South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 05:23 PM   #1  

Question Im NEW HERE

hello every 1 im looking to loose my baby weight and my friend told me south beach was a good way to do it so how do i start?
Old 09-08-2005, 05:29 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to The Beach.

First you get the book so you understand the concept behind this plan. It is a lifestyle change, not a quick loss programme. Next you read as much as you can retain of the Frequently asked questions Forum and the stickies in this forum. Then you start Phase I.

I see that you have lost quite nicely so far. What plan have you been using and when did you start?
Old 09-08-2005, 05:32 PM   #3  
Who needs sleep?

The first step would be to read the book - buy it, borrow it from a friend, or get it from the library. The book is out of date as far as the food lists and such, but the basic information in it is still very helpful.

Next, once you've read through the book, you will want to check out the FAQ forum here for updated food lists and other great information. The recipe forums have a lot of terrific recipes, too. And there is always a daily thread in the Beach chat forum, so feel free to dive on in whenever you feel like it!

Then it's just a matter of getting up and doing it! The first few days on Phase 1 will be the hardest (cravings, headaches, and so on), but once you've gotten through those 2 weeks, you will probably feel a whole lot better than before you started. Be sure to check out the FAQ on transitioning from phase1 to phase2 for some helpful tips.

Good luck, and welcome to the Beach!
Old 09-08-2005, 05:36 PM   #4  

I just moved away from home which was good for me because they eat out EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so i stoped that and lost some weight iv been walking and cuting caLS but this looked intresting to me
Old 09-08-2005, 05:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

Welcome! Coming here is a good start. The FAQ and all the stickies have a wealth of info to go along with the book. Best wishes to you!!
Old 09-08-2005, 06:09 PM   #6  

Hi and welcome
Old 09-08-2005, 06:20 PM   #7  

aww thaNX you guys
Old 09-08-2005, 06:32 PM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the Beach!
Old 09-08-2005, 09:39 PM   #9  
Slow and Steady...

Welcome babymami87!

You made an excellent first step! The SBD is very effective and will make a huge difference in how you feel! Get that book, one way or another. It makes perfect sense and will motivate you! The stickies in the FAQ section will be especially helpful!

Everyone on the Beach is so warm and encouraging! We're all in this together!

Congratulations on your progress already! You are doing great!
Old 09-09-2005, 08:59 AM   #10  
Kyemom

Welcome...pull up a towel, and watch out for the sand in your eyes!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2005, 06:05 PM   #11  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Welcome, BabyMami!

Congrats on your success so far! You'll love SBD, I think, but you do need to read the book first. It looks long, but half of it is recipes and menus, so it's not really hard to finish in a weekend.

Are you breastfeeding? My girlfriend says that was the best 'diet' she was ever on! If you are, talk with your OB/GYN about SBD before you start. You may need to start in Phase 2 without doing Phase 1 to keep your baby safe.

Kiko just had a baby a couple months ago...she's a teacher, so she's not on as much now, but she was on all summer and some of her older posts might give you ideas. You can use the search up above in the right hand corner to search for her posts. Barb, who posted before me, has great ways to get your child to eat SBD and to cook for your family while keeping yourself on plan. Lots of great resources here! Once you've read the book, check out the FAQ, especially the Phase 1 stickies, and the recipe forum. You may love the Taco Bake...and if you are Latina (I'm guessing?), perhaps you'll be able to suggest ways we can improve it! I'll have to post my SBD version of calabacitas if I haven't already...it's yummy in Phase 2.
Closed Thread