100 lb. Club - Starting again!

View Full Version : Starting again!

eatnothingalive
09-21-2005, 02:52 PM
Hiya everyone!

I was a member ages ago but I traded 3FC for parenting sites when I became pregnant with my beautiful baby daughter!

I was a big girl before I became pregnant, and fortunately my weight didn't affect my pregnancy... I had an amazingly healthy pregnancy, no problems, and gave birth to our first child, Bailey, at home with a midwife (med free!!) in june...

I put on about 40lbs during pregnancy, which isn't terrible, but I was significantly overweight before becoming pregnant -- so it didn't help!

Anyway, I am ready to start again! My lil' one keeps me really active, so I know I have lost some weight post partum because I can fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans again yay!! (even though they are a 22, and tight, but still...)

So I am glad to be back, I really don't want to be an obese mommy... I don't care if I have a little "funk in the trunk" lol ... but I would love to be healthy and a reasonable size (about 12-14)...my daughter deserves a momma who can do all the things with her and not just sit on the sidelines!

Thanks for listening, hope to get to know some of you!

boiaby
09-21-2005, 03:05 PM
my daughter deserves a momma who can do all the things with her and not just sit on the sidelines!

You got that right! My own daughter was definitely one of my biggest motivations.

Welcome back and congratulations on your beautiful new baby girl!

Beverly

Indiacatz
09-21-2005, 03:50 PM
Hi there... Congrats on being a mom.... one of Gods greatest gifts for sure.... Im an older mom.. ( my youngest is 26) and I can relate to the post pregnancy weight issue as mine never left since 1978 :( not so funny.... well, I am a member of Tops and I love the support I get there..... I eat a very normal, healthy diet, exercise regular and the pounds are slowly dropping off... I wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey and let me know how your doing.... India ( hopefully my 103 lbs will be gone in a year )

barbygirl43
09-21-2005, 04:06 PM
welcome back and congrats on the birth of your daughter.

DishyFishy
09-21-2005, 05:16 PM
Welcome back, eatnothingalive! :wave: Congratulations on your baby's birth, and on the weight you've dropped so far. :)

famograham
09-21-2005, 08:24 PM
Welcome back!! ;)

Linda

RealCdn
09-21-2005, 08:59 PM
Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. You already know how friendly and supportive these people can be so I'm sure you'll be back on track in no time.

Anne

taekwondomom
09-22-2005, 03:39 AM
:hi:
Welcome back! :)
Congrats on your baby girl. :bb: And how incredibly cool that you had a home birth! If we ever have a fourth, I would love to have him/her at home! (Considering how quickly #3 was born, it would have made more sense to stay home! But I digress. LOL)

newfiedarling
09-22-2005, 09:09 AM
Welcome back - glad you're with us. Congratulations on the new baby!

~Dee

ChocLabLover
09-22-2005, 09:15 AM
Welcome to the group! :D

SnShn13
09-22-2005, 10:21 AM
Welcome and Congratulations on the baby!!

eatnothingalive
09-22-2005, 04:12 PM
Thanks for all the nice responses! I have been doing well... for me, starting is the hardest part -- I suffer from "tomorrow" syndrome LOL.. so when I actually do start I am prety good at staying on plan for the most part...

So this is the third day and I am hopeful!

Thanks again for the support!

Laura-- my home birth was AWESOME!!! For low-risk women, a homebirth is as safe as a hospital birth according to the British Medical Journal study and others... I highly recommend it!!! It was SO empowering!! After that I felt like I could do ANYTHING... so I am excited to be starting this weight loss journey again...

alphabetsoup
09-24-2005, 03:08 PM
Welcome! :wave: Congrats on your :baby: girl - being a mom is the hardest but BEST job there is! :)

wip
09-25-2005, 12:09 PM
Welcome and congrats! Good for you for being a postive role model and healthy mommy. My 3 motivate me too (also stress me out LOL). I joined this forum about a month ago and they are an awesome support.

howie6267
09-25-2005, 01:58 PM
Welcome back and I look forward to seeing you around. We have a great group of people here.