100 lb. Club - Yadda, yadda, yadda (Sept.)

View Full Version : Yadda, yadda, yadda (Sept.)

barbygirl43
09-07-2005, 06:55 PM
I figured I would go ahead and start one.
Sheila: I hope your reflux is getting better.

I had a bit of a scare last night. I was going to take a picture of an accident (I work for a smalltown newspaper). I was parked at the end of a line of cars and this guy tops the hill and slams on his brakes. He almost slams into the back of us. He ends up in the ditch beside us. After that, the deputy tells us we can go closer and I can get the pics. (I had to wait until the freed the victims from the car). There was a deputy or someone else who stopped as well and there was a boy in front of us. He had just opened the truck door before that happened and was partially outside his truck.

Other than that, gas prices are slowly going back down. (It's $2.86 here, down from $3.10 last friday and $2.99 yesterday).

shedilbry
09-07-2005, 10:38 PM
good thing you weren't hit! gas is still 2.99 here in ada but in shawnee its 2.79.

Jillegal
09-07-2005, 10:56 PM
Geez, Dawnyal ~ do you get danger pay? Glad nobody was hurt.

We finally got the renovations completed after the damage from our little flood (I feel bad even mentioning it considering Katrina). Although it was an unexpected expense, I have to admit I love the new hardwood floor in the family room, ceramic tiles in the front entrance and freshly painted walls, doors and trim. Now I want to do the rest of the house! :dizzy:

As for the price of gas...I paid $1.34 a litre on holiday Monday and today it was "down" to $1.29 (that's $5 a gallon, folks) :eek:

newfiedarling
09-08-2005, 09:03 AM
I was thinking it's about time I started chiming in on the Yadda, Yadda thread....

Holy Cow, Dawnyal! Funny how irony works - you go to take some pics of an accident and end up causing another (I know you didn't really cause it, but you know what I mean).

Shelly & Jill - oh the gas prices. Can't really say much about that but #@$%! I did notice this morning that some of the stations were reading $1.13/litre so it looks like it's getting a little better. I shouldn't compain too much because my family in Newfoundland is paying $1.50 and the other half of the family in Labrador is up over $1.60 per litre.

Jill - I know you came about your renovation in a totally unexpected way but I know what you mean when you say you'd like to just keep on going. Seems like every time me and the hubby start a "small" project in the house it just keeps growing and growing until we're in about $2000. Surely there can't be too much more to finish now can there.

We're planning on making a trip to Kentucky in the next few weeks so I'm trying to find some suitable clothes - seems like everything now is way too big and I don't really want to spend too much on new stuff because I don't plan on staying at this size. One of my ultimate goals is to go back to Mammoth Caves and do one of the caving tours - I'm still too big yet to fit through the cracks. Maybe this time next year.

Happy Thursday everyone!

~Dee

puff0518
09-08-2005, 10:24 AM
Hmmm... Our gas prices are still firmly at $3.49. The Friday before the Labor Day weekend, our gas prices jumped FORTY cents in one day. They have stayed steadily at $3.49 since then. And this is for the cheap stuff. Usually there is a 10 cent difference between the grades of gas. Now it is 25 cents from low to mid-grade, and another 20 cents from mid-grade to premium.

glynne
09-08-2005, 10:45 AM
Have had a busy few weeks here. Steve's dad and his wife were here from St. Louis, MO for a few days, then my mom and dad were here from Ohio right after that. Didn't get to get on here much ~ read some ~ lots of things happening for you all ~ some good and some not so good things. Hope you all are doing ok.

Have had some stressful times here (shake up at my husband's job ~ don't know where that will lead) and some fun times coming up (group of girls from high school are getting together for a sort of mini reunion ~ a bunch of us turn 50 this year, so we are gonna sort of celebrate/commiserate ~ have fun, catch up, hang out, gab, gab, gab).

Sandi
09-08-2005, 01:04 PM
Hello All!!

Well my weight has been all over the place. Hit a new high of 329, currentrly at 327. I am simply not doing what I set out to do. I weigh exactly what I did at the 1st of the year. :( So today I decided to stop the sweets. I know that leaves so many other bad choices, but I have to start somewhere. I really eat alot of junk and sweets is my thing, so I started there. Last night I was scared even thinking about it going to bed and this morning I almost talked myself out of it twice. This addiction really has a hold on me and I am hoping that if I can get past the sugar, then it will be easier to accomplish the rest!

Other than that life is good. Bunko is at my house on Tuesday, so this will be a busy weekend. I wanted to have so much more done before Bunko, but there are only so many hours in the day! I have a wedding this weekend, so that'll be nice.

Our gas is around $2.99 here in Indiana.

glynne - Have fun at your reunion thing.

newfiedarling - Everything is too big! What a fabulous problem to have!!! :lol: congratulations!! That is awesome!

Jillegal - Congrats on finally getting everything done. I love redoing rooms (don't love the expense). So what's next??

barbygirl43 - I can't even believe you almost got hit. That's crazy!

lessofsarahtolove
09-08-2005, 10:19 PM
Hey all! I've been MIA -- we went away for 4 days for a last holiday before my return to work after 8 months on disability! YIKES! I went back this week, and man, I just don't have the stamina and mental energy I used to! But it'll come back, I know. :) I know that it'll get easier. I'm an HR Generalist for a technology solutions provider, and a huge part of my job is recruiting (mid to really high level computer engineers, sales managers, I've got a Director position open, account exec's....just so many!) So I walked into recruiting ****! I've still got chemo brain, so I'm finding that it's just harder. Oh well, it just is what it is.

I'm on plan, but exercise has slowed down a bit because I'm so wiped out from the little over full time work. I was working out every day -- I'm planning on trying to get closer to that next week.

Still no freaking weight loss, but my premature, chemo-induced menopause has officially left the building!!! :dancer: So I'm hoping that this development will help out my metabolism a little. Something's gotta give. I'm not 100% on plan, but I'm consistently on at least 95% of the time, and nada.

Gotta turn in...I get up at 5:30. I'll be back tomorrow or Saturday to respond to everybody!

Lorraine's got in a PICC line now -- a catheter in her arm -- for a month of intravenous antibiotics to combat the Lyme which is reaking havoc in her body. That disease is clearly on some kind of search and destroy mission in her body -- she

barbygirl43
09-09-2005, 12:00 PM
Sarah: It's good to see you posting. Wow you really jumped back into work didn't you? I'm sure it will start to get easier as you get into it. good for you for staying on plan. Like you said, hopefully your metabolism will return soon.

teapotdynamo
09-09-2005, 12:57 PM
Between having houseguests, being a houseguest, dealing with apartment emergencies (a 6-foot chunk of our ceiling covered our living room in plaster), and basically living life, I also have been MIA. I've missed checking in with my fellow chickies! It sounds as if everyone is doing fairly well -- congrats Dawnyal on narrowly avoiding a second accident, Jilly on your spiffier digs, newfie on your upcoming trip to Kentucky (bigger clothes = smaller you! yay!). Sandi, if you don't mind my asking, who is Bunko? Have a good time at the wedding! And Sarah, Sarah, Sarah, I am constantly amazed and inspired by your perseverance. Many people in your shoes would just quit after hitting the metabolic brick wall, so to speak, but YOU CAN'T BE CONTAINED! That's so fantastic. I have a feeling that once you crash through the wall, you'll see a speedy loss at first. Are you taking measurements?

Things here are pretty good. We are beginning to think about finding a place to move in October or November. It sounds crazy, but you can't really start looking here until you have a check in hand and are ready to sign on the dotted line. Otherwise, everything you find that you like will be GONE in a flash. Otherwise, the job is pretty good. I've been very moody lately, up one day, totally totally down the next, but I think it's mostly a hormonal thing from the pill. Most of the time I feel great, and I have so much energy I can't believe it.

Well, I had better get some work done today, if I can get the snoring cat off my papers and his head off my mousehand. Ah one of the hazards and joys of working at home! :lol:

taekwondomom
09-11-2005, 03:00 AM
Glad to hear from you, Sarah. Must feel nice to be back at work. It may be harder for you now, but I'm sure you'll be up to speed in no time. If your chemo-induced menopause has been 86'd, shouldn't be long before that extra weight is 86'd at a rapid pace as well. Keep pluggin' away I'm
Sorry to hear Lorraine is still getting grief from the lyme disease. Stupid ticks! And PICC lines are such a bummer. (DH had to have one too.) Hope the antibiotics help kick lyme's A$$ and Lorriane gets better quickly. :)

Sandi: Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I think your plan of working on one area at a time is a good one! Baby steps...just think baby steps. :grouphug:

Jill: You're new renovations sound lovely. Are you going to share pictures? :hini, hint: ;)

Gas Prices: Slowly falling here. Paid $2.89 a gallon today compared to over $3 this time last weekend.

Had a busy week. Had some good news on 2 fronts though :)
First off. I got a new car. No more gas guzzlin', money suckin' 15 year old beater. I got a great deal (under $4200) on a used 2002 Saturn that gets 40 miles a gallon (highway) and around 35 (city). WOOoo-HOOoo! I feel so much better now that I don't have to worry about repairing that d%$@# car. Granted I have car payments now but I have a dependable car to drive to work so I can earn the money to make the payments with. Anyway, on to the other good news. LOL

DH has found some part-time work. Very cool :cool: Cooler still is the fact it is doing stuff related to the degree he is earning. He doesn't have the details as to when he starts, but later this week he will bring his school schedule in so they can set up his work schedule around it. (One of his employer is a graduate of the same school.) I'm still planning to find a second job. Will apply at the local WallyWorld tomorrow or Monday.

Today, we were at a wedding. It was fun. I ate pretty good ;) Celery sticks, baby carrots, dab of dip; pasta salad; cooked carrots; roasted chicken breast; dinner rolls with a dab or margarine; and cake (then a bit more cake and some chocolate zingers on the ride home. :o) I think I managed to stay within my calorie limits but will add it all up on fitday and update later. I did drink my water and then some-was HOT today! 89 or so, in September! Also drank some diet pepsi and rice milk.
Got in my exercise: went for a 1.5 mile run this morning before we left and took a 5 block stroll with my little guy in his stroller after dinner at the reception.
Will post it all in the buddy thread tomorrow. Right now I need to go to bed. My throat is scratchy, nose is running like crazy and I'm starting to feel horrible. YUCK! Think I"m getting sick. At least I have tommorrow off, was thinking about going in if they need me and I could definitly use the money. Will see how I feel in the morning, can't go into work with a fever and runny nose anyway.

Well, now that I"ve posted a short novel, I shall get my oogy feeling self off to bed.

SuchAPrettyFace
09-11-2005, 07:36 PM
Dawnyal: Glad to hear you weren't hurt!

Jilly: Glad to hear your house is back to normal.

Newfie: Have fun in Kentucky!

Gayle: My mom & her best friend also turned 50 this year--have a good time. :cheers:

Sandi: What are you serving for Bunko? :dz: :nono: I know where you are coming from. Every month me & my girlfriends get together--to EAT!!! I wish we could do different things, but me & 2 others struggle w/our weight, the others don't have a problem. *sigh*

Sarah: Didn't they hire anyone in the 8 months you were gone??? :eek:

Jennifer: Bunko is a card game. Good luck w/apartment hunting in NYC. :faint:

Laura: Congrats on the new car & DH's job! They just opened a new WalMart here in Pewaukee, it's gorgeous!!! I hear they give insurance to part timers now, but don't quote me on that. Also, we have canceled out Couple Weekend in the Dells & are now coming to just do a day @ Sundara. Not sure when, but I would love to have a diet soda & big salad w/you @ the Pizza Pub or somewhere. I will PM you when plans are final.

Gas here was $3.19. I refused to buy any at that price, only drove to work & back. Then it lowered to $3.09. I spent $40, and THE NEXT DAY it was back to $2.99. :lol:

My friend's wedding Labor Day weekend was beautiful. :queen:

I'm getting used to the new job. Liking most of it but the crew is very young & very immature at times. We have a new person starting tomorrow & I hope to GOD she is in her 30's or older. One more 22 year old who giggles all day & I think I would go postal. Thank goodness for CD's & headphones!!! :joker:

I have been approved to participate in the second phase of the clinical trial that I did last November in Orlando. It's for Tolvaptan, which they think might slow down the progression of PKD. It increases blood flow to the kidney, and shrinks existing cysts, as well as preventing new ones from forming. This means I won't suffer from ESRD (end stage renal disease, meaning dialysis, and looking for a living donor), hopefully. I am very excited about it & will need to go to Mayo Clinic for an MRI, ultrasound & some bloodwork. I will be on Tolvaptan for 3 years, seeing my kidney doctor every week for the first 4 weeks, then every 6 months. Quite the switch from the once a year that I see him now. The reason for this part of the trial is to get the dosing correct. I weigh x amount of pounds, I am on x medications, I exercise x times a week, so x amount of tolvaptan is optimal for me. Optimal meaning, still providing benefit to the kidney while having side effects the patient can live with. I am very excited about starting. :)

Other than that, everything is good. I don't start work til 9:30, but have been waking up at 6:30 & 7, so am thinking about hitting the gym instead of going back to bed. Everyone who knows me & is reading this, you can stop laughing anytime. ;) I really need to get back to the gym & after work I just don't think I will have time/motivation. I want to start doing that by October, hitting the gym 3 times a week in the AM's.

Today is my best friend's 30th birthday & we are having a dinner party in 30 minutes & I am still in my PJ's so I guess I better hit the showers. It was good catching up on everyone & Jilly I PROMISE to be back in Diet-Girl mode by October. When my kidney doc sees how much I weigh, I am going to get his finger wagged in my face again & threatened w/gastric bypass. But on Tolvaptan, I cannot be a Gastric Bypass Patient. :D I want to do this the old fashioned way.

missaprylj
09-11-2005, 08:19 PM
Everyone is so busy, busy, busy this time of year! (Or is it just that we're ALWAYS busy?)

Dad's going out of town this week with his GF, I'm happy he's going on his first vacation in his 56 years and also that he's happy with the GF. (His first in my life!) I'm also jazzed about him being G-O-N-E. He's been driving me crazy lately. Honestly. We've always had such a good relationship (we're not fighting or anyhting) it's just that we annoy each other more than usual....

Time to start filling out and sending in college applications! :yikes: Scary.

I'm starting Jorge Cruise's plan tomorrow. Should be interesting. If I stay on it, (which is simply weight training, and eating more veggies/fruit than anything else, then eating moderately on protein and carbs) I'll supposedly lose 2lbs/week on average. That sounds like a healthy promise to me. Plus it works a lot on emotional eating which I need *help* with.

Have a great week everyone.

howie6267
09-11-2005, 09:15 PM
Hi all, Good to catch up with you. I have not been here as much as I like. Have not been feeling the greatest since my milogram. I'm hoping it clears up soon.

We had our biggest loser party last night and that was fun. We also got our picture in the paper with a nice write up. The pastor asked for my autograph this morning at church. I told him sure and with that and a $1 he could get a cup of coffee.

We will be traveling to Baltimore on Wednesday. My doctors apointment is on Thursday. I am looking forward to seeing the inner harbor again. I lived in Baltimore for 3 months when I was 11. I tried to get a room where me and my Dad lived but they were booked. He was the chef at the Lord Baltimore Hotel and they let him live in one of the rooms.

Sheila53
09-13-2005, 07:31 PM
I wanted to share this photo of the unhappy Tinkerbell. :D My granddaughter is going to be Tinkerbell for Halloween, and since we were back there last week, her Dad dressed her up. She doesn't like the wings--I think the straps that hold up the wings are kind of scratchy. She turns 5 at the end of the month, which is an incredible, unbelievable miracle. Hopefully, my son can take better photos than Grandpa. :)

famograham
09-13-2005, 08:34 PM
Sheila, she's beautiful!

That's the cutest costume ever! I need something like that for Talia, who just turned four in July.

Hope you enjoyed your little miracle, it must be so hard not living around the corner! I couldn't live more than about 45 minutes from my Mommy...:lol:

xoxox
Linda

activeadventurer
09-14-2005, 08:07 AM
Hi Folks,

I see alot of familiar "faces" on this thread and so much is happening for so many people. WOW!!! As some of you know, I returned to part time work last week after almost a year off post op for uterine cancer. Sarah, how do you do it, even part time work is totally kicking my b**t. After working one week. I was home for a few days with a nasty cold. Today it is back in the saddle :dizzy: . I had my one year post surgery check up last week. Was really stressed but everything went well. Will get my "official" results next week.

I can't tell you how much the support of the fine people at 3FC (that's you!) has meant to me. I was really discouraged when I went to the doctor's last week and my weight was up 9 pounds from 6 months ago. With what I am eating and doing for exercise, my doctor says I should be losing about 3 pounds a week. I have always been a very slow loser but I think this is the new reality of my post surgery body.

There is some comfort in just knowing that I am taking much better care of myself and eating healthy foods and exercising. Oh and I won't forget drinking water. Also, Apryl, I have to tell you that since I started the JC 3 hour diet, I have all but eliminated binge eating. I will occasionally over eat but I don't binge since I have been eating every 3 hours, Best wishes and let us know how it goes.

On the fun front, I am having a guy that I have been dating for the last couple of months over to my apartment for the first time next week. We are ordering in from a restaurant in my building that serves "new southern" cuisine. (It's my splurge meal Jillegal) A side note, my friend/date never eats dessert and has weighed the same for the last 30 years. I find people like that so annoying :p ;)

Keep on trucking DCM

Jillegal
09-14-2005, 11:51 AM
Oh Sheila, I had to chuckle at the sad looking little tinkerbell who still looks so sweet even with a pout. I bet she'll be smiling on the "big night" and hopefully you can post another picture with a big grin like the one in your avatar!

Okay, DCM, I'll allow a splurge meal since I know you won't binge and will get right back on track the next day, right? :s: As for your special friend, its the ones who DO eat dessert all the time but haven't gained weight for 30 years who really annoy me. :devil: Then again, the fact that there's people out there who don't get excited about a dessert is pretty annoying too. Well, I'm sure he has other qualities. :lol: Enjoy!

barbygirl43
09-14-2005, 12:46 PM
Sheila she is just adorable. I love that costume.

DCM--Sorry to hear about the cold. Sounds like you have a great plan in place for your date.

synger
09-14-2005, 01:20 PM
Things have been going well for me. Finally down two pounds after more than a month of hovering at 277/278. I think this qualifies as VFT for me, as I've not seen lower than 277 in over five years. Most times, I've gotten to about this point and given up again. I think my body has a series of "set points" where it is comfortable holding onto fat. Upper 270s is one of them. Mid 260s will be another, if I remember correctly (I was in the mid 260s when I got married almost 15 years ago). Below that, it's all new territory for me.

I've been having fun taking Gem on walks. Well, I walk slowly along while she rides her Red Ryder classic tricycle with the red and cream streamers. She's FINALLY tall/strong enough to ride it, even though we've had it for over a year now.

And tonight...tonight I get to ride MY NEW BIKE!!! *happy dance, and a quick prayer that it holds off raining until afterward*

I used to love riding when I was a kid, but gave up in college when the weight really started packing on. A few months ago Hunter got a bike seat for his bike for Gem. I really wanted to join them. I felt like an old, fat, poop for not even trying. So I dutifully got on his old bike and wobbled around the block, expecting the tires to pop at any moment. I hadn't ridden in over 20 years and 100 pounds. What a rush!

But I couldn't continue. Those thin little tires just didn't do it for me. So when my birthday came around in August, and Hunter asked what I wanted, I told him I wanted a bike of my own, suitable for my weight. We went to the bike shop and the lady helped us look at their stuff online. They didn't have "comfort bikes" in stock. We ordered one, and Hunter brought it home last night.

So I'm hoping to ride tonight, then take a day or two off to let the inevitable saddle soreness dissipate, then go again. I hope to ride two or three times a week, and am already planning out different routes I can try around the neighborhood until I'm comfortable on the heavier-traffic roads.

SnShn13
09-14-2005, 01:40 PM
I have no idea how I have been a part of 3FC for almost two months and I haven't read a yadda yadda thread yet... haha. I could have used this to vent in instead of starting a new thread a few weeks ago about my personal problems! Oh well...

Things have been kind of crazy this week. I had an enormous fight with the guy I have been seeing for three years. I wasn't sure we were even going to talk anymore but he called me today and I hope to slowly repair and fix our relationship. (For now we're friends.) I don't know what my problem is but I get clingy and have no confidence when it comes to relationships. Sucks because I really want to get married and have kids one day (hopefully within the next 5 years or so). So, I am going to take this time to re-get to know me and figure out who I am, hopefully work things out with the guy, and learn to be more confident in my life in general.

I'm still waiting to see if this company I have been temping with since January will hire me in or let me go for someone new. I had to send in a resume three weeks ago and still no word! GRR... at least there haven't been people coming in for interviews right in front of my face. (I'm the receptionist)

I'm still living with my Grandma even though I want to get my own place. I'm always so torn about renting or trying to buy a house (I can't do that yet anyway... I'm pretty broke!) but it seems like renting is kind of a loss in the long run because that money isn't going to something that is yours to keep... So, I think I am going to continue to suck it up at Gram's until I can afford my own thing or something works out for me and guy (or if it never works out, another guy one day).

I was reading about all the gas prices... last night here in Cleveland, I saw it for 2.65 and got all excited. How sad to be happy over THAT price. The summer before I started driving (1999... I didn't drive until I turned 18 in 2000 :( ) gas was .99/gal. The only thing that's cool here is that Giant Eagle (local grocery store for OH and PA) does gas perks. So, every $50 you spend on groceries you earn 10 cents off per gal. They can really add up!

Well, I certainly wrote a novel today. I blame the never really realizing what the yadda yadda threads were all about. I could go on since I didn't get to say anything to anyone else but I don't want to take up anymore space. Thanks for reading! Toodles!

lessofsarahtolove
09-14-2005, 02:32 PM
Sarah, how do you do it, even part time work is totally kicking my b**t. After working one week. I was home for a few days with a nasty cold. Today it is back in the saddle :dizzy: . I had my one year post surgery check up last week. Was really stressed but everything went well. Will get my "official" results next week.
Hi there! I totally understand that stress -- I'll have my first quarterly check-up in a month or so, and I know I'll be frantic. They say that it lessens eventually, but I've been told to expect to feel anxiety around scan/check-up time for years to come. I'll say a prayer for your results next week -- share the good news, would you. ;)

As for my being back at work full-time, it really is hard. I get up at 5:30, commute almost an hour, work 9 - 9 1/2 hours, commute another hour home, and then I can manage to stay awake for another 2-3 hours before konking out. I'm fast asleep by 9:30....10 at the latest. :( I'm sure it will get easier eventually.

I've not spent much time here because, while I'm living on plan,
it's so discouraging having nothing positive to report. I'm not demotivated enough to give up, but it's definitely affected my level of participation here! :^:

I'm really glad to hear that everyone's doing well.....

Big hugs and mucho love. :grouphug:

activeadventurer
09-15-2005, 01:39 AM
Sarah,

My heart really goes out to you! Prayers too. I have never been the same since the day my doctor came to my bedside, looked me in the eye and said "You have cancer". It turned my life upside down and at the same time I value the life I have SO MUCH MORE. I pretty much don't waste a minute of it on "dumb stuff".

Please feel free to PM me if you just want to yada yada about all that goes with the diagnosis. Also, I am a former director at an international high tech consulting company and founder of my own consulting firm. I have retired to a much quieter life but know a lot about the industry and the realities of your everyday work life. Hope we can be of comfort to each other.

and Synger,

I want to hear all about this bicycle adventure. One of my dreams is to get a bicycle next spring and get "back in the saddle" so to speak. Full report :^:

SuchAPrettyFace
09-27-2005, 10:40 PM
Bump!

Went to the kidney dr today for my annual torture session/lecture about how fat I am. :rolleyes:

Before I left work, I had tucked my top into my low-rise jeans, making my cleavage look nice. I put on some makeup & asked my cubicle-neighbor how I looked.

"Why, is your doctor hot?"

"No, I want him to forget about weighing me" :lol:

Well, it sort of worked! He saw me & smiled & said hi & brought me back right away to discuss our mutual concerns. (his nurse was telling all the girls in the office a story in back.) My creatinine (tells how well my kidneys are working) is DOWNNNNN!!!!!!! By a tenth of a point, but still! Dr laughed @ me when I got excited about that. I know, I know, it's a progressive disease, but I went in expecting bad news, and that was kind of good news, right? :)

So, I schedule an appt for next year, he heartily approves of the clinical trial for next month & I think I can go home, then he says the words that make my blood turn to ice,

"Linda, take her vitals."

Fark! :(

I weighed in @ my friend's house last night, 318.5! :eek: That really depressed me, and I didn't want him to wag his finger in my face & say "Gastric Bypass!", so I've been :kickcan: all day.

308 baby!!!! :) It's not the 278 it was last time I was there. But you know what? It's not the 330 I was in April, either. :)

What's going on w/everyone else??? Why was this thread on page 3? :p

Jillegal
09-27-2005, 11:46 PM
Congrats on the creatinine and overnight weight loss, SAPF. But...you didn't say whether the doctor complimented you on your cleavage! :devil:

Nothing much going on with me other than tearing the house apart doing renovations (that damn flood ended up costing me so much because now I want the rest of the house to look as good as the repaired part). :lol:

SuchAPrettyFace
09-28-2005, 01:23 AM
He saw me first w/o having my vitals taken, didn't he? :dz:

And I think that avatar is about the cutest thing I've ever seen! ;)

jillybean720
09-28-2005, 02:14 PM
Getting on the scale at the doctor's is always the worst, man, no matter what kind of doctor it is! I had my GYN once ask me (during an exam, of course--doctors seem to like to pick the most awkward times to ask questions) no if I was trying to lose weight or if I had any questions about diets or anything. No, skipped past all that, and her first question to me was, "So, why aren't you doing Weight Watchers?" :dizzy:

At my regular physician, they start a new page of the file every time I go. I think they enter stuf into the computer daily so they don't have big paper files of info or something--who knows. Anyway, so every time I go, they weigh me, and then yell at me for being fat. Well, had they had my previous information in front of them, they would see that I have been losing weight! Ugh, so frustrating...I know I'm still fat at 280, but it's not as fat as when I was 310!

Alright, enough ranting about doctors--in life, I'm moving in a few weeks. I can't WAIT to move...bigger apartment AND live-in boyfriend :D I must subconsciously be very anxious about it, though, because I've been having really weird dreams and not sleeping well lately at all. We'll see...hopefully, Jeff and I will both still be alive come Christmas time :p

Sheila53
09-28-2005, 02:50 PM
Hey, SAPF, congratulations on the lowered numbers--both of them!

Jilly, so what all are you having done at your house? Do we get to see before and after pics? I love remodeling stuff.

Jill, that's exciting news about the move and the live-in boyfriend. Hope all goes well!

You know, I always got around the weight thing by refusing to get weighed. I already knew I was fat (and even now I sometimes don't let them weigh me). Nobody ever said to me, hey, you MUST get weighed, although I imagine they monitor people with chronic health problems more closely.

So I'm going to be a big downer here. I had a repeat bone density exam last week after taking Actonel for a year, lifting weights, exercising, taking calcium, etc., etc. I was so psyched to have the doctor say that my bones were fine, and I could get off the medicine. Well, you guessed it. My bone density scan shows abnormalities, and I've still got osteopenia (and one area of possible osteoporosis) in my spine, and she wants to see me next week to discuss options. Sheesh!! I do not fit the profile whatsoever. I'm big, I've been bigger (and carrying around 100 extra lbs. is definitely weight bearing exercise!), I've never smoked, I exercise, I take calcium, and, dang it, I was taking the darn osteoporosis drug. I really don't want to end up with one of those old lady humps and unable to move because of fear of fractures.

Up until today, I didn't mind getting older, but now it really sucks big time. Okay, enough of my ranting and raving. At least the weather is beautiful here! :)

Edited to add: Man, after reading over this post, I realize I need some calcium-rich, lowfat cheese with my whine! :D

SnShn13
09-28-2005, 03:29 PM
Sheila, I'm really sorry to hear about your back problems. I would be freaking out! I hope everything works out for you!

Jilly, that is REALLY exciting about the move and stuff. How long have you guys been together? My guy and I have been discussing a second attempt at living together... Hope it's fun!

I almost forgot to write about what's on my mind...lol. I am rejoining the gym I belonged to 3 years ago! I LOVED IT THERE! I go in October 10th (just in time for my Oct 13th goal!). It includes 6 free training sessions with a professional. Also, a visual fitness planner which does a virtual image of you at the weight you are and then what you'd look like after you reach your goal, etc. I'm so pumped! Anyone interested in my gym can check it out at www.lifeworksfitness.net I know there's only a handful of us from Ohio but I thought I'd share it! Thanks!

kykaree
09-28-2005, 06:47 PM
What a day I have had today. I get to work, check my email, and my sister has had a baby girl (10lb!!!!!!!!1) Named Una Pearl (her first is called fred - she's a girl!!!)

Then I had a meeting with my new manager at work, (I changed jobs a few weeks ago) who says I am fabulous and am doing far better than she would expect and she can't even picture a time when I wasn't on her team. AND that she is glad she fought for me, apparently there were three departments who had a massive argument as they all wanted me!!!

In the meeting I was grabbed by my gym manager who thrust a huge glossy magazine in their hand, and who should appear on page 80 something but ME!!! The magazine has Uma Thurman on the cover!!!!! Me in the same magazine as Uma Thurman????????? Who would have thought????

Go to http://www.sonahealth.com/ lick under my new best friend Uma to read the online magazine click on section 22 then next under the gorgeous lady, and there I am!!!! Amazing!!!!

famograham
09-28-2005, 10:10 PM
WOW!!!!!
That's just so cool ;)

Now..since you don't sign your signature with your name and I don't recall hearing it before...is Kylie your real name, or a magazing pseudonym?

I don't want to start calling you that if it's not correct after all...:lol:

Seriously, though...
Congratulations :)

xoxoxo
Linda

Jillegal
09-29-2005, 12:59 AM
That sucks, Sheila :( Its one thing to neglect your health, not exercise and eat poorly, but another to go out of your way to improve your health by exercising, eating properly and taking supplements and then get that kind of news! :mad: I think you're entitled to whine ~ it really is unfair. Hopefully the available "options" are not too cumbersome and will take care of it.

The main thing that's happening in my house right now is getting rid of all the wall-to-wall broadloom throughout and replacing it with hardwood flooring and installing new ceramic tile in the kitchen/hallways. We've been painting up a storm (finished the livingroom, diningroom and one bathroom so far), G has replaced my kitchen sink, taps, etc. and is building a beeootiful new hall closet at the main entrance. Since the lower level is fine now, I promised him that once the main floor is finished he can rest for awhile (I'll be bugging to start on the second floor come spring) ;)

Congrats on the article, Kykaree! Another celebrity in our midst to go along with Howberley :D Good work!

kykaree
09-29-2005, 02:31 AM
Yep, I'm Kylie! Kykaree is my dad's pet name for me, my real name is Kylie Maree.

I went for my swim last night, I am so tired this morning!!!! The pool is only open an hour between 9 and ten at night!!!! And there were no busses so I had to walk home in the dark about a mile. Fortunately it's a pleasant walk with restaurants and pubs along the road, so its quite safe, but the weather is getting most unpleasant.

Any exciting plans for the weekend anyone?? We're trying to find a cheap and cheerful holiday for the second week in October, and I have next week off work, I'm planning to have a "whizz week" I did this in April as well. I'll aim to swim every morning and gym everday as well, and concentrate on eating healthily. I found last time this really gave me a boost and the weight fell off for a while, here's hoping!!!!

dragonwoman64
09-29-2005, 11:51 AM
Kylie, GREAT article, you must feel a real sense of accomplishment. :) :) :) Congratulations, woman. I'm proud of you, you weight loss dynamo!

I don't blame you for whining, Sheila. I bet all the stuff you've done to make yourself healthier has helped the situation. Hang in there.

I officially weigh myself tomorrow, but I looked today and I'm out of the 260s into the 250s. Great to break another 10 lb barrier. :)

lessofsarahtolove
09-29-2005, 01:37 PM
Sheila, you made me laugh with your high-calcium, lowfat cheese comment! :lol: I didn't think you were whining at all -- I can imagine how disappointing it must have been. I'm with Linda, though; I'm sure your efforts have paid off. I sure hope you get some good info and news at that upcoming doc's visit. You're providing a good heads-up to the rest of us to take bone density seriously. (That and my ailing metabolism were the two big reasons I so desperately wanted my chemo-induced premature menopause to get the heck outta here, and why I was so thrilled when it did!) I'll be thinking good thoughts for you.

Kylie, go YOU!! What a great article....and good old Uma's got nothing on you, girl!

The big news here is that we have a really nice elliptical on the way!!! Woo HOOOOO! :dancer: It's verrrry exciting. It's monstrously big, at 85" long, but I am bound and determined to have it in our [little] guest room/office on the way to my bathroom, so the old, "But it's cold and the treadmill and exercise bike are 2 flights down" lame*** excuse simply will not apply. :s: I don't care if I have to remove the couch/guest bed and they end up sleeping in the basement (with the exercise equipment :lol3: ) or on the couch in the living room. Lorraine sees it differently, but on this I won't be swayed. :no: She needs it under her nose just as much as I do. We had to get this enormous one because it's a good quality machine that we can make payments on. (After discounts, it's $1150., so it's not cheap, but it's still reasonable as good quality ellipticals go.) Anyway, that's the big, big news. It should probably arrive at the end of next week/beginning of the following one, and Lorraine gets the happy task of assembling it. (Thank God she's good at that stuff. :yes: I'm good at being the assistant, organizing the parts and providing tuna sandwiches and positive feedback! :lol:

I'm so sick of talking about how tired I am, and how tired she is.....so I won't. Suffice to say I am, and she is. 'Nuff said -- it's a bore.

Ate a little off plan this weekend when her sister was here.....I ordered responsibly for the most part -- the only exception was at the Baltimore Book Fair we went to (where I made out like a bandit, by the way!) As we all know, it's so much harder to control your eats when you're not making the stuff yourself. Anyhoo, I'm total Tilapia Girl (and Chicken and Salad Girl) this week.

Hope everyone's doing well......big hugs for all of you. :grouphug:

boiaby
09-29-2005, 04:01 PM
Sheila, you go right ahead and whine all you want. That's a sucky diagnosis and you have every right to throw a :tantrum: I'm thinking about you sweetie.

Jill, you know you love having an excuse to redo everything! :s: All this hard work is gonna pay off in such a big and beautiful way, but I'm sure you can't wait for it all to be over with. Poor George, you slave driver you! ;) :D

Kylie, that is so awesome!! Thank you for sharing the article. I bet you've been walking around with a big 'ol cheesy grin :D all week, and rightly so! Good for you!

Sarah, honey, that elliptical sounds fabulous! I hope the two of you will enjoy lots of good use out of it. I wish things were different with regard to each of your energy levels. I know how utterly sick the two of you must be of this by now. Just know that you are always in my thoughts and I hope each day brings at least a little more strength.

Hi to everyone! :wave: Just checking in and hoping you all are having a fantastic day!!

Beverly

glynne
09-29-2005, 04:06 PM
Got back on Monday evening from the high school girlfriends mini reunion. It was so much fun. Only 6 of us were able to make it, but it was a blast. We stayed up late talking. Went out sight seeing and to a winery and wine tasting, prowled around some gift shops. Had dinner, then a birthday cake and champagne toast. We got out the year books and went through the pictures of our senior class and kind of caught up on what our classmates were doing. We shared memories and teacher horror stories. Had a gift exchange. Shared tears and laughter. It was so much fun we hope to make it a yearly thing. Hopefully more of our friends will be able to come next time.

While "up home" I got to see my mom and dad again, my sister and her kids, my brother and his family and friend. Got to meet Shorty (the little neighbor dog who visits my parents). Went to visit my grandma who will be 100 in December ~ she is amazing ~ she lives in an assisted living place, does crafts and helps others do crafts ~ she is sharp with her memory. Got to spend a little time with my sister and her boyfriend ~ getting to know him a little better. Got to meet in person a lady who has become my friend (met her here at 3FC some time ago).

It was a wonderful weekend. I am so excited ~ I just had to share. Took a whole roll of film ~ can't wait to get it back.