100 lb. Club - The biggest loser

View Full Version : The biggest loser

barbygirl43
09-13-2005, 03:18 PM
Just a reminder that it is starting tonight 8 est. I believe and it is 90 minutes. :)

JustForUs
09-13-2005, 03:21 PM
oohhh is it on again?? what channel??

Jen415
09-13-2005, 03:59 PM
NBC....check your local listings!! :)

I will be planted in front of my TV with my treat!

howie6267
09-13-2005, 06:12 PM
We will be watching too. To much going on to see everything Saturday with all the people here. Plus we are hoping they might highlight some pictures from the house party. I think I'll have some low fat popcorn while we watch.

SwimGirl
09-13-2005, 10:27 PM
Why do they put so many new shows on the same night?!?! It's the new NCIS, House, Gilmore Girls AND The Biggest Loser, yes I am in TV heaven, perhaps THIS is why I am not losing weight ;) (I did my workout before they all start! )

-Aimee

Jen
09-13-2005, 10:34 PM
I taped the show because we wanted to watch House, probably won't get a chance to watch it until Thursday!

Sheila53
09-13-2005, 10:35 PM
I'm with you, Aimee--I watch Gilmore Girls and House also so I'm taping Loser. Hey, I lost 80 lbs. and still managed to watch more than my share of TV. :D

SwimGirl
09-13-2005, 10:42 PM
Sheila - I'm thinking I want a treadmill or bike for those long nights of tv.. heh. How are you feeling about this Lorelai and Luke thing? I'm 150% happy about it, I just hope the writers don't make them break up :(

-Aimee

AmberM
09-13-2005, 11:32 PM
Was NCIS new too? Darn it, I missed it! I did see Gilmore Girls and House though. Oh well, hopefully I can catch up next week.

Amber

SwimGirl
09-14-2005, 02:13 AM
NCIS was a repeat (even tho my thing said it was new), so you didn't miss it!

K, this "boys vs girls" thing? I don't like it. I don't like that people get kicked off either, I get that it has to be a competition... but it's still poopy! I still enjoyed it, but I always tune out for the kicking off part..

-Aimee

Jen415
09-14-2005, 08:28 AM
Ok, so who watched last night?

I was AMAZED at the weight loss amounts! The lowest amount lost was 11 lbs and the highest was 28 lbs!! I'm glad they decided to do it on percentages lost, rather than pounds (the men would have kicked their butts!)

Anyway--it was enjoyable and inspirational. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

By the way, my money is on Dr. Jeff!!

newfiedarling
09-14-2005, 08:32 AM
I watched - not sure yet who my fave is but I'm kinda liking the Doc. I was astounded at the amounts too - sure makes me want to kick up the exercise routine.

~Dee

ChocLabLover
09-14-2005, 08:45 AM
I did watch the show last night, even though I did have some general misgivings about the concept. I admire all of them for going on the show, as knowing how camera shy I am, I don't know if I could have a camera following me 24/7. Those were huge losses! Am I right in thinking that happened in a week? I like how they are going to address the personal issues that is causing the weight gain. Everyone has a story, right? ;) Way to go to Ruben, he is looking great!

howie6267
09-14-2005, 10:56 AM
I just could not believe the way they ate when in that room. I'm sure they had people pushing them to do that. Then Suzi licking the bowl like that. She is going to look back on that for life thinking why did I do that on national TV. That is the part of the show I don't like. However I love how they teach them to eat balanced meals and count calories. It shows so many people that it can be done by watching what you eat and exercise. No gimic just hard work.

barbygirl43
09-14-2005, 11:21 AM
First off I'm so pissed at my local station. Gotta love living in tornado alley but darn if they didn't take up the entire first commercial break (no problem with that) and then not 1 minute later they cut back into the programming to show us more helicopter shots of a cloud and about 4-5 different maps of the same storm and then of another storm that wasn't even in their market area.

I too was extremely unhappy with them splitting up the men vs. women. We all know that men do lose more quickly than women in the beginning and thought for sure all the women would be gone. Howie, I too was amazed at the food in there and all that they ate. I like that they do do the percentages although I missed a bit of them explaining that because Big Brother was also on and I was channel hopping between the two.

I also agree that it just sucks they kick off the people that's why I'm thinking it was more like 2 weeks to a month between weigh ins. I don't think all they did happened in one week. Did you see how well Ruben looked afterward? Ruben looked great in his after photos.

I think it would be nice to go ahead and kick off the person on the team but allow them to stay and train and exercise and just not be eligible for the money.

Jen415
09-14-2005, 12:00 PM
That would be nice, wouldn't it Dawnyal? Unfortunately, TV only does things for its own advantage, so forget about fair.

I'm pretty sure the timing is right, though...I think it WAS only one week between weigh-ins. But you have to remember--they are working out 5-6 hours a DAY EVERY DAY. The first week's losses were big, but as we all know, it was mostly water. Plus remember, they probably gained alot of water weight from eating all the carbs and sugar the night before the initial weigh in.

SwimGirl
09-14-2005, 01:48 PM
I thought I heard that it had been 10 days from the time between their initial weigh in and the first weigh in. When they were just about to weigh I thought I heard her say something along the lines "it's been 10 days, lets see how much you've lost". I could definitely be wrong, but can you imagine losing 28 pounds in a week?? Even in a month!!

-Aimee

boiaby
09-14-2005, 02:05 PM
OMG! I was mortified for them at the free for all last meal! Cringe! And I've never liked how they show these massive weight losses. I think it gives the wrong impression to viewers who may set unrealistic expectations for themselves as a result. But I was pretty darn impressed with Ruben sticking with it after being kicked off, you go boy!! Overall, I'm already just as hooked as I became last season, and I can't wait to see all of their amazing transformations.

Beverly

Jen415
09-14-2005, 02:25 PM
Okay, based on what I read at nbc.com on TBL message board, it was over a 10 period and not 7 days as I thought...sorry I gave out bad info!

wip
09-14-2005, 02:46 PM
I tuned in for the first time last nite. Didn't watch last season. I'm not sure what I thought. It made me uncomfortable, especially the "food" scene. I think it portrays overweight folks as slobs and out of control. I agree about the elimination stuff too, though Ruben seemed to do really well on his own. I hope the talk more about the healthy eating and exercise that they are learning about/living so others learn as well. It was really odd, but I didn't catch the time frame either. First I thought it must be a month b/c that loss is crazy for one week and certainly not sustainable. Was it just a week???? I'll tune in again to give it another chance and see if I find it motivational/educational.

famograham
09-14-2005, 02:56 PM
Yep, it was 10 days till the first weigh in.

Linda

shedilbry
09-14-2005, 03:33 PM
i missed it! does anyone know if they will re air it anytime?