Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 10:13 PM   #1  

Default Question About Soda

I recently moved to North Carolina from Maine and I've been searching for a certain brand of soda called, "Waist Watchers". It's made with splenda and is really, really good. Only... I can't find it anywhere! No one down here has ever head of it. Do you suppose it could be a northern drink only?
Old 09-08-2005, 03:28 PM   #2  
it's always something

I've lived in east Tenn all of my life, and I've never heard of Waist Watchers. It probably is a northern thing

Though we Southerners do have our fair share of yummy specialties, none of which are made with Splenda
Old 09-08-2005, 05:06 PM   #3  
Uber-Moderator!!

My dad was in the soda pop biz for 40 years or so, so I think I'm qualified to respond.

This sounds like a regional brand - there are a lot of regional soda pops (and other beverages) out there. Once in awhile you MIGHT find them elsewhere (like in a gourmet/unusual foods store or website) but mostly they are just distributed in that particular region.

Examples of regional beverages include Moxie, Birch Beer, Henry Weinhard, Dr. Brown's, Nehi, etc.

(BTW I can say through personal experience that Moxie is definitely an ACQUIRED taste - I sampled it once when Dad brought home a few bottles from a business convention and ewwwwwwwwwwww...)

As it turns out, I did a bit of research and found the website for Adirondack Beverages, the manufacturer/distributor of Waist Watchers. It's primarily distributed in the northeast US - Adirondack is located in NY.

HOWEVER - you're in LUCK, because the ONE place that sells Waist Watchers outside of their regular area is - surprise! - located in North Carolina, according to their website:

HUCKLEBERRY FARM
2550 Hwy. 221 N. Business Marion, NC 28752
828-652-8857

Waist Watcher Beverages
12 Ounce Cans
Ginger Ale
Orange
Citrus Frost
Black Cherry
Raspberry Ginger Ale
Grape
Lemon Up
Caffeine Free Cola

Hopefully Marion isn't all that far from you!
Old 09-08-2005, 06:26 PM   #4  

Hurrah!! Actually, I have a step-sister who lives IN Marion!<br>

Thank you so much for your help!
Old 09-08-2005, 07:20 PM   #5  
Working My Way Back Down

When I was a kid growing up in the BOston area, my folks would get Moxie. Ewwww indeed! Tasted like medicine to me.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:16 AM   #6  
it's always something

Have you ever heard of Jones Soda? They are the ones that make the weird flavors like green bean casserole soda, mashed potato, or turkey and gravy, lol.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:27 PM   #7  

I havent and sounds like a good thing...mashed potato soda..YECK!
Old 09-12-2005, 01:43 PM   #8  

Ooh! I've had Jones Soda before. It is really, really good. Though, I'm talking about the non-gross flavours here. They've have Blue Bubble Gum, Berrie Lemonaid, Green Apple, Fufu Berry (<-- my personal favorite), Strawberry Lime... They also carry some no/low calorie options

Sugar-Free Cream Soda, Watermelon Soda, Sugar-Free Black Cherry (the only sugar-free Jones Soday that I've personally tried. Really tasty.) Sugar-Free Pink Grape Fruit, and loads of others.

Jones Soda comes in some of the most intersting bottles I've ever saw. You can actually submit a photo that you've taken and have a chance for it to appear on the bottles. Wicked, cool.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:38 PM   #9  
Southern Gem

Royal Crown, baby!
Closed Thread