South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 05:59 AM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Default Thursday's Titilating Tales...

Okay, with a provocative title like that, we have to have some good news to share! Here's hoping that today is much better for everyone, especially RNMom...honey, I know your boss is going to be feeling some serious pain when he realizes how incredibly lucky he was to have ever had you in his employ...and how STUPID he was to take away your on call days... So sorry about that!

Weezle, that dress is gorgeous but I think only Eva Longoria (sp?) could sport it successfully. Yikes!

Thanks for the support, chicks...glad I'm not the only one with mental issues about weight. Schatzi, I can so relate...when I'm feeling insecure, I sometimes want to pull all my lost fat around me like a security blanket and block out the world. It's a gross image, I know, but it's really how I feel. That fat does insulate you from the world, huh...

I stayed up all night, but I finished the scrapbook. Today I have yoga, shower, then off to a nearby town for couples therapy, lunch with DH, and fun with waxing at the local spa. Then off to pick up a few last minute things for my trip, and home to start doing my packing. I'll be gone this weekend too, so I have to pack today.

Have a great day, chickies...I'm hoping to hear lots of good stories!
Old 09-15-2005, 06:27 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey, Beachgal, do you never sleep?

Yesterday was an absolutely terrible day. I'll spew it all out in my Journal so will spare you the details. Today just has to be better.

This morning I am due in Brockville at 9:30 for a haircut and plan to do a bit of shopping afterwards - nothing exciting, just boring stuff like toothpaste! Tonight I go to the intro class of my meditation course which will either be interesting of a complete bore! The course is only eight weeks but it had better be good or I'm outta there.

Have a super day, chickies. I need a double coffee this morning to un-grump!
Old 09-15-2005, 06:48 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, dear. I haven't been around, and everyone is not well! RNMom, did you lose your job?! I'm so sorry, sweetie... hugs and prayers...

Ruth and Laurie, you're not well, either. Hugs and prayers for you, too.

I'm up early today. My mental health program is whipping the energy right out of me, but it's very good. I could use a week in bed.

I hope everyone has a goodish day... I miss you... love to all...
Old 09-15-2005, 08:06 AM   #4  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Laurie, Dear, you're a little confused... *I* am the one who resigned my position at the nursing home...I didn't quit my day job though...still at the doctors office. My boss is retaliating at me by taking away my On Call weekends. He'll figure out that he won't have such an easy time getting someone to be at his beck and call every weekend soon enough...and things will be back to the status quo.

Gotta fly...I'm training a newbie...fresh out of school and hasn't done much sticking...Heaven Help Us!

Everyone have a great day on the Beach!
Old 09-15-2005, 08:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

Hey chickies!! I am so sorry that I have been MIA this week as far as posting goes. Huge hugs to everyone -- this just hasn't been everyones week.

I am off today to take Beren to the dentist for his work to be done (2 cavaties filled and 3 crowns to put on after drilling out the cavaties). I tried to find an alternate dentist to work with his temperment but in the end I called this office back and talked directly to the dentist about her policies and about how the procedure would go. He has to have it done and I do not want to put it off. The dentist has assured me that they will make him as comfortable as they can with nitrous before they go in with needles and such. Beren really doesn't have a clue what's going on and during the 2 other appointments I have gone to this week for his little brother he has been extremely sensitive and upset until he realized each appointment was really not for him. Anyway, I'm pretty sure he will do much better than I expect today and I need to just calm my big 'ole butt down.

On a good note, even with my not getting to eat well this week I am still holding steady. I have not been able to eat enough calories each day with all the rushin around. I am starting out today much better and I hope to have a great weekend.

Hugs-n-love to you all!!
Old 09-15-2005, 08:11 AM   #6  
I painted my avatar. :-)

Ok. That's it. I am going to have to catch up on the posts at work. You get lost for a couple of days, and whew, the world changes.

I am sorry everyone seems to be having a hard time lately. Wish there was something I could for all of you. To bad we can't all hang out in my back yard with some red wine and get it all out.

Laurie-Congrats on getting the scrapbook done! I know my days of all-nite research papers is coming......

Ruth-That class sounds interesting. Hope it isn't boring.

Ellis-Noce drive-by!

Me-I think I have mentioned my recent affinity for drawing. But if I haven't, here goes. I have recent been teaching myself(along with a friend who has been encouraging me) to draw. I want to eventually paint. So I have been getting books and trying to learn techiniques, etc. She's says I am getting pretty good, but I don't see it....

So, other than that, I will probably be playing uno at work, (Nothing else to do there as business is still slow)

I hope everyone has a beachy day!
Old 09-15-2005, 08:19 AM   #7  
I painted my avatar. :-)

Was posting same time as Mamacita and Sweet Tea(love it with Splenda btw, ).

Mamacita-I will be a newbie one day, so watch out or I will start throwing sand,

Sweet Tea- Good luck with your son today. Mine doesn't like doctors, can't even imagine the dentist. Will be thinking of ya! (How about a SBD friendly lunch when I move? Message me on yahoo if you are up for it.)

Last edited by wenchybritches; 09-15-2005 at 08:36 AM.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:27 AM   #8  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning Chicks, just a fly-by to say my 220 wasn't a fluke, it's still there, even after a run-in with FF frozen yogurt yesterday (very small amt).
Hope to catch up later!
Kim
Old 09-15-2005, 08:49 AM   #9  

THUFFERIN THUCKATASH it's THURSDAY ALREADY!!!!!!!!I hope today is a Gooood day for all of us..

SweetTea ... I'm sure your baby will do just fine. . Nitrous Oxide is very calming..wouldn't be surprised if he drifts off to sleep. .. Artemis darlin, how did you make out yesterday?

RNMOM: What r u doin? Stop it RIGHT NOW!
B A C K A W A Y from that MUFFIN STAT!!!!!

Mamacita: R@T B@STARD!!! Hmmpf! I hope he needs some blood work done and you can stick him with a DULL BIG GAUGE!

Ottoette: WONDERFUL 4 U on that no smoking!!!

Kyemom: Glad that the insurance co settled quick and mom can start to repair her home!

Weezle:
that is a loverly dress! I'm sure you are going to be a knock out in it! I could never wear a strap less... Huge Ham Hock arms and batwings.
HKO: Your birthday meal sounds DELISH! What is Aoili?

BB: hope you are feeling right as rain today..and it's not something more

Bgal: Have a wonderful relaxing time at the SPA..but WAXING?? GAWD the pain the pain!

Wenchy: Hey getting paid to play UNO all day cant be too bad! enjoy it while you can! I'd join ya for a glass of that wine!

Ellis: So glad to hear that mental school is good! Nothing worse than spending all that time and energy on something useless!

Ruth:Here's to a MeeseFree day ! Hmm, I really need to get to a real hair stylist..I've let my hair go during all this moving... ..But I did dye my hair yesterday and once again TOOO DARK, I look like a Fat Morticia. BLEAH!

And a big howdeeedo to Djett, Chikita, KO and Barb..and all you surfnlurkers!!!

Me: Well a crappy Wednesday turned into a Good day! DH has a Job!!!! And it's everything he was looking for.. no long commute, no real travel, and doing network infrastructure design..no real installs ... And while it was a little less $$ then he was looking for..all the benefits outweigh the extra 5 or 6 grand... so today we think we will do the movie and go out to dinner to celebrate! He starts Monday! Finally some money coming back into the house..
DAY LIGHTS A BURNIN! Gotta get dressed and head out to Harris Teeter ... they've got my favorite NY Strip steaks on sale!
Old 09-15-2005, 09:06 AM   #10  
Kyemom

Morning girls!!
Congrats on DH new job Schatzi!!!
I gotta be quick today, so don't have time to do specifics to everyone. Have to take dd to the Dr tomorrow for shots..she is so not happy!! Anyway..have a great OP day, I will try to check back in later!! BTW- Weezle- beautiful dress...I would love to look like that in it too!!
Old 09-15-2005, 09:34 AM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi this is a drive by b/c i have driving today so short day at work
I just wanted to say I'm no longer 192 I'm 191 thats 2 pounds from my Sept GOAL!
bbiab!
Old 09-15-2005, 09:45 AM   #12  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

Well Today my tummy is fine going to let the dactor make the dianose of what is all about. The good thing about it,a lost a little weight not eating.Yikes:yike: I know that not really a good thing.

Laura-Have a wonderful weekend & trip,see you when you get back

Ruth- Sorry your feeling well, hope a new hair style will help.

Hi Ellis & Mamcita & Ottoette

Schatzi - So happy that your DH found a job,nearer to your home. You see when one door closed another one opens. Thanks your well wishes.Hope I find out whats causing this.

Kyemon and the other chicks to follow

KO- big congrat on your 2 lb weight loss

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 09-15-2005 at 09:48 AM.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:32 AM   #13  

Morning, gals! Yesterday they only needed to seat 2 juries of 6 and since I was juror 31, they got enough before they got to me. So I was back working before 10:30. I'm WFH again today and we have a PTA picnic this evening. I made a three bean salad for me to have along with the ham and cheese sandwiches for our dinner. The kids end up running around and playing so it isn't worth trying to do anything fancy.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:44 AM   #14  
Workin' it!!

If anyone was wondering, yes I'm still alive.

I kinda lost my focus, but I'm getting back on track now. I have actually been sticking to a workout plan (4 days a week at the gym).

Nothing else ground-breaking going on otherwise. At least I didn't gain anything, I'm still at the same weight that I was when I veered off track. Not to say that I didn't gain a pound or two here and there, but I've been very lucky and have been able to drop them right back off.

I'll try to come around more often.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:00 PM   #15  
Who needs sleep?

Very quick drive by - DH has the day off and DS is in daycare - so we're going out for the day. I'll read everyone's posts tonight.

Until then, have a great day, everyone!
Closed Thread