Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-26-2005, 09:45 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Monday Chat - Sept 26th

Good Morning Ladies

CATHY, hope to hear from you soon

How is everyone today?

boss is here so I gotta fly.... ttyl

HUGS
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 10:05 AM   #2  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Morning Leenie!

Cathy, I'm thinking of you. I pray you are safe and so are your things.

CIN, happy birthday a day late.

I have today off and the addition is done. The kids have moved into it and our part is done. I don't have any plans today so that's sort of nice. It's supposed to be sunny and 70 so I think DH and I will take the puppies for a walk on the mountian trail. I've been lax in my exercising lately and need to get back on board. I haven't been really good on the food front either. Not bad, just not as good as I should be.

Time to make some coffee. TTYL.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 10:14 AM   #3  
prepare for the BEST time

Good morning everyone, Mmarie, please make me cup of espresso so I can move faster!

How are you enjoying the Pilates?

Cathy come home, we miss you!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 12:00 PM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi LAdies:
Foodwise this weekend was soso but! and it's a shrinking one b/c it's mine I did exercise EVeryday This AM didn't have much time too So I'm sneaking in some moves at my desk.
MMarie Enjoy your Day!
Cathy come hoooooome
Hey Leenie are you ready for our brush with rita tommorrow?
I want to make soup/chili we're getting into soup Season!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 12:50 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning everyone
A real fall morning here only 6C (42f) plus there is a bit of a breeze. DD17 and I went for our walk after we got the other two girls onto the bus. We've been doing really well since school has started, the dog sure loves the daily walks again.
Have to do a run to town to do a few errands and get our prescriptions at Costco, oh and hit Wal-Mart for rabbit food, figures they are the only ones that sell the kind he likes! Other than that a quiet day planned other than getting a chicken into the crock pot as DD13 has judo at 6pm.
Take care all and have a great day.
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 01:39 PM   #6  
Lifelong Journey Member

Marble, Amazon hasn't even shipped the Pilates machine yet. Supposedly they'll ship it today - yes that's 8 days for them to ship it out of their warehouse. I really can't complain since I got free shipping and $70 bucks off. I'm looking forward to it though.

Had a great hike with the dogs and DH. I'm done with the exercise today. I don't have much else planned.
Marie
Old 09-26-2005, 02:44 PM   #7  
CIN

Hi Gals, (minus our Cathy )
This is a drive by hello !
Heading back to work.just ran home for lunch.

I had a nice Birthday weekend..the grandchildren love Birthdays!
We had fun at the Breakfast Buffet...they thought that was really cool!
Josh said "I wish we could just stay here!"

Later taters

P.S. Hope our Cathy posts soon.
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 03:06 PM   #8  

Good morning everyone

It's a beautiful day here.....but chilly earlier. I am still sick....coughing more....I think my asthma is kicking in.....will be seeing the doctor this afternoon. At night I am having a hard time sleeping....getting woken up with the coughing.

Not too much else going on here today....will get some groceries after I see the doctor's.

K....I have to go to Costco today also to get prescriptions....you never know.....I might see you there....but I don't know what you look like.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 03:09 PM   #9  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello everyone!

Leenie - doing well here…and you?

MMarie – How long did it take to do your addition? James and I are looking to do an addition onto our home. However, now I’ve decided I just want to get like a sunroom or something like that.

Buddly – I told James a while ago, that if we got a dog I would be able to do my daily walks with the dog and get my exercise in. So… what do I do?? I get a dog. Cept I get a toy Chihuahua I don’t walk this dog… I carry her!

CIN – Glad your weekend went well!

I hope everyone is doing well… I weighed in yesterday… I really hated to do it, but I got on the scale. I didn’t gain or loose anything. I’m relieved! Specially after going haywire in Laughlin I need a swift kick in the rear tho… I’ve decided I’m not doing so well on the 2500 calorie limit. So I’m cutting sown to 2000-2100 calories. Altho I did lose weight at 2500 calories, it was very slow going. I’m just concerned if I cut my calories back to much I will get sick again. But I went from 3400 calories to 2500 in about 6 months. I think cutting down to 2000-2100 calories will be okie. It’s not like it’s a dramatic change over a short period of time. We will see how that goes.

Take care everyone! I have my first class meeting for Calculus today…

Cathy – We miss you!

Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 06:37 PM   #10  

Hello, I'm new here and new to dealing w/depression. I've really notice something going on since January around the same time I both stopped smoking and my boyfriend dumped me. I'm not on meds yet, I'm trying St.Johns wort right now, jury's still out!

This week-end has been very hard (including today since I don't work Mondays) I don't know why... I feel like I need more structure in my w-e. I guess I wished someone would just take care of it for me... I know dumb, right?

I have to get to work tomorrow, need not to get overstressed!!! Tough.
NeeNoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 06:46 PM   #11  

Hi everyone

Back at it today.........working my full time days until mid oct......love the new job and love the structure in my life.......thawing chili I made to have some quick meals ahead of time...we have swimming lessons tonight.

Girls are out on the tramp with their friends.....enjoying our balmy fall weather.

Hugs to all.........and an esp long squeeze for Cathy!

xoLiz

P.S Welcome Neenoon
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 07:48 PM   #12  
Lifelong Journey Member

NeoNoon, welcome to the board. Good luck with St. John's Wort. I dind't have any luck with it but I might try SAM-E at some point. I used to be on antidepressants but they screwed up my weigh loss.

SueMarie, the addition took about 6 weeks. We converted the attached garage into a large room. DH did a great job and it looks nice. We never would have done it if DS1 and GF hadn't needed to move back home because of soon to be grandbaby. They moved in this weekend so it's sort of weird seeing them a lot agian.

I've been really bad eating wise today. All bad for me food choices. DH makes the best doughnuts and I had three of them (there's dinner's calories) and after a low cal breakfast and lunch I had a slice of Coldstone Creamery cake that DS1 and GF bought us last night. All was yummy but now was too nutritious. Oh well, back to good for me food tomorrow.
Marie
Old 09-27-2005, 02:04 AM   #13  
Oooo Silly Me!

NeeNoon - WELCOME! You know, I suffered from depression as well... I found once I started focusing on myself, I really didn't have very many episodes, and when I did have one, they weren't as bad as they used to be.

MMarie - Ahhh okie... well I wrote a company that's out near me. lets see if they will give us a call and maybe come give us a quote. Suppose to be free estimate.

Take care everyone!

Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote