South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 03:47 PM   #1  

Default Need a basic chicken stock recipe

I have a couple of cans of Swanson chicken broth and want to know what vegetables and seasonings I can add in for a basic chicken broth. I don't want to add in any chicken, just vegetables. Any suggestions?
Old 09-05-2005, 04:14 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I hope I understand your question. Is it a soup you want to make or do you want to know how to make chicken broth?
Here's how to make a veggie soup.
The canned broth is probably already seasoned so don't add anything until you taste it, particularly salt! Any of the Phase I veggies can be added. Here's what I have in my fridge right now and would chop up and add: green onions, mushrooms, parsley, celery, green beans, red pepper, snow peas and zucchini. I would also add that half can of white kidney beans that's hanging out and maybe throw in some cherry tomatoes.
Old 09-05-2005, 04:34 PM   #3  

Thanks Ruth, that's just what I needed to know.
Closed Thread