Old 09-19-2005, 09:14 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Weekly Chat - September 19th - 25th

Good Morning Ladies,

Soo ??? how was your weekend ?? did you stay OP?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 09:24 AM   #2  
Atkins Lover

I did pretty good. Down 2lbs!! Talk to you on Friday when I get back from Gatlinburg TN!!
beckamundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 09:27 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Leenie~ could you move todays responses from last weeks thread over to here? Pls?
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 12:14 PM   #4  
Baby Steps

I was so tired (still am) for some reason I didn't realise I posted on last weeks topic instead of making one for this week. Well, back to being OP for me! I think I'll go throw a roast in the oven.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 07:52 PM   #5  

Default New week

hey its a whole new week, time to get serious. I just had a yummy salad from quiznos, they are the BEST!
I hope everyone has a great monday!
PastaLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:04 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

PastaLover: You're absolutely right...it's time to get serious

Yesterday eating was good and was 16 oz shy (I think) of getting my water intake in. This weekend (Saturday) we're going to a Civil War reenactment so eating will stink. No such thing as low carb there but at least I'll be good for the week and I'll make sure to get right back on track on Sunday. I need to buy some LC wraps---it'll cut down on carb counts for my sandwiches!!
Old 09-20-2005, 10:10 AM   #7  
Lovin' Life

Morning

Im still groggy...I had a horrible night sleep last night. If I wasnt dreaming, I was tossing, if I wasnt tossing, it was thundering like mad outside. Very strange night !

Did my cardio yesterday, then made 2 batches of healthy muffins and 2 different batches of soup. It didnt take long, but I was certainly tired from standing in the kitchen all that time.

Not much planned so far today, I'll do my workout, then maybe venture outside. I didnt get outside at all yesterday, besides to the back deck.

My goal this week, is to start to learn how to use the metro transit system here. We are a one vehicle family and I am refusing to get stuck in the house again this winter. So, if I can learn how to use the metro, I'll be mobile just fine to get to where I want to go, and spend a day exploring. So maybe a walk to the subway station, and check out the maps and what not.

Have a great day!!
Old 09-20-2005, 11:24 AM   #8  

Hello all! I've been MIA for a few months now... lots of travelling this summer and very busy with the kids. But now the travelling is done and the kiddies just started preschool. Hooray! I've lost 16 pounds on Atkins so far (earlier this summer) and still need to lose 17 more. But I've just kinda stalled out and lost motivation. I need some inspiration! Please help!!

-Sarah
SkinnyAgainSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 11:54 AM   #9  
Lovin' Life

Welcome back Sarah!! Sounds like you had a nice summer. Congrats on the 16lbs gone so far, the last 17 should be a piece of cake eh?! You'll do it!!
Old 09-21-2005, 07:05 AM   #10  
Baby Steps

Robin: Did you figure out the metro system? It sounds confusing to me! Hope you become mobile

Sarah: Welcome back and here's where your motivation is: You don't want to gain ALL that you've lost back do you? That should be enough to make you at least want to maintain. Then look at it this way: What other "diet" lets you eat like you had/have been and lose weight. Yup, you stalled (as had I) and got discouraged (as had I) but you STILL lost a lot of weight. They always say the last of it comes off harder. This is also a pep talk to myself. WE CAN DO THIS!!

Well, lost 2 pounds!! I KNOW where it went....down the toilet Got my water intake in yesterday. lol Odd cuz I even had about 3 apples cut up and I still managed to lose. But hey, not complaining!!
Old 09-21-2005, 08:51 AM   #11  
Lovin' Life

Morning

You know what Brenda? I was coming home from the market yesterday, and there at the bus stop were 4 police men physically removing a fella from the bus. So....Im back to the thinking about it stage Even hubby had a chuckle about it....this small town northern canadian girl doesnt deal well with alot of stuff here. But Im trying....but like I said, Im back to the thinking about it stage.

Im off to do my workout before our delivery gets here. I'll check back later.

Congrats on your 2 lbs Brenda
Old 09-21-2005, 11:17 AM   #12  

Thanks for the pep talk ladies. You're right Brenda - I definately DON'T want to gain that weight back! In fact, I had better start losing the rest of this soon because winter seems to be fast approaching and I can't fit into any of my jeans/pants. They're all way too small! And unfortunately shopping for new stuff isn't an option right now.

Robin - I'm with you! After seeing police remove some guy from the bus, I'd be a little leary about public transport too!

Brenda - EXCELLENT JOB on the 2 pound loss! Keep it up!

Hi-ho, hi-ho, off to drink my water I go!
SkinnyAgainSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 12:29 PM   #13  
Baby Steps

Robin: oh my! I think that'd make me (another small town girl) turn and run the other way and NOT think about it. You're braver than I am!!!

SAS: I know what you mean about the tight jeans! Luckily mine are the stretch kind or I'd not even get into them at all!

Well, I'm halfway to getting all my water in. And lunch is done. Wasn't hungry but forced myself to eat anyway. Need to find alternatives to LC bread though. Even if I just roll the sandwich meat up and stick a slice of cheese in it Going to get my parents from the airport tomorrow. They're coming back from Vegas. Then on Saturday Mom and my DD's and I are going to the Wade House so eating's going to stink that day but it's ok. I realise I'm going to have days I can't eat LC but just need to jump back on ASAP. THAT is my main problem (well, that and the water intake--but I think I got that in order). Hope you all have a great day
Old 09-21-2005, 01:03 PM   #14  
Lovin' Life

I did my workout, and got a walk in. Alright, well now Im tired Im off to shower and plan the rest of my afternoon.

Brenda~ I went to walmart, and picked up one of those honkin' huge thermos jugs. Holds 64oz. That way when Im done that (hopefully by mid day) I know Ive got my water in, and I'll drink my iced green tea for the rest of the day. Pretty good incentive for me.

SAS~ I really hate it when my biggest jeans are too tight too!! I dont wear the stretch ones tho, I hate the way the curve and accent all my rolls But you're off to a good start....wont be long, they will be baggin in butt!!

Have a great day ladies
Old 09-22-2005, 07:06 AM   #15  
Baby Steps

Robin: I've got one of those great big mugs but thought it was only 54 oz!! It works in getting the water in and knowing how much we've drank, eh??

Well, eating stunk last night. I've got a cold and it's really draining my energy. Last night I didn't even argue w/DH when he suggested subway. My head's in a fog and aches, my nose can't decide if it wants to be stuffy or run, my throat is sore and my eyes are runny. To top it off..instead of being able to stay home today I've got to drive to go get my parents from the airport!!! Yup, feeling sorry for myself I'm so blasted tired. The way I'm feeling right now I'm hoping it rains this weekend so I don't have to go to the Wade house! Well, back to being OP today!! Maybe when the kids are off to school I'll be able to lay down for a little while before I have to go get the parents.
Hope everyone has a good day!