Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 06:27 PM   #1  

Default Spirit filled Christian needs prayer/accountability partner

Even though I know better, I have ballooned back up to 150. I would like to get back to 130 and stay there. I attend New Vision Worship Center (www.newvisionworshipcenter.com) in northwest Florida. Married, no kids or pets except my husband. He is coming back to the Lord but he just doesn't know it yet!
I do work full time as a bookkeeper, plus I have a virtual assistant business (www.e-ssentialservices.com) and I sell Avon (www.youravon.com/michelehayes) besides teaching adult Sunday School, so I'm always on the go.
I think I have been on nearly every diet known to womankind. Now I am going back to the Mediterranean diet (following menues in the older book The Omega Diet by Artemis Simopoulos and I'm kinda incorporating principles of Volumetrics into it.
My problems are emotional eating and lack of portion control, plus I'm a member of the clean plate club. Hubby is no help. Anyone interested in buddying up?
-Michele
Old 09-12-2005, 09:44 AM   #2  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

If you're still interested, I'd love to be your partner!
Old 09-12-2005, 10:56 AM   #3  

That sounds great!
Never been to Omaha, is it hot there now?
-Michele
Old 09-12-2005, 11:01 AM   #4  
back on the wagon

it was about 2 weeks ago, now it's just humid a lot of the time
Old 09-13-2005, 01:02 PM   #5  

Well, this is turning into quite a week! Last night was the Avon meeting, which makes for a long day. New product launch and I was given 6 jars of Anew Alternative (for which I will be billed) to go out and sell. I got home late and found an Avon delivery waiting for me, so I was up last night packagingorders. Only 5, but still, I need my beauty sleep (LOL)!
Get ti wirk today, drop off my car to be fixed. I thought I had a valve problem, turns out I had a leak. Then I forgot my voicemail password at work (I'm new so nobody calls me anyway) so I'm locked out of voicemail. And then we get to clean up a bookkeeping mess left by someone else, and myself and the lady who's been training me are scratching our heads over it all day. We think we find it and then something else crops up!
And the mechanic thinks he wants to be funny. I live 45 minutes from work, and my husband is out of town this week, so my car being ready is no joking matter. I really don't want to camp out all night at work when I have a perfectly good bed to come home to. I told him I got off at 4 and can I get home tonight? Well, he says I sure hope so, then he tells me he's messing with me.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:17 PM   #6  
back on the wagon

OOOH it makes me so angry when mechincs do that! Don't they KNOW they aren't funny?!

Sorry to hear about the problems with the car. I had an old 1987 Cadillac DeVille and it was giving all sorts of troubles before I finally sold it and bought a newer car!

That stinks that you were up half of the night packing orders...I've never worked for Avon but I can imagine it would be high pressure! Sell this stuff or you're BUYING it!!

Hopefully you get all of your ducks in a row! Be back to post more later!
Old 09-14-2005, 01:13 PM   #7  

Oh, congratulations on being a non-smoker, BTW! I'm very proud of you! :-)
Old 09-14-2005, 01:53 PM   #8  
back on the wagon

Thanks! Yeah, I just quit today. It's hard because I'm under a lot of stress right now...
Old 09-14-2005, 08:25 PM   #9  

Hey, if it was easy, everyone would do it! Hang in there, you can make it, I KNOW you can!
Are you using a prescription to help you?
Replace the behaviour with something else, that helps some folks. Like carrot/celery sticks or sugar free gum.
Winston Churchill said something to the effect of:
"Never give up! Never, never, never, never give in."
Old 10-16-2005, 11:49 AM   #10  

Default Prayer partner

Hi...My name is Amy and I just joined. If you are still interested in a prayer partner I would love to do that. To let you know a little bit about myself...I lived in Japan for 15 years, came back 6 years ago to the U.S. (my marriage didnt work out) After reaching 245 pounds last January I joined weight watchers. I have lost approximately 30 pounds but recently am going up and down, having family problems at the moment and things are generally rough. I have been a christian since I was 16 years old and am now 49. If you would like to message or just write here and pray for each other's progress let me know. My yahoo name is [email protected] God bless you and hope to hear from you soon. Sincerely, Amy
Closed Thread