Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-04-2005, 11:14 AM   #1  

Default Stationary bike?

I just bought a stationary bike..a simple but well made one. After buying it I found out there are bikes that offer programs like Ifit which "ride" you through a workout.

Should I take my bike back and get the one with bells and whistles or am I more likely to use it to watch tv and not need the special programs?

I also read that some of the bikes (nordic track, health rider etc ) fail alot. I bought the sharper image one. Thoughts?
slimcharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 01:04 PM   #2  

I Brought A Bike To But Its The One That Works Out Your Arms While You Ride So I Mean If You Want T You Can Just Get Some 2 In A Half Pound Dun Bells And Use Those While U Ride
dyintobethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 05:50 PM   #3  
it's always something

Slimcharm, I had considered an iFit treadmill, but changed my mind because the brands that offer it are brands with reputations for breaking down. Sounds like you've heard the same thing. I also was not sure if the iFit would keep my attention very long, or if it would become boring after a while. I decided to go for a better quality treadmill. I love listening to good, fast music while walking, but I also watch TV.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 06:03 PM   #4  

I have a plain old stationary bike and if you use it. It will be the job. think about the real purpose of the bike. There are a lot of people who have top of the line stuff and end of using it to hang clothes on are as dust collectors.
flipafart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 12:25 AM   #5  

Ok...I have to admit I am a gadget gal...I like all the bells and whistles..but when I think about my heart rate monitor which does it all...I kinda wish I had bought one that just did my heart beat!
I keep thinking I should get a bike with a fan in it or water bottle attachment..but I did indeed read that the ifit ones broke down.
Guess I will stick with what I bought..its nice and small and quiet...
Old 09-05-2005, 10:09 AM   #6  
it's always something

Do you have a stand fan that you can put it in front of your bike? I have one in front of my treadmill, and I can walk two or three times as long as when I'm exercising in still air. I don't like the idea of building one into the exercise equipment. For one thing, that's just something that may break later. Plus, I don't think the ones they build in are very powerful, at least not for my tastes, lol.

Good luck with the bike, please let us know how it helps in your weight loss goals
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 11:42 AM   #7  

How do those fans in the bikes work anyway...? Are they battery operated or do they plug in? Actually I do have a nice overhead fan, so that works. My family will just have to put up with it being on.
I have been feeling better since I started the bike 3 days ago. I am just doing 20 minutes and then some crunches.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

The staionary bike i have has a little display that shows ur speed, distance, time, fat cal burned and cal burned. Its also got a heart rate monitor and a water bottle holder. Thats all I need. I just flip on the tv (news or those music channels they have) and away i go. I can usually do about 6-7m at one time. And I like that I know what speed i'm goin. Usually do about 14mph. WOO HOO go me LOL
SillyFluff is offline   Reply With Quote