100 lb. Club - Hi from Pookie :-)

View Full Version : Hi from Pookie :-)

POOKIE88
09-25-2005, 06:41 PM

DishyFishy
09-25-2005, 06:49 PM
Oh, Pookie! :grouphug: You've certainly been through the wringer. So sorry to hear about all your pain. :( You're one brave lady. :yes:

Hope all goes well with the surgeons this coming week, and that you can get started on the road to healing. :goodvibes:

TakinBabySteps
09-25-2005, 07:19 PM
Poor thing. I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Gardenwife
09-25-2005, 07:41 PM
Oh, ouch, ouch, ouch! I had a tiny hernia repaired and that was enough. You are in my prayers for a good recovery and for relief from that nerve pain. (((hugs)))

activeadventurer
09-25-2005, 09:30 PM
Pookie,

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing you a speedy and increasingly painless recovery. DCM

SuchAPrettyFace
09-25-2005, 10:27 PM
Pookie!!! So good to hear from you! I'm sorry for all you're going through, but I know you are strong, tough & will make it through. We will be here every step of the way. :)

And yes, Jiffy does indeed rock, as do most of the ppl here @ 3FC.

Sheila53
09-25-2005, 11:35 PM
Yup, we love Jiffy and Kimberley and definitely the pants. :D

Sounds like you haven't had much fun lately, Pookie. I'm glad you're back home, and hopefully you'll be feeling a lot better soon. Hope the pain meds are working well for you, and that you'll enjoy a speedy recovery!

mezmerize
09-26-2005, 12:50 AM
Pookie, Thanks for the update. I'm sorry about what you've been through. Try and relax as much as possible and we'll be here when you feel better.

newfiedarling
09-26-2005, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the update Pookie! Sorry to hear you're having a rough go of it right now. Before you know it you'll be back on track and stronger than ever. I'm with Mez, we're here for you when you're feeling better.

~Dee

Jen415
09-26-2005, 09:15 AM
Much love and hugs to ya Pookster!

ChocLabLover
09-26-2005, 10:04 AM
Pookie, all the best to you and a speedy recovery! :D

dragonwoman64
09-26-2005, 12:50 PM
Glad to hear that surgery is over and you're home recovering now. Hope you get better fast, Pookie.

Jillegal
09-26-2005, 01:13 PM
What a nasty time you've been through, Pookie! Hope its all clear sailing from here on in and that your recovery is quick and painless (thank goodness for meds!) Get lots of rest and remember that as much as we want you back here, don't overdue it (I can't believe you even posted in your condition). Don't worry your sweet little head at all about any weight gain from surgery. Its not real!

Sandi
09-26-2005, 01:32 PM
Oh, I am so glad you are home and on your way to a full recovery. Just think, every day you'll get a little bit stronger and every day this whole thing will be another day further away.

(((HUGS))) and Prayers :angel: for a speedy recovery!

famograham
09-26-2005, 01:51 PM
So glad you're home and starting the long road to recovery, Pookie!

I second everyone else...each day will be a little better than the last. Just rest, and focus on getting better...we're here when you are ready :)

xoxoxox
Linda

Gardenwife
09-26-2005, 03:22 PM
Hi, Pookie - Just checking in and saying hi to you today. God bless you and give you an extra scoop of whatever your heart needs today. (((hugs)))

boiaby
09-26-2005, 03:23 PM
Oh Pookie, honey, you have been through the wringer, haven't you? You poor, dear chicky, don't be concerned with anything other than getting yourself well again. I'm glad to see you up and around again, now go lay down!! :D Just update us when you can.

Beverly

SwimGirl
09-26-2005, 03:36 PM
Wow Pookie you've really gone thru quite the thing! You have such a positive spirit I'm sure you will heal in no time :)

-Aimee

barbygirl43
09-26-2005, 05:04 PM
Wow Pookie. Thanks for taking the time to let us know how you are. I hope you have a quick recovery.

SuchAPrettyFace
09-27-2005, 10:45 PM
Good to hear from you, Pookie!!! :) :grouphug:

SwimGirl
09-27-2005, 10:46 PM
How did Pookie get to be SO darn sweet and thoughful??? Thank YOU!

-Aimee

alphabetsoup
10-01-2005, 12:25 PM
I'm glad to see you posting, even just a bit. You hang in there. I hope each day is better than the last. (((HUGS)))

dragonwoman64
10-01-2005, 01:04 PM
How did Pookie get to be SO darn sweet and thoughful??? Thank YOU! -Aimee

You said it, Aimee :) Course you're pretty dang thoughtful yourself.

Gardenwife
10-02-2005, 04:30 AM
Pookie, every time I see your avatar, I can't help but smile. You have such a gorgeous smile, lady! You're in my prayers for better days ahead. :)

Jillegal
10-04-2005, 09:38 PM
Glad to see you're up to reading and posting a bit, Pookie. Hope all goes well at the doctor visits and that you can get the drains and staples out soon so that the recovery will be more comfortable. Take care! :)

irishgreengables
10-04-2005, 09:43 PM
OMGoodness Pookie. What an ordeal. I'm so glad you are back home and in recovery. May it be speedy and complete.

DishyFishy
10-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Pookie, you're a star! I hope the trips to the doctor go well, and that you can get all that hardware removed asap.

Take care of yourself. :goodvibes:

newfiedarling
10-05-2005, 04:12 PM
Hi Pookie, thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that things are starting to get a little better. Good luck tomorrow at the surgeons. You're in my thoughts. Keep smiling.

~Dee

barbygirl43
10-05-2005, 05:21 PM
Good to hear things are getting better and nice to see your sense of humor returning.

ChocLabLover
10-06-2005, 08:57 AM
Pookie, good luck with the surgeons!

Gardenwife
10-06-2005, 10:00 PM
Charged extra? Probably only felt like it! LOL Here's to the removal of all objects foreign!

Gardenwife
10-07-2005, 01:30 AM
I wish you did, too! So far, we've met more folks from davesgarden.com than 3FC -- we need to change that! :D

jmacway
10-07-2005, 07:24 AM
Thanks to you all for your support.
3FC is such a great support system and I still get a kick out of the fact that I now know 3FC people all over the country and all over the world. The only problem is I wish you all LIVED next door to me so we could hang out and do lunch :cofdate: ![/QUOTE]

I was just thinkng how cool it was reading where evryone was from and that we all can chat on this thread. I would love to come pay each of you a visit. I love visiting new places and seeing new things.

DishyFishy
10-07-2005, 02:07 PM
Pookie, you poor thing! :crossed: for Tuesday.

We could always do a virtual lunch. It's a bit early for me, so I'll just take a :coffee2:, thanks!

Sandi
10-07-2005, 02:12 PM
Pookie!!! So glad to see you are starting feel better and some of that nasty pain has gone away. You'll have the rest of those drains and staples out in no time!!!!

boiaby
10-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the update Pookie! I'm sure you're about ready to be finished with this whole mess! Poor thing, please continue to take it easy and let your body heal. You're always in my thoughts.

Beverly

Sheila53
10-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Will be hoping for good news on Tuesday, Pookie. I'm glad you're feeling better, though, and that it's not as painful as it was. One drain is better than three, right?

newfiedarling
10-07-2005, 03:24 PM
Hi Pookies - thanks for the update, you're well on your way to recovery now. I wish I was nearer too, I'd love to sit and have a cup of coffee and chat.

~Dee

howie6267
10-12-2005, 12:53 AM
Glad to here you have everything out. You also have an 80% chance of not getting another one. I like the way that sounds better.

Jillegal
10-12-2005, 12:55 AM
Arghhhh....its so difficult to turn down an offer of :coffee: but its almost midnight and I'll never get to sleep if I partake now! :hyper: Oh well, I suppose a virtual coffee can't hurt. :D

So happy that you're staple and drain free at last, Pookie! Now make sure you listen to the doctors and don't try to overdo anything ... I'm sure its frustrating not being as active as you'd like to be, but its better to be safe than sorry and you simply do not want another hernia to appear! :nono:

Hope the pain is all gone now (or at least subsiding to a mere annoyance). Its been great to see you so upbeat throughout this whole ordeal. :yes:

Gardenwife
10-12-2005, 01:17 AM
:cheer: Yay for you! Glad you're no longer tubed or stapled! I know how irritating those staples can be when they're due to be removed, let alone past due.

Pookie, Tim Horton's doesn't have exotic coffee, just really nasty coffee (sorry, Jill! LOL).

I'm with Howie in the 80% camp. You just follow doctor's orders to a T now. With what you've accomplished with the weight loss, we know you've got the self-discipline to do all the right stuff.

Jillegal
10-12-2005, 02:33 AM
Well, I don't know how you Americans managed to screw up the magnificent "Timmys" coffee recipe, cuz I'm telling you, its a cup of heaven in the Great White North (I even buy tins to make at home). But, I'll let you decide for yourself when you come to visit, Pookie. Of course, if you need to have some exotic frappy, cappo, mocha nonsense, then we'll go to Starbucks, but I like to stick to a full-bodied cup of 100% columbian roast (unencumbered by sugar, of course). I'll even treat you to a Timbit. :D

howie6267
10-12-2005, 02:37 AM
I'm with you Jill. I like the coffee you can keep all those fancy drinks. Maybe it's the water up there that makes the diff. Timmys down here is just strong and nasty. I'm sure some like it but I'll pass.

famograham
10-12-2005, 02:42 AM
Coming from a household of Timmy lover's here...
Must be a States thing, 'cause Timmy's up here is wonderful ;)

xoxo
Linda

artist
10-12-2005, 06:20 AM
OK, mine's a decaff. Do they do such things at Timmy's, Jill, or is that too fancy? ;)

Pookie, glad to hear that you are well on that recovery road. Hope you are feeling more comfortable, and with much less pain now. As for the 20% chance....well the odds are stacked really well in your favour, and I guess the best you can do, however frustrating, is follow the good doctor's advice, and hope.

So when are we all heading to Canada for the grand coffee-tasting adventure??? :D :D :D

DeterminedInGA
10-12-2005, 09:14 AM
Pookie - glad to hear that you are free of the staples and the tubes! I agree with the others about the 80% also. Just hang in there and follow the doctor's orders. How are you doing with that nerve in your thigh? The last post I saw said that the pain was easing up - is it all better now?

irishgreengables
10-12-2005, 09:39 AM
Got my coffee, Trader Joe's brand, and 3 kids squirreling about me, but I'm listening.

Did the drs give you any idea as to what you could do for exercise? Like, could you do the gazelle or a bike?

Healing vibes still coming.

ChocLabLover
10-12-2005, 10:14 AM
Pookie, it is so great to hear all the staples and drains have come out! :woo: As usual, I am late to the thread, but great to see you posting again, and take care of yourself!

irishgreengables
10-12-2005, 10:16 AM
INSTANT coffee -- :nono: Okay, I am not one to judge. We each have those things about which we are snobs. Fo me, it's coffee. I want a nice, smooth, simple cup in a real mug with no sweeteners or froo-frooey type syrups (except the occasional single pump of chocolate in the occasional low-fat latte), and a little bit of 1/2 and 1/2. I want it organic and fairly traded (elder dd and ds, who we adopted, are Haitian, where child and adult slavery is still an issue, so I am careful with my chocolate and my coffee), which is what I love about TJ's -- they sell both, and I want to enjoy it in good company, which is often a good book... or you guys. :lol:

But hey -- that's just me. ;)

barbygirl43
10-12-2005, 11:24 AM
Yeah Pookie. You are definitely in great spirits and do have that positive attitude.

as for the coffee, I drink it on the rare occassions I can't seem to get up and going and it has to have tons of sweetener and creamer for me to drink it. I love cappuccinos though :shrug:

howie6267
10-12-2005, 12:23 PM
I have been going to Trader Joes for my Kashi. It's cheaper than walmart. They have so many good things and there prices are great. I will have to try there coffee. Now I don't do flavored coffee to much they tend to upset my stomach. I do like trying the different types of beans and roast. We go to Caribou Coffee and they always have a different choice for regular or decafe each day. I have found from the ones I have bought at the grocery I like 8 o'clocks whole bean Columbian Supremo. It is really good. I love to grind my own it just taste so much better. I don't do it all the time because of the expense. It's a good treat though. For our daily coffee I like Folgers it seems to have the best taste to me. I would die without my Bunn coffee maker to make it in. It gets the water at a good hot tempature and creates a real good smooth cup of coffee. Ours broke a few years ago and I tried some cheaper ones and they would just not do.

Sorry Pookie did not mean to over take your thread here. Maybe we should start one on coffee. LOL

Jillegal
10-12-2005, 03:30 PM
Yes, Claire, Tim's does a decaf and a Timbit is a doughnut hole, Pookie (one Weight Watchers point - my fave is sour cream glazed). I think we should leave the Canuck get-together until spring or summer because its such a chore to pack the shoeshoes and woolies! :D

howie6267
10-12-2005, 04:07 PM
Bunn only has a full size coffee maker but you can put as little or as much water in to make what you want. The way it works is it constantly keeps a reservoir of water hot. So when you make a fresh pot you pour the new water in and it pushes the heated water out and you have a fresh pot of hot coffee in 3 minutes. Then it's ready within another 5 minuets if you need more than a pot. I love it.

Gardenwife
10-12-2005, 04:33 PM
The Bunn is great. Mr. Coffee has its own "instant" maker like them now, but I don't know if they have the same brewing temp or produce as good a cup as the Bunn.

DishyFishy
10-12-2005, 05:02 PM
Pookie!! Great to see you up and about. And so chirpy cheerful too. Brave lady. :yes:

:coffee: Instant= :barf: Sumatra rocks! :T

I get through rather a lot at home--I like it strong--and I get President's Choice West Coast Dark Roast because it's cheap and exceptionally tasty. I haven't treated myself to an espresso maker... yet! :D Over the years I've tried squillions of different coffee makers, and nothing works as well as a cafetière, IMO. (I think you call them French presses over here?)

I get a Timmy's every now and then, but I have to put milk or cream in it because it simply isn't strong enough to drink on its own. :( Those Timbits are my faves too, Jilly, but I can have two of my second fave, the old fashion plain, for only only 10 kcals more than one of the sour creams. :ink: :lol:

Gardenwife
10-12-2005, 06:29 PM
Totally impressed. :D

Tim Horton's is not strong enough?? :rolleyes: "Timbits" just sounds so....terribly wrong. I don't want Tim's bits.

Now, Munchkins, now that's more like it. I forget what Jolly Pirate shops (our local chain) call them...I think they're just referred to as donut holes.

Caribou Coffee (http://www.cariboucoffee.com/shop/index.asp?c=1&s=1) sells Sumatra, too. Their Guatemala and Caribou Blend coffees are good. They're a responsible (http://www.cariboucoffee.com/ourcoffee/RoastRpt05Q3.pdf) company, too. I still get my coffee there cut with hot water by half. Coffee shops always brew it stronger than I like.

Truthfully, I'd drink battery acid if that's all they served, just because the atmosphere is so welcoming. ;) It's our favorite place to hang out. They have our picture hanging in their back room -- we gave them a print of us sitting on the loveseat in the shop, signing it "We love 'Bou!".

Related to our 'Bou, let me relate a story. I was still in bed today when I heard Howie exclaim, "Why did I look?! Ignorance is bliss!". We've been enjoying their cinnamon roll popovers, which the store's product binder says have 190 calories with 10g fat. Well....they're actually much more insiduous. Looks like there was a typo in the book sent out to stores! Try 580 calories with 30 grams (7g saturated). :fr: :cry:

*Snort* Maybe THAT'S a big contributing factor as to why our weight loss slowed down the last month or two!