Dieting with Obstacles - Fibromyalgia #145

View Full Version : Fibromyalgia #145

MemeToo
09-14-2005, 01:26 PM
I know Mima ... been on Prednisone a lot and once for a very long time. Well ... I took the last of it yesterday so maybe I can GET OVER IT! now. I took a lot less than what the Dr. prescribed or I really would be bouncing off the walls. I'm still pretty jittery today. I have 7 - 20 mg. pills left of what he gave me. Told hubby I'd save them for the Christmas rush. I usually get to feeling puny around then. Winter makes me hurt worse. My Rheumatologist has me take Prednisone almost every December so if I need it I won't have to call and ask him for it. I have eaten my way through the house in the last 4 or 5 days. Hope it slows down now or I won't be able to get in my prom dress! :lol: We're having our annual Anniversary Sunday at church this coming Sunday ... It's hard for me because I'm always up there on the stage in front of everybody. I'll just have to remember not to turn side-ways! ;)

Have to go to town today so got to get busy. Hope you all have a great day ... glad I don't have 2 babies to worry about! :eek:

Oh ... heard from Candice ... having computer problems again.

Mima
09-15-2005, 07:34 AM
Good morning! I made a casserole for my cousin and I will make a banana cream pie. Stomache still has pain and I have sciatica and a pain in my heel. Yikes!! Oh, the 2 babies are jaundiced-so was Evan. And John Peter is jealous because he wants to nurse too. Mima

Tammy
09-15-2005, 07:21 PM
My son was jaundiced when he was born too.
The banana cream pie sounds delicious!! I would like some right now.

I need some prayers ladies. There was an incident at school on the playground on Tuesday with a rather rebellious, belligerent, and rude child. He would not be quiet and kept pulling away, hitting and kicking at me. I flipped his cheek with my fingers (didn't hit him), but now I am on paid Administrative Leave while the administration does an investigation. The boy is suspended by the way. We have over 225 kids on the playground at once. It is a small area. There are 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders out there. Too many for that little area. This is the first year it has been like this because of all of the wonderful changes that have been made at school. NOT.

Anyway, I don't know when I get to go back. Hopefully Monday. I was hoping for tomorrow, but since I"ve heard nothing today, I guess not.

Happy Canuk
09-15-2005, 10:50 PM
Good evening ladies.

Meme - thanks for starting a new thread!!! Glad you are finished with the Prednisone - glad you can get it when you need it. I hope you are feeling a lot better by now.

Mima - so, not much longer before you head to Florida! I wouldn't go near the place until AFTER the hurricane season. I am a chicken :lol:

Tammy - I hope you get back to classes soon. The rules have gotten ridiculous, if you ask me. Some bully grade 3 boy, was picking on my little gdaughter and her friend when they were out in the playgound. He would kick them and hit them, and pull the hoods of their parkas. The girls told the playground supervisor about it on two different occassion, but it seemed like nothing was done about it. Ashley overhead ME talking to my daughter and telling her that Ashley needs to know she can defend herself against a bully and not be subjected to that kind of thing - NEXT thing you know, the boy started in on the two girls again, and they beat HIM up! NOW the notes came home from the teacher. In the end it got straightened up, and the boy has left the girls alone. As my hubby said, he was probably humilated when two grade one girls beat him up! I still believe I was right, but the schools don't allow this. I think all children should know they can defend themselves without getting into trouble.

Wouldn't I make a wonderful teacher :lol:

Well, it is for sure Fall here, although it feels more like winter. I have never seen as wet a SPRING, SUMMER and FALL as this year. The winter is supposed to be warmer than usual, but lots of snow storms. Yikes!! This is MY pain year. I don't do well with humidity and Alberta has always been hot and dry or cold and dry - the key word DRY!!!

Hi Joanne and Canadice. Hope you are doing well.

Mima
09-16-2005, 07:17 AM
Oh Tammy-that is so sad. I had to leave because the kids were so rude to me, Couldn't take it. And parents were rude also. Hope this turns out ok and I will pray. I held the new baby yesterday!! And Auntie had to wait ion me hand and foot. Son will be here tonight and gone in the am. I had a pain free day yesterday!! My sewing machine won't work and I don't know how to fix it. The needle won't pick up the bobbin thread-any suggestions Joanne. I was going to make my almost new grandchild some outfits. My daughter decided that guy wasn't her type-he didn't take it well. Bye for now. Mima

Joanne D
09-16-2005, 01:11 PM
Tammy- Sounds like you have one like my daughter has in your class. The parent is aware of the problem child but won't admit it.Hope this all works out for you. I used to tell mine ,'you get in trouble at school and then you get in trouble with me'. Only one time when the teacher had a method of pinching and putting blue makes on my son did I back him up and take him out of her class. Several other mothers had the same problem with her.Sounds like your principle should have backed you up. These days it seems that everyone is looking for reasons for bad parenting or to sue someone. In the old days if a kid didn't behave he/she got their butt smacked.

Mima- Sounds like a bobbin problem.. Hope you feel better soon. I had stomach problems all last week. Let me know when you want to come to Tarpon Springs.
Meme- I hate predisone.. The weight gain that goes with it is bad enough.
Happy- I am feeling pretty good ,today. I will attempt to get a walk in. It seems that I may have to just do that every other day.
Hello everybody.. I am late doing everything today. Woke up late. I don't sleep well first part of night. So now it will catch up all day...Joanne

Tammy
09-16-2005, 10:12 PM
Thanks everyone. The superintendent told me today that no decision has been made yet. He told me to plan for a sub for Monday. I've been on the phone with the teacher's association rep, and he has been in contact with the lawyer. He described the lawyer as a bear, and he didn't mean a teddy bear! Could get interesting!

I had a phone call from a concerned parent this morning. I told her that I wasn't allowed to talk about the incident. She was sending letters to the principal and superintendent about supporting me, and she plans to let others know how I'm being treated. Oh my!

MemeToo
09-17-2005, 02:39 AM
Oh Tammy ... I'm so sorry. Just got on here and read about your problem. I'll certainly be praying for you over the weekend ... this, too, shall pass, you'll see. There is a song that I sing called, "It's Just Another Red Sea." (Written by Gold City) The chorus goes:

It's Just Another Red Sea
That the Lord'll see you through
It's just another giant
Like the one that David slew
Just another battle, an opportunity
For you to win the victory
Don't worry when the water looks deep
It's just another Red Sea

Ever since I learned that song, I've tried to live by it. When bad or sad things happen or I get up feeling so bad I can't hardly get up, I start singing that song. It's just another Red Sea. Just something else I have to get through. Something else the Lord is going to help me cross. And if He doesn't help me cross it He'll take me around it ... it may be a long way around but He'll be with me to guide me so it'll be ok ... I'll eventually get there. Life is full of green valleys, dry deserts, Rocky Mountains and Red Seas! I guess that's what makes it so interesting! Don't worry girl ... Your boat is in good hands!

Mima
09-17-2005, 11:32 AM
What beautiful sentiments, Meme. Tammy-this will turn out fine. What a great parent for that support. anne-hope you are settled! Joanne-I took an old sewing machine home from tjhe flea market-couldn't get that one to work either. 2 for the rubbish. Bought a Brother at walmart-it costs less than Brad's tank of gas. Son just left-short visit but i did get to iron his shirt and pants. he rented a tux for the wedding. Going to the flea market-maybe I can relieve somebody. Bye Mima

Tammy
09-17-2005, 12:19 PM
Meme, that's beautiful! I'll try to keep that in mind while this is going on. I just wish it was over so I could get back into the classroom.

Mima, I'm praying that it turns out fine, and I'm thrilled with this mother going to bat for me. I've had both of her boys, and she knows they aren't angels, but I have dealt fairly with them with different issues.

We have a tax levy on the ballot for the school in November. There are many people against it because of all of the things the administration and board has done over the past few years. My husband had written letters to the editor about some of the issues, and he even went to board meetings. We have a vote NO sign in our yard, so I think that's what part of the problem is getting this thing solved. Had some phone calls from people around town who had their NO signs come up missing overnight. the sheriff has been called. One woman saw a red van driving very slowly down their road late last night. Earlier this week, some of the cross country team was seen kicking down some of the signs. My son and I were talking earlier, and one of the CC team members parents have a red van. Hmmm. Could be interesting.

There are also signs up in support of the levy. They say Education First. Well, my brother has a letter ready to go to the paper and to the school board, about everything they are putting first before education. My SIL teaches at the high school, so she and I have first hand knowledge of the crap they've pulled and the lies they are telling the community. Well, enough of my soapbox for now. lol

Hope everyone has a great weekend! The band is going to their first marching contest this afternoon. Would you believe they are letting me go to chaperone? I asked the superintendent more than once, and he said it was ok. I must really be a threat then, right?

Mima
09-18-2005, 06:39 AM
I guess they trust you Tammy. I am sure they are doing what they have to do to protect you and themselves. the worse case I have ever heard of was a great principal who was accused of molestation and placed on leave for a long, long time til his name was cleared. i used to see him at Mass in the morning, He was one of those people who did everything for the kids. His whole family was in education!! And his name was cleared!! I am still praying. What a surprise yesterday. Brad's son and his girl, from now on to be known as Brett and Angela, came over to tell us about a baby in May and the wedding this October, We knew they would get married eventually but not that soon. Anyway-we may have to wait a week or 2 before we leave. But that's ok-Brad will have more time to do things. Brada's first grandchild. Life is what happens while you are making other plans. She is going to school and she says she will finish. And graduate in May. Bye for now. mima

Tammy
09-18-2005, 12:41 PM
Mima, congratulations on the upcoming marriage and baby!! Also, thanks for the prayers. I feel like there is so much support, that things will work out in the end. If not, I don't know what I'll do.

Mima
09-19-2005, 06:44 AM
One day at a time!!!The things we worry about usually don't happen. God knows the outcome and He loves you! Saw the bride and groom yesterday-they are meeting with the minister on Wed. Wedding is getting bigger. i have to lose 5 lbs so I can get in my dress. Good incentive because I have not been walking. But I will today. My 2 grandchildren have colds!! And Mike is up here. Mima

Joanne D
09-19-2005, 12:02 PM
Tammy- Mima is right. One day at a time. Don't make yourself sick over this . It will work out. There is so much pressure in the schools these days I am surprised that more teachers don't just retire.
Mima- I have to lose 5 lbs too. I am right on the edge of being out of leeway. I try to walk as often as possible. But it doesn't help when I eat things I shouldn't.
Meme- I read about all the things you do in your church. I am just trying to get back to going to church. I seem to get out of the habit from time to time. I went yesterday and the walls didn't rumble so I guess I will give it another try next sunday.My hubby is refusing to go so I am on my own.Early mornings are hard for me so I am trying the mid day time.
Hello everybody... My laundry is waiting for me...Bye...Joanne

MemeToo
09-19-2005, 01:25 PM
Joanne ... midday works. God doesn't care what time you go as long as you give Him the time! ;) We had our Anniversary dinner yesterday ... went good. Of course, I went Sat. night and spent 2 1/2 hrs. cleaning & getting everything ready ahead of time. It was our week to clean the church plus got the coffee pots ready and all the paper stuff set up and set up tables in the kitchen. Put all the drinks in the refigerators. I had been dumping ice for 2 weeks plus bought some and put in the freezer. It went smooth. I drifted back and forth from the service to the kitchen. Then was sitting on the piano bench minding my own business when the preacher gets up (we're on the stage in the middle of preliminaries) and whispers in my ear ... can your ladies group sing. Well ... we just started singing last week and only have ONE song which, as I told you, we sang TWICE last Sunday. :p One of the girl's sons was there and I think the preacher figured he might want to hear his mom sing. I whispered back, the CD is out in the van. He said, good, and sat down. I meant ... NO! He took that as a YES! So I started motioning to my hubby that the trio was to sing by giving him the deaf sign for sing and holding up three fingers ... made sense to me ... so he'd get the CD from the van. He was running the sound and had to leave that. He misunderstood me and went to my seat to get MY CD from my bible case because he though I was going to sing track three from it. What a mess. I finally got his attention and shook my head ... violently ... and gave him the signs for sing and three fingers again and he mouthed ... what. :lol: All this is going on while the service is taking place on stage and I'm sitting on the piano bench. He's at my seat by now rummaging through my stuff looking for my CD. He finally just comes all the way up front to the piano and I had to whisper to HIM what's going on. Then to get the message to the other 2 girls without going off the stage. I got one woman's husband's attention & mouthed "get Bonnie". He did and I mouthed to her. She said no ... I said yes and that went back and forth 3 times. I told her to get the words ... looked all around and the other woman wasn't even in the auditorium. I nearly paniced. Of all things. I had to get up while they were praying over the offering ... run to the kitchen and get the other member of the trio and run back in time to play the offeratory song. So ... any of you gals think you want to be a church musician? :eek: After we finished the dinner ... cleaned up all the mess and put away the tables, we went outside and had another service before we went home. Talk about a long day. Then, found out my kids were singing at their church last night so hubby wanted to go hear them. They are sooooooo good. They really need to make a CD. Our best friends live about a mile from where our kids go to church and they went to hear them with us. We went home with them afterward & they were talking about how good the kids are. They could easily go professional if they wanted to. I wish you all could hear them ... it's my son, daughter and DIL. I was so tired when I got home, my ankle was swollen nealy double. Still hasn't gone down. It'll take me the rest of the week to recouperate but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do and take the consequeces later.

Tammy
09-19-2005, 09:20 PM
One day at a time. That's what Bob has been telling me too. I have been making myself sick over all of this. I guess I should listen. lol

Mima, that 5 pounds should come off fast when you start walking again.

Joanne, I didn't make it to church on Sunday. It starts at 9, and I just wasn't up and moving around good enough to go. We are going to start 2 services sometime, but I"m not sure when. I'll probably go to the later one. When Tim works on Saturday night, I really don't sleep until he gets home, so I'm never rested on Sunday mornings.

Meme, too funny!!! I can just see you trying to get your point across to everyone about what was going on!! Take care of the ankle!

Mima
09-20-2005, 07:27 AM
That is funny, Meme. Joanne, glad you are going back to church. I get such comfort from it. We are going to the prayer service tonight. Tammy, I can see how hard this is for you-I know it would be for me. God's time is not our time. Tomorrow we are going to try to get that cat!! !!!!!!! I only want to do it for Auntie so she will be happy. That has to be the last time for me. I slept almost 9 hours last night!! I heard that walking in the morning does that. But my legs hurt. That last massage wasn't good. Did some sewing yesterday. I am stupid!! Cut out 2 fronts from 2 different patterns!! Adjusted it-guess I am not that stupid!! She is so tiny-I am making a 3. Pants today. Then a denim jumper. Bye for now. Mima

Tammy
09-20-2005, 08:30 AM
Mima, 9 hours of sleep sounds nice! Hope the legs feel better soon. You are not stupid! I can barely thread a needle!!!! lol

MemeToo
09-20-2005, 02:28 PM
How funny ... you woudn't have know if she was coming or going! :lol:

All afternoon yesterday the left side of my face felt funny. Last night when I was eating dinner I told hubby my jaw felt weird and the inside of my mouth felt swollen. Then, last night when I went to wash my face before I went to bed, it felt numb. I dried it off and the whole left side of my head, my ear, face, chin and neck was completely numb. I thought I must be stroking out. I couldn't go to sleep ... worried I wouldn't wake up or something. When I laid on my left side it was worse so I finally got laid down on my right side and got comfortable and dosed off. I woke up a little before 7 and got up ... not dead yet. ;) Nothing had changed ... it hadn't gone down into my arm or anything ... no tingling, no drawing, no paralysis ... so I went to the computer and looked up myofascial pain syndrome. The muscles in my left shoulder and the side of my neck are so tight they are killing me. Sure enough, there it was:

Fiobromyalgia (FM) is a common painful and chronic disorder characterized by widespread pain in at least 8 specific areas of the body, including the neck, shoulders, and chest. Other names that are associated with this condition are myositis, myofascial pain syndrome and fibromyositis.

Tight muscles that irritate peripheral nerves causing pain, numbness, tingling sensations, and weakness locally and to distal muscles supplied by that nerve. Tense muscles that impede blood circulation causing local swelling and decreased oxygen to local tissues and tissues supplied elsewhere along the decreased blood and oxygen flow decreasing the ability to repair tissue that has been damaged by everyday use, thus leading to soft tissue injuries Muscle Massage Therapy System Patients with FM need to combine self-care with their health professional care.

So ... I called my Drs. office this morning and told his nurse what was going on ... asked her to make me an app. with a Physical Therapist today if possible to get this worked out because it's killing me. I was prepared to argue with her about it being a stroke ... figured as soon as I said numbness she'd say get your butt in her or go to the hospital one. Well ... she just said, he'll probably want to see you to make sure that's what it is before sending you to PT. Then made me an app. AT 3:15 ... SIX AND 1/2 HRS LATER!!! For all they knew this could have been a stroke and I could be dead by then. I seriously need a new Dr. but there aren't any around here. I called my daugher at the hospital to try and find one but she said there just aren't any! If I didn't need a referral to go to PT I wouldn't even bother going to the app. Won't be going to PT today ... another night of pain!

Joanne D
09-20-2005, 08:57 PM
Meme- What happened to ER,I would have been there yesterday.. Hope you have nothing too serious.. Your body may be telling you something. Like you are doing too much..
Tammy- Any news yet?
Hello All. Joanne

MemeToo
09-21-2005, 02:07 AM
I thought about the ER last night but the lame ER Drs don't know what they are doing so I feel like it's a wasted trip most of the time. I didn't really think I was having a stroke after I calmed down and reasoned it out. I didn't have any other symptoms ... just the numbness and it wasn't really in the right place. But the nurse didn't know that when I talked to her this morning ... for all she knew I could have been dying! He did the right thing after I got there this afternoon, even though it was a little late in the day! He got me in to PT tomorrow, gave me some muscle relaxers and sent me over to the hospital for a MRI. Although, I got up off the table after they had me laying there for over 30 minutes and walked away before they completed the MRI ... I know, I know ... tell me how bad I am. They said they had 10 more minutes to go ... they told me at the start it would only take 20. I told them how bad my back was and that I couldn't lay on that hard table for very long ... they said 20 minutes, max. I said ok but I need something under my knees. They put this little knee thing under them and slid me in. Then she did one vibration and came and rolled me out and yelled at me ... did I have a bobby pin in my hair. I said, no, I told you I didn't. She said well you have something metal in your hair because it showed up on the MRI. I said, no I don't ... I told you ... nothing is in my hair ... must be on your end. So she runs her fingers through the top of my hair, says humph, and pushes me back in and I'm in there for another 30 minutes before they pull me out and tell me it'll take 10 more minutes. I said, get me out of this, I'm done. They said, no you're not, we need 10 more minutes. I said, you'll just have to make do with what you have because I'm not going back in there my back is killing me and I'm getting out of this so get this stuff off me now! That was 5 hrs. ago and my back is still numb in one spot. It hurts all the way down my right leg. You all have been telling me to just say no ... So ... I did!

Mima
09-21-2005, 06:56 AM
I hate those machines-they have one now where you are not closed in. I have had that myofacial thing-massage your face!! Going to my old chiro today. He is great. Then I am going on cat rescue #3. Future DIL wants guest list so we will go over ther tonight. It's getting busy. We offered to help with the wedding. Not open bar!! I said we could get the cake. Suzanne says not to spend her wedding money!! I said you have to get a groom. She's trying. Glad she hasn't gone back with Steve and she shows no signs. She's meeting some wealthy guy from Boston this weekend. She said she wanted to explain our house in FL-the mobile home. I said that we are in a retirement community!!!! We are just ordinary people!!! Bye for now. Mima

Tammy
09-21-2005, 07:41 AM
Meme, I hope you have some relief soon! How awful for you.

I'm meeting with the superintendent and the union reps today at 10:30. When the supt. called about the meeting, I told him that I would have to contact my lawyer first. He acted shocked. Duh! Found out that the parents of the boy have put it in writing that they want this nonsense to stop. They want me back in the classroom where I should be. They have contacted school board members too. The principal is even backing me on this one. The supt. is being a jerk. Hmm. My husband going to board meetings, writing letters to the editor, and the Vote No for the levy sign might have something to do with his attitude. Right? This is my 6th day off of school (with pay). A bus driver last year did something similar only she was hitting (not just one flip ) a child with a backpack. She missed 5 days and still has her job.

I don't like MRI's either. When I had my stress test done over the summer, they had to do x-rays something like that. They put a nice sized pillow under my knees so I would be comfortable. Too bad they didn't do all they could to help you out Meme.

Mima, good luck with the cat! Why does she have to explain the house in Florida? Retirement communities are everywhere, and I hope to be looking for one soon!!! (but not too soon)

It's foggy here. School is on a 2 hour delay, so my plans for the sub are totally off. Oh well.

Tammy
09-21-2005, 11:10 PM
Here's the scoop from today's meeting. It lasted less than 10 minutes. The supt. said that he wanted to meet again tomorrow. This guys an idiot! Tomorrow is my 7th day off with pay. PLUS they are paying a sub. Unreal. And our district is in a financial crisis. I need to be back in the classroom to get the kids under control. The sub is a nice lady, but she can't handle 4th graders.

Now I have to wait until 10:30 tomorrow.

That's all for now!

MemeToo
09-22-2005, 04:41 AM
Tammy ... bureaucrats and their red tape. When I worked in the system I found that a lot of school board officials are full of thier own self importance. And one thing that made them feel important was making people under them feel unimportant. I could never understand people like that. I always figured their time would come someday. They like being at the top and making everybody else jump ... problems was (and still is) I don't jump. I just like to get the job done ... don't care if somebody else gets the credit ... whatever. Just leave me alone and let me do my job. (And let me stand back and watch the bureaucrats hang themselves eventually!) ;)

Went to PT today ... evaluation. She said my muscles were horrible. Said my neck muscles were in spasms. Don't know if this is going to help or not.

You guys have got to read Frank Peretti's new book "Monster". I Stayed up until 2 a.m. to finish it ... it was really good!

Mima
09-22-2005, 07:05 AM
I have to say that the massage lady helped me with my neck and back-it seems you don't realize that it gets that way-I guess you just adjust or get used to it. Tammy, sounds like things are going to end ok-those in charge are trying to protect their butts. Hope you are ok.
I went over my future DIL, well step DIL, and am finding more things out about the wedding reception. They need a one day liquor license to BYOB.!!! We are not the ones to get it. Her mother plus help is doing all the cooking. Angela said she was cooking 2 chickens so Brad called up Brett's stepfather to see if he was cooking and yes. We are buying the cake-it's going to be gorgeous, I had one for my wedding, so I offered to get the paper goods to match. Now I am thinking centerpieces, printed napkins. Got to class this thing up. My Baptist husband would like the wedding in the church hall. Without liquor or music, I am leaving when the people start drinking!!!We always joked about what kind of wedding it would be and now it's a reality. Brett's mom is buying Angela a dress and I am taking her to the hairdressers. Yikes!!! Mima ps-the clothes I made for Little Debbie fit her perfectly and WE DID'NT CATCH THE CAT> Someone had fed her!!

Tammy
09-22-2005, 01:51 PM
I'm doing much better now. The meeting lasted 10 minutes again. They are putting a letter of reprimand in my file, and I can return to school tomorrow. Thanks for all of your support ladies!!!!

Meme, I agree with you. Let me do my job. I know that I am good at what I do. Some of the board members have never been in a classroom since they were in school, and the supt. hasn't taught for years. I'm just glad it turned out ok.

I haven't read Monster, but I had heard that it was great. I've read some of his other books, and I enjoyed them even though they gave me the willies. lol

Mima, sounds like the wedding is coming together. Have fun with the planning. Too bad about the cat.

Mima
09-22-2005, 03:33 PM
PTL tammy!!!!

Happy Canuk
09-22-2005, 05:40 PM
Tammy, so glad all worked out for you. It's a shame EVERYTHING has so much redtape attached, anymore.

Mima - When is the wedding? I guess you will just be a little late getting to Florida. Glad you are feeling better.

Meme - I hope that YOU are feeling much better by now. I have NEVER had an MRI, only a catscan and a bonescan. Didn't like the bonescan, as they give you radiation shots first, send you home to drink water for 4 hours and then come back and expect you to lay on a table, when all you have to do is pee :lol: Well, AT LAST, you said NO!! I am proud of you ;)

Not much new here. Just fall has arrived in full force. Today it is raining and it is only 39 degrees above, so a little cool. A gal I know from another board, is coming to visit me next week (she is from Georgia) and staying a week. Looking forward to actually meeting her. The net has some nice advantages. I have talked to her many, many times, and have "known" her for over 6 years.

Hope you all have a nice day.

Happy Canuk
09-22-2005, 05:44 PM
This is my backyard. Just thought I would share this with you. The other picture is of hubby and me, just after we moved in to our new suite.

http://photos.imageevent.com/happycanuk/pictures/Beautiful%20Fall.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/happycanuk/pictures/websize/Glorious%20Fall.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/happycanuk/pictures/Anne%20and%20Hans.jpg

Tammy
09-22-2005, 10:11 PM
Anne, that is so neat that you are meeting someone that you met on-line! I used to go to Diettalk alot. Some of us started an exercise group that reported to each other. Anyway, a few years ago four of us met in Indianapolis. The next year six of us met in Chicago. The next year 4 of us met in Chicago. That was 2004 and we haven't been together since.

Where in Georgia is your friend from? We are talking about heading there over Christmas break, going to Jekyll Island area. You look like someone I know!!!! I can't believe the resemblance! Are you sure you aren't from Ohio?????? Love your backyard by the way!

MemeToo
09-23-2005, 04:11 AM
Cool ... beautiful smile. Your hubby kind-of reminds me of the new guy on Law And Order. Nice view! Looks like some views we have here in TN! That's going to be really pretty in a few more weeks.

Wonderful news Tammy. I'm so relieved!

Mima ... shoot the cat when you find it! ;)

Got the results back from the 'partial' MRI ... said I was normal. They just don't know me very well! :p My ear, jaw and part the way down my neck is still crawly numb so I called the Neurologist who I've been going to for my migraines and made an appointment for Mon. afternoon. I'm going to ask his opinion as to what could be causing it. If it's not a stroke ... what the heck it is? :?: I don't think it's a disk problem ... no back pain and no pain or stiffness in the back of my neck. But I have plenty of musle pain in my shoulder and pain and stiffness in the side of my neck ... I'm betting on a pinched nerve somewhere.

Pastor's wife's father died yesterday. Had him at the church tonight and the funeral is tomorrow. Went to Wal Mart and bought $200 worth of food and stuff and then I was at church from 5 to 9 tonight serving and will be there again tomorrow from 11 until after the funeral, which is at 1. They don't want us to serve food afterward ... thank goodness. We'll be set up for them to eat snacks before, though. Then I'll have to clean up after they go to the cemetery. Then I have to pick up 2 of grandkids from school at 3:15 and keep them until Sat. evening. Always something. Supposed to be a picnic and small carnival at church Sat. I usually do a lot for stuff like that but I told hubby ... not this time. I didn't volunteer for anything. Had one woman call and ask where I usually buy the hamburgers and hotdogs, etc. Hinting ... So ... I just told her where I buy everthing. :lol: Let someone else do it this time. Hey ... I'm getting to like this 'no' thing. Might turn out to like it a little too much ... you think?

Mima
09-23-2005, 08:21 AM
Keep it up. Boy , we could use your cooking skills up here. Wedding is Oct.22 but the minister didn't show up yesterday-they waited an hour. So we aren't going fprward until we are sure of the date. I am going to decorate-maybe I can add some class. I'll get Suzanne to help me. Back to work , Tammy. You need that. Anne-what a beautiful couple you are!!! Aren't we having a reunion in FL/ Tennesee is gorgeous in the Spring so I am sure it is in the Fall. I finished the jumper for Debbie. And I did the books because I thought Brad was making too much money-he wasn't.Bye for now. Mima

Joanne D
09-23-2005, 12:31 PM
Happy What a nice view . I think you and your hubby look great. I remember another picture you posted. Am I right ,you were a blond?
Tammy- Glad everything worked out. Too bad you had to go through so much befor they made up their minds.
Mima- Have fun at the wedding. Hope all the storms are gone when you get down our way.. We got a little rain yesterday.
Meme- NO is a very good word to use. I said it often in the past. When I was working ,I didn't know what a day off was like without someone trying to call me in to work.Before I would pick up the phone I would be saying NO.
Have a Great Weekend everybody...Joanne

Mima
09-24-2005, 08:38 AM
Good morning!! Too funny. We are supposed to meet with the other 2 sets of parents-one of them being Brad's ex-wife. !!!!!!!!!But that's fine. Somehow, everyone is putting on this wedding-not just the bride's parents. I don't mind but we are getting the cake, paper goods, decorations. And I will cook. But that should be it. It's cool here. Mima

Tammy
09-24-2005, 10:16 AM
Meme, whenever I have a test that says that I'm normal, I always want them to put that in writing so I can prove it to friends and family!! lol Saying NO can be a good thing. I've been trying to learn that word for a few years, and I'm getting better at it.

Mima, I think we should all come to help out with the wedding. Anyone else agree????

I went to the football game last night to announce for the band. While there I had so many parents come up to me and tell me how glad they are that I'm back at school. I didn't realize it, but quite a few of them had been calling school board members, the principal, and the superintendent in support of me. It made me feel better about the situation, but being out of school for 7 days really did a number on my class. I told them first thing yesterday that we were starting the year over. We reviewed rules for the classroom, the behavior that I expect from them, that I actually expect them to complete their assignments and turn them in, etc. Pretty tough, aren't I?

Band goes to another contest today. Hope the rain holds off.

MemeToo
09-25-2005, 02:16 AM
Sounds like you are doing a lot for that wedding. So ... is his mother cooking the chickens for the reception or for the rehersal dinner ... I thought the bride's parents were supposed to do the cake! I'm thinking maybe chicken is a little much for a reception ... although, I remember one of my cousins getting married and having chicken at her reception. The reason I remember it ... she had a whole lot of different foods ... but no silverware! :lol: Not even forks for the wedding cake. We ate everything with our fingers. It was a really fancy wedding with a director and everything ... they had it catered and had it in a big hall in NC with a fancy colored fountain and all kinds of food. We laughed our heads off about that and still do today. (Finger-lickin'-good!) :p

Tammy ... I'm glad you are back at school. Is everybody about to get caught up? Bet you have lots of work to bring home.

As for me ... I fell again tonight. We had Garrett and Kaylyn last night and today. Took them home tonight and was going down my son's front steps and my ankle went out on the last step. I tried to catch myself with my left foot but didn't quite make it in time and landed in the yard on my right arm. Twisted it up pretty bad. It's killing me. Have to keep it drawn in right next to my body or pains shoot from my shoulder all the way down to my wirst. He has brick steps to his front porch and no hand rails. If I hadn't tried to catch myself I would have landed on the sidewalk and skinned up my knee and arm on the concrete but that one extra step saved me. I'm lucky I landed in the grass. We had been to hear a former pastor from MI speak at a church near hear and I had heals on. My ankle has been hurting really bad for a couple of days and hubby's mad because he says I should have waited for him to help me down the steps. I got mad right back and said I can't spend the rest of my life waiting around on somebody to help me make every step I take. I was being careful and I could have fallen if I had been at home on level ground. Sometimes my ankle just goes ... no reason! So do my knees. That's life ... you gotta roll with the punches. So I rolled ... on my arm! :p

OH ... OH ... OH! Just one more thing ... gotta tell you all about the picnic. My best friend called me this afternoon to tell me ... there was NO FOOD there. The picnic was at 11 this morning and they didn't get to eat until 1 p.m. because NO BODY brought food. They waited until 12 and no one showed up with food so they had to go to the store and BUY food and bring it back and fix it. I'm sorry but I just think that is so funny. Everybody is so used to me doing it and I wasn't there this time. I know I shouldn't laugh at their calamity but ... I just can't help myself. Forgive me Lord ... just this once. I won't do it next time. Next time I'll probably be there! :lol: Maybe this will help us to be more organized from now on and everybody chip in and help so one person doesn't have to do it all (that one person being moi!)

Mima
09-25-2005, 08:18 AM
Pretty good about the food!! Ouch for your fall. I have an ankle that twists every once in a while but it doesn't make me fall.
The meeting of the parents went well and their are new plans. The formal wedding is on Sat and lunch after. Then Sunday afternoon will be a big party at the Knights of Columbus and the mother is taking care of the food-I offered 2 lasagnas to help out. There is a bar there, Now there are going to be over 100 people. What do you get to put envelopes in? And where, Glad they stepped up to the plate. We are giving them a honeymoon in FL. We will go up the 3rd day to go to Epcot and take them back to our house, Tammy-that's great about the parents!!! You are loved. Bye for now. Mima daughter met someone last night-dying to hear about it.

Happy Canuk
09-26-2005, 02:53 PM
Hey Meme, that is why you HAVE to let somebody else take charge. They depend too much on YOU. Now that you HAVE said NO, let them look after it until they can get it right. Boy, they must not be the sharpest pencils in the box, that is for sure!!

I hope that your feeling better. This falling has got to stop.

Tammy - so glad everything worked out for you. The parents of your students sound like great parents. It's nice to know you have the support.

Mima - Well, I guess the wedding will get finished, but with so many people doing it, it is likely to end up in some kind of dilemma. There is NOTHING to planning a wedding. I did my daughters, had a couple hundred people for the reception, which was a sit down dinner, with roast beef, turkey, and all the trimmings. Then the dance after. Everything went off without a hitch. My biggest problem, was finding a place that was big enough, but once that was done, it was pretty easy.

Joanne - I hope you are doing ok. Yep, used to be a bottled blond :lol: Actually, my normal color is dark brown, with a lot of reddish highlights. When it started turning gray, it seemed to take on a yellowish look to the gray, so I had it fixed, but I always felt "colorless" for lack of another word. I have much more color now that it is natural again.

Here is a nice little thing I snagged from another group.

The Parable of the Spoons

A holy man was having a conversation with the Lord one day and said,"Lord, I would like to know what Heaven and **** are like."

The Lord led the holy man to two doors. He opened one of the doors and the holy man looked in.

In the middle of the room was a large round table. In the middle of the table was a large pot of stew which smelled delicious and made the holy man's mouth water.

The people sitting around the table were thin and sickly. They appeared to be famished. They were holding spoons with very long handles and each found it possible to reach into the pot of stew and take a spoonful, but because the handle was longer than their arms, they could not get the spoons back into their mouths.

The holy man shuddered at the sight of their misery and suffering. The Lord said, "You have seen ****."

They went to the next room and opened the door. It was exactly the same as the first one.

There was the large round table with the large pot of stew which made the holy man's mouth water.

The people were equipped with the same long-handled spoons, but here the people were well nourished and plump, laughing and talking. The holy man said, "I don't understand."

"It is simple" said the Lord, "it requires but one skill. You see, they have learned to feed each other."

Isn't this powerful ?!

MemeToo
09-27-2005, 04:24 AM
I love that Anne.

I went to the Neurologist today. Love that man. He had a fit about my shoulders and neck. When I told him about my ear, face and neck being numb and the MRI being normal, he got up and came over and put his hand on my shoulders and said, "Oh my GOSH! No wonder your face is numb. Your shoulders are like rocks! We have to do something about this." He said he didn't know how I was standing the pain. He put about 7 or 8 shots (I lost count) in the muscles. He called them 'trigger point shots'. He'd find a really sore spot where the muscle was knotted up and shoot it up with numbing medicine with a little steroid mixed in. He said the numbness in my face was caused by the Fibromyalgia. I asked him if that could happen again and he said yes ... and again and again if something wasn't done about my shoulders and neck muscles. He wrote me a prescription for muscle relaxers and pain patches and said if this didn't help he wanted to x ray my shoulders and see if he could figure out what was going on with them. I went to him at 5 and I told him I had just been to PT at 12 and had heat, ultrasound and a deep tissue massage done on my shoulders. He snorted and said, "Didn't help, did it?" He's the Dr. who stopped my migraines with that one tiny pill. The best Dr. I've ever been to. He's also the one I had the fight with over the antidepressants. But I'll forgive him for that (since I won!) ;)

We're leaving for Pigeon Forge tomorrow at 12 ... going to the Dixie Stampede tomorrow night to hear a bunch of Gospel groups sing. Some friends and us have a cabin rented up there ... Dr. told me to let someone else drive. I was going to, anyway. We're taking our van so the men will do the driving. He asked me who drove me to my appointment today and I said I drove myself. He seemed shocked. I said, I drive myself everywhere I go. (Like DUH!) He wanted to put some shots in my neck but said he couldn't if I was driving myself ... he said it like I shouldn't be driving myself. I couldn't help thinking ... my shoulder pain is NOT the only pain I have in my body ... if he only knew! :p

Mima
09-27-2005, 07:35 AM
That sounds like a good doc. I tried to do some exercises and my back is hurting so I have another appt with the chiro. He does ultrasound and zapping with a machine. It works. I will have to stick to walking. I called the lady about the cake and it was$ 350-550. Too much. So I thought-in my sleep-that I could get some sheet cakes and a small cake for the bride and groom. And I am making a box to hold envelopes. I can also make some things ahead of time and put them in the freezer. Bye for now Mima Have fun Meme

Tammy
09-27-2005, 09:40 PM
We had meetings all day yesterday at school, but I was with my class on Friday and today. It is absolutely amazing how their handwriting has improved with me in the room! You wouldn't believe what they had been turning in to the sub. Apparently they didn't think I was going to see it. lol It's also amazing how their behavior has improved so much according to the cafeteria and their art and PE teachers.

Meme, the wedding with no silverware! What a thing to remember! Hope you aren't too bumped and bruised from the fall!!! What a hoot about the picnic!!!!! Too funny! I've never been to Pigeon Forge. Need to go sometime. I think I'd like to go to your doctor right now. My shoulders and neck hurt so bad.

Mima, I'll take some lasagna!!! How about a nice basket to put the envelopes in? At a graduation party I went to last year, they had a nice decorated box with a slit in the top for people to slip cards in. That way, no one was taking things out that didn't belong to them. It was an open house, and there were so many people around. Thought that was a good idea. Might have to remember that in the spring when my son graduates.

Mima, I know this sounds silly, but have you checked Wal-Mart about a cake? They did my son's cake for his Eagle Scout ceremony last year. It was delicious, and the price was right. We plan to use them for graduation cake.

Anne, I loved the parable of the spoons! Knowing that the parents were so supportive of me made me cry a few times over the weekend. Not a bad cry.

Mima
09-28-2005, 08:07 AM
We don't have a super Walmart here but we do have a Sam's club. I did make a box with a slit and thought the same thing about someone taking something. It came out pretty-$2 worth of supplies. Stop and Shop has a big sheet cake and they are good. One more try for the cat and then back to babysit while Brett and Angela meet with the Pastor. My girlfriend keeps sending me e-mails-You know if it's a Redneck wedding if...........last one said if you are registerd at Walmart. She is too funny. Oh, if something borrowed is teeth. Bye for now-Mima Tammy-glad you are back in school.

Tammy
09-28-2005, 09:30 PM
Mima, good job on the box! LOL about being registered at WalMart. I do so much shopping there. With Bob working there, we get a 10% discount. I know he doesn't plan to stay there forever, and I'm really going to miss that discount card!!

Kids are really doing ok in the classroom. I only have one little guy that I know has caused trouble every year for his teachers and classmates. At 4th grade, the kids are tired of him and they are ignoring the silly things he does to get attention.

Mima
09-29-2005, 07:28 AM
That's good, Tammy. This is funny-we caught a cat but it was the wrong one-the daughter of the cat we were trying to catch. So I took that one to the Animal resue League. That's it!! No more rescue work. Going over to church this morning to remark items and meet with the nice lady who will take the stuff to the Fall Fair where we will have a table/ Maybe we can make another $200 like before but I will be in FL. I am just setting it up. Mima

Joanne D
09-29-2005, 11:48 AM
This computer is so slow that I usually don't have the time to post after reading . I sit here with a book waiting for something to happen. I guess when my brother comes to Fl. next month he will find my problem. I hope!
Mima- You seem as busy as Meme. Good luck with the wedding. I did two of them right down to cooking everything except the cakes. When my son got married last spring he used a restaurant and bought his cake. :lol: I just enjoyed the wedding.
Tammy- There is always one kid to keep things interesting. My daughter and I are going to one of those Ga. islands next April. My G/daughter may go too. Husbands stay home and take care of each other.
Hello everyone.
Not much to ramble about.. Joanne

Tammy
09-29-2005, 09:26 PM
Mima, glad you caught a cat even if it was the wrong one! lol

Hey Joanne! Go to GA over Christmas break and I'll meet you there!!!

Glad tomorrow is Friday. I haven't been sleeping the best, and I'm a bit worn out.

Mima
09-30-2005, 08:36 AM
Maybe next year, when you need to make a decision, all of this will weigh in. I had a run-in with parents in the fall that left me crying. I said that it's not worth it by Dec. Just a thought. Getting wedding clothes for us today. If I can't find a dress, I will wear the one I bought for Mike's wedding 16 years ago=it's very pretty. And doing a big shopping. Going to work on Sun. Boy, that vacation sounds nice, Joanne. Mima

MemeToo
10-01-2005, 03:27 AM
Well ... I'm back. I've done a ton of shopping the last few days. Bought 4 suits and 3 of them will interchange ... tops and bottoms ... 3 skirt suits and one pant suit. Taupe jacket with a black and taupe swirly skirt, black suit trimmed in red with a red silk sleeveless top and a pant suit with black pants and a gray sleeveless top and a gray jacket. I can wear both the taupe and gray jackets and tops with the black suit skirt and black pants so that actually made five outfits instead of 3 and then I got a purple suit and a camel sweater all from Penney's. I got 3 tops and a pair of shoes from Fashion Bug and at Pigeon Forge I got two pairs of pants, gray and white pinstripe and brown and a really pretty black and white paisley skirt (I have several long sleeved black sweaters). And I got a gray sweater made like a suit jacket to go with the gray slacks ... it has flecks of black in it so it will also look good with a black skirt or black pants. I'm all set for fall!

The show at the Dixie Stampede was so good. Karen Peck and New River performed along with several other groups. I got 2 new songs (performance tracks to sing) while we were there. We went to Dollywood Wednesday. Got to tell you something funny. Dr. Ngo ... the rheumatologist ... gave me some killer muscle relaxers. I hadn't taken one until Tues. night so I didn't know what they'd do. I was so tired and stiff from riding and it was so cold in the Dixie Stampede I was hurting ... bad! So I took one before I went to bed at the cabin. We didn't get in bed until nearly 12 o'clock Tues night. Anyway, hubby and I slept in the loft and there was a big whirlpool in the corner of our room ... the others were teasing us about staying up and using it. They were used to me being up all night because I can't sleep, etc. Well, that pill knocked me out cold! But they didn't know that. Evidently the hot tub out on the deck was running or something and kept everybody else awake all night and they all (all except my husband) thought I was up there running water. They asked me the next morning what in the world I was doing all night. They said they didn't sleep hardly any. Just when they would get to sleep, there I'd go making noise. I laughed so hard ... I said I didn't know I was in the world all night long. Here they were down there about to beat me up and I was sleeping like a baby! :lol:

Mima ... did you find a dress? I bet you can find someone to make a cake cheaper than that if you'll look around. When my daughter got married I shopped around a lot to get the best prices.

Well ... I've got Jenna and Ross to sleep finally. Got to get some sleep myself before they wake up! :p

Mima
10-01-2005, 06:49 AM
Wow-you had a better shopping trip than I had. I went to Penney's, Sears, and Filenes's-Nothing. Brad got a purple shirt with a purple and black tie to wear with a black jacket and pants-he's going to be cute. I have a beautiful dress that is too dressy-I'll have to lose 2 more lbs and get in the other one. It's probably perfect. Couldn't find shoes or a robe either. I like shopping in FL-so many places to get a dress. I am having big problems with my back. Got to get rid of that. Easy day today. Guess I need to go to TN and shop with Meme. At least I got the paper goods!! Mima

Tammy
10-01-2005, 10:32 AM
Mima, isn't it frustrating to know that you want to buy something new and then can't find anything? Yes, I think a trip to shop with Meme would be a good idea! She did great!!

Meme, you are so lucky to have found so many nice things that will interchange with each other. Way to go!!! Glad that you were able to get some sleep even if the others didn't!!! Thinking of your trip makes me want to go away some weekend. Not sure when that will happen. I know we're planning the trip over Christmas break, but I want to go today!!! lol

I'm sitting here in jeans and a sweatshirt. It is actually cold this morning. I sure could have used a pair of mittens at the football game last night. Brrrr!!!

Hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend!!

MemeToo
10-02-2005, 03:31 AM
My grandchildren were soooo good this weekend. They cleaned my whole house today, upstairs and down. Last weekend, Kaylyn scattered toys all over my basement and left them there ... I'm talking a big toy box, a basket and two other boxes of toys!!! Hubby told her she had to pick them up before she went home. Well, we went to hear a former pastor speak at a revival at 7 and when we got ready to go the basement was still destroyed. No time to pick up the stuff so it was left. He was really mad because she didn't do what he told her to ... my face was still numb on the left side and I was in no condition to clean. Then, when we took them home I fell and sprained my right arm and shoulder so it was still destroyed this weekend. Well, I want you to know, Ross and Jenna went down there today and cleaned the whole thing, picked it all up, dusted, vacuumed and then came upstairs and made all the beds, dusted up here and got a vacuum cleaner each and vacuumed the whole house. I was so proud of them. (When their mom came and they told her what they did she looked at me and said who are these children and what did you do with MY kids?) :lol: I gave them $10 each before they left! I now have a blood clot in the bend of my left arm so I'm still not doing too much and I was glad to have the help!!! Hubby wanted me to go to the hospital but my son-in-law is a RN and he said they wouldn't do anything about it but send me home to wait for it to break up. He called it a superficial blood clot. He says it's the ones in the deep veins you have to worry about. This one is in a vein right under the skin and hurts like the dickens. I'm wondering ... "what next." But they say things happen in threes so ... Face goes numb, I fall down, I get a blood clot ... maybe I'm through for a while! Oh yeah ... I forgot one ... I got the bill for my MRI ... $1400!!! :p

I left out the best part of my shopping - I got all those outfits at Penny's for just over $200, the stuff at Fashion Bug was buy one and get one 50% off and I got 65% off all that stuff at Pigeon Forge except the gray sweater and I got 70% off of it. Ya'll come on over to TN and I'll teach you how to shop 'till you drop! ;)

Gotta get in bed, have to get up early to sing on the radio.

Mima
10-02-2005, 06:52 AM
Yikes! That's my kind of shopping. I tried on my dress that I bought in FL and it looks good except for the flab in my arms. So I am just getting a sweater or jacket to match. So I have a dress after all and it's not too dressy but pretty. And I can wear my shoes from my wedding. Suzanne had a second date with a guy from Boston who is really nice. Traveling to work today for only 3 days. Back only hurts in the am. Mima

Tammy
10-02-2005, 12:09 PM
Meme, that's wonderful about them taking charge and cleaning things for you!! Send them to my house next please. I agree about things coming in threes. You are done for a while!! Keep that in mind! Your shopping is awesome. Wouldn't it be great if we could all go shopping together some day. Oh my! We would probably get thrown out of places because we'd be having too much fun.

Mima, good idea to wear a sweater or jacket. That will cover the arms that you don't want to show. I need a tent over my whole body because I don't want anything to show!!!! Tell Suzanne good luck with the new guy!! Keep us posted on the relationship.

I think I might go into school later and work on my room. I still don't have things the way I really want them, but by the time the end of the day comes, all I want to do is leave and come home. I used to stay about an hour after school, but we were getting out at 3:00. Now we don't get out until 3:45.

Mima
10-04-2005, 08:29 AM
Just a quick hello. I got the most gorgeous sweater and it was marked down-move over Meme~~~Mima

Tammy
10-04-2005, 09:32 PM
You two ladies are awesome shoppers!! Well, I went to Wal Mart tonight and I saved about $20.00 with coupons and the 10% discount. So there!! lol

Tim had his Senior pictures taken tonight. My cousin is a photographer, so we went to him. From looking at screen on the camera afterwards, there will be some very nice ones. It will be hard to choose a favorite.

Mima
10-06-2005, 07:24 AM
I drank too much caffeine yesterday-up at 4. On the net finding the cutest favor-a spoon with 2 hershey kisses covered with net teid with a ribbon and a tag saying-Thank you for coming, with a spoonful of kisses, and lots of good wishes fro Mr. and Mrs.-printed the tags. Have the net and the ribbon-just beed the spoons and candy. I saw gold spoons somewhere. Getting my hair frosted today. Good shopping, Tammy. Oh yeah-just got an e-mail from a friend at church. She has 12 centerpieces that we can use. She is the nicest lady!!!! Going to the couch. Mima

Tammy
10-06-2005, 06:58 PM
Mima, the favors sound cool!! You are lucking out on the centerpieces. That's great!

Homecoming parade is tonight. If you blink, you miss it, but I'll go to watch the band. I have papers to grade. Maybe I could park somewhere close to the parade route, grade papers, and then get out when the parade gets close.

Mima
10-07-2005, 06:59 AM
Sounds like a plan! Bride doesn't want the centerpieces-she came up with and idea on her own and she is making them. She is the bride!! They are cute. We are going to have rain for days and my back hurts. I need an xray. But I did sleep. My stomache was so bad yesterday-seems alright today. Bye for now Mima

Tammy
10-08-2005, 06:56 PM
I ended up grading papers while I waited for the parade the other night, and I also took the dog with me. That part was a mistake. He cried everytime someone walked past the van. He was much better after we got out to watch the parade.

Mima, what are the centerpieces going to be like?
We had rain yesterday, and it has turned cold. I was on recess duty on Thursday, and it was in the 90's. Yesterday and today, it's in the 50's. Little bit of a difference.

School work awaits me. Need to get it finished so I don't have to do it tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

Joanne D
10-08-2005, 08:49 PM
This computer is so slow that I seldom post anymore. I do read and see how you all are doing. My brother will be here in November and I will get him to check it out and clue me into what I need to do. My son will be 47 tomorrow. I still find it hard to believe how old I guess I am getting as I see my kids have B/ds. I think this will be the last B/D cake I will give him. It is his wife who should be doing that.It was such a habit that I asked them before I even thought about it..She will probably have one for him anyhow. We will take them to lunch after church and then come home for the cake.
We have been getting 5 minute rain showers. Not enough.
Got to get off ..Grand ole Opry is on .. Have a good weekend...Joanne

Mima
10-09-2005, 06:14 AM
We have FL rain-and it's coming in our new cellar-Brad will fix it when the rain stops, Good to hear from you Joanne. I was worried about the cellar so I woke up early. My brother and his wife are using our house for 2 days. He keeps calling me!! Oh weel, everything is fine down there. Have a good Sunday. Mima-lunch after church!! Had to get a pie.

Mima
10-09-2005, 06:17 AM
The centerpieces are a glass round vase, with a glass candle inside and those shiny colored stones in the bottom. I got 2 big sheet cakes and the bride's cake for 160 delivered!!! Mima

Tammy
10-09-2005, 08:23 PM
Joanne, I hope your brother can get your computer figured out for you! Happy birthday to your son!!

Mima, boo hiss on the water in the cellar. Not fun. The centerpieces sound pretty! That's what a friend's daughter did for her wedding in July. You did great on the cakes! Way to go!

It is cold and rainy today. Icky. I turned on the heat last night. Couldn't stand it anymore. Right now my hands are cold. Maybe I should go put some gloves on?

Joanne D
10-09-2005, 08:36 PM
We went to church today . Our son and his wife met us there. We went out to lunch after at Chilli's ,I won't go there anytime soon again. After we came home and had B/D cake for our son and watched a couple movies. Nice afternoon .
Tammy- It is Cumberland island my daughter and I are going to in the spring. We are going to the panhandle in a couple weeks. That will be nice.
Mimi. Have a nice time at the weddin.
Hello Meme..Joanne

MemeToo
10-10-2005, 04:24 AM
Hi gals ... what a week I've had. The stupid therapist hurt my neck of all things. As if I wasn't already in enough pain to begin with. She was supposed to be making my shoulders better and then she started working on my neck so now I can't move my head without pain. I'm supposed to go back 3 more times this week but I'm going to just cancel those appointments and forget it. I'm so sick of doctors and therapists and hospitals screwing with me. The schools are closed for fall break here for two weeks, I've let my music students off for that time and my kids and grandkids are all out of town a lot of that time, too. I told hubby tonight that I'm going on strike. I'm taking those 2 weeks and just laying back and taking it easy for a change. No running to town for appointments that don't do any good. No schedules ... no kids ... like that old Roger Miller song ... no phones, no pools, no pets! ;)

And that's almost true. (THANK GOODNESS!!!) I got rid of one of my pets ... Nika. That little dog was ******ed. I swear she was! She would be really good for several days and then all of a sudden she would be a holy terror. She would be into everything. And hyper ... never slowed down. I had to keep her in my bathroom most of the time because she was so full of energy she would run herself to death. We couldn't get her to come to us at all ... had to run her down and catch her most of the time. When we sat down she was right in our faces, wouldn't let us rest for a minute. We couldn't read or watch TV or anything for her. We had to just catch her and put her back in the bathroom. She about drove me nuts. And when I went off and left her alone she would get mad at me and tear her newspapers to shreds so I'd have this huge mess to clean up every time I came home. I finally couldn't stand it any more so I just sold her. I told the woman who bought her how hyper she was and everything but she bought her anyway. More power to her. I still think she is ******ed! :p (I'll just keep my Sami ... nice calm, obedient Golden!)

MEME AND BEAUTIFUL SAMIhttp://www.design-max.net/images/memesami2sm.jpg

Mima
10-10-2005, 06:31 AM
Was Niki the new dog??? Story about the wedding cake-You all know the efforts I put into the cake. I checked in with the bride at every point. I got the contract in the mail and was going to mail it back with the check WHEN: I got a call from the bride who asked if I had pd for the cake-her mother wanted a pedastal cake that she saw the night before-Bride's mother called and said bride wanted the pedastal cake. Said they could get it for $150. I had vented to Brad and my daughter for 2 hours. I said go for it-they don't even know if they can get it on time-I would give them the $160 but I was not picking it up. I also asked if there was anything else she wanted to change before I bought anything. Brad and Suzanne say I am too involved. I wanted to help out and I got the impression that not much was getting done. It's the way things keep changing that drives me nuts-am I a control freak. I check with the bride at every turn but...beware of the bride's mother. It's their wedding but tell me AHEAD of time what you want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!In the beginning, 8 people would be at the wedding. Now?? They invited kids , I thought it was up to 125. Now it's back down-who knows. In the meantime, I had IBS after a nice dinner at church Pork??? I had IBS last Thursday and I had pork on Sunday. Suzanne's date was great-he made her dinner. And he is such a gentleman. Bye for now Mima-thanks for listening!!

Joanne D
10-10-2005, 12:48 PM
Meme- I don't blame you. Sometimes more harm than good is done in Dr's offices. Lay back and enjoy the next two weeks. We don't have those kinds of days off in the schools here till Christmas and Easter..Sometimes new dogs don't settle down till they are spayed or neutured. My son had a dog that that didn't even do the trick. He had to give him away. The next one was a terror till he was fixed. Tore the blinds off the windows one day and made confetti out of them. He had him 13 years and just had to put him down a couple weeks ago. What a wonderful friend that dog was!
Mima- I would have thrown up my hands long ago and said no more. Let them do it all and you just go and enjoy the day. I would save the 160 dollars for something for myself or just give it as the wedding gift .At least you have been shown the drift of the future. Hope the new guy works out for the daughter.
Hello Tammy- Hope you are having a good week..Joanne

Tammy
10-10-2005, 06:17 PM
Joanne, I've never been to Chilis. Maybe I don't want to go now. Enjoy your trip to the panhandle. It's always nice to get away.

Meme, I remember that song! Now I'm sitting here humming it. lol Sami is beautiful! Nika sounds like a terror!!

Mima, how frustrating with all of the wedding changes. Suzanne's date sounds nice. When can he come to Ohio to fix my dinner?

The kids worked so great today at school, I wondered if I had the wrong class!! Wish all days were like that!

MemeToo
10-11-2005, 03:53 AM
This mouse is driving me nuts. I'll be using it and all of a sudden the cursor just stops. I told hubby that last week and he took it apart and cleaned it ... it worked fine for nearly a week and now it's doing it again. He cleaned it again tonight and cleaned the mouse pad and said it's working fine and went to bed but it's NOT working fine. I'm going to just throw it in the garbage and buy a new one. He's not on the computer but an average of 5 minutes a week and I'm on here about 15 hours a week most of the time (not lately ... because of my neck and shoulders ... that's when I'm working). I can't stand it any more.

I quit my therapist today. I had 3 more appointments set up for this week and I called and told her about my neck and told her I wasn't coming back. She said she was sorry and wished me luck. She's not a bad person ... just a bad therapist! :p She needs to find something to do that she doesn't suck at! ;) Then I called Nashville and cancelled my appointment with my Rheumatologist next Monday. We are having revival at our church next week and I'd rather go to that as to drive all the way to Nashville for no reason. All he ever does is refill my prescriptions and I have enough medicine to last for several months so I rescheduled for the Tuesday before Christmas. Also, I have a vein in my arm that is hard and I have had a hard spot in the vein in the bend of my arm that my son-in-law (who is a RN) said was a blood clot - both for nearly 2 weeks now. The one in the bend of my arm has finally gone away but the vein in my arm is still popped out and hard. Hubby is bugging me to go to the doctor. I've looked it up on the net and there isn't anything they will do about it except give you antibiotics or Naproxen type meds. I can take asprin and Aleve and do the same thing the doctor would have me do and most likely it will do just like the clot did and get better without running to the doctor ... I'm so sick of paying them for nothing. They send you to the hospital for ultrasounds and you spend a whole day, or two. Once you go to them and then go to the hospital and pay out all that money ... and then they still just put you on an over-counter medicine. I tell you what ... it just burns me up sometimes. I've had Phlebitis in my leg before and was in the hospital from a car wreck when I had it ... they didn't do anything for it and it was a whole lot worse than this. So, the moral of the story is, I'm not going yet! :p I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired and even more sick and tired of doctors who don't care that I'm sick and tired. (did that make any sense?)

Mima ... that wedding is taking on a life of it's own. They do that sometimes. It will be over soon so just do like my hubby when he drives me insane and smile and say "yes dear" and you'll come out smelling like a rose! :lol: (I've been doing that with my DIL for years now! The only way to keep the peace ... MINE!) ;)

Mima
10-11-2005, 06:46 AM
I think my DIL was just being nice so I wouldn't spend a lot of money. Well, they can't get the cake from the other person so I have to call my cake lady and change the order. And Bride's Mom said she would pay the difference. I am also going to try to change my napkin order. Now there is under 100 people. I am glad we can use the same cake lady. I need to stay in the day. Daughter was upset with me because I keep projecting that relationship. I am going for massage today. Doc's tomorrow and cat rescue Thurs if it's not pouring. My future DIL is sweet. Bye for now Mina-Meme-rest up!!!

Tammy
10-11-2005, 08:48 AM
Meme, I can relate to the mouse problems!! It drives me crazy sometimes. I think you did the right thing with the therapist. If you aren't getting relief, why keep paying and be miserable?

Mima, you could have over 100 if all of us would show up with our families. lol Glad you like the future DIL. I think there's a chance that Jessica may end up as my DIL sometime down the road. They've been together for 2 years now, but who knows. They are still kids.

Off to another wonderful day of learning (or something like that).

Happy Canuk
10-12-2005, 01:00 AM
Meme - we all get sick of Drs and pills! Good to take a break and recharge. Sorry about the puppy, but some dogs are just plain dumb. Toss the mouse, Meme. That is just plain frustrating.

Mima - hope the cake thing turns out well. Just too many making arrangements and then it can get messy. Glad you like the new DIL.

Tammy & Joanne - hope everything is going well for you.

Well, my fibropal from Georgia was here for 9 days. We had a great time, and she is really a very nice lady. We did go to West Edmonton Mall (the largest mall in the world). She asked ME to go. I would NEVER willing go there :lol: Then is was off to the mountains for a trip. Will post some photos tomorrow. We also went and met another gal from our Yahoo group and that was fun as well.

Now, if we could all get together, that would be great.

Hope you all have a good day.

Mima
10-12-2005, 08:28 AM
You have to come south, Anne. Well the wedding is being invented, as we speak. The bride now has a veil, which she said she didn't want, the table will have rose petals-I already bought hearts. You see, 2 weeks ago, hardly anyting was going to get done so I stepped in. I should have waited . And like I said I always consulted the bride. Anyways, the cake turned out good-the lady was good with it and the bride's mother is going to pay the diffrence. I can't wait til the mother buys the favors after I made 120 and they are pretty. Even my daughter liked them. Doc's today. I hope he can do something for my stomache. Cat tomorrow if we don't have a flood. Tune in tomorrow for the latest changes. Mima

Mima
10-13-2005, 06:13 AM
Everything is cool and I had a wonderful doctor's appt-new meds and an exercise for my back. Cat day!!! Mima

Mima
10-14-2005, 05:51 AM
PTL_WE caught the cat!!! Mima

Joanne D
10-14-2005, 11:56 AM
Mima- I am sure glad you caught that cat..I need to catch a little dog.. My hubby says NO!I know he would like one though..
Hello Everybody..Busy busy busy.Back later. Joanne

Tammy
10-14-2005, 02:17 PM
Mima, wonderful news about getting the cat! It's about time, don't you think?

Joanne, my hubby is ready to get rid of our dog. He said he doesn't want to take him to a new house. We'll see.

Our plans have changed about the house already. The one we really liked, we still like, but we've decided not to bid on it. We started mentioning a few things that we wished were different in it. Well, we now have house plans that we've gone through from 2 different builders. We looked at them individually, and the three of us ended up liking the same house! What are the odds of that? It isn't the least expensive from this builder, but it isn't one of the highest either. In fact, it is much closer to the lease expensive end! We went through one of their model homes earlier today since we didn't have school. We've driven around and looked at available lots. I'll keep you posted on what we decide. Since we just remodeled the kitchen and bath at this house about 7 years ago, we know that we'd want the same cupboards, etc. for the new house.

Happy Canuk
10-14-2005, 02:59 PM
Good morning ladies.

Mima - looks like you have been talking to yourself the past couple of days :lol: I guess everybody is just busy. Glad you got the cat, but now what excitement will you have???? ;)

Joanne - a dog?????? Good company but sometimes a pain when you want to just go away. No more pets for me. I like to come and go without worrying about the babies. Hope you get your computer working soon. Miss you here.

Tammy - Wow! how exciting. I love looking at homes. My daughter is in the process of having her's built, but it won't be ready until April or May. The basement is now poured and soon it will be framed. They need to get it into lock-up before winter.

I am just waiting for my daughter, actually. She came to Red Deer this morning and we are heading out to lunch soon, then she will head back home. Nice break in the day.

Meme - where are you, and are you ok?

Hope you are all having a good day.

Joanne D
10-14-2005, 08:40 PM
Tammy- My son designs homes and banks for a living.. He has a degree in architectural design.Good luck finding the house you want.
Happy- I know. Having a pet can be a pain. It is hard to go away with one. That is one of the reasons we don't have one. I just think sometimes I want to give it a try. Just thinking though.
Have a Good Weekend Everybody...Joanne

Mima
10-15-2005, 06:19 AM
You can borrow Cassidy. he is 15 and a half but he doesn't know it. My Aunt is moving in a couple of weeks so that will be enough excitement for her. I am getting our stuff ready to take to FL for 6 months-that feels like moving. At least I don't have to bring winter coats. Not sure if we will come back for Christmas-depends on the dog. Hear that Joanne-depends on the dog, I want to fly-we have 2 free tickets but not sure we can leave him. I am goiung to make my lasagnas today and freeze them. Every day the plans change-they keep inviting more people-now I have to make more favors. Bye for now, Mima-it's been raining for 8 days.

Tammy
10-15-2005, 10:30 PM
Anne, I am very excited about the house idea. Ours will be built on a crawl space. I've had enough of having a basement. Hope you and your daughter had fun at lunch.

Joanne, maybe we should come and meet with your son to come up with a house design. I still can't believe that the 3 of us liked the same floorplan! Amazing. I don't think we'll be getting another pet after Kramer is gone. It is tough to go away.

Mima, today my hubby didn't stay for the awards at the band contest because of the dog. I think he's ready to get rid of him.

Big news here. Well, it's big for us anyway. The band went to a contest today. They received 1st place in Class C (the smallest bands), the percussion received 1st place in Class C (Tim wanted to bring the trophy home and sleep with it since he is the percussion section leader.), AND they received Best General Effect for Classes B & C!!
They received a 1 rating which means they qualified for the State Marching Band Contest. Woo hoo!!!!

Mima
10-16-2005, 08:14 AM
That's a great reward for all the hard work they do!! Congrats. It stopped raining. And I went back to sleep and my stomache is calming down. Exciting to build a new house. I want to go to my son's today because they put in hardwood floors-they means his friends that helped-and it will be the last time before FL. I feel bad not helping but he has great friends. And I have a bad back. Which is much better since Doc gave me exercises. Meme-meme-are you ok. Hope you had a nice lunch, Anne. Mima ps-Hi Joanne.

Tammy
10-18-2005, 10:03 PM
Would you believe we have changed our minds again about the house? The one that we were going to bid on has come down in price. It is 5 years old. All of the window treatments stay, appliances stay.

We sat down and figured out how much it was going to cost for the one we wanted to build by the time we did the yard, driveway, sidewalk, carpet, etc. The one that is already build will be $50,000 cheaper. We are meeting with the realtor again tomorrow, and I think we are putting an official bid on it.

I have to keep in mind that Tim will be leaving for college next year, and then he'll be on his own. We don't need a super big place for the two of us. We did go furniture shopping tonight. What we have is old (from 1983 and 1991). Thought we could get some new furniture for the living room and dining room.

The table in our dining room belonged to my parents. They bought it in 1967. I think we are due for some new stuff.

MemeToo
10-19-2005, 01:17 AM
WHEW ... You guys sure do talk a lot.

Starting a new thread so:

DON'T POST HERE!