Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#49)

Sherry
09-14-2005, 05:10 PM
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/ang

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Sherry
09-14-2005, 05:28 PM

This has been a very busy week at work! We registered several families from New Orleans this week also.

Speaking of N.O.: Chris (my DS) is not going there after all. The government won't release them to go right now. He said the reason why but I honestly can't remember his exact words. Anyway, He'll be here for his 10 day leave NEXT FRIDAY!!!! :cp:

Gayle,
Good luck on Core!! :D I'm glad you found something you like and doesn't make you feel like you're on a diet! YOU GO GIRL!!!! How's work? Are you getting used to the register now?

Vicki,
I have heard that Relacore does work. I have seen it and have been tempted to buy it but it's so expensive! Maybe I will now that it worked for you!! Sorry..but I don't know anything about the Subway diet. Maybe you can find something on-line.

Cheryl,
My former Principal meet her hubby on-line (yep...PRINCIPAL!!!!) and she had her FIRST baby at age 42! She's in better shape then a 21 yr. old and she's a great Mom too! So I really think age doesn't have anything to do with it. Just when you're ready! Good luck going back on low-carb! It's the easiest diest I've ever been on and it works!!!

Janice,
Don't ever feel like you can't come here and talk to us. We are here for each other for many things beside weight loss. I don't want you to feel like what Doug has said or done is your fault because it isn't!!!! I had a very bad first marrige and everything he did to me, I blamed myself because I wasn't good enough.Now I know how WRONG HE was!!!! YOU ARE SMART,PRETTY AND DON'T DESERVE TO BE TREATED THIS WAY!!! Once you realize this you can make the moves you want to improve your life and then you can concentrate on loosing weight. Good luck sweetie and please let us know how things are going. :grouphug:

Shelley,
I'm so sorry you had a bad day. What happened???? I know how you feel though.Somedays I want to walk right out that front door and never come back! Every year they give us more & more work to do!

Dee,
How are you hon? If you can sit up for a while, please post. I love & miss you!!!

Debbie,
How many more days until school is out???? :lol: They are driving me crazy!!!! Thanks for helping me with low-carb and asking all my many questions I have. I love this diet and I think I found something that finally works for me! Are you ready to work the game Sunday?

Carol,
I have asked about you several times and now I'm really getting worried about you. Are you ok? PLEASE post soon so I'll know you're ok!!!!!!! I sure do miss you!

Hello to everyone I didn't mention. I need to go pick Wayne up from work...I'M LATE!!!!! :yikes:

Love to all......

ShelleyM
09-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Janice-If you need anything, please let me know. This is something that you shouldn't be going through alone. Like Gayle says, you need some sort of support and someone that you can talk to. Do you have a best friend or do you have a close knit family that you can confide in? If not, please know that we are here to help.

Gayle-Okay, Missy!! I am too lazy to look around for the recipe. How do you make the Tamale Pie in the crockpot? I'd like to try it. If it takes more than 3 or 4 ingredients I won't be able to make it though!

gdeann
09-14-2005, 06:24 PM
Like my sig, I'm cheap, fast and easy! If a recipe is too involved, then I leave it to someone else!!!

TAMALE PIE

3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup beef or chicken broth
1 pound extra lean ground beef (uncooked)
1 can rotel tomatoes & chili's
1 14-16 ounce thick & chunky salsa
1 can corn (drained)
1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
1 t. chili powder
1/2 t. ground cumin

Mix cornmeal & broth and let it stand 5 minutes or so. Stir in uncooked beef, salsa, tomatoes, corn, olives and seasonings. Pour into lightly sprayed crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or high 4 hours.

Garnish with FF sour cream and FF shredded cheese if desired.

I cooked mine for about 5 hours on low then 1.5-2 hours on high, I also did not add the olives, I placed on the table so whoever wanted to use them could. It is really good, but be forewarned, it is not the most pleasant dish to look at. It never really sets up thick like a typical tamale pie.

On day 2, I added a few red beans to the serving I had. I am thinking if I ever make it again, I may add beans of some type to the recipe.

Sher, I'm glad Chris is getting to come home! I know your thrilled!
I'm getting use to the register, huge orders still make me nervous to some degree. Everything is computerized, so I am working on learning different key codes for certain product we give quanity discount on. It is very confusing at times! I have two different managers I work with and each one has a different way on EVERYTHING of how I should do things. Today I worked 5 hours unloading orders and stocking storerooms/shelves/waiting on customers etc. from the time I arrive to when I leave, I am on the move, never stopping. Hopefully one of theses days I'll start seeing results from all the weight I'm lifting.

Well, I better make dinner for everyone!

ShelleyM
09-14-2005, 07:17 PM
Sherry-We were both posting at the same time! I am so happy for you that Chris is coming home to visit. I know you can't wait to see your baby again!

Gayle-I'll try it without the olives too. Even though we are allowed to eat them, I don't like any kind of olive. I bet it would be good with beans, but I can't have them because of my stomach. Anyway, the recipe looks fairly simple, so I'll give it a try next week.

gdeann
09-14-2005, 07:39 PM
OH POO! I made a boo-boo today on my core plan! Thank goodness we get a points allowance! After work I was starving so I came home & opened a can of Campbells bean & bacon soup. I just KNEW it was on the list! AFTER I ate the soup, I went and double checked the list, guess what??? Bean & ham is allowed but no bean & bacon was listed. Boo-hoo!!!! My 8 points went towards a can of soup instead of the glass of wine I had planned! LOL!

gdeann
09-14-2005, 08:46 PM
Gotta tell you girls a funny! (Well to me) I noticed working in the store we have several middle aged men that come in. I'm not sure if it is because I'm a woman or if they feel free to make comments because of the type of store I work in, but some tend to think they are God's gift to the ladies!
I usually greet each patron with a "Hello, how are you" ...this is two responses:

"SINGLE!!"

"Any way you want me to be" when I stood opened mouth without a response, he followed with " I will be the best you ever had"

Today I even had the mailman make a few naughty like comments and share a dirty joke with me (like I really wanted to hear it)

Good lord, what possesses these men to think they are so cute? LOL! I just had to giggle!

ShelleyM
09-15-2005, 05:59 AM
Gayle-Any cute ones flirting? Are you sure the can was 8 points? I looked it up and it is 3 points for 1/2 cup. Oh well, you didn't need the wine anyway, did you?? Remember, you can earn a few points by walking. You can count 1 point per mile.

coles
09-15-2005, 07:48 AM
Gayle - Good for you getting hit on by these guys. Men are just too much aren't they?
I am going to join the Low Carbers on Monday. Planning a big BBQ for the Amanda's boyfriend for tomorrow night. I am just trying to keep busy and not think too much about what Doug did. We are trying to work things out, who knows maybe we can.
Dee- How are you feeling? Better I hope.
Sherry - you are doing FANTASTIC!!

gdeann
09-15-2005, 08:38 AM
You girls!!! How do you define cute? Salt & pepper hair or balding? Hair growing out the ears & nose??? Big ol' beer belly? Just my luck, so far they all fit the above!! LOL! That is one of the reasons I thought it was so funny, they still think they have it going on! LOL!

Shelley, I was starving and wiped out the whole can so it was 8 points...
I stayed on plan though and DID NOT have the wine tempting me in the fridge.
For some reason I was starving last night, not so much physically though. I even had a large tossed salad with FF dressing before my dinner last night.

Janice, best of luck to you plus know we are here for you!

Well better go, taking my mom to the doctor today. Will check in later.

ShelleyM
09-16-2005, 05:43 AM
Gayle-You have no idea how much salad I eat. My bowl is about 12" round and 2" deep. I fill it up twice before I eat my dinner! I love lettuce with FF catalina and FF honey dijon. I can't survive without my salad at night before dinner. My newest late night snack has been SF/FF vanilla pudding mixed up, then add about a cup of dry oatmeal to it. I divide it in 1/2 and eat it for 2 nights. The oatmeal makes it so good and soothing. I love cold creamy things.

Janice-I hope you can work things out. Have a great barbecue!

Sherry
09-17-2005, 12:05 AM

I'm getting ready to go to bed but wanted to post a quick hi first. I'm so glad it's FRIDAY!!!!!! :cp: What a week!!!!

I hope that everyone has a great weekend. I'm cleaning & washing tomorrow and Sunday I'm working 10 hours at the Titans game. Some weekend huh? I hope yours is better!! :lol:

Gayle...I keep forgetting to ask: Do you think Steve could get me some money saving coupons for Blue Bunny? We FINALLY got BB in Walmart! I LOVE the Splenda frozen treats!! I love the butter pecan & choc. almonds!! And it's only 2 grams of carbs per bar!!! Thanks in advance if he has some!! :D

Have a great weekend all.....Hope all is well. Love ya!! :grouphug:

DebbieA
09-17-2005, 09:53 AM
Hi Girls:wave:

I agree with Sherry..What a week!! I forget year to year how hard the first few months of school is. I am already a little behind on some paperwork and no time this weekend to work on any of it. Birthday party today and ball game tomorrow!! What I would really like to do this weekend is stay home and { NO ONE know I was home} LOL

Oh well I know things will get better.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Hugs...deb

gdeann
09-17-2005, 09:54 AM
I'll see what I can do Sherry!!!! Hmmmm...Wayne isn't selling beer anymore?????? We could of worked out a really good deal! LOL!

gdeann
09-17-2005, 09:55 AM
Hi deb! We posted at the same time! Enjoy your weekend!

gdeann
09-18-2005, 02:04 AM
I planned ahead for an evening out since we had a few relatives visiting. My plan was to stay on plan so I thought ahead on what I would order. My food choices: small filet, baked potato with a side of FF ranch dressing and a tossed salad with FF dressing. Once I looked at the menu, no filet, so I ordered the grilled chicken breast. Then the server came back out in about 10 minutes to tell me no baked potatoes so I kindly said just give me the vegetable of the evening. After another 10-15 minute wait, she came out to tell me they had no FF dressings of any kind! So, instead of my planned choices ** I had chicken, green beans and a salad with low fat ranch. Still not bad choices, just not what I originally wanted plus I'm not a big fan of grilled chicken other then me preparing it. I was to my breaking point, ready to say just give me anything, but I remained calm and stayed OP.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!

ShelleyM
09-18-2005, 06:56 AM
Gayle-Good for you. However, remember you could have used some of your WPA, if you had any left. Is today or tomorrow your WI day? I can't wait to see if you have lost anything!

gdeann
09-18-2005, 09:50 AM
I am stashing my WPA for good stuff Shelley! I hated to waste my points on stuff I really didn't want. I did count points for the dressing though...counted 6 points just in case the green beans had hidden seasonings etc. Just stunk to be all prepared and my plan fell through! LOL!

My offical weigh-in is Monday, but I have lost weight!!!! Not changing my tracker until Monday after the big weigh-in. I think I did ok watching my WPA's...started out with 35 and as of today I used 29, so I have 6 left and I start new tomorrow. I'm not using any AP's. I can tell I'm starting to build muscle from working at the store. I'm tracking and I am averaging around 10-15 hours a week of doing all physical stuff like moving cases etc. I figure as long as I keep this job, I really do not need to incorporate strenght training into my walking plan.

Hope your all doing great today!!!!!!!

gdeann
09-19-2005, 08:03 AM
Official weigh-in day!!! I am down 5 pounds!!!! Although....because of my slacking over the past month or two...I am now correct with my tracker so it will need to go another week before I change it. I am really liking this plan, it is working for me and I hope it continues!!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

Sherry
09-19-2005, 09:20 AM
Good Mornin' :wave:

I'm sitting here with pink-eye waiting for the dr.'s office to open so I can have them call me in some drops. So no work for me today! Once I get the drops, I can go back tomorrow.

I'm really tired from working the game! It was a long, good ballgame.

Gayle...I'm so happy for you!!!!! :cp: Did you hear me cheering about your weight loss from TN????!!!!!!! :cheer: YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!

I'm down another 2 lbs. this morning! It's a total of 17 lbs. since Aug.1st!! :D

Hello to all.....PLEASE POST ALL OF YOU LURKERS!!!!!!! I miss you Carol & Dee!!!

Have a great day all ;)

ShelleyM
09-19-2005, 06:34 PM
Yay Sherry and Gayle!! :jig:

I'm so proud of you both!!

gdeann
09-19-2005, 11:48 PM
Thanks Sher & Shelley!

Sherry, you are doing SUPER! Look for some bunny in the mail!!!
I like your new tracker, it is soooooooo cute!

ShelleyM
09-20-2005, 05:45 AM
Gayle-I am so glad that you are liking Core. My weight has been down a bit more also. For the last few days, my weight has been 123. Tomorrow is WI day and usually it is back up by then. As long as I stay under 130 lbs, I am happy. I love Core also.

coles
09-20-2005, 07:57 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/new/8_22/18_1_36.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA) Gayle and Sherry! You two are doing fabulous. I am still trying to get back onto Low Carb. I shopped yesterday so I have no excuses. I am looking into joining the Good Life Gym. We get a big discount because of working for the Government, so I guess i don't have any excuses. I want to join the LOOSERS TOO!
Hello to everyone else out there lurking.
Shelley keep safe I hear you have another storm heading for Florida. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/28/28_2_2.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA) HANG IN THERE

4myloves
09-20-2005, 09:02 AM
Janice, I didn't realize you worked for the Canadian Government. I'm a U.S. Gov't employee myself--Howdy there!

Gayle, so glad to hear you got such great results on your 1st core week!!! Keep up that great work!

Shelley, hope you're missed by Rita.

Debbie, school will get better! The kids will settle in and down soon!

Sherry, you're doing such a great job on your diet, too. You and Gayle are great inspirations! I like your new ticker. Cute, cute, cute!

Mom and I went to Branson this week-end on a spur-of-the-moment trip. It was fun, but I got sick the 2nd day we were there and haven't recovered yet. I came in to work today, anyway (I was off yesterday), so I hope it's not contageous.

gdeann
09-20-2005, 09:25 AM
Feel better soon Cheryl!!!! I've been meaning to ask, how is your sister? Is she still living with your folks?

Janice, I am sending vibes your way for a great OP week!!!! CATCH'EM!!!!
There ya go, now we want to see the good results posted here next week.

I can not say enough good things about core, Shelley! I never knew what it was all about until I started researching. I am an ALL or NOTHING gal and most diets I fail either by starving or binging. With this one, just when I get to thinking what I want isn't on the core list, then I remember I can use my points for it! Cool!!!!

Sher, since everyone seems to be following a plan, what would you think of actually doing a weigh-in day and posting on a separate thread? Say everyone agreed to Mondays, we could all post our results that day? Then, as we went along, we could talley the group pounds lost and compare the weight to something else? Such as, 5 pounds lost could be a bag of potatoes, 10 pounds lost the weight of the average 2 month old baby etc???????

Off to work, I hope everyone has a great day!!!

Deelite
09-20-2005, 01:10 PM
Gayle great idea! You are doing wonderful on Core. I might just have to check into that. I thought that once I am feeling better that I would go back to ww's. I am a life time member and I would only have to pay the monthly fee because I haven't been there for over a year. I am under my goal weight so after that it would be free. Your dinner the other night sounded so frustrating. I would have just given in and ate what ever.

Sherry you are going great with sticking it out with low carb. Congratulations on the weight loss. I hope that your pink eye clears up soon. Do you think that you caught it from a child at school?

Shelley you have done so well maintaining under goal. Stay safe with the storm coming in. Is your school closing?

Janice come on and be a loser! Once you get past the first few days it is so much easier. You can do it.

Cheryl I am glad that you were able to get away with your mom but I am sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. Is it a flu you caught? Did your mom end up getting it to? I know that you wanted to get a day off work but you didn't have to go to this extent. lol Please take care and eat lots of chicken soup.

Has anyone heard of the Pandora or Chamilia charm bracelets? They are the in thing. Larry bought me on for a gift after my surgery. The charms he bought me are beautiful. If you look up www.chamilia.com you will see a silver love bead (JA-16) with a little red stone on it, that is one of the ones he bought me. I also have two garnet birthstone charms (l-26) that are the ones that are round with stones all around them. I pick that to go on either side of my love charm since that matches. (I am so anal). The other two matching ones I have are heart locks (MA-2) that keep the beads in place. I just love it. I call it my love bracelet.

I am recovering really well. I am happy to say that the incision scars are thin and starting to fade. That was my biggest fear of looking butchered. I am very happy with the out come. I have a little bruising yet and of course I am still sore. It takes a couple of months for your breast to fully take shape but they are looking good. I have to say I look like a hot mama. My before picture is gross! We haven't taken any after pictures yet because of the swelling and bruising. Besides that I still have to wear a binder (it is like a girdle) and a special bra 24/7 for a few more days. I have to say that I am very happy that I had the surgery. I am no longer embarrassed of my tummy. Thanks for the support. You girls are the only ones that know besides one other friend and of course Larry. I am embarassed to tell anyone the truth so I just say I had a hernia operation. Even the kids don't know or my family. Thanks for being there.

Better go Larry is coming home for lunch now.

Dee

4myloves
09-20-2005, 01:16 PM
Gayle, my sister is doing much better, thanks for asking. She got a house in a city about 10 miles from where my parents live and she is settling in nicely. My niece, her daughter, on the other hand is not doing well AT ALL. She tried to commit suicide last week.

She tried to hang herself last Thursday night and my soon to be ex-b-i-l didn't even call my sister and let her know until LATE Saturday night. How's that for a kicker? I'm very worried about my niece, not too surprised, though (I know that sounds awful, but she's 16 and she's been through He!! the past few years w/her folks).

I wish she would have called me before trying something so drastic. I feel as though I have failed her in some way. I don't know what I'm going to say to her the next time I see her....... :(

Deelite
09-20-2005, 02:44 PM
Cheryl I am sorry to hear about your neice. Dez was hospitalize for depression and trying to commit suicide. Is your neice getting help or is she in the hospital? Please make sure she gets help. Your BIL was not fair in calling your sisiter. When you see your neice next give her a big hug and tell her you love her and that if there is anything she wants to talk about you are there for her. I feel for you because I have been there. Just make sure she gets some help the feeling just doesn't go away without help. Hugs to you.

ShelleyM
09-20-2005, 05:41 PM
Cheryl-I am so sorry about your niece. I hope she gets the help she needs. I would encourage counseling and do consult Dee, because she has been through it.

Dee-Can't post too much right now, but I'll respond to your post tomorrow. I'm so happy that you are happy with the outcome of your surgery.

Deelite
09-20-2005, 06:30 PM
I am just dropping in to let you know that Larry is off to Houston tomorrow with his work so I am going to go stay at my sister Gail's on the ranch. She promises that she will take good care of me making me some home made soup. She has a horse ranch near the lake. I will be a little holiday visiting with her and my nephew Thomaz. Her live in boyfriend comes home friday night. I will also come back home friday but Larry won't be here til early saturday morning and then we are heading back to the lake for an afternoon and over night birthday party for his boss. We are bring crepe suzette with bananas and whipping cream for sunday breakfast. They are spiked with Grand Marnia. I hope that I won't be to pooped by the time the weekend is done.

Something else I wanted to share with you. Dad is still in denial about his cancer and doesn't want mom to tell anyone. Mom is having a hard time not talking to anyone about it. On the weekend she was crying when she talked about it and wanted to tell some of dad's family. I did the dirty deed and phone one of my aunts asking her to visit my mom. She asked what was wrong and I told her. She promised not to tell mom or dad I told. Do you think that I was wrong in doing what I did? I know dad doesn't want anyone knowing but mom is hurting and really needs to talk.

Sherry
09-20-2005, 07:24 PM

I went back to work today. My eye is still a little red & swollen but much better.

Dee,
Thanks for asking about my eye. Yep...got it from those kiddies! :yikes: Those braclets aren't popular here yet. They are really pretty. That was so sweet of Larry to buy you one. You are one spoiled princess!! :lol: Take care this week & weekend and don't over-do it. I can't wait to see pictures of you!!!! I'm glad you're happy with the surgery! I think you did the right thing by telling your Aunt. Maybe since she knows, she can do or say something that won't leak out that you told. I'll continue to pray for your Dad (& Mom). HUGS! :grouphug:

Gayle,
Have I told you lately how proud I am of you!! ;) You are doing so good on core!!! Hang in there and don't give up. You can do it! The weigh-in thread sounds good! I'll do it after I post. Thanks! Also...PLEASE give Steve a big hug for me for the coupons! I can't wait to get them! LOL! Tell him that Debbie & I are keeping the BB in business down here in TN!! :lol:

Shelley,
I can't ever remember the last time I weighed 123!!!! It must be very nice! But I also know how hard you've work to get to your goal weight. I'm proud of you! How is school? Is it going better? I know that a couple of weeks ago we were both ready to walk out the door! :lol: Every year they add more work on us. Is it the same there?

Janice,
OK..you've done the shopping...now start on low carb!! LOL! I'm sitting here waiting for you!!!! Debbie & I have been eating a lot of taco salads that are awesome. We just don't use the chips. If you have any good,easy recipes please share them with us!

Cheryl,
Please get well soon!!!! I'm so sorry to hear about your Niece. Her & your Sister will be in my prayers. :angel: Can you believe that I have never been to Branson! What exactly do you do there? As close as we live, we should meet someday! Wouldn't that be neat!!???

Vicki.....Carol.......Ramona.....Debbie.....Hello & hope you'll post soon!!!! [hint-hint!] (Forgive me if I left anyone out! My mind is tired! :yikes: )

Has anyone heard from Doni? I'm getting worried about her!

I don't know if I told you, but Chris didn't get to go to New Orleans afterall. The government hasn't release them. He is coming home for 8 days!! :cp: He'll be here FRIDAY MORNING!!!!!!! I can't wait to hug him!!!! I'm having a huge cook-out here Saturday. I'll have family, friends & some his buddies here. There should be around 30-40 people here! So if I don't post this weekend, you'll know why! :lol:

I love you all.....

Sherry
09-20-2005, 07:51 PM
I made a new thread for weekly weigh-ins. Thanks Gayle for the idea!!

It's at the top of the page. I made it as a sticky....

Deelite
09-20-2005, 09:36 PM
Sherry I am so happy that you will see Chris. Eight days is a nice visit. don't you tire yourself out to much with all the work you will do with the cook out. Thanks for praying for my mom and dad. I feel better that I told my aunt. Thanks for the new thread Sherry.

Larry and I were just watching the news and we seen that they are evacuating Gavelstone, Tx. Larry's job site is very near there. He is concerned but is still flying out in the morning. Hopefully the huricane rita will die down. How are you making out Shelley. I heard that it is a catagory 2 right now. Suppose to be a catagory 3 by tomorrow night. I pray for everyone that is in it's path. If Larry ends up staying home I will post and let you all know, because that means I will be staying home too.

Enjoy your week. If

gdeann
09-20-2005, 11:44 PM
Dee, tell Larry to stay safe. It's my understanding houston is being evacuated. I heard that Rita could be a cat 4 when it hits. I think you did the right thing by telling your Aunt. She probably knew something was going on, now she can rest easier. Prayers continue to be sent for dad.

Cheryl, just give your niece a hug, that is all it takes. Sometimes a touch means so much more then any words spoken. I'm sure she knows you care!

Sher, thanks for starting the thread! ENJOY CHRIS! Is he still with Dana??? I bet Drew is excited to see his big brother.

Shelley, I weighed 120-127 in highschool and then shortly after I had Liz. Over the years, I have never been able to get that low again. You are doing AWESOME!

I worry about Doni too...

Everyone in the path of the storm, please stay safe!

gdeann
09-20-2005, 11:54 PM
Shelley, are you guys getting wind & rain????

ShelleyM
09-21-2005, 06:13 AM
Gayle-When I weighed in this morning, of course I was up. I was 124.5. That's okay though. My problem is once my weight starts going down, I want to see it go down more. I have a tendancy toward bulemia. When I was younger I used to gorge myself then use suppositories to empty it out. That was when I was in my 30's. Now after I run, I get on the scale to see how much I have lost in sweat. My lowest after a run has been 118. I'm sick in the head! BTW, we got some wind and rain yesterday, but nothing serious.

Dee-I hope Larry decides not to go. This hurricane stuff is just too scary. I think he would be safer at home and not in the air. The bracelets are beautiful. I have never heard of them, but we know how Larry spoils his wonderful princess! You are worth every bit that he does for you. How is Dez? Is she getting along in her apartment well? I can't wait to see pictures of you. I look everyday on the picture posts to see if there is anything new!

Sherry-School has calmed down. Now I was told yesterday that I would need to spend 20 minutes per day copying to help out the lady that does the copies. She is very overwhelmed. That's okay with me. I just hope someone watches the front desk while I am copying. Just another thing to do. Some of the stuff I have been asked to do should be done by the AP, such as writing the SAI plan and other stuff. When I am asked though, I let them know that all I can do is the budget. I am not certified to write that kind of stuff.

I am also worried about Doni. Doni if you are reading, please at least pop in to let us know that you are okay. We love you and want you to be well.

Time to go to work. Everyone have a great day!

Deelite
09-21-2005, 11:05 AM
Gayle that scares me. I need to check the weather and see what is up. Larry left this morning. Maybe if it is that bad they won't land there and he will come home. Thanks for the confirmation on me telling my aunt and the prayers. You may never get down to the 120's again but I am sure that you will be in the 140"s. As we age our bodies change and it is never going to be what it once was.

Shelley stay safe. I do love my bracelet. And yes Larry does spoil me. By the way I won't be posting pics here, I will email you them. I don't want everyone to see me. lol Now for you, no matter if your 5 pounds up or down you are health and look great so don't be so hard on yourself.

My sister will be here soon so I better run. Love you all.

4myloves
09-21-2005, 03:29 PM
Thank you all for your concern about my niece (and sister). As far as I know my niece was admitted into a behavorial health center the day/night she tried to hang herself. I'm not sure of this, because, like I said, by x-b-i-l didn't call sis until two days later. My family as a whole isn't talking too much about it. I have the feeling they're going to try and pretend as though nothing ever happened, which I don't know if I agree with.

All I do know is that I can't stop thinking about it. I've never had "patience" for suicidal people, because that's something I can't understand. It's different when it hits close to home, and with someone you love--someone you'd give your own life for is willing to kill themself. I just keep thinking that somehow I have failed her. I keep saying to my self "Why didn't she come to me when she had a problem instead of leaving it inside?" Then I think about the time around three weeks ago when she asked me to take her out in the boat fishing and I said no because it was too hot. I know that if she had been successful in her attempt to end her life I would have grieved over that lost chance forever. Even as I sit here typing this, I'm trying not to cry. It just kills me.

gdeann
09-21-2005, 03:46 PM
Cheryl, I never reached the point of suicide, but once I had so many things going on in my life, I wondered about it at moments. I never discussed it with my family because I was afraid they would consider me a failure. I'm sure your niece would love to talk to you, but isn't sure how to start the conversation or is afraid you will think less of her. I learned a serious lesson through my years, never put off saying or doing what you want because of fear of failure or embarrasment. We only live once and life can take such a drastic turn, it may be the only available opportunity.

gdeann
09-21-2005, 03:49 PM
Dee, let us know about Larry!

I have a cousin in ICU with post surgery complications. His stitches ruptered to the colon and he now has gangrene. Please say a prayer if you have a free minute. THANK YOU!!!

ShelleyM
09-21-2005, 05:30 PM
Gayle-I'm sending prayers to your cousin.

Dee-I forgot to let you know that I also agree about telling your aunt. I believe that is something that shouldn't be kept from your loved ones.

Cheryl-I used to have suicidal thoughts, like running my car over the train tracks near my home. That was before Prozac entered my life. Now I rarely have those kind of thoughts going through my head, mainly because of my children. Wow--we really do tell our secrets to each other on this board, don't we??

gdeann
09-21-2005, 09:04 PM
Shelley, please post on our weight loss thread Sher created for us! Who cares if you have been at goal, it's still pounds lost for you and the group and will be fun to track.

Sherry
09-21-2005, 09:50 PM
STOP!!!!!!

Please Go To #50...........A New Thread Has Been Started!!!! :cheer: