;) but I have to be good to break this plateau--I've been hovering around the same 3 pounds since the beginning of August! :mad:

synger
09-30-2005, 09:48 AM
THURSDAY (weird food day, with an unexpected very carb-laden lunch at a restaurant)

Breakfast:
cottage cheese
apple

Lunch:
French Dip sandwich w/mushrooms and onions
big soft pretzel w/mustard
a few french fries
beer

Dinner:
mozzarella cheese stick
Popeyes fried apple pie (leftover from our Popeye's dinner a few nights ago)

Drinks:
water
coffee w/creamer
diet soda

Calories:
about 1700

Exercise:
walking
stairs

howie6267
09-30-2005, 12:28 PM
apple
banana
Chicken and cheese sandwich
veggie soup
Subway Roast beef
Ice cream cone
2 hard tack candies

Total Calories 1800 Fat 29

DishyFishy
09-30-2005, 02:56 PM
Thanks, Denise! :) And I love your new avatar--very nice photo.

Thurs 29/09:

09:30: 1 litre coffee with 4 tblsp. half & half; 1 cup Optimum Slim cereal with cup 0% milk and 1 oz seedless raisins.
12:30: 3 sushi maki rolls, cup coleslaw, cabbage, carrot, tomato, 500 ml water.
15:45: 54 g whole-grain bread (toasted) with 1 tblsp. Phili Light, 500 ml green tea.
18:00: 1 cup home-made chili, 2 oz (dry weight) whole-wheat couscous, 500 ml water.
21:00: 250 ml home-made tomato soup, 2 oz whole-wheat pita, 500 ml water.

Total kcals: 1692 (plus free veggies)

Exercise: None.

I'm back to consuming the majority of my kcals on an evening. It hits around 16:00 and I find myself cruising the kitchen, ready to eat for England. I think I need to concentrate more on planning, so I'm going to try a more structured approach of deciding my eats for the day, in advance.

So, today's plan:

Breakfast: Coffee with cereal.
Snack: Nectarine.
Lunch: Tuna and Phili Light on whole-meal pita, salad.
Snack: Banana and berry shake.
Dinner: Baked chicken with roasted veggies.

Let's see how it goes....

lucky
09-30-2005, 03:09 PM
I ended with 1550 calories yesterday.

Breakfast: 1 cup of Raisin Bran with 1 T. Benefiber and 1/2 cup of milk

Lunch: Lean Cuisine, 1/2 cup black beans (made into soup) with 1 T. light sour cream, onion, tomato and jalepeno peppers

Snack: 1/4 cup Munchies ultimate cheddar snack mix

Dinner: 2 pieces cheese manicotti, 1 small corn on the cob

Snack: 1/2 cup cheddar snack mix, 1/2 cup chocolate ice cream on a cone

activeadventurer
09-30-2005, 10:11 PM
Hi Folks,

TGIF!!!

Had a good food day. Made a yummy 1 point WW muffin recipe (One box Krustez's (spelling?) Fat Free cranberry orange muffin mix and a 16 oz. can of pumpkin, Mix and bake).Didn't do any exercise. Drank my water.

Thank's to all for posting. It inspires me and helps me know I am not alone. DCM

taekwondomom
10-01-2005, 03:14 AM
9/30
B: salad with fat free western dressing; 1 c bold and spicy baked beans
L: "instant lunch" soup cup; 1 sourdough roll with butter and lots of strawberry jam
D: 1.5 c bold and spicy baked beans; satine crackers with applebutter
Beverages: 90 oz water; 8 oz decaf iced coffee with splenda and whipped cream
TOTAL CALORIES=1695
Exercise: 2 mile run and stretching (40 minutes total)

Jillegal
10-01-2005, 05:41 AM
I like the sound of the 1 point muffins, Denise! Just the mix and a can of pumpkin? Do you still bake it at the temperature and for the length of time shown on the mix box?

Well, I didn't end off the month very well. Went over on points (even though I had plenty of flex points left, so technically I didn't go off plan). But I'm not giving myself the food points over in the monthly challenge because I didn't eat my 5 servings of veggies and I'm not happy with the late night Cheeto/cookie mini-binge. :mad:

Friday
2 - Weight Watchers Cinnamon Crunch cereal with
1 - 1/2c 1% milk
0 - tea
Mid morning
1 - seedless black grapes
0 - citrus flavoured water
Early afternoon
5 - leftover veggie/tuna/pasta salad
0 - Perrier water
Late afternoon
1 - seedless green grapes
Early evening
3 - grilled salmon on
3 - flatbread, with
1 - low fat dill dressing
0 - Perrier water
Late evening
5 - Cheetos
4 - chocolate chip cookes (2)
0 - club soda
2 - Tim Hortons coffee with cream
28 total (used 6 flex points)

Exercise: Morning walk with dog, evening kicking ball around at school field with dog and kids for about an hour.

synger
10-01-2005, 10:16 AM
FRIDAY (Carb city today)

Breakfast:

Egg McMuffin
hash browns
orange juice

Lunch:

fried fish
broccoli
carrot soup

cottage cheese
protein bar

Dinner:
2 slices pepperoni pizza
1/2 order of cinnamon pizza thingie (little mini-pizza with cinnamon sugar on top)

Snacks:

Drinks:
water
coffee w/creamer

Calories:
about 1800

Exercise:
walking
stairs
30 minute bike ride

DishyFishy
10-01-2005, 02:42 PM
There must've been something in the air last night, what with Jilly and the Cheetos and jawsmom and me having Munchies. Apart from them, I did okay. :)

Fri 30/09:

Breakfast: 750 ml coffee, 1 cup Optimum Slim cereal with 1 oz seedless raisins.
Snack: Nectarine.
Lunch: 3 oz tuna and 2 tblsp. Phili Light on 2 oz whole-meal pita, salad (hot peppers, rocket, spinach, tomato).
Snack: Shake (6 oz banana, cup 2% yogurt).
Dinner: 3 oz baked chicken breast with roasted veggies.
Snack: 50 g Munchies.

Total kcals: 1745 (plus free veggies)

Exercise: 30 minute bike ride.

Today's plan:

Breakfast: Coffee and cereal.
Snack: Yogurt & raisins.
Lunch: Baked ham on whole-meal pita, salad.
Snack: Nuts.
Dinner: Baked falafel with some veggies or other.

artist
10-01-2005, 07:10 PM
OK, I also had serious serious munchies last night. 2 cans of Pringles worth, to be precise....and too many walnuts. Well, at least I stopped at that point, and didn't follow it up with chocolate. Felt the entirely predictable indigestion/stomach pain as a result....I can't see a lot of point beating myself up, so am just shrugging my shoulders, and getting on with it (the healthy eating, that is!).

Friday

Porridge, banana
Steamed mixed veggies and tuna
2 cans of Pringles
Walnuts
Half a melon (the chocolate substitute!)

Saturday

Coffee
Veggie stirfry and rice
Banana
Small piece of avocado
More veggie stirfry

activeadventurer
10-01-2005, 11:17 PM
Had my first 4 point day in a while. :D I had a minibinge a few days back and I really appreciated you, Jillegal, for calling it a "weeny binge". It really put it in perspective. The 1 point WW muffin is for the same time and temperture on the box. I just put together the mix and pumpkin. Very Yummy! When I later found the recipe it said to add a half cup of water. :dizzy: Try it either way and let me know what you think. Denise

taekwondomom
10-02-2005, 12:26 AM
10/01
B: Honey-roasted Soynuts
L/D: Homemade Venison Stew (1.5 lbs venison, 5 red potatoes with skin, quartered, 2.5 cups baby carrots, 1.5 onions, chopped and 1.5 cups beef broth tossed in the crock pot with 1 bay leaf and sprinkled with salt and coarse ground pepper. Cooked on low for 10 hours. I :love: my crock pot :)); sourdough rolls with strawberry jam and margarine
S: Parfait made with 1/2 c frosted mini-wheat cereal, crushed; 1 banana, sliced and 1 c nonfat vanilla yogurt
Beverages: 16 oz coffee with splenda and cream; 32 oz diet soda; 32 oz plain water; 64 oz water with lemon
TOTAL CALORIES=1527
Exercise: 7 hours waitressing; 6.1 mile bike ride and stretching :D

alphabetsoup
10-02-2005, 04:16 AM
Those muffins do sound good...I don't like cranberries though, but I bet it would be delicious with one of the other flavors too! I love the Krusteaz No Fat Blueberry Muffins - in fact, I picked up a box at the store today! :)

I totally had a HUGE downfall yesterday - I sucked big time (it MUST be in the air!). :( I'm still upset but trying to not beat myself up about this...even today, I was over my calorie goal. Yesterday when I added in everything I ate into FitDay, I was at 2700 :barf: I feel sick just thinking about it. <sad>

Saturday:

Breakfast:
Quaker oatmeal w/1% milk, 1 tsp sugar

Lunch:
Strawberry smoothie (1% milk, strawberries, peaches, dry pudding mix)
Mini bag of popcorn

Dinner:
1/2 cheese panini sandwich (from grocery)
whole wheat pita chips
3 bites noodle salad
20 oz cola

Desert: :rolleyes:
cake

Snacks:
sunflower seeds

Drinks:
(cola above)
water

Cal: 2007

SillyFluff
10-02-2005, 07:11 AM
Here is what I ate yesterday. I fell asleep early and didnt get it posted LOL

Saturday October 1st
Breakfast-
Lunch-
Chicken Ceaser Wrap (Chik-Fil-A)
Waffles Fries (Chik-Fil-A)
Snack-
1 cup oatmeal
1 banana
Dinner-
1 cup spinach
3/4 chicken broth
1/2 cup noodles
Exercise-
30 minute walk
2hr 40min on feet at work

synger
10-02-2005, 09:57 AM
Yesterday was a family day, so after a sensible breakfast we headed out to a nearby farm for a festival. Lots of music, hayrides, a corn maze, pony rides, and the local Scouts offered face painting and grilled food. So lunch wasn't. Instead I ate mini-snacks all afternoon. Kept within my calories, but really fell down on the fruits/veggies.

Breakfast:
Kashi go lean w/ frozen blueberries and milk

Lunch:

apple
creamed herring
Just the Nuts (Poppycock mixed nuts in toffee)
banana bread w/cream cheese

Dinner:

pepperoni pizza

Snacks:
mozzarella cheese

Drinks:
water
diet soda
coffee w/milk

Calories:
about 1500

Exercise:
walking
gardening

DishyFishy
10-02-2005, 10:30 AM
Sat 01/10:

Breakfast: Starbuck's coffee, 55 g organic sugar-free granola*, cup 0% milk.
Snack: 1 cup 2% plain yogurt, 500 ml water.
Lunch: 3 oz baked ham on 2 oz whole-meal pita, salad, 500 ml water.
Snack: 1 oz almonds, 500 ml water.
Dinner: 3 baked falafel with roasted veggies, 500 ml water.
Extra Drinks: Tim Horton's XL coffee, 1 litre diet cola.

Total kcals: 1568 (plus free veggies)

Exercise: 3 miles WATP, 30 minute bike ride.

*I love my local Farmers' Market! (Early is good, before the crowds arrive. :s: ) This granola is delicious--choc full of whole grains, fruit, and seeds. :T

Today's plan:

Breakfast: Coffee, cereal.
Snack: Banana shake.
Lunch: Ham on whole-meal pita, salad.
Snack: Baked tortilla with hummus.
Dinner: Baked falafel with veggies.

Jillegal
10-02-2005, 03:46 PM
Yeah, we'll just call it "Freaky Friday" and put it behind us (you too, Alpha-Laura, even though it hit you a day later) after all, I doubt one bad day will actually end up on our behinds!

Didn't go over on points yesterday, but was rather veggie deprived.

Saturday
Mid-morning (G and kids let me sleep in until 11 a.m) :^:
1 - Weight Watchers 60% whole wheat bread, toasted (2 slices), with
2 - 1 tbsp. peanut butter
2 - 1c 1% milk
Early afternoon
2 - Tim Hortons coffee with cream
1 - Timbit
Late afternoon
0 - 1 litre Canada Dry citrus flavoured water
Early evening
3 - President's Choice extra lean hamburger, cooked on the grill
2 - whole wheat hamburger bun
0 - tomato slices and lettuce
1 - 1/2 bbq hot dog (no bun)
1 - cabbage salad with light dressing
0 - diet lemonade
Late evening
6 - Quaker Crispy Santa Fe Ranch "Tortillaz" *
0 - couple of large mugs of spring water
21 total (1 under target)

* corn and rice cakes (0 trans fat, 0 cholesteral, 2.5g fat per 14g serving, 60 calories for 8 cakes). Tasty snack, but not as good as the wholewheat parmesan and garlic.

Exercise: Afternoon walk with dog (20min) About an hour of touch football (though I was tackled a few times) :mad: with dog, kids and G

howie6267
10-02-2005, 06:34 PM
How about 2 bad days. I really blew it Friday and Saturday. Friday was planed as I have decided after not much of a loss to have treat days again. My body reacts better to the jump in calories. However last night was another story. I am doing damage control though. I will be at 1500 calories a day for this week to make up for the extra 1500 calories I ate yesterday. It's like I always say though. Put it behind you and go on. That way it's behind you and does not end up on your behind as Jill put it.

artist
10-02-2005, 06:35 PM
I have been fighting really serious chocolate cravings all day :devil: :devil: , and am happy to report that I am winning this particular battle...... ;)

Coffee
Smoked salmon and stirfried veggies (carrot, red pepper, green pepper, onion, ginger, garlic, spring onion, mushroom, egg)
More coffee
Avocado and tomatoes, in spicy tomato sauce, with pine kernels
More walnuts than I should have eaten, but better for me than chocolate....
Melon, banana
Tuna, tomato, cucumber in spicy tomato sauce

And maybe a cup of low fat hot chocolate before bed? :dizzy:

Frankly, my eating has been weird and strange ever since I got back from holiday (3 weeks ago)........lots of fruit and veggie cravings :lol: :lol: , a definite loss of appetite, and I feel nauseous a lot :?: :?: :?: . Other than the Pringle attack :o :o on Friday night, I've been doing really well. And no, for the curious amongst you, I'm not pregnant :lol: :lol: . Ah well, am awaiting blood test results for blood sugar level, and if that is not the problem, then I will go and hound my doctor again..... ;) ;)

taekwondomom
10-02-2005, 10:47 PM
9/2
B: toast with peanut butter; 1 banana
L: at work, had no time for lunch.
D: stew; toast with a touch of butter
S: 2 peanut butter cups; nonfat vanilla yogurt with banana and 1 TBS hot fudge (yogurt-banana split ;))
Beverages: coffee with splenda and cream; 70 oz water; 20 oz diet cola
TOTAL CALORIES=1970
Exercise: day off

activeadventurer
10-02-2005, 10:52 PM
Hi Folks,

Hope everybody is ready for the week ahead. I love my crockpot too, Laura and DishyFishy...Farmer's Market's are the best!!! I really miss them with the change of seasons. Gives me something to look forward to next year.

I had a wierd evening (I guess it was my turn) Did great all day and then instead of having my last meal (grilled chicken sandwich and salad) I had a huge burrito, chips and a candy bar. Probably about 400-500 calories over my goal. It was definitely an emotional thing. Grist for the journaling mill. DCM

missaprylj
10-02-2005, 10:54 PM
Today, basically I had ice cream for "brunch" and Subway for dinner.

Ah, that's weird and not nutritious, but I don't feel the best. :(

I hope I'm not getting sick! Tomorrow will be better at any rate.

alphabetsoup
10-03-2005, 05:35 AM
Thanks for the support guys! I so appreciate it - I've been feeling really down about my eating and so hoping that I wasn't on the path to abandoning my new eating lifestyle... :sad: I really WANT to stick with this but I've been struggling. I think part of the problem is that I've been really SUPER tired lately...I really can't figure out why. I think I'm way more tired than I should be. I do have two small kiddos and I do get awakened several times a night so I can expect to be tired...but not THIS tired. :(
It makes me feel even more overwhelmed than usual. I'm going to the doctor for a check-up this Wednesday so I'm going to discuss it with him. ANYWAY...good day today. :)

Sunday:

Breakfast:
Homemade french toast
Lite syrup
Homemade Chicken Maple Apple Sausage (YUM)
12 oz 1% milk

Afternoon Snack (Still too full from B'fast for Lunch):
1/4 cup sesame noodles (store made)
Whole Wheat pita chips
4 oz chocolate milk

Dinner:
Grilled Shrimp
Raviolis
Mushrooms
1/2 diet cola

Snacks:
Sunflower seeds

Drinks:
(milk and diet cola above)
water

Cal: 1795

jillybean720
10-03-2005, 08:20 AM
Started a new thread for the new week...join us over there! :D

synger
10-03-2005, 10:57 AM
SUNDAY

Breakfast:
Protein shake (banana, protein powder, skim milk, a teaspoon of sugarfree instant pudding mix to thicken it)

Lunch:
banana bread
saltine crackers with Laughing Cow light
half an italian sausage
slice of pumpikin pie with light whipped cream

mozzarella stick
spoonful of peanut butter

Dinner:
chicken breast over veggies (mushroom, zucchini, onion, spinach, sauteed with olive oil and flavored with tai seasoning)
raw radishes

spoonful of peanut butter
serving of Poppybock Just the Nuts (toffee coated mixed nuts)

Drinks:
coffee w/creamer
water
diet soda

Calories:
about 1800

Exercise:
none (rest day)