UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 09-25-2005, 06:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 21st/21st/12st

Height: 6ft 0 inch

Default Getting married - help!

Ok so i dont need the help with the getting married bit - it's a weight problem i promise.

Anyway, it's been a long while since i posted or even came on here. my weight loss went out the window when i started work. the shifts aren't a problem - i eat normally on them. it's when i'm not at work that i find i'm eating rubbish.

i got on the scales yesterday for the first time in 2 months (lost them moving house) to find i've put on 6 pounds. which means i'm edging back up to the stone i struggled so hard to lose in the first place. i stayed the same weight for 3 months or so no matter what i did and guess i lost heart.

now for the problem. it's now sunday and i get married on saturday this week. i wanna lose the 5 pounds though i know this is pretty unrealistic but is there anything i can do?
msbeeverhausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 09:05 AM   #2  

plenty of fruit and veg should do it - also plenty of water! Good luck!
miss.colesef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 10:26 AM   #3  

I'd say just relax and enjoy yourself don't let 5 pounds make you miserable on your wedding week.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 02:06 PM   #4  
Gym'll fix it!!

Yeh 5lbs is'nt going to make a whole lot of difference to anyone but you seriously! i'd never be able to tell that someone had lost 5lbs..so just you enjoy your day! I hope its wonderful but if you're determined just have lots of fruit and veg like miss.colesef said or have shakes for a few days
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 03:54 AM   #5  

Hello and congrats first of all- now first of all why do you need to loose the 5 ibs by sat- is it your dress?

I agree att his stage try and not let the few pounds ruin your big day but I also realise if you are on here this is maybe not what you want to here so the only advice on top of water/ fruit and veg is

Do loads of walking wherever you go and also if you are not a bit fruit & veg eater be careful as it may upset your stomach- the last thing you need.

Try along with the fruit to eat low gi foods which will keep your blood sugars level so you wont be hungry all the time and keep a bowl of raw carrots handy.

Im sorry if its not much help??

All the best for your big day
gogirlgo is offline   Reply With Quote