South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 03:14 AM   #1  
new on the beach

Angry paying for my sins

Well this is not meant in any religious sort of way
First of all, sorry for not being so active here. Since I am on opposite time zone it’s kinda difficult so mostly just check in to see what’s going on. However today I feel like making my contribution. Sorry for the length of it
I have kinda been of the wagon the last week. Have been caught up with work and just not really been motivated . Have been skipping out on my gym, dissed my jogging, but fortunately stuck to my new-found love: yoga. I have long back discovered that my love for food is greater than my hate for exercise!
So my plan is to become a regular exerciser so that I can allow myself the treats of chocolate and stuff regularly while maintaining my goal weight. Now, the problem is that before I can become one of these slimtastic people who balance their lives between indulging and working it of while maintaining their figures; I have to settle some previous debt.
I just realized that I never paid for all the chocolate I consumed while being home in Denmark in June. I just charged it on my “fat credit card” and thought it was free! But now I realize that I have 28 years of “fat credit card” debts to pay of! And it sucks! It is exactly like having purchased an expensive dress, wearing it once and having to pay it of the coming months by cutting down on expenses. It sucks! It is much more fulfilling to pay upfront for things isn’t it? Like if I know I am going out to dinner I will pay for it in the morning by running a little bit longer.
The fact that I have to work my *** of now and realizing it is because of my sins of the past is not exactly motivating. In retrospect that chocolate, chips or whatever was not that good! Wouldn’t it be more motivating to work out thinking that it means you can indulge a little later (I mean healthy indulging like dark chocolates, wine, pasta, potatoes (I refuse to believe they are that unhealthy unless they are fried in oil)). I just can’t wait till I reach maintaining stage and can finally start “paying” before I “shop”. Right now paying of old debts just sucks! And when it comes to fat there is no one to take care of your debt than yourself! You can’t pay it of with a new card or a new loan! Only by exercising and eating healthily!
Normally I would get depressed and think: my debts are already too large (read: I am so fat it doesn’t matter and I can never slim down) so how does it matter if I accumulate some more. But this time I wanna beat it! I want to pay off my debts and start afresh as the slim, healthy, happy person I want to be! And I want to cut my “fat credit card” in half and start paying upfront for my treats!
Old 09-23-2005, 03:20 AM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

India, you have to find a plan that works for you...one that you can live with. Ruth, Ellis, and I just spent a weekend with several other 3FC mods, including several Maintainers. What we heard, over and over again, is that you don't change what you're doing when you maintain. You will continue to follow your plan for the rest of your life, so you need to find one that you are willing to stick with.

It sounds like you think that you can reach your goal weight, then spend time overeating on chocolate and then overexercising to compensate. Hon, that's just not going to work...it's punishing your body and you deserve better. If you can't do chocolate in moderation, then you need to cut it out of your diet. If SBD helps you reduce your cravings for chocolate, then that's great! I know it's done that for me. In the meantime, you need to do some serious evaluating about what will work for you. What do you need to do to feel and be healthy?

You can achieve anything you really want--and we're here to help you along the way. Use the time difference to your advantage...catch up on posts while we're sleeping, then check them the next day! Won't be as interactive as posting when others are here, but I think that's pretty common for most of us, as it's an eclectic group in here and many of us are on different schedules.

Hope to see you around more often!
Old 09-23-2005, 07:46 AM   #3  
new on the beach

Hi Laurie
Thanks for your support . I know I need to find a healthy lifestyle I can live with the rest of my life. Otherwise it will just be the same yoyo dieting again and again . However, I have realized that I cannot live without certain things. I am learning to eat them in moderation (although its gonna take a looooong while ) and what i realize is that I will always have to exercise I am simply not able to loose or maintain my weight without it. What I am just trying to incorporate in my life now is to exercise before indulging. So this means that I can only be allowed these occasional treats if I have "paid" for them through exercise beforehand! No more charging on the creditcard and think I'll pay it of later! Cause that later never comes and the guilty feelings just lead to more and excessive indulging.
I will try not to overindulge and overexercise but have a more balanced approach. Because I know I cannot cut out certain things of my life, things which are not unhealthy in small amounts. However, I also realize that there is no way I am willing to pay for crips, french fries and other junk by hours of running! They are not worth it, so they are out of my life!
I will try to be more active on the board, because it really is great support. Especially when you have fallbacks like I had the last week . Yesterday I had pizza and this morning at yoga it was like being back in the class the first day! I couldnt do a thing! Had no energy, unable to concentrate and felt horribly quessy. I almost fainted when we did shoulderstand . It really made me realize the impact food has on our bodies and minds! Never again! That 10 minutes of eating pizza was so less compared to the 90 minutes of joy I normally have when doing yoga. But today the pizza spoiled it. Lesson learnt!
Old 09-23-2005, 09:09 AM   #4  
Kyemom

I think you are on the right track....Realize that everyone is different. You can do this...we can all do this, and we are all here to support each other.....Hang in there, and keep that determination....& I agree in finding some type of exercise that you really like, after a while you will begin to like other types too....
Old 09-23-2005, 09:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Your analogy of credit card debt and weight is actually very good. We all know how to go shopping and charge it! We all know how to gain weight.

And kyemoms....Realize that everyone is different .... holds true for both as well.
Some people pay everything off in small increments, some remortgage, some consolidate ..... Just like the many and varied ways we lose weight.
Closed Thread