Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chit Chat #143

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chit Chat #143

Marti
09-06-2005, 03:31 PM
WELCOME to the Jaded Ladies site!

We're a friendly group that provides support in our weight loss journey, and we also share the ups and downs of our daily lives. Please feel free to join us!

Marti
09-06-2005, 03:38 PM
Hello Ladies!!

What a weekend! I got to see James for the whole thing! And he goes to work by 5:30 tonight which is good also since I leave by 5:00! Wish it would stay like this!

I believe I pulled a muscle in my back cleaning out my sheds. I hurt so much!! And I have to go to work and sit in uncomfortable chairs. :(

Ok....this one is short. I need to go back and review the other thread so I can do individuals! sorry I haven't done them.

But I will! Chat w/you all later!

Marti
09-06-2005, 05:49 PM
Hi again gals!!

I just got off the phone w/Jhanai and she was telling me all about her first day in Middle School. She loves it! And I knew she would. She had fun and is looking forward to going back tomorrow. So happy to hear that. Sometimes kids have a bad first day back.

ok, time for some individuals:

Judy--Have a safe trip to Nova Scotia and check in when ever you get some time. Hugs to your mother! I think it's wonderful that you'll be there for her!

Andrea--Another Gazelle owner!! We should start a gazelle challenge here! :lol: That's if only I got on mine more! :dizzy: I can understand your husband being hestitant to changing programs to lose weight. If his blood sugar is in the normal range now, it's probably a good idea to stick w/what you two are doing to make it work. And I think it's wonderful that the two of you are doing it together. Always nice to have a someone right there for support whose doing the same thing.

Jane--Nope, it was me who posted pictures of the Enchanted forrest. :D It really is a fun place for little kids.....and the big kids too! Here is a link to the place in case any of you are curious as to what this place is like. http://www.enchantedforest.com/
I have to say, Taco's sound good!! Last night I made Hodge Podge soup. SOOO good. It's like a comfort food. Warms you right up. (not that it's cold here)

Beth--I've never had Pheasant. I see a lot of them in the country here though. But I don't ever hear of Pheasant hunting. I also never hear of Dove hunting....but that may be because we don't have any around! Sorry to hear that DD is feeling homesick. I remember being miles away when I first moved out of my house....I missed my siblings the most! Now a days, we try to do the most we can w/our crazy schedules...which isn't much. I have one sister who is in Florida, I haven't seen her in years, and I miss her and her family very much. Wish they would move closer to the West Coast.

Katy--Glad you had fun w/the kids. Jhanai loves all the things there except the haunted house. This coming from a girl whose favorite holiday is Halloween! She went in once and that was it. I had forgotten that the State Fair was going on. I had gone to it once. Way back in highschool w/my best friend and boyfriend at the time (his name was James too) we had fun. Maybe next year I'll go.

Sue--The festival/flea market sounds like it was so much fun! I would love to stroll through something like that! And now that you've mentioned Chicken Fajitas...I just may have to make some this weekend. How did the family reunion go? My family hasn't had a reunion in years! We are all so spread apart all over the states that it would be hard. But it sure would be fun to do that one more time!

Cristi--Let V play hooky and go to the fair!! :D I didn't go to either of the fairs we had going. Just to little town festivals which are just as fun. I'm so happy that you and V are getting into the walking together! I would love to have James go on walks w/me. But it's hard to get to do anything lately. I am very grateful that his schedule for this weekend kept him close to home. It goes back to the way it was on Thursday. Then in a week or so he's off to Utah for a couple of weeks.

Katie--Congratulations on the weightloss!! Hurray for you and Tim!! That is just absolutely wonderful!! I bet you two are feeling more energetic too. Which gets me thinking that if I want more energy I need to move more! I feel as though I'm in a slump. But I will pull out of it soon.....I'm sure of it!

Angie--You must be in Disney Land by now! How I envy you!! Hope your foot doesn't give you too much trouble as you're walking around. Tell us all about it when you get back!

Susan-Ellen-Mindee-Pam-Dee-Kathy-Karla-Terri--and whoever else I may have missed, come back and tell us how you're doing!!

Ok....My muscles in my back are aching and a shower sounds so good right now. So I suppose I'll stop yappin for now and talk to all you gals tomorrow!

Hugs to all!

tommysgirl18
09-06-2005, 09:08 PM
Jane~ Nope, the dog wasn’t in the bathroom. He was right outside the trailer door. (right now we are living in my parents travel trailer.) He tried to come into the bathroom with me. (we use a port-a-potty) We are not sure how he got to the house. We are thinking that someone was driving by and he either jumped out, or they opened the door on him. He has a brand new flea collar on and a choker collar. Brandon loves Harley. The only thing though is that we can’t have pets in the apartment.

Cristi~ Gas hit $3.39 or $3.49 here….but it is back down to under $3.00 now. We are hoping to hear about the apartment this week! It means another move at 8 months pregnant, but hey it is worth it to have our own place to bring little boy home to!

Katiecat~ Nope, unfortunately he will have to stay here with my parents. But my niece said that when they get a house, she wants to get a doggie just like him, so he will hopefully go and live with them. Thanks for the good luck!

Andrea~ Welcome to the group!!!

suetalks
09-07-2005, 12:55 AM
Hello. The family reunion was great and as usual I ate too much. I just had to have a piece of fried chicken since I hadn't had one for months and months. It was worth it!!
Back to walking and moving more...

We put our house up for sale and have already had a "looker." Maybe that is a good omen. If it doesn't sell quickly we will wait till Spring and put it up again.

My daughter got engaged over the week-end and they are planning a March wedding. Talked to her for over an hour tonight...she is happy and talkative. (we are always yakkers when we can though.) My prediction of 2 weddings in 2006 was right on.

Step-son is coming home from CA next week for 2 weeks, so I will have a family dinner one day. He hasn't been home in quite awhile. We do see him when we are out West though. (along with DS..they live together in San Diego.)

Chicken fajitas were also great Marti...yum!

Have a happy HUMP day JL's.

Jane
09-07-2005, 10:34 AM
Happy Hump Day :D

Andrea - yep, it's lot easier to stay OP when our DHs are doing it, too. Neal and Katie are doing WW by default, lol. Would you want to PM me your home addy? Sometimes we send cards, etc, and I'd like to have yours.

NOTE TO ANY OTHER NEW JADED LADIES: I'd love to have your home addresses, if you'd like to share it, just PM me, ok?

Judy - so sorry to hear about your mamas cancer. But it's wonderful that you'll be able to take care of her. Just check in whenever you can, ok? We'll be thinking of you, and we'll be here if you need some shoulders. (((HUGS)))

Marti - yay for all that time with James this past weekend. And so glad to hear Jhanai had a good first day at middle school. How does she like changing rooms for each class? My kids were afraid of it ahead of time, but then they all thought it was cool to leave and go to a different classroom.

Mindee - any news this week about the apartment? Hope you guys get into one soon. I'm going to have to move twice in the next 6 months or so. I'll give prayers of thanks that, at my age, I'm not going to be 8 mos. pregnant at the time, lol. It's such a blessing that YOU are, though! Can't wait to see the little guy's photo. Won't be long now....

Sue - congrats to your new SIL, and best wishes to your DD. Two weddings in one year! How fun! My son is getting married July 8th, so I've got that one to look forward to.

Well, we got a 2nd opinion on the house yesterday and to make a long story short, the guy actually said that jacking up our house would be like jacking up a car with a glass bumper, and that we can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Neal was really sad about it, and I know he was hoping for good news.

In the meantime, I've been on the phone, calling parishioners to see if they'll get their picture taken for our pictorial directory. There are 432 families, and only 116 had signed up. I made 45 calls yesterday alone, and will be calling people today, tomorrow and Friday, too.

What are your plans for the day? Whatever they are, I hope you have a good one. :)

Mom2Gaby
09-07-2005, 11:55 AM
Good Morning!!!

Wanted to make a point and say hello to you all. I start my 4th day at my new job and it seems to be getting easier. I worked one day over the 3 day holiday to catch up. Have my daughters pictures up and Napoleon Dynamite stickers on my bulletin board. I think he is so funny.
Of course with my bad taste in men , I think he is rather cute. Reminds me of a young Mike :fr:
Kids start their first day at school this morning. Gaby starts her first day at preschool on Friday.
I slept for the first time all night last night. I had been waking up at 2am and tossing and turning. So, it feels good to get some rest.
Weighed in at 151.

I know this is short but I better get!!!!!!! The company I work for is hoping to make available 600 units to the Katrina survivors that are coming into Portland, so busy - busy here!!

Catch you all later :)

rebelridergirl
09-07-2005, 12:41 PM
Good morning everyone!

Sorry this is so short, but I just wanted to quickly say hello.

Marti- Hope your back gets to feeling better! Yeah, I really enjoy my Gazelle, but I wonder how many calories it burns? :?: I have a personal CD player and a little holder that buckles around the waist (sorta like a fanny pack) and I really get to moving!! LOL. Listening to music makes the time go so fast. :lol:

Jane- It really is GREAT when everyone in the house is doing the same, or very close. Before I would tend to use Dh as an excuse why I couldnt stick to it. It was hard though when he wanted junk and I was trying to be good.

Susan, Sue, Mindee and everyone else- Hello! Its so nice to meet you! :)

Have a great day everyone!

FrouFrou
09-07-2005, 01:21 PM
Good morning ladies & Happy Wednesday! :flow2:

Glad to see the gas prices going down. I figured they just upped the price for the holiday but it is still high. Filled up my tank this morning and it was $40! :yikes: For just 13 gallons! Anyway...getting those walks in. Today is an unstructered day and just need to get 6000 steps in. I am happy to say between the walk at the park,wal-mart, the gas station and getting home and putting the groceries up I am up to 6090 steps. Even tho I have the recommended steps in I am keeping the pedometer on the whole day. Monday I got over 10,000 steps walking my 2-miles and just in working in the yard. Feels pretty good. Now tomorrow I am supposed to do a 3-mile walk and I think that may do me in! :lol: I've also been getting my vitamins taken and getting some water down, 2-4 bottles. I am aiming for the 4 but am happy to get 2. Have even been eating less. But...I think I may join WW. Just feel like I need that extra support and someone to answer to. The good thing is I could walk to the meetings, weather permitting of course. Anyway, not sure about it yet.

Marti~so happy that you and James got to spend the weekend together. And that Jhanai liked her first day of Middle school. I know the kids when they went really liked changing classes, made the day go by faster. Hope your back is feeling better.

Mindee~hope you guys hear something soon about the apartment. The baby will be here before you know it.

Susan~bet things are a little crazy with trying to get 600 units available. That's a wonderful thing though. I know we are supposed to get about 1800 people here and they are setting them up in the Coliseum to get them checked out, let them shower, eat and just relax before moving them to another place. Once there they are going to help them figure out what they want to do and what they can do for them. Speaking of Napoleon Dynamite...I just watched that movie twice last week-so funny! Kind of a dry humor, but funny. He isn't so bad looking either. ;) He's going to be in a movie with Reese Witherspoon, Just Like Heaven-he looks different there and very cute! Also, want to see Flightplan with Jodie Foster when it comes out. Hope the girls have a fun first day of school.

Sue~CONGRATULATIONS on the two weddings! I LOVE weddings!

Andrea~I have one of those fanny pack looking things also! :lol: They look quite funny and I don't wear it outdoors but on the treadmill or stationary bike-I am listening to it. Still trying to find some good songs to keep me going. I too am a fan of Avril Lavigne! I just noticed that you are in KS-so am I, the Wichita area.

Jane~so I guess this means you guys are going with plan B? Well, at least you will have a brand new house that will last for years to come, hopefully one that will be in the family as long as this one has.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

I am needing to get in the shower. Vince and I are going out to dinner when he gets home and to Sams since we didn't make it there last week after all. And I need to get to the bank and get a photo put on my debit card. I cut it up but had to go get one yesterday. Of course it was after my walk and I wasn't getting a picture then. Then off to hallmark to get some cards and a few candles. I have discovered a new scent-raspberry cream. Oh my goodness!!! Boy does that smell heavenly! Of course with them coming out with all the fall scents no one has the Wedding Day scent so I will have to order those online. Anyway, that's about all I have for now.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day! :flow1:

Mom2Gaby
09-07-2005, 01:55 PM
Dang! I meant to call the girls before they went to school - poor kids. Too much gazing at Napoleon.
He is kind of cute , isn't he Cristi?

*sigh*

distracted today.

Hi Andrea :) Welcome and all that :)

da fat n da furious
09-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Wow I caught up!

Hi Ladies, I am back!!! Mickey says hi.

Jane, I am so sorry to hear about the house. I can just imagine the heart ache of having to bring the house down.

Cristi, great idea with the drapes. I don't have any heavy drapes in this house but did in our old house and the dry cleaner used to just smile when he saw me coming.

Andrea, welcome to our group. I like Avril too,

Susan good to hear your enjoying your new job! Loved the note you gave your old boss,,,laughed.

Hello to everyone else,
gotta make this short,,,heading off to work.
Gas prices have hit $1.14 a litre which if you do the math its like 4.30 a gallon And from what Ive heard we are the lowest in the country. Down east its 1.49 which would make it over 5 dollers Yikes!
The holiday was fantastic! I wish I was still there. We rented a house which was nicer then ours...lol At least the bed was,,,Monte and I are talking of buying a new matress after sleeping in ours the last couple of days,,,ouch!
The weather was hot with a light breeze,,,perfect. Disneyland for 3 days was hate to say this a bit much,,,next time with be 2 days. Universal Studios was fun as usual. And the SHOPPING! I had to buy 3 suitcases to come home with all our treasures...lol Found an outlet store in Commerce City,,Citedel. Etnies / Vans/ DC/ eS shoes are really expensive here,,,around 80 on sale. We hit this sale there where we paid 2 for $30. And with Brandon's tiny size 13-14 super wide feet we stocked up. He was almost giddy ...lol

Im back at work,,,we are seriously shorted staffed,,,infact the whole city is shorted staffed,,,the oil market has boomed and so big paying jobs are available and well the other places are hurting for staff. Including our dept. Normally we have 22 ppl working,,, we are down to 13.
Well I should get going...glad to be back,,,missed you all.

FrouFrou
09-08-2005, 04:09 PM
Hi Ladies and a Happy Thursday to all!

Wow, kind of quiet around here today. Where is everyone? Heeeeeellooooo...anyone out there? LOL

Angie~good to see you back! I love Disneyland too but one day is good for me, lol. But then I have been there so many times I know exactly where I want to go and we usually got there early enough to ride all the rides we wanted without standingin the loooong lines. Glad you guys had a fabulous time! I must say, CA does have some good shooping and I see you guys found lots!

Susan~yeppers, Napoleon is a cutie! :love: That movie cracks me up too! VOTE for Pedro! :lol:

Nothing much going on with me today, same old, same old. Went for my daily walk this morning. I am so starting to enjoy getting up and out early in the morning. I dread getting out of bed but when I do and I get to the park and start walking I feel refreshed. V & I did make it to Sams yesterday and stocked up on the essentials after having an early dinner at Olive Garden and it was oh so good! Still not sure about going to the fair. I wish they would schedule it for October because it is always hot when we go. We don't go every year but have the last two so maybe we need a break from it this year. Anyway...

Hi to everyone wherever you are, whatever you're doing. Take care and hope you have agreat day! :wave:

Marti
09-08-2005, 05:46 PM
Hello Ladies--

The week is almost over! :D

What a day yesterday. I went w/James to Salem for his annual eye exam. After getting lazer surgery he has to get a exam to make sure they're ok. He still has 20/15 vision! Which is amazing considering they used to be something like something/2600. He literally couldn't see w/out his glasses. He probably has better eyesite than I do! In fact, I know he does. :D
I also believe James has a crush on his doctor!! :lol: She is this beautiful blonde who looks like a model and she always smells good. She's such a nice doctor too. So I tease him, and he plays along and says: "Did you see how she gazed into my eyes? I think she likes me" :lol: And then I commented on how good he smelled and he said "yeah, think she noticed too?" :lol3: My funny man. Just cracked me up!

Cristi--I think Jhanai is liking the change of going to a middle school. She likes having a different classroom for each subject. And she's just been talking alot about how she doesn't have to go to school until 9:30 everyday. Since when did they change the start of school to later in the morning???

Angie--Glad you had a great time in DL!! Boy, did you hit the jackpot w/getting in the shopping!! So what did ya get me?? ;) My mouth just about dropped when you mentioned how high your gas prices are! Holy Moly! Here in Oregon, at least in my next of the woods, it's $2.89 for regular. It was $3.10 for a little bit. Sure wish I could see .99 cents again!!

Andrea--I'm not sure how many calories the gazelle works off. Depends on how vigorous you workout I suppose. I watch my shows I record while I'm on it. Time goes by fast and I usually get in 30 to 45 mins. on it. I really need to get back on it soon. It's starting to cool off a bit so it will be more comfortable working out again.

Susan--What a great thing your company is doing for the survivors of Katrina. We've been told that we may see some stuff come in for people in the future, but we don't know for sure. I've also read in the paper that Oregon may not get as many people here. We'll just have to wait and see. With all the illnesses that may arrive w/the sewage, who knows what to expect.
I think Oregon is a wonderful place to come to and that all the JL's should move here...what do you think? :lol:

Jane--I'm sorry to hear that the 2nd opinion didn't go as well either. My heart goes out to you and Neil. Explain to me what you're talking about getting pictures for the directory...the phone directory? Or just the church directory? And out of the 45 calls you made......I didn't hear my phone ring once!! Did you forget? :lol:

Sue--I'm happy to hear that your reunion was a fun time! And the fried chicken....heck girl, if it's been months then you should be able to indulge. I don't eat much fried chicken either. I always bake mine when I make any. I think my family thinks we eat too much chicken at times......but darn it, I love chicken! (even if I did work at the chicken factory for three years!)

Mindee--I'm chiming in w/the others on asking about any news on the apartment. I hope you get it soon! I remember living in a travel trailer w/my ex. Oh....it was horrible. I lived in it for 7yrs. W/him always saying that we'll get an apartment soon. Never happened. And I had Jhanai while living there. Poor baby. So my fingers crossed that you get yours soon!

Hello to everyone else out there!

Made a doctors appt. today to talk about getting a prescription to help quit smoking. I see him on Monday. It's a new doctor since the one I had, had left to teach in Portland. Katy & Susan, ever heard of Dr Giddeonse? VERY nice doctor. Anyway, the insurance company will pay for what I'm asking for and so this is a HUGE step for me to get rid of the smoking all together. Until then, I've cut down big time. So proud of myself, although my hips & thighs are cheering too since they seem to be expanding along with my cutting down! :lol: Will work on that. I haven't weighed myself in weeks! Or months. Just look at the scale and snear at it......evil thing!

Ok...of to do something w/my hair.

take care & hugs to all!

tommysgirl18
09-08-2005, 09:04 PM
Sue~ That is awesome to hear about your daughter!

Jane~ I will PM you our new address when we get it! Tommy actually called earlier today but the lady had already left. So hopefully tomorrow, Friday, we can hear something! I will actually be about 9 months (going by the weeks) pregnant this move, but hey, as long as we get our own place. I will most definitely have to put a picture of Brandon and his little brother as my avi once he arrives and we can get on the computer more.

I have to admit that the pregnancy related clumsiness found me. This past Sunday me and Brandon fell. I scraped my right now badly, and Brandon got a bump on the back of his head. I also have a bruise on my belly because when I fell, Brandon broke my fall basically. We are both doing fine….just both battling colds now.

My next appointment is tomorrow afternoon, so we should be switching over to weekly appointments soon. I also had my first “real” BH contractions that I was able to feel on Monday night, and then I had some more last night. They came and went as soon as they started, so it is my body telling me that we are getting closer and closer!

Susan~ Good to hear that your work is getting easier and more comfortable for you!

Andrea~ How are you liking the boards so far?

Cristi~ I am hoping that we hear something soon about the apartment as well. I can’t believe I hit 34 weeks today!

Angie~ Good to see that you are back! I hope you had fun at Disney!

I have been doing a little bit of “therapy” to pass the time. Since moving in with my parents we have had some bouts and issues. So I have taken to writing a letter to her about what has been bugging me to get it off my chest. I had Tommy read what I had so far and he goes “you are going to wait until after we move before sending this right?” I said “yeah, if I do ever send it.”

Marti~ Thanks for your fingers crossed! I am hoping that since Tommy called the lady today that she will call us tomorrow!

gotta cut this short, Brandon needs some medicine and it is out in the trailer.

odbeth
09-08-2005, 11:24 PM
Hello gals!!!

Wanted to pop in before the busy weekend----

Mindee --- I held my breath reading your post about you falling!!! I am so glad you are okay!! Please be careful!! I know that was probably scary for you---Yea for your BH---you're getting closer. Is Brandon getting excited? I think venting on paper is one of the best ways in the world to get things off your chest--very smart!! ;)

Sue --Congrats on the engagements. I can't remember if your daughter lives close or not??? That will be such a special time for ya'll. And SS too? You're going to be busy! :dizzy:

Judy-- I'm so sorry for your mom's cancer---sending love and prayers your way. I hope regardless of the circumstances, this will be a very special time for ya'll to be together.

Marti---I can't believe Jhanai is in Jr High. I don't know why I thought she was about 8 or so....I bet she thinks JH is pretty cool. And they start at 9:30???I want to go to that school!! We start at 7:50 and get out at 3:45....very long day for the little ones.

Jane--- Will ya'll build on the same sight? It would still be neat to be on the land even though you can't be in the house. Are they going to remove the original house? Sometimes you can use some of the same wood or doors ect...from the old house to put in the new....Just a thought for saving some of the memories. I saw on Home makeovers (I just love that show) where they redid a house and they took alot of the layers of wall paper and made a really neat framed artwork for the mother.

Angie---Glad you're back safe and sound at home. Sounds like a great trip---especially the shopping-- That's one of my big rewards when I've reached my goal is to just go try on stuff until I drop....I dread going shopping now....looking through all those great big sizes just is soooo depressing.....

Susan--Tell me who this Napoleon Dynamite is....I think I want to take a look at him. Is he an actor or a singer???

Well, gotta get some laundry done before bedtime. I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday. Even though we were out of school Monday, it's been a trying week....I have one little boy that is so hyper---alot of people think he's ADD but I really think he needs to be on a more nutritious diet. He usually eats donuts, poptarts, cake and drinks Dr. P for breakfast. He is a twin plus there are 2 younger siblings in the family. I know the mom is pretty stressed so she probably just gives them what ever is fastest or handiest before getting them out the door for school....he's got the sweetest little heart but he just can't seem to control his antsiness (is that a word?). I've mentioned it to his mom, but she almost acts like she'd rather just give him some drugs to calm him down instead of taking the time to fix his diet and his routine....it's very frustrating :?: :?:

Hi to everyone else---have a great weekend!

Love to all~~

Jane
09-09-2005, 12:10 AM
Hi ladies,

Susan - let us know how Gaby does in preschool tomorrow. Our Makenzie and Madison began going, but Madi doesn't want to anymore. She just isn't ready, but Makenzie loves it.

Andrea - I've got a gazelle, too, and I know a person can really work up a sweat on it, if you do it long enough. How many calories you burn would depend on the rate of speed, the time, and how much you weigh, I think.

Cristi - wow, you're doing great with the walking! About the candles, I've been meaning to tell you, that my local Hallmark store doesn't sell the Wedding Day scent, and so far none of the stores I've checked with in Evansville do, either. I love Olive Garden, but haven't been there for eons. Katie's dbf took her Saturday, and she brought home a doggie box, and shared a breadstick with me. Yum.

Angie - we missed you, too!! So glad you had a great time. Your Brandon's feet are just the same as my son's. Huge! Yes, Neal is going to be upset when the house comes down. We're thinking early Spring.

Marti - she doesn't start class until 9:30??? What??? Things sure have changed since I was a kid, lol. Is she counting homeroom, or do they even have that anymore? Let us know how the doc's apt. goes. I bet you'll be able to do it with the prescription, Marti.

Mindee - good luck with the apartment, hon.

Beth - we plan to save the fireplace bricks to build a barbecue pit, and the fireplace mantel to use as a shelf, or two. Yep, we'll be building on the same site. With 58 acres, you'd think we could move it a little, lol, but we want to be here where the trees are.

Well, I ended up making 110 phone calls so far, for the church pictorial directory. Twenty families signed up. Marti, if I thought you'd come for it, I'd give you a buzz, lol. Might give you one soon, anyway. Usually by the time I think of it, you're either sleeping, or off to work.

Tomorrow I have an apt. at 2pm with a builder to see if we can replicate the first level of this home. We don't need (or want) two stories, but I presented the idea to Neal that maybe we could get the 1st floor build just the same, or with very few changes. It has 2 bedrooms, so it could work out. That cheered him up. So wish me well for the meeting tomorrow.

Have a good one!

da fat n da furious
09-09-2005, 01:48 AM
Jane what a great idea...how big is the bottom floor? Bedrooms nice size,,,closet space ok?
When Brandon went to preschool he was more then ready,,,Tanner was my velcro baby and couldn't be pulled out of my arms...poor kid cried so much.

Marti are you serious 9:30? Gawd Tanner is taking nurtional break at that time. He starts at 8:16 school ends at 3:08 weird times eh? I laughed about the eye Dr. I sued to say I was dating my eye Dr. He would ask me to try out new contacts so every second week I was going in to check out what ever one I was trying out. This went on for about 4 months. I was expecting a ring for christmas...lol
ya Marti oour gas prices are sick...grrr

Beth its so hard to be standing on the sidelines seeing whats going on and close to powerless to help. We had another JL who taught Kaycee who had problems with a hyperish lil boy,,,and a down right mean bully. It was hard reading what she was going through.

Cristi,,,I love Nepolian Dynamite. Bought Tanner 3 tees...one that says,,,*Do Chickens have Large Talons?* And another that says *back in 82 I could throw the pigskin a quarter mile* the other says *Flippen Sweet*
Tanner one time cranked called me...can you bring me some chapstick,,,me lips really hurt,,,remember that part? ya well he did that to me while I was at work. I was getting all ticked going,,No I can't,,,I later realized what he did,,,laughed.

did I mention Miss Skittles is sick? Kennel Cough...poor baby..been hard getting her to take her meds. crafty lil thing,,,didn't know she was able to spit the pill out from the side of her mouth...lol Shes doing well now...but we did have a sleepless night,,with her sounding like she had croup. Gawd i swear its like having a baby.

Well I need to get to bed...busy weekend planned. Brandon turns 18 on Saturday..*sigh And from what I hear there is this hot chick in Indiana who's turning 29 plus tax.....naming no names...lol
guurrrr night

tlprocks
09-09-2005, 11:10 AM
Hello guys:

I know i havent been here in ages.. but i pop in to read sometimes.. i had a very busy summer.... emma is keepiong me busy and everything else..... been busy with volunteer stuff.. anyway i will be back later to write more... when emma is asleep lol hope everyone is well!!!

Mom2Gaby
09-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Napolean Dynamite, Beth??? He is an actor, though I am sure he can sing - he can do anything- he is my boyfriend - lol. jk

Don't rush too fast to see what he looks like. While Cristi & I think he is a cutie some would think he is geeky.

Gabster didn't make preschool this morning - (slacking already!) Mom woke up late and couldn't find a comb - threw me off - so I made a quick call to my ex and he took her today.
It open house today - the regular schedule is Wednesdays & Fridays. Maybe we can get our act together for next week.

(((Mindee)) take care of yourself!

Better get to work - Hi Terri :)

FrouFrou
09-09-2005, 02:54 PM
Afternoon ladies~

Think I am going to take a nap when I get off this thing. Was outside yesterday evening and most of this morning and my allergies are killing me. I have the works, sneezing, sinus headache, stopped up nose, etc....nothing seems to be helping. Going to try and stay inside the rest of the day.

Angie~I do remember those lines from the movie. Of course I didn't realize they had any t-shirts, haven't seen any anywhere. But if I do I think I'll get one that says Vote for Pedro! I loved at the end of the movie when he came riding up on the horse at his brothers wedding! OMG, your Skittles sounds like our Ernie...I put his worm pills in his dog food and I can't tell you how many times he has eaten around the pill. Will eat everything in the bowl and the pill will be left. And I'm not talking about dry dogfood. I have to cut a little slice in it and stuff the pill in it so he won't see it-too funny.

Susan~I don't know about Napoleon being able to sing but he sure can dance can't he?! LOL :lol:

Beth~Napoleon Dynamite is a little on the geeky side. His name is John Heder. It's a funny movie.

Jane~that is a great idea! I didn't even think about using things from the house on your new house. I have seen people who have used the old doors, windows, etc. from old homes to keep the original charm of a house and it had sentimental value, plus the history of it. That's kind of weird that the Hallmarks there don't have the wedding day scent. The Hallmarks here do but never seem to have enough and usually during May through July. Even the yankee candle store didn't have many when I was there last. Getting ready for all the fall (Halloween & Thanksgiving) and winter scents. So if I want any soon I will have to order them online.

Marti~I too can't believe that Jhanai doesn't start until 9:30! I know here they start at 8:30 and are out at 3:00, Wichita I think they get out a little later. Hey, you better keep an eye out for James' doc! ;) LOL When I first met V he was going to a chiro that liked him and even asked him out. He had thought about it but declined. I thought that was so wrong-I know shes not a real doc but still they are supposed to be professional and have ethics. She even called his mother to get his phone number and called him and that was when we were together! He told her he met someone and was getting married and was very happy. She ended up marrying another patient of hers! LOL

Terri~so glad to see you checking in! Miss you around here! And hope you can get back more often to chat.

Mindee~I am so glad that you and Brandon are fine after that fall. That would have scared me to death. Be careful girly.

Well, I was only supposed to do a mile today but only did 3/4 of a mile at the park closer to our house. Had planned on going around twice but my head is just all stopped up and I didn't feel like doing it twice. So I came home and finished the mile on the treadmill. As I mentioned above my allergies have the best of me today so it's not a good day. Of course I came home and washed my car and DS truck which did NOT help at all. Byt the time I finished I was sneezing my head off. Haven't even made the bed yet but will get to that when I get off this thing. My plan was to do it later anyway and get other stuff out of the way, like washing the vehicles. Anyway, that's about all I have. Gotta get the laundry in the dryer, the washer just stopped and the beeping is driving me nuts! :crazy:

Susan~this is for you! LOL (didn't know if it would work or not, I've not added pics before this way)

Mom2Gaby
09-09-2005, 03:46 PM
I don't walk at all Cristi - so yay 3/4 of a mile! :) I walk to the vending machine - haha

Thanks for the images of my sweetie!!!! wooo hooo, so sexy when he dances.

Loved when he said "it took me 3 hours to shade your upper lip". lol

yikes....better get!

Marti
09-09-2005, 05:11 PM
Hello Ladies--

This is my early day so I have to start getting ready. Weekend just about here and our company got their Winshare Bonus!! I'm ready for some early Christmas shopping. Now.....to figure out what to get James!!!

I really need to get moving so I better take a shower before I run out of time.

I'll catch up later!

suetalks
09-09-2005, 06:56 PM
TGIF again? So soon? Boy, time flies when you are having fun! Everyday that I wake up and can get out of bed is a fun day for me! This morning I started the WATP tape and did a one mile walk. Let me tell you, that tape made me sweat...and I walk 2 or 3 miles outside without hardly sweating, so this was good for me. I am hoping to do the one mile walk every day for a week or two and then go on to the two mile. But, even if I only do one mile and then get out and walk every night I am OK. Something has to give eventually.

Took Mom to the Dr. and he wants her to do therapy for her arm, but just one day a week for three weeks and then exercise at home the other days. It is healing just fine. She also got her blood pressure meds. regulated and is feeling better. No more dizzy spells. So hopefully no more falls.

I forget who asked, but my DD who is engaged lives in CA. My son and step-son also live in CA and here I am in the mid-west. I have another DD who lives near and I get to see her family often. When we go West for the winter we get to see the others more.

Gotta fix DH something good for dinner, don't know what yet, but better go.

Sounds like everyone here has been very busy. Hope you all have a good week-end.

da fat n da furious
09-10-2005, 02:42 AM
Good evening all,
OMG Cristi I laughed over that 3 hours to shade your upper lip...lol I bought Tanner's 2 tees at a store called HotTopic which is a grunge/punk store, Ya we fit right in..well actually we did. Tanner has his hot pink and jet black hair right now. Anyways I had the best talk with this guy with soft pink hair and he gave me deals on the tees,,I paid 4.50 each. I did get the Flippen Sweet tee at Target. ( I had my Target fix) Infact I have to tell you I have never been in a Target that big! I almost needed a paper bag to breath in I got so excited...lol
Cristi thank you for the card...so sweet
I laugh at Skittles well actually I laugh more at Monte trying to get her to take the pill...lol Meanwhile I take her pill and dribble a quarter size drop of Iams meat gravy over it and she just licks it up,,,no problemo!

Jane, I know of one friend who took her windows out of her old house before they bull dozed it down and used it around her other house like pictures on the walls. It was cool how she made them so unique.
Thank you for the card! Of course mine will be late arriving...lol

Hey Terri glad to know your busy...come on back when you have time.

Susan,,,*shaking head you are too funny,,,your preschooler is already slacking?

Had to work a long shift today...arghhh but made it through. Gotta tell you about my friend Caryn,,,she used to work with us in the call centre but moved to Toronto to be with her partner. We have kept in contact through phone and emails...anyways she now works for Cadbury.... and the last time she was in she dropped like a dozen chocolate bars off with me...I gave alot of them away and the 4 I kept I rashened out for about 2 -3 weeks...anyways she stopped in at work yesterday and dropped of a huge gift bag,,,probably 4 lbs of bars..*gulp thank goodness it was at work even though she said not to share with them,,,to bring them home. I shared...I have to tell I have eaten a bar each day! I ate so clean and healthy in Disneyland and here I am back home hogging out...*duh I have been drinking my water faithfully though I find I feel somewhat better doing that.

I have my Dr. appointment Monday to tell me the results of the ultrasound and tell me when I will be having surgery. I am thinking first week of Feb. I am doing auditions right now for Evita,,and it goes up first week of Jan to the end.

Had to go buy a new mattress today after work. Monte and I are just not getting any rest on our old one. *gulp man are they expensive. We got a great deal half price but still 13 hundred is lots.

Was watching the devistation of Katrina. I feel so horrible for those people. And the animals. Alot of the deaths could of been prevented they are saying,,,,watching Stone Phillips.

Anyways I should go,,,night ladies and have a wonderful weekend...
Jane if Im not back on before Sunday you have a wonderful birthday! all the best, love you!

FrouFrou
09-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Hello ladies~

Boy, I went to the park this morning and did a 3 mile walk and man am I pooped! Definitely ready for a nap and I am really feeling it in my legs. But...it's done and over with and I get tomorrow off from walking, yippee!!! Of course I start all over again Monday. I wanted to stop and watch the little guys play soccer but they were just getting there on our second time around and I was dying. As soon as I got in the car I started sneezing again. Need to get one of those painter things that goes over my nose and mouth and wear while outdoors. Wouldn't that look funny?! :lol:

Angie~you are welcome for the card. Thought maybe I sent it too early but never know about the mail and how long it takes a letter to get to Canada. Hope you have a fantastic day tomorrow! I do know Hot Topic! We have one in the mall, just haven't been there (Hot Topic, not the mall) in a while. I just love the funky stuff they have. Of course everything is too small for me but I love to look anyway when I go with DD. Hope you guys enjoy the new mattress. I keep telling V that we need to get a new bed and I swear everytime he mentions getting one I am not ready. There's something else I would rather do to the house or buy for the house first. And right now we are working on the kitchen. He went and got a smooth surface stove Thursday and I am really liking it. I had one before in another house but when we sold it we left the appliances. They are so much easier to clean. I tried that Iams gravy and for the longest time Ernie ate Kibbles & bits. Then I got a sample of Caesars (I think that is what it's called, it has a pic of a westie on the front) in the mail and gave it to him and he loved it and has been eating it ever since. Tried dry dog food again and he will not touch the stuff, even tried to mix the Caesars with the dry and I don't know how he did it but he ate around the dry and picked it out and spit it on the floor to get to the other! LOL Goofy dog-but we love him! The candy sounds so good right now. I did indulge a little myself yesterday and had a reeses peanut butter cup. :nono:

Marti~have fun shopping! I have Christmas on my mind and am trying to figure out what the heck to get everyone,, just haven't done any shopping yet. Of course Josh will be home Dec. 2 for two weeks so we have to have his Christmas before he leaves. I was looking at all the Christmas stuff Hobby Lobby has out a few weeks ago. I don't need anything and didn't buy anything but I do like to look. Now, when I see something I like and feel I can't live without I think about where I am going to put it and usually end up not buying anything. Been trying to de-clutter my house.

Sue~love the WATP videos. Have you noticed how much Leslie sweats with the 1-mile one?! I work up a sweat also but I love doing them. It breaks up the same old routine of walking at the park. I usually go there though because I know how far I need to walk and how many miles it is around the two parks I go to. But still try to mix it up...I said try because all last week I went to the park. But I know the weather won't be nice like it has been so will have to do my walking at home eventually. Anyway, keep up the good work.

Susan~you are welcome for the pics of your sweetie! :love: Doesn't he look different in the one picture? A lot cuter...I loved that scene and when he was dancing and ran off the stage! :lol: That is the best movie ever! I am going to have to buy the dvd. I was asking DD if she saw the very end. I usually watch a little bit of the credits and then change the station, of course when we went to the show and saw it I didn't watch all the credits-just left once it was over. Anyway, the last time I saw it on cable I didn't feel like changing the station and left it and after all the credits was when they showed that the brother got married. It was 2 or 4 months later. DD didn't see that either and I didn't catch it the first few times. I wonder if there will be a number 2? I think there should be.

Well, not much on the agenda for the weekend. It is windy again today and with these allergies I am trying to stay indoors. So will probably straighten the house a little and vacuum. Do have a couple of loads of laundry to do and make flight reservations for Oct. & Dec. to GA and also a rental car. Made reservations for the hotel yesterday. I don't want to fly and am going to go to the doc and see if she can give me something to make me loopy! :crazy: V talked me into it, he wants to go and doesn't have much vacation time and it's cheaper and faster than driving. Of course now that has messed me up on going to AR, not sure when that trip will happen now or if it will. I used to love to travel and it was nothing to jump in the car and take off. Now, I just dread drives longer than a couple of hours-terrible. And there is little Ernie to think about-love the dog but he is a pain to travel with because he doesn't like people and barks at them constantly and jumps all over the seat when we stop. Don't want to take him and have to leave him in the car most of the time when we go somewhere or leave him in an unfamiliar place and don't want to leave him here alone for the biggest part of the day for days. He would be okay for a day or two but we would be gone for 3-5 days. The dog is attached to us and gets nervous and sick when no one is around. So he gets a lot of attention and love! Anyway, writing a stinking novel here. I'll figure something out.

Hope everyone is having or has a wonderful weekend! And....

:woo: :hb: :hat: :gift: :dance: :balloons: :dance: :gift: :hat: :hb: :woo:
ANGIE & JANE~a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you ladies tomorrow! Enjoy your special day!
:woo: :hb: :hat: :gift: :dance: :balloons: :dance: :gift: :hat: :hb: :woo:

Marti
09-10-2005, 05:01 PM
Hello girls--

Just a quick hello from me today. Got some things I need to do such as SHOPPING! :D

Jhanai & I want to go to Michaels today. I'm all for it!

Best get, will try to catch up tonight.

Marti
09-11-2005, 04:17 AM
:woo: :balloons:Happy Birthday Jane & Angie!!!!!! :woo: :balloons:

From Marti & Jhanai

Jane
09-11-2005, 11:10 PM
Hi ladies,

Cristi, Angie, and Marti - thanks for the birthday wishes! I had a great time today. Katie cooked lemon chicken, and the family basically spoiled me, which is fine with me, lol. :D

(photos deleted by Jane)

Hope your day has been a good one, too.
Toodles for now.... :wave:

suetalks
09-12-2005, 12:52 AM
Jane-Pulling ears, how interesting. Wishing you a belated Happy Birthday!! Thank you for the great pictures. What beautiful girls in all the pictures, you, Mary and the babies.

Angie- Happy Birthday to you also. Sorry I am so late! Hope it was a great day.

Cristi- I knew someone on here talked about WATP tapes. Yes, Leslie does work up a sweat right along with me. I have done 3 days of one mile and plan to do that for awhile.

Had a good OP day today..not only did I eat well, but I did the WATP tape and then also walked tonight and got in more then the normal 2 miles. DH had come out to walk so when I finished with my friend I walked with him for about 3/4 mile extra. Tonight my joints are not aching as they usually do, so maybe it is a good thing. The WATP is getting easier. Maybe one of these days I will be able to keep up with Richard Simmons. OMG they work way hard on those tapes. LOL
DSS got in last night and we saw him briefly today. I am sure we will see him plenty in the next two weeks.
I have had to laugh at DD this week. When she got engaged she said they would get married in April....they are already up to Jan. Heck, I won't be surprised if she calls and tells me they are married.
Other than church and my walking I only made dinner and did a load of laundry today. Was lazy the rest of the day.

Hope all the JL's had a great week-end.

Katiecat
09-12-2005, 11:08 AM
Good morning ladies!

First of all,

:woo: :gift: :balloons: Happy Birthday, Jane and Angie!!! :balloons: :gift: :woo:

Hope both of you had wonderful birthdays...loved the pics, Jane, your GD's are so cute :D I will get something like 6 extra hours of birthday this year -- our plane leaves Shannon, Ireland at 11:00 am local time on the 24th, and even though the flight to Boston is about 7 hours, it will only be 12:30 pm when we land! Weird, huh??? I think I've discovered how to time travel...

Angie, how can you say 2 days at Disneyland is enough? Sacrilege!!! :yikes: :rofl: Actually, since we go down there about once a year, we take kind of a different approach. We'd rather have 5 days, and just not try to do everything every day -- kind of be more leisurely, make sure we get to see all the shows we want to, maybe take a tour one of our days, swim and hottub at the hotel, :beach: shop in Downtown Disney, catch a show at House of Blues, or their Sunday Gospel Brunch (that's a blast!) -- then on the last day, we tend to go back and hit all our favorites spots one more time. Sure glad you had a great vacation. Mike has size 14 feet, too...hard to find things in his size. And hope Miss Skittles is feeling better soon...

Jane, what a great idea to kind of duplicate the first floor of the original house! I'm sure your new home will be just beautiful. Hot Topic a "sister" store here called Torrid -- same kind of style, but the clothes are for *ahem* curvy girls :lol: I like the clothes in the store, and have bought some there, but I haven't liked the stuff as much that I've seen on their website.

Cristi and Sue, way to go on the exercise! I know WATP is some kind of exercise video, but what does it stand for -- Walk ....something... The Pounds?

Beth, I used to teach Sunday School for 7-8 year olds, and we had a dear little boy in our class who just bounced off the walls. Got himself up on Sunday mornings while mom was still sleeping, got himself dressed (sort of, didn't always have shoes or socks, clothes were often dirty, probably pulled out of the hamper), made himself a breakfast of Mountain Dew and peanut butter cups and little chocolate donuts, and then walked to church. :hyper: Oh boy! And he would jump up and down in class, waving his hand, yelling, "Teacher, Teacher, TEACHER!" until you called on him. And if he decided to stay for church, one of the Sunday School teachers would collar him and sit on him for the duration of the service...whew. :faint:

Marti, yay for the bonus! Ack, I can't even think about Christmas shopping yet! I think we will be pretty conservative this year...need to start saving money for our next trip :lol:

Susan, I still haven't seen Napoleon Dynamite, but have heard it's really good. We are way behind on our movie watching, but will add it to the Netflix list. Too much to do this week before Friday...

Gonna have to wrap this up, mandatory overtime at work today and I have to go in early...things have just gotten ridiculous at work, and everyone there is miserable. Hope I can find a position in another department, or that things improve. *sigh*

Was down 1/2 lb this week, was afraid I'd gained after going to the Fair and eating at friend's houses two nights. *whew* My goal for vacation is just not to gain anything, but I don't even dare hope to lose.

Alright ladies, have a good day...

Neets
09-12-2005, 02:17 PM
:wave:

Hi ladies, It's been so long since I posted, I'll bet you were wondering if I dropped of the face of the earth.

Nope. Still here. Work is crazy as usual, and I was also out of the office last week for 2 days at a CPR training course. If anyone gets the opportunity to take a lifesaver/first aid course, I highly recommend it. I learned so much and feel much more conifdent that I can handle myself in an emergency situation.

The weight loss is going well. Since June 27th I have lost 34 pounds. I am about 5 pounds away from the halfway mark. MAN, this program is tough at times though. I think the hardest thing is in social situations, but I am perservering, and know it will be worth it in the end.

Yesterday my parents celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary. On Saturday, they renewed their wedding vows and had a reception at their home afterward. My mother is so supportive of my weight loss efforts and made sure that there was food on the menu that I could eat without worrying about straying off the program too badly.

Of course our darling Joycelyn stole the show, but luckily the "bride" didn't mind too much. She wore a darling little pale brown swede dress with pink bows, and brown mary Janes with Pink socks and a pink hairclip. She was darling. However, my little munchkin still needs to learn how to behave in church. LOL Running on the pews is a definite no-no.

This weekend we are off to the trailer again. Hard to beleive taht we will be closing it up for the winter at the end of the month. So this will be our next to last weekend up there, because the following weekend, we have my mum's Retirement dinner (another food challenge, I'm sure) and then on the Sunday September 25th, Joycelyn, me, my mum and possibley my MIL are walking in the Heart and Stroke Mother Daughter walk. I am actually really excited about that, I am hoping to make it a tradition. Heart Disease and stroke run in my family, so it's an important cause that is close to my HEART.

ANDREA--Welcome, glad to meet you. Looking forward to getting to know you.

JANE&ANGIE---Happy Birthday's to the both of you!! Wishing you a wonderful year and all the happiness in the world.

JANE--your grandchildren are just sooooo cute.

I want to say hi to everyone and I hope everyone is doing well.

Anita

FrouFrou
09-12-2005, 03:48 PM
Hello ladies and a Happy Monday to you!

I am happy to say I am down another pound. Haven't really been trying to lose weight, rather concentrate on the walking and water for now. But I have been cutting back on the food and feeling better about it, and walking of course. I felt so energetic after my walk this morning at the park, I came home ate breakfast and decided I would mow the back yard, which I did. When I was pushing the mower to the front I thought what the heck, I'll just go ahead and mow the front while I'm at it. I did! Man was I hot and sweaty afterward! But I feel so energetic for some reason. Plus I thought I would help V out. He has had to work overtime since last Thursday and has been tired. Plus it is supposed to rain tomorrow and Wednesday. Did get a little bit of rain this morning, a few sprinkles and was worried I would have to come back home and do my walking on the treadmill. Luckily it was just a few sprinkles that felt good on my face. The wind was/is blowing so there was a nice breeze. And I have been taking the Claritin so the wind didn't bother me so much. Just that darn right eye watering and itching like crazy. As of right now I am up to 12,745 steps.

Jane~glad you hade a nice birthday! Love the pics! The DGDS are so cute! Little Caylin has gotten big since the last pic I saw of her. Actually, they all are getting big. :hat: :cheers: A very HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and Neal also!! :cheers: :hat: Are you guys doing anything special? Well, what ever you do hope your day is special for both of you! :love:

Sue~yeah, it was me who mentioned and does the WATP videos/dvd. I really like doing them, especially when I can't get out to walk. I bought her book and am following that. This is week three of my walking and with each day that passes it gets easier and I am feeling so much better. Even though I hate getting up so early I am getting used to it. On Sunday when I plan on sleeping in because it is a free day from walking, I am awake at 7 am. Tomorrow I will be doing it (WATP) because she incorporates the weight training and prefers you to do the tape (walking) at home. So I'll see how that goes. Of course I have to go get some 2 lb. weighted gloves or balls.

Katycat~bet you guys are very excited! I would be and would love to go to Ireland one day! Well, sort of...I don't think I could actually take that long a flight. I am scared to death of this little 2 hour flight to Georgia next month-such a chicken. In case you don't get back to 3fc this week to say bye, Have a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! And a safe and fun trip! Oh, WATP=walk away the pounds and WTG on your loss this week! :bravo:

Marti~so did you and Jhanai do some damage at Michaels? I need to go and find something for fall. Last time I was there they were just putting their stuff out, that's been a while.

Anita~WTG on your 34 pound loss!! :bravo: That is awesome, keep up the good work. That's cool that your mom is supportive of your weight loss and provided some food you could eat. DD's outfit sounded soooo cute!

Hi to everyone else! :wave:

Need to get going and do some e-mailing and vacuum. The wind was blowing so hard it was blowing grass on my shoes and socks and I tried to brush most of it off before I came inside, just wasn't coming off so easy. Need to throw the clothes in the dryer also. When V gets home we are headed to the showroom to look at the countertops for the kitchen. They have those that just fit over your existing countertops without having to take the old ones off and are like granite but supposed to be better, more durable. But I am not a fan of granite so we'll be looking at Lowes also at the corian and getting an estimate for both. Also, going to get some knobs to put on the cabinets to dress them up a little and trim at the top of them-for the life of me I can't think of what it's called. :shrug: Oh well...Take care ladies and hope you all are having a wonderful day!! :D

suetalks
09-12-2005, 05:34 PM
Good afternoon ladies! I was rolled out of bed this morning by my neighbor friend calling. She said that it was going to be 90 degrees today so we should walk before the sun got up and hot. So off I went to walk my 2 + miles. Then when I came in I put on my coffee pot, but thought I might as well do my WATP while I was still sweaty, and then shower. Soooo, I did that, then thought well, I guess I will just vacuum and then shower. I DID finally get that shower, but felt so great for all I had accomplished. This afternoon I went to the library and post office. Sent DD a box of things I had made for her and DGS. Now, I am finally just loafing a bit.

Will try to come back later....

da fat n da furious
09-12-2005, 09:12 PM
Good afternoon ladies!
Jane looks like you had a wonderful day too! Monte woke me early for breakfast then I had to race off to a meeting,,,where they brought in cupcakes and sang,,,this was the production team. Went in to watch the rehearsal and had this throat lump emotional wonderful cast sing happy birthday to me ..
I got some cleaning done,,,I know *cleaning* ?? I had to get it done so I wouldn't have to worry later about it and it felt great having it done.
Brandon lived to tell the tale about his wild crazy 18th birthday,,,(it was infact boring...*tsk tsk I did offer to take him out and I know it wouldn't have been boring...

Katie,,,OMG thats the name! Torrid this chick was telling me about the store,,,(which we in Canada don't have) and I couldn't remember...she said to go on line. Thank you!
Crisit,,,it does feel good to get things done doesn't it?

Thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes...

Had my Dr. appointment,,,Feb.9th is my surgery. Could of went in alot earlier but work is seriously short staffed. Was offered full time but don't think i could work in the call centre full time without wigging out. Plus I need to lose alot of weight before hand.
well I have a ton of calls to make,,,not good ones either...people who didn't make the cut in Evita. *sigh

rebelridergirl
09-12-2005, 09:46 PM
Hi Everyone!

Sorry that I haven't been around lately. It's been quite a week. Work has been absoulutely horrendous. We found out that a student (7year old) is dying from a very fast growing brain tumor and will probably be gone in a few weeks. It has been a total shock to us. It's a very hard thing to understand and to not be angry at.

This weekend was pretty much a no holds barred weekend in terms of eating. I ended up having a few drinks which then leads me to munching on awful things. It's one of those things I'm still trying to learn how to deal with. Yesterday we did go to the State Fair and of course I sampled bites of my husband and SIL's food. So, not totally bad...but...

I am back on track (or trying) today. I had the day off, woke up super late and didn't get off to the best eating routine. No breakfast or lunch. Just a ton of green beans and some roasted chicken. I did lose 5 pounds last week, but I feel like I gained it all back this weekend. As long as I get back on track I should be ok. I may not weigh this week just in case. LOL.

I hope that everyone is doing well!

Jane
09-13-2005, 10:40 AM
Hi ladies,

Sue - glad you're doing well with the food and exercise! So she's up to January already, huh? A winter wedding will be beautiful! My DS is planning on July, and I know it will be hot, hot, hot.

Katiecat - YAY for the 1/2 pound down. That's great considering you went to the fair and ate at friends' a couple of times. So you'll be airborne for most of the day on your birthday? Maybe the flight attendants will give you an extra bag of cookies, lol. I think it's so wonderful that you'll be seeing Ireland, and hope you'll send me a postcard!

Anita - wow, you're doing great with the weight loss! I agree that social situations present such a challenge. Do-able, though, when your mind is made up, like yours is. You are to be commended, Anita. Btw, your little sweetie sounds so adorable!

Cristi - Thanks for the cards, Cristi! You're a sweetie for sending them. YAY for you, losing another pound! And all the energy you have - isn't that great? Did you find some countertop that you like? That will sure make a big difference in your kitchen.

Angie - glad you had a great birthday, too! So your surgery is set for Feb 9th? That gives you 5 months to lose some weight, and we'll help you, ok? Which plan are you going to use? Whatever it is, we're here for you, ok? I've got to get serious about it again, too! We'll help each other, ok?

Andrea - so sorry about the student. How sad!

Thank you all so much for the birthday/anniversary wishes, and the comments on my DGDs. Yes, they're growing like weeds, lol! Neal took me to the Amish restaurant in Mongomery for our anniversary yesterday. The food there is indescribable! They also have a little village with shops, etc. and it's all so quaint. I've been several times before, but it had been awhile, so it was all new again.

I'm watching Macy today for DS, since her regular babysitter is on vacation. She's a pistol. lol. Better go!

Have a good day, ladies!!

FrouFrou
09-13-2005, 01:36 PM
Morning everyone :wave:

I am dragging for sure, I'm blaming it on the weather! Glad I mowed yesterday for V because we woke up to thunderstorms this morning. Wasn't supposed to be here till about noon and then rain today, and tomorrow. So couldn't have gone to the fair even if we had planned to.

Katycat~don't know where my head was yesterday and somehow missed that you were leaving on your BD, the 24th. Saw Friday and was thinking it was this Friday. I was getting confused to say the least! :dizzy: Thought I missed some days there and had to check the calendar! :lol:

Jane~we do like the granite stuff but there really wasn't a color that really stood out to me. That's the bad thing about that stuff, they don't have the color selection the Corian has. They did give us an estimate but he went a little high and can't give us an exact one until they come out and see exactly what we want and where. We are also going to get an estimate for the Corian also since there are two colors I DO really like better. I would like to also go ahead and do the bathroom countertops while we are doing the kitchen in the same stuff-whatever we decide to go with. I don't know though-trying to concentrate on one room at a time right now and that is the kitchen. Glad you and Neal had a nice anniversary. Sorry your cards were late. I always get the new months cards ready to mail and set them on the coffee table with the date I need to mail them where the stamp goes and sometimes I just lose track of the date or don't check when I should. But better late than never i guess.

Anyway, don't have much to say. I am in a mood and not feeling so great. Slept the wrong way or something and my shoulder and neck are bothering me and I feel a little sick to my stomach. Of course add to that the damn allergies! And I am a mess today! Still managed to get my walk in this morning though-know I won't get as many steps as yesterday. Did the WATP DVD since I had to do the strength training. You wouldn't think little two pound weights are so heavy, but start raising them above your head and out and up and out and up and you can feel the burn! Okay, need to get going and get to the PO and mail something, straighten the house and get some laundry done. May take a nap later and hope I wake up feeling better.

Have a good day ladies! :wave:

suetalks
09-13-2005, 04:55 PM
I am being lazy today..well, a little. I did a load of laundry and made myself a pair of flannel p.j. pants. Yep, we will need the flannel before long.
I don't know when I will walk, my heal is really sore today. It was somewhat sore yesterday and I walked anyway, but don't know that I can do it again today. After all of my walking yesterday my DD called and asked me to go with her last night to Indy. DGD had won tix to a Green Day concert and DD was going to drive the kids there. She needed someone to keep her company. Soooo we walked around the Mall and downtown for 4 hours. Trouble is I didn't even think to wear my walking shoes and wore flat sandals. No padding for my heel. Today I am paying for it! I am hoping I feel like walking tonight, but I don't count on it. Eating is going okay however, that's the good news.

Will be back later...

Marti
09-13-2005, 05:01 PM
Hello Ladies!!

Had a good weekend, although it was awfully short!! School being back in session the weekends just seem to fly extra fast!! Already looking forward to summer vacation! :D

Just wanted to pop in real quick before I leave. Going to Eugene w/James (he's taking me to work) and we're stopping by Verizon place to see what phones they have.

I WILL catch up later though I promise!

odbeth
09-13-2005, 09:30 PM
Hello girls---
Sorry it's been awhile since I checked in....busy busy busy around here....but aren't we all?

Jane--I loved seeing the pictures---Your DGD are so cute--

Happy belated Birthday!!to Jane and Angie. Sorry I missed chiming in that day.

My youngest son, Trent, had a birthday yesterday--18 years---I can't believe my youngest is that old. He's a senior and works after school so I didn't get to see him yesterday but he'll try to come out Thursday. He lives in town with his dad...don't see him as much as I'd like even though he's just a few miles away.

My son, Tanner, that has been living with me has moved into a house that is over by the dairy he works at....which is about 20 miles away. He's been having to go over so much during the night that he thought this would be much easier for him. We spent most of the weekend cleaning the house he's moving into. He doesn't plan on being there but for 2 or 3 months. Don't know if he'll move back in here or into a different house. He's 22 so he really wants to be on his own. I'll miss him though. :( We rarely saw each other but it was nice to know someone was here during the night...Oh well, they do grow up and move away....it's still hard.

What do you think the weather is like in Ireland? That is somewhere I've always wanted to go --- and to Scotland---lot of ancestors from there. I hope you bring back lots of pictures.

Got in my 2 miles walking at school and all my water so far this week. I want to get some new scales so haven't weighed in 3 weeks.

Hello to everyone and hoping your week is going well!!

Love to all~~

da fat n da furious
09-13-2005, 10:16 PM
Beth,,,no worries I love having a long birthday! Im still getting emails from other cast members I have worked with over the years....many of them sing/write to me.

Cristi,,,Id like to have granite but I think you need a big kitchen and mine isn't even close. My old house had pink/green/white checks... I know how weird is that? I did pick it though and loved it. It matched the lino,,,which was white checks with pink flowers and green leaves. My ceiling was sculptured with roses...i miss my house.

Jane, I will be joining WW,,,as of tomorrow. Becky and I are joining together and since she is a life long member I am hoping she will help me too...I have been concious of drinking 2 litres of water per day. And trying to eat clean...not the best but defenitely not like before.

well I have to get back to cleaning ...went to Ikea and bought Tanner a shelf...trying to organize the boy...*sigh

ttfn

da fat n da furious
09-13-2005, 10:18 PM
ps...Sue do you just have flannel in piles for your PJ bottom making fix? I should make some,,,I am down to 1...that fits properly,,,not like the freaky blue with doggies all over it which all the firemen in have seen...*sigh
Do you use a sweat suit pattern?

suetalks
09-14-2005, 12:17 AM
Angie- I have a pattern for p.j's and robe and I just use the p.j. bottoms. I actually have transferred the pattern to very heavy gift wrap because I have cut out so many that I knew the tissue pattern would be in shreds. For the flannel...I hate to say what I do, but I go to Wal-Mart and on their remnant pile they always have lots of flannel for $1. or $2. a yard. (in summer, when no one wants it but me) But, for a warning, sometimes all you can get is plaid. Blue plaid, green plaid, red plaid, black plaid..lol. I got a really pretty white with yellow flowers though and bought out the lot. Mine and the DD's and DGD's all take around 2 1/2 yards, so under $5. makes a bottom. I think I can make them in my sleep now..along with flannel boxers that my 5 year old DGS likes to sleep in. Now if I can just get busy and make a blanket or quilt from all my leftover flannel. I am thinking of baby sized blankets to donate to a local women's shelter. Probably won't get them done until Spring, but that is my plan.
Oh..if I find flannel on sale I like at any time anywhere I buy it. I actually have my eye on some yellow flannel with pink and blue hearts..waiting for it to go on sale. (for my DGD'S) LOL AND hey, I am getting a new DGD who is 7 years old and I am sure she will like cute P.j.'s. :)

Beth- It is hard when the children move out. Hope your son enjoys his new found freedom. My daughter was married to a dairyman in CA and lived on the dairy. I loved to go visit, and even got used to the smell...lol. My DGS will most likely be a dairyman as it is a family business, but he is only 5, so lots can happen. They sure work hard and strange hours with the early milking. Keep up the good work with your walking!!

Cristi- I have also been looking at countertop and really like the solid surface ie: Corian and Silestone. Love granite of course, but think it will be too expensive for the kitchen and 3 baths in the new house. We are also looking at flooring and trying to get everything picked out. I thought I wanted tile, but some people say it is hard to care for in the kitchen and you better not drop anything on it, such as a glass. We are also looking at hardwood. Any thoughts on flooring?

Jane- Yes, a winter wedding..maybe at Lake Tahoe, they say. BUT..a private wedding and then possibly a large party later. They have both been married before, so don't want a big wedding. But then even my son who has never been married says he and his GF don't want a big wedding, they want to marry in Las Vegas. I was surprised to hear that Lynsie didn't want a big to-do since it is a 1st for both of them.

Marti, Andrea, Anita, Susan...Hello and glad to see you...

Well, I did go out and walk 2 miles tonight and it was so pleasant. Breezy finally. My heel hurt so I didn't do the WATP's when I came in, but I will do it in the morning for sure. Fall weather is coming for us this week-end. I am ready for 60's-70's, but wish it would stay for awhile. I hope we don't get real cold days before we leave for Las Vegas the end of Oct. Oh well, I always have my flannel p.j's!!

(((Hugs))) to all!

chervata
09-14-2005, 12:07 PM
Andrea, so sorry about your student (7yrs old!!) with brain tumor. His parents must be reeling.

I found out this week that a 28 yr old niece has breast cancer. Her mom (my stepsister) just recovered from it two years ago or less. They are reeling, also. :( It has been an emotional roller-coaster year on my mother's side of the family---health wise.

I have nothing really interesting to add to this thread, just came over to check it out as I'm new. :dizzy: :lol: Dieting has been my life since adulthood (I was a skinny child, but that's history) and with perimenopause finally winding down, I find myself even more hefty than I was throughout my 30's and 40's. MAN, those hormones are something, eh?

I am interested, rather than more dieting, to try a little different approach in my relationship to food. Trying to think back to childhood when food was just 'food'---sustainence-- and not comfort, a drug. I've been mindlessly eating, and need to slow down and think a little.

In 1 week, we(hubby and I) are going to our cabin up north in the woods, and I hope to read, think, reflect, and try not to stress. I told hubby, I am retiring from being 'cabin gourmet' (a self imposed career) and I am cooking the simplest, least time-consuming things I can find at the store. Luckily, he is all for it. We need to 'veg'!! Sons are back at college, and time to unwind.

Jane
09-14-2005, 01:46 PM
Good morning ladies!

Marti - hope you had fun in Eugene with James. Are you talking about a cell phone? I use Verizon, and have had good luck with them.

Cristi - when I pick out countertop, I'm going to go with a nuetral color so that I can change the curtains and border anytime I want for a whole new look. We're just about ready to pick a floor plan, and then have to get estimates.

Beth - seems like several JLs have had kids who are moving. That's what it's all about, but it can still be hard on the mommas!

Angie - YAY and good luck for starting WW. I think you'll really like it, Ang. I personally didn't like Core at all, and Katy didn't have much luck with it, either, but the regular point-counting program is really, really good, if you're ready to succeed. I'll be here for you, and you know you can call anytime! Wonder if there's much difference between the USA and the Canadian plans?

Sue - hmm... with all the weddings going on, there will surely be more new babies down the road, so you ought to start those baby quilts now and save them. Terry and Gina started out saying they wanted a very small wedding, and now it's getting out of hand, imho. He has several really close friends, and wants them all in the wedding, and of course the same goes for her. Plus, the guest list keeps getting longer, and longer, lol. Thank goodness Neal and I are only responsible for the rehearsal dinner!

Cheryl - aww, so sorry to hear about your niece! Just think how far treatment has come, though, and I bet she'll be alright in the end. I know what you mean about the food! It's so hard for me to eat to live, instead of doing it the other way around. Btw, glad to see you here!! I think you'll like it. :)

I'm going to be as busy as a one-armed paperhanger tomorrow, and then I'll be gone Friday through Sunday afternoon. If I can, I'll check back before I go, but if not, you gals try to behave yourselves, lol.

Take care and much love,

FrouFrou
09-14-2005, 02:36 PM
Good Wednesday morning ladies~

Feeling a little better today, although the allergies still have the best of me. Did take a nap yesterday, a long one! And felt better afterwards. I am taking a claritin every day and for the most part it works but the last two days it's my eyes, itching and watering. I do have some eyedrops that helps a little, made specifically for allergies. Anyway, today is an unstructured day. Actually tomorrow is supposed to be but went with DD to the doc for her ear again this morning and to top it off it was raining so I switched todays walk with tomorrows unstructured day. Still have to walk though...otherwise I would never get in the 7000 steps. I am up to 2920 so have quite a ways to go-a lot of walking to do on the treadmill. :tread: Have also been getting my four bottles of water down and my vitamins. The water is the hardest part for me but I have been putting four bottles on the counter every morning and since I started doing the WATP there has only been a couple of days that I only got down 2 1/2 or 3 so I am working on it.

Angie~oh, I don't think that a kitchen has to be big to have granite countertops-lord knows my kitchen is tiny! Of course if we had a big kitchen we probably wouldn't go with it because it is so costly! And this isn't 100% granite. check out the site if you like-it tells about it. http://granitetransformations.com Cracks me up on all those shows on HGTV, they will talk about someones kitchen being on the small size and I'm thinking, jeez, I wish I had a kitchen that small! They would die if they saw my tiny kitchen. In the showroom they have a small kitchen set up and it looks nice. Plus we saw a couple of albums of jobs that they have down and the befores and afters are really nice. Your colorful kitchen sounds so very cute! I've seen a pink kitchen and loved it.

Sue~I think we are going to go with the granite over the corian but not 100% sure yet. The one color DH and I really like and think it would look nice in the kitchen with the green color on the walls and the white appliances. They also have a new granite sink, (not the same material as the countertops of course) that we are going to go with. Don't really know anything about flooring...I always liked the tile floors also but wood seems to be a favorite now. We are putting Pergo flooring in the kitchen and dining area. We like the look of it with the granite and the oak cabinets. They have so many colors to choose from also. Hope your heel gets to feeling better. I have done long walks in flip flops and man-not a good thing to do!

Beth~at least your DS will be close in distance so that's good. It is hard when they fly the coup but they always come back. I never thought I would ever hear DS say he missed us and home but in his letter last week he actually said it. Also said he missed my cooking! But as hard as it is in basic he is lovin' it. Hope your Tanner had a great Birthday! :hb:

Hi Cheryl and WELCOME! Looking forward to getting to know you and hear more about you. Many prayers and (((((HUGS))))) to your niece.

Marti~glad you are getting to spend time with James. :love: That is sweet that he took you to work.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

I did the wally world thing this morning of course. That's where I got most of my steps. I never realized how much walking I do in that store. Had to get to the post office and mail the things I didn't get around to yesterday as planned. They have some new stamps-airplanes and classic old cars. Josh told me when I write not to put any girly girl stuff on the envelopes so needed new stamps! :lol: He knows I put stuff all over the envelopes sometimes. But it is just usually when I send stuff to the kids at MACS to brighten their day. Anyway, will vacuum today also, something else I didn't get around to doing yesterday. When I said I took a nap, I really took a nap. It has stopped raining for now which is good. But I am glad for what rain we did get even if it means I can't walk outdoors. That's about all I have for now.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day!

FrouFrou
09-14-2005, 02:44 PM
Hi Jane! I saw that you had posted while I was writing that stinking novel! Anyway, yeah we are going with a neutral color in the kitchen also because we have the neutral colors throughout the dining area and living room. But that's not the main reason, we are also thinking in terms of when we sale the house down the road. I wouldn't put a color in that I think someone else would look at and say eeeeewwww! Not the paint on the wallls are a different story because it would be easier to paint than redo countertops, and a lot cheaper! Is this the weekend for the moderators? Can't remember and can't seem to keep things straight. Well, if it is have a fabulous and fun weekend!

Bye again ladies :wave: have a good one!

suetalks
09-15-2005, 12:14 AM
Got in day 5 of WATP's after skipping it yesterday. Five days out of six is doable. And it seemed so much easier today for some reason. Walked almost two miles tonight before the storm hit. At first it was just sprinkling rain and we were like "oh this feels good." Then after awhile it BOOMED and there was lightening, so we ran home. LOL.. The run was quite an exercise in itself. Believe me I was panting.
We met Mom for breakfast this morning, back to her house to visit, then went to the lumber yard for DH to do whatever...(what do men do there?) I actually didn't do much of anything else after running to CVS for some laundry soap. DSS came over so we talked for awhile and I fixed dinner.
Tomorrow we have nothing planned, so I will get in the yard and cut back some plants and do the weeding to get ready for winter.

Hope you all had a happy HUMP day.

suetalks
09-15-2005, 12:16 AM
P.S. I threw my scales away.

da fat n da furious
09-15-2005, 02:16 AM
Hey Ladies,
Well Becky forgot all about signing us up for WW,,,which started tonight. She is a single mom of 4 boys,,,Ill forgive her...lol
I did go to Walmart and buy the WW mag. Actually I bought 4,,,I used to be addicted to mags,,,and I some times go on binges... like tonight. Had a bad hair day and bought a hair style mag,,,saw something I really like. The Katrina addition of People,,,WW, and Me. Anyone read Me mag? Really good stories...I actually get alot of makeup tips from it.

I had a good laugh my son Brandon's best friend is named Brandon,,Tanner's best bud that just moved to the neighbhourhood is Tanner...feel like Jacod Two Two...

Well call backs for Evita are tomorrow Im excited. I have been doing props for Into the Woods (adult version) made a couple of toes out of clay..rally love that kind of stuff.

Tanner's agent called to ask if I would let her put a pic of me in for a commercial. I need to look like a viking woman,,Opera like viking... I think I can do that,,,as long as they don't make me wear,,,metal bra (Madonna) bustier...

Sue,,I am going to make a few of them bottoms,,,I love to wear comfy clothes to theatre and...pj bottoms would work.

Cristi do you take anything for your allergies? And if so,,,maybe its time to change your brand....

well off to bed I go...this working full time is killing me. I started my period again today,,,the worst cramps.
night

Jane
09-15-2005, 08:41 AM
Oops.... hop on over to Weight Loss and Chit Chat #144, please. See you there!! :)