Weight Loss Surgery - Hello, new to 3FC

View Full Version : Hello, new to 3FC

Sammee
09-08-2005, 07:52 AM
Hello!

My name is Sammee, I am new to 3FC, but not WLS.

I had my LapBand surgery just over 6 months ago, and have lost 84lbs. I have 15 to go to my first goal of 176lbs.

I live with my husband, and 8 year old son, in Brisbane, Australia.

I am looking forward to getting to know you all!

Sammee

jiffypop
09-08-2005, 11:44 AM
84 pounds in 6 months with the lapband??? great job, sammee!!!!!!!!

thanks for joining us... we're always happy to have wisdom around here...

Chickita
09-08-2005, 12:00 PM
That's great, Sammee! You are really working that band. I have a band and lost 77 in the first 6 months. It's a real trip!

Congrats on the great progress. Welcome to 3FC.

Chickita
09-08-2005, 09:37 PM
The SBD is for South Beach Diet. I needed to get back on track and get rid of those carb cravings. So far so good. :)

My doctor wants me eating this way anyway, so it is working out fine. I've had the book since before my surgery, but only tried Atkins for a while. I like South Beach better. I try not to be obsessive about it. I'm really just cutting way back on bad carbs and trying to get the weight loss going again.

I'm also trying to exercise more. The support forum for the South Beach is an active group and is a big help. I think I'm starting to get the idea -- finally-- that this will be a lifestyle change, not a temporary change.

Sammee
09-20-2005, 08:24 AM
Thank you all. I am rather proud of what my little band and I have done in the last 6.5 months.

Yes Pookie, the band is popular here, it is the gold standard in Oz. Aussie Drs have been banding since about 1992 (that is when our clinical trials started, they finished in 1995)