Support Groups - Time For Serious Fun #113

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #113

gma22
09-13-2005, 09:16 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today

gma22
09-13-2005, 09:40 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday so let's target some of the "tricks" we can play on ourselves to help us lose weight. Try smaller plates, eating something fiberous before a meal like whole grain cereal or a fiber product like Citrucel, drink water before eating, make a whole place setting pleasant to sit down to, TURN OFF THE TV, etc. You would be amazed how little things can help!

Amanda: :dancer: So what you are saying is I shouldn't come to the UK and throw the word "fanny" around??? :o :D Personally, I think bum is a better word than butt! The swearing expression "bloody" is better than the you know what word too except I guess if you live in the UK then you know you are swearing! :lol: DO NOT CHANGE for us, I love to hear British expressions and if we ever get over there want to be up on the way to talk! :)

Well, I ran out of yarn again for the blanket so I can't finish it until I get another 2 skeins. I could have bought her a nice blanket for what this is costing! :lol: I just wanted her to have something really special and I enjoyed doing it. I am doing pretty well on the scarf too so I want to get it done this week and start on the adult ones. I decided to give each adult kid a scarf and leather gloves as part of their Christmas. Glad I don't have 6 kids with spouses! :lol:

Jack and I have already begun to plan next year's vacation. I know it is probably nuts to a lot of people, but we have to save the money to go each year and it costs a lot to do it besides being fun to plan, actually. We spent nearly $6000 on this year so I have to get to saving! We are going to be staying at a new hotel next year that will only have been open 6 months, which is cool. I am going to be deluged with e-mails from hotels, but I signed up with a bazillion to get any special deals they might have. Of course the ones I can use since we are going around the same time next year won't come available until around July so I have to just dump the other ones, but I saved us $200 with one this time. Enough about that.

Carri: YOU GO GIRL! I am so proud of you and know you are going to be at goal soon soon soon!

SusanVA: I am sure sorry to hear that hubby is up and down again. I know that puts such a great strain on you. What new and interesting quilt projects are you working on?

Marsha, Susan, Julie and the rest, hope you are all well and happy!

Faye ;)

Satine
09-13-2005, 11:13 AM
Morning Ladies - well my first day at the gym really kicked my butt :lol: my muscles are killing me today ... it felt really good to do though, I just have to get past feeling like everyone is staring at me :D

Amanda - I was doing the elyptical machine, I do not know if that is how it is spelled, but geesh that thing really works ya !! I am trying to get myself really pumped up for the gym since normally I do not like them, but you especially have inspired me to go and get moving so I can get this weight off of me !!!

Faye - My grandma always makes me scarfs and blankets from yarn, she does a great job and I love to get them ...

Susan/Va - Hope dh gets better soon, take care :)

Better get back to work, no gym today, I am going to start off slow at Mon, Weds, and Friday each week and maybe some Sat or Sun ...

Talk later!!

Amanda Panda
09-13-2005, 08:13 PM
Hi all,

I got 4 points yesterday. I had a really pleasant revelation about my weight loss last night - I was looking back at my inch loss record and adding up my total inch loss since January. Wow, I was really suprised by how much all these inches and half inches each month add up! In total I have lost 34 inches!! I've lost 7 inches from my hips, 6 inches from my waist , 4 1/2 from my bust and 5 1/2 from each thigh! The ones I am most pleased with are my bust and thighs - I was suprised that I'd lost that much and it's really encouraging to realise that I am losing consistently all over. I thoroughly recommend that you keep a monthly inch loss record - it's really opened my eyes to how much slimmer I am now!

I went to my church house group today which was nice - I felt very welcome, so things on the friends front are looking up!

FAYE - Yes bloody is used quite a lot here - it is still considered a swear word, but not a bad one! Just for the record though - British accents are nothing like Dick van Dyke in Mary Poppins, or Daphne's brother in Frasier - that is the worst ever! :lol:

CARRI - Yes, you will ache today - and it will probably be even worse tomorrow! But you'll soon recover and like I said your weight, fitness and body shape will change dramatically - so it's worth all the blood sweat and tears! I think the elliptical is what we call the 'cross trainer' - the one where you are working your arms and legs together like skiing? I love that one - although it is a killer! Don't for one second think that people are looking at you - you are not even that big now and people are much too busy getting on with their own workout. Of course there are always a few real poseurs - but in fact they are the ones who get stared at because they look silly!

Love Amanda x

gma22
09-14-2005, 07:21 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes a day to gripe about the bad and irritating stuff that goes on in our lives!

Amanda: :bravo:

I will post more later if I can. I am going to be without internet today until my dsl equipment gets here as my darn phone modem quit on me yesterday.

Faye :)

Mirabelly
09-14-2005, 07:45 AM
Hi everyone!
I'm here...really. I think we're finally done with the huge project I've been working on with that publisher in Los Angeles. I've been made the Articles Editor of the magazine that will be coming out of that project...so I'll be getting an actual salary! Which we soooo need. It's looking like I've "accidentally" started a career (accident, my bum!)

Anyway, the weight thing is holding steady...which is amazing because I'm home all day and the fridge is always staring me in the face. Gas is so expensive now that I really can't even get out. I looked into joining a gym, but the ones around here aren't that great...no pools, or even decent class schedules. I also wanted to take a yoga class in the mornings, but even that isn't looking like it will happen. It's okay, though, something will turn up.

Amanda--you are amazing to me! Truly an inspiration!

Carrie--enjoy the gym--those aches will disappear soon.

Faye--Glad you made it back safe and sound, $6000??? Holy Moly!

Susan/Va--Hope your hubby has a good day today, and you too!

Everyone else, be :strong: and happy--

Julie

QuilterInVA
09-14-2005, 10:47 AM
Hi, ladies. Sitting here waiting for the Hurricane. We are actually supposed to have a tropical storm - Winds of 40-70 miles an hour and rain. Fortunately, we on on the west side of the hurricane as it turns. Biggest worry is flooding - we live in the 100-year flood plain - tidal wetlands. So, depending on what the tide is doing, we may be okay once again.

Faye, thanks for asking about my quilting. Our Guild just had a challenge - "Out of the Blue" and I got third place in the small quilt category. Since I didn't think the quilt was quite as good as what I usually do, I was really surprised. There were 91 entries in all.

Work calls - more later!

Satine
09-14-2005, 01:51 PM
Afternoon Everyone ... just got done eating my lunch here at work and that I would pop in and see what is going on ... today is Weds so that means I am going back to the gym today, and just as I was finally getting over being sore from Monday :lol:

Amanda - Yeah I am really glad I joined, I kept putting it off and putting it off and I know I need to firm up while losing weight, plus I seemed to be at a weight loss stand still so hoping this will kick up my metabolism... yeah that eliptical machine is the one where you move your arms back and forth, that seems to be the one that really kicks my butt and burns the most calories, so I will probably do alot more of it today, only made it 10 mins on Monday, but hey it was my first time :) ... that is so great on all of the lost inches, keep it up!!! You and I are going to be at our goals before you know it !!!!

Julie - Congrats on the job and the salary !! I know what you are talking about with gas prices, I used to run around after work or maybe go home and get back out to do errands, now everything is done at once and no just driving around, it is so ridiculous!!

Susan/Va - Hope you stay dry, and that your hubby is doing well ...

Faye - Hope your internet gets back up soon !!

Okay for Weds woe ( apologize if this is lengthy ) we had a TV delivered yesterday from Best Buy, rather large TV with a nice stand, well the TV was delivered but no stand - okay so I ask the delivery men about my stand, they look at eachother and smile and say "we are from the warehouse, the local store will deliver the stand..." I thought it was odd but I call the local store and they said the delivery men were wrong and that they should have delivered it, so at this point I am getting really nasty as I am getting the run around, I get on the phone with a manager who said he would look into it and call me back, okay so I have not received any apology at this point from anyone...manager calls me back about a 1/2 hour later and said that they never actually had the stand that they sold us and that they would give us the scratched up floor model with no price reduction !!! Okay so me and dh are just hot, I said I would take the floor model but that I was not paying for it ... they said they would have to get back to me on that as well, still no apology or remorse for their error ... long story short I ended up cancelling the stand order and getting a credit on my card for it... still no apology or real explanation from the company or manager ... great customer service from Best Buy - needless to say we will not be shopping there anymore, plus I will be emailing, sending a letter, or speaking to someone higher up in the company regarding this ... I am still mad this morning ....

Okay I think that has been my longest post ever, sorry about the rant!! :D

Talk later!!

Amanda Panda
09-14-2005, 04:14 PM
Hello guys!

I got 4 points yesterday - I am on a roll! I have no Wednesday woe - I am just enjoying feeling really happy and positive at the moment! I can't believe that TOM is only a week away and so far I have not been hit by PMS. I have been taking a herbal remedy for 3 months now and it feels like they are really kicking in now. This is just excellent because for years I have suffered the worst PMS , so much so that I ended up taking time off work every month - so any improvement is a real bonus.

FAYE - Hope your internet is back soon!

CARRI - I'm glad you aren't aching so much today! You are right - we will both be at goal soon! I don't think I'll make it this year, but by next Summer I will be hot! Going to the gym will really speed up your metabolism - but it takes a bit of time, so don't expect much loss in the first month. It was only in the second month that I really started losing and now my metabolism is really high. The best thing about having a high metabolism is that you can eat :jeno: now and again and totally get away with it! I don't blame you for being mad about the TV stand - that is appalling treatment! It actually happened to me once - but they said they had an old stand in the van so I just accepted that (I was renting, not buying).

SUSAN/VA - That is so great that you came third in your quilt contest - your work must be pretty good!

JULIE - Getting a proper salary as an editor is great - you've obviously really impressed them with all your hard work. Well done for maintaining - that's an achievement in itself isn't it? Thanks for your kind words about me - I NEVER thought I would inspire someone, but I must admit I have suprised myself with how far I have come! Once you get your career sorted, I know you will lose the rest of your weight.

Love Amanda x

gma22
09-15-2005, 08:43 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so let's take some time just for US!!!!!

Well, here I am. Brother what a mess. Mine was up and running right away, but it took nearly 3 hours of phone time with a tech support person to get Jack's connected because we have a wireless router and were having problems. It is still jittery, but I hope it improves.

As for my e-mail address, I will just pm all of you, ok?

Carri: I am very proud of you and you kick Best Buy's nasty behind for me girl! You know I have had problems over and over with companies and just got into a nasty thing with Omaha Steaks because in the last 3 weeks they have called here around 75 times and never leave a message. It was telemarketing and they used my contact phone # from an order to solicit business. I hit the roof and of course they said they had rights and back and forth and I finally blew my top and told them off good including reporting them to the BBB and the attorney general because I am on the federal do not call list! I am sorry you didn't get satisfaction. I am afraid I'd tell them to come get their d&^% tv too and go somewhere and buy it.

Amanda: You make me PROUD to know you. I cannot even express how proud I am of how much you have turned your life around. You have made wonderful progress and I cannot say enough!

SusanVA: Hope you and dh aren't getting washed away. Will continue to pray for him and your new situation. CONGRATULATIONS ON THE QUILT WIN!!!!!! :cp: :cb: :hat:

Julie: Way to go on the paying job and it took me an IRS refund and all year to save that much money! :lol:

Me, I am going to have to get motivated again, but it is so hot that I just sit and knit right now.

You gals have a wonderful day!

QuilterInVA
09-15-2005, 10:51 AM
Faye, the Federal Do Not Call list does not apply to any company you have ever called for information or done business with. I tried to report a company that kept calling us and that is what I was told. Bummer!

I think we have escaped even the rain from Ophelia...the sun is shining and it is a beautiful day.

Doctor called this morning and my husband has a bacterial infection now. His immune systems just doesn't do the job anymore. So 14 days of antibiotics again.

Satine
09-15-2005, 02:12 PM
Hi Girls just a quick pop in, did 25 mins on the elyptical machine last night, and I had to really, really work at it to stay on that long, my thighs were hurting, so I had 4 points yesterday and am feeling really good about myself lately ... I have been staying OP for a while now but I know the working out at the gym is going to help out greatly.

Amanda - Thanks for the encouraging words ... I know a year from now we will both be ALOT smaller !!! I cannot wait !!! :) :)

Faye - Yes, I hate when you get bad customer service, we did decide to keep the TV ... a part of me just hates to give them the business though...
It was funny because I had to go back in for the credit card refund and as soon as they heard me say my name they all started acting funny and real uncomfortable, they must have heard about my rants on the phone !! :lol: Oh well they deserved it !!

Susan - Sorry to hear about dh, hope the antibiotics kick in soon! :)

Hope you all have a great day, I am really sore from the workout yesterday so good thing it is my day off from it ...

See ya!!

Amanda Panda
09-15-2005, 03:34 PM
Hi all,

I got 2 points yesterday - I was doing fine until I got the late night munchies and had a sandwich!

I'm having a rest day from the gym today, to rest my poor legs before my advanced cycle class tomorrow. Today has been so wet and miserable - Winter is definately on the way which I am not happy about (Sheffield has very wet winters!). I don't mind cold weather as long as it's not wet! The nights are drawing in now too. I have really enjoyed this Summer - I've lost some weight, have been feeling good and getting out to the gym - so I must make sure I don't get low now the seasons are changing.

I talked with Nige last night and told him we are definately over - I've even given him the ring back and he is going to sell it (probably for a fraction of what it cost) and split the money. He's still not going to move out until he has his inheritance through which will hopefully be a few months, but in the meantime both of us know it is over. I feel sad but positive about my future and I know I have made the right decision.

Have a nice evening

Love Amanda x

gma22
09-16-2005, 08:42 AM
FRIDAY: We are changing it up a bit. Today is Fabulous Friday Friends day so call, e-mail or talk to a friend you haven't in awhile to let them know you still care and think about them!

Carri :bravo:
Amanda :dancer:

Carri: You will become the workout queen in not time! I think I have a reputation with all retailers. I just don't stand for that crap anymore. Either you want to sell me something and provide the service or you don't and I don't think Best Buy gave a fig. You had the tv and it was paid for so who cares whether or not you got the rest of it? Unfortunately that is the way a lot of places are now adays. I just read an e-mail yesterday from a woman who went to one of the expensive yarn shops here in town, signed up for a class, was told by a sales associate where she could get yarn cheaper than at the yarn shop (I guess this lady was on a fixed income or something) so she did then went back and they wouldn't let her bring it into the store nor take the class without buying new yarn, needles etc from THEIR SHOP. After trying to explain and even pointing out the sales person, who of course denied it all, she got mad because they got so snotty and she and two other patrons walked out of the store (they refused to give her back her class money too) and refusing to go back, the other two patrons took her to another shop they said was better. BUT the continuing saga is the OWNER called her and instead of apologizing etc told the woman her puny little self wouldn't effect her business at all so not to come back! Can you believe it? So she put a warning e-mail on the onine yellow pages website not to frequent the store!

Amanda: You have come so far girl to be able to withstand such an emotional disappointment but still not let you program fall apart around you. I cannot say enough about you and what you have become.

As for me, I am doing lousy and need to set up a plan and get with it. I am not depressed or anything, just am not working my program and exercise and need to get things organized, bought etc. It is best for Jack too.

Boy, we had 3 rounds with AOL last night. It is in Jack's name so he called and spent 15 minutes trying to get the jerk to cancel and give him a confirmation number. He finally told him if he didn't quit the sales pitch to try and get us to stay and give him a confirmation # in 10 seconds he was hanging up on him (the guy refused to give him his supervisor) so Jack hung up on him, I went online and logged into AOL from my dsl and low and behold the e-mail with the cancellation was in Jack's old mailbox and had been in there from about 3 minutes after Jack gave the guy his info! As the moron signed the stupid thing, I am contacting AOL and giving them a piece of my mind about it all. With that being said, BEWARE OF TAKING AOL AND THEN TRYING TO GET OUT OF IT!!!!

Have a good day gals!

Satine
09-16-2005, 11:34 AM
Faye - that is so weird, I had the EXACT same experience with AOL when I tried to cancel, I tell everyone do NOT get involved with AOL, I tried to cancel with two phone calls, getting nasty both times and asking for supervisors, they would never give me their supervisor but kept trying to get me to stay on for 3 months if they gave it to me free, I finally made threats and low and behold it was cancelled, I HATE that company... good thing you got away from them...

talk more later all !! Have a good weekend if I do not pop back in, I am leaving work at noon today to go work out and have an afternoon to myself.

Amanda Panda
09-16-2005, 02:21 PM
hello girlies,

I got 3 points yesterday - as I mentioned I had a rest day from the gym. I still found my cycle class really tough - I swear he makes it harder each week! Then again it is an advanced class - I've been doing it for months now and it just doesn't get any easier! :faint: After my class I decided I would have a gentle swim and then sit in the spa and steam room - I really enjoyed my swim and ended up doing 14 lengths! I have really noticed that because my new workouts are really focusing on core stability, my stomach muscles are so much stronger now and it really helped my swimming. I am going to make that a regular thing on a Friday - cycle class, swim, spa and steam!

FAYE - Thanks for your support hon! Yes, it is a testament of how much I've changed that exercise is the one thing that is keeping me going through all this. I have got to a stage where my weight loss is really beginning to notice now and my shape is so toned - I am excited about where I will end up! Yes, I had the same crap from AOL when I ended a free trial - it seems to be the way companies operate now,by bullying - I had the same when I changed phone company. I just did waht Jack did and said ' I want to cancel and I don't want to discuss it'.

CARRI - Look at you taking the afternoon off to workout! :eek: This gym membership is going to be the making of you I can tell! You are going to be at your goal in no time at all! You are obviously enjoying it aswell which is all the better - it has made such a difference to my weightloss to find exercise that I enjoy, rather than have to force myself to do.

Hello to Julie, Susan and anyone else

Love Amanda x

gma22
09-17-2005, 07:52 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday so join us in our happy thoughts this weekend!

Amanda :cp:

My sunny thought is IT COOLED OFF OVERNIGHT HALLELUJAH!

Carri: Hope you had a fun half day!

I will try and get back in later. Right now I am going three rounds with my book club over a double order of something I can't get them to cancel one of them.

Amanda Panda
09-17-2005, 05:30 PM
hello folks,

I got 4 points yesterday. Guess what? I woke up this morning to find I'd lost 4lb overnight!!! Looks like that swim ontop of my cycle class did the trick! I've not had a loss for 10 days so I was obviously due one! This brings me to 50lb lost - yay! :cp:

Enjoy your weekend

Love Amanda x

gma22
09-18-2005, 09:31 AM
SUNDAY: This is Silly Poll Sunday and our silly poll this week is what piece or furniture or appliance in your house would you really really like to replace and with what?

Amanda :bravo:

Silly Poll, our blasted bed. We need a better and bigger one.

Sorry I didn't get back in here, but we got busy yesterday looking at furniture, which gave me my silly poll idea btw. We decided not to go to Nashville next weekend but buy furniture instead. I am so excited. I know it probably seems silly to most people to get all jazzed about a few pieces of assessories, but I lived for over 30 years with crap because we couldn't afford anything but hand me downs, cheap furniture and stuff I could pick up at a garage sale or whatnot. To be able to go out and pay cash for something nice is exciting to this old broad. We aren't buying anything extravagant, just a new cherry table for my computer in the kitchen, this cool bench with baskets underneath I am going to use as a coffee table and matching tables with basket shelving to replace my crummy end tables to store our dvds in.

Oh gosh girls, I felt so sorry, kind of, for these two guys moving a big screen tv in their pickup yesterday. We went to look at recliners and were coming back and the thing FELL OFF THE TRUCK onto the street in front of us and broke! I mean, these things cost like $3000 and the dopes didn't have it tied down in the truck. I am sure it destroyed it as there were pieces all over the street and the front glass was all messed up and such. If not, it is going to cost a bundle to fix it!

Let's give a big :cb: :cp: to Amanda for her losses!

Have a great Sunday gals!

gma22
09-19-2005, 07:31 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our Mission this week is FIBER! We need fiber to make our bodies work well, so take a supplement, eat some oatmeal and whole grain products, fruits like apples and oranges.

You gals, I will check in later

Mirabelly
09-19-2005, 08:47 AM
Hi Everyone!

CONGRATS AMANDA for your loss!!!!! You Rock Kiddo....

I've been totally inspired by Amanda and Carrie....and totally uninspired by my sitting on my butt all day at home with no kids. The writing takes exactly as long as I allow it to. I can get the days work done in about 3 or 4 hours, or I can let it linger on for 8 to 10 hours! So, I'm going out to find me a gym...right now. I've looked for a place with a pool, weight room and a sauna...no luck! Not here in the boonies. I may have to sign up at 2 places just to get the variety I want. But I don't care. I have the money now to pay for a whole year all at once (none of this monthly payment crap!) and I'm going to spend it on my health! I know I need it badly, and it will get me out of the house.

So here I go....

Julie

Satine
09-19-2005, 01:48 PM
Hello All, hope you all had a good weekend, I know I had a great one, the weather was so nice out !! :)

Faye - We have a king size bed and if you can believe that is not even big enough, I sleep on my side and sort of spread out so I take up way too much room, hope you find the furniture that you want. On the Monday mission, I sooooooooooooo need fiber ( if you know what I mean ) ... I may need to just buy some pills for it.

Amanda - WTG on the 4 pounds, I lost 3 pounds last week !!!!! I am so pleased, I even stayed OP all weekend, which is quite a big deal for me !!!

Julie - Glad to hear that me getting off of my big butt and finally exercising has inspired you to get going, good luck with the gym hunt !! :D

Hi to everyone, and have a good Monday, wish I was still at home and in bed!!! :lol:

gma22
09-20-2005, 07:39 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and so lets target our exercise regime. Not IF we do it, but how we do it. Let's make sure we add in some weight training at least once a week to get those ole turkey waddle arms in good shape and that saggy butt back to where it should be!

ANNOUNCEMENT! My scummy neighbors are MOVING!!!!!!! :cb: :cp: :dance: :woo: We were coming home from T's practice last night and I was griping about the brats throwing bones and food in the yard and then the adults throwing their ciggie butts in my yard and scuzzying up the entranceway with their garbage etc. We came around the corner to our street and here is a big Uhaul. Jack said, "God, wonder who they are moving in there now." BUT WAIT, COULD IT POSSIBLY BE TRUE??? COULD THEY BE PUTTING THINGS IN THE TRUCK????? Halleluah, it IS true!!!!!!!!!!! This will last me as my Sunny Thought for weeks! :lol:

Julie: You go girl! I need to get my butt in gear too. I am back to square one and have gained a bunch of weight. I don't even have the time excuse as that is ALL I have anymore.

Carri: It is funny you said that because when we go away and stay in a hotel, I still stay clear over on the edge. Jack is the little :ink: at our house. Long arms and legs do that to you I guess. I get the animals because they want to cuddle up next to the fat woman! Sigh........

My dgs came to practice with his other grandparents last night so I took him and we walked ahead of the other adults so we could talk. I ask him how school was and was teasing him about whether or not he was writing and speaking Japanese in kindergarten yet. He cracked me up. He got all serious and said, "No, Nonny, but I know what Cinco de Mayo is. Cinco is 5 and Mayo is.......well I don't know what Mayo is." :lol: So I told him Mayo was May and it meant 5th of May. He is so funny. We talked about going to see Wallace and Gromet but I guess his mom and dad are taking him. I do miss the little bugger. We are having dinner with him on Thurs.

Everyone have a great day!!!!!

Faye ;)

Mirabelly
09-20-2005, 07:49 AM
Hey, I got 4 points yesterday!

I found a gym I think will work for me. No pool, but I can get a separate membership for that somewhere else if I reallly want it. For now, I have weights, cardio equipment, tennis/raquetball and a sauna....and yoga/pilates classes. So, I'll start there and see what happens.

Everyone have a great day!
Julie

Oh, and Faye--WOOOO HOOOOOO on the neighbors thing! :cp: Are you going to be interviewing any potential new neighbors? :lol: I can just see you out front with a clip board :lol: :lol:

Off to the gym.....bbl
Julie

Amanda Panda
09-20-2005, 03:29 PM
Hello,

I'm feeling a bit run down at the moment - think I may be coming down with a cold. I had the day off from the gym today as I felt poorly, although I feel a bit better this evening. My eating has been rotten over the past 2 days - I have PMS munchies big style!

I attended my first computer class this morning - because I am already pretty computer literate, I am the most advanced in the class! Luckily you can work at your own pace so the tutor said I won't have to hang back for others to catch up. I'm sure it won't take long before I'm learning something new - I've not had much experience in spreadsheets and databases which we will be doing. Apparantly if you pass 3 modules then you get a certificate in IT, but if you do 5 modules then you get a Diploma - so I'm going to go for the diploma. Even though today was just a basic intro (how to switch the computer on and off! :dizzy: ) it feels good to be working towards something and (eventually) learning new things and challenging myself. It's only 2 hours a week, but I can work at home too if I want to complete it quicker.

FAYE - Woo hoo the neighbours are gone - you see God does answer your prayers! :lol:

CARRI - Congrats on the 3lb lost!

JULIE - I am sooooooooooo proud of you for joining a gym! This is going to be the making of you and will get you to goal in no time! I know you will really enjoy it and will love having time just for you. Joining up for a whole year is a good commitment - and you usually make big savings too don't you? I am so happy for you as I know how much you've been struggling lately. I am glad that Carri and I have helped you to make that commitment to yourself! :cheer:

Now all we have to do is get Faye to join a gym!! ;)

Have a good evening

Love Amanda x

Mirabelly
09-20-2005, 04:44 PM
Hi all,
I had my first gym workout this morning. I did about 25 minutes on the treadmill and 30 minutes of weights. Then I sat in the sauna for 20 minutes! Heaven....I've been wanting a sauna for the house for a long time, now it will be my reward for a good workout.

I only joined for the month for now, because my husband gets nervous when I spend alot of money at one time--though I did treat myself to a new workout outfit :D Just what I needed to start my day off.

Talk to you all later.
Julie

Satine
09-20-2005, 04:55 PM
Afternoon All .... had a 4 pointer yesterday, worked my butt off at the gym, it was really hard yesterday after not doing anything over the weekend :)

Julie - Great job on joining the gym, good for you ... this will certainly get you back on the losing track !!! Now if we could just get ol' Faye back on the wagon :lol:

Right Faye??? :D

Amanda - Hope you are feeling better soon !! Yeah that first part of that class sounds real remedial ... but I bet you learn alot.

I am about 35 mins from going home for the day, no gym today since I do it every other day, so I get to go right home and put on the pjs and veg in front of my TV ... sounds like a lazy night huh?? YOU BET !!!!

Talk later all ... :cool:

gma22
09-21-2005, 08:05 AM
WEDNESDAY: today is Wednesday's Woes a day to gripe gripe gripe if you want.

Morning gals. You all sound like you are doing so great. I am holding my own even got out and walked yesterday, but it is so incredibly hot here again that even my poor doggy had problems. I ended up having to carry him part way home! :lol:

Listen, You are ALL right. I do need to do something again. I have fallen back into bad habits, stopped exercising and not getting my water in. Truthfully I am one of those stupid people who has to make up her mind to commit to it and I am just not there yet. Maybe because I am so uncomfortable right now (the AC thing is NOT solved yet and the house is around 87 degrees during the day) that I don't do much of anything except my chores for the day, which for me is exercise alone, but it is not enough. Keep me in your thoughts and know that I have NOT given up on myself and am NOT depressed about it all. I make you all a promise, by Monday I will have it all worked out and have a program set up for me. I go to the commissary this weekend so I will have my list include what I need to get back to the program and I will figure out how I can exercise in the heat. I am not interested in going back to a gym. I paid a lot of money for my treadmill and weights and I just need to use them!

SusanVA: Hope you and dh are doing ok. I think about you often and how he is doing day to day.

The rest of you, have a great day today

Mirabelly
09-21-2005, 01:33 PM
Hi all,
3 points for me yesterday...not enough water. Did 45 minutes at the gym this morning (not counting stretching).....so on track for 4 points today.

Faye, I know you can pull through this funk....I know cuz I did. And it took all of you encouraging me, even when I wasn't here, to do it. So, you've got my thoughts and prayers. And the heat is NOT something to take lightly...it absolutely affects your mood and desires (why do you think I live in Maine??)

TTFn all,
Julie

Satine
09-21-2005, 01:42 PM
Afternoon Ladies - had another 3 point day yesterday, today will be a 4 point one since I am off to the gym after work. I am getting a little frustrated as I have been weighing myself each morning ( and yes I know I should not do it everyday but I am compulsive ) ... and it goes down like .20 each morning, yes it is not going up but that seems piddly for all of the work I am doing. :lol: I guess it all adds up, but I am going to HAVE to go back to only weighing myself once a week or I am going to end up getting discouraged and going crazy ( not a long trip ) :D I guess that will be my Weds Woe, trying to stay away from the scales ... :(

Julie - Yay!!!! On the long gym workout ... the first few weeks of being OP and exercising are the hardest, so hang on, I know you can do it ... by the way is your dh still losing?

Faye - I know you will get back on in time, same thing happened to me not too long ago, remember? So I know you can do it !!!!! It is pretty hot here still too, so I know how that can be ...I know you will get back on Monday and do absolutely great !!! :)

Amanda - Hope you are feeling better today !!!

Susan/Va - Hope dh is doing well ... Hi. :wave:

Hope you all have a terrific day ... talk to you all later.

Amanda Panda
09-21-2005, 02:10 PM
Hi guys,

I'm still a bit run down so have had another day off from the gym - although I am looking forward to going back tomorrow! I went into town today to buy some new gym pants as I only have one pair and they are not drying in time for the next day! I had no luck though - I went from shop to shop to shop, and for once it wasn't the usual problem of 'nothing fits', but just that I couldn't find anything I liked. In the end I've ordered some Reebok ones from my mail order catalogue, so I needn't have spent all day traipsing round the shops!

CARRI - Now listen lady, what did I tell you about not expecting to lose anything in the first month??? :nono: You will be gaining muscle and also some water weight , but then it will start dropping off. Hang in there!

JULIE - Glad you enjoyed your workout and sauna (that's the best bit!).

FAYE - I know you will be back on form soon. Going shopping and buying lots of healthy stuff will really inspire you to start a new plan - it always works for me!

Have a lovely evening

Love Amanda x

gma22
09-22-2005, 09:04 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so let's commit just an hour or so for ourselves today!

Julie :cp:
Carri :cp:

I don't have a lot of time this morning as I had a horrible night not sleeping with the heat so I slept in a little this am. I have to get stuff done because today is my :hb: dinner with my grandson. My dd is going to be out of town next Wed so we are doing it tonight. I am looking forward to it even though my sil can't come. The poor man goes to school 6 nights a week on top of his job.

I am so proud of my girls for doing everything right and I promise to join you on Monday. Believe me, this is NOT where I want to be. I have Vegas to work towards again so that is what I am going to do not letting anything get in my way this time.

Everyone have a super day today! Time to clean the upstairs bathrooms.

Satine
09-22-2005, 11:13 AM
Well I am happy to report that I am back under my CW signature at bottom and then some ...scale said 198 this morning, so I am so freakin' happy!!! :cb: I finally can change my signature ( or actually be at what it says, ha ha ) .... BUT here is this weeks dilema ... my little sister is getting married this weekend, I am the maid of honor, the rehearsal dinner Friday is at a pasta house ... I wanted to cheat but now I think if I do I will push myself right back over 200 since I am only 2 pounds below, and I do not want that ... plus how am I going to stay away from WEDDING CAKE !!! GEEEzzzzz ... :fr: So I am really at a crossroads here .... :lol: any advice?
Maybe do not cheat at dinner on Friday, but then have a tiny piece of cake?

Well anyhow ...had a 4 pointer yesterday! :strong:

Faye - Have fun at dinner ... I know you will do great once you get back on after Monday !!! :goodvibes

Julie - great to have you back full time ....you are going to do it this time, I can feel it !!! :cheer:

Amanda - I know, I know .... I tried not to get my hopes up about the working out and the scale but it is hard for me not to get on it every morning, I guess I will have to hide it ... :lol:

Everybody have a great day, talk later ...well I am off tomorrow and then I will be busy with the wedding all weekend, so you may not hear back from me until Monday ... see ya!! :sunny:

Mirabelly
09-22-2005, 04:20 PM
Hi everyone!
4 points for me yesterday!!! Gotta get to drinking my water today, though.

Other than the exercising this has been a really unproductive week. I just come home from the gym and spend the day online. NOT good! I guess I'm just coming up for air after all the writing work I've been doing. Downtime for my brain.

So, I was dumb and weighed myself and I'm doing the weight gain thing from starting to exercise for real. I know it will come down, but it's still a bummer to work hard for 3 days and see the weight go up. Oh well, I'm in this for the long haul.

Carrie, congrats on the weight loss! I know you must feel awesome. And the wedding thing is a huge dilema...my dh said he wanted a big huge pizza when he reached 199, he got one, and now he hasn't been below 200 for 2 weeks! It sooo wasn't worth it for him. Maybe the numbers will help you stay strong. Order something at the pasta house that's NOT pasta, or order a kids serving and fill up on salad. Also, lots of places offer whole wheat pasta now--that doesn't bloat you up as much. Can't help you with the wedding cake thing-- I LOVE CAKE!!

Well, gotta get going .....

Everyone have a great evening!
Julie

gma22
09-23-2005, 06:18 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Freaky Friday so tell us what you favorite costume for Halloween was as a child.

Julie :bravo:

I had such a nice time last night. I love spending time with Thomas. You know my thing with rodents and of course he lovvvvvveeeeeessssss to tease his old Nonny about it. He got me a card with a picture of a live mouse on it {shiver} Anyway, he gets an allowance of $5 a week if he is good and has been saving for this new gameboy that is out. Bless his little heart, he took 10$ of the money he saved and paid for part of the handbag he bought me and the other $5 was to help pay for his other grandma's bd present, his Nana's "num." I said, "Her what?" He said, "I bought her a pretty yellow num, you know the flowers." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Kelly said, "Yeah, you know a chrysanthanum." He said, "yeah a yellow, chrysanthanum." We rolled over that one. They also got me some of this cool stuff to take care of my feet, which are always in bad shape. She said I might be able to get my feet in shape before my next Vegas trip! :lol: We had a lot of fun, though I had promised him last week he could come here and play games and we were across town by his house at a restaurant and he had homework. Broke my heart when he said, "Nonny, you promised last week we could go to your house." It worked out ok, without too much hurt feelings.

I have to go. Need to get Jack some breakfast.

Mirabelly
09-23-2005, 11:10 AM
Happy Friday everyone!
3 points for yesterday, not enough water :(

I just got back from the gym, took a pilates class this morning. It's alot tougher than just following a video at home, I found out. My core is alot weaker than I thought, so I'll be doing this class every Friday. It's a nice break from the weights.

This gym thing is working out nicely for me...since I drive my kids to school everyday, I just wear my workout clothes and drive straight to the gym. If I don't have to think about it or psych myself up for it, I do better. We'll see how long this lasts--I hope it will quickly become a habit.

Anyhoo...gotta get going. Have a great weekend everyone.

Julie

gma22
09-24-2005, 02:41 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday so share your sunny thoughts with us.

Julie :cp:

Carri: Have fun at the wedding and rehearsal!

Nikki, Susan, SusanVA, Marsha we miss you all!

I have a lot to do the next couple days so don't know how much I can get in here. Thought I better go ahead and set this up while I could.

Everyone have a good Saturday and Sunday!

Amanda Panda
09-24-2005, 03:35 PM
hello folks,

Well my eating has been terrible for the past few days - but I am re-committing as of Monday and intend to really get this weight shifting.

We get a new timetable at the gym as of 1st Oct and guess what? They are cutting my Friday morning cycle class! :( Last time they cut the Weds and Sunday - now it's the Friday. I am definately complaining this time as that means there are no daytime cycle classes anymore and they are all being pushed into the evenings or early mornings. Daytime users pay full fee yet get inferior choice - it really annoys me! :tantrum:

Anyway - rant over.

Have a nice weekend

Love Amanda x

gma22
09-25-2005, 05:05 AM
SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our Silly Poll this week is, what do you prefer, hot weather, rainy weather or snow?

Amanda: You go girl! Tell em how it is!

I hate the snow, rain is ok and hot weather as long as it is not so humid like it has been here.

Not much to say girls. I didn't get much sleep the night before and fell asleep watching Nero Wolfe last night at like 7:30 PM. I love our satellite dish! :lol: Though, I do wish it generated cooler weather along with tv channels! :D

Hope you all have a nice day today!

gma22
09-26-2005, 07:09 AM
NO TOPIC TODAY

My allergies are really in high gear this morning so I am going to go back to bed and try to rest. Everyone have a good day

Faye ;)

QuilterInVA
09-26-2005, 11:31 AM
Hi, everyone. Doing fine with a beautiful day in Virginia. My husband seems to be responding to this round of medication - we actually went out for Breakfast Saturday and to get him some new trousers - he's down to a 38. Last year at Christmas he was a 46. He seems to be eating better. Hopefully this will continue.

I'm doing pretty good, foodwise, and have maintained my weight steady if not losing anymore. Maybe this is where I should stay since I can pretty much eat what I want. I'll see when I go for my checkup in November.

Amanda Panda
09-26-2005, 04:34 PM
Hello all,

Well I am back on track with my eating as of yesterday - although I am really craving junk after eating chocolate, cheese and loads of bread last week. Unfortunately my pig out has led to a 3lb gain, although some of that may be due to TOM. I am back in control now now and hope to get rid of those pounds as soon as I can! I had to have ANOTHER rest day from the gym today as my legs and bum are really achy still from doing my legs workout on Saturday. On a more positive note, my new Reebok gym pants arrived today and they look fab! I ordered a size 22 (US 18) and a size 20 (US 16) to see which fitted - and I didn't even have to open the 22's as the 20's fit fine, if anything they are loose on the waist! They look sooooo nice on ....they are not cheap but they obviously put alot of work into the shape of them as they are really flattering and make my big belly look reasonably flat! (and who wouldn't pay a bit more for that? ;) )

FAYE - Sorry your allergies are playing up - take care of yourself!

SUSAN - Glad dh is having a good spell.Like you say - maybe you are just meant to be 156lb - and no amount of trying will shift that extra pound. I bet you look great!

CARRI - Hope you enjoyed the wedding and the cake!

JULIE - How's the gym?

Love Amanda x

gma22
09-27-2005, 07:10 AM
TUESDAY: Today is target Tuesday and let's target clothing today. Let's clean out those closets of too big clothes, too old clothes, too ugly clothes and treat yourself to some new stuff in a new size! It is important to see your progress through clothing.

morning girls! I still feel like I have a boulder in my throat and like someone punched me in both eyes but I am ok. Dh is having problems too.

My little guy won his soccer game last night. It was so cute. They named themselves the Running Rebels and when they win a game they all form a circle and put their hands into the center and yelling running rebels and throw up their hands. Last night was the first time they got to do that and it is so cute with little 5 year olds.

Susan VA: I am glad hubby is able to eat again. Hope that keeps up. Maybe a little new clothes will help improve him too!

Amanda: Wow, that is great! Congrats on the new size change!

Hope everyone else is well

Carri: Hope you had fun at the wedding

Mirabelly
09-27-2005, 07:44 AM
Morning everyone!

Well, I ate like CRAP all weekend, so I probably blew all the hard work I put in at the gym last week. BUT I'm getting into a solid habit with working out, and you all know that was the hardest thing for me to get consistent. Right now my challenge is weekends...we've been socializing or traveling every weekend for months and it's not going to let up until the holidays. Yeah, THAT will be better :rolleyes: So, I just have to get a handle on my weekends, and I should be in great shape!

Amanda, congrats on the new clothes! I just love it when that happens....and a US 16 is STunning!!!!!! I'm so proud of you.

Faye, hope your allergies are better today. I'm going to go through some of my clothes today and just toss the ones I don't wear or are too big. People keep giving me stuff that's too big, and I feel guilty getting rid of it. But I only have so much room, right?

Susan/va--enjoy the fall weather!

TTFN,
Julie

Satine
09-27-2005, 01:40 PM
Hi All ...Had a great time at the wedding this weekend, everything went well, well except for the photographer didnt show up until right before the wedding, he said he forgot to write down the date!!! Needless to say they are getting a big discount ...but they are on their honeymoon now and having a great time in Florida...I didnt end up staying away from the cake, and also had pizza for dinner ... so good thing I worked out yesterday...had 4 points yesterday...got a headache today, had one yesterday about this time...TOM is this week so I usually don't feel all that well that week ... headaches and backpain ...

Julie - I know what you mean weekends are really hard to get through and stay OP, I have a hard time with that myself ...

Faye - Hope you get to feeling better soon!! Should be cooling off this week so then you will not be so hot and miserable, might help with the allergies too.

Amanda - Great job on the pants size, I really need some new clothes to work out in too, might look around for those this weekend.

Susan-VA - Glad to hear dh is doing better :)

Well better get bck to work ,.. have a good day all!!!

Amanda Panda
09-27-2005, 06:03 PM
Hi,

I got 3 points yesterday - had a rest day due to my aching legs and bum, but am happy that I stayed OP. I am happy to report that I have already lost 2 of the 3lb I gained - thanks to 3 days OP and TOM being over.

I had a look at the new timetable at the gym today and although I am not happy that they have cut my Friday cycle class, I was pleasantly suprised to see they have added one to Saturday afternoons and a Weds morning - so things aren't as bad as I thought they'd be. I'm still going to write to say I'll miss the Friday class as I really enjoyed his teaching style and I hope he gets more classes.

CARRI - I don't blame you for eating the cake - but you'll soon burn it off at the gym.

FAYE - Feel better soon. Glad you enjoyed the football match.

JULIE - Yes, weekends are the hardest - I always feel like I need a 'treat'.

Have a good evening,

Love Amanda x

gma22
09-28-2005, 08:13 AM
DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #114