Old 09-11-2005, 10:19 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week of Sept 11th*****

Good Morning all!!!Well I didnt gain or lose for the last 2 weeks so now it is time to get the butt in gear and on the treadmill and eating right again....

Lisa--My kids loved that stress reliever..I added one really strange one!!!
Lauren--They may be a fun "sticky" Just post some "stress reliever" websites!!!!!!!

Ajand Pj--THat is the thing that is happening now..Animal rescues--The zoo only lost 2 otters and a Whooping Crane--the aquarium did not do so well but they are working on that..I think they lost over 1/2 of the fish..It was a great place to visit and will be again..NO had lots of horses and Mules that pulled carriages around..I saw where 25 were evacuated and 23 didnt have time..1 man stayed and had to swim with the 23 of them--the news said 2 at a time to higher ground when the barn flooded..They finally got them out and only 2 horses and 1 mule died..I say that man is a hero for staying with them until they were rescued. Some animals--if sick or suffering are put to sleep so they wont suffer any more..THey have been in that horrible water for almost 2 weeks or locked in houses...They are looking for "foster homes or people who can adopt" if they have puppies or kittens without homes..Here is an official website for donations(there are many that are not) http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer

Here is another website that will break your heart.http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...rina_pets.html

Hello to all....
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 09-11-2005 at 10:38 AM.
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 10:48 AM   #2  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

I posted on the wrong week - but maybe you hadnt started this thread yet?

I wish I could take them all -but DH would kill me.

Dogs, cats horses - bringem all!

This is what I posted for those that dont want to go back and read it:

Hi all!

I have missed a few days - I even missed my WI - but I will do it later today - we finally got rain here - a blessing since no rain since July 6 and we were so dry - major fire waiting to happen.

RR - I really feel for you and yes please - share with us everything - your experience puts us there with you - and I know what you mean about the animals - to me it seems wrong to not encourage people to keep there pets with them in a crisis - most people - I know I do - treat they pets like children and if they all had there "babies" with them in the shelters - there would be less sadness and fighting because they would still have that unconditional love that only a pet can give - and whe you have lost everything else - you need that. I for one would have to be drug kicking and screaming - probably at gun point- to leave my dogs behind - even the cats - the horses I would set loose and the chickens - well they are kinda dumb and hopefully would find a safe place to roost - but my dogs are my babies and they need me as much as I need them and I couldnt live with the thought of them stranded without food or water or me. The image of the little boy being ripped from his dog still kills me -

Lisa - sounds like you are in full school swing - hang in there - at least if you are studying you arent eating - LOL

LBH - Hope you got a shower in - a friend of mine used to strap her baby into his car seat and put him on the bath room floor so she could see him and talk to him while she showered and a toddler would have fun if you give them some toys and let them sit at the other end of the tub in the shower with you - but it depends on the space and the kid and like you said no AF. Good luck with that - my dogs like to shower with me but they cry the whole time acting like they are cold - big babies (little babies)

Best to everyone - chat later.
ajandpj99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 11:22 PM   #3  
Melissa

LL- what do you guys mean by reading only by the mid-terms. Maybe its an idea that I can check out. I have also been getting good grades. My GPA is 3.6 I am really surprised because usually the less classes I have the worse I do. I am taking 2 classes per semester but its 11 credits. 7 for nursing and 4 for Chemistry. We will have to have an online party when we graduate May 6 together!!!!

Karen- what is your expected grad date?

LBH and Rabbit- thanks for the encouragement!!!

RR- My co-workers name that went there is Judy Jax. She is our trauma cordinator. Maybe one day you will run into her. You never know. Nursing is a small world.

wow so many of you have posted since I have been gone. I didn't realize how much time had gone by without me posting. I've been busy with school and work and of course the family I really haven't been online too long except to read mail and check my blackboard notes for school. I have started a personal website for myself to "keep myself in check". I try to write everyday, with people reading it I feel accountable. But even with that I haven't been able to write everyday. Anyone interested in checking out the site its http://melis92270.blogspot.com . Let me know what you think.

I copied the blog here didn't know if you guys saw the last one. Hope all is well for everyone!!
ergirl2270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 08:51 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Melissa, what I meant is that by the time midterms roll around, I have given up on reading my books. I just take notes in class, and muddle along. However with my accelerated classes, I don't feel that this normal behavior can happen. (They are only 7 weeks to begin with.)
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 09:27 PM   #5  

Hi all. Just wanted to check in. Went camping this weekend and ate ALL my flex points and then some, but the scale wasn't too bad when I did a quick check this morning, and I'm back OP today, so hopefully no long term damage.

Don't have much time right now, but wanted to post something so y'all know I'm NOT disappearing again!
Legal Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 09:53 AM   #6  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Yesterday was pretty good - I ate too much salt - but calories were good - drank all my water and walked 2 miles on the school track.

Going again today.

It keeps getting light later and later - and I dont like to get up when it is dark out and cold - brrrrr.

Keep plugging along everyone - WE CAN DO IT!!!
Old 09-14-2005, 04:26 PM   #7  

hi all. I've been so busy since I last posted. I was sick for a few days and didn't get to the computer. Monday I built a basketball court and Tuesday I started my fall tennis season and had a doctor appt. Today, tennis again, bunco tonight. I think I'm getting caught up from being sick and letting everything go. Which is good because tomorrow I leave for a community rummage sale at my dad's. I'll be back Saturday. If I could just get through the invoices this afternoon . . .

Lisa - I like your mini goal!

Lauren - good luck with the job search.

RR - such sadness all around you. Hang in there.

Legal - great loss!!

Melissa - wonderful GPA!!

Tomorrow morning I am planning to leave town right after tennis so I'm going to run by my ww place and hope that they will let me weigh in. They have meetings all through the day on Thursday but not at the time that I'll be able to go and I don't want to wait around for an hour. I know the leader there really well so she will probably go ahead and weigh me.

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 10:54 PM   #8  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello all,

Things have been a little crazy around here. Little guy seems to be outgrowing naps. But man oh man, does that make for a CRANKY boy around dinner time. Whew. I don't know if my nerves are going to be able to take this stage.

I purposely have not weighed in a good long while. I put on a pair of pants that were starting to get tight the other day and, while they weren't exactly falling off loose, they were a little looser and definitely not tight! Yeah me!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 05:07 AM   #9  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Yeah Karen!!!

Rabbit--Glad U R feeling better...KNock on wood--it has been along time since I got sick!!!

Ok Lisa and ???--I have been studying and reading for the last month for a cerfication (PALS--Ped advanced Life support) and it is making me crazy..I have the test today and tomorrow..How Do U do it?????

AJ--Yeah on the walking..I do it indoors on my treadmill..Not as fun, but it is cooler and lighter..I think the time changes in October so it will be worse..

Hope everyone who lives on the coast where Ophelia is crazy is safe!!Sending prayers that way...

Karen--K has such an attitude...She can drop down and tantrum quicker than anyone I have seen...SHe will dress herself backwards and if I change something...WOW!!!

Take care...off to work and then to class at 8am!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 09:50 AM   #10  

Hi everyone. I'm just poking my head in to say hi and congrats to everyone for their great losses and work!
~*Kathleen*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 10:08 AM   #11  
Melissa

Angry

Today I am feeling very stressed. Not enough time in the day to do all that needs to be done. I wish that DH ( i could think of plenty of nasty names right now to call my husband other than DH right now )would be more helpful in my life. I go to school full time, (well 11 credits -12 actually fulltime) and work full time and he doesn't work, he just watches the kids and doesn't feel he should help with the housework cause its not a man's job. Its soooo aggrivating. This morning I had to do my son's homework with him again cause my husband lets him do it by himself and doesn't go over it with him. 5 out of the 10 sentences were totally wrong!! and he didn't even finish the assignment. So we finished it this morning. and his reply was well I am not the school type. Well its 2nd grade for god's sake- how hard could that be!! God I should have listened to my mother!!!!! Sorry for venting here.. but have no where else to scream. Talking to him is like talking to the wall!!! Hope everyone is doing well.. Lets keep losing!!!

Last edited by ergirl2270; 09-15-2005 at 10:17 AM.
ergirl2270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 10:10 AM   #12  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Just a quick hello - gotta feed the animals -

Great Job everyone and best wishes to anyone near Ophelia!
Old 09-15-2005, 10:31 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

RR. First I find out how the tests are going to be for each teacher, and some of them I have had before, so I know. Then I study to the strength of the test. There are soem teachers that I do have to read. For the most part though, I take good notes.

Talk at yall later.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 11:13 AM   #14  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Just popping in quick, sorry I've been MIA. I broke my piggy toe and have been trying to not move around too much, so I've been spending a lot of time sitting in Mom's living room...where the A/C works! BTW, mine's broken, will be fixed Saturday.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 11:19 AM   #15  

Hi all! Lost another 1.6# this week, so I'm happy. Just have to keep it up!

Rabbit - glad you're feeling better!

Karen - congrats on the looser pants!

RR - good luck on your test!

ergirl - I'm sorry, but if I worked full-time and went to school full-time and all my DH did was stay home with the kids....he'd have to do most of the housework. He'd expect you to do it if the situation was reversed wouldn't he? I know keeping up with kids all day is hard work, but he could at least make sure their homework is done properly. Sorry, know it's none of my business....

Hope everyone has a great day!

LE
Legal Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote