Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 11:52 AM   #1  
focused and aiming

Default i remember a few weeks ago

we had a thread about what do we eat that we call core that really isn't core. do ya'll remember it?

what's making me think of it is last night i saw a rumor on another board that when ww puts out their new program this year it will be giving core some added foods. i was thinking that some of our "non-core core" foods may be added to the core list.

have any of you heard any rumors? or do any of you have any inside information? just wondering.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:02 PM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

I haven't heard any rumors, Sandra, but I'll ask my Leader a week from tomorrow. I think she'd tell me if there were some plans to add foods. I really missed her today. I DO NOT like the woman who did the meeting today. She is too harsh and only wants to hear about Flex. I'll let you know what she tells me. It may just be wishful thinking! I hope they add cheerios!
Old 09-04-2005, 12:08 PM   #3  
focused and aiming

me, too!!!!!!!! i love cheerios!!! vickie, i was going to make your cannolli cream the other day but my ff ricotta cheese was out of date. i was afraid it wouldn't taste right. i am going to make it later and put it on that oatmeal cake recipe if you think it would make a good icing. what do you think about that?
Old 09-04-2005, 12:13 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

I would be one happy camper if Cheerios were added! Even things like Special K (adding splenda or eating plain) would be great!
Old 09-04-2005, 12:21 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, it turns out nice and thick and would spread on a cake or muffin very nicely.

Kath, I've never eaten Special K but I'd give it a try if it got added.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:55 PM   #6  
Melissa

I bought some cheerios today. I know that they aren't core, but I need something core-ish that I actually like to eat for bfast. I thought if I kept some cheerios at work it would keep me away from donuts, etc.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:08 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

melissa, will you be snacking on them dry or will you add milk? i remember eating cheerios as a child just out of the box.

i'll prob be ready to try just about any dry cereal they add. i can't stand puffed rice and have eaten a whole field of shredded wheat.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:04 PM   #8  
banned

its funny bc i was just gonna make a thread asking if anyone recalled the 'nearly core' thing bc i always end up going over 35 bc there are things i dont count that technically should be. some of mine are:
light english muffins(1 a week)
light rye bread(limited to 2 slices daily)
8 oz 1%milk(only bout 8 oz 2x week) there are certain times when i can stand skim and sometimes i cant
light mayo(i use very little on my sandwich)
barilla plus elbow macaroni(bout 1 1/2c per week) the rest of the time i eat deccecco
Old 09-08-2005, 04:45 PM   #9  

I use my WAPs for this stuff, isn't that what they are for?
Old 09-08-2005, 05:12 PM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

We use our WPA and WAP's for these items, Quilter. We're just fantasizing about not having to spend points for these realatively healthy items and having those points to use on some more decadent items.

Can't blame us for dreaming, can ya!!!!
Old 09-08-2005, 06:15 PM   #11  

Fantasizing is right! How I would LOOOOVE for the new Core list to include Skittles, onion rings and beer! Do you think there's a chance?

Old 09-08-2005, 06:35 PM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

Onion rings and beer maybe! Skittles never....but you can hope!
Old 09-08-2005, 06:53 PM   #13  

When I got home, I looked at my WW cereal. It is vanilla puffed wheat for sure, and I personally like it. I hope it didn't change in order to get the new Core rating. And BTW, I got it at Target. They had a good selection of WW cereals. As far as it being like Super Sugar Crisp (or whatever it's called now) the WW pieces are smaller but both the taste and consistency definitely remind me of the Sugar Crisp.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:42 PM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

Ok then! Sign me up. I'll try just about anything these days as long as it's Core. Desperate, desperate, girl!
Old 09-08-2005, 07:51 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

sign me up, too.
Closed Thread