Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#48)

Sherry
09-03-2005, 12:45 PM
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/birds

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Deelite
09-03-2005, 01:35 PM
Hi Girls

It is me sitting here at the pc. This is the first time that I have been up for an hour. I am doing ok. It hurts like a bugger when I try to walk or stand. As long as I am lying in the new recliner that Larry had to get me I feel only about a 2 out of 10 for pain. When I am walking it sky rockets to a 10. I usually am up 3-4 times a day. I think that I am doing better today. Well gotta go rest. Love you and you are all in my prayers.

Dee

gdeann
09-03-2005, 07:29 PM
Dee, so nice to hear from you. I was wondering how everything went. Sounds like everything went well and you are on the road to recovery. Just try not to do too much too soon. HUGSSSSSS!!!

Sher, I'm so sorry you are not going to get your visit with Chris. But, what he is doing is a wonderful service to all. This will be a life changing experience for him that I'm sure he will remember always. Tell him I will be thinking of him and I'm sending prayers his way for the coping skills he needs to get through it all.

I made a new car purchase today!!! Well, new to me!!! LOL! Actually, it is a 2002 Saturn, which we traded our soon to be 13 year old Mercury Cougar in on. I needed something with front wheel drive to get through the snow when Steve is out of town. It's not my first choice of car, but it is in really nice condition and the price was right. I do like it because it is smaller and sportier then the cougar. Now just to make the monthly payments for the next 5 years!! LOL!

ShelleyM
09-04-2005, 07:59 AM
Gayle-Congratulations! My Saturn lasted 10 years with me, so you made a good purchase.

Everyone's weight trackers look so good! I'm proud of you all. I was horrible yesterday! I had a caesar chicken salad for lunch, with REAL dressing. Then for dinner, I had one again! I also had a piece of a roll at dinner. How awful is that? The wierd thing is, my weight is way down today. It usually shows up a day or 2 later though. I'm off to do 10 miles!

Deelite
09-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Well yesterday didnít go without any hitches but I wouldnít be me if it didnít! My drain bag wasnít working right. It kept filling with air. Larry called Health Links and they said that I should go to the hospital because I could get an infection and also I still might have blood that would pool in my tummy. There wasnít much blood draining in the last 24 hours so I didnít think that was the case. There is no way that I could sit on a chair never mind for hours at the hospital so he phones the surgeon. The surgeon said that he would rather see me in the office and see what is happening. Oh la la I have a sexy belly button amoungs other things.....lol The doc took off my entire wrapped gauze and I could see everything. It wasnít even that swollen. He removed the bag because it wasnít draining anything any more. What a relief it was two tubes that were stuck in me six inches in. The bag cause a lot of discomfort so this ended up as a blessing or it would have only come out on Tuesday. I have the binder girdle on and the tape like stitches. Sure looks good for what I could see.
Later that evening my mom and dad and sister Rachel came down for cake and coffee for dadís birthday. It was a short visit. I improved a lot yesterday once the bag was out. Today I was really tired and got exhausted easily but I did make it to the back yard.

Sherry I am sorry to hear that Chris will not be coming for your visit. I am sure that you are disapointed but think of how proud you ar eof him.

Gayle congratulations on the new car. Ours is still an oldie. Our gas prises here are outrages. It is $4.80 a gallon. What are you girls paying at the pumps?

Shelley you aren't a bad girl. Everyone needs some really fat in their diet. If you keep putting 10 miles in you aren't going to be putting on any weight.

Enough sitting here. I just wanted to see what was happening. Love you.

bootwoman
09-04-2005, 11:09 PM
Dee, it sounds like you are doing great. I'm so happy for you and I know you will look like a million bucks! Take it easy!!!

Gayle, congrats on the new car! There is nothing like having new wheels. Now, if we could just afford the gas!!!

Shelley, if all I had to worry about was couple of salads, I would be in terrific shape! You are way too hard on yourself girl. I'm sure you are the envy of everyone around you!

Sherry, I too am sorry you won't have your two weeks with Chris. I know how much you were looking forward to it. I'm in the same boat myself. Just as we got home from church today, the phone was ringing. It was Dan's National Guard Unit and they were being activated. He had two hours to get all of his things together, say his goodbyes and get to the armory. They told them they will probably be gone for six months, but we don't yet know where to. This Thursday will be his 23rd birthday and it would have been our first with him since he was 19. Tuesday is Rick's 50th birthday and his only wish was to have both his sons here to celebrate with him. Ben was going to drive down from Oklahoma, but as we were talking to him on the phone, he got a page and had to go. He is being deployed somewhere, we don't know where. On top of that, today would have been my parent's 52nd wedding anniversary. I didn't say anything to my dad though because my new step-mom fell and broke her foot! Did somebody say this is supposed to be a HOLIDAY weekend???!!!! LOL

I sincerely hope all of you have a wonderful day off tomorrow. I may just stay in bed with the covers over my head!! hahaha Take care everyone... :dizzy:

gdeann
09-05-2005, 11:45 AM
Ramona, sorry to hear about Dan & Ben, prayers are sent for a safe return. When, if ever, will you know where they will be deployed to? I can't even imagine sending my kids off like you have to, you are a strong, strong woman.

Dee, so happy things are going well for you. Sounds like you are making a remarkable recovery! How long should the recovery process take?

Sher & Deb, hope you guys are having fun!!!!

We went boating yesterday with my brother & SIL. They purchased a eight seater pontoon (sp?) party boat and we went to the lake. It was very windy, but the boat held up just fine out on the waters. We found a small cove were the wind wasn't as rough so we anchored, unloaded the grill and cooked burgers on the boat for lunch. We then continued to boat until evening. It was fun, I was wore out by the time we made it home last night.

I hope everyone is having a safe holiday weekend!

Sherry
09-05-2005, 11:49 AM

We're home from Debbie's and had a great time! We talked,laughed and ate! But ONLY our low carbs stuff!! :D

I'm down another 2 lbs. this morning!!!! This is a total of 14 lbs. since Aug.1st! I love low-carb!!

Gayle...Congrats on your new car!! What color is it? I hear that Saturn's are great cars!! Are you teaching classes anymore?

Dee...Sounds like you are doing great sexy mama!!! You did get the boobs done too, didn't you? Continue to get well and don't try to do more then you're suppose to!

Shelley....Once I get to goal weight, I will eat sweets every once in a while. You shouldn't beat yourself up over eating them. There's no way you can go the rest of your life with no sweets or items that are very fattening. You're doing great! If you want something sweet every week or two ...EAT IT!! :lol: Anyway, the running you do works it off! You have done great and I'm so proud of you!!

Ramona....I know how sad you are right now with the boys being gone again. Especially not knowing where yet! This is the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with too! I want my Son here but then feel quilty because I know he's needed more in N.O. Hopefully we'll both get stronger by this! Love you! :grouphug:

Hello to all the lurkers! I sure miss you all! I hope everyone has a very lazy, relaxing Labor Day! Enjoy!! :)

DebbieA
09-05-2005, 12:14 PM
HI Girls:wave:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. We had a blast with Sherry and Wayne up here. My kids are coming for a cookout today and maybe the last swim of the season.

Prayers for everyone affected by the hurricane.

Hugs...deb

gdeann
09-05-2005, 05:02 PM
Sher, congrats on the weight loss! Super job!!!!!
The dealer had it listed as green, but it is fair from green. To first look at it, the car appears blue but with a touch of green in it, kinda like a spruce color. Not my first color choice (I like light colored cars) but then again, it was within budget. I am not teaching classes anymore, since my mom's illness and a lack of students (everyone wanted classes at different times). I had one lady (older/retired) get upset with me when I asked if we could bump her class up by 1 hour so I could make sure to get Allison from school. I decided right then I was done trying to please everyone.

Dee, I forgot to respond to your question. Gas here is currently $3.05-$3.20 a gallon.

Sherry
09-05-2005, 05:16 PM
Gayle....I understand about you not teaching classes anymore. But I hate to see you not using your wonderful talent.Maybe after your Mom gets well you could try again to teach. I bet your car is pretty! If I would have known in June when I bought mine that gas prices would be like this I wouldn't have bought it!!!!

Our gas prices here are from $3.29 to $3.50! What are we going to do when we can't afford to get to work??!! :yikes:

ShelleyM
09-06-2005, 06:50 AM
Our gas prices are anywhere from $2.99 to $3.19 for reg. I'm going this morning to fill up at Sam's. I'll see what theirs is. The other day I think it was $2.79. Also, we have had people filling up constantly, afraid of a gas shortage. Quite a few stations have been out of gas. I am hoping Sams has some.

Sherry-Great job on the weight loss! You are doing wonderful. Your stomach has been okay on the low carb? I know you had problems with it on WW.

Gayle-Sounds like you had a great weekend. I agree with Sherry. You are much too talented to let it go to waste.

Ramona-I am praying for your boys. They are doing such a wonderful thing for our country. You taught them well.

Debbie-Pool's closing already? Seems like you just opened it!

gdeann
09-06-2005, 09:46 AM
The prices I wrote for gasoline is the regular. I think the premium is running $3.60 or so. Raising gas prices was one of the deciding factors in a new car purchase. The cost of small vehicles here is already rising and large vehicle prices are dropping. I wanted something I could make a car payment on but not need another job or two to put gas into the thing! This car gets upper 20's to lowers 30's, so I guess I can't complain too much. I have heard gas prices spiked and they will now start dropping...

gdeann
09-06-2005, 03:44 PM
I think I'm going to try the WW core program. I have been researching the list and plan on the net. I think I have most of it figured out so I won't have to pay for the online subscription. Shelley, I know you have tried core in the past, how do you feel about the program? I am just sooooooo tired of counting calories, points etc. I like the idea of not counting calories and just eating the allowed foods until satified. I think the hardest part will be to stop at that point and to not over eat.

mzbhavin
09-06-2005, 08:07 PM
Hi everyone ....Sorry haven't been on the boards~~My hubby's aunt died and we had to drive to Nashville for the funeral today. We stayed overnite and i wanted to find Sherry's number and call you girl but we just didn't have time.

We stayed at the Baymont Inn on Whitebridge Rd and Lenox. The funeral was at the Cathederal by Vanderbilt- so Sherry don't know how close i was to you but i hope you heard me yelling HELLO to you and Deb...

I am exhausted and will post tomorrow.

ShelleyM
09-07-2005, 07:03 AM
Vicki-My sympathies to your family.

Gayle-I love Core!! I am still on it. Any questions, just ask! I am actually eating more things on the weekends. Kind of a Core maintenance. I am down to 124-125 lbs and my size 6 pants are hanging on me, so I really think it works for me. Mind you, I do run a lot, though!

gdeann
09-07-2005, 09:35 AM
Will you write out a basic menu you follow for a day for me Shelley? It's my understanding I do not need to measure any of the things on the allowed list and to restrict the other things to the 1 serving/once a day thing? If I eat cereal, I need to add FF milk or yogurt to the meal? All FF dressings are allowed and no need to measure? I think I have most of the info...just making sure...I can't afford right now to join online. The hardest part for me will be to stop when I am satified and not to continue to stuff my face.

Vickster, sorry to hear about your Aunt, it is always so hard to lose our loved ones. Prayers sent... I bet Deb & Sher would of LOVED meeting you!

mzbhavin
09-07-2005, 11:21 AM
Gayle ...I would have loved to have met them someone but we also had the MIL and you know how much i like her.....

Will try and post later.

Vicki

gdeann
09-07-2005, 11:35 AM
You could of just left dear MIL there with the two of them!!! :yikes: :rofl: :fr:

ShelleyM
09-07-2005, 06:38 PM
Gayle-You can still post over there without paying. Here is a sample of my day, but remember I like to eat strange things and I usually eat the same things day, day out.
B-3 hard boiled egg whites. (You are allowed the whole egg, though.)
L-2 slices FF cheese, cottage cheese, oatmeal, banana, 2 hard boiled egg whites
D-tons of lettuce w/ff dressing, chicken or steak, veggie, brown rice.
S-ff/sf pudding mixed in plain ff yogurt. I also eat the ff/sf fudgsicles. I don't count the points in them, but I should.
If I am real hungry, I'll also have a peach or some kind of fruit.

You emailed me the plan, so you do have the basics. Also if you do go to the WW board, there is a core message board. They can get kind of snotty though. Just make sure you don't let them know that you didn't get the plan direct from WW. They get quite mean when someone asks them what the plan is all about. That's why I don't go there very often. I just chime in once in awhile.

If you have any questions, just ask.

gdeann
09-08-2005, 10:26 PM
Thank you Shelley!!! Do you mix up the pudding then add it to the yogurt or just add some of the powder to the yogurt for flavor?? I'm starting core 100% after I go shopping this weekend.

ShelleyM
09-09-2005, 06:50 AM
Gayle-I just add the entire dry box to about 1/2 of a large tub of the yogurt. Also, I just saw a recipe for mixing pistachio pudding, cottage cheese, yogurt, then adding in pineapple at the end. I'm going to try that one also. It's on the Core message board.

Also checkout this site http://members.aol.com/wwkippy/
Click on searchable recipes. You'll be amazed at the info on there.

Deelite
09-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Hi everyone, sorry that I was MIA. I was having more pain and was told to get back in bed and stay there for another week. I was up and around too much and didn't realize even if I wasn't doing anything that I was suppose to be lying down. Now that I have been in bed the last few days I feel better. The nurse said that with any major operation you should be in bed at least two weeks.

Sorry I can't post to you all but it is time to crawl back in bed.

xoxox

4myloves
09-09-2005, 06:00 PM
Dee---STAY IN BED!!! We're thinking of you and we know you're thinking of us (how could you not? :D ) You've had major surgery and you need to take care of yourself. Don't make me fly up there and tie you to the bed!

Love ya,
Cheryl

Sherry
09-10-2005, 01:25 PM

Just popping in for a quick hello. I'm busy cleaning house & washing clothes. To have had last Monday off as Labor Day, This sure has been a hard & long week! I've been so busy & tired when I get home from work I haven't even been wanting to get on the computer!

Dee...Continue to get well! Miss you!! Get some rest!

Vicki...So sorry to hear about your husbands Aunt. I would have loved to have meet you!!! We are about 20 miles from where you were! Maybe someday!!

Hello to everyone else. I'll get back on tomorrow and post to everyone. Love you all....

gdeann
09-12-2005, 12:46 AM
Did the site change while I was away??? What's the deal of the messages posted up above???

I'm all set to CORE...purchased food items over the weekend. I'm making the Tamale Pie for dinner tomorrow night. Thank's Shelley for all the help!

ShelleyM
09-12-2005, 06:42 AM
Gayle-I don't know what messages you are talking about. I'm gonna go back and look around. Good luck today with the start of Core. I'm starting a major flare up of my UC, so I'm not sure what I am going to do. Hopefully, I'll lose a few more pounds because of the flare! I'm going to email you.

Sherry
09-12-2005, 08:00 AM
Good Morning :wave:

Gayle....What do you mean? I'm not sure what you're talking about.
Good luck starting Core! I know you can do it!!!!!!!

Just wanted to brag before I get ready for work!! I lost another lb.!! Down 15 total!!!! :cp:

Have a great day!!! ;)

coles
09-12-2005, 08:23 AM
Sherry - Congratulations on your weight loss you are doing great.
Shelley - I don't know how you stay so focused on your goals!
HEllo - to everyone Else!!

4myloves
09-12-2005, 09:58 AM
YEA SHERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You go girl!

I've been trying to do the "Subway Diet." I'll do well for a while then totally fall off. I've been seriously considering starting low-carb again.

gdeann
09-12-2005, 12:54 PM
GREAT JOB SHER!!!!! YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!!!!!

Okay girls.....you probably think I am a crazy woman, I was seeing things different then you!!! Somehow, my "display modes" (upper right side) ended up clicked on and the mode was changed from Linear to threaded mode. So it showed Shers original message but everyone else was up above and I had to click on each individual posting to read it. I like the Linear mode so much better plus I actually found and resolved the problem to my madness!! LOL!

Cheryl, since you mentioned doing the low carb plan...do you like brown rice, wheat pasta, potatoes? I am starting the core program, basically all foods are allowed by moderation or using extra points allowed to you each week. So, since bread isn't typically a core food list item, you could still have a sandwich and just use a few of your WW points for the bread. The thoughts to the core plan are you are filling up on calorie dense foods such as whole grains, dairy, fruits, veggies, soups etc. so one will eat less. Did I explain it correct Shelley? I have seen it referred to being similar to South Beach phase 2. If you want to start the program with me, feel free to do so. We can both learn together!!!!

I weighed today and the verdict is in....I am offically a 42 year old over-weight woman!!! LOL! Actually, this is TOM for me and I have held my weight over the past two months. I have not watched my eating habits near what I should have but with the exercising, it all balanced out.

DebbieA
09-12-2005, 05:45 PM
Cheryl...

I hope you give low-carb another try. I tried several times and failed until Sherry tried it with me. It has been fairly easy and fun this time, odd words for a diet plan don't you think. LOL.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday.

School is still hectic!!

Hugs...deb

mzbhavin
09-13-2005, 08:11 AM
Sherry ....congrats on the weight loss your are doing fantastic.

Deb....glad you have Sherry there to help you and keep you focused.

Gayle...you made me chuckly with the Verdict is in ....i feel the same way and i think my verdict is the same...heheheheh

gdeann
09-13-2005, 09:41 AM
Vickster, some days I feel so young and others I feel down right old! Most days I feel alot younger then I am...those days I stop and think how OLD I ACTUALLY AM and I get depressed! I have a hard time comprehending I am 42 years OLD! Of course I am also reminded almost daily, I am the oldest one in the household by hubby & the kids... Steve is only 35.

I'll be back, I need to get Allison to school.

4myloves
09-13-2005, 10:11 AM
Yes, I am definately going to go low carb again--it's official! It'll probably be next week before I do, though, because I have to go grocery shopping and all that stuff.

I have a delimma. It's totally personal, so if I get TMI-y on y'all, feel free to let me know. You all know I'm 29, right? I'll be 30 in January. Well, I've been thinking very seriously lately that it's time for some decision-making about whether or not I want to start a family of my own. And I'm leaning toward "NO, not at this time." When I go to the OB/GYN for my birth control next time, I want to talk to her about getting the Depo implants (the kind they put in your upper arm that are time-release). Unless they've changed, the birth control in them is supposed to last five years, which would make me 34-35 when I get them out. Do any of y'all have an opinion (which you'd like to share) about having a baby, or possibly even babies, at that age?

Of course, I'll have to talk to Stewart about it before I do anything like that, but I think he'll go along with whatever I decide. He wants us to be "more settled" before we start having kids.

Opinions?

gdeann
09-13-2005, 10:57 AM
Cheryl, I was 36 when I had Allison compared to 21 when I had Liz. HUGE difference!!!! I am so much more mature and patient then I ever was with Liz. My mother was 37 when she had me, which was very late in life back in those days. I suspect I was an accident... LOL!
Women are waiting longer to start a family, so I really don't see a problem in waiting until your ready. At this age it is kinda cool when some of Allison's teachers are younger then me and most of the room mothers are about the same age as my oldest!! LOL!
Okay...now for the personal stuff.... we use over the counter Ortho Options Conceptrol, I like that I am not putting something into my body every day if I do not need it. There is no waiting so it works great for spur of the moment encounters!!! winkie, winkie...
I tried Depo Prevara (sp?) the one shot thing, after Allison and it made me wacko!!! I was depressed to the point I could be laughing and crying at the same time. I had confusion, hunger, etc. for me it was a nasty thing. I would suggest to do some serious reading before you decide, visit some of the discussion forums on the subject to see if it will work for you.

Allison went to the doctor yesterday and we now have her on an asthma management program. We had to purchase a peak flow machine to monitor her breathing. For her age & height, she should be blowing 240 and can only get to around 100. She now has an inhaler and she is on steroids for 10 days. After the days are up, the doctor wants her to go on singulair, which I priced and it is $60.00-$80.00 a month! YOWZZZAAA!!! We also purchased a nebulizer that we can use here at home for her breathing treatments. Hopefully, as she grows, she will have less and less symptoms.

My mom found out yesterday a really close friend of her's in California has been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. She has accepted she is not going to recover (unless by a miracle) will you all please take one second to say a small prayer for her to have a peaceful end of life experience? I feel for my mother too, they have known each other since birth and are more like sisters then friends. They agreed yesterday over the phone that whichever one makes it to heaven first, she will save a chair for the other. I thought that was kinda cute considering the situation.

I made it day 1 on core!!! Actually, it was really easy, I hope it continues to be!!!!

I hope everyone has a great day!!!

mzbhavin
09-13-2005, 09:53 PM
Hello girls how are things going for everyone tonite.

About 4wks ago I started taking Relaclor and i lost a tremendous amont of belly fat by taking 2pills 3X a day. I have started to have less stress and more willpower to get up and do things i have been putting off. My hubby says he can really tell that i have lost a lot of weight. I am so happy that is started taking them b/c they are geared for those that have access belly fat. I said he thats me so let get some and try it out.
But the Subway Diet sounds good ...hows that work???

well off to bed ....I have a h/a and time for meds.

ShelleyM
09-14-2005, 06:59 AM
Cheryl-I started having my girls when I was 35. I wish I had started when I was younger because I used to get pooped out running after them. Also, I am quite a bit older than other parents, now that they are teenagers.

Gayle-I think most kids do grow out of the asthma. I certainly hope that Allison does quickly. How were your first 2 days on Core?? Do you like it? I think it is one of the healthiest ways to eat. I will pray for your mom's friend.

Vicki-What is Relaclor? Is it a prescription? I think you can look up the Subway diet on Subway's website.

School is about the same. Today I wish I could quit!

Hope everyone has a great day!

coles
09-14-2005, 10:06 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I am still waiting to hear from the Surgeon with a date for operating on my hands. (Carpal Tunnel)

I have been married for sixteen years. On the last long weekend by husband made arrangements to meet his Ex up at a fair and campground for the weekend. I had my suspicions, but it took me about a week of checking phone calls, I called a number I didn't know on call display and a woman answered. I asked her who she was and why she was calling my house. She said her name was Mrs. Reid, and she was calling for her husband about some work for Doug. Yeah right!! I was not born under a Christmas Tree. My daughter finally got the truth out of Doug. She called that woman and called her everything she could think of. When she wouldn't answer the phone anymore, Amanda came over here and called from this phone. Doug says they reminisced about people they knew together. He says he is very sorry, and didn't think I loved him anymore. Needless to say I am totally messed up. I am taking Ativan to cope and going day to day. I am not in a financial position to go it alone, and I don't want to anyway. This is my third marriage.

To top it off I am back up to 176 lbs, so I feel terrible about myself. What is wrong with me that I can't hold a husband or stick to a diet?

Sorry to gripe I just needed to get this off my chest.

Thank you all for being here for me.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_4.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA)

gdeann
09-14-2005, 10:19 AM
Janice, sweetie, don't feel like your not good enough to hold a husband, you just made a few bad choices of husbands along the way. I was stupid enough to marry the same guy twice! Believe in yourself, you are a wonderful person, it is Doug who is screwing up. Do you have any support system in place such as relatives, friends you could stay with for awhile until you decide what to do? I'm thinking of you!!!!
Get things straightened out at home, start feeling better about yourself and the weightloss will follow. HUGS!

Shelley, I LOVE CORE! AM I DIETING????? LOL! I am not hungry and I am actually eating great tasting food!!! Who would of thunk it??? LOL!
I made the tamale pie in the crockpot, so the past two evenings I ate that for dinner. Lunch has been couscous mixed with veggies and salmon. I need to go find something now for breakfast before I go to work. I'm not a breakfast eater, so I'll probably do a glass of milk along with a piece of fruit.

Vickster, if the Relacore is working, I say go for it!!! I have seen it on the shelves and heard it was good for belly fat. Keep us updated on your success!!

Well, I need to get this big ol' butt to work....chat later gators!!!!!!

Sherry
09-14-2005, 06:08 PM
STOP!!!!!!!!!

Please Go To #49.............A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!!;)