Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 09-26-2005, 06:29 AM   #1  

Default Newbie extended nursing mommy here!

I'm Stephanie, I'm 29 yrs old as of yesterday, I can't believe I'm so close to 30, I still feel like a 15 yr old, lol. I have 2 children, Emma is 6 and Ethan is 20 months old and still nursing on demand. I believe in child led weaning. My dd weaned really fast when she was 27 months old, but I have a feeling my son will surpass that, but that's fine with me, lol. I also have PCOS/IR and want to prevent it from developing into diabetes. I'm debating on joining WW online or ediets, I'm leaning toward ediets since it's cheaper, lol.

I was very gung ho right after ds was born to lose weight because I was HUGE when I was pg with him, he was a big baby -- that kinda ended when about a month into my working out, I got sick, then he got sick and poor dd developed pneumonia, and then I kept putting it off til he weaned. But I really want to lose weight now and I decided I can do it even if he still nurses, so here I am. I really want to be slimmer for our vacation to Disneyland at Xmas. We are disney fanatics, lol, we go every year to a different Disney.

Off to lurk a bit more, lol.
tiptoefairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 10:13 AM   #2  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

Hi Stephanie! Welcome to the boards.
HoosierHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 03:45 PM   #3  
resident lactivist

Hi! Welcome. I did eDiets for a while, & it was nice but I just couldn't find an eating plan that really suited me. And you're technically not allowed to do it while nursing, so I had to lie about that. Then again, with Weight Watchers you're only allowed to do the meetings while nursing. No one wants the liability, I guess. You can safely lose weight while you're nursing, but you have to be careful. (If I didn't lose weight while I was breastfeeding, I'd not have lost any at all the last 3.5 years!)

There are a few of us extended-nursing mamas here. I nursed my first til she was almost 3 (child-led weaning fell by the wayside when I decided I really didn't want to tandem-nurse during pregnancy), & my younger is about the same age as your younger & still going strong. I've got a personal goal of 3 for each kid, but we'll see. I'll have been nursing nonstop for more than six years if I manage that!
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote