Support Groups - Young MOMs eager to LOOK good again!!!

tampagirlcmb
09-07-2005, 10:48 AM
I'm 25, I have a 4 yr old boy. I have a small group of girlfriends who all struggle with their weight after having children. One of my gal pals has finally told me she's ready to get on the fitness band wagon and start feeling good again. I have tons of time on my hands to give support to anyone who needs the extra push to lose the pounds. I extend my hand out to the younger moms cuz I was there at one time and I know it's hard when maybe you are the only one out of your friends with a child and youre looking for friends with kids anywhere! Stay at home or single moms who would like a support system for losing some weight or just to chat...let me know. -tampagirl

loosinbabyfat
09-07-2005, 03:45 PM
I'm 25 yrs old too :) I have a 4 yo boy, 3 yo boy and 2 yo girl. :) I'm also on the band wagon of loosing weight and would love some support! :)

tampagirlcmb
09-07-2005, 04:34 PM
Gosh Girl you've got your hands full!!! Most of my friends have two kids, me just one, just because I'm single and one is hard enough! I would like to move this thread to the support group forum so maybe we can pick up some more gals. Do you stay at home with your kids, do you work, are you married? Just curious. It's not easy finding time for yourself with one child, I can't imagine 3, but I definately think you can do it. Youre already on your way! I will try and set something up in the support groups and email you when I do. Talk tomorrow. -caroline

jinxd
09-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Get out of my head! I don't know too many young moms, so there's really no one here that I can buddy up with. I'm 24, I have a 7 month old son. I WAHM 3 days a week and then I go into the office twice weekly. I get "personal time" for an hour each evening to do my workouts (4.5 miles brisk walking), and I do my a.m. workout at 4:25 in order to get some peace and be able to relax afterwards. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

loosinbabyfat
09-07-2005, 05:09 PM
I am a married SAHM. Hubby works 12 hrs/ day lately, so I'm alone w/ the kids all the time. I don't get any alone time... well, once/mo usually.

I'm starting to get up earlier so that I can get a good morning workout in before dh leaves for work and hopefully that will help this weight loss stuff.

KamsMoMa
09-08-2005, 10:58 PM
I would love the support and motivation. Im 22 years old and I have an 7 month old son. I really want to lose weight so bad but its so hard for me to stay motivated :(... I need to lose a little over 30 lbs..

loosinbabyfat
09-09-2005, 02:36 PM
Hi KamsMoMa :) I need to loose 20 to be where I want to be... 30 if I wanted to be real slim tho.

I have trouble staying motivated as well, but I think if we can encourage each other it'll help :)

How are you doing today??

dyintobethin
09-09-2005, 02:56 PM
i know how all of you feel im 23 i have a 4 year old a 2 year old and i have a 9 month old so losinbabyfat im right there with you i would love to get and give support from you all hope to talk soon

ajkulig
09-09-2005, 05:22 PM
Hello ladies! I too am a young mom, I'm turning 22 this month and I have a 2 month old daughter. My goal is to loose 40 pounds but I have started running in to all kinds of probems like the fact that my perfect husband can eat any thing he wants and stay well... perfect- and the fact that he is a horrible work out buddy because his next big hurdle is he wants to run 2 miles in under 10 minutes- (I would like to maybe start adding a run/walk/jog thing into my walk some time in the not to distant future) and he can do like 70 some thing sit ups in less than 1 minute... I don't even see how thats possible! Anyway it's really hard to avoid eatting tempting food because he can eat that stuff and I can't but I think it's unfair that he keep it out of the house because I have no will power and I can't eat it.

Also I only have two friends here (I moved to Omaha from Houston last year because my husband is in the Air Force) one of them knows exactly what I am going through but seems unmotivated to do much about it and the other one is clueless and thin.

Ugh I need so much help lol.

Angela

JenniferCohrs
09-09-2005, 06:21 PM
I am also a young mom. I will be 22 tomorrow and I have a 2yo boy and an almost 3 month old boy also.
At my heaviest I got up to 290 with my first son.. I didnt gain as much with #2 Jamison, but I started the sbd sept 7 and have gone from 252 to 245 already!!
My first goal is to get to 199 and then I would love to be less then 170, which I can not remember ever being.
The diet is going great so far, but I cant be as strict bc i am breastfeeding.. so things wont be as hard for me on phase 1..
here are pictures of my weight up and down since 2001...
they are all mixed up...
http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=89214909308&view=edit&rnd=574156
:^:

mommy9802
09-09-2005, 09:39 PM
Hello Everyone! My name is Alisha and i am a young mother of 2 great boys! One that is 6 and one that is 3! And i am only 22 years old! And desperatly wanting to look good again. I would love to be where i was when i graduated High School, which was 130 pounds! I am on my way there, its just its going to take a little while. I have to keep telling myself that the wieght didn't get put on overnight (even though it feels like it did) so i know it will take a little while to come off. But this website, has been so motivational for me. I really enjoy talking to people that have the same issues and struggles as i do. So if it is ok with everyone, i would like to join this group of gals! Have a great Weekend Everyone!

Alisha

loosinbabyfat
09-09-2005, 10:32 PM
Hi! I'm glad there are more joining!! Jennifer ~ I looked at your pics! You are beautiful, girl!! :) and your kiddos are adorable!!

I hope that everyone has a great weekend!! And try to stick w/ the diet... I know it's hard tho! I'm struggling a lot lately :(

GetSerious
09-10-2005, 02:23 AM
Ok I want to jump on the bandwagon as well. Im 22 almost 23 with a 3 year old and my current weight is 230 *insert shock smiley* lol. I actually weigh more now than I did when I was preggo with her. :( I just want to get down to 160, which is where I was when I got pregnant. I remember trying to lost about 20-30 then but Ill settle being 160 anyday right about now. I gained about 30 something pounds when I was pregnant and when I left the hospital I was down to 180 something then life happened. I started eating more fast food than ever along with other things and Ive ballooned up into the 200's. Most of the women in my family are petite women so it is definitely hard being the biggest around everyone but I just want to get under 200 pounds by the end of the year, at least. :D

KamsMoMa
09-10-2005, 03:06 AM
Hi KamsMoMa :) I need to loose 20 to be where I want to be... 30 if I wanted to be real slim tho.

I have trouble staying motivated as well, but I think if we can encourage each other it'll help :)

How are you doing today??

Hey girly :) Im fine just tired, i've been up wrestling with my son lol but anyway How was your day?? That sounds like a great ideal :)..I see we weigh around the same amount...

And hello to all the other young mommies :) Is there a page or something on here dedicated to young mommies that's trying to loose weight?? It would be nice if we could check in somewhere on here to help keep in touch, motivate, share exercise tips and track each other weight lose ..

loosinbabyfat
09-11-2005, 05:54 PM
I think this site just does threads, not whole forums, but I'm not sure. I think we just keep using this thread until it gets too long.

We are the same weight :) You are trying to loose 10 more than I am tho! I probably need to get down to 140, but will be very happy at 150! After my DD was born almost 2 years ago I was at 220, so I'm happy to be at 170 and can't wait to be at 150 again someday :)

KamsMoMa
09-12-2005, 09:21 PM
Hey im with you on the 150 thingy If i hit 150 I would be pleased also :) to be honest I will be happy to see 160

Shamernadi
09-12-2005, 09:35 PM
Ok I want to jump on the bandwagon as well. Im 22 almost 23 with a 3 year old and my current weight is 230 *insert shock smiley* lol. I actually weigh more now than I did when I was preggo with her. :( I just want to get down to 160, which is where I was when I got pregnant. I remember trying to lost about 20-30 then but Ill settle being 160 anyday right about now. I gained about 30 something pounds when I was pregnant and when I left the hospital I was down to 180 something then life happened. I started eating more fast food than ever along with other things and Ive ballooned up into the 200's. Most of the women in my family are petite women so it is definitely hard being the biggest around everyone but I just want to get under 200 pounds by the end of the year, at least. :D

I could have almost written your post exactly! We're the same start weight and have the exact same goals. Only difference is I'm 26 and my daughter is only 2!! LOL
I would love to have someone to email daily and talk to about things life wise, weight loss wise, just someone to support and support me. If anyone's interested let me know! :) I'm new around here!

lovingmysailor
09-13-2005, 06:04 AM
Hi Everyone,

My name is Tricia and I am a 24 year old mom to 4 kids (yes I started young). My husband is in the Navy and we are currently stationed in San Diego. I am a new WAHM (just became an Avon Rep) and I homeschool my two oldest. Right now I have about 6o lbs to lose. I haven't really started anything yet but reading these boards is getting me really motivated to get my butt moving. In the past I did BFL but now I'm thinking I might give the SBD a shot. Anything will be better than what I am doing now, a whole lot of eating out and not a whole lot of exercsing. :(

I guess that's about it for now. I need to get my butt to bed it's really late. Bye for now.

mama2aredhead
09-13-2005, 11:20 AM
hi everyone!
My name is Sami, I'm 22 married to Joe ( who is perfect, can eat anything and not gain.. grrr).. I have 2 beautiful girls, Debbie who is 2 and Kaytie who is 2.5 months old.

I'm at my highest weight now 315 ( shocked look ). My goal is 160lbs by this time next year. Short term goal is 15- 20 lbs lighter by christmas..

cant wait to get to know everyone!

ajkulig
09-13-2005, 11:31 AM
Hey Sami!

I know all about perfect husbands lol- but I don't think they mean to be annoying, when was Kaytie born? My daughter Clover was born on July 6!

Angela

mama2aredhead
09-13-2005, 12:04 PM
what a pretty name Clover :)

Kaytie was born June 24th :)...her real name is Kaydence but we call her Kaytie

Shamernadi
09-13-2005, 12:13 PM
WOW, I love the name Clover.. I love those names that are very unusual! I loved the name Willow but we ended up sticking with Meredith and it fits my daughter, so I'm glad we did. Sami, I'm laughing so hard about your "screaming long winded toddler," I know that ALL TO WELL!!
And let me tell you something about perfect husbands. My husband and I started WW together at the beginning of the year. He was very lienient on his daily points and ate how he wanted pretty much and he has lost 25lbs in a matter of 3 weeks and I had lost 8. I got discouraged and quit while he kept on trucking and ended up losing 50lbs in a matter of 3 months. He makes me sick!!! LOL
Can't wait to get to know more about all of you all! :)

happydaisy
09-13-2005, 01:08 PM
I'm so happy to have stumbled on this group! I'm a 25 year old with a just turned 6 son. I would love to lose weight with people who are struggling with similar issues. A little info on me: I am a nurse, I work in a peds ER. I have lost this weight once before, but did it through extreme calorie reduction and massive workouts. I want a more balanced approach this time. My son is beautiful and a little wild, so hopefully keeping up with him will help me out a little bit at least. ;) I love to work out, but haven't done it for a while. When I was in better shape my favorites were running and tae bo. My goals are to lose this weight and run a marathon. In the shorter term, I'd like to be 25 pounds lighter by Christmas and have run a 5k by then. Good luck to all of you too!

tampagirlcmb
09-13-2005, 01:18 PM
Hello everyone!!! Geez there are a ton of girls responding to the thread! Yeah! I do think we should move this to the support group forum. I started one after I posted this link called BabyFat BeGone- Support for Young Moms. Only loosinbabyfat and I have posted on it so if you all would like to start posting over there or keep this thread going is fine with me. Let me know what you all would like to do!!!
-tampagirlcmb

tampagirlcmb
09-13-2005, 01:21 PM
Get out of my head! I don't know too many young moms, so there's really no one here that I can buddy up with. I'm 24, I have a 7 month old son. I WAHM 3 days a week and then I go into the office twice weekly. I get "personal time" for an hour each evening to do my workouts (4.5 miles brisk walking), and I do my a.m. workout at 4:25 in order to get some peace and be able to relax afterwards. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

We are trying to move this thread to the Support Groups Forum - BabyFat BeGone-Support for young moms. We want to start doing challenges and fun stuff like that. If you would like to post over there please do. The more the merrier! Thanks -tampagirlcmb

tampagirlcmb
09-13-2005, 01:42 PM
Disregard the stuff about moving this thread. It's just going way too good to move! Why don't we just stay here and start challenges and exchnging information from here?
I think everyone should start by telling WHAT WORKS FOR YOU? Whether it be calorie counting, working out, walking, atkins, certain foods, whatever....Please share. That way newbies, or girls who have hit a plateau will have some new ideas to use.

I will start by saying that my food journal is like a bible. I took a regular journal (with a fun cover) and I put everything in it....what I ate, recipes, excercises, information from websites. Whatever I find. And it's fun to go back through and look at. I calorie count. I try not to go above 1500 calories a day. I am in the "maintaining my weight" stage. I try to work out 3 times a week, but Ive decided my work out needs to change a little bit to keep things exciting.

Post away ladies!!! Good luck to everyone today. We will start challenges next week.

gingerjen
09-13-2005, 01:50 PM
Hello all,
I hope you don't mind if I join you. I am 24 and have 2 girls, 4 and 2. They keep me busy. I also work outside of the home. I am a nurse aid/med aid and currently work in a nursing home. I started this weightloss journey May 25th and have managed to lose 41 pounds so far. I am trying to be healthy about it but I just want all of this weight gone. I feel better about myself now than I have in almost 5 years. I will actually let my husband take pictures of me now. I was 140 when I graduated high school and that is my goal weight. Heres hoping we all make it.
Jen

ZacksMom
09-13-2005, 01:51 PM
hi im a young mom age 24 married to my highschool sweet heart we've been together for 10yrs and married 1yr this past aug. we have a lovely son who will be 8 months old on the 15th of september. i've found a diet that i can really stick to and that's the 3 hour diet....but it helps to have people to talk too.......

Marineswife85
09-13-2005, 02:26 PM
Im Heather, im 20 and I have a 10 month old baby boy named Jason Jr (Jay). Im a SAHM. I would love to join up with other SAHMs to loose weight. Im currently 203 with a goal weight of 165! Really not happy with my weight and need support. My husband just says "Your fine the way you are" and all my friends that are skinny say "Oh your not fat blah blah blah" and I just wanna smack em! LOL. My best weight was 140, but im not gonna have that as my goal yet. Id be happy with 165, which is a weight were im not fat, but not skinny. I think its more realistic. ANyway, im blabbering lol

tampagirlcmb
09-13-2005, 03:25 PM
Welcome Gingerjen- congratulations so far on the weightloss. Its just going to keep coming off!!! Please share with what has worked for you so far. What changes have you made, what do you not eat anymore, what are your weaknesses? We all want to help you! Good luck girl! HAVE YOU made mini goals for yourself? loosinbabyfat has an excercise goal for the month of september and she's kickin butt.

tampagirlcmb
09-13-2005, 03:28 PM
Hey zacksmom- Again welcome to the thread!!! Curious as to what the 3 hour diet is? Do you eat mini meals every 3 hrs? I'm sure that would work, but I love to sit down and enjoy 3 COURSE meals!!! I know, I'm bad. Portion control is my new best friend and I count calories like crazy. Let us know how we can help.

ajkulig
09-13-2005, 04:21 PM
Whoa that 3 hour diet thing sounds cool however my schedule would never allow it. :lol: I have gotten better with portion control though I try and make myself have small snacks in the morning and afternoon of fruit or veggies because I am veggie challanged and need to get my 5 a day in and also it helps me eat less at meals so thats great ^__^ I do A LOT of calorie counting. I walk almost every day and I am starting to jog every other day and add strength training to my work out routine. Also I gave up regular soda and switched to diet. I used to drink way to much and now I eat less and it's slightly better for me.

gingerjen
09-13-2005, 05:21 PM
Tampagirl,
When I started I completely gave up pop of all kinds, drank tons of water and started counting calories. I kept it at the low end 1200 a day. I realize that is rather low but I had to see a loss to start or I would have given up like I had so many times in the past. The first week I lost 5 pounds, mostly water weight but still a loss so I was happy. The first week and half I just cut my calories. Then I started doing an eight minute taebo workout. I then moved up to a 30 minute workout. I decided I didn't want to spend the rest of my life counting calories, many people stay trim without it, so now I watch what I eat and keep an idea of how many I have eaten in my mind. I do taebo everyday, between 30 and 60 minutes, depending on what else I do. I also do pilates and a ball strenght training workout. I just started doing the taebo boot camp with the resistance bands and that is a major workout, hard but great. As far as what I eat I limit the unhealthy stuff, eat lots of fruits and veggies, cottage cheese, and lean meat, yes I do give in, I had m&ms this morning with my kids. My husband and I are always on the go so Burger King and the like are not forbidden, just limited. I even treat myself to ice cream ocasionally, especailly with as hot as it has been. The key for me is moderation. I even drink pop occasionally now as a treat. Always diet and caffine free of course. I'm not perfect though, actually the last two weeks really sucked for me. I was a week and half late with my period, panicked, and didn't work out, or eat right, but the good news I didn't gain, no loss but no gain either. I just learned I can't let things like that scare me and to pick up were I got lost. I just hope to keep trecking on and I will be down to 140 by my 25th birthday in Feb. Good luck to everyone and I am looking forward to hearing what is working for everyone else. Sorry this is so long.
Jen

ZacksMom
09-13-2005, 05:27 PM
i pretty much eat every 3 hours, and it's easy to get used to it since i'm a stay at home mom, and it's all about portion control and getting a balance of protein, veggies/fruits carbs and lil fat, it's a great diet and i gave up soda if i have soda its on a rare occasion and it's usually diet 7 up no calories at all. but i mostly stick to water and if i have my decaf coffee with splenda i add 2 more 8 oz's of water to my alread 8 8 oz's of water every day.

and i walk 2X aday and i live in woonsocket RI ( mainly known for all it's hills) i'm looking into getting an exercise machine incase i don't feel like going out or if the weather is bad.

mama2aredhead
09-13-2005, 11:21 PM
I'm just counting calories and walking.. :)

welcome everyone!

ZacksMom
09-14-2005, 03:30 PM
how's everyone doing, something new i did today was put my scale infront of the fridge and i hop on everytime i get the urge to go inthere. also i have a picture of a rhino with it saying in a bubble (think do you really want to go in there)

it's just the little things that help me along......

mama2aredhead
09-14-2005, 03:45 PM
oh Shanna.. can you send me that pic to my email??

mommy2aredhead@comcast.net

I walked 1.6 miles today.. I'm pooped, I cant believe how tired I em....... oh well the girls had a good time :)

tampagirlcmb
09-14-2005, 04:34 PM
Happy Wednesday Ladies! zacksmom-what a good idea with the scale in front of the fridge. I should try that one! I spend so much of my time in the kitchen these days, sometimes I feel like the fridge is pulling me towards it. I don't keep anything terrible in the house, but it takes everything in me to not bust out the flour and sugar and bake cookies, thats how bad I want sweets sometimes. Does anyone else have sugar cravings like mad? and how do you deaL? Have a great daayyayayy.

ZacksMom
09-14-2005, 04:41 PM
i try not to deprive myself so i allow myself a 30-50 calorie treat either after my lunch or 3 hours before my bedtime.

jorge cruise says you do more harm than good if you deprive yourself.

but i still get cravings and the picture on the fridge and the scale help me out alot.

ajkulig
09-14-2005, 04:59 PM
And here I was thinking that I was the only one who did silly little things like that. I have a picture of a tiny pink bikini taped to my fridge and every time I think about snacking on some thing I shouldn't I just think that's one step closer to never wearing a bikini again. lol and my dh left his bag of cheetos that he got yesterday here (we have an agreement that they do not live in this house) and when he came home for lunch he asked me why there was a post it saying "Cheetos are bad BAD" on his chips hehe.

Angela

ZacksMom
09-14-2005, 05:07 PM
lol that's a good one, hubby buys things like that and i tell him thats fine but leave them at the office, thank god he doesn't have a weight problem he could do exercise more but that's about it.

loosinbabyfat
09-14-2005, 05:24 PM
Lol! "Cheetos are bad bad!" *giggle* I try to send that kind of stuff w/ hubby to work so it'sn ot in the house.

I don't deprive myself of goodies everyday, but most of the time I just don't want them lately.

I did 60 mins of ashtanga yoga today! What a workout.... I had to skip some of the moves becaue I'm just not strong enough.

Shamernadi
09-14-2005, 05:59 PM
I've did really good today. I've been cleaning all day so getting my water in hasn't been hard. I also had a great breakfast which was on 7 points and filled me up. The thing I'm trying to teach myself right now is I don't need to eat until I'm hungry. I'm very much a boredom eatter. I eat just because it's there. Most of the stuff in the house right now is good food. My husband's maintaining his weight loss right now, so it's not hard and I'm not all that tempted. My parent's are coming to stay with us for 3 days though and I know it will be hard because we normally go out to eat or they will take us to the grocery to help us out, so I know the next few days will be hard.

happydaisy
09-14-2005, 06:00 PM
I'm just doing the calorie counting thing. I also joined a gym, so when I weigh in on Tuesday, we'll see how it's going! Loosinbabyfat - where do you do the yoga? Do you go to a class, or did you find a good DVD? I'm a single mom and a nurse, so on the days I work my 12 hour shifts, I have to work out at home and am hunting for some good DVD's for those days, as well as days when the daycare at my gym isn't open. Thanks, and thanks for starting this thread you guys! :D

Shamernadi
09-14-2005, 06:08 PM
I'm curious has anyone tried any of the hip hop aerobics DVDs out there?

loosinbabyfat
09-14-2005, 07:07 PM
Happydaisy,

I do yoga here and it's self-led taken from a website. If you want it I can give it to you, but have to warn you it's w/ adobe and takes a bit to load. It's a whole book, but I Just printed out pages 68-76. Some of it I can't do because I don't have the strength yet. But I really enjoy it :)

A good video is Denise Austin's Power Yoga. I can't remember the name of it right now, but it's REALLY good. I memorized parts of it that incorperate into my yoga routine. :)

gingerjen
09-14-2005, 07:20 PM
Hello ladies,
Along the line of the bikini on the fridge, I have a picture of myself taken about 6 years ago when I looked my greatest. It helps, I know I will never look like that again if I give in. Although the last couple of days I haven't gotten much of a workout I have a sick kid and I have spent the most part of the last 3 days holding her. Maybe I will be able to sneak a little in this evening after my husband comes home.
Have a good day all.
Jen

mama2aredhead
09-14-2005, 11:34 PM
man this is a true test..

I'm so stressed out right now by my 2 kiddos.. I just want to open the fridge and pig out!

happydaisy
09-15-2005, 12:18 AM
Mama2aredhead - I hate to ask, but what are theydoing. :lol: My own little "angel" has been a bit of a handful tonight. He's sick, so I have to give him a break, but still.... :devil:

happydaisy
09-15-2005, 12:19 AM
Becca - Thanks, I'd love the website! I'll check out that Denise Austin DVD too. I have her kickboxing one and I enjoy it.

mama2aredhead
09-15-2005, 09:09 AM
Debbie is teething, so she is just being awful..

Kaytie is really tired and will not go to sleep.. everytime I put her down she was crying....

Just one of those days I guess....

mama2aredhead
09-15-2005, 09:10 AM
What is everyones goal today???

I have to tried hard and not eat crap. To day is DH's birthday.. I'm going to try and get him to go ou and walk with me..

Then he wants to go out to dinner :dizzy:

oh and get 1 gallon of water in today!

ajkulig
09-15-2005, 11:51 AM
Well lets see goals for today....

Foodwise- I don't want to eat any more bread (I tell you bread will be my downfall!) Drink atleast 8 cups of water.

Work out wise- I want to take my daughter in her stroller outdoors for an hour walk outside. Then in the evening I want to hit the gym for 2 hours or so for a complete work out. I need to incorporate more strength training into my excerise routine. Oh yeah and mop the floors. Hey you beurn calories mopping too! :D

Ugh I feel so bad about yesterday. I did great Calorie wise but I ate my last meal very late because I worked durring dinner time. *sigh* so far doing better today.

Angela

tampagirlcmb
09-15-2005, 02:08 PM
Goodmorning ladies!!! I'm in an emotional rut...I think I may be one of the only single moms posting, but I'm going out of town this weekend (I leave in the a.m.) and my son is going to his father's house to stay. His dad "tries" to be a father, but in my opinion isnt around enough and doesnt help me monetarily enough, but needless to say, he's Gavin's father and it makes my son happy to be with him, so he's going. I'm sad. I miss him already, I've cried twice already today and I get choked up just mentioning it. I hate to think something bad may happen to him while I'm gone. I would just die. Being the fabulous moms you all are, I'm sure youve stared at your children while they are sleeping and just thought they are the most gorgeous things youve ever laid your eyes on....I just have enormous amounts of love for my child, and it grows everyday. I hope I make it through the weekend. Maybe a whole cheesecake would make me feel better! NOT. I will post Monday. Have a great weekend everyone.

KamsMoMa
09-15-2005, 06:43 PM
Hey ladies. Im just checking in, so far i've been sticking to my little plan. I've been working out since Sunday..Im so soreeee :(..So how's everyone else holding up ?? I hope you girls are sticking to your workout plans :)

LoveMyBoys
09-16-2005, 08:32 PM
Hi!! I would love to join this thread! My name is Pam, I am 28 and have two boys, Tiernan is 6 and Aidan is 20 months old. I have been married to my husband for 7 years and we currently live in Syracuse, NY. We moved here 2 years ago from California.
I currently weigh 198 pounds and I would love to lose at least 50 pounds. Before I had my younger son, I weighed 236 pounds, I joined Weight Watchers and lost 72 pounds (I got down to 164), then I got pregnant. I gained most of it back, lost 45 after I had him, and since have gained back about 20. It is very depressing. I have started doing weight watchers again on my own this week. I am really serious and motivated. I know that I can do it because I have done it before. I would love to meet other moms to help encourage eachother and help us stay on track :). Maybe we could have a weekly "weigh-in"??
Talk to you soon :)! -Pam

ajkulig
09-17-2005, 11:54 AM
Hi Pam! I'm Angela 21 (2 weeks till Im 22!) I have a 10 week old named Clover- anyway I weigh in On Sunday's and I am not particularly looking forward to it this time around. I didn't really fail in my diet but I didn't get in enough physical activity in- however I did start work again so that means hours of not being able to sit down and running all over the place.

Angela

mama2aredhead
09-17-2005, 01:30 PM
woohoo lost 2 lbs :)

just 2 lbs but damn it feels good to say I lost it.

ajkulig
09-18-2005, 02:23 PM
Well sadly this weigh in I weighed exactly the same as last week- but atleast my bad habbits didn't let me gain any more!

Oh well it's a new week and I am more determined than ever! :D I also had this little idea to make myself work out. I love Soda, recently I switched to all diet but I still drink a lot of it (less than I used to though!) so I told myself I have to drihnk nothing but water until I have worked out 3 days in a row as last week I lost it about mid week and did nothing (except work) .

Angela

tampagirlcmb
09-19-2005, 03:29 PM
Hey girlies!
Pam-Welcome to the thread! Love your boys names....my son is 4 his name is gavin and he is the coolest thing ever! I'm sure you feel the same about yours! You definately sound like youre ready for some more weight loss...motivation is the key. I spend a lot of time without any! But I keep on pushing just to maintain my weight and get myself moving.
How did everyone do this weekend? Should we do some challenges? Does anyone have any ideas? I have my own goals I write out each week in my food journal...But I think we need to start doing some things together. Everyone pitch in some ideas and maybe we can get something going for next week. I'm thinking a veggie challenge is much needed since some days its hard to get them in. They are so low in calories though, we should eat tons each day. TAlk to me People!~!!!

happydaisy
09-19-2005, 04:13 PM
tampagirl - I'm a single mom too! I'm glad you're here, i was thinking I was the only one in the group. My son's father isn't involved at all and hasn't been since Caleb was 6months old (that's when we divorced.) Caleb is just now at the age where not having a Dad is really hard for him. Not quite sure how to deal with that yet.

I think a challenge would be great! Maybe one for the holidays?

LoveMyBoys
09-20-2005, 10:38 AM
I'm up for a challenge!! I need something to keep me motivated! :) -Pam

tampagirlcmb
09-20-2005, 10:38 AM
happydaisy- hey girl, I love the name caleb. my friend just named her son that. how old is he? my son's father hasnt been involved and now is trying to be a "daddy". I know what you mean about NOW being a time when daddies are important. My son talks about his daddy all the time, and when his father is busy making excuses on why he can't see him, I have to sugar it over and break my son's heart once in awhile. Its not a good situation to put a child in, but then again, what do you do?

Good luck on your goal girl- I lost 29 pounds and finally got to 125...you can do it. it will be worth it for your son- I can still hardly keep up with mine! go figure...and they just get so heavy to lug around!!! (but when youre doin it, youre burnin the calories!!!)
If you want to vent about anything 'single mom related' drop me a private email...i feel your pain!

hey to all the other ladies- wish me luck, my father is cooking for me tonight, and he always makes me go up[ for seconds, i have no willpower around him, and he cooks wonderfully! have a great day

tampagirlcmb
09-21-2005, 10:04 AM
Hey girls -sending out a hello for wednesday. dont know if anyone else is posting anymore....I hope to get in a good workout and eat tons of good for me foods today. I really need to start taking a multivitamin regularly. I take one once in awhile and i realize, from watching my fitday, that I'm not getting what I need in the full amount, no matter what I eat.. I would have to double my calorie intake of good food if I wanted to come close. Going to the store today. -have a good day.

happydaisy
09-21-2005, 09:52 PM
Thanks tampagirl, and feel free to pm me to if you are ever overwhelmed or feeling bummed. I got a note home from school today. My son said "don't read the bad note in my bag." :lol: He hasn't learned the art of being sneaky, thank goodness. Evidently he decided to leave class to go splash water in the bathroom. Then while I was cleaning the living room he glued coins to my bed (the iron frame part of it). I had to laugh, but I made sure I had left the room before I did. ;) It helps that he is such a geniunely sweet and smart kid, he's just into everything.

I think my goals for this week will be just to get some form of activity in each day and eat 5 fruits and veggies. I tried this week to get right back to where I was when I last left off (eating an almost entirely vegetarian and very healthy diet, and working out a lot.) But it was a lot to take on, so I'm going to try to step back into it a little more slowly. I started off today by going to the farmers market and the grocery store and stocking up on a lot of fruits, veggies and other healthy food. Next week I'd like to step it up. I so want to get back into running and do a marathon. Good luck this week girls!! Anyone had any ideas for a challenge yet?

tampagirlcmb
09-22-2005, 10:49 AM
I think we are the only two left posting here Happy-
Your son sounds like a handful!!! You gotta love those boys! Mine is such a character too. I did leave him crying for me at preschool this morning and it was hard, but I can't sit around there and console him for an hour like I would like to...I have to work. I can't wait until he understands that the things he has is because I go to work and make money. It's hard to exlplain to a child why you have to be gone so much.

I don't know about the challenge yet. I have to think of something...should it be a weight loss challenge? I need to drop 5 pounds before the holidays, since I know it will come right back on when I go party with the 'Fam'.

I have trouble on the weekends. I always go to dinner friday nights and end up gaining back all I've lost during the week. I really need to make better choices. I hope I do tomorrow!

Have a good day! And good luck with your boy. Be thankful he's still young enough to be honest with you.....the harder years are a comin'

happydaisy
09-26-2005, 05:17 PM
I think you're right tampa, I guess we're all that's left. That sucks. :( I'm right there with you on the weekend thing. It's my biggest trouble spot. What are some of your favorite boards here to check out, since our little group disbanded? :)

tampagirlcmb
09-27-2005, 11:55 AM
happy daisy- How did the weekend go for you? I was surprisingly guilt free this weekend, maybe just drank a couple too many glasses of wine, but foodwise, I stopped eating when I was full and didnt go too much over my calories except for sunday when we went to lunch me and the boy...so I clocked in at 1900 calories for that day. I made a huge pot of minestrone soup on saturday so I will have my veggies taken care of for the week! I even had enough to freeze a bunch of it. Have you weighed in at all and seen how you are progressing? What do you do to work out?
I do the journal entries on this site and I scope out the forum. I love looking for new recipes and nutrition info. What are the plans for todaY? what is your menu like and what are you having the most problem giving up? I love sweets, it is my downfall. I dont eat as much as I used to, but I do love something sweet after my meals, I just eat a small bite of something and put it away, i'm usually satisfied and now everything tastes so rich to me. I can't eat the whole thing usually! Anyways, I will get back to my work here!!!( i hardly do a thing!) have a good day.

bunaybunnie
09-30-2005, 07:04 PM
hey everyone, I am yvonne, I am 21 and have 2 boys, Elijah is 21/2 and isaiah just turned one. I have been married for 3 years, my husband acctually told me i look like i have gained a lot of weight, i know its true, but it hurt when he said it. then i was so depressed i came home and ate cookies. what can i do. i need to lose 18 pounds before our anniversary december 28. i need a buddy please thanx everyone