WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 03:11 AM   #1  

Default How many points?

I'm 5 months pregnant and really feeling the strain of all this extra weight. I did WW for some time a couple of years ago, and asked my OB about doing it now while pregnant. He said to eat 2000 calories a day, and if WW was a way to help me track that he was all for it. However, WW will not even discuss it with me because I'm pregnant. They say I am welcome to join after I have my baby. So can someone help me figure out how many points I should be aiming for? Doc gave me a few other 'try to eat..' rules, but I can do that while tracking points for them.

Thanks!
Jenni
Old 09-18-2005, 09:39 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Do you still have your materials from W/W? If so take it to your GYN and discuss it. My friend did W/W while she was pregnant by adding 10 to her day that she only used on dairy, protein, complex carbs (whole grains) and fruits.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:44 PM   #3  

He doesn't have a problem with me doing WW, and I have my materials, but the points listed for my size and weight are so I will lose weight he wants me to maintain (although he is fine with me loosing a little as long as it is subtle). He told me if I could figure out what point range equals 2000 then I could stick to that point range until after the birth.

Jenni
Old 09-18-2005, 10:07 PM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

Excuse me but did you read what I wrote?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
My friend did W/W while she was pregnant by adding 10 to her day that she only used on dairy, protein, complex carbs (whole grains) and fruits.
This is basically the same as the nursing program and it is more of a maintain.

Beside with maintenance you start by adding 4 points to your TPs (using your APs and FPs) and if you lose you add more if you gain you take away some...you play this game until you no longer gain or lose but most people tend to use about 10 more when they are preggers and trying to do W/W.

When I said to check you your doctor it was to look over the program and decide how many points to add.

But this might help you it a general caloric value for each point area:

20 = 1150
21 = 1200
22 = 1250
23 = 1300
24 = 1350
25 = 1400
26 = 1450
27 = 1500
28 = 1550
29 = 1600
30 = 1650
31 = 1700
32 = 1750
33 = 1800
34 = 1850
35 = 1900

But remember this can be up or down based on fat and fiber and DOES NOT include the 200-250 calories a day that W/W built into the program for free veggies.
Closed Thread