Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2001, 11:09 PM   #1  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Default 100+ 2 go - June 15th and on

Welcome everyone.... we are all joining together and supporting each other with 100 lbs or more to lose. WW is a great program and you can tell by our numbers that IT DOES WORK!!!! So feel free to join us on our journey.....

Sheri - WOO HOO!!!! 4.8 lb loss - Wonderful!!! You are doing tremendous - when did you start the program? How was the dinner dance? Locked in a gym with 8th graders????

Sherry - You know I hate Boca Burgers... but I might try the italian sausage. I love the Gardenburger name brand but I've tried the Boca's 2X and both times couldn't bear it... but I see so many people rave about them. The first time I thought I just cooked them wrong - but after 2 - no way. Your banana dessert sounds great - I love banana anything.

Loodie - When I started exercising it took 4 weeks before I started dropping. ANd I read that it takes 12 weeks for your metabolism to get the hint that exercise is now your way of life - so it begins to free those stubborn fat cells.

Joanne - how are you doing????

This board has been quiet lately - I miss you all
Have a great OP weekend!!!
Kim
1/2001 258
3/2001 WW 239/223/140
Old 06-19-2001, 09:26 PM   #2  
Getting back on track!

Hi Everyone!

I miss you guys! My life has been crazy lately. I will go into details later but between work and sickness I have not been able to do to much at all. I found out I was anemic too...just shoot me LOL. Please keep the thread going! I will try to post at least once a week starting out and get better. I am just concentrating on trying to get better right now. The doctor said that has to be my number one priority now and then worry about the weight loss.

I hope you are all doing great. I will try to at least lurk and maybe post during the week but hopefully I can start posting at least on the weekend. I have so many friends here and I miss you all.

Have a great day!

Love

Setina
Old 06-19-2001, 10:43 PM   #3  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Hi Setina - oh so glad to hear from you. I've been wondering how you are doing with those migranes.... and now more stuff?? poor you - hope you will be feeling better real soon.

Man is it quiet here or what??? Where did everyone go? Are you like me having a very rough week? I am struggling (3 days of poor choices - but I am trying to get back OP today) I was able to walk 1.65 miles tonight without wheezing from my asthma so that's a good sign. I am just now adding up my points for the last three days...I've eaten so much my journal isn't long enough to put all the food down! But I listened to a good tape this AM called Thin for Life on the way to work and it motivated me to get back with it - it talked about how the masters of weight loss don't just let a few bad days turn into a week - they nip it in the bud and get back on track. I MUST DO THAT!!!!

Let's hear from everyone - please???? don't leave me hanging this week....
Kim
1/2001 258
3/2001 WW 239/222/140
Old 06-20-2001, 07:51 AM   #4  

Hi everyone. Just checking in since I have been missing in action for a few days. I had some medical things going on, and like you Setina......staying OP was not on my mind. Went to the doctor yesterday and am on a new med, so hoping to feel better soon. Today is going to be OP! Hang in there Kim. It is funny....most people find the winter months hard to stay OP, but I am the oposite. In winter, I tend to eat low points soups and good for you hot meals. Summer hits, and I don't want to cook, so we tend to eat out alot. I will just have to kick myself and make better choices! I am off to work, so will check in later tonight. Have a great day everyone.

Sherry
Old 06-20-2001, 09:53 AM   #5  
RNY 3/1/06

Height: 5'2" and shrinking

Hi Gals--I haven't been around much either--Sorry. Work is NUTS!!!

Kim--I had a few bad days last week. Had one day of really uncontrolled eating, so I was really angry at myself and wrote PIG in large letters in my journal. I knew the rest of the week would have to be good choices to make up for that day. The funny thing was that I felt really good after doing the self evaluation of knowing what I did and how to solve it.
My hubby saw me write that and he wanted me to erase it, I said No, and explained why I put it there. The next day, I was telling him that I was on track again and he asked me if I would erase the Pig note on my journal now, so I had to tell him that it was a way to remind myself of what happens when I have uncontrolled eating, and what I was doing had to be a life change, not just until I lose enough weight to feel healthy again.

Sherry, I got to tell you--I am with Kim in hating Boca Burgers. No matter how hungary I am, I can't get myself to swallow a bite. Sorry to hear about you being sick, Hope the new med makes you feel better.

Setina--I remember you, from a year ago when I posted here alot as LindaH. I didn't realize that you had been so sick. I sure hope that things get straightened out for you soon.

Have a great day--week--month ladies. We can conquer this--after all "I am women, hear me roar" to quote the song.
Old 06-20-2001, 10:50 PM   #6  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Well thank goodness I'm not alone here.

Sherry - Hope your new meds will help you feel better. I tend to do better with nutrition in the summer because it stays light later - which means more activity... In the winter I like to go to bed earlier and it's also a time when I tend to eat heavier foods - hopefully not this winter though.

Loodie - I agree you must track even your worst days because we learn from them all. I spend time looking back through journals and I can see how my emotions and poor planning really influence my eating.

I listened to some more tapes on the way to work today "Fight Fat after Forty" - Excellent!!! I am definitely a stress overeater and I fit the mold of one of her subjects (Brenda) to a 'T"... If I had just planned better this weekend I wouldn't have needed to have Pizza at Emily's party - and then I wouldn't have followed that up by eating so many peppermint patties. BUt at least I jumped back OP - because 2 years ago I didn't and now I know the result of that route.

Good Luck tomorrow everyone.
Kim
1/2001 258
3/2001 WW 239/222/140
Old 06-21-2001, 09:07 PM   #7  

Hi, Folks!

It's been rather nutsy here the last two weeks. I've been checking in but not posting (I believe you all refer to that as "lurking"). Sorry.

It was a really, really tight financial week for us here but I insisted on going to the meeting anyway. After spending $9.95 that I couldn't really afford, I found I'd gained 2.4 pounds! I felt for sure that I'd had a loss! That was the main reason I'd insisted on weighing in. I figured a loss would keep me motivated during another stressful week. Boy was I disappointed.

Oh, well. Enough about me. How is everyone else doing? I can't stay. In a moment of weakness, I agreed to let Jen have a friend over tonight (I'd sworn we weren't having any more guests on work nights -- they just stay up too late talking and giggling). So far, though, they've been pretty quiet upstairs. Let's hope it continues.

Old 06-21-2001, 09:58 PM   #8  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Hi Joanne - Oh don't get discouraged... remember my 3 weeks of staying the same when I thought I had done real well - then in one week 4 drop off - I think our bodies are just screwy. When I cheat a little I gain a lot... but when I eat like a saint I only lose a little. LIfe is just unfair sometimes. I always tease my daughter that when I go to heaven someday I've already put in an order for my heavenly body - it's a size 6!!! Emily just laughs and then looks concerned like she'll have MY BODY when she goes to heaven. She just turned 5 on Monday and she has the cutest little shape - (I dread when she is 16) - but I said to her "how about if we trade behinds for the day?" - she looked me over and then very honestly said "mommy, I love you - but I would only trade you for your blue eyes".... a child's honesty.... I just realized Joanne that you and I are the same age. I can't imagine having teenagers already - although now it makes sense why we both thought of Greg Brady's attic pad!!!

Well - gotta run - I did OK today but had too much for dinner - stressful day - about 300 people were laid off in my office today - just VERY stressful.

Kim
1/2001 258
3/2001 239/222/140
Old 06-22-2001, 07:03 AM   #9  

Good morning, Kim.

I have a five-year-old also. Well, he'll be six on August 30th (where did the time go? ). Ours is a blended family. My loving husband, John, was married twice before (first time was an "oops, fresh out of HS and she's pregnant"; second time was temporary insanity).

He has two children from each previous marriage. The first two are adults and are married (I have five step-grandchildren). The second two are Jennifer (my teenage step-daughter with the attice bedroom) and Brandon. Brandon just turned 11 in April and still lives with my husband's ex-wife in Massachusetts. He comes up most weekends and holidays.

At 37, I feel to young to have to be dealing with teenagers and grandchildren. Oh, well. I knew what I was getting into when I married the man. Love them all to bits though so it's working well (7 years and counting).

Gotta go. Time to wake Shane (my five-year-old) for school.

Old 06-22-2001, 11:00 PM   #10  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Joanne... GRANDCHILDREN!!!! Oh your life makes me want to lie down and take a nap Wow - that is an awesome lifestyle and I'll bet a lot of fun with all the overlap in kids ages.... Well I have WI tomorrow and I think I probably gained a pound.. such a bad weekend last week - but I'm not looking back - only looking forward. Have a great weekend.
Kim
Old 06-23-2001, 09:21 AM   #11  
SJR
Just stick with it!!

Morning all,

Well, I was up at weigh-in on Wednesday. I could feel it though, esp. in my rings. Funny thing was on Thursday, they were slipping all over the place. Let's just hope the the gain was a bit of fluid retention too!!

Setina- Glad to "see" you. Hope you are able to post more now. Really miss you gal. We've been around a long time!!

Joanne - Nothing worse than a gain, but don't get discouraged and hang in there!! Your blended family sounds like fun. I remember some of your stories about the "ex". Has Jennifer lived with you all along? I guess I thought she also lived with her mother, and just visited. How is she doing? I think my daughter has about given up. However when we did groceries last night she was asking me about points for different things, so maybe not. I did not buy any junk food this week. Lots of vegs & fruits (no wonder I went so much over my budget?!). \

Kim - loved the story with your daughter. Kids say the cutest (and sometimes most embarrassing) things!!

Well, have to get some breakfast and get moving. Am baking pies for a town supper tonight, and then my son has a baseball playoff game this afternoon. Gosh I hate these games. Too much pressure!!

Have a good weekend all.

Sheri
Old 06-23-2001, 06:32 PM   #12  
Find a Way

Default Out of the gutter

Oh my gosh, more changes to this board. I'll have to check them out later.

As the subject says, I am slowly climbing out of the gutter. I haven't been able to get back OP after the trips like I'd hoped, but I am back OP today and even got in some exercise.

Kim, my husband hates Boca burgers as well, only liked Garden burgers, so don't feel bad.

Setina, you poor thing, hang in there girl.

Loodie, what a great husband, at least he doesn't want you down on yourself.

I'm worried that mine is going to be coming back with his "summer car" meaning $500/month on car payments. Ever since we paid off the truck and car, he's been itching for a convertible. Hopefully reason will prevail.

I haven't been able to update my web site for 2 weeks now and am trying to ftp my files to a geocities site, but it's trouble. TalkCity is the only place I've found so far that let's me publish my pages directly from the FrontPage software to their server, so that's why I hope I can find a fix. The other free hosting sites are a pain as far as getting files to their servers.

Take care ladies.
Old 06-24-2001, 12:06 AM   #13  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Good Evening Ladies... I stayed the same at WI today and I am happy with that after my high point weekend last week.

Sheri - I had water retention!!! Some days my legs feel like they will explode and then others they are so thin and pretty.... and I've checked out my eating it has nothing to do with my sodium intake - it's just odd.

Cynthia - Great to see you back OP. It's a hurdle but I'm glad to see you jumped it and are continuing on.... that is the most important step in life long wellness. My mom left for a cruise this afternoon and she was VERY nervous about staying OP. She weighed in this AM at 39.5 lost.... so I hope she will try to be strong while on board. She mapped out her whole game plan and brought sneakers for walking the deck at 6AM each day. I know it will be very tough for her because my dad really isn't too supportive of this plan (he's an Atkins groupie).... but my sister and I are both in it with her for support.

Oh everyone will love this. My neighbor (my age with 2 small boys) asked if we could walk together because she sees me going each night... so I said sure. She is very nice but our schedules are so opposite that I never get to see her outside. Come to find out as we were walking she was anorexic since high school and when she got pregnant she went for therapy to help be sure she was eating healthy during the pregnancies. Both boys are very healthy and she did a great job. But she mentioned that when she is stressed she tends not to eat. SHe talked about coming home from work the other night and was so proud of herself because she ate a bowl of ice cream even though her day was terrible. I laughed and told her when I am stressed out - I am proud to stay away from the ice cream. It's so interesting to find that she battles food in the exact opposite way we do. I never thought about it before... I never thought someone who was thin might need to go to therapy to safeguard their growing baby....I feel bad now for being kind of envious when I saw her at 9 mos. pregnant - it really was a struggle for her to get there and even gain that weight. I felt so ignorant during our conversation.

Goodnight.
Kim
1/2001 258
3/2001 WW 239/222/140
Old 06-26-2001, 02:08 PM   #14  
Find a Way

YIPPEE, I'm in a new decade. It's so great being back OP and exercising. I'm even paying attention to my golf game and getting in some practice. Your whole outlook on life just improves when you treat yourself well - so the age old question: why do we ever go off in the first place?????

Kim, maybe the thought of making the 40-lb loss mark will help your mom control her urges. If not, as long as she enjoys the cruise then so be it. Don't allow her to feel guilty after. Funny that you mention the anorexia thing. I remember a couple of years ago meeting and anorexic on the WW chat board and finding out that we were exactly the same as far as how we reacted to food, but just responded oppositely. To her staying away from food and excessive exercising was the way to cope with life, for me it's the opposite. However, both of us considered food in an unhealthy light and gave it way too much power over how we live, and let it affect our health adversely.
Old 06-29-2001, 12:17 PM   #15  
RNY 3/1/06

Height: 5'2" and shrinking

Hi all, sorry about being a little scarce lately. I have had so many things going on that I feel like my head is spinning I have been trying to finish up some sizeable projects at work (which I did, btw ) and get things ready at home and the motorhome cleaned so we can take off for our 2 week vacation to Canada next Monday. I don't think I have ever taken 2 weeks in a row off for vacation and I have never been out of the U.S. so I am really looking forward to it.

I think all this activity has done me good. I weighed on Thurs. & was down 2.5 pounds, after staying the same last week. My goal for the vacation is just to stay the same. We will be eating out of the motorhome most of the time, so it makes it much easier to plan what I'm going to eat and cook healthy meals. Only my hubby and I are going and he doesn't like a lot of sweet stuff, so that will take that temptation out of the way.

Cynthia-congrats on making a new decade. That is always a good feeling.

Kim--I have problem with my legs swelling when I sit too long (all day at the desk--without getting up every hour and walking around). Keep track of that the days your legs are swollen vs. days they aren't. I have a good friend who is a recovered anorexic. She was really bad at 17 years--spent a few months in a hospital. She is 40 now and still has to mentally track herself every night to make sure she has eaten healthy during the day. She has 2 children. An eating disorder has about the same solution to overcome it--regardless of which way it is.

Sheri and Joanne--hang in there with the gains, just keep writing it down and there will be a loss soon.

I won't be around for a couple weeks, so everyone have good weighins--I'll check back the 3rd week in July.
Closed Thread