Support Groups - Sheep puppy mixes it up with cow herd

Cowpernia
09-20-2005, 05:44 PM
Now ... if only I had something to say. I would love purple taters as I mostly eat veggies that are fresh and veggies are so limited. I also eat chicken bones but am out. My knitting project is over 1/6 done. My hair either needs cutting or needs to grow out. Not sure.

If y'all haven't seen "In Good Company," I recommend it as something you can watch with your kids AND it was very fun to watch. Has Dennis Quaid in it ... ummmm.

Schatzi
09-20-2005, 07:55 PM
Peachie. I'm getting ascared.. I have such a sick visual of your DS in a panel walled basement bedroom facing a yard full of plumb hens..facing east (yes, my visions are vewwy exwact) is a butchers block and spit roasting a dogpatchish chicken and you in a rocking chair Discarding the meat and sucking toothlessly on bones and purple potato skins!

I'm done scarred for life.. :yikes: soothe me please say it aint so

Cowpernia
09-20-2005, 08:00 PM
Shots, you is one sick puppy .. I mean cow. Chicken bones is a candy that Bagz sends me once a year. She sends me only about a half-cup or I'd share. And we're in Flawridder wherer there ain't many basements. No paneling either.

Schatzi
09-20-2005, 08:16 PM
CANDY????

CHICKEN BONE CANDEEEEEE???????? I should be grossed out by the sheer thought of candy chicken bones... BUT of course if it is creamy, sweet, nutty, syrupy, chocolately, crunchy..I don't really care WHAT IS IN IT..I want some chicken bones

Dear Santa, (or in Sugs case: Dear Santasnarfelofest)
Please give me some a that thar chicken bones.

Schatzi
09-20-2005, 08:18 PM
P.S. Paneling, Like bell bottoms and shag rugs WILL COME BACK.....

SugP
09-21-2005, 01:59 AM
Schatzi, you're making me spit my tea again. :lol:

Peachy, the blue taters looked interesting but didn't have that much taste. They were called "Blue Swede". We bought some long skinny ones too that tasted much better. They had about 20 different kinds of organic taters there. And bratwurst. And little moldy thingies that would enable you to grow your own Shiitaake (sp????) mushrooms in a log. You need to grow your hair out. I'm growing mine really long and looking like a hippy these days. Makes me feel younger. That must be why I still get zits at 42.

IF I had a dog, which I don't, I would choose something from the category "Names of Female Superheroes". Shazam! :D

Wabby
09-21-2005, 12:07 PM
Re: the great hair debate - I've been thinking of something drastic too. Like going either long or very short. I'd go short, except I'm worried about a couple things 1. Will short hair make my fat face look even fatter? 2. My hair is very fine, so will it make it look like I have even finer hair? 3. Should I color it blonder? (right now it just has some blondish highlights) and drumroll....... 4. Who really gives a rip whether I do anything with my hair. Maybe a paper sack might work just as well.

I'm in a mood. :mad:

I spent yesterday driving Grandpa Jim to Dr. appts. They put him on a heart monitor, even though he says he's perfectly fine and his heartbeat has always been irregular and he's lived just fine so far. I went into the exam room with him on that one, (because he's so deaf he needs me to translate for him - doesn't matter how many times you tell a Dr. he can't hear they still talk way too fast and they don't understand that when he laughs and nods that means he hasn't heard a dang thing you just said) but the 2nd appt. was for a urologist and I told him I wouldn't be going in with him for that appt. He said "why not?" and I had to explain to him what a urologist examines. Then I had to explain what a prostate gland is. Between his deafness and the subject matter, I finally just told him it had something to do with his "man parts" and I was just taking orders from his Dr. to take him to the appointment. Of course all of this conversation was yelled to him at the top of my lungs. I'm sure anyone around for 10 miles heard the entire thing. How does a man get to be over 90 and still not know what a prostate is? :dizzy: He informed me that "all that equipment works just fine". Good to know, Grandpa, good to know.

Cowpernia
09-21-2005, 12:45 PM
I have fuzzy hair. If I cut it short, will it look even fuzzier? Will it leave my wrinkly neck stick out in the wind?

Grandpa is lucky to have everything working so well but I don't know what a prostate is either. I know presidents have them. They seem to have surgery on them about every term.

Kiwonk
09-21-2005, 12:45 PM
Maybe I should name her Clipper. She just chewed through the phone cord when I wasn't looking. :rolleyes:

We are thinking of Jet.

I am tahred. I wish I had some chicken bones. Schatzi, I'm sure they have another name, although I can't think of it. They are sort of pink tubes of ribbony looking candy that are crimped on the ends -- and they have chocolate inside, don't they, Miss Cowpea?

Chateaugay's Cowgirl of Katahdin. Chateaugay's Katahdin Cowgirl. It's not bad. I have to use the breeder's kennel name at the front. Chateaugay's Jet Black Lawnmower. When she's not eating the phone cord, she's grazing on my toes.

Hey Bagz, I am very sympathetic right now about your puppy experience. This little girl is a bit more difficult in some ways than Molly was. I don't remember Molly whining at regular intervals all night. Last night we tried her back in the bedroom again, and it was pretty awful. She woke up every hour and started fussing. Twice I took her outside, which was fine the first time; the 2nd time she didn't go at all and I was so wiped out I put her in the x-pen and went and almost fell asleep on the toilet. When I managed to drag myself out of the bathroom, she had peed and pooped, sort of on the newspaper (she means well), so I had to clean that up before going back to bed. Not 45 minutes later she was inconsolably whining again. We decided to see if she would stop if we ignored it. :lol: Good one. :lol3: We listened to it escalate for about 10-15 minutes, to the point where she was howling, barking, thrashing about the crate like a mad thing. I finally gave up and sat on the floor and got her quiet in about 2 seconds. I don't know; she just hates to be without one of us and confined. I'm sure if I slept with my hand inside the crate she would be quiet most of the night. :shrug:

But the good news is she is adorable and hilarious and soft and furry and I'm a big sucker, so we soldier on. Can hardly wait to tell DH about the phone cord.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
09-21-2005, 01:06 PM
I don't know about Jet. It automatically become Jetski which is a vehicle.

Kiwi, get on the phone, call your vet and ASK THEM what to do about the puppy whining at night. After they quit snickering at you, they will have sound advice. I know this because I know a woman who got a new lab puppy this year. She took it in for shots and complained that she was tired from getting up every morning at 5:00 to take it out to potty. They politiely asked why the puppy had to go potty at 5:00 and then told her how to train it.

Are we all growing our hair long, then? Are we dying it?

I was just at the supermarker where, over the candied apple carmel stuff, they put a sign reading, "Try are apple kits."

Bagzz
09-21-2005, 02:52 PM
i am meaner than you kiwonk----we finally put the whining doggie out in the porch with the kennel door open so he could go in or out and let him hang out in the porch----if you shut the kitchen door AND the bedroom door,you couldn't hear anything,so i think he finally stopped that problem----what i couldn't stand was all the destroying of funiture legs that were being chewed and the fact that EVERYone who wanted the dog was unavailable when the huddas and wheepers needed to be cleaned up.-----YOU want doggie,YOU love doggies----so YOu will deal with all of this and end up with a fabulous pet!!!!I LIKE JET AS IN JET BLACK BUT ANOTHER NAME FOR BLACK I LIKE IS "RAVEN'.---our chestnut tree was hit by lightening last night and a giant branch fell on the sidewalk---had to pay to get it cleaned up!----------funny---today mom and i and my friend were talking about chicken bones and how they have new ones that have a chocolate covering over the pink cinnamon candy covering which covers the chocolate---i guess they just sell those fancy ones at the Ganong Candy store!!----- go here http://www.ganong.com/index.cfm?section=3&page=10

Wabby
09-21-2005, 04:33 PM
I am amazed. There is a candy out there that I know nothing about. I always thought you were referring to Chick-o-stick candies when you talked of chicken bones. I have never seen these newfangled chicken bones. We're so primitive out here in the west.

Does anyone love Nutella as much as I do? I love it on soda crackers. There is 100 calories per tablespoon of Nutella. I should throw it away.

I have no wrinkles on the back of my neck. I have no wrinkles. I have sags and bags instead.

Kiwi, my sympathies during the puppy stage. Lordy, I remember those days with my Dotty dog. Makes me tired just thinking about it.

SugP
09-21-2005, 05:34 PM
Does anyone love Nutella as much as I do?
I try not to but I can't help it. Try mixing it 50/50 with peanut butter and you'll want to take a bath in it.

Are chick-o-sticks those brown ones made of sponge toffee or something, Wabby? Those are what I know as chicken bones.

Jet is a nice name, Kiwi. Or what about Jette? Or Fluffy? I like Fluffy.

Kiwonk
09-21-2005, 05:52 PM
Wabbit, here's my helpful answer to the hair question: If your hair is already very fine, why change it? :rofl:

Dang I'm funny. Must be all that sleep I'm missing.
they put a sign reading, "Try are apple kits."Yeah, I hate it when people whose job it is to write the simplest things, can't even get that right. Earlier today I saw on TV one of those little promo lines at the bottom of the screen that said "Congrates to Patricia Arquette". I mean they managed to get her name right, but apparently no one bothered to read it before they put it on the air.

Bags, I like Raven too, but DD says it just reminds her of some dumb pop singer, so I guess that's out. Ah, the chewing. Well, we will be dealing with a lot of that, it seems.

Well, if I don't post this it will be tomorrow....

Kiwi

Kiwonk
09-21-2005, 05:54 PM
Peanut butter is 100 calories a tablespoon too. So is almost any fat, isn't it? Uhoh, I hear DH going "Aaaargggghh". Better get out the paper towels.

K

Kiwonk
09-21-2005, 05:56 PM
Yes, Sugar, I was thinking it would be better Jette. Well, Fluffy she certainly is, but I always think of cats when I hear that. By the way, the puppy made friends with one of our cats today. The cat let her sniff her and everything. Then Puppy chased her into the woods. Heehee.

k

Wabby
09-21-2005, 07:13 PM
Wabbit, here's my helpful answer to the hair question: If your hair is already very fine, why change it? Kiwi, that was very corny, but very funny. har har. :lol:

I like Jette, but only if you spell it with an e on the end. I don't know why. Just don't name her Spirit. That's the goofy name our neighbor named his dog and I cringe every time I hear it. Our dogs are named Lucas and Dotty. Lucas was 2 when we got him, so we didn't want to confuse him by changing his name, and Dotty just looked like a Dotty. I called her Damn
Dog for a long time until she was housetrained and she stole my heart. She was given to us by our former Doctor, who only gave his very special patients one of his puppies. I wanted to strangle him when DH and DS came home from an office visit w/ a dog.

Sugar, I'm going right home to try your nutella/p-nut butter mix. You are a bad influence.

Did anyone see the new sit com on NBC called My Name is Earl? It was hi-larry-*** (as Bagzie would so delicately put it).

Painty? you still out there?

Schatzi
09-21-2005, 09:18 PM
Bagz--Thankyou for clearing up the chicken bone issue.. awhile back I recall Peachie asking for 10lbs of chicken bones.. Hmmm I thought, I guess she is making mass quantities of soup..Who Knew!

Kiwi: Ah yes, puppy training days! I walked around with a roll of Brawny under my arm for bout 2 weeks..Darby and Casey aren't chewers.. our first Muffin went through 2 telephone cords..learned to scale the puppy fence and had a fetish for snooping in unattended handbags. These two loved to play with the toilet paper on the roll providing them with hours of entertainment whilst I dealt with cleaning up all the shreds! These two are now into terrorizing the resident toad. hmmmm.. did you know that when they try to nip the toad, the toad must produce some icky thing that makes the dog start to foam at the mouth..
Jette is a nice name... I can't think of any neat names for consideration.

Peachie..I have very straight,limp, thin hair... I dyed it and its too dark...now I look like a Fat morticia...I did trim it last night with kitchen shears..yes... I get impulsive like that... It looks horrid and I will be forced to go to a real salon.. I'm thinking of a shag with bangs ..cut to the top of my shoulders. I also have been cursed with the Hanaway Wattle.. I'm getting that throaty crinkly wrinkles..I think I shall wear turtle necks the rest of my life. Sigh

Wabby: so glad that grandpop's plumbing is working ok.. and blonde highlites sound loverly...
Sug: I've seen Nutella, but never bought it ..but may pick up a jar...That's all I need is some other new high fat crap to get addicted to!

Bagzz
09-21-2005, 10:49 PM
i like Jette--------reminds me of Paul McCartney----the cute one---oh that reminds me of lushie---she used to love us-----------------time to get organized,or go to sleep-------hmmmmmmmmmmmm ----who is in the way of Rita??? not peachbuns i hope??

Schatzi
09-22-2005, 11:20 AM
hmmm Rita is heading for Texass... I'm hoping Painty is not near the coast... :?: maybe time to evacuate and use some duct tape on that Sea Urchin HEAD dress miss Painty!

There are too many reptiles here. A herd of toads (or is it a pride or gaggle of toads? KIWI??? )and I'm not likin them one bit.. and a big fat Black snake has taken up residence in the wood pile...I hear both reptiles are "good" and take care of the bugs and skeeters... but oh Lushie... what's it like back home? Whine.. are you wearing long pants yet? Is it Autumn? It's 90ish ...there's something wrong with being in the end of Sept and Sweating!

Did I tell you all that We went for a hike on Saturday, looked for places to put the kayaks in.. and went to look at some houses... we hit on a development that had the acreage.. the houses are way so over the top big .. and the price tag was like 600,000. RIDIKULOUS! We asked about a lot, and if they put in pools and he asks... are you all from NY/NJ? He heeeee...seems having pools was never a NC thing, but since lots of us yanks are moving down they get lots of requests for pools. I'm looking at the neighborhood.. younguns, wives in polo shirts,sun visors and Talbot shorts... Young..tan .. pretty.. how do they AFFORD these monstrosities? I am so freekin bored now that the move is over.. I'm doing all that domestic crap u wish (or were glad you didnt) have time for.. clean the crack mobile, wash windows...bleah... I want me a chicken bone.

Cowpernia
09-22-2005, 12:51 PM
1. The chicken bones are MINE ALL MINE.

2. It is perhaps not swimmingpoolness that gives you away. It is perhaps your odd vowels.

I just got a haircut. Called yesterday and asked for an appt with Amanda who has cut it before. She was busy all day. So I asked about today. Busy all day except 8 am. How about 10:00 Friday, she says. So I ask if Someone Else could cut it and got the time I wanted. I was there an hour. During the whole complete hour, Amanda sat and read a magazine. All's I know is I won't ask for her again.

The person used a straight-iron on my hair and now I want one.

Shots, do you have love bugs in NC? Would you like some? They don't bite or anything.

Kiwonk
09-22-2005, 01:33 PM
Did anyone see the new sit com on NBC called My Name is Earl? It was hi-larry-*** (as Bagzie would so delicately put it). It was! I really liked it -- somebody finally had a new idea.

What's wrong with Spirit? Not that I'd use it, mainly because I am superstitious: I figure calling a dog Spirit will make it become one soon. No doubt Jet/Jette will always zoom around like a jet.

I've got too much fat on me to have any wrinkles. Probably that's why I am psychologically unable to lose weight -- I will look like an old crone if I do.

I can't wait to see grandpa's blond highlights! :chin:

A Hop of Toads? A Wart of Toads? Perhaps a Gallop of Toads.

I used to get so mad at people in NC. We moved there from Buffalo, NY, and one of the first things my parents did was join a swim club (actually our nextdoor neighbor had a pool but never invited us over to swim in it) and I thought it was really mean of the club not to open their pool until Memorial Day weekend! And then they would close Labor Day. It's ridiculous -- I swim here in September! In NC, you could easily enjoy a pool for 5 months of the year, but they're never open that much.

Gotta go try to find some sleep.

Kiwi

Schatzi
09-22-2005, 02:16 PM
Peachtree: post a peecture of the new DOOOO. I need inspiration!!!I have mine in a pony tail..must "trim" areas I missed before I go to the real salon to repair my damage.. ...Love bugs? hmmm I just KNOW you southern folk make up these cute names for some of these large Prehistoric monstrosities..PULEESE don't tell me it's one of those exoskelton armadillo like large cockroach like thingies..EWWWW...and peachers youse think I godan aksent but I don't
Kiwinie Puppy mommy:hmmm "SppppppIRIIIIIT.. Spppppirrrritttt:.. "GAWD that sounds Gay (Not that there's anything wrong with that) But it sounds not only whiney but like WHO IS THAT LOONEY WOMAN CALLING OUT TO NOW!

I took a break from cleaning windows... the hop of Toads don't liken beein squirted with windex...
and why did you move from the humid sweaty south to the fridgidness of the north.. ?

Mus check out Earl... sounds right up my alley

Wabby
09-22-2005, 02:20 PM
Kiwi, now you're confusing me, and you know how easily confused I am. I have the blonde highlights, Grandpa doesn't. He likes to ogle blonde women, (not me of course) but he's not blonde. He does, however, have more hair than DH does.

Ppl here don't have pools either, Schatzi. I don't know why. Supposedly our summers are too short, but our spring and fall are long and warm. When I get the House of My Dreams I want a pool, with a cute pool guy to go with.

I don't know why the dog name Spirit gives me the heebeejeebees. It just does.

Insects and reptiles are two reasons I couldn't live back east. The things we don't have are 1. poisonous snakes (except east of the Cascade mountains). 2. ticks (except, again on the other side of the mountains) 3. Big ol' toads. We have tiny cute tree frogs. 4. As a rule, cockroaches. 5. Blackflies. Another thing we don't have is hurricanes. Poor ppl down south. Especially the ppl who have evacuated to Houston and are now being evacuated again. The bad stuff about here - 1.too much gray weather in the winter. 2. housing prices are horrendous. 3. possibility of earthquakes, but nothing like California. 4. All the other cows live too far east or south.

Peaches, tell us about your haircut. I'm thinking I want Charlize Theron's hair in the movie Sweet November. Google it and tell me what you think. I'm sure it would make me look like Charlize's twin sister.

My mailman just gave me a 20 minute blow by blow of his latest back surgery along with x rays of somebody pokin' a honkin' huge needle in his spine. For some reason he thinks I'm interested. Sometimes he brings me pictures of his moto-cross track and motorcycle. I must have a huge "bored to death, talk to me about anything" sign on my forehead.

In spite of having a nasty headache, I've managed to blather on for quite a long post. Do you'all have one of those signs on your forehead too???? ;)

PainterWoman
09-22-2005, 10:58 PM
I am avoiding the premier of ER. Too much drama.
Rita will probably "only" be category 2 or 3 by the time it reaches north Texas... but the evacuees from Galveston and Houston have already filled all the hotel and motel rooms between there and AMARILLO. Good grief. (go look on a map... anyplace else it'd be three states over.)

I'll lash stuff down on the porch tomorrow as we're not supposed to even get rain til Saturday morning. Till then, it'll still be 100 degrees during the day time. It's 10 pm and still 83. :devil:

I have given up candy and peanut butter (and Nutella... I don't buy it that often...). I've put on 10+ pounds with chemo and since I'm to tired to exercise, I guess it's up to the water-flushing routine and decreased calories to make a difference. My "winter clothes" don't have the same expansive qualities that my summer ones do... so it is high time. Sigh.

Color me :(

Cowpernia
09-22-2005, 11:02 PM
Painty .. this should cheer you up. While looking for knitting materials online, I ran across these boys (http://www.pisadesigns.com/GangstaKnitter.htm) . Probably bored Canadians.

I can't tell about the haircut as it is sprayed and straightened all stiff-like. After I was the appleness out of the shape, I can explain better. It's just short and brown anyway.

SugP
09-23-2005, 07:34 AM
While looking for knitting materials online, I ran across these boys (http://www.pisadesigns.com/GangstaKnitter.htm) . Probably bored Canadians.
Hill-larry-***! Bored Canadians 4 sure!! Looks as if they filmed that at Bagzie's house out back. :lol:

Wait! I just checked. One of them is from New Jersey. Even better. :D

My hair is more than shoulder length now and wavy and mousie brown and I'm thinking of buying one of those highlighting kits and having dh help me because there's not way I'm spreading bleach on the back of my head when I can't see what's going on. I guess I could go to the hairdresser, but who has the $$$$?

Wabs, I think a bit lighter is always better than darker. Darker makes one look wrinkly, I think, unless it's your natural colour. What about a blondish colour with darker blonde lowlights or something? Not that I have any idea what I'm talking about.

Painty! I am glad you're not too much in in Rita's way and I hear you on the non-stretchy winter wardrobe. NOTHING I have fits except for an old pair of camel stretch cords with a broken zipper. Went downtown today and got two pairs of s-t-r-e-t-c-h pants in a size that actually fits without cutting off my circulation. Nearly cried at the back view in the changing room mirror though.

Kiweeeenie - having that pup must be almost like having a newborn in the house. But she sounds so adorable and I'm sure she'll be great once she settles down and gets used to y'all.

Schatzi - reptiles??? Eeee! How do the Talbot's crowd deal with those? I guess they get the pool guy to take care of it? :D

Wabby
09-23-2005, 02:26 PM
Painty, if there was any time in your life that you're allowed to cut yourself some slack, now is the time. Think kind and healing thoughts about your body. I'm sure that once some of those chemicals leave your system, you'll start feeling more like yourself. :grouphug:

I actually prefer winter clothing. You can cover so much more up. All my winter things are too tight, but I've decided not to fight it and just go shopping. I don't need a bunch of clothes, because I don't do all that much, so I figure I'm just going to resign myself to the reality of what size I really wear and buy some things that fit. Sugar, don't look at the back view. Saves you from a lot of heartache. I should know.

This is day two of the nasty headache. Doctor gave me some new migraine drugs to try. I took one 45 minutes ago. Hasn't worked yet. At least my migraines haven't been getting to the excrutiating level lately. Here's my report - blood pressure is up, weight is up, waiting for cholesterol and blood sugar report. Bleeh. Why do I not exercise, not watch what I eat and expect any different result?

Peachez, where do you find stuff like the punk knitters???!!! Cwazy.

Sugar, send me a ticket to Germany and I'll help you do your hair. I do DH's mustache w/ Just for Men. Heee.

PainterWoman
09-24-2005, 12:18 AM
Cowabunga! LOVE those Jersey Gangsta Knitters!

Wabbs--I hope your migraine goes away... FAR away. Maybe to N. Korea?

Sug... I totally recommend RED!! don't have to mess with bleach that way. (Bleach has scared me ever since a Surfer-boy wanna-be fried his hair so bad in the 8th grade that most of it fell out.)
And, Why, I don't know, but DH seems to think having a red head in the house is hot. What a silly man... I'm still droopy (in many more ways than one), tired, and waddling... but the red hair perks him up. Which is a happy thing to be able to do!

Schatzi
09-24-2005, 09:25 AM
The Gansta Knitters are priceless! Hmmpf Princeton was only 20 minutes from me.. too bad, I would have gone to see that Santa P and the Elves show..
Painty..Glad you are far from Rita! Texas is such a huge state..

wabby..I hope your head starts to feel better.. I've only had a handful of migraines in my life.. I can't imagine having them weekly or monthly! :(

SugP.. I tried that home highliting kit.. Another disaster ... My hair was bozo orange streaked! He took a picture and sent it to all our friends.. oh yeah he's a funny one!

I read up on these Toads and apparently they are very poisionous to dogs.. Yesterday both girls came in all frothy .I had to spray out their mouths.. and watch them for any cardiac prob.. So that does it! I am now on a mission to de-frog the yard..I put a bucket out under the porch light last night and caught me one big toad.. took it down the street to the woods and let it go.. DH is going to find some reptile Go Away Spray or whatever.. but I don't want him to kill them...just deter them from entering our space.

Cowpernia
09-24-2005, 09:42 AM
Wabbo ... I don't know how I found them. That was yesterday. Too long ago. Now, I know you don't post on weekends; I know you stay home and make muffins and barbecue shiskabobs and such; but I'll pretend you're here and say that for many many years of my life, I had headaches more than I didn't have headaches. I went to sleep with them and woke up with them. I had migraines that lasted for days. I remember one I had when DS was a toddler. I fell asleep with him sitting on the bed with me and woke with the entire bed covered with his books. I have used every migraine medicine that was available up to imitrex in its many forms. I have been to the ER and been knocked out several times because of the pain. For all that, the best thing that works for me, the only thing that works and it ALWAYS works for me, is Excedrin Migraine. Somebody in the drugstore said the ingredients were no different from regular Excedrin but if she's right, I sure don't care. Before Excedrin Migraine, I took bottles of pain killer with me everywhere and left them in my friends' houses if they didn't regularly stock that kind of thing. I couldn't be without it. Was always in pain. Regulary ... I mean way way regularly .. I would throw up in the car because of the migraine. I used to drive DS to school with a bowl in my lap. I didn't get more headaches during menopause but more of them were migraines. Bottles of Excedrin Migraine are in my purse and on several surfaces in my house. (I must address that with Flylady.) I love this product more than chocolate. Also, one thing I learned accidetnally was that citric acid gave me migraines. I once drove to Atlanta and back in a day and, on the way, heard an add for Citrical on the radio. I bought some on the trip and was sick for weeks and weeks. I thought it was the trip. My joints hurt and I thought it was the sitting. Then I quit the Citrical and felt fine. Since then, I notice that if I have a drink with citrus acid in it, I get a headache.

There is this PERFECT JOB open that I am so qualified for and would love. The problem: it's with the agency that's overseen by the woman I previously worked for. It's a separate agency but she can .. and probably will sometime in the future .. put them out of business. That is, unless the state sees that she and her counterparts are superfluous and a waste of money and get rid of her. Anyhow, I guess I'll apply for the job but she so intimidates everyone that it would be a miracle for me to be hired.

Kiwonk
09-24-2005, 04:20 PM
"SppppppIRIIIIIT.. Spppppirrrritttt:.. "GAWD that sounds Gay (Not that there's anything wrong with that) But it sounds not only whiney but like WHO IS THAT LOONEY WOMAN CALLING OUT TO NOW!Okay, you've got a point there...and why did you move from the humid sweaty south to the fridgidness of the north.. ?Done found me a lumberjack to get hitched to. Well, not exactly a lumberjack, but he did live on an idyllic pond in a cabin. So I escaped the overheated overcrowded Charlotte milieu and never looked back.Kiwi, now you're confusing me, and you know how easily confused I am. I have the blonde highlights, Grandpa doesn't.HeeHee Just kidding, m'dear. I knew it was you. I was enjoying the image of Grandpa with blond highlights, though...

We do have blackflies here (oh boy do we have blackflies), but no poisonous snakes, supposedly, in the state of Maine. Not much in the way of roaches either.

Painty, it just doesn't seem fair that you gained weight with the chemo. A little gauntness ought to be one of the side effects. Not fair. Hope you haven't gotten anything much from Lovely Rita.

This is as far as I've gotten reading posts. You'd think I'd been out of town or something. Will read more later. Must go now and clean out the dog crate. We had a visit with the vet yesterday (he claimed that Jet is the "nicest puppy he's seen in a long time"--but you knew that), and I asked his advice about the whining etc. He said she should be able to last for 4 hours in the crate at night and to put it in another room so you can stand to ignore the whining until she settles down. So we put her in the kitchen, she calmed down after a while (or I fell asleep) and I set the alarm for 3+ hours later. When I got up to take her out, it was like **** on a stick. She had pooped in the crate and apparently thrashed all around and the entire crate was covered with poop, and she had it all over her paws and belly. I took the crate out into the mudroom and left it there, and gave her a bath (at least the best I could in the middle of the night). Not good. We're going back to my method tonight. Anyway I have to go hose out the crate. CU

Kiwi

Bagzz
09-24-2005, 04:53 PM
I Forget What Your Method Is???? Tell Us!!!---i Tripped On The Stairs Going Into My House And Smashed My Knee Into The Cement---it Hurts Like **** And I Am Limping ------------what An ***.

Bagzz
09-26-2005, 11:10 AM
i have it on good authority that Kiwonk is exhausted -----Jette has totally worn her out----she will need two carafes of coffee before she is able to report in-----WHERE THE **** WAS EVERYONE THIS WEEKEND------I BOUGHT CHOCOLATE COVERED CHICKEN BONES AT THE GANONG FLAGSHIP STORE ON FRIDAY-------------DIVINE.

Wabby
09-26-2005, 12:21 PM
Poor Kiwi reminds me of newborn baby days. Why don't you try setting your alarm for only 2+ hours. At least you'd get a couple hours rest inbetween potty breaks. Thank goodness you really wanted this puppy, huh? The last puppy I got was brought home by DH and DS and left to me to housetrain and take care of. I still don't think I'm over it. :mad:

I bought 2 pair of pants in my new size yesterday. Guess what? Even tho my pants are bigger, I look thinner because they're not stretched tight across my fat arse. I also bought DD a new warm up suit, & sweater, and the future DIL 2 maternity tops. I like buying other ppl clothes more than me. They're all young and cute.

Peachez, I used to have those horrible sick, sick, I feel like dying migraines. Now I just have low grade not quite bad enough to stay home from work but still nauseas migraines. I've tried Excedrin migraine before, but I might try it again since my latest prescription ones are so darn expensive. 8 bucks a pill, even with insurance. It's called Zomig. It did work, but made me feel kind of funny. And not funny ha-ha.

Remember the intersection that I almost ran into the person at on my way to work? Well today I almost turned left in front of a huge SUV that would have flattened me at the same intersection. Screeching of brakes and honking of horns. Eeeek. You'd think that on the 5 minute drive to work that I have that I could stay awake and pay attention.

Schatzi, I have never heard of poisonous toads. How strange. I suppose your doggies think they're fun to chase. SppppppIRIIIIIT.. Spppppirrrritttt:.. That is exactly the way the neighbor calls his dog. Heebeejeeebees.

Has anyone seen the movie Crash? It's out on DVD. It is sooooo good. Not a happy feel good movie, but it really, really makes you think. Watch it.

Owie, Bagzie, you talk mean to yourself when you should be talking nice and buying yourself extra chocolate to make yourself feel better. Oh yeah, you did that. ;)

We bought Grandpa a lift chair off of Craig's list. It's like new. He insists that he has no problem getting in and out of a chair (yeah, right, that's why he won't sit in anything but a hard, upright chair). Anyway, he's a happy camper.

Sugar, I second RED haircolor. Maybe a dark auburn color. So stylish. So sexy. Like that skinny Bree character on Desperate Housewives. Vaaa-vaa-voom. It sure seems to be working for Painty :s: :devil:

Kiwonk
09-26-2005, 01:51 PM
FYI Toads and frogs are amphibians, just in case that makes a difference in the choice of deterrent, Schatzi! Good luck. We had a fat toad that lived on our doorstep for years. We called him Clarence. My old dog never tried to eat him. This puppy probably would; she likes to eat everything.

Gotta go do errands. Later, gators (now that's a reptile!)

Kiwi

Cowpernia
09-26-2005, 02:38 PM
I need to see more pictures of Jettsie. In that running one she looks JUST LIKE Angus the Scottie Dog that lived by the geese and the mulberry tree.

Bagzz
09-26-2005, 02:53 PM
yes,more pictures of Jette please------------how did you like my Brown Cows??? when i approached them for a picture,they rose up as if to greet me and politely posed---i was enthralled----i think we should learn from these graceful fat ars-ed ones.

Cowpernia
09-26-2005, 04:06 PM
I haven't seen the brown cows. I got email from Sugar saying she liked them. Show me the cows.

Wabby
09-27-2005, 12:37 PM
I could show you our cows. They're not as cute as Bagzie's cows. Our cows are black and white and are beefier. You know why. We only have 2 cows and I try not to get to know them personally.

My DH has his heart set on buying a Harley that our Elvis friend is selling. I told him no. He says it's a good investment and he could sell it for a profit. I'm afraid he would want to keep it. It's just always something. Men. He's stopped smoking and he thinks he deserves a reward. I've never smoked and so far I haven't gotten any rewards for it. :tantrum:

Cowpernia
09-27-2005, 06:17 PM
get him another cow as a reward and show us the pictures. A picture of Elvis with a cow will be very appreciated.

I had an interview today. The job is a good .. not great .. the pay is good .. not enough .. the boss is nice .. I've known her a long time .. doesn't mean she'll hire me .. there were male applicants and personally I'd hire one of them.

Kiwonk
09-27-2005, 06:31 PM
My DH has his heart set on buying a Harley that our Elvis friend is selling. I told him no. He says it's a good investment and he could sell it for a profit. I'm afraid he would want to keep it. It's just always something. Men. He's stopped smoking and he thinks he deserves a reward. I've never smoked and so far I haven't gotten any rewards for it. :tantrum:Ha, I can identify with that. I begged DH to quit smoking before DD was born, when she was a baby, when she was a little girl, when she was old enough to know what he was doing. I quit talking about it finally when it became clear that she thought smoking was really stupid. I figured he'd reaped what he'd sowed. Then he finally quit, incredibly enough for good. And now he wants a new guitar (he owns 3, he had bought another one and sold it) as a reward. I think he should get a good job as a reward. :s:

Puppy is adorable/driving us crazy. She found her way into the cats' food box and ate everything in their dish -- probably 2 cups of dry food. She's been sleeping it off for an hour and a half. On a positive note, she is going about 4 hours at night without messing in the crate. Yay, me. I take full credit.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
09-27-2005, 06:33 PM
Why would you hire the guys instead of you? I hope you get it. Well, it would be better if it paid enough. But still.

Schatzi
09-28-2005, 01:42 PM
How Now Brown Cows!

Peachie..I hope you get the job! Fingers Crossed darlin'

Kiwi: oooh Amphibian Schmevians.. As for my on going battle against the FROGS and TOADS... my Bucket traps aren't working! So... last night, DH being the anal retentive analytical type surfed the net to find all the variety of frogs and toads in NC... Well, I was subjected to listening to "clips" of frog sounds..which gave me the heebyjeebies... Here's my DH, squinting and cocking his head..listening intently to EACH and EVERY frog.. "rrrt rrt rrt "..Hmmm , No,no, that's not it...ERRRRRRRRIT ERITTTTICKICKICK..no, Thats not it" WHAT THE HOODLEDOO! ...Yes Folks, I know, I know, the fun never stops at the Schatzi household..

Bagz: Hmmm, I like my cows with sleeves, or as handbags... and a GOOOD STEAK!
Wabbu: Do you milk the cows? I never had fresh milk...

Went to visit the Village Hair Saaaaylon this morning.. He did not like my hedge clipped do it yerselfer job.. I have a body wave and cut to my shoulders and shall return in 2 weeks for Color correction...I sure done botched my hair but good this timeeeeeee.

Later PerTaters ( I believe that is a tuber)

Schatzi
09-28-2005, 01:47 PM
Three Texas surgeons were playing golf together and discussing surgeries
they had performed.
One of them said, "I'm the best surgeon in Texas. A concert pianist lost
7 fingers in an accident,
I reattached them, and 8 months later he performed a private concert for
the Queen of England."
One of the others said. "That's nothing. A young man lost both arms and
legs in an accident, I
reattached them, and 2 years later he won a gold medal in field events
in the Olympics."
The third surgeon said, "You guys are amateurs. Several years ago a
cowboy who was high on cocaine
and alcohol rode a horse head-on into a train traveling 80 miles an
hour. All I had left to work
with was the horse's *** and a cowboy hat. Now he's president of the
United States."

Cowpernia
09-28-2005, 02:13 PM
Good one, Shots.

My living room is so nicer looking than when I worked. Pictures are finally on the wall. We've only been here 2 years and I kept thinking I didn't have what I wanted. Finally, I look pictures that DS made in school and some I owned and we picked out a little group and it's over the sofa and good. Wanna see?

Grrr. I took a picture and was goona show you but I forgot how and DS ever-so-smartly installed the program in SPANISH>

Wabby
09-28-2005, 02:34 PM
:lol: :lol3: :cp: :lol: Oh Schatzi! that was a good one!!!! :D

Peachez, we all know the best man for the job is a woman! Good luck dearie. Yup. show us the pictures. I had a cool old metal screen thingie that I wanted DH to hang in our bedroom. He promised me he would for a couple months. No such luck. I hung it, along w/ a couple pictures and a purty little wreath thingie when he was gone to the rodeo. Now this is hanging right over the mans head while he sleeps. He never mentioned it. I swear he didn't even notice. We haven't had this much decorating talk since your sissie used to hang around, Peach.

Schatzi, these critters are for eating, not milking. That's why I don't like to get to know them personally. I don't make eye contact. My appt. with the hair salon is tonight. Not a minute too soon.

Good job on the puppy training, Kiwi. You deserve full credit.

Bagzz
09-28-2005, 02:45 PM
YESSSSSSS----lushie used to love redecorating and painting and the like---i do miss that---i would like to paint my dining room candy cane red with cloud white trim----i intend to HAVE IT DONE by my gay painter----i want the bedroom painted as well----now that we are discussing this------let us see the pics of peachbat's living room ---kiwi---teach her how!!!!!

Cowpernia
09-28-2005, 03:03 PM
Maybe this will work.

Schatzi
09-28-2005, 04:33 PM
ooh that's a loverly arrangement! It looks like DS is quite talented as well.

Wabby: do you eat the cows..like takem to a butcher and make london broils and rump roasts? Yummmmm

Bagzzz" that dining room colors sounds very striking!

Kiwi is probably tuckered out from all her new mommy duties....

SugP
09-28-2005, 05:12 PM
Oooh, Peachy! That looks very, very nice.

Schatz - I got that joke last week in an e mail from my mother! Hilarious! "Colour correction, eh?" Sounds serious. What did you use when you highlighted your hair at home and what kind of base colour did you have? I've got all the equipment but now I'm afraid.

Wabs! How's the hair?

Bagzie- how're the cows?

Kiweenie - hope you're getting some sleep. Jette looks adorable. Will she stay black?

I started feeling odd yesterday afternoon, went to bed at 9:30 p.m., sent the kids off to school and slept for another 3 hours only to wake up with a brutal headache and spend the rest of the day in an ibuprofen induced haze. I hate it when that happens. Can heartburn give you coughing attacks?

PainterWoman
09-29-2005, 03:07 AM
Poor Sug... Hope you are feeling better.

Shatz... I hadn't gotten THAT joke yet... THANK you. I hear that the people in the beltway say he's drinking again... that would 'splain a lot, but it doesn't make me feel any better.
What do you think about that giant squid they took pictures of? Not amphibious but pretty amazing.

Wabbs-- We deserve rewards for our virtue(s).... What's available besides chocolate?

Good luck with the job hunt, Cowie.... .
I'm off to a new novel. Too sleep to knit any more. Or type.

Schatzi
09-29-2005, 07:05 AM
Sug~Well I've been on a downward spiral with my hair.. I used Loreal highlighting kit on my already dyed hair..shouldn't of been a problem, but I got totally engrossed by Whatever and left it on tooo long..turning my streaks orange....So, I attempted a repair by using more hair dye ..I couldnt find my usual brand Hydrience so I bought ColorSilk.. the color on the box looked close enough.. The result turned my hair almost BLACK with lighter brown/brassy where the highlites were... my hair was sooo burnt looking that I doused it with olive oil and slept with a bag on my head for a night... Left it alone for a week, and couldn't stand the burnt crappy ends, so I took Kitchen shears to it to trim it...
I obviously have No talent for this.. My old Hair stylist would love when I would call for emergencies..."Now what did you do???" "Put down the scissors!!" "STOP STOP "!! I once cut my bangs so short that I had to use Dippitydoo to plaster my bangs down to keep them from hydroplanning away from my head...
It looks much better now, the perm took some of the color out so it's not as black as it was.. I'm not sure about it though, it seems very very loose, and in 2 weeks I'm wondering if the perm will totally fall out. But I did make friends with "Lyn" and "Drew"..Lyn did my hair and we were the only ones in the shop sans the new receptionist.. We laughed a lot, and then Drew who runs the inspection station next store bopped in.. he inspected our cars.. We talked about Music, what's there to do ..and they said if I ever need help to ask them. Sug, I hope you feel better darlin'!!!!!

Wabby: DETAILS on your new Doooooo....

Painty: I sooo want to ram any car sporting a Bush/Cheney in 04 bumper sticker..Incompetent boob, with all his incompetent cronies.. Now Delay is indicted and thinks it's a democratic party witch hunt.. and Frisk...and talks of tax cuts!!!! What the ****, we are in soo much debt already, how do you cut taxes? Grrrrrrr... I'll get off my soap box...
Unbelievable how much the country has imploded..
Yeah, I saw the pics of the giant squid...pretty amazing mysterious creatures... I just hope the stay outta my yard! :lol:

Wabby
09-29-2005, 01:00 PM
Schatzi, your description of your hair escapades was good for a chuckle. I can tell you're a take charge person. Now I would moan and complain about my hair, but I can't ever remember even cutting my own bangs, much less be brave enough to highlight it, then try a color correction. I think with all that gumption they should put you in charge of FEMA. You'd get it done. :drill:

My new 'do ended up pretty much like my old 'do. I have a problem w/ getting distracted. I was so busy yakking it up w/ my hair cutting gal that I forgot I was going to ask her to try something different. :dizzy: She's all excited 'cause she's buying the salon she works at. The present owner has decided to move to Washington state so Patty is taking over. Cool.

Where do I see the picture of the giant squid?

DH still hasn't given up on the Harley. I may become a motorcycle mama yet. Fat girls look good in leather, don't they?

Painty, what is available besides chocolate? Nothing that I can think of thats as delectable. When I went to Weight Watchers they were always trying to get us to come up with things for rewards that didn't involve food. bubble baths. a long walk. hah. didn't even come close.

Schatzi
09-29-2005, 01:46 PM
Wabby, yes I am a take charge kinda gal..but alas, my hair escapades make Bush look like he belongs on Mount Rushmore with other 'Merica's most esteemed leaders..and sigh, make me look like an incompetent boob on the job! Very cool to have an in with the Stylist /owner! The owner , Jon. my old stylist..use to say he clear his sched. to repair my hair attempts (or at least he said so) of course I was flattered, but shoot I was a big tipper and I'm sure he lied like a bad hair dye job... I pray that your DH DOES NOT GET A DEATH MOBILE! As an Ex- EMTer I have seen my share of what happens whether or not you wear a Brain frame .. bad news... My BIL has a HD..a "FatBoy" ..very Purty, with loverly little leatherette handbags straddling the seat.... I got on it to humor him since my feet don't touch the ground and look like a hells angel dwarf ... I burnt my leg on the pipes,,and now have what apparently is called a "hog tattoo" yes , an angry purply non-hair growing portion of my inner calf...HATE HATE HATE MOTERCICCLES!!!
hmm, see msn.com for the latest pics of the Great Giant Squid..

Wabby
09-29-2005, 07:23 PM
Schatzi, no way would he be getting a "fatboy". This one's a white heritage softtail, whatever that is, but at least it sounds good. I don't know. He's always been hard to say no to. Durn man.

Schatzi
09-30-2005, 11:51 AM
Well, I was most productive yesterday even with being a motor mouth on the boards! :blah: Carpet/couches shampooed: Check; Windows washed in n out; Check.. Today I get to deposit DH's First Pay check ! Finally money coming in !
Nothing really planned for today.. cept check out what's going on in Raleigh..as tomorrow DH and I plan to explore the Moore Street district which I think is the center of the "cultural" area... Very exciting to be living in a new state/area..kinda like being on vacation ...But first must go to the Bank!

SH*T on a Stick and call it dinner.....Can you believe I think this perm already fell out!!!! :?: I didnt wash it till this morning and hmmm... no curl, no real body! WTF!!!! I dunno, I really sweated up a storm yesterday, and thought as I was shampooing the couches, etc..OMG, this couch must be filthy! All I could smell was punky feet... well IT'S THIS PERM!!!!! I was in the shower...smelling punky feet.. and I sniff my hair and WHAT!!!! Hmmpf... And, these layers look choppy, like they don't blend into my hair...Good Gravy! Well I have an appt on Oct 12th..with "Mr. Lyn" I'll wait and see...till then.

Wabby
09-30-2005, 06:23 PM
Most frustrating about the perm, Schatzi. I used to always do a perm, but for some reason my hair started getting wavey on it's own. Maybe it coincided w/ all the new chin hairs, I dunno. Anyhoo, I don't have to do the perms anymore, thankyouverymuch, cause the color upkeep is expensive enough. It would be fun to move to a totally new place. Have fun exploring this weekend.

Can anyone think of anything I want? because DH went ahead and bought that dumb motorcycle, so now's my time to go get any old thing I want. I'd buy a cute black puppy, but I already have doggies.

We are now officially homeless. We signed the final contract on our place. We're looking at 2 years until closing, then 90 days after that until we have to give possession. I'm sure this will not be a fun process.

Painty, Melissa Etheridge was on Oprah yesterday, talking about her breast cancer experience. I thought of you and all that you've been through lately. How're you feeling, darlin?

You lovelies have a wonderful weekend. See ya monday.

Kiwonk
09-30-2005, 10:03 PM
Hi cowfriendlies -- I was sitting here just yesterday typing a message when the power suddenly went out and crashed my computer, thus erasing my efforts. The power came right back on though, and I needed to take a shower before going to work at a fundraising turkey supper, so I hopped into the shower and was washing my hair when -- you guessed it -- the power went out again! Fortunately it went off and on and I had time to rinse my hair (we have a well, so no power = no water). Then it went off for good. We didn't get it back until 4 this morning.

Now, you might think I could have posted sometime earlier today. Heck I can't seem to get anything done; this is just like having a toddler in the house. I have to get up once a night with Jetttt (I haven't decided how to spell it), then I have to get up at 6:30 to get DD's lunch and either take her to school or send her off in my car. The rest of day is spent tailing this little devil dog, it seems like. This afternoon we got an impromptu invitation to a lobster feed up at a friend's camp. (For Peaches' info, the guy with 3 fingers was celebrating his 66th birthday today) So off we went and got home a little while ago. So here I am.

Kiweenie - hope you're getting some sleep. Jette looks adorable. Will she stay black?I still haven't caught up on sleep. If it weren't for the fact that DH is amenable to keeping an eye on her for a few hours almost every day, I would be a complete basket case. She had better stay black. I don't want to have to change her name to Dishrag Brown or anything... Here's what Molly looked like as an adult (below)I started feeling odd yesterday afternoon, went to bed at 9:30 p.m., sent the kids off to school and slept for another 3 hours only to wake up with a brutal headache and spend the rest of the day in an ibuprofen induced haze. I hate it when that happens. Can heartburn give you coughing attacks?Yes! If it's chronic, you should have it checked out because you can damage your whatsit or sumpin. A friend of mine had really bad acid reflux and heartburn and developed a horrible cough. I suppose if you can control the heartburn with something simple like Maalox tablets, that would prevent the damage.

Honestly, Schatzi, you're a hoot with your hair. If it weren't your very own hair, it would be amusing, eh? I love the image of your bangs hydroplaning away from your head..

Here's DD's latest music review online: http://www.northeastintune.com/music.html I'm only halfway through it at the moment. It's the review of "Barakus". She just wrote one the other day for the next issue and she really hated the group she was reviewing. The magazine's editor told her that was fine and he liked her review perfectly well. I haven't read that one yet; should be interesting to see her pan the group while trying not to be mean.

The first photo is Molly at well over 10 years old (she's got some white on her muzzle). Then I uploaded puppy pics to compare--that's Molly on the left. I think she was only about 7 weeks or so when that was taken. And the one of Jettt on the right is the day after we brought her home, so she was 8-1/2 weeks old. One thing I can definitely see is that Jet will have much finer features than Molly, narrower head, longer nose, ears set closer together. I expect she will just be a much better example of a Belgian Sheepdog, which is nice. Not that all that makes much difference in how great a dog they are, but it's kinda cool.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
09-30-2005, 10:08 PM
Well, that's weird, the pictures came out in a different order than I uploaded them. The puppy pics are the thumbnails, and the pic of Molly when she was older is the one that doesn't have a thumbnail. Of course you could probably have figured that out all by your selves, but since I suffer from perfectionism, why shouldn't you?

K

Kiwonk
09-30-2005, 10:42 PM
Sheesh, I keep trying to post about your living room photo and art display, Peaches, and I keep having trouble with one thing or another. Anyway I think it looks really great, and I also think it's nice that Clifford the Big Red Dog gets to lounge on your couch.

Jeez, Schatzi, are you sure you want to go to the same place after the stinky perm?

Wow, Wab, that's a pretty bike. Obviously you need a dandy new house to coordinate with it.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
10-01-2005, 01:25 AM
I am alarmed that Kiwi weighs 195192 lbs.

Kiwonk
10-01-2005, 10:24 AM
Hey, you've met me, didn't it look like I weighed that much? Remember how many kilos Lohani weighs? I think it was about as much as a Mack truck.

:lol: You think she'll ever speak to us again?

k

Kiwonk
10-01-2005, 10:26 AM
P.S. I said something nice about you and you said I weigh almost 1000 tons. :p

Kiwonk
10-01-2005, 10:26 AM
Do you think I'm a little schizophrenic?

SugP
10-01-2005, 06:32 PM
Do you think I'm a little schizophrenic?

Nope, neither of you are. :lol:

My feet are cold and I must go to bed. Long weekend here. German reunification day on Monday. Woo hoo. What good is that when we still haven't got a Chancellor?

Cowpernia
10-01-2005, 07:21 PM
Clifford makes a WONDERFUL pillow. It was nice of you to notice especially since the photo was a little unclear.

I have to say this. Last night, for the first time ever, I did that Flylady thing with the sink. Today it shines. Really shines. Never shone before. I'd rather have an income than a shinny sink but we takes what we can gets.

Bagzz
10-01-2005, 08:52 PM
you mean that thing where you put bleach in and leave it for an hour---i did it once and it was miraculous---you are making me want to do it again====too bad the power of suggestion doesn't work on me with dieting------------KIWONK---- great writing by the DD on the cd review==she has your linguistic prowess!!!

Cowpernia
10-01-2005, 10:51 PM
I forgot to say that about Kiwidd also. Butttt, I am overwhelmed with the talent here. I passed on certain information about a certain singer to DS who hasn't done a thing about it.

Yes. Bleach in the sink then that powdered cleaner and it actually is shiney. shinny. shiny.

I agree on the dieting. I decide to do it then forget. What is the trick?

Kiwonk
10-02-2005, 12:31 PM
Shining the sink? I'm too tired from spot cleaning the rugs every five minutes. :rolleyes: Jet was doing pretty well, not a spot indoors yesterday, then today I slept in while leaving the puppy watching to DH and DD (that is, after getting up at 3:00 am and 7:00 am for pottying. um, mostly for the puppy, thankyou). When I got up, DD said she had just been out, but neglected to mention that she hadn't done anything at all outside when she went out. In fact she was so wound up she raced around the house leaving puddles. Yeah, the dog, not the daughter.

I think I went about this wrong. I should have made a bargain with DD that she would beg and beg to have a puppy and then I could complain about all the work I'm doing. As it is I cain't hardly complain at'all. :bb:

I did do the dishes last night. I did not shine my sink. I will never diet; it's too much trouble. I will just be porky.

I need some slippers. Are these too weird? (http://images.rei.com/media/601517.jpg) I think I like them.
Kiwi

Cowpernia
10-02-2005, 01:44 PM
The slippers look way comfy. You are a perfect mom to both DD and Jet. That's enough for now.

SugP
10-02-2005, 02:55 PM
Those slippers are great! If you weird - ds9 has some blue hairy ones with black claws on them.

Cherry Cow
10-03-2005, 08:11 AM
Does anyone else have Paul McCartney's voice in their head now? JET!

I haven't seen pictures of posing cows, but perhaps it's because I don't have my computer checking that account yet? (I had to switch hard drives and reinstall XP last weekend.)

I'm still fat but ever so slightly less so since I stopped drinking the coffee at work, which requires many creams and sugars to make drinkable.

School is still trying to kill me, but I am fighting back valiantly.

Schatzi
10-03-2005, 10:40 AM
slippers ..nice schlubbin shoes indeed! and agree with Bagzz.. DD writes very well, I look forward to her next review...

Sug..hmmm, that is interesting no one running the country over there? Kinda like ours....

Well, I had a totally out of control eating week top off by eating a quart of Starbucks Java chip.. (well, I had to finish it to get back on South Beach before today) So off to Harris Teeters for lots of veggies and stuff to get back on plan as I feel the lard flaps beginning to become blobs.. This morn: gave my 2 babies their baths: Check, heartgard and frontline treatments: Check, Calls to PSEG and my student loan for payoff amounts: Plants repotted: Check... so now off to Harris Teeters, then on to Michaels Craft store..I plan on carving at least 5 pumpkins this Holloween and my tools need replacing.. and then if time permits I'll start to clean ..if not there's always reading dark tower book 6!

Wabby
10-03-2005, 12:37 PM
then on to Michaels Craft store..I plan on carving at least 5 pumpkins this Holloween Schatzi, you must take pictures of any Halloween displays. Bagzie always did this before she became a workin' woman. I never manage to get around to decorating for Halloween, but I love it when other ppl do it.

Kiwi, just what is weird about those slippers? I like 'em. DD is talented as a writer and a performer, and smart and pretty too. That girl is going far in this world.

Good lordy, it's time to wear shoes that actually enclose my feet. No more flip flops. my feets are killing me. I wonder if I didn't have these extra 30 pounds weighing me down if it would help. I wonder if I'll ever lose the weight to find out.

I had the baby shower brunch on Sunday for my friend's daughter. It turned out really nice, she received lotsa cool stuff and we had a big turn out. Around 20 ppl. I ended up making Quiche Lorraine, Brocolli cheddar quiche, fruit platter, zuchini bread, a potato casserole, spiral sliced ham & Belinnis & coffee to drink. We all ate 'til we were ready to explode, then topped it off with cake. Gotta have cake at a baby shower.

Cowper, I'm going to bleach the sink tonight. You've inspired me.

Hi-ho Cherry-o. Good to hear what's up with you. :)

SugP
10-03-2005, 02:09 PM
We all ate 'til we were ready to explode, then topped it off with cake. Gotta have cake at a baby shower.
Absolutely, Wabby! Everyone knows the baby won't come out right if you don't have cake. :lol: You are just the ulitmate hostess.

I got 6 punkins this year because dh keeps bringing them home and then finding more so we MAY just be doing a display. But we all know how organized I am so I'll probably do well just to get a couple of them carved on time, much less find the camera and take a picture. :dizzy:

Hi Cherry! "Jet" ALWAYS makes me think of Paul (the cute one). Sorry school is torturing you but it'll all be worth it in the end, right?

Hi Kiweee! Hi Bagz! Hi Peachy! Hi Schatzi!

Bagzz
10-03-2005, 02:23 PM
just a quick comment------MY DH HAS KIWI'S SLIPPERS!!!--- i have some too, but a different pattern---they are THE most comfortable slippers ever and they are made in Maine i think---are they Acorn???? WE LOVE THEM HERE and i try to get some every year even though they actually last several years-----BUY THEM!!!! gotta go back to work---the Queen Mary II is coming tomorrow ---gotta spiff up the shop----Martha Stewart is coming to Nova Scotia on the weekend to ride in a pumpkin!!! they grow 1000 pound pumpkins,hollow them out and then Race them!!! i think on the water!!!! wish i could go watch but it's Thanksgiving weekend and the dd's are home from University---------TATA----hello to all and ** kiss kiss**

Schatzi
10-03-2005, 03:45 PM
I hath returned from the big shopping SPA Reeeeeeeeeee...
I have this moundy thing in the front yard which will be purrfect for my Halloween/fallish display.. I bought little bales of hay, some autumish colored berries and leaves... A plastic gord on which I shall paste and paint into a dumplingish scarecrow dude, with a straw hat, and birds upon his head..and plop him up on a hay bale. I got some plastic pumpkins to carve for now...About the week before Halloween I will proceed with the real carved pumpkins to line the drive way... Sigh, this will be my first year in like 20 that I won't be dressing up with all my friends... We did since I was about 25 and would go to big balls and costume parties..the last 3 years we went to Salem for the "witches brew".. So I will now find a new tradition to replace it.

Wabby: The food sounds DEVINE!!!!! The **** with opening the presents! Bring me CAKE! :D

Bagz: Martha in a pumpkin..Pumpkin Boats? Sounds Bizarrely Fun!! Hope all those QE2 folk spend spend spend!!

Cherry: Hopefully you will get a break soon..yes? and Peachie: Thanks about Flybat lady.. I went to the site but I had to take a nap after reading all that Zone crap stuff...

Sug: 6 PUMPKINS!!!! already!! Do Germans celebrate Halloween? or am I so showing my ignorance yet again!

SugP
10-03-2005, 04:37 PM
Schatzi is the new Halloween Display Queen!!!

My mind is boggled.

Well, although it's not a German custom at all, Germans have been copying and attempting to celebrate Halloween for the past few years. They keep getting the day and the time wrong, though. We have (Turkish) kids coming to our house in the afternoon a week before the 31st asking for candy. :lol: Hmm. Maybe I should print out a pamphlet and distribute it around the neighbourhood?

I don't know what's with all the pumpkins. Dh just found a bunch and bought 'em.

Kiwonk
10-03-2005, 09:04 PM
Does anyone else have Paul McCartney's voice in their head now? JET!Oh yes, ever since I decided on the name, as a matter of fact!

Thanks for the compliments on DD's reviews. I will pass them along.

We'd be better off if we really didn't have anyone running this country, Schatzi, eh? I can't believe his nominee for Supreme Ct, what an ***hole.

omigod, Starbucks Java Chip -- the work of the devil, eh?

I already did the dishes tonight -- I must be inspired! Maybe I'll go shine the sink too! I think I've been getting hot flashes. :flame:

Gotta go watch lots of tV and keep puppy from eating anything lethal.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
10-03-2005, 11:49 PM
Salem, Mass.? I was born there. Seriously.

Bagzz
10-04-2005, 06:06 AM
think "the Eagles"----------oooooooooo--ooooooooooooo witchy wo-man-----------kiwonk---tell us of your ancestry!!! after all All Hallow's Eve is approaching and I have been dethroned!!!!

Schatzi
10-04-2005, 08:05 AM
Kiwi...just full of mystery! Yep, Salem Mass... Love going there the Week before Halloween..been there on Halloween and it was one big outtacontrol Frat party with kids burning the stuffy guy decorations..It was like being in the middle of a riot..very scary! Bennie and the Jetts... I thought a that, but Jettttt looks more like Joan Jett to me..

Sug: that made me laugh so hard! Put a sign up " come back on the 31st ! Maybe you can paint all those pumpkins... this neighborhood looks safe, so I'm taken a chance that my display won't be sacked and ravaged..and I'll dig out the camera for some pics... I still don't know how to resize them unless I use that stupid thumbnail program..

this morn I trimmed the babies ears and feet... they wouldn't sit long enough for me to finish between their pads or tail..I'll have ta finish them later... today I'm going to clean..NOn-flybat style. Then I can start my crafts guilt free.. :D

Wabby
10-04-2005, 12:01 PM
Sugar, your description of a German Halloween would make a good skit on SNL. John Belushi as the disgruntled German homeowner chasing off the little Turkish kids. :lol:

Bagzie, you Canadians are so much classier than we are. Martha Stewart in huge floating punkins. Here we have the giant pumpkin weigh off, with the winner being dropped on top of an old beater car. Not nearly as picturesque. Hope those Queen Mary tourists drop a load of cash at your shop.

Got another thumpin' headache this morning. I was out of my blood pressure medicine, so maybe that's why. Need to go to the drug store.

I bought me a Kitchenaid big honkin' mixer on Amazon.com. It's pitiful how excited I am to get it. Just in time for holiday baking. Here comes another 20 lbs.

Schatzi
10-04-2005, 12:20 PM
Oh now That's Funneeee! as the Greek Diner owner.. given out Burgahs Burgahs Burgahs and COKE COKE COKE! ... or like the Coneheads Sug, dress up as the coneheads from France and give them 6 packs of beer

My oh My.. wabbina has headicks, Sug migraines...peachie with excetrins.. I think ya'll need to do a shot a schnapps or somethin!
A bloody Kitchenaid fancydancy MIXER? I'm puttin my order in now: DIBS: dearest Wabby, please make me chocochip cookies, poppyseed bread, and a banana walnut loaf: Send in Saran wrap with no tag, so that I can present as my own. I don't cook or bake so well... in fact it wasnt till bout 10 years ago or so did I learn how to make egg salad.. I called my cousin..she gave me the recipe..and hmmm.. this doesn't look right.. WHAT THE HOODLEDOO: I call Carolann(my Cuz) and tell her: "I added mayo, and dry mustard..but it doesn't look right Carol" .. hmmm: "Were the eggs done enuf Char?... Char/me: "well, I think so, I scrambled them till they were pretty hard."

need I say more?

Kiwonk
10-04-2005, 03:16 PM
I'll dig out the camera for some pics... I still don't know how to resize them unless I use that stupid thumbnail program.. You've come to the right place. I'm going to show you how. Maybe. Do you have IM or anything? That would make it easier to give you details.

Here we have the giant pumpkin weigh off, with the winner being dropped on top of an old beater car. Not nearly as picturesque.
I think that's very appropriate. And so American, y'know. Congratulations on the KitchenAide!!!! What color did you get? You're going to love it. I hardly ever bake, or I'd maybe ask for one for Christmas.

:rofl: on the egg salad, Schatzi. You're a real domestic goddess! :bravo:

Guess what: DD has a boyfriend! She is now "going with" her longtime friend and accompanist M, who took her to the prom. Isn't that just cuter than a bug's ear?

Kiwi

Bagzz
10-04-2005, 04:17 PM
ohhhhhhhhhh how nice that she took the 'love is friendship caught on fire" route---that is so much better than the infatuation situation-----how nice that you like her man too----things are working out well with your baby-----now refresh me again ---do kiwiette and peachboy both graduate this year??? is this my understanding??? my stepdd is graduating and the college applications are starting to be sent out----SOMEONE REFRESH MY AGING MEMORY----by the way---the
DAMN FOG was socked into the harbour so i could hardly see the effin Queen Mary---SOOOOOOOOOOOo disappointing!!!

Schatzi
10-04-2005, 06:37 PM
Kiwi: Cooking stories: I got a million of em... unfortunately, all true .When I get ready to post my display..or my hair dooooo I'll take ya up on dat der offer ..cuz I aint gotta a clue how you are able to post pics and I click and I see'm without BI-nock-u-lars..

Hmm and I think Momma Kiwi always had a feelin that DD and her platonic musical dude would blossom into somethin else...Ah..To be Young.. and Waddle and wrinkle free... with breastasis that need no hydraulic lifting devices!...Ah BAH! I like gettin old and crabby!

Cowpernia
10-04-2005, 09:08 PM
Help helpppp helppppp.

DS has a pain in his left side. He had the same pain, we think, four years ago. He doesn't talk much about anything so since he mentioned it, it must be significant. I took him to the doc who is a really a physicans assistant and he said it's a hernia. Four years ago, they all agreed it was a pulled muscle. The PA says to "wait and watch' and IF it gets worse, he'll refer him to a surgeon but not to go to the surgeon unless it doesn't self-heal. DS keeps his hand on that spot and doubled over when we walked out of the doctor's office. They're refering him but seem to think it's not the best idea. What do YOU ALL think???? I am in the darko.

Kiwonk
10-05-2005, 12:25 AM
Good grief, isn't he awfully young to get a hernia? DH had a hernia operation last year. You know they say your brain makes you forget how much childbirth and labor hurt? Well, my brain made me forget any details about DH's hernia. I think you should get a second opinion. I mean from a doctor, not from me.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
10-05-2005, 12:26 AM
Yes, DingyBatzBagz, the kids are seniors. you really are in a fog. :lol:

Schatzi
10-05-2005, 10:18 AM
I second Kiwi's get a second opinion...the poor kid sounds like he is in agony :(

Bagzz
10-05-2005, 10:46 AM
just make sure it's not the appendix---hopefully they are not too stupid to miss that----anyone can have hernia---even little babies -----my girlfriend has had hers stitched in twice-------for sure,take him somewhere where they will DO something-----

Wabby
10-05-2005, 12:51 PM
Geez. I don't think "wait and see" is good advice if DS is in pain. I second the second opinion idea. I know their are lots of good PAs and I think they're fine for colds and ear infections and such, but they're not a substitute Dr. We had one who cauterized DS's big toe when he had an ingrown nail and she almost caused him to lose it. She didn't realize you were supposed to put something on to neutralize the acid after cauterization. Caused him to lose an entire month of school in the 7th grade, not to mention all the agony he went through.

Schatzi, scrambled egg salad sounds delish! :lol:

The mixer is white, Kiwi. I figured I couldn't go wrong with that.

The headache is on the way out. It's down to a little twinge in the left temple. I ended up going home from work early yesterday and even missing my nail appointment (you know I felt sick). DD came over and made me dinner, though. She loves her mama.

Kiwi, maybe when you tutor Schatzi, you could include me. I'm still a puter dunce. :doh: How sweet DD has a sweetheart. Ain't love grand? Remember how wonderful that time was? Sigh.

So Bagzie, has the fog moved in for the winter? We started our rainy season. The first weekend was nice - cozy fire, old movies on tv cuddled up w/ DH. Now I'm already sick of it. I need some sunlight!!!!

Cowpernia
10-05-2005, 01:04 PM
ds has an appointment next Thursday with a surgeon.

But ... better. He has a JOB!!!!! He starts today as a cashier at a big grocery. Not Winn Dixie .. Food World. But still it's ok. Minimum wage in Florida is higher than the federal one. $6.15.

But .. sadly .. I have not found a job. I am very sad, depressed, despondent, unhappy, hopeless, you know. I have an appointment in an hour with a woman who helps other women gets jobs, education, ahead in life. She seems to be reallly wonderful. It's a program through the local college.

I have been looking at Painty's blog and the blogs of her friends and their friends, etc. I am knitting a boring vest that I already don't like and have ordered yarn for other stuff. I don't have money to do this so don't tell anybody.

Our paper, the one I used to be associated with, is printing recipes. One was making Cole Potato Soup out of purchased Potato Salad. Do you see the problem? the Salad has mayonnaise in it and they're messing with it and leaving it out.

Kiwonk
10-05-2005, 02:03 PM
Ew, potato soup out of potato salad? Sounds pretty bad to begin with, but I wonder how you take the mayo out of the potato salad :lol:

White is a good choice, Wab. Speaking of mixers, DD had to do a recipe for her French class and went over to her bf's house (sheesh, that's weird to say) on the weekend to get his twin brother to help her -- he's a great cook. She's doing chocolate mousse. So yesterday, the bf came over after school to help her make the final batch for the class. She's so ditsy in the kitchen it's laughable. She put egg whites in the mixer and turned it on full speed and they flew all over the place.

I think I'll go give the puppy a bath. Dare me? We're going over to Othertown tonight so Dd and bf can play at the open mike night at the coffehouse there. Fun fun. Must have a clean dog.

Kiwi

Bagzz
10-05-2005, 02:41 PM
wish i could go to the open mike night----------what fun to have a dd who has a musical bf-----------and a clean doggie-------------HAVE FUN AND I AM JEALOUS---- i am seeing dd19 for the first time since AUGUST=====FINALLY it's THanksgiving weekend!!wabbby---we don't have fog in the winter----in fact,our SUNLIGHT hours are the greatest in winter----------there is always sunshine and blueskies and forty below zero weather!!!

PainterWoman
10-05-2005, 03:07 PM
Glad to know you've all been having fun during my absence! Really.
I will NOT be doing massive Halloween decorations any time soon. Martha, I hardly knew you!
DH may OD on candy corn, though.
I've started a 21 day challenge and now have to start it over (I think that's how it works) because I was too pooped to exercise yesterday.

Cowie-- by all means get a second opinion... My DS had to have his gall bladder removed at 22... nobody expected that... turns out is was nearly gangrenous. YUCK. They had to do a couple tests because it was so leaky it didn't even show up on the first one..... He's much better now. Hope your boy makes it through work training And finds a solution to his pain.

Knitting a boring vest is better than no vest!

This is banned books week. Read a banned book.

Take care y'all.

Wabby
10-05-2005, 06:02 PM
I'm reading Ireland by Frank Delaney. I don't think it's banned. I just finished Brick Lane, which was supposed to be such a good book, but I had to force myself to finish it. I dunno why - it just seemed to drag on. Like this darned headache. It's trying to make a comeback. :headache:

I just got back from lunch w/ my sister. Tomorrow is lunch w/ my mom. and I wonder why I'm fat.

Should I take up knitting, Painty? or should I crochet a baby blanket for my Grandbaby? Which is more fun to do? We were supposed to find out if we're getting a boy or a girl today, but the hospital called and cancelled the appointment. This is the 3rd cancellation. It's driving us nutz. I've got shopping to do.

Peachez, congrats to DS on the job.....and I sure hope the Dr. can figure out whats going on w/ him. Minimum wage here is $7.50. Still not a living wage, but better than the federal wage. I wonder how many states actually follow the federal guideline? Don't be sad, depressed, despondant, Peach. The job you want may be right around the corner. You just need one person to realize what an exceptional woman you are.

Cowpernia
10-05-2005, 10:41 PM
where do we find a list of banned books?

Schatzi
10-06-2005, 08:40 AM
Here ya go Peachie:
http://www.ala.org/ala/oif/bannedbooksweek/bannedbooksweek.htm

interesting lists.... I remember quite a few of them were required reading in middle and high school!

Cowpernia
10-06-2005, 09:30 AM
"In the Night Kitchen" .. I am shocked. I read this to DS about 10,000 times. What have I done??????? Nudity I remember but offensive language I do not. Must check.

Wabby
10-06-2005, 04:36 PM
Is everybody off reading banned books?

Cowpernia
10-06-2005, 05:56 PM
I am remembering In the Night Kitchen.

I'm not the milk and the milk's not me. I'm Mickey.

Anyhow, rant time. Here I am with no money coming in just about and it's de pressing. DEEEEP pressing. Bado. A few days ago, I applied for a job and was told that I scored best on the test they gave. This made me feel I'd get the job but I did not. I felt I had done all I could and I was kicking my legs in the air trying not to fall as there no floor. Somtimes you got to talk to somebody so .. this time .. I called my preacher who was nice and said he'd talk to some people and see if he could come up with job leads.

Today his secretary (not him... men do not talk to women and are, in fact, rude often) called to say he'd found these leads from this one guy. The leads were parttime jobs or jobs that paid just a bit over minimum wage. While it must be said, they put forward some (tiny) effort on my behalf, I was deeply offended. What would be the point of my accepting a job that will not pay the bills and therefore halting my search for a better one?

It made me feel that they would begin saying I was unappreciative. My Sunday School class (women) took a collection and in an anonymous sweet way, gave it to me and I so much appreciated it. But now ... I am feeling that they will say Why Should We Help Her when she won't help herself. ??

Today, I redid my resume and applied for two jobs. Somebody tell me not to accept a 30 hour job at Walmart or an underpaid job working with low-income toddlers ... I just can't see doing that for a ton of money.

p*ssedly yours,

Peaches

Wabby
10-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Don't worry what ppl may be saying, Peach, because they probably aren't. I'm sure they understand that any job you take has to be one that will pay you a decent wage. Maybe the guy was offering you the only leads he had, not trying to insult you. Even so, I'm not surprised that the women in your Sunday School class were the ones to come up with some real help for you. Women can relate. Wish I had something that was actually constructive to add, but I'm at a loss. Hang in there (I know, easy for everyone else to say) and know that things could turn around for you tomorrow. And I sure hope they do.

Kiwonk
10-06-2005, 11:20 PM
---in fact,our SUNLIGHT hours are the greatest in winter----------there is always sunshine and blueskies and forty below zero weather!!!Ain't that the truth? How great that you'll see DD19! Kind of mind boggling that it's been so long, isn't it?

Peachie, don't be so hard on those church folks. They did make an effort, after all. It's not like they're in the employment business. You could just thank them for asking around and tell them you can't afford to work part-time because you'd lose your unemployment and still not be able to make ends meet, or something like that. Ignore the fact that some of them were full time slave wages :rolleyes: . Or you could just say you appreciate those leads but they didn't work out. I know how you feel about those jobs where they test you. I've been through that, where they tell you you got the highest score they ever saw and then don't hire you. I have also had the experience of hearing that and being hired on the strength of it. Frankly I think they made a mistake -- I was totally unsuited to supervise other people and I sucked at it (also hated it). So you never know.

DD and The Guy did a wonderful job last night at the coffeehouse. They did "Piano Man", "My Immortal" (they performed that for the highschool variety show 2 years ago -- that was their first collaboration, isn't that sweet?), 2 songs from "Phantom", and an Alicia Keys song. Then DD soloed with her guitar on some of her favorites. She debuted a new song she wrote which was very cool. And she finished up with (Lush would be so jealous) Etta James' "At Last" -- which I have to say was lovely, but so out of character for DD that it was quite striking.

Also Jet was an absolute angel, sleeping in the car and meeting people all over the place.

Oh yeah, and the bf had the highest score for their school at the math competition. DD had the next highest. How cute is that?

Wab, your headache gone yet?

I think there's something dead in this house. I've been smelling something foul all day. I thought it must be a puppy accident that didn't get completely cleaned up, so I got down on the floor and sniffed the carpet all over the living room. Nothing (incredibly). Then I realized that it was more of a dead mouse smell. And I can't find it. Gross, huh?

Look what I did to my arm. I was trying to get the puppy inside, while balancing a big flashlight and the storm door bounced back on me and creamed my arm. Ouch. :stars:

Kiwi

Kiwonk
10-07-2005, 12:40 AM
http://www.isengardbelgians.com/Cory_Kozy.htm

Cowpernia
10-07-2005, 07:32 AM
That's a great picture of Jet but Diva looks so sad and lonely. I think you need to get her, too. Why do some ears stand up and others flop?

Cowpernia
10-07-2005, 08:14 AM
what do Yankee/Canadian people do about frost being on their windshields in the morning? You cover them with something? With what?

Schatzi
10-07-2005, 09:48 AM
Peachie: I totally agree with Kiwi... and have you posted your resume out on Monster and Careerbuilder?

Kiwi: The puppies are adorable! And you are so blessed to have such a talented DD who is using her talents and not hanging out at the Mall...or wherever you woodsy folks hang...and that's some bruise ya got there..what the heck is that door a steel one! Permission to do nothing but heal today and take care of Jettttt.

Painty: Was it your birthday this week??? Happeee Birthday! Knit yerself something nice! :D

Wabby--U feeling better? Did you have a nice visit?

Me: A steady rain here in Nerth Caroliner but we do need it.. so, I will do more crafty things today. I was laughing hysterically at how my first carved pumpkin came out.It's suppose to be 3 ghosts, a haunted mansion with a bat in the air.. It looks like 3 Ameobas, a shed and chicken in flight... .. Obviously this pumpkin will sit wayyyy in the back of my holiday display! Ah what the heck, I'm having fun with it!
Will Check back Mooo-Cha-chas

Wabby
10-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Yes, my head is finally well. Anyway, it doesn't hurt. Thanks for asking. :)

Kiwi, I so wish I could come listen to DD & bf at a cozy coffeehouse. I love those songs! (anyway the ones I know). At Last is going to be rattling around in my brain today. Jet looks lovely in her publicity shot. We've lived thru the nasty-smell-somethingmustadied experience. I think it's one of the pleasures of living in the country. We found a squirrel in the basement who decided to move in for his final days. Can't figure out how he got in.

Schatzi, girlfriend, you'd better hold off on carving those punkins. Won't they be all oldy moldy by Halloween? and yes, I had a nice visit w/ my mommy. She's moved out of her big house on the hill and she & my dad are living in their motorhome at an rv park until the 16th, when they're leaving to go back to Arizona for the winter. They're having a smaller, one level house built here in Oregon for the summertime. Makes more sense than having a McMansion up here that they only use for 3 months of the year.

Big news --- my mixer was sitting on my front porch this morning! I don't know how many days it had been there - we never go in the house by the front door, but I guess the UPS guy didn't know that. Anyway, I wanted to stay home and play with it, but I had to go to work. Dang.

Peachy, we either park in the garage, or run out and start our cars early and turn on the defrost, or use the dreaded ice scraper and freeze our fingers off. 'course the weather is mild here compared to Bagzie and Kiwi's northern exposureland.

Guess I'd better do some work. Payday. Ppl expect checks.

Schatzi
10-07-2005, 12:47 PM
Wabby U scwewy wabbit..I'm carving plastic pumpkins right now.. will wait till hmmm 2 days before halloween to carve some real ones..cuz they do go moldy and shriverly with a few days... Glad you had a nice visit with Mum.. now that's livin! I keep telling my DH that when we get older I want an RV to travel about and just have a house to pitstop into..
Well I stopped in to see Mr Lyn about the stinko hair .. he was mortified to say the least.. He tried some Stink away shampoo and a 15 deep moisturizer..may have to follow up with a tomato juice rinsing.. GOD I HAVE NEVER smelled a perm so bad for soooo long.. especially when wet. Anyhoo, we may try a redo next wednesday..sigh, perhaps I should just get a sea anemone bathing cap like painty.

Schatzi
10-07-2005, 01:22 PM
PS Wabby: My mixer order still stands... please send the banana walnut bread asap! :D

Schatzi
10-07-2005, 04:04 PM
my leetle Mooo-Cha-Chas still readin banned books...sigh no one to play with
If I had chicken bones I would eat them all..sigh

SugP
10-07-2005, 06:09 PM
what do Yankee/Canadian people do about frost being on their windshields in the morning? You cover them with something? With what?

1) ice scraper. platinum american express card will do in a pinch.

2) big ol' piece of cardboard

3) a large garbage bag cut open and held over the windshield by the doors. please watch fingers on this one.

4) giant plastic elasticy fitted sheet type thingies that cover entire car aka "garage in your pocket"

5) remote controlled block heater

6) (my personal favourite) spacious two-car garage, preferably attached to 10 bedroom, 4 bath house with pool and tennis courts.

Kiwonk
10-07-2005, 06:43 PM
That's a great picture of Jet but Diva looks so sad and lonely. I think you need to get her, too. Why do some ears stand up and others flop?I wish I could get Diva too. But I could never handle two of these wild beasts! Their ears begin to stand up around 8-10 weeks; I'm sure Diva's are up by now. Some of those pictures were taken around 7 weeks and some are more current. The one at the top left lying in the grass is Yellow.what do Yankee/Canadian people do about frost being on their windshields in the morning? You cover them with something? With what?Aww, how cute, they're going to have frost in Flawridder? We scrape it off with ice scrapers (not the useless kind on the other end of snow brushes). Some people use credit cards. It's a good way to stop all that pesky shopping.
We found a squirrel in the basement who decided to move in for his final days. Can't figure out how he got in. We had a squirrel in our walls one time. I was really afraid it was going to die there, but we got a humane trap and set it up in the garage, and believe it or not caught it in just a day or so. So now we know how it got in, at least theoretically.

Yay on the mixer!! Don't worry, it couldn't have been there long, it would have started calling to you. How about I come make cookies with you after you hang out at the coffeehouse with me?.I'm carving plastic pumpkins right now.. Well, I saw that you wrote that and I still thought you were carving the real ones. How the heck do you carve plastic pumpkins? Don't they splinter really badly? I want to see.

By the way I'm available this evening for photo resizing advice.

Kiwi

Schatzi
10-07-2005, 07:01 PM
Can a new cow start a thread?

Bagzz
10-07-2005, 07:24 PM
of coures shotz-cow----just make sure it has something cow related---i am tired of this longgggggggggggggg thread too.gotta go party--it's margie night

DixieAmazon
10-07-2005, 09:43 PM
Hi Cows! I'm back (again). :o I am still fat and my house is a wreck. Glad y'all are still here.

Cowpernia
10-07-2005, 09:52 PM
Hi Cookie. Tell us about Katrina. You do ok through it all???? Seem unlikely considering what we hear in the news.

Shots, as soon as it reaches seven pages, you can start a new thread. My personal request is that you end the current thread by saying there's a new thread because I've gone years looking for posting on the old thread and no one telling me.

I just had chicken piccata at a decent restaurant. Was invited, of course. Was nice. My new philosophy: when anything good show up, take it.

PainterWoman
10-07-2005, 11:54 PM
Well, I wonder if somebody started a new thread, since I just came to my senses and SUBSCRIBED to this one. It only took me a couple of years. :lol:

Shatz... congrats on weight loss... What have you been doing... EATING plastic punkins? or something with no calories? I might get halloween "stuff" out tomorrow... I wanted to go to www.bigtex.com but tomorrow's the "big game" between UT and Oklahoma so it would be full of drunken college students as well as the farmers and thrill seekers. Maybe a TUESDAY!

Cookie.. I adore cookies, and you are included. Welcome and I hope you are high and dry.

Kiwi-- so is Diva yours? but not ready to come to your house yet? I spent a whole client hour with a couple who had argued about whether they "needed" to get a third dog that was just "soooooo cute." I think it was one of these. (http://www.pets4you.com/brusselsgriffon.html) . I can't see one of these really fitting in with a Dachshound and Chihuahua... especially for $600+. But the best news was that by the end of the hour the clients understood each other and had a REAL truce. :D

SugP... your suggestions on de-icing were great. I think a heated garage, 4 br house are wonderful... I'm glad I have a DH who helps, too.

Our first hard freeze is usually sometime in February... well, at least some years. So frost doesn't usually last very long!

DH and I went to see Wallace and Gromit and the Were Rabbit this afternoon. I laughed lots and it cheered him out of a cranky mood (which he complained of but which didn't even show.) I wish that the urge to eat veggies would have rubbed off on me....

Wabbs... glad you headache is gone. I hope you have time to play with your new mixer over the weekend. I have the King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion on my Amazon wishlist. Egad. That will not help any resolutions here... I'll be glad to sample/test any of yours!!

Maybe I'll get a pilates or yoga CD with the Border's card DH gave me... I must get some strength, stamina and flexibility back. I saw the Radiology/Oncologist today and he says the radiation could make me EVEN more tired, affect bone density, as well as make my boobs tan "unevenly" or perhaps peel. I wish the researchers would find a vaccine for breast cancer. I did get a free flue shot out of the deal, though... they were giving those out to anyone who moved by Shannon the shot-giver slowly enough.

Best to all. ttyl.

Cowpernia
10-08-2005, 03:38 AM
My friend who scraped the Bush bumper stick off her car got a call while I was at her house tonight. It was the Republican party calling to ask what she thinks are the biggest isues facing the country. They gave her some choices and she chose the war & taxes. Then they asked how she feels the president is doing and she said her feelings were mixed. Then they asked if she could make a contribution. She said, "You're calling to ask me for money." They replied, "It takes money to run things." She ended the call with, "Why don't you talk to Cheney and see how much Halliburton can pitch in."

I probably misspelled it all. It's 2:38 am.

Schatzi
10-08-2005, 08:39 AM
Peachie, I have my display set to see about 40 posts per page...I'm up to page 4... so I am off to begin a new Thread!