Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 08:49 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Week of~~September 4~~

Good morning everyone!

Hope y'all are out having a good time. We are spending the weekend at home. Kinda borning around here.

RR: My MOMS Club is collecting stuff through next Saturday and then I will get it boxed up and send it to you. Please PM me with your addy when you get a chance. I hope things are getting better for you there. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hello to everyone :wave !

Last edited by KarenK; 09-04-2005 at 11:25 AM. Reason: fixing title
Old 09-04-2005, 09:02 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Karen, my long weekend is consisting of studying. No excitement there! lol.

RR, hope everything is going alright. (At least as much as possible). You are still in my prayers.

Hello to everyone else.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:32 AM   #3  
Working on Weight loss!!!

People are getting moved alot faster now, but are comming here alot sicker..The shelters have started with some folks having the diarrhea/vomiting, staph infections etc. THe poor diabetics/hypertensive folks have not had their medicine so need more medical care..We are giving tons of tetnus shots and immunizations to the children since their prior healthcare needs were not being met as well as they needed..We have opened up a new "hospital" in an old K-Mart building which will alleviate the hospitals that are full...The schools are now over filled d/t all of the children registering now.. Every house in my neighborhood has been sold and people have moved in..Schools are opening on Tuesday but will not have bus service...We do have more teachers so hopefully the kids can get back in schools soon..
Keep sending prayers cuz it is not over yet....
RR
Old 09-04-2005, 12:24 PM   #4  
No description available.

Yikes, RR! I read your messages from last week and I am amazed at all you have been through. I "know" other people online who have had to totally uproot due to Katrina and are basicly choosing a town on the map to relocate to. I am sincerely grateful for my stacks of laundry today, my washer and dryer, floors to vacuum and a vacuum to clean with, even my very own toilets that need scrubbing. My house may be a mess, but it is standing, my kids are in school, and my job is not insane...Sending prayers and thoughts your way!

Hi to everyone else and to all the newbies. I have been MIA for awhile, trying to do other stuff, and my weightloss has suffered for it. I have actually put on 11 pounds. So, back to basics. I ran 3 times this week. And starting TODAY I am going back to better eating. No more picking off my kids' plates, no fast food, watch portion size, and exercise. I am thankful for my health and my running shoes and I have no excuses.

Jen
Old 09-04-2005, 04:19 PM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Just a quickie, I'm exhausted! Been at my friend's house today helping sand and prime DD's room. I'm soo excited for them that they bought a house after 14 yrs. of marriage...and jealous!! Geez, I hope I don't have to wait that long!!

Grandparents are here today and tomorrow. It's there 69th anniversary and Gramps' 94th bday!! God bless them! I'm soo lucky to have them both!

Hi to all!
Old 09-04-2005, 09:32 PM   #6  

Midwife, so good to see you again. I forgot where you are located, if you want you can pm me. I know how hard it is to fall off the wagon. I myself have gained some of the weight back. (yuck) It will come back off though, just remember that.

Well back to studying! - again yuck!
Old 09-05-2005, 11:45 AM   #7  

Hi Lisa,
I am in the great and beautiful Southwest, where the chiles are roasting and the skies are bright and go on forever. : )

Jen
Old 09-05-2005, 12:27 PM   #8  

Thought I'd pop back in. Thanks for the warm welcome LBH. Love the picture of the boys, by the way! They're really growing.

It's great to see all the focus on weight loss with everyone's charts. I like those! I don't think it was that way when I left.

I just got back from taking ds to his final year of law school! So I've been around a long time I guess. Because I think I was here when I first took him to college and he had 4 years there and is starting his 3rd year of law school. Can that be possible???

I am still playing tennis whenever possible and working for our business on a part time basis. I am going to WW - I'm going to have to say whenever possible here also as I'm missing about a month currently. I'd like to go on more of a regular basis but I always seem to have a wack-a-do schedule. I'm pretty good at maintaining and think I'd be better at losing if I did not miss meetings!

Have a great Labor Day everyone!

Rabbit
Old 09-05-2005, 02:05 PM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Happy Labor Day!!

Rabbit, thanks! I can't believe Robby will be 8 months next week! And Peter's on his way to potty training. We're definitely trying to concentrate on the weight thing....it's not going soo well for me, but I'm trying! Yup, DS was graduating HS I think when you first started posting....which was around the same time I first started, in Feb. '99. Sometimes I wish we could see those old posts...the first ones...to see how our mindsets were back then!

Jen, Good to see you back!

RR, My mom was talking to a friend of hers that is also a nurse about how they could help. Mom said there is a hospital here that is due to close in December. The Endo she works for is on staff there. She's going to ask him what he thinks about seeing if that hospital is an option for bring the diabetics and other endo type patients up to care for. Who knows?? How are things by you? I heard this AM that BR is getting low on supplies and the area is congested.

Not that it counts for anything, but I lost 1.5 lbs. It's still a .5 lb. higher than my ticker though. More company in a little while today, so off to clean a bit, while DH is getting Peter down for a nap.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:30 PM   #10  

Hi Lauren! Hi Rabbit!

Lauren, we are ust beginning to broach potty training with my youngest one today...He's running around in his birthday suit and we have the potty close and ready to go...and lots of towels.

I checked out Craigslist...there are so many people opening their homes to evacuees. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Jen
Old 09-05-2005, 09:08 PM   #11  

Hello all! I hope everyone is having (or had) a nice Labor Day. I myself did a lot of studying over the weekend. (Currently taking a break) I had 10 chapters to read for three classes and now I only have three chapters to go.

Well off to grab a drink (Water - probably) and then get back to reading again. I know I was excited for classes to start 2 - 3 weeks ago, but I am already wanting this semster to be over. Well at least 1/2 over so the classes that I am in now will be done.

Later ya'll.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:22 PM   #12  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello Everyone! Hope you all had a great Labor Day. We went to the park and then visited MIL for awhile. Nothing exciting, but at least we got out of the house. I'm gonna be stuck at home for the next two days, so I REALLY needed to get out. The plumber is coming tomorrow to fix our shower and the water company is coming on Wednesday to give us a new water meter. Whoopee!

Rabbit: HI!!!! We had been wondering where you were. So glad to see you again. Wow, third year of law school. He'll be done before you know it!

RR: We are working to get boxes together for you. I'm not sure what I will get. Hopefully a lot of stuff! I hope things are okay there.

Lisa: I so don't miss studying! I hated trying to keep up with all the reading. I always started out strong then was limping by midterm!

Lauren: Hope you had fun with the company.

Midwife: Hi ya! Great on all th exercising!

Hello to the others!
Old 09-05-2005, 10:05 PM   #13  
Melissa

Talking

I am excited 6lb weight loss this week - making a total of 13lbs so far in 2 weeks.. Atkins plan is what works for me the best!! I am not doing it as faithfully as the last time but this time I want to stick to it. You are allowed 20 carbs per day and I last time I only had less than 5 per day..but it only lasted 4 months before I was back to regular high carb eating. the time I am adding more carbs (around 20). God how I missed bread last time and that is what made me quit. This time I am including it!! And it makes my dieting not half bad.

RR - Some of our nurses from the hospital I work at are with Fema and they are coming to help in local hospitals by you for 2 weeks. I wish that I could come also and help but with school and kids that makes it impossible.

LP - I am with you with the studying.. I'm in the same boat.. Nursing and chemistry class. Can't wait to be done.. Finish date may 06- not soon enough.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:04 PM   #14  

ergirl, that is my expected grad. date too. I am taking 5 classes this sememster, however 4 of them are accelerated (1/2 semesters). Next semester I will have 5 more classes again. I am like KarenK with reading only by the mid-terms I am not even reading, just note taking. I get pretty decent grades. My gpa is 3.20.

Well now for sure it is back to reading. Just 3 more chapters to go. woo-hoo!
Old 09-06-2005, 11:36 AM   #15  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Hello to everyone - just checking in. Had a fairly quiet weekend. Sun DH & I went to the dump and did some misc chores about the farm. I did my best to relax yesterday but ended up running some errands.

Last nights sleep was interrupted by a big fat racoon on my front porch after the cat food. Dogs were whining and not letting me sleep so I had to chase the thing away - they better watch it - if they go after the chickens again it will be bye bye racoons.

Hope everyone is doing well, especially you - RR - still sending you happy thoughts.

Trish
Closed Thread