Breakfast Ideas - Phase 1 - Zucchini fritters

View Full Version : Zucchini fritters

JessieW
09-12-2005, 05:46 PM
I adapted this from a Calorie Commando show on FoodTV.

1 good size zucchini, shredded
1 egg white or 1/8 cup egg substitute
salt and pepper
grated Parmesan cheese

Mix together zucchini, egg, and season with salt and pepper (and any other seasonings that sound good!). Spoon into pancake like mounds on a skillet coasted with PAM. I made about 4 small pancakes, but I used more egg--it was too runny with one whole egg. Sprinkle top side with Parmesan cheese. Let cook over medium until crispy on the bottom side; then flip and cook until brown on the bottom. (Pretty much, make a pancake from this batter!) Yummy breakfast that includes your protein and veggie!

Jessie

djett626
09-13-2005, 11:34 AM
That sounds wonderful! I am going to have to try this!

darlingchick
02-06-2006, 12:02 PM
These are really, really good. I made them with a small zucchini, some s&p, and a little eggbeaters... I omitted the cheese and fashioned them like some rice patties I had in germany: With a marinara sauce I made simply by crushing a can of diced tomatoes and adding italian season. It was so wonderful- for breakfast or a dinner side. Try it!!

TheScrapper
04-01-2006, 06:56 PM
I love these, but they never seem to remain together like a pancake...simply because the bottom ALWAYS sticks even with alot of PAM...I can't figure out why,,,but i turn it into a scramble and add more parm before I package them up to bring to work,,,,they are very good re-heated as well!