30-Somethings - Red-white-blue Day Goals Part 2

View Full Version : Red-white-blue Day Goals Part 2

Pryia
06-17-2001, 09:39 AM
Looks like we are all doing great. I am down 2lbs so far towards my goal of 6. I just finished walking a few miles this morning. I really enjoyed my walk and need to get more of them in. I made my 10% last week which has really kept me motivated. I feel like I can do anything. I will try and check in after Tuesday's weigh in.

Keep up the good work

P

:wave:

Sonya
06-17-2001, 11:35 AM
Good morning. Here is my exercise log copied from the other thread:

Mileage update for 4th of July Goal:

5/30/01--3 miles (It felt so good to get back to the gym! And I'm 1/25th the way to my 75 mile target.)
5/31/01--3 miles. 40 minutes treadmill; 15 minutes rowing.
6/2/01--4 miles at the American Heart Association Heart Walk
6/5/01--3 miles treadmill
6/7/01--2 miles (2 hours heavy gardening)
6/10/01--3 miles (1 procor, 2 treadmill)
6/12/01--3 miles treadmill
6/13/01--1.5 miles (fitness orientation; 1 set of weights on nine machines. Ow.) 22.5 miles total.
6/15/01--3 miles (30 minutes tm; 30 minutes weight machines)
19 days to goal day--50 miles to go--not sure if I'll get to 75?)
6/17/01--3 miles (30 minutes Precor; 15 minutes treadmill)
6/25/01--4 miles (20 tm; 20 body trek; 30 minutes weights) No 75 miles for me, obviously. But I worked really hard today. No more eight day breaks.
6/26--3 miles tm
6/27--2 miles walking outdoors
6/29--3 miles (30 minutes tm; 30 minutes weights. (40.5 miles total.)

I have to keep in the back of my mind that this takes time!

LBH
06-18-2001, 01:57 PM
Hi All

I am doing pretty good staying OP, but I'm doing horrible trying to stay off the scale!! UGH!! I have stepped on the scale almost everyday this past week. I am liking what I'm seeing, but I should only be seeing it once a week!!

Hope everyone's doing great and getting closer to goal!! :D

Pryia
06-18-2001, 02:26 PM
I am a scale hopper too. I am missing WI this week, but I am checking it always. Looks like I am down 3 but will have to wait till next week for the "official" one.

elisa822
06-18-2001, 04:20 PM
Yeah, I must admit I get on the scale just about every day too. I know some people say it's not a good idea because it's so easy to fluctuate day to day so you may get too happy or sad based on false results. But I have also heard other people say that it's a good idea because it keeps you in check - I think I've even heard that this is one of the ways lots of successful "dieters" keep the weight off, because they don't let the weight get out of control. Either way you have to find out what works for you and it really works for me. I gain weight so easily that I know I have to ignore the small fluctuations but this way I can't fool myself into thinking that I can eat whatever I want because I see what happens.

Really I think it's whatever works for you......

Rabbit
06-19-2001, 01:54 PM
hi all. I was out of town over the weekend and have been sick since I got back. I feel miserable. But maybe a little better today. I'm supposed to go out of town again tomorrow to help my sis who is having surgery, but it may have to wait another day until I feel better.

I've also got to see if I can make a weigh in some place else if I leave on Thursday.

Freesha - congrats on your loss!! You are so close to your goal - woohoo~!

Sonya - seems that your exercise is going well - good for you.

I have finally broken that daily weighing habit. I just decided to quit doing it one day.

Rabbit

Pryia
06-20-2001, 10:00 AM
Okay I did go to weigh in and lost 2.4 this week. I am 2.8 away from making my July 4th goal. I really see this happening for once. I have never made my goals in the past.

I said I wanted to lose 20 before our party at work. Well I lost 25, so these small goals work much better for me. Then looking at the big picture. Of course now that picture is much smaller.

P

:wave:

Sonya
06-20-2001, 10:20 AM
Pryia, that's great! Good for you. I'm going to use you as an example, because it feels like I'm barely hanging on as far as weight loss goes.

Rabbit, sorry you were so sick. That's a miserable feeling. Take it easy and get lots of extra rest.

TechAlum
06-20-2001, 11:48 AM
Hello Everyone,

Sorry I haven't been around in a while. I went to WI last week and I'd gained again, after what I thought was a pretty good week. I got real discouraged since I'd stayed the same two weeks in a row and then gained two weeks in a row :mad:. So I went on a pity party for a week and decided that as long as I only let it last a week that was ok. I didn't go too overboard, although I did have chips and dip almost every night, and fast food several times. Went to WI last night to start over and guess what.... I lost 3.6 lbs :?:. Now here comes the hard part not letting myself think that because it worked last week it'll keep working :nono:

Congratulations to everyone who lost :D.

Hang in there to those who didn't :) .

Hopefully I won't be such a stranger.

-Tech :spin:

249.2/233.6/229.0(7/4-goal)/170ish (4.6 to go in 2 weeks :( )

Rabbit
06-20-2001, 12:37 PM
well, I'm feeling a little bit better today. Eventually I will be over this. I'm not going to my sister's until next week, since I've been so sick. So I won't miss this weigh in either. I've only eaten oatmeal and chicken soup since I've been sick, so I guess that should make up for the over-eating I did over the weekend. The only good thing about being sick - I shouldn't have a gain.:)

Pyria - congrats on your loss. You have just done so well.:smug:

Tech - those times of being good must have caught up with you at this weigh in. Sometimes it takes awhile. Congrats on your loss.:D

Sonya - hang in there on the weight loss thing. The exercise has got to be helping!

Rabbit

LBH
06-21-2001, 09:56 AM
Hi All,

WI was last night and I'm very excited to say for the very first time, I have made a goal, and met that goal!! :D I am down 7.6 lbs. since I rejoined June 4th!!

Starting Weight 6/4: 245.4
JUNE 13th Weigh In: 240.0
JUNE 21st Weigh In: 237.8
Goal Weight 7/4: 239.0

Hope everyone else is having a great week too!!

happyface
06-21-2001, 05:09 PM
Hi all!
I gained 1 pound this week. I can still make my July 4th goal. I have 2 weeks to lose 3 pounds. I think I can do that. I had a few days of big eating. (which, I felt really yucky for.... I will remember that.. it did not feel good. I felt too full and blecky!)

start 201
goal 192

present 195 (3 to go)

dani

LBH
06-21-2001, 06:16 PM
Hi All,

Just popping on before I leave work for the day...computer's still down at home. :(

Just wondering if anyone's thought about what our next goal will be?? If we do Labor Day, that'll be 9 wks....do we wanna go that long? I guess that's not that long, but our last two have been 6 wks. Just a thought!

Have a great evening!!

Rabbit
06-23-2001, 08:14 PM
hi all. Ended up going out of town thursday to help my sis after surgery - logging in from her house. Missed weigh in thursday night and havent done well here - so hard when I am away from home and there are so many temptations.

gotta run - rabbit

freesha
06-25-2001, 02:08 PM
Hi everyone!
Well my Saturday weigh in didn't go so well. I'm up 2lbs. due to the monthly bloat. Better luck next week. If I go next week. My in-laws will be visiting from out of town for a week! So I have a feeling that I may not weigh in for a couple weeks. I really hope I can keep it together and not go nuts eating wise, while they are here.

Pryia - congrats on your 2.4 loss! Your doing great!

TechAlum - What a cool surprise! 3.6 lbs. Ya!!!

Rabbit - hope your feeling better. And good luck with your eating while your at your sisters. Its always really hard for me when I visit someone.

LBH - Congrats on meeting your goal!! Way to go !!!

Happyface - Sorry about your 1lb. gain. I'm sure you'll do better this week. On the bright side it was only 1lb. I gained 2lbs. this week!

Take care everyone and stay strong! freesha

Rabbit
06-25-2001, 07:42 PM
Freesha - sorry about the gain! I'm doing absolutely awful at my sisters! Today I have done better than yesterday - so I must look at that as a success. I'm going home tomorrow and things will change then!

Rabbit

Sonya
06-25-2001, 09:42 PM
Hi everyone. Rabbit, hang in there. When you get home, you can get back on track.

I guess it's obvious (to me, at least) that my heart has not been in managing my weight. But good news: I was on program today, all day. This means I drank water, I wrote down everything I ate as I ate it, and I stopped (I think!) at 26 points. If I can keep this up for a while, I could actually lose some weight. :)

I am going to start a folder for recipies I like. Hope to see you there.

Sonya

happyface
06-26-2001, 08:56 AM
Hi everyone,

Sorry I've not been slacking on the posting. I mean to keep up with everyone better.

Weigh in was last night. I lost the pound that I gained. I was very happy with that. So I have 2 pounds to reach my 4th of July goal. (3 pounds to win a bet with a friend and 4 pounds to get my ribbon!) My weigh in days are Mondays so that means I have one week to lose 2 pounds. I can certainly do that if I really stick to the program this week. I will be really proud of myself if I do this because I don't think I ever met any of my other goals.

This morning at about 5:20am I woke up and was feeling very awake. I went to bed late so I thought I did not get enough sleep. I was going to try to make myself go back to sleep. But I knew I was just going to wake up every few minutes in anticipation of the alarm going off and that would ruin the sleep. So I decided it was a beautiful morning and a great time to get out and get an early morning walk. My husband and son were sleeping and I did it. I went out for a walk and I felt wonderful. The air smelled great, there was fog in the field and I saw the other early birds walking/jogging/ taking the dog out, etc. I am going to try to do that again whenever I can because it was more satisfying than walking after having a full day. (that has it's benefits too, but there was something nice about being out there as the day was beginning).

Sonya, congratulations on having a great day on program. I know you feel you have been slacking but you still have kept off most of your weight and losing that and maintaining that is still a big accomplishment. If you can do that, you can certainly do what it takes to go all the way. The amount you still want to lose is likely less than what you have lost already! So go for it! and we'll be here to cheer you on! :)

Rabbit, you are right! When you get home, you will be back on your own safe turf! You can get right back on track. Things are different when we are away or at other people's homes. :)

Freesha, sorry about the gain. Even if you can't weigh in next week, check in here to keep your mindset focused on healthy. :) Just reading will keep you from straying too far. Have a great time visiting with your family!

Lauren, I think Labor Day is good. But I might make a mini birthday goal (that would only give me 2 1/2 weeks beyond the 4th, so it may not be "goalworthy." ) Congratulations on meeting your 4th of July goal!! That is wonderful!!!

TEch, congrats on the loss. I think sometimes when we get those losses when we don't think we've earned them, it is a gift, which I usually take to mean I'd better stick with the program and earn the right to that gift. :) Good luck!

Pryia, congratulations on your loss. You are doing really well! You have met your own goal and will be making or getting close to the 4th of July goal! You have been very inspirational to me! :)

Have a great day, everyone!
dani
201/4th of July goal 192 (-9)
present 194
2 to go

freesha
06-26-2001, 12:15 PM
Hey Happyface, when is your birthday? It sounds suspiciously close to mine! Mine is on July 22. freesha

LBH
06-26-2001, 12:55 PM
Freesha- There are a few of us Crabs on the thread!! I'm July 17th, Dani's somewhere around there, can't remember the exact date. I have them all written down, but I think the list is at my mom's house!!

happyface
06-26-2001, 02:18 PM
Hey Freesha, REALLY close!! 21st. I'll be 34.

Lauren, I remember that there were others who were close. I think some of them might not be posting anymore, but I can't remember.

:)dani

BigFatBooty
06-26-2001, 05:21 PM
Well I guess I am gonna have to admit defeat on this one.

I have been messing around with the same 2.5lbs for the past 8/9 weeks. I am losing 2.5lbs, gaining it back and then just going back and forth. There is no way (short of liposuction this weekend :lol: ) that I will meet my July 4th Goal. I am disappointed in myself, but I am not chucking the whole thing in.

My life has been truly hectic at the moment and the job situation is just dragging on and on (sorry to whinge), coupled with the fact that my mum's employer's are taking her for a ride and she won't sort it out and an ex-boyfriend (who goes back further than I care to mention) is now doing the rounds, apologising to all the girls he hurt (now that's another story for another thread), I just seem to have lost my focus.

However I am still journalling and if you could see what I have been eating you would be scared. I think sometimes that the :devil: takes control over my eating habits and forces me to eat things that have far too many points for my own good. The exercising has been non existent, it's too hot to do Tae-Bo indoors, but I had my first inline skating lesson on Saturday just gone and I have booked another one for this coming Saturday. So maybe exercising outside will be the way to go while the weather is absolutely roasting here. I shouldn't complain about the weather, because it's not often we get lots of sunshine here.

Anyway enough rambling. Congratulations to everyone of you who have met or even exceeded your goal, especially LBH - way to go. Sorry if I have missed anyone out.

One final note - I am up for the next goal. I may be down but I am not out :smug:

LBH
06-26-2001, 05:39 PM
BFB- I've got an idea...why don't you show us what you're eating!! Log it here, like I do!! I know it's very easy to lie and just put in what you want people to see, but for some reason, posting it here keeps me honest! I have a template saved in my "drafts" folder in Outlook and I just paste it in everyday, and fill in the day and what I eat, as I go along.

BigFatBooty
06-26-2001, 06:52 PM
LBH - great suggestion, just don't know if I have the courage to do it today. I looked back at last week's journal and since I started journalling in January, I did not properly record what I ate on Friday, Saturday and Sunday just gone. So three days out of six months isn't too shabby. I normally write things down before or straight after eating, but for some reason this weekend, that didn't happen. I did lose a pound this week though. But at the end of last week I did write the following in my journal:

have been extremely bad this week at keeping track of what I have been eating. The only way I can be truly successful is to be accountable - pull your socks up girl!!!!!

So I know what I have to do, I just gotta do it. I do however write down everything in my journal, even the big bag of Dorito's with tomato salsa, the three hot dogs with rolls and the massive turkey lite subway with guacamole that I had after my skating lesson on Saturday :D . I suppose realistically where I am falling down is when I have to guess the points for something, and maybe I am seriously under estimating.

elisa822
06-26-2001, 10:16 PM
BFB - Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. I've also been fighting with the same pound or two. I guess I haven't been trying that hard with the food. I mean I think about everything I eat but I'm not being perfect. I've been excercising and watching what I eat during the day but the evenings and weekends aren't great. But you know at least you haven't been gaining. If you'd completely thrown caution to the wind you might be up 5 or more pounds so feel good about at least maintaining - it's a good start. And I always figure that I've at least got the maintaining part down so when I get to the weight I want to I know I'll be able to stay there. I'm also far from my goal but I keep it in mind and keep trying. You're good for at least writing down everything, even when you're bad. I usually skip the points part when I've had too much pizza or chocolate (or whatever). Keep trying and don't give up. It will kick in eventually. I believe that.

Good Luck,
Elisa

BigFatBooty
06-27-2001, 05:35 AM
elisa822 - thanks for the words of encouragement and sometimes it's nice to know you are not alone. :wave:

happyface
06-27-2001, 12:53 PM
Hi BFB, just wanted to say, I am very impressed that you are writing down everything. When I go off program I don't write down a thing. I think it is a wonderful thing that you are keeping track no matter how you do! That will help you be real with yourself and help you keep mindful of what you are eating. I truly believe it will help you get back on track. Good for you writing it all down!!!

That's all I wanted to say.

:)dani

BigFatBooty
06-28-2001, 10:14 AM
I guess the real reason why I write everything down is so that I can look back and see exactly where I fell down and what I ate while I was down :lol:. Also I guess I have realised that the only one I am fooling is myself if I don't write it down and believe you me, I could so easily not write down what I eat, especially when it comes to Paprika Pringles (which I have recently found out are 24 points for the whole jar - like you can just eat one!!!!) and Haagen Dazs strawberry shortcake ice cream (for which I never want to know the points value for).

Take care everyone and hope you are all doing great.

jhawk
06-28-2001, 11:42 AM
Hi all. I have been MIA big time...I've also been off program big time. I swear this year has been unbelievable in terms of personal traumas for my family...just when I think I can't take one more thing, three more things happen and I realize that I should never say never. :?: I think about how poorly I'm doing all the time and I still want to get back OP, but it just doesn't happen. I have no good excuse or explanation. I'm searching for motivation and just as soon as I find it, I'll let you know. :^: In the meantime, good luck to you all...I'll check in from time to time, but probably not regularly until I get myself under control. Take care... jhawk

Rabbit
06-29-2001, 11:38 AM
HI all.:wave: I am finally home and happy to be here. Yesterday I was too busy for the computer but had to check in today. My sister is doing better - thank goodness. And my mom is with her now so I was able to come home.

I did so so bad at her house! There are so many temptations and I just basically ate whatever I wanted. It was rather ridiculous - especially considering the progress I've made recently. I am back on track now at home though. This being gone and eating correctly is something I'm going to have to solve. I had weigh in last night and gained 1.2 - and I'm fortunate it wasn't more.

Sonya - I'll have to check out your recipe file. Sounds like a great idea. Hope you have continued to have yourself in the serious weight loss mode.:)

Happy - congrats on your loss. Sounds like a very nice walk you had.

Lauren - Labor day is fine with me also.

BFB - Interesting about the ex-boyfriend apoligizing to all the girls he hurt. Love your great attitude - down but not out, remember the tortoise and the hare. I've been making notes to myself in my journal lately too, about what I did wrong, what I need to work on, etc.

jhawk - hang in there. Hope we hear from you again soon.

Now to figure the damage:

Starting - 172
Present - 170.2
Goal - 167
*1 week to go, 3.2 pounds:(

Rabbit

Sonya
06-29-2001, 03:38 PM
Rabbit, I think it's so hard to concentrate on eating when you're at someone else's house. Glad you're home! I have been doing much better this week. I have stuck very close to program (except for yesterday, which was my anniversary and we went out for fondue. However, we used broth instead of oil, which had to have helped at least a little.) I have done weights twice this week and cardio four days. I know that meeting my goal isn't in the cards this time around, but that's okay as long as I'm actually working. We're going to the movies now, so I'll see you later.

Rabbit
06-30-2001, 11:13 PM
Sonya - thanks for the support! I know I won't meet my goal either this time around, but I'm doing the right things again so I'm glad of that. How was the movie? We keep talking about going to the movies, but haven't made it lately. We've both been gone and busy too much recently. Went biking today though and playing golf tomorrow. The next 2 weekends don't look as good so I'm glad we had this one. Enough rambling!

Rabbit:dizzy: