Support Groups - Slimmin SAHMmies!!!

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Slimmin SAHMmies!!!

SicknTired
09-10-2005, 11:02 PM
Hello Slimmin SAHMmies!! This is for all of us stay at home moms who in addition to losing weight and becoming healthy, have issues with their children. Please join us, introduce yourselves, and WELCOME!! We hope you find the support you are looking for and success in all that you do! I look forward to getting to know you all and share our journeys together!

:goodluck: :cofdate: :cheer: :cheers: :bubbles: :df: :balloons: :grouphug: :woo: :flow2: :idea: :dance: :cb: :jig: :wave: :listen:

SicknTired
09-10-2005, 11:09 PM
Let's see, I live in NY and am 32 years old. I was a special education teacher before I had my children and am looking to go back once all of the kids are in school.
Hello. I hope everyone makes it here!! I will start with an intro so we can get to know each other.

My name is PJ and I am a SAHM to my 4 children. My oldest is 5 and just starting kindergarten. My other three are 2 and keep me busy! :bb: :bb: :bb:

Anyway, I have always had a problem with my weight. I re started yet again and was over 300 pounds. I would love to get to 135ish but for now am looking to get to 200. I don't follow any specific plan, but incorporate both South Beach and Weight Watchers. I weigh in once a week on Mondays. I am trying to build up my stamina and exercise more and more as the days go by. As you all know, that is not the easiest thing to accomplish when you have little ones at home! :yes: :yes: :yes:

Now it is your turn!!

Alchina
09-10-2005, 11:13 PM
Hi PJ! Well I am not a SAHM but I am a mommie of 2; do you mind if I join in?

RLK2005
09-10-2005, 11:21 PM
Hello ladies. I found the new thread! Yeah me! I didn't do great while I was away--in fact I put on weight. It's a little discouraging but I am ready to get back into the scheme of things.

Here's my intro: I am a SAHM, 27 years old. I have boy/girl twins that will be 2 in November. I have 60 lbs to lose and I joined weight watchers a couple weeks ago. I have struggled with weight forever but put on like 30 lbs after I started staying home so this is my highest weight. I need all the help I can get.

I saw on the last thread that some of you have lost so CONGRATS on that!!!!

Later...Rikki

Alchina
09-10-2005, 11:24 PM
Hello all!! My name is Andrea, and I have always been the chunky overweight girl. I have been doing WW since 1-2004, I am stuck and have not been able to loose anymore weight about 6 months now. Last week I started Tae-bo, and love it, I'm hoping that will kick start my body so I can reach my WW goal. Although I am not a SAHM my DH is a SAHD, we have 2 boys Daniel (8) and Dylan (4).They are qiute the pair! I live in Michigan near Metro Detroit.

My oldest son is following in my footsteps with his nutruition and I'm a little worried, he is always giving us a hard time about food choices, any suggestion?

CynthiaB
09-11-2005, 09:58 AM
Hi PJ! Thanks for the thread! Wow, you have triplets? You really have your hands full. How exciting!

Rikki: And you have twins! Instead of Slimmin SAHMmies, this thread should be Motivated Multiples! :D Well, don't worry about your setback. Sometimes we need those once in awhile to remind ourselves to keep working hard. I bet you'll lose a lot this week. What day do you weigh?

Andrea: You are more than welcome here! As far as your 8yo is he trying to keep you on track with your diet, or making it harder to stay focused? Maybe you can involve him in the kitchen while cooking and that would keep him occupied and feeling important. Good luck with your weight loss goals!

As for me, I'm 36 and the mother of a one-year-old boy. I, too, have always struggled with my weight. It used to make me depressed until a couple years ago I finally became at peace with myself. I still wanted to lose, but decided not to hate myself in the meantime. Then I got pregnant and the whole weight loss thing fell away. I only gained 11 pounds the entire pregnancy (pretty good considering he weighed 9 pounds), and now I've finally embarked on a change of lifestyle. I'm not doing any specific diet (just making better choices), and I exercise almost every day. I weigh in on Saturdays and will post the results here every week, good or bad.

I currently live in Tennessee but will soon be moving back to the Atlanta area. Besides the two-legged child, I have 9 furry four-legged children (actually, one has only 3 legs), i.e., cats.

That's all. Hope to hear from more of you. Let's keep each other motivated. I've only been on this forum a few weeks but words can't express how much it has helped so far.

Cindy

karmasdogma
09-11-2005, 01:09 PM
Ok, a dieting intro from me. On my 39th birthday I weighed 235, my highest weight ever. Both of my parents died of cancer in their early 60's. I figured that if I didn't change my bad eating habits and get my weight in control then this would be my last 20 years on the planet. I started eating more healthy foods in Feb 2005. I began exercising in Mar 2005. By summer I had lost about 40 pounds. And there I stayed, all summer long. I maintained my weight loss but could not seem to lose any more. In early Aug 2005, I joined Nike Running and signed up to walk a half marathon. I have done all of the training and tons more and still I was stuck at a pound or two above or below 191 lbs. I joined WW last week just to mix things up and hopefully rattle some pounds off. Last week I was lurking around the 3FC WW forum and found a description of the "Wendie Plan", a modification of WW where you plan super high points days and very low days into your week. I think the point is that when doing the same diet over a long time, your body's metabolism gets used tothe amount of food you are eating and the amount of exercise you are doing and it gets harder to lose. The Wendie Plan tries to ingrease the metabolism by mixing things up alot each week. Guess what, I tried it and lost 3 pounds so far this week. I have no idea if it is because the Wendie Plan or not. But I am happy to get out of the 190's (hopefully for good this time.) This forum has really helped me so far and I hope I can help you guys too. If nothing else, I will be here to celebrate your successes and to help problem solve when things get tough. More about me and my fam. another time when they are not clamoring for my attention, as they are now. This was kindof dry and serious for me. Usually I'm a bit more witty and irreverent. ttfn - lara

Alchina
09-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

Cindy, I can't believe you have 9 cats, how are they with your son? As for my son, he is very proud of me for what I've done, as he says, Mom your not fat anymore! My husband and I are signing him up for Tae kown do, he needs the exercise (couch potato). We are hoping that will help his weight issue (huskey)(very huskey).

We have 5 leopard gekos, and are expecting our new four legged baby around Christmas,(a boxer puppy). My husband and I are very excited, the boys don't know about it yet! (suprise)

Rikki and PJ how do you girls handle multiples, it MUST be very challanging?

Alchina
09-11-2005, 02:07 PM
Hi Lara! Welcome, Sorry I missed that in my post!!

loosinbabyfat
09-11-2005, 05:02 PM
Hi Ladies!! Nice to get to know you all a little :)

My name is Becca, I'm 25 and happily married. We have 3 beautiful kiddos ages 4, 3, and almost 2 (next month!!) We hope to have one more someday, but havent' been able to recently. Now that I'm being forced to take a break from having a baby, I'm focusing on loosing 20+ lbs :) My goal is 20 by Christmas and then I"ll see how I feel about loosing more. :)

Alchina
09-11-2005, 05:34 PM
Welcome Becca! WOW you have your hands full too, your days must be full of adventure!!

CynthiaB
09-11-2005, 10:02 PM
Hi Becca and Lara, glad to see you here! Lara, that's interesting about your metabolism. I was worrying about that myself. Not yet, but eventually I'm sure I'll get to that fabled plateau, and it's nice to know there are things to do to get over it.

Andrea, the cats are great with my son. I prepped them well ahead of his arrival, including installing a screen door on his nursery so they can see in and not worry, yet can't get in and bother him. But now that he's walking, he's the one bothering them! Most of them leave him alone, but one in particular really likes him and brings him things. (Example, tonight while he was on the floor playing and I was making dinner, she carried a comb from my bathroom and deposited it next to him, and then brought him the top from a water bottle.)

Oooh, you're getting a puppy! (Shhh..... I promise to keep it a secret, too!) Puppies are wonderful...if puppy breath could be bottled and sold, I'd place my order right now! And boxers are SUCH great dogs. They are smart and loyal and great with kids.

Back to the issue at hand, I did absolutely NO exercise this weekend! None! But I ate okay, so that's at least one hurdle cleared. How was everyone else's weekend?

Cindy

carafre
09-11-2005, 10:19 PM
Hi all! I am a 28 year old SAHM to Riley (will be 3 in Nov.) and Talon (1). I started putting on weight right after my husband and I were married. Not that I was ever skinny. I was about 150 then. Slowly my weight started to climb to 170. No matter how much I exercised, my weight wouldn't go down. Then I became pregnant and miscarried. I was depressed for months. It was then after moving here to Memphis that I found out I have hypothyroidism. After being on thyroid meds for several months I started to lose weight. It was then that I became pregnant w/ my daughter. I went into a depression funk when she was about 6 months old. I packed on more pounds. I was 200 pounds the day I found out I was pregnant w/my son. When my son was 7 months old I weighed 220. That was my lowest point. I cried and tried to lose weight. I stayed at 215 until recently. I found this forum and became so emotional when I found other ladies like myself. I have anxiety about lots of things. But since I've chatted with you guys I am getting so much better. Cindy - you are so right, words can't express how much this means... I've been a walking fool. I walk atleast once in the day and "bike" on the recumbant bike 45minutes each night. I try to eat the best I can w/o beating myself up. I haven't had a binge or an emotinal buffet breakdown.

I am so happy that you guys are losing. Welocome Andrea! So glad to have ya here. How wonderful for you - 60 lost!

Take care. With many thanks and smiles!!!!
carafre

RLK2005
09-11-2005, 10:56 PM
Hello Ladies! Wow, you guys have made my day! I am so glad we are here to support each other. I have not had a good eating day and I didn't exercise and I didn't drink much water so I have nothing positive to report! Sorry. :(

Cindy: I weigh in on Tuesday night. I will post the results but I am worried. For some reason, once I "fail", I find it hard to get back on plan. It's frustrating. :?:

Lara: I will have to check into that Wendie Plan. I will try to find it tonight. I am doing WW, too, so we can figure that out together!

Carafre: I totally relate to you! It is so hard when the weight just keeps going up every year. I look back at my weight when I got married (which was about 150 for me, as well) and I would love to be back there yet I thought I was a cow then.

Andrea: Wow--60 lbs lost! I can't imagine! That's my goal so I hope I can do it. That's so great. Multiples are all I know so that's how I handle it. I think adding just one more baby makes such a big difference so I am not sure how PJ does with triplets! I thought I would go insane :crazy: in the beginning but they are so, so fun now.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you all had a good weekend. I better get moving so I can get to bed at a decent time. Have a great week! :D

Rikki

mommy9802
09-11-2005, 11:02 PM
My name is Alisha and i am 22 years old and a mother of two boys. My first is Caleb who is 3 and my second is Cameron which is 6 almost 7. And i have been doing the Atkins diet for approx. 2 weeks and have lost a total of 9 pounds *go me* But i am in desperate need to loose alot more. I would like to weigh about 135pounds so that means i have approx 76 pounds to go, so i know i have quiet a journey ahead of me. But this site has given me so much insperation and motivation to keep going. I have not been this motivated in a while. The only thing i really need help with is incorporating more EXCERCISE. Like everyone else, i just CAN NOT seem to find the time. But i know i need too. So if you guys have room for another, i would like to join Slimmin SAHMmies. Have a good night everyone.

Alisha

RLK2005
09-11-2005, 11:12 PM
Welcome Alisha!

lovingmysailor
09-11-2005, 11:53 PM
Hi Everyone,

My name is Tricia and I am a SAHM to 4 kids, DD 9, DS 6, DS 3, DD 1. My husband is in the Navy and we are currently in San Diego. I homeschool my two oldest and I also just became a Representative with Avon. So as you can imagine, I'm pretty busy.

I have about 60 pounds to lose. I am planning on trying Body for Life again. I've always had good results but I can never stick to it. I think my biggest problem is my eating out. I do it way too much, especially when my hubby is gone, which he is right now. :( It just seems easier to go grab something to eat than rather try to cook with little ones running around. I guess that's about it as far as the intro goes.

I'm really glad this thread is here now. Being a SAHM makes the battle with weight really hard. You are home all day and food is always available and it is so easy to just sit and do nothing when you don't have anywhere to go....at least for me. Well I better get, I need to get the kiddos to bed so I can have a little P&Q. Bye for now. :wave:

loosinbabyfat
09-12-2005, 09:31 AM
Hi & welcome!! :)

I agree that being a SAHM makes it hard to loose.... I always feel like I should be cleaning or doing something w/ the kids instead of working out. And then when they eat snacks I often sneak a bite or two :) trying not to tho!! :D

karmasdogma
09-12-2005, 03:30 PM
Hi Alisha - We have the same goal weight. You lost 9 pounds in about 2 weeks, what a great start. That is really motivating. I have to focus on shorter term goals like losing the 1st 10% because my goal weight seems so far away at times.

I totally did not exercise when my son, now 10, was small, I could never find the time. I consider it a success that he and I both survived his colick, ear infections, terrible twos and threes, tantrums, clinging etc. Fortunately, in between each episode, he was the sweetest little angel. I hope some other moms can give some practical ideas.

Hi Andrea - Congrats on losing 60 lbs. That's great. And 20 more pounds by thanksgivingday, you go girl! Can I join you in your (mega) Mini Goal? Losing 20 pounds in 9 or 10 weeks would be a very serious, but realistic push for me. I better get off my butt and get to the gym, NikeRunning has me doing 5 miles on the treadmill today but it wont happen unless I put away the Guiltless (yeah right) Gourmet Black Bean chips, brush the crumbs off the keyboard, and get to the gym.

Nice to hear from you all - Lara

CynthiaB
09-12-2005, 09:40 PM
Good evening, everyone! I was feeling very unmotivated today. After an exercise-free weekend, I felt like a slug and had no energy. I really had to force myself to go into the garage and address the Bowflex machine. But I did it, and I feel much better. Also did my cardio this afternoon and took my son for a walk this evening. It's amazing how much better you can feel after exercising. Must get some sort of hormone or endorphin flowing (what do I know, I'm no doctor!).

I was wondering if anyone could share some snack ideas. At night I get really snacky and want to eat, eat, eat. Lately I've been drinking a ton of tea and it sort of helps, but then I'm in the bathroom all night long because of the caffeine. I like popcorn but not the microwave kind; I cook it the old-fashioned way, in oil, which I'm sure isn't good. Yes, I have the mini carrots on-hand all the time but I usually have them for lunch and don't feel like having them in the evening. I'm just out of ideas for a healthy yet satisfying snack. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cindy :corn:

SicknTired
09-12-2005, 09:54 PM
Hello everyone! So glad to see we haev some new gals that are joining us here! Welcome one and all!
Cindy I like you did no exercise over the weekend. I also was not the best food wise either. But today I was back on track 100%. For snacks I like to have fat free frozen yogurt, cheese stick, celery with reduced fat PB, or if I need something crunchy, maybe pretzels or dry cereal. Hope this helps!
PJ

SicknTired
09-12-2005, 09:58 PM
Hi Lara! Did you make it to the gym? How long does 5 miles take you to do on the treadmill?

Becca
I know what you mean about always should be doing something else besides exercising. For now I am just trying to get soem walking in. I will take the kids with me sometimes. The house work will always be there for me when I get back.
As for their snacks, yes it is hard not to munch on them. I try to have better snacks in the house, like pretzels, goldfish, reduced fat cookies or just stuff that I don't like. Now i am trying to write everything down that I eat to make me accountable for it. All those little bits add up!!
PJ

SicknTired
09-12-2005, 10:00 PM
Hi Tricia and welcome! WOw you are busy! Is it ahrd to homeschool the 2 children while the younger two are home? You sound like you have very full days! I hope yoru lil one sleeps through the night for you!
PJ

RLK2005
09-12-2005, 10:03 PM
Hello all!

Cindy--I am with you--I feel very unmotivated now that I am out of habit on the exercise thing. I just didn't feel like it! :-) I need to get my but moving. I did see myself in the mirror tonight and was SHOCKED at how big I looked. :-(

Snack ideas?? I do love popcorn, which you mentioned. Otherwise, chips and fresh salsa or fat free pretzels with honey mustard.

Later...Rikki

SicknTired
09-12-2005, 10:07 PM
Hi Andrea and welcome. I am worried about my older daughter as well. I don't want her to follow in my footsteps eating wise. In school last year she did study the food pyramid and what she should be eating so we try to use that as guidelines. I tell her only one snack a day. I try to get her out and active. I don't want her to lead a sedentery life style. Even if we just walk up the hill and back, at least it is something. The doc tells me not to worry about her lack of fruits and veggies in her diet, but to keep trying to introduce them to her. What I am doing as well, is usinga juicer and adding some veggie juice to her 100% fruit juices. Also I will add that to my baking as well. I will take a cake mix, add apple sauce for the oil and carrot juice and any otehr fruit juice for the water. I will add egg whites as well and bake. It doesn't taste the same as regular cake, but she eats it. I am hoping that when she gets older she will eat a more balanced diet.
PJ

carafre
09-12-2005, 10:07 PM
I know how you feel! I think the reason I am still exercising alot is because I LOVE how I feel afterward. My husband says that it is endorphins that are released during exercise. Good for you, getting some time on the bowflex and walking. If I feel like I don't want to exercise, I 'll make myself atleast put my shoes on and do five minutes of whatever! Usually I end up finishing my routine.

As far as snack ideas, the only thing I would suggest is protein/fiber of some sort. Like an ounce or two of cheese, light, whole wheat/grain toast, or a banana (small). I miss my evening snack the most. I don't eat after 7:30 p.m.. That was so hard for me. I am (was) a night snacker for a long time. But I read somewhere that if you can't do anything else - atleast stop eating 3 hours before bed. I have dinner about 5/6 then we walk. After walking I have a snack - whatever i feel like eating. Usually a fruit smoothie w/flaxseed meal. I know that sounds weird, but it tastes so good! My mom says I am crazy. She will never (said w/ extreme emphasis on never) ever give up her icecream & popcorn snack before bed!!

Didn't mean to post so much - can you tell I have no friends? LOL! Hope I helped some!
Take care
carafre

SicknTired
09-12-2005, 10:12 PM
Cindy
You have 9 cats?? YIKES!! That is a lot of cats! I wish we could have a pet, besides fish. I am highly allergic to cats and I don't think I can handle a dog right now. Down the road though, I am getting me a dog!
PJ

SicknTired
09-12-2005, 10:16 PM
Lara
Wow you are doing great with your exercising! Half a marathon!! WOW! Great job with the Wendie plan.. I have heard of it, but never did it with WW. I don't think I was on WW long enough......Keep doing what you are doing.
PJ

SicknTired
09-12-2005, 10:22 PM
Becca
I know what you mean about wanting to have another baby. Youa re so young though so you have plenty of time. My hubby and I want to have more. Well he wants 2-3 more. I say go for one more, 2 or 3, I am not sure. I am not ready yet to have another baby. I know I can go back to the RE and take CLomid, but if I get pregnant with triplets again........OY VEY! LOL I need to get to a better healthier weight. I can't be on bed rest as I was on my past 2 pregnancies with 4 little ones running around.
PJ

SicknTired
09-12-2005, 10:25 PM
Carafre
I am sorry about your m/c. I know your pain.
{{HUGS}}
PJ

Shamernadi
09-12-2005, 11:44 PM
Hi everyone!! I'm new to this board and EXCITED about it!! I'm Shana. I'm 25, married to a wonderful man, John and have a beautiful daughter that I SAH with named Meredith and she will be 2 on Halloween! Right now I'm around 228lbs, I've lost a bit in the past week because I've been drinking water, I started at around 233!!! Before I got pregnant I fluctuated between 200-210. I was big but now I feel HUGE! The biggest I've been is 234 and that's when I was pregnant, and I'm not far from that now! EEEK! My first goal (and I would love to reach it right around New Year's) is to be at 200. I guess that's my mini goal even though for now I'm taking baby steps. I'm starting up on a watered down version of WW and starting full force in a few weeks. Last time I tried it I was so burnt out by the end of a few weeks because I went at it hardcore. My husband started at the same time I did and by the time I had lost 8, he had lost 25. That discouraged me for some reason, but now I see him 50 lbs thinner (which he lost in a matter of 3 months) and I'm so envious!! My ultimate goal is to reach 160 and see where to go from there. I have a really big build, always have, and I feel healthy at 160.
I can't' wait to get to know more about all of you. If anyone would like to chat on messengers my yahoo is fairyprincess808 and my MSN is shana808@hotmail.com, also feel free to PM me on here! :)

carafre
09-13-2005, 12:25 AM
PJ - Thanks. You are so sweet. Sounds like you had one too. So sorry. It's the worst. Did your family understand? Mt husband was so sweet. Everyone else couldn't understand why I was so depressed and heartbroken. Time heals - but I will never ever forget my Caid.

Hello to all. Especially our new additions! So happy to have all here. Shana - What is it about men? They can loose weight so fast! My wonderful hubby can loose ten pounds about as fast as I can eat a twinkie!!! Keep smiling! We all can do this.

take care
carafre

AFWjenny
09-13-2005, 02:53 AM
Hi!! New here and a SAHM Mommy to two gorgeous girls, Anna and Jillian. I stay home with them all day but do have a small part time job at night when my hubbs is home!! I am ready to make the commitment to exercising more and eating less. I am from AZ and its finally starting to coll off enough that I can take my girlies out on walks during the day!!

CynthiaB
09-13-2005, 10:03 AM
Carafre: I missed your intro post earlier! I don't know why my post is time-stamped before yours but is two posts later (at least on my computer), so I never went back to see what I missed. I know I've said this before, but good luck with all your goals, you deserve it, you're a wonderful person. And what do you mean you have no friends? What are we? ha-ha But I know what you mean. Now that I'm older I really don't have that many friends either. Definitely none here where I live, but we're moving back to Atlanta soon where I do have a few friends. I've moved around so much over the years, I always lose touch with people. But I do have a best friend that I take with me wherever I go... my hubby!

Cindy

CynthiaB
09-13-2005, 10:11 AM
Welcome, Shana! Good luck with your weight loss, you'll find a lot of support here. I love your avatar!

Welcome Jenny! Oooh, Arizona. I know Tennessee isn't as hot as your state normally, but I'll bet we gave you a run for your money this summer. Because of the heat, I only walk my son in the evenings. Isn't it a great way to get exercise (walking with the kids, that is)?

Thanks, everyone, for the snack ideas. I think I'll try the pretzels with mustard, and the cheese and even the smoothie (although I'm not sure what flax is and whatever it is, I KNOW I can't find it in this one-horse town!).

PJ: About the cat allergies, when we got up to 6 cats my hubby found out he was allergic. He just dealt with it, took meds once in awhile, and kept the cats out of the bedroom. I think in some cases, you get immune, because he hasn't had a problem in years (and at one point we had 13). Of course, that isn't the case with severe allergies. I'm so glad my son doesn't appear to be allergic, although how could he be? He probably was ingesting cat hair in the womb!

Take care today, ladies!

Cindy

AFWjenny
09-13-2005, 10:30 AM
Thank you for the welcome Cynthia!! Yes it is definantly alot easier to walk in the evening. Unfortunantly I work from 5 to midnight, at a pizza resturaunt (I swear it will be the death of me!!) So its hard to walk at night. The hottest it was here was about 115*f. I am originally from Fl so the heat didnt get to me too much!!

Shamernadi
09-13-2005, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the welcome everyone!! I need to commit a little time later when my daughter's not being insane and read all of the posts here so I can get to know a little about everyone! I feel kind of in the dark!
Cindy, I found the avatar on avatarhell.com, they had all kinds of HILARIOUS ones!! :)
Carafre, Tell me about it.. And it literally happened about that fast for my husband. It was like for everytime I was a little lienient on my diet, I would gain 5 lbs back and everytime he ate a freaking apple he would lost 5 lbs.. It seriously makes me want to throw up!! LOL

I'll be back later to check in, so far my day's going pretty good diet wise!!

carafre
09-13-2005, 12:41 PM
everytime i want to post, my litttle one wakes up! everyone is doing such a great job! I'll check in later!
carafre :dizzy:

AFWjenny
09-13-2005, 02:59 PM
I did "some" yoga, I haven't really done it before so I started with some easy poses. I hope to get better and better at it. I also did some light exercise got my heart rate up for a little while. I will be taking my wee ones for a walk when they get up from their nap!!

SicknTired
09-13-2005, 10:17 PM
Hi Ladies....just a quickie, do we want to keep posting here and add pages or should we re start a thread every 3 pages or so?? Just let me know or someone else feel free to start a new one. Have a great night ladies! {{HUGS}} PJ

Alchina
09-13-2005, 11:15 PM
Hello ladies!!

I had my WI today and I must say the Tae-Bo really helped me 2.8 ibs loss!! you all post alot I'm tring to keep up! Thanks to all for the great welcome and support! I amy one wants to join me on my Thanksgiving challange they are more than welcome! I say challange because I'm sure it will be! I'm not sure if I can lose all 20 but i'm going to do my best!

Any watch the season opener of The Biggest Loser? It really made me think, if the can do all that exercise weighing almost 400 lbs. than so can I! And I did my Tae-Bo for 1 hour after watching it! It is very inspiring!!

WELCOME TO EVERYONE WHO HAS JOINED US!!

Alchina
09-13-2005, 11:16 PM
I vote for just posting here for a while

RLK2005
09-13-2005, 11:39 PM
Hello everyone! Wow, there are a lot of posts which is GREAT! Welcome to the new ladies. I am glad we are a growing group. I had my weigh in today and gained 0.2 but I am glad it was that small of a weigh in.

Lara--you did clomid, too? that's how I got my twins. My hubby and I are thinking about more but it's looking like we would have to do clomid again and can we risk it?? I would totally do twins again but it would be nice to have one. It's hard because everyone around me is pregnant right now and it is a constant reminder that I can't just get pregnant like that!! Sorry it's a little touchy today because I took a pg test earlier. Negative, of course, which is good, right? I really don't want to be pregnant at this weight (just 15 lbs away from my highest preg weight!).

Well, sorry to go on and on with that subject. I am ready for this new week (my weeks start on Tues because that's my WW meeting night). I have a goal sheet made and groceries bought and recipes ready!!

Good job on everyone else's successes. Later..Rikki

mommy9802
09-13-2005, 11:43 PM
Good Evening Ladies! I just wanted to drop a couple of lines to share some good news. I have dropped another two pounds, which means i am up to 11 pounds lost. I am so EXCITED! And i have also managed to complete my goal for this week so far which was to excercise more. I have been doing about 30 min of Taebo each day! "How i am finding time" i have no idea. But i have come to find out that my 3 year old likes to kick and punch with me, and then it gets really hard when i am trying to do moves and he is playing going back and forth under my legs...oh well i guess it just means i have to work harder not to fall down on top of him *lol* Well i hope everyone continues to have an AWESOME week! Have a good night all!

Alisha

AFWjenny
09-14-2005, 10:26 AM
Since I over hauled my diet, (not easy) and pounded water and cut out caffine (ugg) I have managed to lose 3 pounds!! It makes me feel good!!!

Hope everyone has a good day!!

carafre
09-14-2005, 10:56 AM
Rikki - I just want to say good for you making a goal sheet & grocery list! Positive changes! I wish you the best with either waiting to get pg or going ahead. You will get there. Just hang in there and keep your focus. I must say I am envious. My husband and I don't have the option for anymore children. It sucks because I would love more. But it's ok, too! I have two beautiful kiddos whom I love deeply! Anyhow - keep on track! You can do it.

Hello to all the newbies! So nice to see all of the motivated mothers! I am here to help if I can!

Ok - new check in for me. I cheated and weighed this a.m.. I was 200.5. I am addicted to weighing myself. I just want to break the 199 mark. All else is going well. I've just about reached my mid-october goal. So I am setting a new goal - to weigh 196 by oct. 8. ;)

take care all!
carafre

AFWjenny
09-14-2005, 11:35 AM
Carafre, I know how you feel I get on the scale like 50 times a day! I am so obsessive. I told my hubby he has to hide it from me tonight when he gets home. Or keep it in the car with him!!!

carafre
09-14-2005, 02:59 PM
Jenny - It is horrible! My husband thinks I 'm crazy! :dizzy: I think I need him to hide it! That is such a great idea. :lol: I just like to see where I am at, constantly! :D
take care
carafre

loosinbabyfat
09-14-2005, 04:26 PM
My hubby used to hide ours from me too. ;) Otherwise I was hopping on and off that thing a lot and I'd get so mad when it didn't change daily... or heaven forbid it went up 1/2 a lb or something! *giggle*

Shamernadi
09-14-2005, 05:02 PM
I'm also TOTALLY obsessed with the scales. I honestly wish we had never bought any, but oh well, it's done, plus I need them at least once a week. I need to make myself a chart with a weigh in day once a week, then maybe I can forget the scales are there until it's time...

CynthiaB
09-14-2005, 09:31 PM
Good evening ladies. I've been lurking but not posting for the last day or two. A little bit of stress about selling our house. I really don't understand realtors and their contracts. But anyway, we've got someone to look at the house on Saturday and that's good, but I'll be cleaning like mad until then. You burn calories cleaning, don't you? (There's that one-track mind again!) With the animals and the baby, I pretty much have to keep the house clean all the time anyway. But there's a difference between normal-clean and showing-clean, you know?

Anyway, I have been faithful about exercising all week, although I was tempted to skip cardio a couple times. But checking in here really helps to keep me on track. I always read other threads and get lots of good information and motivation, but I especially like this little group of fellow Slimmin' SAHMmies!

Cindy

CynthiaB
09-14-2005, 09:42 PM
I've got a lot of catching up to do! Some comments and questions for some of you:

Jenny: First, congrats on the loss... :bravo: As far as yoga, I've been wanting to try it too. Do you use a video? If so, who's is it? I'm afraid of picking one and buying it and finding out it's a bad one, which will turn me off of yoga.

Andrea: No, I didn't watch Biggest Loser but my husband (who's also trying to lose weight) did. He really liked it. I don't know what network it's on or which day, but I'd like to see it.

Rikki: Your gain of 0.2 is small, you'll overcome it in no time! By the way, who are you people who have such accurate scales? I have one analog scale and one digital scale (but it only weighs whole pounds). I don't trust either one so I use them both.

Alisha: Congrats on the weight loss! :D I know what you mean about the little one getting in the way, my son crawls back and forth over me when I'm trying to do crunches. I guess that adds extra resistance!

Carafre: Yay, good for you! :cp: You'll be down even more on Saturday, isn't that a great feeling? And I'm not with you guys on the constant weighing. If anything, I'm scared to weigh even on my WI day! I dread it, thinking how will I feel if I've gained or haven't lost as much as I thought? I'd just as soon weigh monthly, but then I wouldn't know how I'm doing.

Have a good evening, all. See ya tomorrow!

Cindy

RLK2005
09-14-2005, 11:23 PM
Congrats on those who lost weight! That is awesome--keep it up because you are an inspiration to me!

Carafre--Thanks for the encouragement. I remind myself it will truly be fine if I don't have any more kids so chill out! I hope you make your next goal--you are doing great!

Cindy--I go to Weight Watchers and their scale is that accurate. Although, I did just buy a new scale and it weighs like that, too. If I lose even a tenth of a pound, it encourages me. :-)

I do pretty good not weighing myself until WW meeting but if I think I am doing badly, I weigh at home to prepare myself! :-) The scale can be bad because it may affect your mood for the whole day!

Well, I better get moving. Have a good Thursday. I have had one day on plan--woo hoo!

Rikki

Alchina
09-15-2005, 09:07 AM
You are all so funny about the scale!! :lol: I think thats why I have NEVER owned one, or maybe it because I never cared or wanted to know how much I weighed. :lol: I don't think I'll buy one either, I'll stick to going to WW for WI!!

Cindy, sounds like your selling your house? I hate moving, it seems like your ALWAYS cleaning!(deep cleaning), in the old house in the new house! I think I just HATE cleaning period!! I think the Biggest Loser is on Tuesday on NBC!

Any other reality show FANS out there, my all time favorite reality show is The Amazing Race!!

Carafre, CONGRATULATIOS that's great, I know it makes you fell good when you can adjust your goal because your reaching them faster than anticipated!! GREAT WORK

Alisha, How long have you been doing Tae-bo? Which tape do you do? I just started last week!

kitkatbahr
09-15-2005, 11:31 AM
Hi, my name is Kathy. I'm new to these boards. I am a SAHM to an almost 12 year old son. I'm 40 years old and have been married to my husband Ray for just over 2 years. Prior to that I was married to my son's dad for almost 17 years, got divorced, and two years later fell in love and married an absolutely wonderfully supportive man. He is so very supportive of my "get healthy" efforts. When I met him I weighed 245. Not long after I decided to not eat meat anymore and dropped another 110-12 lbs. I now hover around 233 - 235 and am trying very hard to make that scale move some more. Prior to meeting my husband, when I left my former husband, I weighed 285 lbs. A year after I left him, I was down 40 lbs, just like that! I didn't exercise, try to lose weight, or anything. It just disappeared. I think my eating habits changed, although I didn't intentionally set out to change them. I believe that what I was eating was a reflection of what was eating me at the time. After I got out of a bad situation, the weight just fell off. Then, cutting out meat made a big difference too. I also drink soy milk, rather than use regular milk. For this last month or two I have tried to eat even better, I joined Curves again, rejoined Pro-Health and Fitness (a regular gym with an indoor walking track) and also take Tae Kwon Do lessons. (My husband supports me whatever I want to do. I am soooooo lucky! He also continues to tell me how gorgeous and sexy I am all the time, and can't keep his hands off me. Does wonders for my self-esteem!) My former husband claimed I was fat and unattractive (among other things) and that's why he refused to be intimate with me anymore (for several years, til I got fed up with it). Also, get this, when I met my former husband, I could wear a bikini and a size 10 jeans. Looking back at pics, I looked pretty darned good, but believed him when he told me I shouldn't wear a bikini, or tank tops, etc. cause it made me look fat! Stupid me, huh? For believing him. Young and naive at 19. My friend borrowed a pair of his size 27 waist jeans one time while we were over at his and his friends apartment. I, of course, couldn't wear them, as she was skinnier than me, but that is when it started. He "suggested" that I was fat then! Uggh. It took me more than 20 years to figure out he was wrong, wrong, wrong!

Sorry, I'm rambling and got off track. Anyway...I'm glad to see so much support on these boards. I have been lurking a lot but felt compelled to post today. You all sound like wonderful, supportive people.

To Andrea / Alchina

I saw your post earlier about your son taking Tae Kwon Do. We just signed up recently to take it too. My husband and son started taking it about 5 weeks ago, and I just signed up this past Saturday. It is extremely good exercise and I am sure your son will enjoy it. I've found that even though it is hard work, it is FUN! We are really enjoying doing it as a family. My son and husband tested two weeks after joining (they could have waited to the next cycle but chose not to) and they already advanced a belt!! So, they are one ahead of me! LOL

I am also thinking of doing tae bo and saw you mentioned that too. I just ordered the kids version, for my son and I to try and also the 4 in 1 pack, with the instructional dvd, 8 minutes, basic and advanced. They should be in any day. Which one do you have? Do you really like it and feel it is beneficial excercise? I'd be curious to know.

Thanks.
Kathy B.
Merritt Island, FL

kitkatbahr
09-15-2005, 11:33 AM
Sorry,that was definitely a typo!
...dropped another 110-12 lbs
Should read dropped another 10 or 12 lbs!!

Kathy B.
Merritt Island, FL

kitkatbahr
09-15-2005, 11:55 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention:

We have two dogs, a 5 year old German Shepherd mix (84 lbs) and an 8 month old purebred German Shepherd puppy (78.4 lbs!!!).

We also have 4 inside cats (three are special needs) AND....

14 outside cats! I have a feral cat colony that I manage, plus a few of mine are outside, for a total of 14. Most of the feral cats are really very tame now. I can hold and pet all but about 3 of them. They are all spayed/neutered and have had shots and are ear-tipped. They are so funny. I go outside and sit on the steps and within seconds I will have 6 or 8 cats crawling all over me wanting to be brushed, petted, etc. They are spoiled rotten! I did cat rescue for awhile (which is where some of these guys came from). I found homes for a few, but ended up keeping some too. The three in the house that are special needs were only 1 week old when I got them, and very sick. The mom cat either abandoned them or was killed or something. Some people found them, turned them into the shelter. The shelter called the local feral cat network and one of the girls got them to keep them from being put to sleep. But, she worked and couldn't keep them. I ended up being the new kitten mom. They had to be bottle-fed every 2 hours, 24 hours a day, helped to go potty til they could go on their own, etc. It was quite an experience. I just love them to death. They had such a rocky start though. They have been sick ALOT (but are neg. for leukemia and aids). They had upper respiratory that wouldn't go away (one still does) in spite of lots of meds, vet visits, etc. They had eye problems with the third eyelid, and two had it where the third eyelid grew onto the cornea (they had to have eye surgery. One was just done yesterday). Anyway, they have had a hard life, but are doing pretty good right now. They are my babies and I will never give them away. I decided in the beginning I would have to keep these little ones. Especially as they are special needs and it would be tremendously hard to find homes for them. But, now that I have them, I quit taking in rescue kitties. I can't expose these guys (actually two little girls and one boy) to anything else. I still have my outdoor colony but I am not intentionally adding to it either.

My husband is supportive of all this too, believe it or not. I figured if he could put up with all my animals, etc. he MUST love me! You should have seen us during the hurricanes last year (we live in Florida). We evacuted 3 times (every two weeks or so), to my sister's house on the mainland. We live in a manufactured home on an island, so mandatory evacs. I had 10 huge cages set up in her living room and it took two vehicles and two trips with both to evacuate all the cats (19 at the time), all the cages, litter boxes, food, supplies, etc. plus the three of us and one dog (didn't have the puppy then). My dear, loving, patient, supportive husband did most of the work. I have bulging discs in my back and it was really bothering me at the time (I was nearly bedridden for awhile) so he was the one that loaded the trucks, set up cages, took down cages, carted food, litter, etc. What a sweet, sweet man. I love him sooooooooo much!

We're really hoping we don't have to evacute this year!

Kathy

RLK2005
09-15-2005, 01:09 PM
Welcome Kathy!

carafre
09-15-2005, 11:23 PM
Ok - I am laughing so hard I can hardly type - I am searching the kitchen for something to eat - it's too late for me have anything but I feel like a binge coming on ,so I open the fridge and eat a couple of spoonfuls of spagetti. Upon closing the fridge, I decide I need more, must have more. As I open the fridge door, my daughters' lunchbox falls on my head! :lol: If that's not a sign, I don't know what is! :lol: Hope ya'll are doing better than I am today.
take care
carafre

CynthiaB
09-16-2005, 09:24 AM
Good morning ladies! I had a really bad day yesterday (weight-wise, that is). I just couldn't stop eating! Just now I just logged everything I ate into my FitDay account and it was about 1,890 calories. Of course, I was doing it from memory so I probably forgot something. I guess it could have been worse. I just felt HUGE all day.

Carafre, after reading your post I see you had the same problem! I hate those kinds of days! And that's hilarious about the lunchbox. Hmm... gives me an idea to boobytrap the fridge, maybe that will help! Aren't you excited about weighing tomorrow, you may cross the into the realm of 1's like I did last week. Good luck!

As for me, I'll be happy if I just stay the same and don't gain this week.

Kathy: Welcome! Good luck on your weight-loss goals. And good for you for taking care of your feral cat colony. I've got 9 cats myself, all indoors. My hubby is also very supportive of the kitties. I had 2 when we met, so we added the others together. I used to work at a vet clinic so took home a lot of injured kittens to foster until they got better. Well, I guess after several years none of them are better yet, because I still have them!

My goal today is to get back on track; eat right and exercise, including weight-training which I skipped yesterday. Have a good day everyone!

Cindy

AFWjenny
09-16-2005, 09:36 AM
I had a good lose but I still feel fat. Its ridiculous, when I weighed 140 pound before my DD's, I felt like a pig. I wish I was 160 now. That would make me happy.

Today should be a good day. Doing a toy purge (wish me luck).....

Have a good day Ladies!!

mommy9802
09-16-2005, 10:07 AM
Good Morning Ladies! How is everyone doing today! I am doing ok i guess. I am happy to report that i have lost another 2 pounds so that makes my total weight loss for the week 4 pounds! Not bad. I think it could of been more, but last night was not a good night for me, i went out for pizza! *I know* I am really disappointed in myself, but i guess you do have to treat yourself once in awhile, right? And to top it all off i didn't do my excercises. It was just one of those days yesterday. So i probaly gained water wieght. Anyways i am back on track today and plan on staying on.....but then i know i will have to break it a little cause my son 7th birthday is in a couple of days, and i can not "not" eat a piece of his cake. You know? Well even though i am a little disappointed with last night, i think overall for the week i did pretty good. So good luck ladies. And just remember one day at a time. And hopefully for all of us, with the help of friends like everyone in the Slimmin SAHMmies group we can continue to become healthy again! Have a WONDERFUL WEEKEND EVERYONE!!! :D

Alchina:
I have only been doing Taebo since Monday of this week. Its the original Taebo tape, i think the first one! But it still works, my clothes are getting looser. And i SURE do work up a sweat :o Which Taebo do you do? Have a good day!

Alisha

CynthiaB
09-17-2005, 09:41 AM
Good morning, ladies. Well, it could have been worse. I lost 2 pounds and I think that's wonderful considering how badly I felt I ate all week. But the saving grace was I kept doing my cardio every day. In the interest of full disclosure, I have to say one scale said I only lost 1 pound and the other said I lost 2. I am going with the second scale, so now I've completed my first mini-goal! My reward is a shopping spree, and I think I'll get a bunch of exercise outfits and new bras. I know that doesn't sound very exciting, but it is to me as I HATE shopping for clothes, and I don't think I'll hate this.

Jenny: How did the toy purge go? I made a rule when my son was born that every year around his birthday we would purge toys and donate them, that way he wouldn't end up with tons and tons of toys he didn't play with anymore. I've already done it for his first birthday, but it was easy since he's so young he didn't even notice. I'm sure it will get tougher as he gets older!

Alisha: Congrats on the loss! 2-4 pounds a week is enough to lose, any more and you're losing too fast and not as likely to keep it off. Good job!

Have a great weekend, ladies. I'll check in later, but for now have to finish cleaning the house. There are people coming to look at it (to buy) this afternoon and I have to take myself, my son, and 3 of my most outgoing cats out of here for an hour. Should be interesting!

Cindy

CynthiaB
09-17-2005, 09:44 AM
Has anyone tried that Kashi Go Lean Crunch? I'm eating it for the first time as we speak. I feel like I'm losing as many calories as I'm taking in, because it takes forever to chew! And it doesn't really taste as bad as tree bark, but it's close. But it's supposed to be healthy, so I'll keep eating it. Hopefully it will fill me up so I won't feel like snacking later.

Cindy

AFWjenny
09-17-2005, 03:41 PM
Cynthia... Have you tried mixing the Kashi with Yogurt, I do that with alot of cereals, softens then and makes them platable!

I am here, gave up on the toy purge but hopefully this weekend it will get finished!!

My DH is getting on my nerves so I cannot wait to go to work!!1

carafre
09-17-2005, 10:13 PM
Hello all!! - Jenny, good for you! I am happy for ya! :smug: Keep up the good work!

Alisha - :) Four pounds is a lot! You are doing fantastic! I am so happy for you guys.

Cindy - two pounds gone, cardio everyday! That is wonderful. Shop away and remember that even though you plan on buying exercise clothes, it's the reward for hard work. Such an accomplishment!

I haven't lost any this week - I might have gained a pound. I am not sure. I forgot to weigh until tonight, after dinner (pizza). I had two down days. I felt like I wanted to eat all of the time. I didn't do as bad as I make it sound. But I feel defeated, having not yet reached 199. I've worked out everyday except one. We'll see. I send the best out to each of you and let's all have a great week and keep going. One day at a time.

take care
carafre

CynthiaB
09-18-2005, 05:14 PM
Carafre: You didn't gain; you lost 2 pounds when you weighed earlier this week, didn't you? So it's still a good week for you! But I know what you mean about wanting to eat all the time. I had pizza too, last night, and someone else on this thread recently mentioned ordering pizza. We must all be having the same kind of week! But working out everyday except one, like you said you did, is great! That in itself is an accomplishment. I think some weeks we're going to find that, no matter how well we do, we're not always going to lose as much as we want. And then other weeks we'll be pleasantly surprised with a bigger loss than we expected. Keep your chin up!

Cindy

carafre
09-18-2005, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the encouragement. I think you are right, Cindy. Some weeks are going to be great and others ok. The key is to stay focused and not give up. I wish all the best for this week.
take care carafre

AFWjenny
09-19-2005, 05:24 AM
I had another Gallbladder attack today. (well two of them) This alone is enough to make me terrified to eat anything bad!! I hope I can get in with the surgeon too. Not sure on weight, and dont really care right now. I am still in alot of pain. I hope everyone has a good morning!!

CynthiaB
09-19-2005, 09:53 AM
Jenny: That's horrible! I hope you're feeling a little better by now and that the doctor sees you soon. Take care of yourself, I'll send positive thoughts your way.

Cindy

AFWjenny
09-19-2005, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the positive thoughts. I was wondering , when you snack what is your favorite thing to snack on? I am trying to make my snacks as healthy as possible!! I am feeling better today. Just groggy from the pain medication. I wish my husband had stayed home. Two kids seem like to much to handle today!! Well wish me luck.

carafre
09-19-2005, 07:05 PM
Jenny - I am so sorry that you are in pain. I remember when my mother had gall bladder surgery. She was in so much pain. I can't believe that you are taking care of the kids also! My mom couldn't move. I am sending you best wishes to recover soon. We are here for you.
take care
carafre

pixkieangel@adelphia
09-19-2005, 08:24 PM
:cool: A big hey to all the Slimmin SHAMmies! I'm Angelia a SHAM of 2 kids ages 7 and 5. In school all day(YEAH!) So now I feel I have the time to devote to me and my weight loss goal. I'm 33, live in Owensboro, KY, am an aspring writer. I have started a novel, just not finished yet. Any who, hope to see and talk to everyone on here.

carafre
09-19-2005, 08:42 PM
Welcome! So nice to meet ya! I am also a writer & poet! - There are so many wonderful ladies to meet. I can tell you that the support is tremedous. I've lost lbs. and gained friends! What a deal!
I am a SAHM to Riley (three) and Talon (one). I have trouble finding time to exercise. Somehow I have managed to exercise everyday, except one, for the last two weeks. That is amazing for me.
Happy to have you w/ us on our journey.
take care
carafre

P.S. CONGRATS on your loss of 2 pounds! ;)

carafre
09-19-2005, 09:25 PM
I just wanted to report that I finally did it - 199 as of this a.m.. It's been a very long time... I am so proud and so scared at the same time. Anyone ever feel like that? I don't even know where the "scared" feeling is coming from. I can actually see some changes in my body. I was so pumped and excited this a.m.. Now I feel that icky need to eat, eat and eat. I will not give in this time. I just wondered if anyone else feels the same. I am off to exercise! I hope to hear from ya'll.
carafre

karmasdogma
09-19-2005, 09:59 PM
Carafre - I definitely have felt that happy-scared feeling around weight loss. I know where mine comes from, fear of gaining it back. Urgh, I am so frustrated. Last Monday, I was down to 188, yeah. The 190s took so long to work through...I've been doing my plan (eating right) all week despite that pesky TOM, my exercise has been a bit low...I got on the scale yesterday and I was 187, which I was happy with. Then, boom, this morning, my true weigh in day, I am back up to 190. UURRGGHH.

Anyway good for you going off to exercise. I decided to get my hair cut. I needed it and it couldn't hurt my diet. I did goto the gym this AM.

Jenny - regarding snack ideas. How about sugar free jello with (or without) light coolwhip, any easy to eat fruit, like grapes or apples, they even have the new canned fruit in splenda, i like freezing the no calorie fruit water like fruit2o and eating it like a popsicle, do you like tea? sometimes if I feel snacky, I have hot tea and it makes the urge go away. if I crave a salty snack I will drink boullion broth but only do this if you can take the sodium, I can because I have very low blood preasure. boullion has tons of salt.

Welcome Pixkie and any others joining us. I enjoy hearing from you all.
Lara (who is not changing her ticker with the high hopes that this upward blip on the scale was some anomoly caused by aliens, an el nino or some other cosmic phenomenon that will disappear in a day or two leaving us all to wonder, "What was that all about?")

anske
09-20-2005, 12:34 AM
Hello,

I am 28 years old, mother of 2 and a stay at home mom. Being a parent and loosing weight is a very hard. I would love to have support in both areas. I would love to be in this group. I need all the support I can get. I look forward to hearing from you all. I used to weight 260 pounds. My biggest ever. And lost 90 pounds in a year with a diet supplement and exercise. I know taking pills are not the answer. I did it through a doctor and monthly check ups! But now I am on my own and having a hard time getting motivated. I hate looking at my self in the mirror due to my loose skin. Does any one have that? I am looking forward to making new friends.

AFWjenny
09-20-2005, 02:19 AM
Thanks for the snack ideas!! I have been making myself drink propel when I want to snack, then if I am still hungry I have a little something to eat!! I have set a mini goal for Christmas, I want to be 175, because three years ago after I had my 1st daughter that was how much I weighed!! I would love to suprise my family with a little less flab!!

I hope everyone stays on the wagon tommorow!!

CynthiaB
09-20-2005, 09:43 AM
Hello fellow SAHMmies! How is everyone? I'm doing well. I was very proud of myself last night that I had just a normal snack and didn't keep eating. Also, my exercise is going well. I know some of you are doing Tae-Bo, and I dug out my old tapes (one of them is still in the shrink-wrap!) and started trying them out this past weekend, and it's tough! I can't even get through the Instructional video that simply shows all the moves! I'm very uncoordinated, always have been, so I guess as long as I'm moving I'm doing something good.

Jenny: I have problems with snacks too. I like a bowl of cereal (skim milk) or a Special K breakfast bar. Lately, I've been having about 3 pieces of cheddar cheese, a pickle and a handful of pepperoncinis. I know, weird, but the pickles and the peppers are calorie and fat free, so I can eat as much as I want. By the way, how are you feeling?

Welcom to the new folks, Angelia and Anske. Good luck with your goals!

Carafre: Congrats on getting below 200! Woo-hoo, what a great accomplishment! I agree 100% about how when you start noticing a difference, it motivates you even more. At -20 pounds, it really doesn't loook like there is "less" of me, but I am noticing some muscle definition everywhere. Let's keep going!

Lara: Don't worry about the scale anomaly; somebody somewhere will soon blame it on a politician, and then we can vote them out of office, and you'll be okay! :)

Take care, ladies! Cindy

mommy9802
09-20-2005, 03:10 PM
Good Afternoon to all! I just wanted to see how everyone is doing. And also to say Welcome to the group to Anske and Pixkiangel! Good luck with EVERYTHING! We are all here for you!

Carefre: CONGRATS! CONGRATS! CONGRATS! on breaking the 200 marker! I am so HAPPY for you!

I hope everyone is having a good week! I had taken a couple of days off, but i am back on track today, and i am ready to see the scale moving again. Good luck! Have a great day everyone!

Alisha

carafre
09-20-2005, 11:08 PM
Ok, I had to start taking notes to keep up w/ what I want to say!! Here ya go!!

Alisha - Thanks so much! I am so happy! (visual, me happy dancing, ok maybe not! :lol: I hope that you have a great loss week! Keep it up! Your turn for 199 ville!

Cindy - Thank - you! Happy me!! Yeah for you, too! We are so proud of you. Here"s to keeping the snacking "normal" ( me too!).

Jenny - We are totally behind you. Let's all stay the course, slow and steady!! :)

Anske - So happy you're here! You can do it! The hardest part is getting through the first week. Lean on us, we are here. I totally hear you on the loose skin! I have the baby pouch belly & the wave -by- themselves arms! :lol: But, I have recently started to love myself, warts & all. I've made peace with the x-tra skin... for now. Good luck and welcome!!

Lara - I so believe that your scale had a freakish twitch within the inner workings, somewhere!! The scale gremlin was testing you! :lol:

I hope that tomorrow is fabulous for us all. ;)

take care
carafre

CynthiaB
09-21-2005, 09:12 AM
Okay, wish me luck, ladies! I won't be on the board for a couple days. I'm driving down to Atlanta with the little one to house-hunt. Exciting! My hubby (in case you don't already know) has been in Baltimore all summer for his job, so I'm on my own with the little one. I've already found a house online that we both love, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's just as nice in person.

The worst part is that I won't be able to exercise (there's probably an exercise room at the hotel, but I can't leave the little guy in the hotel room alone!). Also, room service is always so tempting for me. Luckily it's usually the prices and not the calories that deter me!

So I'll see you all again on Friday. Be strong, ladies, keep up the good work!

Cindy B

carafre
09-22-2005, 12:19 PM
:) Best of luch w/ the house! I hope it is all that you want! Do the best you can while you're away! See ya soon!

take care
carafre

AFWjenny
09-23-2005, 05:01 PM
I am feeling a little better today, this surgery didnt kick my A** as bad as I thought it was. Have to eat lots of stuff with fiber in it to (TMI) constipation. So That is a good thing. I have gain a little weight back from all of the swelling but expect it to go down in the next few days. I am so glad my gallbladder is out now!!

mommy9802
09-23-2005, 07:02 PM
Good Evening to all! How is everyone doing? I am doing good, just got done doing my Taebo :o . I Don't know if it is just me, but working out gives me more energy, does it anyone else?

AFWJenny: I am glad to hear your surgery went well. I hope you get to feeling better real soon! Take it easy!

So i am glad to say that this week i have lost another 3 pounds, which brings me down to 204 :D I can't wait till i break the 200 mark and i can make it in 199ville that will be SOOOOO AWESOME! And then of couse more would be even BETTER! Well i hope everyone had a good week! Have a great weekend EVERYONE!

Alisha

CynthiaB
09-24-2005, 09:28 AM
Good morning everyone! I weighed in this a.m., and I stayed the same (no gain or no loss). That's okey-dokey with me, I'll do better next week.

I'm back from the house-hunting trip. The little guy did great! He loved walking around all the houses with me and was really patient the whole day. We found the perfect house, woke up Friday morning and called the realtor, he came by the hotel and had a contract for me to sign, faxed it to Hubby who signed it, then on my way back home I got a call from the realtor saying the house was already sold. The stupid listing agent had never updated the listing, although there had been a contract on it for some time. Arghh! So it's back to square one although I did find a neighborhood I really liked and will keep looking there.

Speaking of hubby, he will be back next weekend after 4 long months away. He's also losing weight and is down about 28 pounds. He wants to lose 50 in all, I'm very proud of him (also a little jealous, as all he has to do is take the stairs instead of the elevator once, eat a piece of fruit, and Presto! he's lost 15 pounds).

As for me, I haven't exercised much the last 3 days, but tried to eat decently and did okay. I also saw my butt in the mirror in the hotel (something I try to avoid usually) and really thought it looked smaller! Still just as wide (because of the hips), but definitely flatter. It was a great motivator for me.

Hope you all are doing well. Jenny, I'm so glad your operation was a success. I'm sure you'll feel better from now on. Alisha, congrats on losing 3 pounds! Next week or the week after at the latest you'll be in the Ones!

I don't know why my posts keep showing up out of order. We'll see where this one ends up. I changed my view to "Linear" instead of "Hybrid", so maybe that will help. Okay, talk to you all later!

Cindy B

carafre
09-24-2005, 05:58 PM
I think I gained back two pounds. I've had a rough week. Kids are sick w/ strep. Had to take the little girl to the er last night... She had some breathing issues. All is well now, she is stable and home. I plan to get back on track today.

Cindy, sorry to hear about the house. It means that the better one is around the corner. Good luck.

Jenny - hope you are well and recovering. We re thinking about ya!

Alisha - :) Way to go! I usually feel so energetic when I am on an exercise routine! Keep it going!

I can't think straight, I'll be back tom.. Let's stay the course and not give up!!

Take care all
carafre

CynthiaB
09-24-2005, 08:06 PM
Carafre: Sorry to hear about the little ones. Is your little girl better since being at the ER? That must be so scary, I can't imagine. My best thoughts are with you....

Your posts are always so inspiring to me. It sounds like we both need to get back on track. Let's try this mini-goal together: For the next 7 days (until next Saturday's weigh-in) we will exercise every day. Even if it means we simply take our little ones and walk around the block because we don't have time for anything else. Or dance to our favorite 80's song for 5 minutes. Anything counts.

Anyone else with me? No excuses, LET'S GET MOTIVATED!

Cindy

carafre
09-25-2005, 12:36 PM
Cindy, such a great idea! I am with ya! I am ready to be where I was a week ago, happy and full of energy! Not only can we do it, but we will do it!

My daughter is so much better. On top of having strep throat, she has the croup. Her airways were constricting and she was having trouble breathing well. They injected her w. steroids and gave her a breathing treatment. That worked wonders. She stopped drooling and kept fluids down. I was so thankful. Her color is back today. She is arguing w/ her brother! Everything is back to normal. I appreciate ya'll asking about her.

I am off to wake hubby up and get my work out in!!! Let's get busy feeling better!!!!

take care
carafre

pixkieangel@adelphia
09-25-2005, 04:19 PM
Hello Ladies;
Forgive my not being on here for it may last for awhile longer. I am going through some personal stuff, and have had to spend all my time and engery on getting things fixed. I hope to have things fixed soon. Great to hear so many of you are doing so well.

CynthiaB
09-25-2005, 05:11 PM
I just did 37 minutes on the treadmill, and earlier did some crunches. If the weather holds out, I will take the little guy for his daily walk. Yay, day one of our challenge is finished for me! Weekends are the worst for me when it comes to exercise and eating. I like my normal weekday routine and the weekend throws it all off. So this is the first Sunday in a long time I've done any exercise.

Pixie: Good luck and we'll be here when you're ready.

Cindy

tiptoefairy
09-26-2005, 06:06 AM
Hi! Do you have room for one more? I knew about this site from seeing tickers, but just today I've been lurking for about an hour reading everything and finally joined.

Anyway, I am Stephanie, I turned 29 today (okay I guess yesterday, lol) and I live in TX. I am SAHMommy to Emma, who just turned 6 and to my 20 month old son, Ethan. During my teen years I was very athletic and was dancer and skater and regularly worked out at the gym and Cindy Crawford tapes, lol, I've always been a little overweight, but was very in shape. But that all stopped when I developed a health problem, I had my gallbladder removed and was soon fine, but then I got married a few months later and I just never got back into exercise. Now I'm over 250 lbs and 2 children later, I'm ready to shop in regular clothing stores, lol, yep that's my motivation, I'm so sick of plus size stuff, lol. Well I guess my other motivation is I want to be thinner before we try for baby #3, I was borderline gestational diabetes with #2 and I have a big family history of diabetes and I've already developed PCOS, so I know if I don't do something soon I'm headed in that path.

I do have a little bit of success, when I was pg with #2, my initial weight was 262, but I've stayed below that weight since having him. My next goal is to be below my initial weight when I was pg with #1, which was 238. I'm still debating on joining either WW online or ediets, though I think I'm going to try and sign up with ediets tomorrow. I really want some fun dance exercise videos -- any recommendations? I'm so tired of doing "cardio" stuff, I want to learn a dance routine or something, lol.

Off to bed, it's 5 am and I had a nap while the baby slept late tonight and can't fall back, ugh, lol.

carafre
09-26-2005, 12:22 PM
Stephanie - Welcome! We are so happy to have you here. :smug: We always have room for one more (except one more pound! :lol: ). I hope that you find all that you need here to help you w/ your goals. We are here for you. We weigh in on Saturdays if you are interested!

Cindy - good for you! I did 50 min. on the recumbant bike! I did a harder level, too. I feel much better! I am about to do my 2mi walk when my hubby gets back from his jog!

Pixie - Hope to hear from ya soon!!!

gotta go - kids are calling!! Have a great day!!

take care all
carafre

CynthiaB
09-26-2005, 09:34 PM
Day 2: I squeezed in 37 minutes of cardio again, and worked upper body on the Bowflex. I ate pretty well until just now when I had one of those Oreo 100-calorie packs. I bought those as something different for my son to have at his bedtime snack... who was I kidding?? Also, I'm on my fifth bottle of water, so that's a good thing (or it will be until I get up 7 times during the night).

Welcome to 3FC and Slimmin' SAHMmies, Stephanie! I know what you mean about the plus-size clothes. All my life I've been self-conscious about my weight and have worn big clothes (bigger than I needed to). Now I'm determined to get to a smaller size so I can wear flattering clothes and maybe even (gasp!) wear a tight-fitting shirt or tank top.

Sorry to hear about your health problems. But it sounds like you're on the right track to keep yourself healthier. It's amazing how much healthier you'll feel after just a couple weeks. Like you, I was going to sign up with eDiets. But I had a problem and kept getting an error. So while I was waiting for a reply to an email I sent them, I found this site (like you, I heard of it by seeing a weight tracker). Then I realized that I'm personally not ready for a diet plan, but I just really wanted the support group. So I stayed here and never signed up for eDiets or WW or anything. It's working so far, but I'm open to change if the weight loss slows down. Good luck with your weight loss and health goals, Stephanie! I think you'll enjoy it here, there are lots of great people. By the way, I like your reward system, I'm doing the same thing. It's helped so far.

Carafre: You did a ton of exercise today! Good for you. I never was good on the bike, it always hurt my knees. But it's a good workout. It sounds like your hubby is into fitness too (jogging). Is this a new thing that you've inspired, or has he always exercised? Mine was as sedentary as I was, and I think we decided together we were too much overweight to deny it anymore. He tends to lose motivation quickly, but I think this time we're both going to meet our goals.

Okay, that's all for now. Kind of slow on the boards tonight, isn't it? Have a good evening, ladies!

Cindy

carafre
09-26-2005, 10:17 PM
Ok - I walked a mile and a half. I also just finished 45 min. on the bike! Also - here is a bit of good news, I actually fit into a pair of jeans that I haven't worn in a year!!! I am so motivated right now. ;)

Cindy - My husband is very active. He is a very muscular , athletic type. It's funny because I have never been athletic. I am, as he so lovingly calls me ,a book worm!!! So, he is enjoying watching me reach my goals! He is the best... He always says that he doesn't care how much I weigh - as long as I am happy and healthy..

Where is everyone? Exercising I hope! :lol:

take care
carafre

AFWjenny
09-26-2005, 11:47 PM
Hey guys!! I am here...

I have lost some more weigh without having to o anywork lol, it from being sick to my stomach after the surgery and not eating. I am feeling better. Still really sore. Stopped taking pain meds because they make feel like crap. I hope to go back to work this week sometime. I think I pulled a muscle in my abdomen. I am hoping it heal soon, that seems to be causing more pain than the SX. I would love to join you in the exercise challenge but am forbidden for another 2 weeks :( I am glad everyone is doing well!!

CynthiaB
09-27-2005, 05:57 PM
Carafre: :cp: Woo-hoo! Losing jean sizes! That's the best. I'm afraid to try on any jeans at all, maybe when I'm about 5 pounds away from my final goal (ha-ha!). Good for you for your cardio, keep it up! And your hubby sounds like mine, very supportive.

Jenny: That's a yucky way to lose weight! I hope you're feeling better, especially your pulled muscle. Was that from the surgery, or were you sneaking in some last-minute crunches? ha-ha Seriously, though, take it easy, it can take awhile before you're completely healed. You can join in another exercise challenge when you're ready. In fact, let's plan to have one that week, okay? In the meantime, you can be our virtual trainer, making sure we're keeping on track!

Speaking of cardio, 60 minutes today on the treadmill. I wasn't able to do strength training today, but I did mow the lawn instead (push mower, not rider). And hopefully a walk with my little guy this evening after dinner.

Keep it up ladies!

Cindy

carafre
09-28-2005, 12:54 AM
Jenny - I sure hope you get better soon. Take it easy. Heal first, do later. Take care of yourself.

Let's see... I did 30+ minutes on bike. I also (and try to stifle the laughter) found an old exercise video that I used when I was ,um, like 20! :lol: The name is .. Cindy Crawford's workout w/ Radu! :lol: It was actually fun. But somehow I injured my side. I think it was the contortion of my body as I laughed , no , it was more of an intense snort - at myself in the lunge/ supermodel stance. J/K - I am fine! I did enjoy the laugh. I feel at peace again! I wish you guys a cleansing laugh and to keep going!!

take care
carafre

CynthiaB
09-28-2005, 08:51 PM
Carafre: OMG, Cindy Crawford? I didn't know she did exercise tapes! I'm just glad you're okay after your "supermodel lunge". Does she have all the makeup on during her workout, and the vaseline on her teeth to keep smiling? I just cannot imagine! I had always done the Jane Fonda tapes, and I believe I still have an old copy of one from the 80's (whew!). Remember "20-Minute Workout" on tv? There were always 3 girls with giant hair, but the workouts were pretty good. I can't remember how old you are, so this may be before your time.

I did about 35 minutes on the treadmill and walked with the little guy 1-1/2 miles (about 25 minutes). And upper body on the Bowflex (I LOVE doing that!). Not to mention all the running around.

Eating this week is okay, just the usual nightly snack dilemmas. I'm enjoying our cardio challenge, though. Today I didn't think I'd have time and didn't really feel like it, but I did it anyway. And felt better afterwards. Next week we should have another challenge. Any ideas?

Okay, it's time to try NOT to have a giant snack and then go to bed. See ya tomorrow!

Cindy

carafre
09-28-2005, 11:12 PM
Cindy - First let me congradulate you! You are doing so well, You kept on even though you didn't feel like it! ;) Keep up the good work. I do remember Jane Fonda! I could never exercise with my hair all teased up and sprayed! I'd wipe my forehead and get hairspray in my eye!! But I am ashamed to admit that having bought Cindy Crawfords' tape, I did apply lip gloss. It was the least I could do. Cindy was all made up and perfect! And I am SO sore. :lol:

I walked my 2 mile loop, pushing the double stroller!!! I made myself walk as fast as I could! But I am eating a lean turkey sandwhich at 10 at night!! I can't stop this snacking. It started when my kids got sick! I am still nursing my son (trying to wean!). He has been nursing nonstop since Fri.. So maybe we could do some sort of "not snacking" challenge or some kind of eating thing.

take care all
carafre

angel_rose105
09-29-2005, 02:28 AM
Hello feelow SAHMs!!!! My name is Chantelle and I'd like to join your group if that's okay? I'm 21 years old and live in Australia with my husband Shaun and my 2-month old son Lucas. I joined Weight Watchers on Monday and absolutely love the fact that I get HEAPS more points for breastfeeding!!! I'm currently studying for my Bachelors Degree in Business, majoring in Human Resources. It's through a distance education University so I don't have to attend lectures which is good, although you do have to stay VERY motivated, and even more so now I have a baby.With my studies and my son I rarely find time to cook or do exercise, so I've learnt to cook in bulk and freeze the rest into containers for other nights. Also, I've managed to fit in a 45-minute walk today and yesterday, so I'm pretty happy about that! Oh yeah, and the house even got cleaned yesterday!!! Well, I think that's about it. Have a good day/night!

CynthiaB
09-29-2005, 09:52 AM
Chantelle: Of course you are welcome here! Congrats on your weight loss so far. Wow, you are really motivated. I think it's wonderful that you cook a bunch of meals ahead of time and freeze them. I've always wanted to do that but I never have. I need more containers to freeze them in, and I'm not sure what to cook... see? I'm making excuses. You've inspired me, Chantelle, and I'm going to finally try it.

Congrats, too, on the little one! Two months old, I'll be he's adorable. I've got a son, too, and he's 13 months old. They sure grow up fast, make sure you treasure every moment. I've always made a point of never saying, "I can't wait until he (sits up, walks, talks, etc.)", because I know it's all too soon when he'll be doing all those things and I don't want to wish away any of it.

Good luck with your weight loss goals, check back often! A couple of us are doing a 7-day cardio challenge which will end Saturday, but then we may think up another challenge to keep us motivated. Join in!

Cindy

CynthiaB
09-29-2005, 09:54 PM
Still going strong on our cardio challenge. I tried to do an hour on the treadmill today, but kept getting interupted by the phone. I ended up doing 40 minutes. Then this evening I took the little guy for a walk again, twice around the walking track for a total of 1-1/2 miles. I didn't do any strength training, though, but still may do some crunches before bed.

I've been a little bit antsy tonight, getting impatient with the house search and the move. I decided to drink tea for my evening snack; otherwise, anything I eat could turn into a full-out binge. I also need to get one more bottle of water in, but I don't know if that's going to happen.

Where is everyone today? Carafre Crawford, are you doing aerobics again or just applying lip gloss? :lol:

I really get a lot of inspiration from the Success Stories forum on 3fc. Keeps me motivated, thinking all these other people can do it, so I can too.

Well, almost time for bed (oops, crunches first, then bed). See you all tomorrow!

Cindy B

mommy9802
09-30-2005, 10:50 AM
Good Morning to all! How is everyone doing today? I am doing pretty good. I am SOOOOOO excited to say that i have finally made it in to the 199ville, i am 198 pounds!! I have lost 5 pounds! WooHoo! :dizzy: I have also kept up my goal of excercising more! How was everyone elses week?

Stephanie: Welcome to the group! Good luck on your goals! We are all here for you!

Chantelle: Welcome to the group girlie! Good luck with your goal! If you need support you have come to the right place!

Well everyone i got to go, my little one wants to watch PBS kids! So i need to go turn it on for him. Have a great day and a WONDERFUL weekend!

Alisha :)

AFWjenny
09-30-2005, 10:52 AM
Hey guys!! Getting back to the norm (finally) its amazing how fast you recover from somthing like surgery. I still can't lift or do any cardio until I see the doctor next week and get the final ok. I did take my girls (and husband) on a walk to the park. I also went back to work......

Hopefully I will be back on the wagon full time by the end on next week!!

CynthiaB
09-30-2005, 09:08 PM
Hi Alisha, congrats on getting to the ones! :bravo: Good for you, keep up the good work! You're doing great.

Jenny: Glad to hear you're almost back up to speed. You've recovered remarkably well, it sounds like.

I did my cardio today and upper body workout. Didn't eat too great this evening. My hubby came home after four months away for his job, and we went out to eat Mexican food. I tried really hard not to eat too much and to order (fairly) healthy stuff. But it was a special occasion, so I won't sweat it. Unfortunately tomorrow is weigh-in day, so hopefully this didn't hurt me too much.

Hope everyone else had a good week. Be strong this weekend, ladies!

Cindy B

carafre
09-30-2005, 10:17 PM
Alisha - YEAH!!! :strong: Welcome girl!! I am so happy for you. Hope that you keep going strong!!

Jenny - Glad to hear that you are doing better!! ;)

Cindy - Don't sweat the Mexican!! :lol: Enjoy! I am so happy that your hubby is back! Good for you on your cardio!!! You are doing so great. Such an inspiration...

Me - well, I am having such a hard time. The only exercise I did yesterday was to walk 20 minutes. Not to mention that I've had to hold my little guy nonstop for three days. He is still sick and I am going to take him to the Dr. tomorrow if he isn't better. I have been eating more than usual, but I am nursing so much right now. I am trying to get my mindset back. I am going to do atleast 40 min of cardio tonight. I may even throw on my lipgloss and spend some time with my girl - Cindy!!! I'll see ya'll at weigh in.

take care
carafre

CynthiaB
10-01-2005, 09:11 AM
Carafre: Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your little guy. When they're sick that's all we can think about, isn't it? I really hope he gets better soon. Is your daughter doing better? My thoughts are with you. Hey, don't worry about walking "only 20 minutes". That's great! It's better than nothing, and it keeps your mind off things for those 20 minutes so you can get a little bit refreshed. Keep it up.

I weighed this morning and there was a 2 pound loss. I'm happy for that (it's always great to change the ticker), but I'm getting greedy and was hoping for more since I feel I exercised like crazy this week. But yesterday's eating didn't help. My hubby has lost a couple pounds this week too. He's dropped about 26 in all and looks so much different. I don't look that different (yet). But I feel a little stronger.

We will be busy all weekend and then moving to a hotel on Monday and staying there probably at least a month (until we find and close on a new house). We will come back on the weekends to tidy up the house (since it's for sale and the cats will still be living here until we move our belongings). So I hope I can squeeze in quality exercise. The hotel has an exercise room, so that's a bonus. I'm glad we'll have a DSL connection in the room so I can still get on 3fc. I need you guys so much for support and inspiration!

Talk to you later, have a great weekend ladies!

PS: Carafre, make sure that's not the strawberry flavored lip gloss you're using; extra calories, you know!

Cindy

carafre
10-01-2005, 11:42 AM
Cindy - :dancer: Two pounds is wonderful! I know how ya feel - when I am hitting the exercise hard I feel as though it should be atleast four pounds! But two a week is perfect. ;)

I did 50 min. on the bike last night and I didn't snack 3 hours before bed. I feel amazing this a.m. (considering I had 5 hours of sleep!). I weighed 199. No loss, no gain. I am happy. I am able to start fresh today. My daughter is 100% better. Thank goodness. She even decided to use the "big girl potty" all of a sudden. :lol: I am so happy for her. She is very proud! As for my son, I did end up taking him to the Dr. - He has roseola, the croup and his throat is still irritated. Poor boy! One more week and we should be through this! But I am ok. I have you wonderful ladies behind me! And I bet the view ain't that bad anymore! :lol:

I had to change lip gloss by the way - I now use Lo cal, fat free, carb conscious momma in plushious minimus! Coming to a pharmacy near you!!! :T

take care
carafre

angel_rose105
10-02-2005, 04:29 AM
Hey guys,

I'm back after spending the weekend at mum's place. Came back today and hubby had cleaned up the whole place!!! So that was nice to come home to. He also made me chargrilled vegetable lasagna for dinner... Such a honey!!! :) I finished all my Law modules for uni and now only have revision until the exam :stress: I didn't get any exercise done on the weekend, however I'd already fit in 3 sessions this week which was my goal, so I'm not too worried about that. However I'm definitely going to do some in the morning as it's weigh-in tomorrow night! I can't wait to see how I did. I MOSTLY stuck to my diet plan, except I snuck in a bit of choccie :( I felt pretty guilty, but figured I can make up for it, I've taken some out of today and I'll do the same tomorrow to balance it out. Well, my son's just gone to sleep on me and this is going to be his big sleep (he'll wake me up at about 11 or so...) I'm so happy he's started these big sleeps at night now! Most nights I can scrape together 6-8 hours, so yay!!! Mum reckons that as soon as he starts crawling and walking that I'll lose weight really fast cos I'll be chasing him around everywhere, lol... So I can't wait for the weight-loss, but dreading the constant supervision thing as I'm finding it hard enough to get everything done as it is!!! Anyway, as I was saying, as this is going to be his big sleep I'd better get going and have mine too :) Can't wait to tell you all about my weigh-in tomorrow night!!! Might not be able to tell you about it until Tuesday night though... Wish me luck!!!

carafre
10-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Chantelle - You are doing great! I wish you the best for weigh in! It sounds like you have a wonderful husband! I think I would faint if my husband cooked anything for me :lol: .

take care
carafre

AFWjenny
10-02-2005, 03:51 PM
I got fired from my job today. Trying really hard not to sink into the depression eating. I will give details why later. Gotta really stay motivated now.......

At least I won't have the temptation of pizza anymore.

carafre
10-02-2005, 09:55 PM
Jenny - I am so sorry! Please hang in there. You've come too far and gone through so much... Stay strong, we are here if you need to talk about it. I am always around at night. Breathe.
take care, girl
carafre :grouphug:

CynthiaB
10-04-2005, 11:52 AM
Hi ladies! I'm still a SAHM, but now the "H" stands for hotel, not home. There's an exercise room here so I hope to still be able to get in some cardio every day (but I'll have to wait until hubby comes home at night). I've been eating okay, but have slipped a few times in the last few days. It's going to be hard to stay on track and lose while living away from home the next few weeks, but darn it! I'm determined to do it anyway. I feel like if I can still lose each week while I'm in temporary quarters, then I can get do anything, including getting to my goal weight eventually. I'm looking at it as the ultimate challenge.

Oh, but there are so many good restaurants in Atlanta... and money is not an option since it's all reimbursed.... NO! I will be strong.

Jenny: So sorry to hear about your job, but it sounds like this will work out for the better for you anyway. Keep up your good spirits, and if you get frustrated, jump on the treadmill or go outside for a walk and work off that stress! Turn it into a positive.

Chantelle: It sounds like you're making great food choices and allowing yourself some treats but not overdoing it. That's the key, I think. Yes, you'll certainly be busy when the little guy starts crawling! The constant supervision isn't that bad if you have thoroughly baby-proofed your house. I am a neat-freak and am constantly cleaning something. A lot of people I talk to don't understand how I have time to clean with the little one running around. But I turn it into playtime for him. He loves the Swiffer and I'll give it to him and he will walk around with it for almost an hour, having fun while polishing our wood floors. And he loves the vacuum! Sometimes when he's fussy I'll get the vacuum out and start vacuuming and he just walks around with me, with a big grin on his face. So they are a challenge at this age, but you can use it to your advantage.

Okay, I'm back and I'm sure many of you are groaning right now because I've already written another novel. Keep up all your good work, ladies!

Cindy B.

Fatbgone
10-04-2005, 02:33 PM
Hello all!
I am a sahm to 3 beautiful girls and a great husband. I have read your posts and am thinking... "Did I write that, or are they in my head?" I am starting with my weight loss and have SO much to lose and the whole world to gain. I need a group like this to get me started. I am not waiting for tomorrow to start, I am starting now! I am not making anymore excuses!

I look forward to losing all these unwanted pounds with each of you. I will get into figuring out all the cute tickers and attachments, the words of encouragement really help!!

Check in tomorrow!
Heather

carafre
10-04-2005, 02:51 PM
:) Welcome, Heather! Wow, three girls!! I would go insane! We are so hee for you. Congrats on making the choice to become healthy! We are some exercise (loving, hating BUT doing fools!). :lol: Hope you make this home here with us!!!

take care
carafre

angel_rose105
10-04-2005, 07:29 PM
Well I weighed in on Monday, and 4.8 pounds lost!!!!! :dance: :cb: :dancer: :woo: :cloud9: lol. It was the first week, so I'm not expecting another loss that big, but it's a great start! Can't wait till the next one now! 5 days to go! lol... Lucas slept 8 hours on Monday night in one go!!! I think Mondays are becoming like a lucky charm! I got heaps of revision for Uni done yesterday, but have HEAPS more to do... So I'd better get crackin! I also need to have breakfast and walk down to the shops to get something for lunch and dinner. Lucas is asleep at the moment, so I'll go have breakfast and get some study done... Bye, and keep goin girls!!!! :D

AFWjenny
10-05-2005, 02:08 AM
Awesome Angel!! That is great!! I am so happy for you! I am going to weigh in tommorow. Let you guys know the results!!

CynthiaB
10-05-2005, 07:22 AM
Could it be that all this exercise and getting into shape really does help us sleep better? I had my 6 hours of sleep and after waking up at 5:30 and tossing and turning for an hour, I decided to get up. Last night I went to the exercise room here at the hotel and there was someone on the treadmill. So I got on the elliptical. I've used those before but it's been a couple of years. I'm not very coordinated, so I'm always afraid of falling off and embarassing myself (yes, I would probably hurt myself too, but being embarassed is somehow worse). But I did it for 25 minutes and it kicked my butt! And according to the thing that tells you how many calories you burned, it was almost as much as I burn when doing a whole hour on my treadmill.

Heather: Welcome to this thread! Hope you enjoy it here, we all are pretty good at supporting and motivating each other. Last week a couple of us came up with a challenge to do some cardio every day for 7 days. It was fun and kept us going (well, it kept us out of trouble, anyway :lol: ). Maybe we could start another challenge soon. All ideas are welcome! Good luck with your goals and please check back often! We're here for you.

Chantelle: Woo-hoo! Good for you! Isn't that a great feeling? I know we all lose the most for the first week or two, but maybe that's Nature's way of getting us motivated to keep going. Keep it up! (And good luck with your studies.)

I guess somebody moved our thread. I'll have to remember where to look, but I'm getting more familiar with the layout of this message board.

Okay, ladies, have a good Wednesday! Mini-challenge to all of you today: Drink lots of water. Talk to you later!

Cindy

carafre
10-05-2005, 01:50 PM
Chantelle - :bravo: :cp: :flow1: I am so HAPPY for you! Keep going! We are so proud and inspired!

I hope everyone is doing well... Seems like we've lost some people! No matter where everyone has gone, I hope they are stayin' the course.

Ok - I am up for the water challenge! Good luck ladies!

Cindy - I too feel more rested (no matter how much or how little sleep) after exercising hard the night before.

take care
carafre

mommy9802
10-05-2005, 09:57 PM
Hey ladies! How is everyone doing tonight, i hate to have to write about being depressed, but i guess i just need someone to talk to! I am upset about my wieght i have gained 2 pounds and i have done NOTHING different! I think it is because of my excercising and that i am starting to gain muscle but it still makes me feel bad! I will admit am OBSESSIVE about getting on the scale ALOT numberous of times in a day! When i was younger i would excercise for 6 hours a day and eat cracker and water and i was so OBSESSIVE about the way i looked and i was never satisfied, and when i looked in the mirror i never seen anything different, and a part of me is affraid that i am going back slowly to that same person! I don't know! Sorry guys don't mean to vent, just a little down! I am sure it will all work out, and i know it takes one day at a time! Just some days are harder than others i guess! Sorry!

Heather: Welcome to the Slimmin SAHMmies! I hope you meet your goals! Remember we are ALL here for you!

Cynthia: Girl stay strong, hey look at it this way atleast you don't have to clean after yourself, really, you can have a maid do it....lol!

AFWJenny: Stay strong during your tough time! Were here for you girl!

Have a great night everyone!

Alisha

CynthiaB
10-06-2005, 12:26 PM
Hi Alisha. Please don't get discouraged. I know it will happen to all of us a few times during our weight-loss journey, but it should only last a few days at the most before our attitude becomes positive again. Keep doing what you're doing, even if being depressed makes it a little bit harder for awhile, and soon you'll be out of it and VERY proud of yourself that you didn't give in to the depression by binging or not exercising.

As far as the gain, here are a couple ideas I had. First, if it's close to the montly visit from your friend, that could explain the gain. Second, from what I've read on this board, it's more important to measure your success in inches lost rather than weight. Sometimes the scale doesn't show improvement when the tape measure does. (Having said that, I don't think I even OWN a tape measure! I guess I should take the same advice, right?!) You mentioned that muscle weighs more than fat, but it also takes up less room so if the fat is disappearing while the muscle is getting bigger, you're still losing overall size. There is a message here on 3fc that shows a picture of muscle vs. fat. Viewing it graphically like that really helped me understand it. Here's the link: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37091

Keep your chin up, Alisha!

Cindy

carafre
10-06-2005, 12:44 PM
Alisha - :grouphug: Relax. Keep focusing on being healthy. You are doing such a great job. Take it from me ( a scale-a-holic) those two pounds could be anything. Breathe, stay away from the scale and keep to your plan. It sure sounds like one of those fluke scale things. Especially if you are close to your time of the month.
Keep your chin high!
take care
carafre

mommy9802
10-06-2005, 05:38 PM
Thanks Ladies! I don't know what i would do without you guys! It sure does help to have support of others who understand! Thanks again! Have a great day!

Alisha

angel_rose105
10-07-2005, 04:13 AM
It's 3 days till my next weigh-in and I'm getting excited I've decided that my ultimate goal is to be in the Weight Watchers magazine in the success files section. I'm so inspired by their losses and want to contribute to that and inspire others... Well tomorrow I'm taking another step in achieving my goals and getting a 'thigh blaster' which is basically a small version of a step machine... It's pretty cheap and I figure I can set higher and higher goals on it (eg 400 steps) and keep working my way up. I overdid my eating today, only very slightly though, so it will be easy to make up for it tomorrow... I just have to make sure I do! I've been going through one of those 'I don't want to do anything' phases and am avoiding my University studies even though my final exam is in a week! I'm feeling depressed today although I don't know why... My son is starting to find his voice at the moment (he's 10weeks now) and hubby's getting it all on the video camera... I don't know why I added that, but oh well... He seems to be constipated today although it's coming out runny, it seems to be hurting him...? Okay, well I'm gonna go now, so bye!!!

carafre
10-07-2005, 09:13 PM
Hello everyone! I hope that you guys are still around! I just finished up my cardio for today. I am back on the wagon. I walked 2 miles and biked 50 min.. I plan on doing atleast 60 crunches before bed. I really want to start losing again. Wish me luck!

Chantelle - I hope that all goes well w/ your studies! You sound so busy. I remember when my kids were only 10 weeks old... Seems so long ago! I was depressed some too. It would come and then go away. I hope you are cheery again soon! ;)

Well - I guess I'll hear from tou guys tomorrow. Weigh In!!!

take care
carafre

CynthiaB
10-07-2005, 10:59 PM
First, my progress in the weight loss department: I have been eating HORRIBLY all day. Joe's Crab Shack for lunch and Chinese takeout for dinner. Lunch was a salad and lobster bisque, not too bad. But dinner was crab rangoon and tons of fried rice. I just pretty much said to **** with eating right, I guess. And no exercise today, except walking through a bunch of houses. And not enough water. So it's been a crappy day for getting healthy.

Good news, though. We finally found a house. Put in an offer and it was accepted verbally with a couple changes, should be finalized in writing tomorrow. I'm glad that's over, I can't believe how long it took to find what we wanted. It's a pretty new house (2002) and is in one of those giant subdivisions with lots of other houses by the same builder. There are sidewalks everywhere, so the little guy and I will be able to walk all over the place for exercise!

Chantelle: That's a good inspiration, to be in the WW magazine. I haven't seen it but I've seen their success stories online. Before I joined 3fc I thought those people are very rare (that actually lose as much as I want to lose or even more) and I could never be one of them. But having seen so many success stories here, and watching people at all stages of the journey, is very inspiring. Sorry to hear about your little boy's bottom problems. It seems my little one had that every so often, as well. Just have to make sure to keep it clean to avoid diaper rash. Good luck with the new workout machine, let us know how it works.

Carafre: I'm still here! You're right, lots of the original folks don't seem to be around. But hopefully they're still lurking here and on the other threads. As long as they are getting the inspiration they need to meet their goals, that's all that matters. Good for you for doing all that cardio today!

By the way, I can't weigh tomorrow because I left my scale at home. We will be going home on Sunday, however, so I'll weigh then. (Just as well, that way I can get in an extra day of cardio!)

Okay, I'm finished with today's novelette. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Cindy B

mommy9802
10-08-2005, 08:39 AM
Good Morning Ladies! How is everyone doing today? I guess its time for weigh in well i guess i am happy to report that i lost the 2 pounds that i gained early in the week, so atleast i didn't gain more. But i didn't loose as much as i wanted too. But its ok. I can feel my loss in inches though. In my stomach alone i have lost 4 inches! So thats good! I will strive for more next week! :) :crossed:

Cynthia:Congrats on the House! Good luck, i hope everything goes well! :) :goodluck:

Chantelle: You go girl! Thats an AWESOME goal to work towards! :bravo:

Well ladies i hope everyone has a WONDERFUL weigh in, and an GREAT weekend! Take care! And stay Healthy! :sunny:

Alisha

CynthiaB
10-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Alisha: That's good that you ended up losing the two pounds you thought you had gained. I'd rather stay the same than gain any time. And the four inces off your waist is incredible! That's a couple sizes difference, isn't it?

I stayed the same this week, too. Whew, after all the times we've eaten out this week. But every time we ate out, I tried really hard to make good choices (as good as you can at places like Olive Garden and CPK). I've never had so many salads in my life!

A minor success story for me (not as good as your 4 inches lost, Alisha, but I was proud of myself nevertheless): Usually I wear shorts all summer, and by the time the first cool day comes that I have to put on jeans, I dread trying them on. Every year for the past several years I can barely fit into my jeans and wonder how I wore them last year. In fact, every fall I have to buy new ones. So the other day when the dreaded cool Fall day arrived, I gathered my nerves and slipped on last year's jeans. Lo and behold, they fit! Not any better than last year, but certainly not any worse, so I was very pleased. :D

On another note, we went home this weekend to check on the house and the cats. My son was so thrilled to see the cats again. He ran around forever looking for all of them, smiling and yelling their names (or what passes for their names in his language) every time he saw one. He had a blast! (I have to say, I did about the same thing in my own adult way! :o ) Aren't kids just the cutest darned things?

Cindy B

CynthiaB
10-09-2005, 10:29 PM
I just noticed my weight tracker said 194. I guess I forgot how much I weighed and I was at 196 this morning, so I actually gained 2 pounds this week. :( My first gain since beginning this journey. Yuck.

carafre
10-10-2005, 04:24 PM
Alisha - great job on losing inches! That's so wonderful..

Cindy - That is so adorable, your son calling the cats by name!!! It makes you want to squeeze them and hug them so tight!! Congrats on the jeans, too. I know it's hard when the scale says we've gained, but it sounds like you've corrected yourself by eating salads. I can't imagine living in a hotel, it's hard to eat out alot and keep it healthy. I know you'll do great.

I'm not doing so well. I am frustrated and depressed. But I refuse to be down. I also refuse to give up. I gotta go referee the kids...

take care, all
carafre

CynthiaB
10-11-2005, 11:34 AM
For Carafre and the rest of us who may be feeling down lately and stuck at our current weight:

You may have already seen this thread under Support, but if you haven't check it out. I can't remember who started it, but there are some great tips on changing things up when your weight loss slows down. I've learned a lot from reading it. Hope it helps others.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66421&page=2&pp=15

Cindy

carafre
10-11-2005, 12:23 PM
Could it be time for a new exercise challenge? How about we set a certain amount of minutes to do by the end of seven days? I think if I can focus on getting my exercise routine back on track, I can then refocus on my weight loss mini goals. Any takers?

take care
carafre

CynthiaB
10-11-2005, 08:08 PM
Sure, I'll take you up on that! I think that last mini-challenge we did really helped me, I hope it helped others too.

A certain amount of minutes for the week sounds great. I'm not sure how many minutes would be reasonable. 100? 150? More? (less?) I would assume this means cardio and not lifting.

Cindy

carafre
10-11-2005, 11:37 PM
:dance: Yippie! I agree - the last challenge really helped. I think 150 sounds about right for the first one. I guess we could include cardio & toning. I plan on using my kitchen timer for the bowflex time. I plan on doing my sets quickly so my heart rate gets up a little. My husband (an avid lifter) says that it (toning) definitly counts. How about this, 150 for cardio and um, 60 for toning. We have seven days. When do you want to start?

I hope everyone else is staying the course. Actually, I hope that everyone is swerving back on track after the various bumps and potholes!!

Here's to a great & productive challenge week!!! Good luck to all!

Side note - I have had a better day! I stayed up late last night in order to get caught up. It worked. I was able to walk my regular 2 mi loop and get in 25 min of cardio. I guess I'll add some situps.

take care ladies
carafre

1Fattychick
10-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Ok newbie here but just thought i would jump right in here I am a 29 yr. old sahm mom to 2 meg 4 cody 2 i am just starting to try to loose weight and am looking for all the encuragement i can get !! I would like to be at my goal weight by next summer for a very big vacation that we have planned !!!

I live in Ohio originally from oarnge county NY I grew up in walden ny right outside montgomery ! Loved it there

I would appercaite any advice at any time so bring it on !!!

carafre
10-12-2005, 10:24 PM
:welcome3: Glad to have you here. I am a SAHM to Riley (almost three) and Talon age one!! We have such a wonderful group of ladies here. I really think I would have thrown in the towel if it weren't for the friendship and kindness I've found here!!! :grouphug:

Wish you the best!!!
Take care
carafre

CynthiaB
10-12-2005, 10:28 PM
Carafre: You sound like you had a great exercise day yesterday. Good for you! 2 miles is a long way, that's a great workout. When do you want to start the challenge? I exercised today, so if you did too then let's make today Day 1. If you didn't, let's make tomorrow (Thursday) Day 1.

In case today is Day 1, here's my results: 35/150 minutes cardio, and 0/60 minutes lifting. Better than I expected to do. Also, I ate very badly for dinner. The hotel has free dinner on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday every week. Tonight it was barbequed pork and baked beans and cole slaw, homemade cookies, potato chips... need I go on? I ate badly, but perhaps not as badly as I would have just a few months ago. And I forced myself to get on the elliptical, for which I'm glad.

Welcome, newbie! You'll find tons of encouragement here. And lots of great advice, too! Good luck with your weight loss goals, stop in anytime!

Cindy B

carafre
10-12-2005, 10:50 PM
Today it is!! I haven't exercised yet but I am on my way. I am feeling better. Exercising has become like caffiene to me!! I have to do it in order to feel rested!!

Good for you! Yikes, free hotel food! I know how ya feel, or atleast I will! We are taking our first family trip ever to Seattle for a week. I am packing apples. I also made sure our hotel room has a kitchen so I can make a few healthy choices!! Anyway, more on that later... Don't sweat it - just remind yourself that (like you said) if you had done this a time ago, it would be worse! Progress ;) . I can NEVER turn down BBQ, ever. So I avoid it like the plague!! C-o-o-l!!

I gotta go rack up some minutes!!! Here's to losing five pounds before my trip in Nov.. I want my family to see a difference. That would be the best.

take care & happy exercising
carafre

1Fattychick
10-12-2005, 11:17 PM
thanks for the warm welcome !!!
I started my exercising today with a half hour of jumping on the trampoline and then this weekend my Dh and i will be seting up are work out equipment in the basement i have a gymnastics mat, a treadmill a small weight bench a stepping machine and a sking machine god bless FREECYCLE.org so i am hoping to put in a plan of action next week of jumping about half hour every day and then also getting in some weights in the evening !
wish me luck lol !!

carafre
10-13-2005, 02:29 PM
Good for you! :) Keep up the great work!!

I did 40/150 cadio last night and 0 toning! I hope to do some toning today! :p We'll see...

Have a great day ladies, I've got a ton of things to do! I'll check in later tonight!!

carafre

1Fattychick
10-13-2005, 03:04 PM
I don't want to sound stupid but what does " 40/150" Stand for lol i know its probally something simple but i can't figure it out !

CynthiaB
10-13-2005, 10:56 PM
We started a 7-day exercise challenge, and it started yesterday. We are trying to do 150 minutes of cardio exercise in 7 days (and 60 minutes of weight training). 40/150 means Carafre has done 40 minutes out of the 150 minutes so far.

As for me, I did ZERO exercise today. But I sure did a lot of eating! This really sucks, I'm in such a rut this week. I really want to go back home or get in our new home, hotel living isn't all it's cracked up to be. I can't leave the boy in the room, even if he's napping, to go to the exercise room. Instead I have to wait for hubby to get home in the evening, and then we've often got something to do. Also, I REALLY miss my Bowflex! I'm getting really crabby about the whole thing. I ate healthy all day until this evening, when I had 2 pieces of pizza (this was in addition to a normal dinner), and a Cafe Latte from Starbucks (decaf and skim milk, but still) and a Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti. Mmmm, yummy... but not so great.

I need to get back into my routine! We'll be going back to TN again this weekend (someone's looking at the house Saturday morning, please everyone keep your fingers crossed or pray or light a candle or whatever you do!).

BTW, 1Fattychick (sorry, I don't know your name!), are you on any special plan (Weight Watchers, etc.)? What sort of exercise are you doing? I'm not any plan yet, although I'm getting closer and closer to seriously looking into one. As for exercise normally I walk a lot (treadmill or walking trails) and I use the Bowflex. I'm a little off track right now because my hubby was transferred and we're in temporary housing for a month.

Talk to you ladies later!

Cindy B :(

carafre
10-13-2005, 11:36 PM
:wave: :listen: Cindy, I hear ya... It has to be tough right now for you guys. Just remember that hopefully (my fingers, toes, eyes, arms, legs are crossed) your house will sell ASAP. Keep your chin up (if you do up & down you burn more calories! :lol: ) Tomorrow is another day. I am here...

I know this isn't helpful, but I didn't get any exercise done today either. :( All I have are excuses so I won't even bother. :shrug: I haven't gained, yet. I am working out in the a.m.. I've been doing it at night after kids are in bed & hubby @ work. But I am not able to sleep. Four hours a night isn't cutting it. So we'll see.

Let's shake it off and pick ourselves up. We will do better. My mini goal for tomorrow is to make better choices all day.

take care
carafre

mommy9802
10-14-2005, 07:08 PM
Hey Girls! How is everyone doing! I think that an Excercise challenge is AWESOME! Yesterday i did 45/150. I did Taebo, so i guess its a little bit of everything! Well i can't stay on long gotta go run some errands! See you tomorrow at wiegh in. Good Luck to EVERYONE! I hope everyone has a GREAT night!

Welcome :wel3fc: you will really enjoy the Slimmin SAHMmies! We are all here for ya!

Alisha

carafre
10-15-2005, 10:49 AM
Alisha - So glad to hear from ya! Good for you! Do you like the tae bo stuff? Does it work? I am looking for something to change up my routine. Any advice ya have would help!!

Cindy - hope that you are doing ok and are still exercising.

And to all - 1fattychick, Jenny, Lara, Andrea, Rikki and all the others - I really wish all the best in your weight loss journey.

take care all
carafre

AFWjenny
10-15-2005, 11:22 AM
Sorry I have been MIA, I am doing better than I have, I am almost back to the weight I was before surgery. I think I am going to hit the gym today for some weight training.

mommy9802
10-15-2005, 01:57 PM
CareFre: Taebo is hard when you first start, but then it gets easier. I actually have the old tape which i think is the first one, i want to get the new one which is the bootcamp workout. It really works you out, and you loose inches fast, or atleast i do. What excercise routine do you do?

Ladies i have a confession, i have been bad this week with my dieting....i have not dieted at all, but i am happy to say that i have not gained a single pound and i have lost more inches, so all and all i am not too disappointed in myself. I hope everyone has a great way in!

Have a WONDERFUL weekend EVERYONE!!

Good Luck

Alisha

carafre
10-16-2005, 11:40 AM
Jenny - So glad to hear from you , girl! I am SO glad that you are getting better. :sunny:

Alisha - Thanks! I am going today to get the video. It can't hurt anything!! I haven't done so great w/ my eating either! I am here and back on track. I haven't done any more minutes yet! I think I am still @ 40/150. I plan on racking some up today.

Cindy B - Where are you? Best wishes ... :smug:

carafre

Jldsgirl
10-16-2005, 03:44 PM
Hi everyone, I'm glad i stumbled upon this thread :) I am a happily married SAHM to 2 beautiful kids, Christian 6, and Haleigh 5. I just really got serious about losing weight in August after I had a miscarriage. I desperately want to have another baby, but I want to be absolutely certain that I am in a great level of health and fitness before I try again. I have steadily gained weight since high school (I weighed 155 lbs then) I hit my all time high of 245 in the months that followed my daughters preterm birth and subsequent month in the NICU. I did alot of emotional eating during that time... I then gradually got down to about 220, and after the m/c in Aug. I weighed 218.6lbs.

I have been diagnosed w/ hypothyroidism and currently take 100mcg of Levothyroxine daily. I have started watching (very closely) what goes in my mouth. I cut out regular sodas, and am just making better choices in general. I have lost 4lbs in the last week, mostly water I am sure, but I'm not picky, LOL. I have been drinking tons of water it seems like :)

Hope you all have a great day...Sorry about the novel

carafre
10-16-2005, 04:44 PM
:welcome2: Hello there, Amanda! Nice to hear from you. I also have hypothyroidism!! I take 137mcg a day. I also have to exercise like a maniac in order to lose any weight!! I had a miscarriage before i had my son & daughter. I wish you the best in getting healthy. WE do mini - challenges to keep us going!! Right now we are doing a 150min cardio challenge & a 60 min toning. The challenge is a weel long. I think we end Thurs. You are more than welcome to join or catch the next one!! We also weigh in on Saturdays!!!

I am still at the same cardio but I am 20/60 for toning!!! Yes ladies I finally worked out on the bowflex!! :dance: Yay for me.... I plan on getting my cardio done tonight.
take care
carafre

Jldsgirl
10-16-2005, 09:05 PM
carafre,
Thanks for the welcome! The exercise challenge sounds great...I have to confess, I havent exercised at all this week. I tried to use one of my work out tapes but my vcr ate it, LOL. I need a new vcr! I also have to find my dumbbells, we just moved into this house and I am not sure where they are, LOL. I have to go into town and do my weekly shopping tomorrow, I think I'll go to the walking track and do several laps, maybe I can even talk DH into joining me. I used to walk every day when I was younger, but the road that I live on now, is not a safe place to walk. People drive like idiots out here and i am truly afraid to try to walk near the road. (I live in a rural area, so no sidewalks out here unfortunately)

I'll check back in tomorrow, hope you all have a good night

CynthiaB
10-16-2005, 09:13 PM
Hello all, I'm back from my whirlwind tour of the South (Atlanta to Tennessee to Alabama back to Atlanta, in 2.5 days).

Remember this past week when I was complaining about having trouble exercising and how badly I've been eating? Well, I'm down 4 pounds this week! I weighed myself several times at the same time I do every Saturday morning. I never trust my scale, so I've got two of them and they both said the same thing. I consider it a gift. I was getting so down on myself and feeling like I should just forget it for awhile, at least until we move into our new house. But now I've got renewed inspiration. Also, my husband had the same experience, except he stayed the same instead of lost. Again, though, by all rights we should have both gained.

Also, I had one of those "Duh!" moments this weekend. I was walking through Walmart's electronics section and saw some exercise DVDs and I thought, I can exercise in the hotel room while the little guy is sleeping. Why in the world didn't I think of that before?! So I got some Pilates video, I'll let you know how it is.

Hi Alisha! I've got the old Tae Bo tapes too. But I can't get past the instructional video! I know I'm getting a good workout by flailing around like a fool, but it's frustrating that I'm so uncoordinated! He's punching and kicking all over the place, and I'm tripping over my own feet. Good for you for doing it, because I know it's an excellent workout. By the way, congrats on not gaining, that's awesome. I too had a week like yours sounded last week. I pretty much gave in to all temptation, but I didn't gain either. And congrats on the inches lost! That's the most important part, isn't it!

Jenny: Glad to hear from you and hear you're feeling better! How did it go at the gym today?

Carafre: How's it going with exercising in the a.m.? I hate mornings, so I sleep as long as the little guy lets me (usually 8am or 8:30am). I would love to get up early to get some exercise out of the way, but just can't do it. Good for you for having such discipline. Although now that I look closer, you're last post says you're doing cardio tonight, so maybe it didn't work out after all. I'm at 45/150 for my cardio challenge this week, I hope to do better in the coming days. Unfortunately, I'm at 0/60 with the weight challenge. Congrats on doing the Bowflex! I love the Bowflex, especially upper body. If I could skip cardio and do that every day instead, I would be happy!

For next week's challenge, is anyone interested in a water challenge? Or another exercise challenge? I'm up for anything. These mini-challenges really help me, I hope everyone else likes them too.

Well, that's my epic novel for today. Hope you ladies have a good evening, and give all those little ones extra kisses (unless they're teenagers, they hate that)!

Cindy B.

carafre
10-16-2005, 09:47 PM
Let me get this in quick before I forget - 90/150 cardio & 20/60 toning.

Ok - Cindy, it's a gift that you very much deserved! I am so, so happy for you. I really think that we should do another exercise challenge & water challenge Whatever anyone else wants is fine w/ me.

I hate to cut it short but I gotta go.

carafre

CynthiaB
10-17-2005, 09:06 AM
Amanda: I'm sorry I missed you on my last post. I was typing and typing and knew I forgot something, but figured people we're getting sick of my long post so I just hurried through at the end and forgot you!

Welcome to 3FC and our Slimmin' SAHMmies thread! You'll find so much support on this website and tons of information. My favorite thing about all the message boards is the most people don't buy into any of the fads or "lose weight quickly" schemes. It's all about taking it slow and steady and changing your habits for the better for life. You have a very similar goal to mine, I wish you the best of luck.

That's great that you have a walking track nearby. Where I used to live there is a great walking track about 5 minutes (by car) from my house, and I used to take the little guy with me every single evening. Now I'm moving to a neighborhood with tons of sidewalks (and very hilly) so hopefully that will be even better.

So have you noticed a difference after you cut out sodas? A lot of people lose a good amount of weight just doing that. It's hard for me to remember to drink a lot of water, but I've been numbering the caps 1-5 with a sharpie, so I know how many I've had and how many I've got to drink.

A little about me: I'm a SAHM and have a 14-month old boy. Also, we've got 9 cats. My hubby just got transferred and we're living back in Atlanta (we were living in Tennessee), and currently we're in temporary housing (a hotel) until we close on our new house. So I've got some exercise challenges built right in this month!

Okay, have a good day, ladies! Make great choices today!

Cindy B.

Jldsgirl
10-17-2005, 06:54 PM
Hi Ladies,

Cynthia, Thanks for the welcome. And good luck w/ your move. I bet it will be nice to have those sidewalks and hills for your walking route. The walking track here is about 20 mintues from my house. It is located in town and we live in the boonies, LOL.

Would you believe that my wal mart has absolutely NO workout videos or dvds whatsoever!? I double checked today just to make sure, lol. But my DH did buy me a yoga dvd at the local pawn shop, I asked him if he REALLY expected me to be able to get in to some of those positions, LOL. He said he's proud of my progress, and that he knows that i will eventually be able to do them...Little does he know that even when I was thinner, I was still stiff as a board, LOL.

The only real difference I have noticed w/ dropping the sodas is that I dont have nearly as many cravings for sweets, of course that could also have alot to do w/ my mindset at this time. I think the times i tried to lose weight before, that i probably wasnt really ready, but this time I know that I must succeed.

I didnt get to go walking today afterall. DH went w/ me into town and his knees were hurting pretty bad (he has mild arthritis in his knees that started when he worked as a roofer) I have made about 10 trips up and down my basement stairs today, so that must count for something, lol.

Hope you all had a good day :)

CynthiaB
10-18-2005, 08:45 AM
Amanda: Your Wal-Mart sounds like the Wal-mart in my old town in Tennessee. They hardly had anything, but the sad thing is, it's practically the only place in town to shop for anything. Unless you like the Dollar General stores, there are 4 of them in that one small town. I'm very glad to get back to civilization.

Your hubby sounds wonderfully supportive. That really helps, it's amazing how many times I've read posts from people who's husbands don't help/don't care, and even make things tougher than they already are. But I guess everyone responds to weight loss differently (either their own or someone else's). Yes, your trips up and down the stairs do count for something. You'll find those trips get easier and easier the further you get in your journey.

I am up to 45/150 minutes of cardio and 10/60 minutes of strength training. I did my pilates dvd yesterday and it was pretty good. It wasn't quite yoga, but I was shaking trying to hold some of the poses she got me into. I hope to get on the elliptical tonight after hubby gets home.

How are everyone's little ones lately? Carafre, are yours over their illnesses? My little guy is doing fine, but he's gotten a little picky about eating lately. He'll focus on one thing on his plate and refuse to eat anything else. Last night it was noodles. I hate that, because he's always been such a good eater and has always eaten such healthy, balanced meals. I wonder if I should give him vitamins while he's going through this phase. Other than that, he's doing great. He's tired of all the travelling we've been doing lately, though. And he misses his kitty-cats. One of our cats is named Blair and he calls her Blah, and whenever he sees a picture of a cat he yells "Blah!".

Have a good day ladies. I'll check in later.

Cindy B.

mommy9802
10-18-2005, 09:33 AM
Good Morning Everyone! How is everyone doing today! I am doing pretty good. This week is a new week for me i am really trying hard not to fall off the "wagon"... :lol: And i am trying to upstep my excercise. Yesterday i did 30 minutes of Taebo, also i took a 30 minute walk with my son and pushed him in a stroller. So thats 60/150, I guess i can't complain. Ladies i really need your help on staying on this plan ESPECIALLY this week, on friday we are taking Family Pictures, and i want to look HALFWAY decent!

Amanda: :wel3fc: and most importantly WELCOME to the SlimminSahmmies! You will find ALOT of GREAT SUPPORT, from all these WONDERFUL ladies! Good luck with your goals......remember one day at a time.

Well i hope everyone has a great day! Good luck to meeting your excercise goals....Take care ladies

Carefre: Quick question, how long have you had hypothryoidism? My son has that and is 3 years old, he has to take Synthroid....just wondering if it is something he will have for the rest of his life....?

Alisha

carafre
10-18-2005, 11:19 AM
Alisha - good for you! Keep it up. We'll be here to keep you on the "wagon"!!

I was diagnosed w/ hypothyroidism 3 & a half years ago - but I've had it all of my life. I should've been on meds forever. :tantrum: It was never diagnosed. Long story, but the gist is my parents weren't that keen on taking us to the dr... I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis - which means it was inherited (sp?). I have felt better (besides the weight) in these last 3 years than I have ever felt in my life. Check with his DR. and see what the cause is. They should be able to tell you if he Hashimoto's. I will be on medicine for the rest of my life. Not everyone takes it forever but most do. I am so happy that he is taking medicine for it. I strongly believe I would have done so much more if my parents had listened... anyway good for you!

I walked at 7 this am!!! I only did 30 minutes (the kids were not thrilled to be missing cartoons)!! I plan on doing my toning session and some more cardio. Hve a great day ladies.

carafre

AFWjenny
10-18-2005, 11:22 AM
Ok guys I NEED motivation!! This surgery kicked my A$$ I need to get back on track!! Now that I got fired and have all this free time on my hands as well as DH working days I can finally start going back to the gym!! My neighbor and I are going to start walking with our kids everyday as well!!

I love the idea of a water challenge!! I know I do not drink enough water!!

carafre
10-18-2005, 11:28 AM
Cindy - Yes, the little ones are better. However, my little man is getting his molars & few other teeth in all at once!! I think I felt 5 breaking through!! HA! He's been grumpy and not eating. But atleast I know what it is. I know he'll fell better in a couple days. I understand totally about the picky eating!! My daughter wouldn't eat anything but peanut butter for a whole week! ARH!! Then it was bananas. Today, she is on a carrot fix. We will see how long this one lasts. She went through a noodle phase, too. I give her a Flinstone vitamin everyday (almost, when I remember.). Our pediatrician said it wouldn't hurt. I worry about how much she is actually getting. I swear I don't see how they survive on how little they eat!!!

Hope your little guy doesn't miss his kitties too much. They get so attached!!

Way to go on your minutes! :)

carafre

carafre
10-18-2005, 11:31 AM
ok JENNY - you asked for it!!!! Go, jenny! You can do it! :cb: You will feel so much better once you get going and keep going!! Good for you, go to the gym and get it done!!! :lol: :ebike:

Ok- I am going, ladies. Have a great day.

carafre

AFWjenny
10-18-2005, 11:40 AM
Thanks!! I am on it!!

Jldsgirl
10-18-2005, 03:57 PM
Alisha, My son was born w/ hypothyroidism also. he is 6 now and he will definitely have to take synthroid all his life, he is on 75mcg. His dr, tried to wean him off when he was 3 to see if could make his own, but unfortunately he's stuck on the meds. You're the first person i have ever met who also has a young child w/ hypothyroid. Oh, and thanks for the weclome :)

Cynthia, are you sure you didnt live in VA, LOL. Your old town sounds just like mine, we have 2 dollar generals, a dollar tree, and a family dollar. The worst part about my wal mart not having workout dvds, is that it is a SUPERCENTER they are supposed to have all these things, LOL. Oh well, I ordered a couple off of overstock.com hopefully i will get those in a few days.

Now I have a mommy question. My son, Christian, stays in trouble at school. I have taken his video games, grounded him, talked to him, everything i can think of. And yesterday he had a really good day, but today the principal called (again) to tell me that he threw scissors across the classroom, and that when they went out to the playground, he refused to come back inside! We have been over these same issues time and time again. Do any of you have any idea of what I can do to get through to this child? He doesnt show signs of ADD or ADHD or anything like that, he's just stubborn like his Dad, LOL. And he is doing wonderful academically, so if we could just tame his behavior, his school year would be great.

Thanks again for all the support. I havent eaten or done much of anything today. My stomach feels queezy. My little brother and my nephew had a stomach flu over the weekend, so i am probably about to suffer through that, LOL. As long as all 4 of us dont get it at the same time I'll be ok, LOL.

Have a Great day

tonton
10-18-2005, 04:31 PM
Heya all!
I'm sorta kinda a newbie to these boards (I've come and gone a few times but never been to involved). I'm a stay-at-home and work-at-home mommy to two cute little guys and I would love a place to vent my frustrations over having to deal with a home/kids/husband/job/ AND try to lose this dang baby weight that I've been carrying (and steadily gaining more) for three years now! It's so nice to meet ya'll!

carafre
10-18-2005, 07:38 PM
:welcome3: Hello, Tonya! Welcome & vent away!!! You sound so very busy. I hope that you like it here w/ us. I really enjoy the support and advice that I've found here. Best wishes & welcome...

carafre

AFWjenny
10-18-2005, 07:41 PM
Ok so I did pilates and we walked our kids to the park, (uphill)!! I am so excited!!

carafre
10-18-2005, 07:42 PM
Amanda - Sorry, I meant to add that I don't know what else to do for your son. The only thing I would suggest is to read the Dr. Phil book (if you are in to that). I've heard (from many moms on a moms board I visit) that it is the best. I haven't read it myself, yet. Anyway, I wish you the best.

carafre

carafre
10-18-2005, 07:43 PM
Jenny - yay for you, girl! I am SO excited for you also!!! Keep it up!!!

I am off to finish my workout for today!!!

carafre

Jldsgirl
10-18-2005, 08:26 PM
Tonya, Welcome to the board! I have only been here a few days myself and these ladies are awesome.

Carafre, I might have to look into the Dr. Phill book... I have a book here by Dr. James Dobson called "Dare to Disipline" I just havent had time to read it yet. Christian and I had a long talk about what happened today, and hopefully he wont repeat today's behavior.

Hope everyone had a great, healthy day :)

CynthiaB
10-18-2005, 09:09 PM
Hello ladies. Hope everyone has had a good day. Glad to see this thread so active, so many great people here.

I did 20 minutes of strength training but no cardio today. So I'm up to 30/60 of strength training in our challenge, and 45/150 of cardio. Not the greatest week for me. For eating, I've been doing very well all week (well, it's only Tuesday). We went out to eat at CPK and I only ate half my meal and will have the rest for lunch tomorrow. But we also went to Starbucks on the way home; I'm making up for lost time, having for the past year not lived within 50 miles of a Starbucks. But you will be proud, I have a Vanilla Latte decaf with non-fat milk, and I do have a biscotti but it's not too bad for a dessert (140 calories and 6g of fat). :coffee:

Welcome back Jenny! Don't worry, we'll keep on ya, if that's what you need. By the way, did you exercise today? :nono:

Amanda: Yes, my Walmart was a supercenter too, supposedly. You know what they didn't sell? Popcorn! They sold all kinds of microwave popcorn, but no regular (i.e., healthier) popcorn. As far as your boy, I can't really relate yet, as mine is still very young. I'll send good thoughts your way. The only thing I would say is don't jump to conclusions about him having ADHD or whatever they're calling it nowadays. He's just a normally active boy, I'm sure. Maybe he's not being challenged enough in school and you can talk to the teacher about giving him extra or higher-level work. Make sure he's getting enough exercise at home, too. Personally, I just think the school environment can be hard to adjust to. When I was in kindergarten we lived very near the school, and I would just leave the school and run home at least once a week. But I got used to school and enjoyed it the more challenging it got.

Well, I said I didn't have any advice or experience for you, and I've typed a whole magazine article already!

Hello, Tonya, and welcome to 3fc and Slimmin' Sahmmies! You'll fit right in here. Good luck with your weight loss goals!

Hi Carafre, hope you had a great day!

For the next challenge (whatever we decide), can we start it on Saturdays from now on? I'm getting confused on what day of the week I'm on but I always know when it's Saturday (weigh-in day!). If that doesn't work for everyone else, that's fine too. Also (boy I'm full of suggestions today, huh? or full of something, anyway ;) ) maybe we can pick one person each week to come up with the challenge, since there are so many people with so many great ideas?

Have a good evening, ladies!

Cindy B

carafre
10-18-2005, 09:52 PM
I second to move the challenge start day to Sat.. I am so confused!! I also like the idea od each person picking a challenge!!

I am up to 180/150 for cardio!!! Yay!!! But I only ended up w/ 30/60 for toning. I hope that I lose a pound or two soon.

Hello to all & hope you have a fabulous night.

carafre

P.S. What is your motivation to lose the weight and keep it off this time? How does this differ from other attempts at losing? :blah: Just curious!!!

Jldsgirl
10-19-2005, 08:19 AM
Cynthia, No Popcorn?!!? ROFLMAO That's just too funny, of all things not to carry, lol.

I know that ADHD is not Christian's problem, he isnt overly hyper and he does have a pretty good attention span for a child his age. He was upset when he came home yesterday because they didnt let him finish the paper he was working on when he threw the scissors across the room. I asked him why he thought they would give the scissors back to him after he had thrown them. He just didnt understand why throwing scissors was wrong so we had a LONG discussion on the topic and Hopefully some of what I said clicked w/ him.

My Motivation to lose weight:
I have known for a while that I needed to lose weight. But when I had my miscarriage at the end of August, it finally settled in that I HAVE to lose this weight. I want to try to have another baby, but I want to be certain that I am in my best physical condition before i do. I also want to have more energy, and just be healthier in general. Plus diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease are all well imbeded into my family history and I do not want to deal with these things 1st hand.

OH, Saturdays sound great for starting the challenges, I was wondering what day they started on, lol

AFWjenny
10-19-2005, 10:50 AM
I love the idea of starting the challenges on Sat!! Just make sure you explain them in full, because I am dense. I think we are going to walk to the nice park on base today!! Its like a mile away. Have a picnic lunch with the kids and walk home! That will be a two mile walk. Then I might drag the weights out for some muscle conditioning!!

ACharron
10-19-2005, 11:43 AM
I would love to become a part of this thread. I have been home now since November 1st of 2004; that is when I was put on bedrest for the remainder of my pregnancy and hence the reason I now have 40lbs to lose. My oldest daughter is 9 and I have a 7 month old son at home. I love being a SAHM and would not trade it for the world.

Well on to my weight loss issues. I have always been somewhat overweight, but in 2001 I finally hit my goal and was so happy and felt so comfortable in my own skin. That was then and this is now. I have been successfull in losing some of my pregnancy weight, but still have about 40lbs to go until I reach 155lbs. I am about 5'8" I think 155 is right on track for me and will bring me to a size 8!!!! I tend to get somewhat depressed about my body and the way it now looks, but I am determined to make a difference and get back into shape.

AFWjenny
10-19-2005, 09:24 PM
Welcome Acharron!! I love this thread and the women in it!!

Havent made it out to do my 2 mile walk yet, my buddy will be home soon and DH is going to watch the girls!!

Hey whats our weigh in date?

carafre
10-19-2005, 11:22 PM
:welcome2: Hello. Andrea!!! I think I can relate! :lol: I am trying to get the weight off once and for all. You will love the ladies here... So much support!!! We are so glad to have ya! I guess we will start our weigh in & new challenge on Sat.. We set a mini challenge of some sort to help keep us going week to week. We also weigh in on Sat.. I really hope you find the support you need here.

Jenny - I think it's set that we will weigh in on Sat.. I think we were going to do a water challenge of some sort. I also think we should pick someone to start this weeks challenge. I think it was Cindy's idea about the water, so Cindy how about you start us off this Saturday, ok? Then we could take turns each week.

Ok day for me. I am skipping cardio tonight. I did tons of stairs last night. My kids were both up all night!!!! I am so sore!! I guess that's one way to get the exercise in. I am planning on doing crunches and lunges. Wish me luck, ladies!

My motivation is me. I want to feel better, look better and wear smaller clothes. I mean, being healthy is a plus. But I want to see if I can do this. I want to do it for me.

carafre

CynthiaB
10-20-2005, 12:59 PM
Hello Sahmmies! Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. I'm a bit stressed with the whole relocation thing. We're probably going to have to move the closing date for our new house because of much delay with the relocation company giving us a buy-out amount for our other house. That would be a moot point if our house would sell, but the market is so slow in that area that probably won't happen. But I'm doing okay with eating this week and not stress-snacking. At least I don't think so, I'm notorious for "forgetting" snacks! As for exercise, I'm up to 55/150 in cardio and 50/60 for strength training. The pilates dvd I got is pretty good, but there is only 10 minutes of cardio on it. I haven't been down to the exercise room this week.

Welcome, Andrea! Yes, isn't staying at home with the little ones wonderful? Congrats on the new little one! I hope you enjoy it here on the 3fc site and find all the support you need. I'm sure you will!

Amanda: How is your little guy doing lately? I hope he got his temper tantrum out of his system and is back to being a little angel. But I'm sure there will be more challenges ahead for both of you, especially since he's a boy! :D

Jenny: How are you doing on your cardio exercise? Hope you're sticking with it!

Carafre: I noticed you said you do lunges. Those are so tough! I've heard they're great exercise, along with squats. Good for you!

Okay, I'll pick next week's challenge. It will start Saturday (our weigh-in day). Try to drink your ideal amount of water every day for 7 days. I don't want to tell you how much to drink because I don't know how much is enough. Personally, my goal is to drink 5 bottles a day (the 16-1/2 oz bottles). You may need more or less.

Well ladies, my little guy, whom today I've dubbed "The Incredible Non-Napping Baby", is getting very fussy. I will try to play with his blocks with him and if that doesn't work, he'll have to take an early nap this afternoon since he didn't nap this morning. Talk to you later!

Cindy B.

mommy9802
10-20-2005, 04:47 PM
Hey Ladies! How is everyone doing? Good i hope! I am sorry i have not reported in things have been crazy lately! And then this morning i got bad news at 5:30 in the morning that my cousin had been killed in a motorcycle accident! I feel so bad for his family. I just pray that he did not suffer. But because STUPID FLORIDA has a law that you don't have to wear helmets when riding a motorcycle, he wasn't wearing one.........So needless to say i have been really unmotivated today, i have stuck to my diet, but i had to break it about 1 hour ago, because i was shaking and numerous of other things, i think might of had a sugar crash or something, cause as soon as i drank some sprite, i feel a little better. But i still feel down, so i think i am gonna skip excercising and go to bed early! But i did get in 11/2 walk on Tuesday and i also did Taebo for 30 minutes. And yesterday i did Taebo for 30 minutes. But today i just don't feel energized and i feel kind of sick, so i think i will take the day off. But i am COMPLETLY disappointed in myself, i just hope i don't gain water wieght becasue tommorrow we are taking family pictures! Hey what kind of diets is everyone doing? I am doing the atkins "my way" .....what about everyone else?

Tonya :wel3fc: and most importantly welcome to the SLIMMINSAHMMIES!! You will find such GREAT support here, i hope you reach goals! Good Luck!

Alisha

mommy9802
10-20-2005, 04:52 PM
Sorry....FORGOT SOMETHING

Cindy: Hang in there girl! Be strong!

Carefre: Thank you SOOOoo much for your info, i will ask when he goes to the doctor next about how he got the hypothyroidism.....he just had a bone age xray done, and the doctors said he is showing at 3 years...so thats a good thing......If you don't mind me asking are you short? My son is SHORT! Even though he is almost 31/2 he still fits into 24 month clothes....that was our first sign with our "ped" that something was wrong because he started falling off the height charts.....but poor thing has to go through blood tests and x-rays....and he has SEVERE white coat syndrome...anyways thank you for the info......Do you know of any sites where i can find more information?

Alisha

Jldsgirl
10-20-2005, 04:54 PM
Cynthia, my "angel" got sent home today and is suspended tomorrow for hitting another little boy in the lunch line. He's only in Kindergarten! I am so stressed out right now that I could easily eat a whole pack of choc. chip cookies...Good thing there arent any in the house, LOL

DH took me to the local mexican place for lunch today, I think I ate way too much. I had 1 hard shell taco w/o cheese, an enchilada, and spanish rice, and I had about 10 chips w/ salsa...I did manage to pass up the guacamole (Sp?) though, which is hard for me, LOL. I will probably not have very much at all for dinner to make up for it, after all, I still feel stuffed. Next time we go, I think I will have a chicken fajita in stead, I should have today but I was trying to save a little $, lol.

Also I noticed today that when I try to do squats, I get a really intense burning sensation right around my knee (not in my thigh muscles), is this normal when you first start out, or do you think I am either doing something wrong, or there is maybe something wrong with my knees

I hope you ladies had a wonderful day!

CynthiaB
10-20-2005, 08:27 PM
Alisha: I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. That is so tragic. My condolences. Unfortunately, someone I know was also recently killed in a motorcycle accident. He was the father of one my 12-year-old stepson's baseball teammates. So sad.

Don't worry about taking the day off from exercising or eating right. You've got a lot on your mind and there are definitely some things that are more important.

I'll reply about my eating plan: None, so far! I'm afraid of the Atkins, because I don't really understand it. I think a lot of people overload themselves on protein. Before my son was born and I was still working, a lot of my coworkers were on it (supposedly). To a person, they all ate pork rinds and jello for lunch every day! What in the world is that about? I know they probably weren't doing something right and I shouldn't judge Atkins based on them! I can't stand pork rinds, and I don't eat Jello anymore now that I know what it's made out of. Anyway, I'm just eating in moderation and trying to make smart choices. I probably should have a more structured plan and will soon.

Amanda: You poor thing! He's having a bad week, isn't he?! He must be having a hard time adjusting to school. It takes some kids longer than others. After all, especially since you stay at home, he's used to being at home and all of a sudden he's sent to this unfamiliar place with unfamiliar people. It can be scary, and maybe that's his way of asserting a little control. He'll get better, I'm sure.

As for my son, he's been pretty crabby for the last few days. He's also been throwing things. I think they go through that stage at one point, don't they? When he's done eating, he'll pick up his food piece by piece and throw it on the ground. When I'm holding him he'll throw whatever he's holding, probably so I'll put him down. Tonight in Target he was holding something that I was buying, and he threw it on the floor a few times before I finally stopped giving it to him, and then he started crying. He stopped soon enough, but I can't help but think this is a premonition of the terrible-twos. But if I think that way, it will happen that way, so I'll choose to think positively instead. Besides, not to make excuses but he's been very gassy all day, so that may have contributed to his mood.

You know you've been typing too long when you start talking about gas, so I'll close for now. Good night, ladies!

Cindy B

mommy9802
10-20-2005, 08:52 PM
Cindy: I hate to ask...but what is Jello Made of? As far as aktins....those people you worked with they just took it to the limits, it is ALOT of protien and veggies, but certain kinds! But the results are AWESOME! And you can eat until your full......no calorie counting or fat counting, of course your results will be better if you do lean meats and low fat cheeses...etc.....Anyways just a thought. I know for me the Atkins works....so until i reach a reasonable goal i am trying to keep it up. Some days are harder than others, but i guess we ALL have those days! About your son, i totally know what you are going through my son had the terrible twos, and now he has the HORRIBLE threes he listens to nothing i say....but i continue to try hard....but sometimes it just does not work....well sorry to blab....Have a good night!

Alisha

carafre
10-20-2005, 09:14 PM
Alisha - :grouphug: I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Don't worry or stress. Go be w/ your loved ones. You are in our thoughts. I am so very short! There are many thyroid websites but I can't remember the names! I just type in thyroid and go from there. You are so very welcome. Anything I can do to help, I am here...

Amanda - I really wish I could help. It sounds like your son is having a rough time w/ something. I hope he has a better time of it next week. As far as your knees burning, I have had that. But my knees actually got better after doing squats for awhile. I would first check w/ your doc. to make sure your ligaments are ok. Good luck w/ all!!

Cindy - :lol: Our sons could be twins!!! My son tried so very hard to empty the shopping cart today! I'm not sure what he thought was funnier, the sound of the food hitting the floor or the site of mommy bending over and picking everything up (repeatedly!)!! They do grow out of it. Y ou should see my kitchen after meals & snacks. Talon loves to dump his food on the floor. I learned after my daughter , to let him do it & have a drop cloth on the floor. The less they see that it bothers you, the faster they move on to other fun stuff ( like shoving food up their noses!!)) :rofl: Best wishes & happy cleaning!! ( I am headed to my disaster area pronto)!!!

I walked today and ate less... I am going to bike after cleaning up the kitchen, if I have the strength!! :lol: Keep your heads up and bodies moving!!

take care
carafre

Jldsgirl
10-21-2005, 01:53 PM
Carafre & Cindy, just think of all the exercise you get from bending over to pick up your shopping cart contents over and over again ;)

I feel like such a loser today, LOL. DH wanted to go over to a family run burger joint for lunch, I caved and had a burger w/ fries and a small coke, not diet either,lol. Then when I got back, I thought, "Hey, I think I'll try out this new "Firm" dvd I got yesterday" Let me just say, I only made it 10 minutes, LOL. 2nd of all OUCH, I am SOOOO out of shape. I definitely got my heart rate up though, I was thinking that since I Obviosly cant do the entire workout at once, that I will try to to 10 min in the am and 10 minutes in the pm until I am able to do a longer session. At least it is a start.

I dont know what is going on w/ Christian. I think that maybe the fact that he hasnt got to spend much time w/ his Dad lately is really bothering. DH works evening shift, so he isnt here when the kids get home from school, and he works most weekends too. He's off tomorrow though so he is going to take Christian out and do "guy stuff" with him. I told him that was fine, cause I am taking Haleigh to Old Navy so I can try to find her some jeans for winter...wish me luck though, I have a terrible time finding pants to fit her, lol.

Hope you all have a great day

CynthiaB
10-21-2005, 08:56 PM
Amanda: That's not the worst meal in the world. At least you got protein in the burger. Anyways, I think everyone needs a "free day" once in awhile, so don't beat yourself up about it. Keep working at your new dvd, you'll get the hang of it soon enough, and besides you're getting in shape while trying! (Easy enough for me to say, I start sweating just LOOKING at my Taebo tapes!).

My son is getting a guy's day tomorrow with his Dad, too! I'm running to Tennessee to check on the house and the cats, and my hubby and The Sir will be spending the day together, first time in a long time. Then, the next day he's golfing, so it's back to Mommy and Baby time.

Carafre: That's a great idea about a drop cloth! He's just so messy lately. At least I've gotten over embarassment at restaurants, I used to apologize profusely to the waiters when we left! I've got a couple of those cool plastic bibs that have little pockets on the bottom that catch all the food. I got them for a Christmas gift, and the only place I've been able to find them is Ikea. Maybe I'll go next week and get some more.

I will check in tomorrow, but it will be late. I think I'm going to bring my scales back to Atlanta with me so I don't have to go all the way to Tennessee to weigh every week (ha-ha! I go there for other reasons obviously, too!). Anyway, good luck to all with day one of the water challenge. And most of all, good luck with those of you who weigh-in tomorrow! :goodscale Have a great weekend!

Cindy B.

carafre
10-21-2005, 10:26 PM
As in I feel icky. :( I have had the worst day yet. I ate all day today!! I am kinda down but not depressed. I could not stop today. :cry: I just don't get it. I have a theory but I am not sure. Does anyone else get hungrier @ their time of month? I haven't actually had a period yet (am still nursing) but I always feel kinda of pms-like about this time very month. I don't know. Anyway, I'll be here tomorrow, not looking forward to it this time. :lol:

take care all
carafre

mommy9802
10-22-2005, 09:09 AM
Good Morning Ladies!! How is everyone doing? Good i hope! Well its time for another wiegh in....i am happy to say that i lost another 2 pounds.... :) it is not as much as i wanted to see but its better than gaining.....So i am happy. This week has been so hard for dieting because its my TOM and it has made it SOooooooo hard!!!!

Carefre: Stay Strong Girl!! I know how those days are! I totally get more hungry and find it hard to diet close to TOM. Mine just started LUCKY ME :mad: Hey, thanks again for all your info on hypothryoidism. ;)

Amanda: As far as you "splurging" TRUST ME we all have those days. And you know i think you have to give yourself those days, cause if you don't then you will be more likely to keep giving yourself MANY of those days, you know? Don't stress it. :D

Well ladies i hope everyone has a GREAT weigh in! Good luck and i will talk to you all later! Remember we are ALL BEAUTIFUL inside and OUT! Take care ladies!

Alisha

AFWjenny
10-22-2005, 12:35 PM
Ugg No weight loss, I even exercised this week. Maybe better luck next week...

carafre
10-22-2005, 01:48 PM
No weight loss, no gain either. I am going to work out x-tra hard starting today!!! No excuses for next week.

Alisha - :cp: Yay for you! 2 more pounds is awesome!! Happy day!!

Jenny - I worked out this week also w/ no loss. Keep positive. It'll happen next week. Keep exercising & drinking water. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Have a great weekend, ladies...

carafre

Jldsgirl
10-22-2005, 03:47 PM
My scale says I'm down another 4lbs this week...not sure i should believe it, lol. I have made some really bad choices this week. Plus I am eating plenty of calories, so I just dont get how I am dropping 4lbs a week? Oh well I guess I shouldnt complain.
Congrats to all who have watched the scale go down, and even to those who only maintained. I have to get off my fanny and get busy on this house.

Hope you all have a good weekend

CynthiaB
10-22-2005, 10:06 PM
Just a quick post for now. Ladies, I confess I cheated today. I did not weigh. I always weigh myself first thing in the morning, before dressing or eating anything. But my scales are at home in Tennessee, and by the time I got up and drove home, 4 hours had gone by, along with... um.... an Egg McMuffin. There, I said it. So I didn't feel like weighing, I conviced myself it would be better to take my scales back to Atlanta and weigh tomorrow as soon as I get up.

But even without weighing, I had a bad day. Well, it started out good. I got to see all the kitties. Boy, I sure miss having them around! But on the way home, I ran out of gas on Interstate 75, just outside Atlanta. I had to pull over and call my hubby. He had just put The Sir down for a nap, so he had to get him back up and drive out to where I was and bring me some gas. Man, I haven't run out of gas in years! I used to do it all the time. I was in hubby's truck today, though, which I'm not used to driving and which gets much worse gas mileage than mine. I can go home and back and still have 1/2 tank left with my car.

Well, I'll be here bright and early tomorrow with the results of my w/i. Congrats to those who lost or stayed the same, and I'll write more to you tomorrow.

Cindy

PS: I am on my final bottle of water for today's water challenge, so that's one good thing!

carafre
10-22-2005, 10:30 PM
Cindy - OMG, I am so sorry! I can't even imagine... The egg mcmuffin isn't that bad. You are drinking water so it'll be ok. How's the working out going?

Amanda - 4 pounds is 4 pounds (as long as you're not standing w/one foot off! :lol: ) Enjoy, have a great workout to celebrate!! :devil:

Ok - I am doing ok on the water challenge. I've decided on atleast 80oz a day. That should cover me for nursing as well. I am a little upset tonight. I went to the mall today to meet some moms and walk around. All went fine until I was packing my little ones into the car and some young teenager started to make fun of me laughing w/ my kids. I didn't say anything because I really don't care, I remember what it was like at their age. But I would never have done that. What's wrong with all of these mean people today? I just want to ask this girls mother if she condones this kind of behavior! I would be livid if I found out my kids did something like this. I don't know, I am just tired...

carafre

CynthiaB
10-23-2005, 09:46 AM
I stayed the same this week. Better than I deserve!

Carafre: Good for you on the first day of the water challenge. I think I'm at 80 oz a day, too. That is horrible about the teenager! Kids and teenagers have always been that way, teasing each other. But I remember when I was growing up, you didn't treat adults that way! We always had utmost respect for all the "grown-ups". You don't see that so much nowadays. I think so many parents just don't take the time to teach their kids anything at all, much less morals and respect.

Amanda & Alisha: Congrats on the losses! Keep it up!

Jenny: Hey, it's better than gaining. And you're still getting over your surgery so it will take time to get back up to your weight-loss speed. I'll bet you'll soon start to see changes on your scale and make up for lost time.

Okay, my son is getting crabby and trying to add to my post, so I'd better go for now. Talk to you later!

Cindy

carafre
10-23-2005, 08:33 PM
Cindy - That's good news. I am so happy when I don't gain!!

As for me, I walked two miles, did a 20 min. toning session and 60 crunches. I also did 30 minutes on the bike!! I am almost done w/ my water for today. We'll see how it goes.

carafre

AFWjenny
10-24-2005, 01:14 AM
Ok so I got on the scale this morning! I am only 1 pound away from where I was when I had my surgery!!

Ok I must have missed what the water challenge was about. How does it go?

CynthiaB
10-24-2005, 12:39 PM
Carafre: Whew, that's a lot of exercise! I'm proud of you! Here's a new dancing carrot for your reward: :carrot:

Jenny: Sorry you missed the post about the water challenge, it's probably buried in one of my novels. Each day, drink your maximum desired amount of water. In my case it's 5 bottles a day (16.5 oz each). You choose an amount that works for you. Good luck!

By the way, my hubby is excited about this week's challenge and he's doing it too!

It's very cold here today in Atlanta, very windy. How's the weather where you all are?

Cindy (PS, sorry my signature has gotten so giant, but it helps me keep track of things! :^: )

Jldsgirl
10-24-2005, 02:12 PM
I'm freezing here in Va, LOL. It has been sleeting most of the day, and they are calling for a chance of snow flurries over the next couple of days. Makes me really glad I bought myself a new long sleeved shirt at old navy Saturday, And Makes me REALLY glad that our oil stove heats so well, LOL.
I'm making brownies w/ the kids later, it seems like good weather for baking, lol. Dont worry, though, I hate brownies so I wont be eating any.

I have only had 1 glass of water so far today, but plan to get in at least 5 more before bed time. Also no exercise today, I think I pulled a muscle in my back during my sleep, so I dont want to make it worse. Hopefully it will feel better after a long hot bubble bath.

Any who I have to get dinner in the oven, and get ready for the kids to come home, we're carving our pumpkin tonight, so it will be a busy evening.

carafre
10-24-2005, 02:54 PM
Hey ya'll!! It's cold finally here!!! I am so happy! :carrot: I just love this time of year!

Jenny - :) Keep going! See, not so bad, right? You are doing great! How's the exercise going?

Cindy - :lol: I love the carrot!!! Good for your hubby for joining our challenge!! I bet it helps you out too, doesn't it?

It's about 55 degress, windy and just how I like it. I've completed my first workout for today. I did 20 min. toning (legs) and 10 min on the elliptical thingy. I have 2 bottles left of water to drink!! I like this challenge!!! I am off to entertain the kiddies!

carafre

carafre
10-24-2005, 10:33 PM
:dizzy: Ok - I need to add that I completed 50 min cardio on bike and am going to do atleast 60 situps.

Where is everyone? :D

Have a great night!!

carafre

mommy9802
10-25-2005, 12:37 PM
Good Morning Ladies! How is everyone doing. Sorry i have not wrote in a couple of days...been taking care of some family stuff. But i am back.....

My exercise plan is as follows:
Sunday: Nothing
Monday : Crunches and walking for 1 hour i have totally kept up with my water intake sunday was 96oz and Monday was 64oz so i am getting my water in.

carefre: do you do situps or crunches...i don't think i could do situps yet. You go girl! ;)
Well i will try and write more later, i gotta go make lunch...later i have to go and get my boys a winter jacket it is starting to get cold up here in TN...Brrrrr so they need it soon! Talk to you all later! Have a GREAT day!

Alisha

Jldsgirl
10-25-2005, 01:51 PM
Good afternoon ladies! It is SNOWING here in Southwest VA! Ok...just flurrying but still, LOL. Yesterday it was sleeting. I sent the kiddies to school in long sleeves and winter coats today. I cant believe how cold it is already, but then again, we are due a bad winter.

I have been craving sweets like crazy the last couple of days! I keep trying to avoid it, but I think i am eating more calories by trying to eat "around" what i want, lol. But I dont want to give in to the sugar cravings because I was feeling so much better the last couple of weeks...
I havent gotten my water in the last couple days either. But am on track today.
Hope you all are having a great day. I gotta get off here and clean the house, and start my pot of chilli for tonight.

carafre
10-25-2005, 09:32 PM
Alisha - Good job on drinking your water!!! :carrot: Looks like you had a great workout on Monday!! Keep it up! BTW, I do situps on an exercise ball! It's easier on my back.

Amanda - I am so craving sweets too, but I can't yet because I will cave in and it would become a free-for-all!!

Cindy - I hope that you are ok and staying the course.. :carrot:

I walked 2 miles, had a 20 min. toning session, and biked for 50 min.. I am on my way to do my situps. I hope you guys have a great night. I am actuallu excited about the next challenge, whatever it is..

carafre

CynthiaB
10-26-2005, 07:59 AM
Hello ladies. Sorry I haven't checked in since Monday morning, I've had a really bad couple of days. Our relocation company "suggested" we put off the closing of our new house for another month. Yeah, like the sellers would go for that! They're having problems with the appraisers of the house we're trying to sell. It's such a big giant pain in the you-know-what. I was so upset with our relocation coordinator on Monday that I called my husband and started crying. Too much to go into detail here, but it's enough to say that after this is all over we're going to find out who everyone's boss is and send a few strongly-worded letters. It's still not resolved, not by a long shot, I have no idea when we're going to move. But I'm tired of being upset and crabby, so today is a new day.

No exercise lately (but I will get back on track today). I've been doing okay with water, but was a bottle short yesterday and Monday. Still drank a lot though.

Alisha: Good to see you back. Way to go on the water challenge, and keep up those crunches!

Amanda: Wow, snow already! Keep warm (exercise will help :D ). I have the sweet cravings this week, too. I think it's because my monthly friend is visiting. But I have no sweets in the house except fruit, so that helps. Except I'm eating a ton to keep up with it!

Carafre: You are the exercise queen! :queen: You are a great inspiration and I'm going to get back into my routine today. I'm also excited about the next challenge. How do we decide who comes up with the next one?

Okay, all, time to get the Sir out of bed and go downstairs for breakfast. Talk to you later!

Cindy

carafre
10-26-2005, 12:41 PM
Cindy - :crossed: Here's to thinking about you & prayin' that things work out soon. I can't imagine the tough time you guys are having. I would be livid at the relocation company! It is stressful enough to sell a house w/o any other problems, let alone having to relocate your family & spend time away from your beloved animals!! I am mad too!! :tantrum: I would write several letters after all is said and done. But for now, breathe and keep your chin up. Exercise & hopefully things will work themselves out. You are doing great w/ the water challenge. I know you've missed a bottle or two, but wow, 60oz is fantastic!!! :D

I gotta go - the kids are into something!!! I want to write more, but I'll check in later!!!

carafre

loosinbabyfat
10-26-2005, 03:16 PM
I've been missing. Gone.. kaputz... forget the diet! *sigh* I'm up a few lbs. :( My own fault tho! I need a kick in the rear! Someone, please?! :D

CynthiaB
10-26-2005, 03:28 PM
Thanks, Carafre, your kind words really mean a lot. I've been so negative lately and I know that isn't helping. I need to project more positive energy and you're right, exercise really helps! Thanks again. My hubby is taking the rest of the week off and we're going home to TN for the weekend. With a stop in between in Birmhingham AL for my stepdaughter's soccer tournament. So we'll keep our minds off things for awhile. We've lowered the price of the house today, so hopefully that along with a better attitude will help it sell.

Hey, I just came up with a great new exercise today: I took my little guy to the mall in his stroller and walked all over the place! There were a ton of others there with kids in strollers, so it must be a popular thing to do. This particular mall has a great play area for little kids. Luckily, I went AFTER lunch because mall food is really hard for me to resist! So I got about 45 minutes of decent cardio today already, and hopefully I'll go to the exercise room at the hotel this evening.

Talk to you later!

C

CynthiaB
10-26-2005, 03:30 PM
Welcome back, Becca! We're here to help motivate you! As a matter of fact, maybe this will help:

We're doing a mini-challenge every week and this week I got to pick the challenge. And I formally nominate you to pick next week's challenge. It starts on Saturdays so make sure you give us a day or so to prepare. This week it's drink lots of water. Last week it was a certain amount of exercise. It can be anything, even something mental instead of physical. And you can repeat past challenges, they're all important. So you're IT! (By the way, if you don't want to be IT, you can nominate someone else!)

Cindy

carafre
10-26-2005, 04:12 PM
:carrot: Becca, you're back!!! Back on track? Good!! I second the nomination for you to choose the challenge!!! Time to get moving and get happy!! You can do it!! ;) We have always been here to help! Let's go! :drill:

Cindy - We love to walk at the mall, too. I don't go very often. Riley is at the age where she wants to run off and I get irritated, quick. She will not ride in the stroller long. So, it's a treat now. I am glad that you enjoy it!!! Nice to hear you excited. :ebike:

Yes - I am the exercise queen this week!!! I walked two miles today and still have a toning session & bike cardio to do.

Who is interested in selecting challenges? What about joining them?
I am on both counts.

carafre

loosinbabyfat
10-26-2005, 04:42 PM
Thanks ladies!!! :) I'll try to think up a good one!! :D

Jldsgirl
10-26-2005, 05:20 PM
Hi everyone!
I am happy to say that I am back on track today! I have eaten well, and even got in 20 minute workout w/ one of my Kathy Smith DVD's. The only thing i am lacking today is water...I have really got to get back on track w/ my water , I can already tell i am retaining again, LOL.
Hope all are doing well.

mommy9802
10-26-2005, 07:43 PM
Good Evening Ladies! How is everyone doing tonight? Its chilly here today, i think our high was about 50. Brrrrr......I am determined not to have to go out and buy me any more pants, i want to be able to fit into the ones i already have....so thats my goal.
Cynthia *BIG HUGS* Stay strong girl! :grouphug:

Becca: Don't stress falling off the "diet" wagon and gaining it happens to all of us. Just jump right back on....we know you can do it! :ebike: Also i too agree that you should give the challenge this week! Good luck!

Well ladies i am happy to say i met my water challenge for today, i had 96oz of water.....i think i am going to start floating away pretty soon :dizzy: Have a GREAT night EVERYONE! Talk to you tomorrow!

Alisha

carafre
10-26-2005, 08:52 PM
Amanda & Becca - :strong: :cb:

Alisha - Cool Goal :cool: , HA HA!!!

You guys are great fun!!! I am glad that I checked back in!! I have a million things to do and nowhere to start! I am irritated because I am not going to be able to do my other w/o tonight. My house is trashed. My little guy ( :devil: ) was up all night last night. He has molars STILL coming in! All I have to say is the toothfairy is BANNED from my house. :censored: I got so behind w/ chores and laundry, etc.... I am playing catch-up now. I did get my water in today, so I am proud of that.

carafre

PS :?: If I haven't lost a pound this Sat. I am going to scream and all of ya'll will be able to hear me!! :tantrum: :rollpin: Oops, I just tried to jinx myself - Ok Happy thoughts.

Jldsgirl
10-27-2005, 08:28 AM
Good Morning Ladies! It is COLD here, LOL. I ended up only getting in 32oz of water yesterday, but did better than I have been, lol. My goal for today is 60oz. I stayed on track w/ my eating yesterday, Finally! I was having such a bad week...I think my hormones were out of whack for a few days there. But I am feeling much better today and cant wait to do my workout this afternoon.

Carafre-Teething is the worst, I feel for ya. My DS has been losing teeth left and right here lately, lol. he lost the 2 bottom front ones, and now the 2 top ones are coming loose...He'll be singing "All I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth..." LOL If I see the tooth fairy I'll tell her to stay away from your house, LOL. And dont feel bad if you didnt lose this week...I am pretty sure that I GAINED this week!

OH, my dear Christian is having a MUCH better week at school, thank goodness. I am hoping that all that talking has finally gotten through that hard head of his, LOL. I have to go over to the school later to pick up the things I ordered from his fundraiser, and I managed to stay away from the yummy chocolates he was selling, LOL I ordered a Thomas Kinkaid (sp?) planner instead ;)

I'm off to the store to purchase goodies for the kids' halloween parties at school. I am taking them straight to the school so that I am not tempted, lol. Hope you all have a great day!

CynthiaB
10-27-2005, 10:20 AM
Good morning, ladies! Just a quick note to say Hello and I won't be posting again until Saturday evening. Good luck to everyone who weighs Saturday morning!

Carafre: You ARE going to lose a pound, at least, at this week's w/i. There is no question about it, you've been exercising fantastically all week, drinking lots of water, and eating right. And you've been thinking positive thoughts, so don't stress it! :cool:

Amanda: Glad to hear your little guy is doing better. He just had a bad week like we all do sometimes. And I've really noticed that my little guy has a bad day when I'm having a bad day, I think they respond to the energy we project.

Hi Alisha! Stay warm. And good job with all the water you've been drinking.

Have a good rest of the week, all, and I'll check in on Saturday evening.

Cindy B.

loosinbabyfat
10-28-2005, 01:55 PM
And the challenge is.... umm.. hmm, I'm so not good at these things!!

I would say not scale for a week but I know everyone's weigh in days are different...

Last week was water..

So this week will be... Eat Healthy Every day. Follow your food choices/diet to the "t"...

This is going to be hard for me. :( But I can do it!!! I'm going to eat smaller portions and be sure to get my 5 a day... and no snacks after dinner!!

mamamoore4
10-28-2005, 03:00 PM
hello ladies. I was wondering if I could join? I'm a stay at home mom of 4 kids. 7 years, 4 years, almost 3 years and 9 months. I also homeschool and live in Texas. I'm 28 years old and just celebrated my 10th wedding anniversary last month.
I finally know I'm not having any more kids (unless God has other plans) and would like to lose this weight once and for all.
I started with my highest at 210 and have worked for the last few months to lose 25 pounds. I now weigh 185 and feel great. However I've got 40 more to go. I know with the holidays coming up it's gonna be hard, I LOVE to bake and have goodies around. So my goal is to maintain my loss. I think that for one since it's harder to maintain if I can achieve that I'll be tickled pink and know that I can do it after ALL the weight is off. If I lose during the holidays, that's just a bonus. I eat sensibly, my meals that is, and I exercise 5 to 7 days a week. My snacking isn't TOO bad until I bake and have goodies laying around.
I'd love to join in the fun and continue on my way.
Thanks

Jldsgirl
10-28-2005, 08:05 PM
Hi Crystal! Welcome to the board :) It sure sounds like you have your hands full! I have decided NOT to bake this year, lol. I cant resist fresh baked cookies :devil: I am 25 and am a SAHM to Christian 6, and Haleigh 5. I have just recently started my weightloss journey, and still have lots of off days, but I have lost 8lbs so far and visions of onederland dance in my head :carrot: You'll find lots of great support here, these ladies are great! Best of luck to you!!

Becca, I think the challenge is great!! Especially since I have been really off this week :o So my goal will be to keep my calories at 1500 or lower this week, and stay away from the sweets...I have been really craving sugar and carbs this week, so this will be hard, lol.

I am really dreading my weigh in tomorrow...I just KNOW that i have gained this week...But if I have it will keep me focused next week ;)

Hope everyone is having a good day, and best of luck w/ your weigh ins tomorrow!

carafre
10-28-2005, 08:29 PM
First off - Crystal, :welcome3: Wow, you are busy!!!! I hope you enjoy the group here. Such a wonderful group of supportive friends! Ok - Let's get going, girl. You can do it. If you want you can join us for our weigh in on Sat.. We also have mini-challenges!! (See previous post)

Becca - ARG - ok that is a challenge!!! I accept!

carafre

mamamoore4
10-28-2005, 09:13 PM
Wow, well thank you ladies. I do have my hands full I suppose. I have really good kids so other than them just being kids it's okay. And with homeschooling, it helps having them around all day.
I have been weighing on Saturday's so that's good with me. I would like to join in on challenges, that should help me keep trucking along.
Thanks again for the welcome. Can't wait to check in here tomorrow.

loosinbabyfat
10-29-2005, 08:23 AM
:^: My weigh in kept me at the same... no weight loss, no weight gain. That's good since I didn't work out or eat well all week. :^:

I'm going to do well this week!!! It's been SO COLD to go outside and workout... I need to find something I can do inside other than yoga. I def. need a cardio. :carrot: I miss it a lot. I've struggled w/ depression over the past few mos since my secon dmiscarriage and I really need the cardio exercise to help boost my moods. :)

I'm glad you are joining me in the challenge. i wondered if ti would be too hard. :o We can all do it!!! :carrot:

Jldsgirl
10-29-2005, 10:07 AM
I stayed the same this week... No one but myself to blame, I only exercised 2 days and i ate really poorly this week.

Becca, I just had a miscarriage at the end of August, so i know how you feel...My thyroid wasnt being controlled enough w/ the dosage of synthroid I was on at the time, and by the time I found out my little one had already stopped developing :cry: Actually, going through the pain and grief of losing my baby is what finally got me off my rather large rear end to do something about my weight. I want to try again, but before I do, I want to lose this extra weight, and get healthy. That way I will know that I have done everything in my power to ensure a healthy pregnancy. Sorry to have rambled on...

I have to take the kids to school tonight for their fall carnival...I plan on eating a healthy dinner before we go, so that I can resist the bbq and pizza they will be selling...Should be fun though, plus I will get the exercise of walking around the school for several hours :D

I'll check back in later, I have to get busy on this pigsty :)

Hope you all have a great day

carafre
10-29-2005, 11:51 AM
Becca & Amanda - :grouphug: Getting healthy is the best thing we can do for our bodies. You guys are great.

I stayed the same again! :bomb: Si I've decided instaed of getting mad, I am going to just think of it like this - I am gaining muscle since adding the bowflex. I need to eat better than I have been. I also need to remain calm and not get crazy. I am giving myself another week. Ok, so exercise everyday this week, drink lots of water and eat healthy everyday. :cool: All I can say is that I am going to do my best. I can do it. We all can do it.

carafre

mommy9802
10-29-2005, 03:05 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies! How is everyone doing? Good i hope! Well i am MAD :mad: to report i have lost NOTHING! But its is understandable its been one of those weeks where nothing seems to be going right! So i am upset but not too upset!

Becca: Thanks for the challenge it sounds GREAT too me! I really need to get back on plan and get some weight off! Thanks! ;)

Crystal: :wel3fc: you will find SUCH GREAT SUPPORT with all these WONDERFUL ladies! There an awesome bunch of gals! Good luck with your goals!

Have a great Week ladies! Remember Stay strong!

Alisha

CynthiaB
10-29-2005, 09:10 PM
Hello Ladies!

I am still out of town, we ended up staying here in Birmingham for the soccer tournament, but luckily this hotel has a "business center" with a computer. I'm having to deal with using Windows for the first time in over a year (I'm a Mac person) but I'm not complaining too much, at least I got to see my Slimmin' Sahmmies friends!

Carafre: You are quite possibly right about the gaining of muscle. Do you feel better, and do you think you look different? There are times when I haven't lost (especially lately) but I still catch a glimpse of something different in the mirror. Most recently it was a hint of a waist. You are definitely keeping your spirits up and that helps.

Becca: Great challenge! It couldn't have come at a better time for me, and I hope it helps everyone else out too! :carrot:

Crystal: Welcome to 3fc and to Slimmin' Sahmmies! Good luck with your weight loss goals! I am planning on home educating my little guy, too, maybe I'll PM you with some questions if you don't mind.

I couldn't weigh today because my scales are back at the hotel. The other hotel, that is. Sheesh, now I know what it's like to be a rock star on tour; I'd much rather be a regular old SAHM! I'll check in again with you ladies tomorrow evening. Don't forget to set back your clocks.

Cindy B (PS: I didn't update my signature but I finished out the water challenge on a positive note, smilies for Thursday and Friday).

carafre
10-29-2005, 11:54 PM
:lol: Alisha - This week will be better! Atleast we're not losing together! lol Just kidding - it's our week next week I can feel it !!!! :dancer:

Cindy - Hey there, sunshine! :cool: Glad to hear that your water challenge ended up happy!!! Rock star, eh? Hopefully your tour will end soon and all wil be calm in Sahm-land. A glimpse of a waist - Yay!!! :carrot:

My clothes do fit different (loose). But I don't "see" a change. My hubby says he can see it, so I will let him be my eyes. I won't see a change until I see the scale agree (even if I have to beat it into submission)!!!!! So - I am positive, just not happy, yet. I'll get there. We all WILL get there. So happy to have friends like ya'll along for the journey... :balloons:

Take care, ladies!
carafre

JENNY - Where are you??? :carrot:

mamamoore4
10-30-2005, 06:16 AM
Good morning ladies. I thank you for your welcomes.

Carafre: At first when I started losing, I wasn't losing much of anything from the scale, a pound here a pound there, but nothing major, however, I was losing inches. And of course, you can lose inches without losing pounds. It's harder for us to see the inches because they are minute, until you try on clothes that suddenly fit looser. So way to go.

Cindy B.: I would love for you to pm me if you have questions. I've been schooling now for about 2 1/2-3 years, but my sister has almost 9 kids and she homeschools and has since her oldest started first grade and he's in 7th now. So if I can't answer your question, I'll find the answer.

Hope everyone has a great day. I woke up at 5:45 thinking, wow it's almost 6:00. So I got up and start my coffee and all that stuff just to realize I hadn't changed the clocks so it was really almost 5:00. But oh well, I love the mornings.
Have a great one.

mommy9802
10-30-2005, 04:25 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies! How is everyone doing? Good i hope! How is everyone's day going so far, everyone sticking to the challenge? Good luck to EVERYONE!

Crystal: You poor thing! It sucks you didn't remember to set your alarms clock, you could have slept a little longer...but hey i guess it worked out since you like the mornings....atleast you had an extra hour of something....PEACE AND QUIET....LOL! :carrot:

Carefre: Girl....i really, really, really hope next week is my week, if i don't start seeing something i think i am going to go crazy :dizzy: Good luck!

Well i will talk to you all later, have a good day!

Alisha :lol:

Jldsgirl
10-30-2005, 08:39 PM
Hi everyone, I hope you all are doing well on this weeks challenge. Yesterday I was WAY off, LOL. like over 2000 cals off!!! but hey, it was one day :) I have done much better today and as of now my calories are at 1198 (according to fitday). I didnt exercise today, but tomorrow will make sure to do my video (20mins) plus I will be out walking the kids around to trick or treat. Not to mention all the housework i need to do tomorrow, lol. I've really slacked off today because I somehow hurt my arm, it's unbearable to pick up anything over about 3lbs...hopefully it will feel better tomorrow...

My DH told me today that since I have finally "truly" commited myself to losing weight and getting in shape, that he is going to buy me a treadmill for our anniversary...its just too bad our anniversary isnt until Feb 13, LOL. However that does give me something to look forward to :)

Anywho, I have to go clean up the kitchen. Talk to you ladies soon :)

AFWjenny
10-31-2005, 01:17 AM
Hi girls!! Sneaking back in here...

My computer broke, so needless to say my house is VERY clean!! Still no loss but it has be that TOTM. I swear to god I eat more in those 4-5 days than i do all month!! I really want to start weight training, but have no clue where to start!! These next few months are going to be really hard for me, this will be the first holiday season away from family. Plus it is the holiday and I will be cooking Thanksgiving all by myself!!

I hope I will have a better week, AF is gone daddy gone, so I can focus on getting active again. I also am looking for a new stroller because the double one I bought 9 months ago is about to kick the bucket!

Ok done rambling here. See you tommorow!!

carafre
10-31-2005, 09:24 AM
:lol: BOO!!

Jenny - I know what ya mean... It is so hard to be away from family during the holidays. We haven't been near anyone for four years. The first one is the hardset. It's a good thing that you get to cook! I hope that you make it special!

Crystal - Thanks!!! :carrot:

Amanda - WOW - a treadmill!!! I am so excited for you! :carrot:

Ladies - I have to be honest. I tanked yesterday. I didn't eat all day, but Most of it. I also ate a half of a small bag of mini reese cups. But I got my water in. Ok - this healthy eating challenge is hard, but worth it. Hope you guys have a great day.

carafre

mamamoore4
10-31-2005, 11:56 AM
Good morning ladies. Hope everyone's Halloween is good. I don't celebrate Halloween, don't really care to, but a freind bought the kids some costumes so if it's not raining tonight, which it's suppose to and is now, I told them we'll go to our family's homes and trick or treat, but that's it. Luckily the candy they already have is most junk I don't like. Fortunately they only had a few snack size candy bars and I got rid of those (by eating them), the first day so there's nothing left that tempts me.

We already schooled for the morning and I've got sheets washing.
Hope everyone has a great day.

AFWjenny
10-31-2005, 12:12 PM
OK so today, I got some exercise buy power shopping.. ;) (does that count) I mean I was pushing a stroller with 50+ pounds of children in it. I also decided to start running :carrot: . It will be something I have to start slow at, but I have never been able to run and have always wanted to. I found a really awesome site the teaches you how to ease into it.

Today I have eaten a peice of toast with pumpkin butter and a few chocolate chips. I swear the holiday's are going to get me :devil: . Thanksgiving is by far my favorite holiday!!

Tonight I will get my walking in by taking my brats trick o treating. Anna is going to be a carebear (the blue one) and Jilly is a lady bug!!

Welp hubbs is home and the kids are in bed so I think I am going to go get me some exercise... :o

CynthiaB
10-31-2005, 02:45 PM
Good afternoon, ladies! Hope every had a great weekend.

I weighed this morning (finally!) and I have stayed the same. That will change by the next weigh-in; I'm tired of staying the same! (But I'm glad I'm not going up.)

Carafre: My hubby has told me he notices a difference, too! That's a big ego boost, isn't it? Sorry you had a bad day yesterday. Was that candy meant for the trick-or-treaters? :) Yes, this challenge is very hard, but it's also the heart of our entire journey, so we need to work at it. I ate out last night but really tried hard to make good choices; unfortunately, I had a tasty yet good-for-nothing sweet dessert. :( We'll all get through it with each other's help. Every time I've eaten today, I've thought "What are the others choosing to eat right now?" and it's really helped. That helped me last week during the water challenge, too.

Crystal: Thanks, yes I have a ton of questions, and he's only 1 year old yet! I can't believe your sister has that many kids, I don't think I could keep up! One is enough for me, he already keeps me so busy.

Amanda: Yay, a treadmill! I've got one too and I love it. Some people don't like them because they think it's boring to just walk in place, but I like to watch tv while walking, so that really helps. I think I've mentioned it before, but I like to watch one of the trashy afternoon tv shows (Judge Judy) and this way, I can watch it while walking and not feel guilty about wasting time. Good luck, and have fun!

Jenny: Welcome back! That's funny about the clean house. Did you end up getting a new stroller?

Hi Alisha and others I've missed! Hope everyone's having a good day.

Talk to you later. Cindy B

loosinbabyfat
10-31-2005, 03:40 PM
Healthy eating challenge: So far so good. I even turned down ice cream at Moms last night!!

mommy9802
10-31-2005, 06:27 PM
Happy Halloween Ladies! :) How is everyone doing? Well i am happy to say that i am back on track today with my diet.....so even though its been hard and i have wanted to quiet i am going to keep going! I have too.....my anniversary is in 2 weeks and i want to look good....well atleast better than i do now! Well i can't stay on here long i just wanted to say Hello, i gotta go take the kids Trick or Treating! I hope everyone stays strong and does not feel tempted to eat there kids candy! Stay strong ladies! Happy Halloween! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Alisha :carrot:

carafre
11-01-2005, 07:14 AM
Today is a new day! I've not done well w/ this challenge at all. So today I am making myself eat & think healthy. Why is this challenge so hard for me? I don't know but when I figure it out I'll let ya'll know. Looks like you guys are doing great! I'll check in later this evening!! Have a wonderful day !!!

carafre

mamamoore4
11-01-2005, 07:23 AM
good morning ladies. Hope everyone had a candy free Halloween...yeah right.
Today is a new day. My healthy eating hasn't been great, but my meals are the most sensible, it's just a matter of staying away from the snacks, but I'm not doing too bad. I haven't gained ANYTHING back that I've lost, just a week or so at a time I'll stay the same. I've been doing this for so long now that it's all first nature to me and staying the same just means I maintained and gives me confidence that I'll be able to maintain once it's all gone.
Hope everyone has a great day.

Jldsgirl
11-01-2005, 08:36 AM
Good Morning Ladies! I hope everyone had a nice Halloween :) I stayed w/in my calorie limit yesterday, and that even includes eating a butter finger candy bar (full size!) :0

Plus I couldnt resist getting on the scale this morning, and to my delight, I found that I have Officially broken the 210lb mark and am now 209!! Onederland here I come!!!! I also noticed yesterday, that my only pair of jeans are starting to sag, lol. I kept having to pull them up all day long, so i guess I need a belt, lol.

Well ladies, I have to go run DH out of bed, we've got a lot of things we have to get done today, so we have to get moving if we plan to finish everything. Hope you all have a great day!

mommy9802
11-01-2005, 01:38 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies! How is everyone doing! Hopefully good....so how did everyone do yesterday? I am happy to say that i did not have NOT 1 PIECE OF CANDY. Infact i stayed on plan all day :carrot: For those who did not stay on plan DON'T STRESS it.....just jump right back on track to our challenge and eat healthy...... ;)

Amanda: :bravo: on breaking the 210 mark! You go girl! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Carefre: One day at a time girly! Don't stress it! Remeber its our week.... :carrot:

Mama: Hey atleast you didn't gain anything...if i even look at food i should not eat i gain wieght.... :lol:

Well i hope everyone has a GREAT day! Good luck with staying healthy eating today! Talk to you ladies later!

Alisha

AFWjenny
11-01-2005, 06:04 PM
Hey guys!! I ate candy, but I did do a mile on the treadmill to make up for it!! My fastest time yet!! I also lifted weights too!! I plan on doing it again tommorow!!

CynthiaB
11-01-2005, 08:08 PM
Great job, Jenny! You get a gold star today.

I gave myself a smiley today, but I had scalloped potatoes for dinner and those probably aren't that healthy. I need to come up with a better way to monitor my food choices, and that's what this week's challenge has really taught me. I've got a FitDay account but never use it. Those who use it regularly swear by it and say they've lost faster after really keeping track of what they eat. I think after we move I'll start using it.

Speaking of move, we've cancelled the contract on the house we were going to buy because this whole relocation buy-out thing is up in the air with no end in sight. We would have had to move back the closing date at least a month, but don't really know for sure when we would be able to close. So we just cancelled and will find another house when we have more concrete answers. But good news: Someone looked at our old house on Friday and again yesterday and are reported to be "very interested" and "making a decision soon". So I'm hoping we sell it this week!

That's all from my front. The Sir has been fussy all day, and I don't know why. Could be a tooth, could be just bored and sick of hotel life (like me). Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Talk to you later!
Cindy

carafre
11-01-2005, 11:06 PM
Amanda - :bravo: :dancer: YAY!!! I am so happy for you!

Alisha - NO CANDY??? You are my hero!!! :lol: :encore: Take a bow!!! !!!!! Thanks for the support!!! :carrot: ;)

Jenny - :sunny: GO, GO!!! You are doing great!!!!!!

Cindy - I agree - I think this challenge has pushed me to really look at my eating habits. What is FitDay? I am keeping my fingers crossed for you & the house!! :crossed: :goodluck:

I have decided (after much despair) that my eating habits need a makeover. Our home schedule is out of whack. We need our routine & sit downs snack time. I need to be accountable for what I eat & when I eat. I am going to keep track for one whole week of what I eat. That should give me a good place to start. Something is messing w/ my weight loss. I eat pretty healthy but not always. So this will be interesting.

carafre

mamamoore4
11-02-2005, 06:47 AM
Good morning ladies. Sounds like everyone is doing well.
I hope today brings good things everyone's way.

Dh's grandparents take the three big kids to story time at the library and it's the perfect time I only have to take the baby to run errands. Grocery day.

Hope everyone has a great day. Talk later.

carafre
11-02-2005, 07:35 AM
Crystal - that sounds wonderful!! I hope you have fun w/ the little one! Well, as much fun as errands can be. I hope that everyone has a great day!

carafre

CynthiaB
11-02-2005, 08:57 AM
Carafre: Fitday.com is a great site where you can log everything you eat and it will keep track of everything from calories to carbs to sodium to everything you can think of. There's lots of other stuff on the site too, like a journal you can keep and make public (if you want). The whole site is free, and it's really easy to use.

When you log your food you can either pick items that are already listed (which already have the calorie counts, etc.) or if your item isn't listed you can load it with all the nutrition info and then save it. It's really cool.

My little guy has a cold, that's the reason for yesterday's behavior I suppose. He woke up in the middle of the night crying, which he never does. Poor little guy. I gave him some children's tylenol cold medicine, hopefully that will kick in and let him take a good healing nap.

I'll check in with you ladies again later today. Have a good one!

Cindy

carafre
11-02-2005, 12:47 PM
Cindy - Hope your little guy is better soon. Thanks for the info. I am headed there next! Hope you have a nice afternoon.

carafre

mommy9802
11-02-2005, 07:12 PM
Good Evening Ladies! How is everyone doing? Good i hope! Well i am happy to say that i am sticking to my diet i am in day 3 of my diet and all is going well....i need to start excercising more i just can not find time when i am at home...there is so much too do most of the time! But i will try harder to make time!

Cindy: Good luck on selling your home! I will also keep my fingers crossed for you! :) I also hope your little guy gets to filling better soon :)

Jenny: :bravo: :cb: on doing such an awesome job on the treadmill today! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Carefre: I had to stay away from the candy gotta look good on my Anniversary night... :lol: But trust me its really hard cause a big bowl of it is sitting on my counter if i had a penny for everytime i thought about it i think i could go buy a new pair of shoes..... :lol:

Well i hope everyone has a great night! Take care ladies!

Alisha :)

AFWjenny
11-02-2005, 08:13 PM
I didnt do crap today... :?:

We went the grocery store and ran errands, tommorow I will be back at the gym on the treadmill!! :carrot: I have to go real EARLY because I have another seriously busy day. I have also decided to stop obsessing about my weight and to start obsessing about a healthy body. Phyisical fitness has NEVER been my strong point, there is step areobics tommorow morning as well so we will see. Wish me luck on that!! :dizzy:

I hope everyone is having a fitday and I totally bombed on the challenge this week. Most of the halloween candy is gone, so I hope to improve!! :lol:

I have been cooking healthy dinner everynight this week too!!

CynthiaB
11-02-2005, 08:54 PM
My emotions were up and down all day and I ended up saying ":censored: it" and we ordered Chinese tonight. It was good, but I know it's not healthy. We had some people look at the house today, for the THIRD time in less than a week. We thought we'd get a call tonight about an offer but we didn't. Maybe tomorrow.

The Sir is a little better this evening with his cold; thanks for the well wishes.

Alisha: :cp: Cheers for sticking with your diet! That's the hardest part of all, as I'm sure we all can attest to after this week's challenge.

Jenny: You don't really have to exercise every day. It's a good thing to shoot for, but if you exercise 4-5 times a week you'll still get in shape. You're doing great!

Hi Crystal! Hope the day with the little one was a fun day.

Becca: Haven't seen you in awhile, you still doing okay? Maybe I missed a post, if so I apologize. Hope to hear from you soon.

Have a good evening ladies!

Cindy B.