100 lb. Club - We made the local paper.

View Full Version : We made the local paper.

howie6267
09-11-2005, 08:21 PM
You can read the article here. The only quote they got wrong was "(The show) encouraged us not only to count calories but to eat wisely and to exercise," Kimberley said." We always have counted calories. The show did not chage us we were already doing this.

http://www.newarkadvocate.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050911/NEWS01/509110305/1002

Alchina
09-11-2005, 08:30 PM
I love the photo! :lol: Way-to-go! Keep up the great work! I know how hard it is!

irishgreengables
09-11-2005, 09:27 PM
HOW FUN IS THAT????!! That's so cool. I just loved reading it...and the picture is fabulous.

Jenaya
09-11-2005, 09:33 PM
Neat...way to go! You have so much to feel proud over and are truly an inspiration to all.

SwimGirl
09-11-2005, 10:12 PM
Thats pretty cool, Gotta love that picture too!!

-Aimee

missaprylj
09-11-2005, 11:25 PM
I love the photo!! Congrats you two!

TMunday
09-11-2005, 11:35 PM
That is totally awesome!!! Love the pic!! :)

Howie & Kimberley....... thanks for helping me last week or so when I asked about the calorie counting. I do appreciate it! I FINALLY lose something, though little, it was still something! You guys are an inspiration!! Congrats and keep it up!

Sandi
09-11-2005, 11:41 PM
That is such an awesome photo!! You guys rock!!! ;)

wip
09-11-2005, 11:44 PM
Positively awesome :bravo:

DishyFishy
09-12-2005, 03:00 AM
That photo is superb! My hubby asked if I'm gonna make him climb into my fat jeans with me when I reach goal! :lol:

Congratulations to the pair of you!

Gardenwife
09-12-2005, 03:21 AM
Thanks, you guys! We had fun setting up that shot.

Sometime I'll post photos from our original "pants party" in the early 1990's. When we first dieted together and got to the point where we could both fit in 'em, we had a party with friends and got pictures of people in his old pants...One person in each leg, etc.

I'll tell ya, between his bad back and just generally being 12 years or so older, it wasn't as easy getting into those pants this time around! Howie's brother Greg is in that picture because I had to lean on him or I would have toppled forward and taken poor Howie with me! There was ZERO maneuverability for our feet and lower legs in those things. ;)

Can you imagine having to tell the paramedics what happened? The accident report? Oh, sheesh. Thank God for Greg!

BarbaraAnn
09-12-2005, 07:32 AM
That picture is amazing!

Sounds like you had a lot of fun and I can only imagine how many couples you inspired when they saw that pic and read the article!

newfiedarling
09-12-2005, 07:45 AM
The pic is fantastic! Congrats you guys!

~Dee

SnShn13
09-12-2005, 08:21 AM
The picture is awesome and so are you two! Way to go in all of your success!

glynne
09-12-2005, 08:30 AM
That picture is cool ~ way to go you guys. Are you gonna be on TV as some part of that show?

Jen415
09-12-2005, 08:38 AM
How fun! That is so cool! It definitely would keep you motivated, knowing everyone will be watching you as you continue to shed pounds!

ChocLabLover
09-12-2005, 08:53 AM
Congratulations you two! The picture is amazing and certainly inspiring to the rest of us! :D

mezmerize
09-12-2005, 08:55 AM
BIG SMILE!!! It's very inspiring. One can see that losing only 1bs does add up!!! Good your guys!

hautbois
09-12-2005, 09:58 AM
Congratulations you two! I love that photo; it's very inspirational. :)

shedilbry
09-12-2005, 10:21 AM
that is so cool you guys! and i love the pic!

barbygirl43
09-12-2005, 10:22 AM
that is too cool. Thanks for sharing it.

heather_dw
09-12-2005, 10:25 AM
You two both look so happy in that picture!

Way to go!

teapotdynamo
09-12-2005, 10:54 AM
That is *soooooo* cool! I am impressed with the paper for seeing that you guys are a great idea for a story. Seeing your success could also help motivate other couples to do the very same thing! That's just fantastic.

And the photo is absolutely *priceless*!!!!!!

Jillegal
09-12-2005, 11:38 AM
Oh goodness, that picture is da bomb! I love it! Its easy to see how far you've both come by looking at your progress pics, but this one pic just brings it ALL home with a jolt! Nice little article accompanying the pic, too. Hey, maybe when I pass through your State on my way to Kentucky next year I'll see a sign saying "Welcome to Ohio ~ Home of Howberley". :D

howie6267
09-12-2005, 11:58 AM
Welcome to Ohio? It will say welcome to Howberley. LOL Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

TakinBabySteps
09-12-2005, 01:57 PM
That is really cool. Congrats to you both!

boiaby
09-12-2005, 02:03 PM
How cool!! I LOVE the picture too! I think it's great that the local paper did a story on the two of you. Just think of how inspiring it will be for the folks in your town to read about real people, in their neck of the woods, losing large amounts of weight and really getting healthy! It may just be the beginning of the Howberley revolution! Can I have your autograph too?? :^: ;)

Beverly

howie6267
09-12-2005, 02:27 PM
It seems like it is just the beginning. People Magazine has just contacted us and wants to do an article and photo shoot for there new Magazine Your Diet. This is so cool. I hope it works out with me having surgery and all I don't know what there time line will be.

dragonwoman64
09-12-2005, 02:29 PM
very cool pic, great story :)

you guys look fantastic, congratulations

barbygirl43
09-12-2005, 03:11 PM
Howie that is really awesome since it seems most magazines nowadays want to just focus on those who can lose weight quick or have some gimick to help them along instead of eating sensibly and exercising.

Amanda Panda
09-12-2005, 03:56 PM
That is so great guys! I always love reading articles about people who have lost lots of weights - they are inspiring aren't they?

Kimberley - I am loving your new avatar - you are looking really slim these days!

Love Amanda x

Gardenwife
09-12-2005, 04:12 PM
*Giggle* I'm just so tickled by you guys. Thanks so much for sharing in the fun with us! Like Howie said, looks like we can look forward to a photoshoot and interview for "Your Diet" magazine, a startup by People magazine's publishers. The writer from People said the circulation's 500,000!! Good grief! :faint:

I hope they get good photos. LOL Since they have to be ready for press by November, they'll want to take the photos prior to his back surgery, she said. How exciting is this?! Hope they'll have Howie's blog mentioned in the article - that would be so cool.

Jen415
09-12-2005, 05:11 PM
Wow! TV ~AND~ Print??? Most Hollywood celebs pray for coverage like that! :):)

I am thrilled for you all!! :)

Gardenwife
09-12-2005, 05:26 PM
No TV, at least not that we knew of! We don't know if they'll show photos from house parties Tuesday night or not. I'll tell ya what I would *really* love, and that's a chance to see Ellen Degeneres in person. Howie's such a trooper, and I think she'd get a kick out of him. I know I do. :)

boiaby
09-12-2005, 05:37 PM
How exciting, our very own celebrities!! (Of course you two were already celebrities to us anyways.) All right, you think I'm kidding about the autograph thing don'tcha?? C'mon give it up!! ;) :D

Beverly

frenchiepolarbear
09-12-2005, 05:41 PM
Great idea with the picture!!

You are now celebrities;)

DishyFishy
09-12-2005, 05:49 PM
:bravo: You two are quite the superstars! <me drops a curtsey>

Just imagine how many people's lives you might influence for the good with circulation figures like that. I hope you don't get too :snooty: for the likes of us! :D

tuckytex
09-12-2005, 06:31 PM
way to go you guys! You are celebrities!
Danica

Gardenwife
09-12-2005, 10:11 PM
You can bet we're going to push 3fatchicks.com when she asks what factors have helped us! You guys are a big part of why we've been able to do this. Without getting all mushy, let me say we appreciate you all more than you'll ever, ever know. We're thrilled to have the opportunity to encourage people with our story. Howie, especially, is an inspiration with how he's persevered in spite of the pain he endures. Good grief, how could we ever do it without the comradery we have with you here?? The smiles we get reading the posts are soo needed some days. Thank YOU.

SuchAPrettyFace
09-13-2005, 12:11 AM
Wow! Celebrities in our midst! :) I LOVE 'Your Diet', wish they published it more often, or that they would let me subscribe!

I think that's awesome they chose you, congratulations!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Gardenwife
09-13-2005, 12:14 AM
We've never seen the magazine, so we're looking forward to the issues she's sending us. Howie said we'd love it if they'd give us a subscription. Can't hurt to ask! ;)

Gardenwife
09-13-2005, 12:43 AM
Pookie, you're such a character -- we're going to miss your posts while you're recovering from surgery! You've gotta get back online FAST! :D

howie6267
09-13-2005, 12:57 AM
I've not seen it yet. It's new so I'm sure they will have subscriptions. I asked for one for doing the article.

SuchAPrettyFace
09-13-2005, 01:01 AM
We've never seen the magazine, so we're looking forward to the issues she's sending us. Howie said we'd love it if they'd give us a subscription. Can't hurt to ask! ;)Oh you will love it! Real stories about real people, health articles, food articles, good pictures. One of the things they have is a feature called "Eat this page" & it's got a breakfast, lunch & dinner, plus snacks & they tell how much calories & etc is in everything, and the nutritional value & etc.

They will also show people & they all tried different plans & the plans--all worked for them! So it's pretty encouraging, to see REAL people succeeding, at different things, no one plans fits everyone, etc.

Another thing they do is recipe redux, like last year they had an Atkins Thanksgiving.

I am very excited. Howberley is inspiring enough all on their own, right here. But you'd be an awesome feature for the magazine. :)

Promise me if I send you one, you'll autograph me a copy? :s:

Oh & I did ask to be a charter subscriber, they sent me my check back & a nice letter saying how they were not set up for that yet. :( Too bad, perhaps it has changed.

OH!!! :dance: another thing they have is a "Seasonal Treat" page--for Easter it was peeps, peanut butter eggs, jellybeans, etc Easter basket things basically & it had the calories & nutritional info for each thing. They did the same @ Halloween. :)

Gardenwife
09-13-2005, 01:12 AM
Sounds great! I can't wait to get it.

Jen415
09-13-2005, 08:10 AM
How often is the mag published--quarterly or every other month? Hopefully not LESS!!

ChocLabLover
09-13-2005, 08:20 AM
Let us know what issue the article is going to be in. I am not sure that we get the Mag in Canada (Dee, have youever heard of it?) but I will keep a look out for the issue.

newfiedarling
09-13-2005, 08:56 AM
No, I haven't - but I'm not a real big magazine buff.

~Dee

glynne
09-13-2005, 09:30 AM
Can you buy that magazine at the store, or is the only way to get to subscribe to it? Keep us posted what issue your story will be in.

mezmerize
09-13-2005, 09:52 AM
That magazine does sound great! I'm going to keep my eye out for it! This is so so wonderful! I'm so happy for you guys I could just burst!!! :dance: :hat: :cp: :dancer: :woo: :goodvibes

irishgreengables
09-13-2005, 10:26 AM
What I love Kimberly and Howie is that you are losing weight without any gimmicks and America will see that. I love that they have chosen you guys for this story because you have had such huge barriers to overcome with Howie's back -- and you were still able to do it...without any fad dieting. Plus you guys are so HOT now that the before and after photos are amazing (Kimberly, you look like a model in your new avatar -- love those cheekbones and dimples).

lucky
09-13-2005, 10:52 AM
WOW! How exciting for the two of you - not to mention the rest of us! I've not been posting here long but I've been reading for some time now. It isn't just your weight loss that is so inspiring but your attitudes through it all. Really, you both seem like amazing people to me.

Forget seeing Ellen Degeneres in person - she ought to have you ON THE SHOW! Hey, and she gives really COOL gifts to her guests too.

Also, the pants picture is awesome. It makes me regret not having kept any of my bigger clothes. I've got a few sweaters from 20 or so pounds ago but nothing from my heaviest days. The sweaters are so big now that I'd be really interested in seeing how those XXL's would fit now.

boiaby
09-13-2005, 01:37 PM
This magazine sounds great!! I've never seen it before, so I hope it will be available in my area soon. I can't wait to see our famous Howberley's smiling faces in print!! Please keep us posted with details as soon as you get them.

Beverly

howie6267
09-13-2005, 03:50 PM
I just got off the phone with People Magazine and she said that they are just doing issues as the get the advertisement sold right now. They hope to become a full fledged magazine soon but are just in the startup stage now. My issue will come out in January and that is the next issue. She also wants the email address of the 3 fat chicks and may do an article on this site if they want to. How cool is that. I love the idea of being able to give back to the site that I get so much from.

alphabetsoup
09-13-2005, 11:30 PM
You guys are FAMOUS!! :cool:

What a great choice they made with you two. I know you'll really be an inspiration.

Let us know when you hear from Ellen. :D

irishgreengables
09-14-2005, 08:50 AM
okay so admittedly, we don't watch TV (don't even have one except the small one with DVD player for movies) so I have no idea what the show is (excpet what I've read in mags etc.) How is Ellen connected and will she really call you?

howie6267
09-14-2005, 10:50 AM
No Ellen is not connected at all. Kimberley would just really like to go to her show. So would I for that fact. Kimberley was just dreaming that with our weight loss article in the news paper and now the magazine that we might be able to take it another level.

Gardenwife
09-14-2005, 12:19 PM
One of those "couldn't hurt to ask" kinds of things. My dream would be to get on Ellen and be able to encourage lots and lots of people that they're worth the effort to lose weight and be healthy. Now, if she gave us a Jaccuzzi* for Howie's back, that would just be icing on the cake. ;) LOL!!

* Regular watchers of her show will know there's a vast difference between a Jaccuzzi and a hottub. ;)

irishgreengables
09-14-2005, 12:26 PM
One of those "couldn't hurt to ask" kinds of things. My dream would be to get on Ellen and be able to encourage lots and lots of people that they're worth the effort to lose weight and be healthy. Now, if she gave us a Jaccuzzi* for Howie's back, that would just be icing on the cake. ;) LOL!!

* Regular watchers of her show will know there's a vast difference between a Jaccuzzi and a hottub. ;)

Oh I get it now. :D Thanks. That would be really cool. You know, when my 14 m.o. was 6 months, she was hospitalized for pneumonia and I stayed with her. I watched Ellen in the mornings but I kept having to turn it off because I was laughing so hard, I was shaking and waking my baby up. SHe is HILARIOUS!

jiffypop
09-14-2005, 01:55 PM
you two are just plain adorable!

jmacway
09-20-2005, 07:40 PM
I love the picture! What an inspiration you two are!

Sandi
09-20-2005, 10:48 PM
Well how cool is that?? An article in a magazine. I will want yot yo autograph my copy too!!!!! What a great opprotunity.

I bet we end us seeing you on Ellen!

luflic
09-21-2005, 02:50 PM
You two really are an inspiration in more ways than those pants show! That picture is remarkable

Gardenwife
09-21-2005, 04:33 PM
Thanks, you guys! We've got to figure out what we want to wear for the magazine thingie. I might wear the same shirt, but I think I need new jeans. ;) Not sure what H plans.

Gardenwife
10-11-2005, 06:01 PM
The interviewer came out today to gather facts for the writer at People. He was such a cool guy, works out of his home in Cleveland and is very personable. Aside from his taking notes on a legal pad, it seemed more like we were just having a fun conversation. He asked us some computer questions while he was here, too -- we're always happy to talk tech.

The photographer is coming out next Tuesday, so I have a week to change my mind many times over what to wear. Ack! Still, this is very exciting...And what an opportunity to encourage people. We're very thankful.

We asked the writer if she'd mention thehman.com and 3fatchicks.com specifically since both are such a big part of our success -- we'll see!

amylizmc
10-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Wow! Congratulations, you two. This is really inspiring!

barbygirl43
10-12-2005, 09:53 AM
that is so awesome. Sounds like a great interview. I know the ones I did always turned out best when it felt like we were just talking and I wasn't grilling someone :D

Jen415
10-12-2005, 10:06 AM
Awesome Howberley!! Can't wait to see you all in print!

Definitely get new jeans! Find a pair that accentuates your new curviness!

Gardenwife
10-12-2005, 03:25 PM
I have one pair of jeans I like, but the doggoned rivet/button at the waistline broke. I'll need to fix it or wear a belt or safety pin to keep the fabric from flipping out and looking like a pointy umbilical hernia. :D

Gardenwife
10-14-2005, 02:06 PM
The photographer called and said it will be early November before she can travel out this way. That's fine with us -- gives us time to lose more and maybe pick up some new duds. ;)

barbygirl43
10-14-2005, 02:19 PM
That's cool and look at you—7 pounds from ONEderland. :D

Gardenwife
10-14-2005, 02:44 PM
I can't WAIT. And when I get down to goal, I intend to get a new driver's license. My old one will somehow get "lost".

missaprylj
10-14-2005, 04:16 PM
WOHOOO!!!! I don't know WHERE I've been, but I missed all this excitement!! This is so awesome, I can hardly stand it! Very, very, very cool. You must be so proud of yourselves. :D :goodvibes:

Gardenwife
10-14-2005, 04:30 PM
Thanks! Yes, we're proud of what we've accomplished, but also very humbled that we can be part of a bigger plan. The opportunity to encourage people in this way is, well, nothing we'd have ever dreamed possible. It's very cool. :)

Jen415
10-14-2005, 04:35 PM
There's no telling how many people you have blessed, encouraged and inspired with your story! Glad you are taking advantage of the opportunity!

Gardenwife
11-04-2005, 01:47 AM
Well, as it stands now, a photography crew will be here on Monday, November 14. They're sending a hair & makeup stylist, wardrobe stylist, photographer and his assistant. Un-freaking-believable to every-day people like us. We're to let the wardrobe person know what sizes we wear and style preferences, and they'll shop for clothes. We *might* get to keep some of the clothes if alterations have to be done on them. Otherwise, they return them to the stores after the event.

Still...To have portraits taken in spiffy duds with good lighting and all...WOW.

So, why do I have this fear? I think about how I've been at a plateau lately and just struggling in general. I know I have the power to lose this weight and to keep it off, yet I have this fear of gaining it back and looking like a fool after the story goes to print. Ack!! Just nerves, I guess.

irishgreengables
11-04-2005, 09:35 AM
I think that fear is so understandable and so common. Remember the recent thread about being afraid to get to goal (was that here or in Supprt?)? I think losing weight is a scary proposition. It does change our lives and that can be scary. It also carries with it the weight, if you will, of accountability. And the pain of unsupportive people who will be waiting for us to gain our weight back. Finally, there is the disquieting reality that with weight loss will come life changes that might not feel comfortable. It is very similar to the couple with one alcoholic member who gets sober. Often times, the sobriety leads to divorce because the comfort of consistency is destroyed. Even though we do not enjoy being overweight, it IS comfortable. It is what we know. It is what other people know of us and, unfortunately, in some cases, it is why some people "love" us (the sister-in-law, for example, who is thrilled not to be the only chubby person in the family; the mother who feels loved by her son's lust for her food). To add a public declaration of one's weight loss success adds the extra pressure of fame, no matter how large or small) to the mix. All of this is extra pressure in this journey.

That said, you both seem to be handling it beautifully, with such grace and humor. You are already overcoming so many weight loss obstacles (Howie's back, for one) and you are still succeeding. Even with this plateau (which seems to be en vogue for this group right now, myself included), you have accomplished so much this far. Were you to stop losing now, your story would still be one of success and inspiration. I personally do not believe you will stop, though, because you have such a strong drive, a persistent attitude, a healthy plan, innumerable support, and a spirit that exudes happiness.

Plus you might get to keep the clothes.:lol:

barbygirl43
11-04-2005, 10:22 AM
I think we all fear the same thing but you getting all gussied up with new digs and makeup may just be the push you need to get you off this plateau.

lucky
11-04-2005, 10:34 AM
I think your fear is perfectly natural. I wouldn't worry too much about looking like a fool if you were to gain weight after the article comes out though. First of all, based on your posts and the support you and Howie give each other, I don't think for a second that will happen. But, even if it did, it wouldn't take away from what an accoplishment losing the weight was in the first place. I can't wait to hear how much fun it was getting the star treatment!

Gardenwife
11-04-2005, 01:58 PM
Thanks, you guys. I was having a rough night last night and all the "what if's" came up. Daylight is such a good remedy. :)

ChocLabLover
11-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Howie/Kimberly, enjoy the experience you both deserve it!

Jen415
11-04-2005, 03:14 PM
Wow, I am SO excited for you!!!!! I've always wanted to do a professional shoot with hair and make-up. Do you know which issue you will be in?

Gardenwife
11-04-2005, 03:17 PM
It should be the January 2006 issue, Jen.

Jen415
11-04-2005, 03:28 PM
SWEEEEEEET!!! I will be looking for it....tell me the title of it again! (My memory is gone, you know....;)

Gardenwife
11-04-2005, 04:40 PM
The sample issues they sent us say "Your Diet" and something about it being a People publication.

missaprylj
11-04-2005, 07:23 PM
Good luck! Have fun! :D

alphabetsoup
11-07-2005, 01:32 AM
It will just be a whirlwind of fun! I can't believe they SHOP for you! I'd make sure that it needs alterations! :p

I totally understand your fears! TOTALLY! Irish said it best - she nailed it!

Have fun! I can't wait to hear all about it! :)

Gardenwife
11-14-2005, 09:00 AM
Well, today's picture day! I've got major butterflies in the stomach. But the house is clean (mostly) and we're clean (squeakily so).

And at least we know it's their job to make us look fabulous, right? Right?! :yikes: LOL Hopefully they won't :mag: examine every bit of dog and cat hair unless it's on our clothes... ;)

The wardrobe stylist is due here at 9:30am and the rest of them at 10:30am. Think good thoughts, y'all. :hug:

Yogini
11-14-2005, 09:05 AM
You will be beautiful and Howie handsome (because you already are) so have no worries! You worked so hard to get to this point and DESERVE this! Enjoy it! ;)

Sandi
11-14-2005, 09:14 AM
I have jitters just reading about it!!! :D How cool is that? You will look so awesome! I can't wait to hear how it went!!

I can understand the fear of gaining it back. I think we all live with that. Some very high profile losers have gained. And a whole bunch have not. I think you and Howie really have a handle on the fact that this is a change for life and the changes that you make right now are the changes that you are going to have to continue for life. I am very certain that this is your time. You WILL reach goal and you will be able to make it for life!!! :hug:

Jen415
11-14-2005, 09:33 AM
I echo Sandy here....and the best part is having someone by your side with the same goals you have!

All the best today, you two!! Have fun!! And PLEASE report here to tell those of us who live vicariously through you all about it! :):):)

DishyFishy
11-14-2005, 11:31 AM
Ooh, how exciting and scary. I'll be thinking of the pair of you today and sending :goodvibes:. After they leave and you have time to catch your breath, get on over here with all the details, okay? :)

Enjoy!

Sheila53
11-14-2005, 11:44 AM
Can't wait to hear how it went! Have a good time!

glynne
11-14-2005, 02:37 PM
Can't wait to hear how it went. Hope I can find that magazine when it comes out.

barbygirl43
11-14-2005, 04:07 PM
I'm waiting to hear how it went. I'm sure y'all had a blast. :)

Gardenwife
11-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Grrrr, I had a whole post written and then my browser crashed!

We did have a great time, and it was fun getting all made up and dressed up. Aside from our wedding day, this is the only time we've had really good pictures done, too. The photographer was Jeff Sciortino (http://www.jeffsciortino.com/), and I was surprised to see he worked in medium format film -- something you don't see too much anymore. He let me have a couple of the Polaroids taken to test exposure levels.

He really put us at ease. Howie had to take several breaks to sit down, but in all it was a fun experience. He stuck to the one pose of us standing arm in arm, then did the shots of us in the pants together. "Hold her close, Howie!" he'd say, and when Howie would sqeeze me closer and I'd laugh, he'd take a shot. It was a good time. :)

The pants picture was a real trip. At first, he tried having us in them facing each other. That didn't work! We ended up getting in them the same way we did for the Advocate picture. I'd brought Howie his walking stick for support, and ended up leaning hard onto it myself. It was either that or we'd both topple to the pavement. ;) By the time he'd shot the roll of film, my hand was falling asleep from the pressure. But it'll be worth it to have that unique shot.

Since they did everything outside, there was a big shade board the assistant held up, plus the flash umbrella. Quite a few cars slowed down in passing - it was really weird. LOL

The stylist, George, arrived before everyone else, and got us situated with the clothes. All of the clothes were too large, so the outfits chosen for the shoot were safety-pinned in back so they were more form-fitting. Best, we DID get to keep whatever we'd worn; I only had the two pieces, jeans and a blouse, but Howie had several. Since they were too big, we'll take us a shopping trip into Columbus and exchange the clothes for ones that fit us. There's about $300 worth of clothes! :carrot:

Susie, the hair and makeup stylist, did a good job. My hair wasn't anything like I normally style it, but Howie said it looked good. The makeup was nice, and she tamed my bushy eyebrows.

We feel really blessed. :) It's the January 2006 issue it'll be in.

barbygirl43
11-14-2005, 04:51 PM
Aww that sounds like a great time. I love that pic of u2 standing together. I'm going to have to make sure I get me a copy of it when it comes out.

missaprylj
11-14-2005, 05:22 PM
I'd just like to reiterate that you both look AWESOME!! I'm so happy. :D

famograham
11-14-2005, 07:07 PM
Great story, Kimberley!!!
It sounds like the two of you had a great time;)
I don't know if we'll have the magazine available here in Canada...but I'd love to see it!

xoxo
Linda

Gardenwife
11-15-2005, 12:40 AM
We just got back from Columbus. The stores all took the clothes back, no problem. Howie has gift cards for Casual Male and JC Penney and is shopping online. I found a bunch of stuff at Lane Bryant -- it was even on sale, 40% off the clearance prices! We are so thankful. What a day it's been!

Sheila53
11-15-2005, 12:43 AM
Those photos are so cool, Kimberley! Love the one of the two of you looking down. You both are looking so incredible. Sounds like you had fun today with the shoot and your shopping trip. Looking forward to getting the magazine--be sure and let us know the moment it goes on the stands.

SwimGirl
11-15-2005, 12:50 AM
Kimberley - what fun!! I cannot wait to see that mag... and shopping! Thats too much fun :) What a fun day!

-Aimee

Jen415
11-15-2005, 08:06 AM
You all look awesome!!! Will look for the January issue to come out soon!

ChocLabLover
11-15-2005, 12:35 PM
Kimberly/Howie,

What a fantastic day you two had, you both deserve it. I hope we can get the magazine in Canada, I will be dying to see it! :D

boiaby
11-15-2005, 02:07 PM
Oh, how utterly exciting!! I simply cannot wait for this magazine to be released. You two are so amazing, and so deserving of this opportunity to share such an inspirational story. Thanks for the update!

Beverly

teapotdynamo
11-15-2005, 02:31 PM
That is sooooo freakin' cool... the pic is just lovely! AND they let you keep the clothes! Woo-hoo!

I'll be looking for the issue soon!

Sandi
11-15-2005, 04:15 PM
That is so awesome!! You guys deserve every bit of attention that comes your way!! I am glad it went well. Please remind us when the magazine comes out so we can all run out and buy a copy!

Gardenwife
11-16-2005, 03:42 AM
Howie took this tonight. Everything but the jacket and my boots is from our trip to Lane Bryant yesterday. The jacket I got on clearance at Land's End and it arrived today. :carrot: After going many months with just inexpensive, stretchy t-shirts and what I can find on clearance at Wal-Mart, it is so fun to have a nice outfit! I'm going to wear it to death. LOL

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=21750

teapotdynamo
11-16-2005, 04:40 AM
Kimberley, you look HOTT in that outfit!!!!! How tall are you? Those jeans/boots make your legs go on for miles!

(Don't clothes make a huge difference to how you feel? I can't *bear* wearing anything baggy anymore!)

p.s. What the heck are we doing up? :lol:

jmacway
11-16-2005, 05:37 AM
What a great adventure for you two! Great pictures too! Can't to see the story in the magazine.

glynne
11-16-2005, 07:28 AM
Kimberly ~ you're looking great!!

Jennifer and Joyce ~ your new avatar pics are nice ones of you.

irishgreengables
11-16-2005, 09:17 AM
Lady -- you are HOT! Stunning. Wear it everywhere you go!!!

puff0518
11-16-2005, 10:57 AM
VA VA VOOM!!! Kimberley!! You look absolutely amazing in that outfit! Wow. The fit of the shirt and jacket is beautiful. And the jeans make you look very slim. You also just look so happy in that picture -- the joy of clothes that FIT!!!

barbygirl43
11-16-2005, 12:47 PM
I love that outfit. It really suits you.

boiaby
11-16-2005, 01:46 PM
OMG! Kimberley, you look amazing! Isn't it remarkable how some nice fitting clothes can really showcase all the hard work you've done? Good for you! I love the new outfit.

Beverly

SuchAPrettyFace
11-16-2005, 03:01 PM
OMG YOU GUYS LOOK AMAZINGGGGG!!!

I am at work, finishing up on my lunch break & trying not to SQUEAL IN DELIGHT!!!!!

I can't wait til this issue comes out! I hope they will let us subscribe soon!

Kimberley you look STUNNING!!!!! Howie too! :bravo: :cheers:

Gardenwife
11-16-2005, 06:20 PM
Thank you so much! It feels so good to have a real outfit again! :D Here's Howie in some of the new pants, Dockers relaxed-fit chino pants. Notice, he's TUCKED IN. That's a big non-scale victory! He looks really great in those pants...And, as you can see, he was shocked he got to keep them. LOL! :devil:

howie6267
11-16-2005, 09:11 PM
You sure are free with sending that picture around. LOL. I agree with Jennifer. You look HOT!

DishyFishy
11-17-2005, 11:39 AM
The pair of look wonderful! Gorgeous outfit, Kimberley. :yes: l love that shirt, Howie! Suits you, Sir. :)

Gardenwife
11-19-2005, 02:11 AM
If anyone wants all the details, I wrote a blog entry in Shrinking the H-Man (http://www.thehman.com/blog/archives/2005/11/your_diet_magaz.php) . Friends were asking, so I just finally sat down and wrote one entry we could refer people to!

Whatever happens, 3FC people need to let People know what a great thing we all have here in the forums so 3FC can be featured in a future issue! Write letters to the editor. Storm the castle!

:carrot: Wooooo!

alphabetsoup
11-19-2005, 02:15 AM
I love that outfit you put together Kimberley - you look gorgeous and so SLIM!

I can't wait to see the article when it comes out! How exciting! I know celebrities!!! ;)

Gardenwife
11-19-2005, 02:26 AM
Hey, Laura - another nightowl, eh? Thanks! :D

alphabetsoup
11-19-2005, 02:31 AM
Oh, I'm an incurable night-owl. I'm in Seattle though so I'm not up too late...yet. ;)

Sheila53
11-19-2005, 03:36 PM
Oh, Kimberley, you look stunning in that outfit! So slim and sexy, with legs that won't quit. Wow! And, Howie, handsome as ever. That's cool that he's tucking his pants in.

howie6267
11-19-2005, 03:45 PM
She is a sexy lady aint she.