Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-14-2005, 04:18 PM   #1  

Default Yoga anyone?

Just curious if anyone else does Yoga or pilates. I do both & when I stick to it the results are amazing. But then I slack off
loosinbabyfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 08:33 AM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

I did do Yoga a while back for a long time, but gosh darn it I am so busy running, biking, swimming now, and going to the gym, that Yoga would take up just too much time. But I did enjoy it tremendously... I went to a Yoga camp one summer for the weekend in the Laurentian Mountains and loved it...I see you are from WAY upstate New York, I am 20 minutes from Massena NY in Ontario...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 03:20 PM   #3  

Wow! You are busy!! Now that the weather is nasty I haven't been outside running/biking... anything So only yoga. I miss teh cardio and need to come up w/something!!!

I'm not sure where Massena is! :blush: I've heard of it,b ut can't remember. I'm about 50 miles south of Montreal tho
Old 10-26-2005, 03:23 PM   #4  

I take a weekly yoga class that I adore. I need to practice more at home! I've been doing it for about two years now, I loved it from the beginning and it has taught me so much about the way the body works and has certainly helped my mental state.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 03:28 PM   #5  
Opulent

I practice yoga daily when I am on track and 3 times a week when I am not on track because I teach yoga

I love what yoga has done for me
Yogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 06:40 PM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

loosinbabyfat -- Why are you not running in this cooler weather? This is THE best time for me! We ran tonight and it was awesome... The girls ran yesterday, I didn't go, they ran in the POURING COLD rain! I don't LOVE the rain but I don't mind running in a light drizzle... OOOPS off topic this is the YOGA thread ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 12:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 164/137/135

Height: 5ft, 4.5in

Default Me too!

I've been doing yoga at least once a week for the past year. It has been great to feel myself progress, and if my teacher/I really push myself I think it's a great workout. The results are definitely different than weights or cardio, though.

I'm going to try Pilates this week, and get back in to weights and some sort of cardio. I think it's important to be well rounded.

That said, yoga is great for amazing myself with all that my body can do.

-Amy
ameliaamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 06:33 PM   #8  
I CAN do it!!

S/C/G: 175/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

I was practicing Bikram Yoga about 6 months ago. I saw some great results from it. This type of yoga is faster moving, done in a heated room of about 42 degrees I think with extreme humidity. You sweat so much! It's great!
They just sent me a free week voucher so I am going to start going back. It tones in a way that nothing else does...

Megan

Megan
MeganMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 08:26 AM   #9  

Ilene ~ The cooler weather is fine to run in. I actually enjoy that. The dark isn't... DH leaves for work in the dark and gets home after dark. I can't run w/ 3 kids 4, 3, and 2 I have a jogger stroller than fits 2 and sometimes I can squeeze 3 in there, but then they start fighting because they are cramped and uncomfortable. LOL. Not worth it to me.

I am thinking of getting out and running today. DH is home so there's a good chance I'll get to. I miss it.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:32 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey Ladies,
I was just talking about how I need to get back on the Yoga/pilates wagon. This summer I was about it. And though I was heavier on the scale, my body was way toner and I felt more svelt. I had a great teacher this summer who left and the new one, I didn't like so much so I have been doing cardio cardio cardio. I need to bust out some tapes or something.
thanks for the reminder.
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 03:41 PM   #11  

Hope that you get back on the wagon and enjoy it!! I sure LOVE pilates and yoga.. and love the results. But I tend to slack off lately too.