Support Groups - Mom's Losing Weight...September

View Full Version : Mom's Losing Weight...September

chrily
09-03-2005, 12:43 AM
Since its Sept. already, I thought we better start a new thread...

Anyhow, Carly, sorry to hear all your family problems with your boys. I got an arguing pre-teen daughter that thinks basically the same way. Its enough to drive a parent insane.

I got my books today. $437 worth. I'm getting used to the idea...my main problem is going to be time management. I'm excited though. Looking through the books, the courses look interesting. I've always loved learning though...with the exception of Science and History. Always hated those.

Tomorrow we work on my mom's house again. I am just overwhelmed with that. I so desperately want her to have a nice comfy, and safe, healthy place to live. It seems like such a long road ahead to get it there. It's harder too, because I feel like I'm neglecting everything around here. My husband brought up a good point though...Why doesn't anyone ever come over here to help me out. I always help my sister's clean or babysit...and I always help with my mom's stuff but no one returns the favor. It doesn't bother me. Its just strange.

Anyhow, I'll check back tomorrow. Tiana has a stomach ache and is to scared to run out tom y husband's work van to get some TUMS.

~chris

carlytaz
09-04-2005, 08:59 AM
hello chris,

how are you?? wow, your books cost a pretty penny huh... well i have been walking still.. and drinking my water again... still not controling my eating all that much but not over doing it either.. if that makes sense..

anyways,, .. good luck in your schooling... i know you will do great... I will check back later..

have a great sunday.....

carly

chrily
09-04-2005, 10:06 PM
Hey Carly,
Been a busy day here. I got Nicole's bedroom all painted and now I just need to buy my wood for the chair rail and it'll be done. I do need to get a new light though. IT is sooo dated. But her dresser has 3 drawers falling apart so the next expense will have to be some new furniture in there.

I also went to my mom's and helped clean out her basement again. We are doing some serious purging there. My brother took another load to the dump and we got all the antiques out of hiding. My sister is having a lady come and see if she wants any of it. The gal owns an antique store so hopefully we can get rid of some of it.

As far as exercising...None, nada, zip, zilch. Unless you count painting. My eating has been good today though. I had cereal for breakfast. A hamburger patty and some watermelon for lunch, and a diet pepsi this afternoon. Just not too hungry today. Thank goodness.

I'll get back to you in a while. Have a great rest of the day!

~chris

carlytaz
09-05-2005, 10:03 AM
hey chris,,,

you are always so busy... do you ever rest... today me, hubby and my daughter need to go to my step dads house and clean it for him.. he pays us a little bit for doing it.. so that will help with food shopping this week.. just hope hubby gets off his lazy butt and goes.. besides helping my dad it helps us.. these gas prices are unbelievable .... wow...

anyways,,, eating has been horrible... walked though so thats a plus... need to really get serious about this whole thing.. my daughter starts school no wed so i have to walk to pick her up everyday.. so that will put even more exercise into my day which i am very happy about...

things will start getting better around here... just need to find that positive attitude ... i use to have it.. not sure where it went...LOL... but i am working on that... this poor mouth thing needs to stop... you sow what you speak ya know.. so its time to change...

well have a great day.. keep smiling... and you are doing so good.. i am very proud of you...

carly

carlytaz
09-06-2005, 06:29 AM
Goodmorning Chris,

I hope all is well with you... well this weekend was ok.. beside a few issue's with my oldest son.. but he has moved out so maybe things will calm down around here a bit...

anyways,, starting today i am going to get back on the wagon ... no sugar and no dairy... i will try for 1 week... at the end of the week i will give myself some kind of reward... maybe buy a new piece of clothing or something.. ya know.. I have not smoked in almost 2 months.. yippy for me... and believe me i wanted to have one the past few weeks with all the stress around here..lol.. but i didnt so that is a big plus...

school starts tomorrow.. finally my daughter is excited about going... man, does that make me happy... i am going to try and be very involved with her this year... i think its going to be a tough year for her...

well anyways,, i hope you are ok.. i will check back later.. have a great day..

and you are doing awesome... :)

Carly

chrily
09-07-2005, 12:37 AM
Carly, I could have sworn I left a post but it didn't submit, I guess. Okay...starting tomorrow, back on the wagon for me too. I've been poopin off again. I don't know why I just can't stay on track with this.

Hey good for you! I'm so glad you quit smoking. I haven't smoked for 7 yrs now. It was sooo hard to quit but I stuck with it and even though I gained a little weight, I"m so glad I did. My MIL quit smoking 13 yrs ago, and she has emphysema. We almost lost her 2 yrs ago, but she rallied around. The gross part is that she was coughing up all this thick black stuff in the hospital. It was residue still in her lungs from smoking...even after all those years. IT was disgusting. After all that, I'll never do it again.

I hope your daughters first day of school went good. Mine are enjoying school so far. Tiana is already having trouble with the same girl she did last year. I'm watching that one close. I'm not going to let it escalate to the point it did last year before stepping in. I just haven't figured out why the girl hates Tiana so bad. Tiana is a very passive kid and she never instigates anything. Her teachers say that when Tiana gets involved in a confrontation, she backs away and goes and does her own thing. So I know she's not that bully kind of girl.

Okay...NO SUGAR AND NO DAIRY! I can do it. I'll check with you tomorrow to see how its going.

~chris

carlytaz
09-07-2005, 06:02 AM
goodmorning chris,

well today is the first day of school.. getting the kids up is going to be so much fun.. anyways...

I kinda screwed up a little bit yesterday... i had a bowl of cereal with milk...lol.. no sugar no dairy... lol.. but i will try again today..

all we can do is keep trying on day I'll get it right..

I am sorry to hear that your daughter already is having some problems,, that just isnt fair.,. hopefully it will get better for her..

well have a great day... i'll check back later... carly

chrily
09-07-2005, 03:15 PM
Carly, HEy good day! I'm sitting on the computer getting my assignments in order so I know what's do and and when. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with this. Maybe its the first day jitters. I hope I get the hang of all this.

The girls are at school and I got so much to do. Tiana's 12th birthday is today. I have to make a cake, wrap her presents, clean the house, do laundry, get started on this homework stuff and....scream!

I haven't eaten any sugar or dairy yet today. In fact, I haven't gotten a chance to eat. That's not a good way to start the day, is it? It's lunch time and I haven't eaten breakfast yet.

I'll check back later. Let me know how your daughter's first day was>.....

~chris

carlytaz
09-08-2005, 06:53 AM
hello,

her first day went ok... she still is telling me she doesnt like it but i will give her some time .. hopefully she will start liking it better . if not then you know i will look deeper into the homeschool..

you will do fine.. first day jitters.. we all get them... have some faith in yourself... how was the birthday party.. 12 is a big deal...my daughter is going to be 13 sept 21.. no more babies for me... they are all grown up.. or almost...lol..

well have a great day i will catch you later... carly

chrily
09-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Carly, Afternoon? Morning? Evening? What time is it? I can't tell if I'm coming or going. I'm working on schoolwork. Sort of. I have my Human Relations assignment done, Intro to Business done, and now I have to read chapter 1 in acct, do the homework for that. I still have a 2 page paper to write for my Human Relations class. For my computer class I have to read pages 2-49, 96-125,135-157 and answer who knows how many questions and then do some work on the internet. I still haven't touched my keyboarding book or 10 key book. What did I get myself into? Doesn't look like their going to let me ease into anything. Work my butt of right from the beginning.

If anything this will keep me busy enough and out of the fridge.... :D I'm taking Tiana and a few of her friends to the movie tonight for her birthday "party". We're going to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I wanna see what the whole hubbub is about.

This weekend is going to be loaded with homework, cleaning, and recharging my batteries. I'm babysitting my dad's cats again. He's doing a walleye tournament this weekend and my stepmom is going with to cheer him and his teammate on. One year he won, and got $5000. I hope he does good.

Okay back to laundry and my homework. Next week should be easier, don't ya think?

carlytaz
09-12-2005, 06:23 AM
morning Chris,

you poor thing busy, busy.. but its all worth it.. just dont let your brain go to mush trying to absorb everything at once.

well my eating still stinks.. but i did clean and walk yesterday so i am trying very hard to stay busy so not to eat so much..
we are thinking about putting our house up for sale and moving to maine.. my brothers live that way.. one in New hampshire and one in Maine.. i just need to make sure we get what we are asking for... for this house or we cant do it.. need to pay off the debt to start over ya know.. little worried about the job thing in maine but my brother says its not as bad as people think... but hey no negitive all positive.. its time for change... nothing wrong with that..

anyways,, i will keep you updated on the status of that.. and my eating have a great day...

carly

chrily
09-13-2005, 01:11 AM
Carly, Boy you are an early riser! It's been soo busy and hectic around here. I have most of my school work done though. I have to turn in a 2 page paper and then I don't have anything due until next Friday. I don't feel so over whelmed this week.

We worked on my mom's house again on Sunday. That seems to be my life anymore: cleaning, homework, housework, chauffering, more cleaning...etc.

I've been sucking bad too with my eating. My time o' the month is due any day now and I have got the sugar cravings like you wouldn't believe. Yes, I've been snitching. Slap me silly, girl! I need a giant cyber slap...or kick inthe butt. You choose. :D

I better get to bed. I'm going to try exercising in the morning before the family wakes up and see how that works for me. Besides, I'm so tired, I can't type straight.

~check with you tomorrow.

chris

carlytaz
09-13-2005, 06:25 AM
goodmorning chris,

sorry i cant slap ya.. i have been doing just as bad... i keep trying to convince myself to stop it.. but i think the more i try to convince myself the worse i get.. ya know what i mean.. so i have to go back to when i very first started.. i about 3 months ago i was very aware of what i was eating and exercising.. depression does this to me all the time.. its time to step out of this depressed state though.. so here we go again... :)

anyways, i hope you have a wonderful day... today..
I have the appraiser coming out to look at my house and give me an estatemate on the value... i guess we are really going to do this moving thing if we can sell our house for enough money to pay off our debt and start with a clean slate... if we cant then i guess its a 2nd job for me for a couple years then we will try again...

my boys will not be coming with us.. one is 19 the other 17 and they dont want to leave here.. my daughter on the other hand is 13 and she really doesnt care... either way.. where i am is where she wants to be ya know..

well anyways,,, i will check back later... have a great day and keep on smilin .. carly

chrily
09-15-2005, 01:15 AM
Carly, maybe we can slap eachother. Sounds like we both are doing the same exact thing. I talked to my husband last night. I told him I wanted to go to this weight loss center at the hospital. I've seen a few people do it with good results. They teach you what to eat, how much, come up with a diet and exercise plan, etc. It's an extra expense but I NEED it soo bad.

I went to my arthritis doctor today. All's well. My white blood cells are down but he's not worried about that unless they keep going down. My feet have been bugging me alot so I get another medicine to add to my collection. If that doesn't work, then I get to do a prednisone taper. 20 days of prednisone and then off. After that, if my feet still hurt, we get to reassess the situation and I may have to go on the high pricey drugs. He says my insurance company will pay pretty good if I have to. The standard price without insurance for the next class of drugs I might have to do is around $1500 a month. No joking. With insurance it's usual a $50 dollar co-pay or so.

I better go. I have to do some more homework and then hit the hay. I have to work tomorrow and...it's just a busy day tomorrow.

~ttfn
chris

carlytaz
09-15-2005, 06:18 AM
goodmorning,

wow, that is alot of money... you poor thing.. i hope you start to feel better soon.. and if the clinic is something you want to do.. you should go and do it.. you need to make you feel better. you seem to take care of everyone else so go take care of you.

how is school??? i hope all is well there.

well i have to go i will try and check back later... carly

chrily
09-17-2005, 02:36 AM
Carly, just wanted to say I"M HERE! I've been busy today. I'll check in with you tomorrow when I'm not so tired.

~chris

chrily
09-17-2005, 11:07 AM
Carly, okay sleeping is good. :D

Yesterday was a busy day. I had to run a bunch of errands and then my sister had me do some things for her. Her little girl picked up some "bugs" from school so I had to get her the stuff to help with that. Bought her a vacuum to do here area rugs and her car, get her paycheck, go pay her insurance, and do all my stuff in-between. My sister is just horrified. She hates that kind of stuff. She's petrified of dog hair so this really has her freaked out. She's been crying and smoking and crying and smoking some more. Poor girl!

Anyhow, last night I went to the Taste of Home Cooking School roadshow with my mom. My brother had gotten tickets but his wife was coaching a volleyball game and he had promised his students in his special ed. class that he'd go watch them play basketball at their school, so he gave the tickets to us. I actually won a prize. They called my name and I got a bag of groceries. Woo HOoo! After that, I came home and took a long bath. I read my textbooks in the bathtub because I don't get distracted by anything. Then I did my homework until 12:30 and went to bed.

I really need to do something about this weight of mine. I actually had a dream that I was getting fatter (which probably closer to reality than I know). I felt so horrible in my dream. I woke up kind of panicky. Monday morning I'm calling that hospital weight loss center. I read up on them on the internet and they come up with meal plans, and a whole program for you to follow and monitor you with lab work and check ups and everything. I think that would help me a great deal. I've been doing WW online and relying on myself, but lately that just isn't working. Time to step up and go to someone and say...I need help.

Okay. Gotta go. I'm going to finish up a paper while I eat breakfast. Spiff up the house a little and go to my mom's to work on spiffing her's up a bit. We're going to organize her sewing room today. My grandmother died 3 yrs ago and left all her sewing stuff to my mom. My mom has been hurting so much the last couple years, she never went through any of it. She got diagnosed with rheumatoid arthrits about 4 months ago. So the doctor says..she's the reason I have it. It has some genetic links. Anyhow, the stuff is just stacked in boxes in the sewing room. Maybe we can get that done, so she can actually use the room and enjoy it.

Okay better get my morning started. Talk to you in a bit. The faster I get outta here the better. My husband and his brother are blowing insulation into the attic today so maybe our heating bills won't be so huge this year. We only have insulation rated as R7 right now. Montana standards in new homes in R36. We're going higher than that and doing R50. That ought to keep us toasty this winter. TTFN and check back with you later.

~chris

carlytaz
09-19-2005, 06:18 AM
Hello Chris,
you are always so busy,,, slow down girl...lol...

the weight lose clinic sounds like a great place to start... i think with that bit of encouragement you will be totally on your way to success... i wish we had something like that around here.. I live in massachusetts and they dont have really anything like that... and if they do it cost way to much to join..

my weight thing went out the window totally this weekend,, i went and spent the weekend with my gram and we went out to eat and had dessert and you know how it goes.. just splurged it up all weekend... but i will start fresh again today...
well i had the apparaiser here yesterday... i should know by wed or thurs what my house is worth... hopefully its a good amount and hopfully we can sell it to pay off all debt and still have enough left to put down on a new home. we want to move to maine... I think i told you.. house there are still reasonable.. and you get land... the winters a a bit colder.. but i guess you cant have everything right.. but we do try ;)
anyways, have a great day.. i will check back with you later... carly

chrily
09-20-2005, 12:01 AM
Carly, I made my appt with the weight loss clinic today. I go in next Wed. for my first appt. They'll do a full health history, a complete physical, a full blood work up, come up with a plan for me and do check ups every two weeks. They check for insulin resistance, diabetes, thyroid problems, etc. I'll even get a metabolic test done to find out how many calories I use in a day and then how much I need to consume to lose weight. I hope this helps me out. I figure if I spend money on it, I'll be more likely to do it. Plus, through this program, I can find out if I do have something medically out of whack with me.

I got a ton of homework to do. YIKES!

I'll check back with you later. My weekend went the same as yours...my eating went out the window and headed south.... ;) I just can't quit eating. Don't know what my problem is.

~chris

carlytaz
09-22-2005, 06:18 AM
hey Chris,

How are you? I hope all is well.

things around here are about the same.. my daughter just turned 13 yesterday no more babies for me. man i cant believe how fast they grow.

well my eating is still horrible.. i wish i could stop that.. i will at some point... i just got that book volumetrics eating plan.. took it out at the library.. it took 2 months for me to get the book so i assume it must be interesting read.. anyways, i am going to read it and see what i can learn from it.. its says you can eat a ton so we will see.. I am just trying to find anything that will get me motivated at this point.

well i need to get going... i will check back later.. have agreat day.. carly

chrily
09-27-2005, 12:35 AM
Carly, sorry, I didn't mean to leave you hanging. It's been a busy last few days. I had a paper due so I worked on that with my sister. Saturday we went to the school carnival at the park (in the rain, I might add) followed by a baby shower, followed by our Parenting w/ Boundaries class, followed by my mom and sister getting baptized. That was all on Saturday. Yesterday wasn't much better. I had to go shopping for my other sister's birthday present and get tiana her stuff for her school project. Then I spent the afternoon helping her and her friend work on the project, follow that up with a surprise birthday party for my sister and you have a very full weekend.

Today I had to work. :( Two more days until I get to the weight loss clinic. I hope they can help me out. My jeans are starting to cut into my stomach. I'd rather be decked out in sweats right now.

How goes the battle with you? BTW, tell your daughter that your "weird" cyber friend in Montana says HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Tiana will be 13 next year. I'm not sure if I'm ready for that yet or not.

I better go. It's relaxing time. I go take a nice hot bath and read...my textbooks. :lol: Nothing quite like that. Soon, I'm going to read a novel again. I hope.

~chris

carlytaz
09-27-2005, 06:14 AM
Hey Chris,

I have missed you.. man, you are way to busy... on the go all the time. I can see why you had no time to get on the computer. the weight clinic will help you.. i bet they have ideas we never even gave thought to.. I cant wait for you to go either.. then you can pass some of those ideas over here to me.

I still am not ready for my daughter to be 13 it seems as soon as her birthday came and went she was a different kid.. more bossy.. you know thinking she is all grown up... it wont last we will put her in her place..LOL...

anyways, today the realestate lady comes to talk with me and my hubby we are actually going to do this.. this is very exciting because.. I never thought my husband would even consider moving out of state, but he is just as excited about the idea. so i do truly hope it works out the way it is planned in my head..LOL...

well I need to go. have to get this house in tip top shape.. have a great day.. i will check back with you later. carly

chrily
09-27-2005, 12:44 PM
Carly, convince your husband you need to move to Montana.... :D

I'm so excited for you. I hope your house sells fast. Where was it you were moving to again? Maine? Maybe a move will help your daughter out too. I know what you mean about the bossy teenage attitude. I think Tiana is already experimenting with it. I get the attitude, the eye rolling, the "i'm not doing THAT!" scream-fests and all that. I'm sceeeerrrreeeedddd. It hards to watch your children grow up.

My hand smells like bleach. EWWWW! I was cleaning the inside of the washer before I did a load of whites. Now I stink! I suppose I better get my buns out of here. I'm going to my sister's house to help her tie up her quilt. Mine's done so now we have to finish here's so we can sell them on ebay.
We need some money to fund our shopping habit. ;)

P/s I'll pass on any weight loss hints I can get from this clinic right to you. Okay? I'm not sure what will all happen tomorrow. I guess the first appt. is getting a medical history, and personal history. That way, they can start working on a plan tailored to me.

TTFN
~luy ya,
chris

carlytaz
09-28-2005, 06:29 AM
Hello Chris..

Well, the real estate agent came and we are on the market today.. we are hoping the house sells fast also.. but i am not sure that will happen.. its all in gods hands.. what is suppose to happen will.

yes we want to move to maine.. my husband is a bit nerves about that because he has never left mass.. but i figure it this way a fresh start is something we really could use.. my daughter is happy about that thought.. my 17 year old son is not happy at all.. he has a girl friend doesnt want to leave mass. I will find him a place to stay for this last year of high school if i have to . but after that i hope he comes to maine..

well today is the big day at the clinic. please let me know how every thing goes. i will check back with you later.. carly

chrily
09-28-2005, 11:46 AM
Carly, Is your husband's family in Mass? I know mine are all here in Billings, and I would find it really hard to leave. Sometimes though, I do think about what it would be like to move. A fresh start would be nice, and sometimes it would be great to get away from family and not worry so much about what they have to say about how I'm leading my life.

YEp, today is clinic day. In about 2 more hours. I'm excited yet nervous. I have the worst case of the jitters when I go to a doctor. My dad calls it "white coat syndrome". :lol: I get it from him. I literally get nauseous and feel lightheaded. Weird huh?

Well I better check on my classes and then get busy. I'll check back later and tell you how it went.

~chris

sharqueen76
09-28-2005, 07:01 PM
Hello Chris and Carly! I too need to get back on the weight loss wagon. I've become so settled in my new job that I'm letting myself go. I want to lose weight and feel GREAT about myself. You both seem like you have a good support team. I was wondering if I could join. I need someone to hold me accountable. I kow I can do this. I have 30-40 pounds I would like to lose as soon as possible.

Chris it's so good to see you! You are busy as always..slow down woman..LOL! What are you going to school for?

I love my new job as a C N A(nurse's aide). I am going for my LPN in a year. I work alot of overtime. The pay is GREAT but the money always seems to go as fast as I make it..uugghh. I better go make dinner. I'm thinking healthy...lol. Today is a new day. I CAN DO THIS! Talk to you ladies soon!

carlytaz
09-30-2005, 06:29 AM
goodmorning ladies,

chris how did the clinic go???

let me just tell you guys.. the past few days have been so busy... I repainted my bathroom and decluttered my house in 2 days.. plus remember i work full time also... I am tired.. i so hope this is all going to be worth it.. the real estate agent is coming today to take pictures of the house.. so that is a good thing.. she already has it listed but would like to add the photo's.

anyways, thank goodness its friday... my eating has been so bad... i have been eating chocolate like everyday... I need to stop that.. so i guess maybe to day is the day.. this probably would be the best time for me to try because i am moving so much trying to get this house in order ya know. I have been drinking my water so thats a plus. i havent walked in like a week... but i am so busy.. what can i do..

how is school going???

well i will chat with you ladies later.. have a great day..

carly

carlytaz
10-02-2005, 09:46 AM
hello,

where is everyone????? Chris!!!!!!!!!I hope everything is ok with you ...

have a great day... carly

chrily
10-02-2005, 08:33 PM
OH this sucks! I left a huge post the other day and it ain't here. Anyhow, Jeniqua-Glad to see you back. And I'm very happy that you like your job and things are going good for you! What happened with your husband? Did you get divorced? How's the little munchkins?

Carly-The clinic went good. I'm on a 1400-1500 calorie a day protein based diet and this is day 2 and I'm feeling pretty good. I'm supposed to be getting 10,000 steps a day in, or 1/2 hour exercise. That is going to be my hard part. The sick thing is that I found out my body is 44.1% fat right now. Scared me... :o And I'm supposed to make sure I take a vitamin, drink 6-8 glasses of water a day and have 3 meals, and 3 protein based snacks aday. I will say, I haven't had the shakes for the last 2 days so I must need the extra protein. I'll find out more stuff at my next appt. I go back in 2 weeks to check my progress and then I get to see the nutrition educator. My problem is...I"m not much of a cook. I suck at that.

Well today we took the kids to the circus. Ringling Bros. They enjoyed it. The kids wanted sno cones though in these circus cups. They wanted $10 a piece for them. HEck no! I couldn't believe that.

I gotta go. I have 2 more assignments to get in before tomorrow. I'll chat at you girls later.
~chris

carlytaz
10-03-2005, 06:48 AM
hello ladies,

chris.. I am glad you havent had the shakes in a few days... maybe know that you are eating what you need you will not have them again that would be a plus...

10 bucks for a sno cone.. they are crazy... things in this world are getting way out of hand... everything is way to much money...

anyways, my eating still is bad... but i am working on it.... i stained my back deck yesterday.. so i figured that was my exercise for the day.. i used mucsles I didnt even know i had...

well have a great day... chat with you later...carly

chrily
10-04-2005, 12:53 AM
Carly, I had to re-read your post a couple of times. I thought you strained your back...not stained your deck. :dizzy: :lol: :dizzy:

Color me dumb! I am getting so far behind in my computer class already. I have 70 more assignments to do by the 16th. I figured they were easy little things to do...they are, but they are also very time consuming. I'm trying. Hubby is mad at me and says I'm a grouch. I don't mean to be...

Well so far so good with this eating plan. I haven't had the guts to step on a scale yet but I know I don't feel as bloated and I do feel better. BONUS! I suppose I should scoot. I need to relax in the tub and read my INTRO TO BUSINESS homework. What a way to relax. Sick huh?

Talk to you tomorrow. I am getting my hair cut in the morning. I let it go way too long and I look like a wet pup all the time now. CHop chop...

~chris

carlytaz
10-04-2005, 06:33 AM
Chris... get to work girl friend... all those little assignments are just adding up huh... you poor thing.. you will get them all done... glad to hear the eating plan seems to be working.. you dont have to step on a scale... your feeling betther that is what counts... that is the ultimate goal... ya know..
today is a new day so i am going to start over... I have been eating chocolate like its going out of style the past couple weeks... so its time to stop that... i exercised a little last night so thats a step back in the right direction... I really need to make sure i stay away from the sugar stuff.. i was feeling so much better when i was doing that... well i should go... have a great day... i will chat with you later.. Carly

chrily
10-05-2005, 01:22 AM
Carly, I swear eating extra protein has really helped me out with the sugar and chocolate cravings. Have you ever bought protein bars? That's what I've been snacking on and they sure do the trick for me. Plus the have some good flavors. I got a couple boxes of Peanut Butter Chocolate bars and a Lemon Yogurt flavored one...YUM! Just a thought. Or eating cheese for snacks or ff yogurt (sweetened with Splenda) or cottage cheese does help too..I've noticed.

I did step on the scale this morning, just out of morbid curiousity. I am down 4 lbs. since Friday. The doctor said it would come off fast for the first couple weeks and then slow down to 2 lbs a week. I'm not feeling deprived or anything, so that's a bonus.

I've gotta go. It's bedtime for me. We have a mega snow storm happening. My MIL just lost power at her house. Hope they get her's back on soon. She's on oxygen 24 hours a day. Her machine needs some power to run. She does have some regular back up tanks, but still....

~Chris

carlytaz
10-05-2005, 06:42 AM
hello Chris,

I have heard that you should eat more protien... so maybe i will try that.. I didnt do to bad yesterday... I ate brown rice and beans for breakfast and lunch... and had bbq chicken, broccoli and potatoes for supper... I did cheat and have a little piece of chocolate... but i think that was out of pure habit...lol. but that is still much better then i have been doing so i a happy with that.. i have only been drinking like 32oz of water a day.. that has to change... but i will get back on the band wagon...

I am so proud of you.... 4 lbs already.... that is just great.... ;you are my inspiration... thank you... I will go get some protien bars see if that helps me... i do need to get snacks that wont put on the weight... I am a secretary and you know excatly where the weight goes... they dont say secretary but for nothing ya know... :lol:

well you are doing wonderful i am very very proud of you..... keep up the great work...

ITS SNOWING ALREADY....WOW....

HAVE A GREAT DAY... CARLY

chrily
10-07-2005, 01:12 AM
Hey Carly, I just had to pop in and say hi. I've got to get to bed though. I am babysitting a truckload of kids tomorrow and my sister. She had her wisdom teeth out today (all 4 of them) and is pretty doped up. I get to babysit her and her 2 kids, and my other sister's 3 kids, plus mine. I'm going to be ready for the funny farm after tomorrow.

I really like the protein bars. They make me feel like I'm cheating because they taste like a candy bar and I don't miss all the junk food. I really like them. The clinic I've been going to has these special cappachino protein drink mixes and I tried one last night...OH YUM! I didn't think they would taste that good but I was wrong

I better go, whether I want to or not. I have a busy day tomorrow and need all the rest I can get. TTFN, and I'll check back with you tomorrow. Chug chug chug that water. :) BTW, Thanks for not abandoning me on this website. I'm glad we're able to chat almost every day. You're a great support buddy.

~chris

carlytaz
10-07-2005, 06:31 AM
Hey Chris,

No thanks needed... you give me just as much support... sometimes it only takes two people to talk to get the job done... ya know what I mean.. anyways, you are going to be so busy today.. you poor thing... way to many kids for me... i would rather go to work thanks...LOL....

anyways, I am going to try and pick up some of those protein bars this weekend.. I have been watching alot of fit tv.. and house calls is the show.. and they have these things they call 2 minute snacks.. and they are usually protein packed... so i think there must be something to this protien thing...

did they take a way white foods.. like potates, bread, ect... if so how do you substitute them... that is where i have such a problem because this is a meat and potato kind of home.. has been for 20 years...

any help would be greatly appreciated....

well have a great day.. keep up the great work...

carly

chrily
10-08-2005, 01:43 PM
Carly, the diet I'm doing doesn't take away the white stuff. You just modify it a little. Like at lunch you eat 1/2 a whole grain sandwich instead of a whole one. And like for dinner you can have a 4 oz. potato, 1/2 cup of rice of pasta but not combined and you make sure you eat protein when you eat these foods. The white stuff has a tendency to make your insulin level spike and the protein foods keep your insulin level requlated during the day so you don't get those awful cravings and such.

I weighed myself this morning and I did indeed lose 5 lbs. this first week. Granted, the dietician said it would level off to a 1-2 lb lose after the first couple weeks, but this is more weight than I've lost in a year so it's exciting.

I did find that South Beach has protein bars in the grocery stores around here, in the cereal isle by the granola bars, and also in the diet section. They are fairly reasonably priced too.

I gotta get back to cleaning my roon. I rearranged the furniture so I would quit bumping into my dresser at night and I have everything strewn all over the place. What a mess! I'll check back later. I have my parenting class at church tonight so I was trying to get as much stuff done today as possible. This afternoon I might actually get some time in to do some more homework.
I have one assignment due tomorrow and then working on my computer assignments. I made a big dent in those on Wednesday....

~chris

carlytaz
10-09-2005, 08:48 AM
Chris.. how great is that 5lbs lost... I am so proud of you..
as usual you are extermely busy.. dont you ever have a down day..

well I did ok yesterday with the eating... spent most of the day cleaning the house... then i had to take gram to the hospital and they admitted her.. I will be going to see her shortly..her sugar level was 581 and her white blood count was 70000.... not good.. the doctor told her how lucky she is to be still alive after a year because of her pancreatic cancer... they are doing all kinds of test on her.. to find out if there is an infection somewhere...

you know i was thinking .. things inmy life where starting to kinda fall into place.. me and hubby have a plan.. we know what we want to do.. sell the house move to maine... have a slower life style.. ya know.. then all of a sudden after 9 years my dogs end up with fleas.. they are all through the house we are trying to get rid of them but nothing is working..

then my son who is 17 keeps telling us we are abandoning him. making me feel really bad... and know gram in the hospital..

I really wish i could figure out why these things happen everytime i think i am on the right track... ya know what i mean...

well this is my life... and its ok... i will get past all of this... just keeping the faith..

well please have a great day... i will try and check back later...
and i am so very proud of you .. keep up the great work....carly

carlytaz
10-12-2005, 06:33 AM
hey Chris,
where are ya,,,,, I hope all is well... I will check back later.. carly

chrily
10-12-2005, 01:49 PM
Carly, I'm in your boat now. My sister's kids got head lice from school...and now my kids have it. I am going bananas. That's why I haven't been on here. Between all the nit-picking, lice treatments and cleaning...YIKES! I'm having my sister come over today to check me out. I can deal with the kids but I can't see my own head.

If it isn't one thing, it's another around here. ;) I'm not sure what's worse, fleas or lice. Nasty little parasites anyhow.

Things will get better, I swear. You're life will level out and be more normal....soon. I'm sending you some feel happy ((vibes)).

I think I'm not going to wait for my sister. I'm going to get the junk in my hair and do the best I can. I have so much more cleaning to do but I don't want to do it until my hair is OKay....

~chris

carlytaz
10-13-2005, 06:54 AM
hello Chris,

you poor thing... yeah lice is just as bad if not worse then fleas...yuck...

its that time of the year when the kids bring home everything..
thank you for the happy vibes..lol... i need that... I think my mind and body had enough yesterday... all day i had a headache... then my stomach went bananas till finally i got home at 5:15 and went to bed.. no supper no nothing.. so my eating wasnt to bad yesterday...lol.. i slept all night until 4:30 this morning when the alarm went off...i think the stress of things are getting to me.. its time to just let them go.. what will be will be right....

my poor hubby... i feel bad for him.. his mom told him that is he moves to maine she will not drive to see him... and telling him how its not the much more cheaper to live there... in some respects no its not but in others it is.. ya know what i mean.. I wish she didnt say that to him.. he is such a good guy i know that hurts his feelings..

anyways, good luck with getting done with the lice clean up.. keep smiling today will be a good day... catch ya later... carly

carlytaz
10-14-2005, 06:30 AM
Hey Chris,

Must still be battle of the bugs at your house... you poor thing.. I hope all is going well.

just thought i would check in and see how your doing. things are ok around here.. the eating is still off.. which i really need to get back on the band wagon. because i am starting not to feel good.. because i am not eating the way i should.. which in turn makes me tired and cranky... etc..etc...

well today is a new day... I hope you are doing well with your eating.. i bet you are... well have a great day talk with you later... carly

chrily
10-14-2005, 08:37 PM
Just a quickie...I have to get dinner made. We're going to the corn maze tonight. It's haunted and its a blast.

ANyhow, I did my weigh in today at the clinic. I am down 6.5 lbs. WOO HOO!
I am so excited, it almost makes me forget about the bugs...almost.

But I really have to go. I'll catch up with you tomorrow. I almost have all my homework completed, so I'll have some play time tomorrow.

TTFN,

~chris

carlytaz
10-15-2005, 08:42 AM
Chris,,,,

I am so proud of you on the weight that is so great....

did you have fun at the maze? I certainly hope so... I keep forgetting its so close to halloween... what is wrong with me.. I am just not with it these days.. anyways, today i have to go in to work for a couple hours.. yuck.. but hey thats why i make the big bucks right...not.....lol...

my husband and his friend are going to paint the living room while i am working so that will be nice ... on oct 25 we are haveing an mls tour of our house.. I am not to sure what that is but the real estate agent is going to call and talk to me about it... so for the next week its clean and hide things away... and hopefully the rain stops so we can clean the yard... so i will be a bit busy this next week... then next weekend we are going to New hampshire for the weekend .. because my husband has a job to do with my brother.. so i am pretty busy for a little while...maybe with all this running around i will drop a little poundage...lol... that would be nice..

well i have to get ready to go.. have a great day... carly

chrily
10-15-2005, 02:52 PM
Carly, I think an MLS is a multi-listing. At least that's what it is around here. I think it's were any real estate agent can sell your house, but your realtor gets a commision from it? Don't quote me on that, but that was always my understanding.

We cleaned our little hearts out today too. I have some homework to do and food to buy. My BIL is in town and we're having a BBQ tomorrow. He's got lung cancer so everybody likes to get together when he's here.

Okay...back to the world of me. I'm hoping we have the bugs under control. I keep checking everyone's heads and washing everything to death. So far, no more bugs or eggs. Thank heavens!

Well I guess I better go. My darling man ran to the store to get lunch stuff and he'll give me a bunch of crap if he sees me on here. I'll get my "quick" "www.online" harassment for the day... :D

~chris

debsturn
10-16-2005, 09:20 PM
Hi! My name is Deb and I am wife and mother of one boy (6yo). I have over 100 to lose but my first goal is lose 50 or 60 so I can start trying to have another child.

I am a teacher, so I work outside the home and bring lots of work home!

May I join your group?

Chris-the bug thing............going on around here....someone was telling me that their sister got it while visiting (the kids) and they went to to Wal-Marts and they were out of the stuff. They finally found some at a drug store and the guy said they were going fast. I guess it's that time of year.

Have a super day!

Debs

chrily
10-17-2005, 02:37 AM
Debs, sure you can join in! We'd love to have you. My name is Chris and I'm a stay at home mom, going to school for an accounting degree, over worked and under appreciated... :D I have 3 daughters, 12, 6, and 3. What a handful.

I've lost 22 lbs so far and I am looking to lose about 50 more. I'm going to a weight loss clinic sponsered by our local hospital and am under the care of a doctor. That has helped me out alot. I'm on a protein diet, because I have a bad reaction to carbs. I get the shakes and can't think clearly or function normally if I eat too many of them. THe protein really helps me out with that.

I'm looking forward to hearing more from you. P/S I'm hoping we have the "bug" issure all handled. I haven't found any on anybody's melons for a few days but I still fill all itchy. Must be a bad mental reaction to this. I keep hearing its the season. I'm just freaked out about it because I've never had to deal with it before. All I have to say is EWWWW! And I am sick and tired of laundry.... ;)

Hi Carly! What's up girl? Haven't heard from you all weekend. Dh might have to go to the doctor tomorrow. He's got severe acid reflux that has caused scarring in his esophogus. They did surgery a few years ago to open it back up, but now he's choking on food again and its getting stuck midway down when he eats. Well he's been coughing up tissue for the last few days and now its streaked with blood. It it isn't one thing... I hope he's okay. He's a procrastinator too...he puts going to the doctor off as long as he can. Not me..if I"m sick, I want to know all about it, no matter if its loaded with bad news or good.

I better get to bed. I have work tomorrow and sleep is hard (I'm on prednisone for a couple weeks to kick my arthritis back a bit).

~chris

carlytaz
10-17-2005, 06:45 AM
Hi deb..

glad to have you with us... I work full time outside the house and just hate it...lol.. i have 3 children son 19.. son 17 and daughter 13.. I am just trying to get healthy... as of lately i havent been doing very good...lol... but hey today is a new day.. I am not considered over weight just really unhealthy...

we are happy to have you join us... the more the merrier...

hey Chris...

sorry i havent checked in this weekend... been painting the living room and getting that all together.. had to work on saturday... then yesterday.. what a day.. i woke up to my dog collapsing on the floor.. she seems to be holding her own at the moment but i am not sure how long we will have her with us.. she is 11.... i feel horrible cuz we dont have the money to take her to the vet right at the moment.... hopeing she will be ok.. until the end of the week..

then to top that off i get a call from my boss needing me to watch his two babies cuz his oldest 15yr got hit in the head with a door and they where rushing her to boston childrens hosp. she is doing ok know.. just need to keep a close eye on her..

the flea thing around her is almost under contol.. i am so happy about that..

well have to get ready for work.. i will try and check in tonight...

Chris keep up the great work... I am just so proud of you.. you are my hero...

Deb hope to hear from you soon...

have a nice day.... Carly

carlytaz
10-18-2005, 06:15 AM
goodmorning.

I hope everyone had a nice day yesterday... mine was ok.... worked then came home and worked somemore.... trying to get this house in order just in case the real estate lady calls and wants to show it,.. today would not be the best day that is for sure...lol.. but oh well it will get done...

so chris... how is you more protien diet going... sounds like it is really working for you.. could you please give me some ideas on what you eat through out the day... I think i might try this more protien thing... are you eating more veggies and fruits also...???? how many cals are you allowed aday... ???

I'm like always hungry need to figure out a way to feel full without stuffing myself ya know...

well have a great day.... your doing greattttttttttttttttttttttttttt.......carly

chrily
10-18-2005, 12:07 PM
Carly, I'll try to explain this the best I can.

Calorie level is around 1,300 a day...but don't go below 1000.

Breakfast: A low-fat high protein breakfast around 200-300 calories:
I have a list of items I can pick from (I can pick 2 for breakfast ): Whole wheat toast with p/butter, oatmeal, fruit, cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, 2 egg whites plus one egg yolk, 1/2 egg subsititure.

Snack: Protein dense snack. I use the protein bars. Mine are around 150 calories and 10 g. of protein.

Lunch: 250-300 calories. Protein dense, low fat.
1/2 whole wheat sandwich with meat (2 oz. of deli meat), low-fat soup, yogurt, salad with c. of veggies, cheese, cottage cheese, fruit.

Snack: Protein dense snack. Once again I use a protein bar, but you can eat 2 oz. of chicken or turkey, shrimp, lean ham, 2/3 cup not-fat cottage cheese, 3 poached egg whites (YUCK!) 2 egg whites w/ 1 egg yolk, 1 oz. cheese, 8 oz.of low-fat sugar free yogurt.

Dinner: 400-500 calories
Meat is around 200 calories and 28 g. of protein: 4 oz. of read lean meat, 5 oz. of white meat chicken or turkey (no skin), 6 oz. of fish, or 8 oz. of shrimip.
Veggies: Combine any of these to make up 100 calories: 1 cup cooked or raw vegetables (35 calories), 1 c. lettuce (10 cal), 1 cup spaghetti sauce (100 calories in Classico, Hunt's, Barilla, Or Healthy Choice). 1 TB of dressing that is 10-20 per serving..check labels!
Fruit or a starch but not both! (This will equal roughly 100 calories) 4 oz of banana, 10 oz. of melon or strawberries, 5 oz of grapes, other fruits are 6 oz.
2/3 c. corn or peas, 1/2 cooked pasta, 1 tortilla (Check labels), 1/2 c cooked rice, 1/2 c. cooked legumes, 1 1/2 oz. of bread, or a 4 oz. potato.

Snack: Protein Snack if you're hungry...

Just remember to weigh everything and use portion control. Drink 6-8 glasses of water a day. Take a multi-vitamin, and exercise a minimum of 30 min. a day.

Anyhow, Carly and Deb...That is it in a nutshell. Let me know what you think.

chrily
10-18-2005, 12:08 PM
OOPS on the lunch ideas...ONLY PICK TWO ! of the options.

See what I get for not proof-reading... :D ;) :D

~chris

ChrissyL
10-18-2005, 04:55 PM
Helloooooo!!!!!!!!

Been awhile since I have been on :( I have lost all faith in loosing weight right now, as a matter of fact I'm stuck at 209.5 right now, have been for awhile. Since my hubby got sick I have not been able to loose, he's been out of work now since June 30th..no pay! PA is a state that does not give temp disability unless you are out for 12 mos or more...permanent disability if you are dead! Only companies that offer their employees temp disability get it, my husbands company does not...we are wiped out, I mean wiped out of our savings now...they are saying it will be at least Feb that he can go back to work, as he needs to meet with a neurologist now :( So I'm not around but I think about ya girls alot. I'll pop in again when I can.

carlytaz
10-19-2005, 07:17 AM
hey Chris...

Thank you so much for the info... sound like your doing very well... and i cant see how anyone can be hungry... i think i am going to go this route for a while.. see if the protien thing helps me... because i am always hungry...lol... but always eat the bad things ya know..:)

hi Chrissy,,,

sorry to hear that your life is turned upside down .... I hope things turn around for you soon.. stress sometimes puts our bodies at a stand still... but once things start getting better i know it will be no time at all when your weight will be falling off ya.... i hope you have a nice day today... and keep your chin up...

have a great day!!!!!!!
carly

chrily
10-19-2005, 01:15 PM
Carly, Hope the information helps. It has made a difference for me.

Chrissy-Sorry to hear about things for you. Hopefully they will look up soon. It must be so hard on you. We're always here if you want to chat or vent or whatever....

~chris

carlytaz
10-20-2005, 06:15 AM
Hey Chris...

I think it will help i just need to get some money and get to the store...any how have you lost any this week... I think i have maybe lost about a pound or 2 my pants aren't as tight.. i have been walking again.. i think that help alot. i do need to start drinking water again.. i have kinda stopped doing that.that is next on the getting healthy train..lol... well i hope you have a great day.. i will check back later....carly

carlytaz
10-25-2005, 10:20 AM
hello Chris,

I hope all is well with you,,,, you havent been around in a while...

well i will check back....

carly

chrily
10-25-2005, 12:42 PM
Carly, I lost 1 more. I'm at 200.5 now. Today is D day for me...It's time for that stupid yearly exam that women hate. I got treated for cancer cells 2 years ago, so if I wasn't still worried about that stuff, I wouldn't go.

This afternoon is the usual. We're driving all over town to collect our clues to find the pumpkin thats worth $500. WOuldn't it be great if we found it.

I always have a hard time staying on track too with my eating when money is low. So I totally understand where you're coming from. I need to pump up my exercising. I did a 25 min. walk at work yesterday during my break but as my avatar says..I"m a chronic exercise avoider. I absolutely love to walk. I just can't find a good way to fit it in to my day. It's hard with kiddos.

Okay..gotta go and get some laundry folded before my doctor appt. I'll check back later.

~chris

carlytaz
10-26-2005, 06:26 AM
hello Chris,

well i am glad to see you showed up... i was hopeing everything was ok...

I hope the doctors appt went well.. my eating is getting a little better.. everyday do a little better i think i will be on the right track in no time...

congrats on another pound down.. that is just wonderful...

well we finally turned the heat on in the house.... that pretty much bummed us ok... lol.. but what can you do.. right...

well have a great day.... i will check back later

carly

chrily
10-27-2005, 10:24 AM
Hi Carly, I just wanted to say hi and that I'll check in later today. I Have to work. Yesterday was a busy one. I had to babysit for my sister and then get Kayla to choir practice and Tiana to a Halloween party at another church. After that I went with my sister to take her son to the doctor. He was wheezing, running a fever, and then we found out he has an ear infection. Poor little guy.

I found out yesterday that I cannot be trusted around sweets. I helped make cupcakes and cookies with my sister...and sampled some (like 5 cookies). I CANNOT even be around that stuff. I supposed I better get my butt in gear and finish getting ready for work. I leave in 1/2 hour and the farthest I've gotten is sitting her with a towel on my head, jammies on, glasses still on, and no make up. Think I"m behind????? ;)

Talk to you later...LEt me know how things are going for you? Are you trying to eat more protein? Exercising? How the kids?????

~chris

carlytaz
10-28-2005, 06:07 AM
hey Chris,

wow sounds like me with the sweets thing.. if they are around me i just have to eat them... but i have been doing a little better.. eating a bite more protien. so thats a plus.. i have been walking everyday but let me tell ya for some reason i have been so cranky and moody.... my poor hubby is getting the crap everyday.. thank goodness he loves me..LOL... the kids are doing alright.. my 17 year old son is having some issues in his life that he will not talk to me and my husband about.. he is very upset that the house is on the market... but ya what can ya do... we just are not making it here its time to try some where new and hopefully its the correct move.. i so want him to come with us.. but i dont think he will...

well anyways,,, i will check back with you later... I hope you have a nice relaxing day today...

talk to you soon.. carly

mamamoore4
10-28-2005, 08:44 AM
Hello ladies. I was hoping to join. I was a member of this thread last year and I loved it and was addicted to it, but things went sour and I chose to leave but was also asked to leave. But I checked out the postings and the ladies that had problems with me don't seem to be around.
Chris was here then but I don't think or at least I hope she didn't have problems with me. Jeniqua and I became buddies and chatted afterwards a bit too. But Carly, Deb and Chrissy are new.
My name is Crystal, I'm a 28 year old stay at home of 5 kids. I live in TExas where I homeschool. When I was a member the last time, I was going through some very tough times as well as my last pregnancy so my hormones were wacky. I'm pretty sure I'm back in action now.
I started myself at 210 lbs. a few months ago and I've lost 25 pounds and am down to 185. I feel great but I still have 40 pounds to go and with the holidays coming around and I LOVE to bake and have goodies I'm having trouble. Now my meals are still sensible and I'm still exercising so it's just the little snacking that's getting me. So the way I see it is my goal for the holiday season is to maintain my loss and if I continue to lose that's just a plus. If I maintain my loss, which maintaining is harder, than after the holidays I'll be very proud of myself and be more motivated to keep losing.
Since I've shared everything with y'all, I hope you don't mind if I join.
Thank you. HOpe to hear from someone soon.
Crystal

carlytaz
10-29-2005, 10:30 AM
hello Crystal,

glad to see you here.... you do have to tell me how you lost your weight.. i am having such a hard time.. i have about 20lbs or so to lose.. i am very unhealthy,,, i need to learn to eat right and put more exercise into my day.. i do walk about 20 minutes a day.. and i try to drink my water.. lately will power has gone out the window.. so any suggestions you could share would be wonderful..

Hey Chris,

How are you today? I hope you are having a nice day,,,
yesterday for me was a bit rough.. my 17 year old son, had a car accident he is ok.. but his car is totalled,, he is very depressed about that.. i do feel bad for him.. i dont think it was his fault.. he was smashed between to trucks..when i saw the car i just about fainted... it was amazing to me that he is ok.. not even a scratch... someone was watching over him... what a way to put your life in propective huh.. but anyways,,, today i feel pretty good i am going to try really hard to eat right.. and drink my water...and maybe even throw in some exercise...

well i hope you have a great day.. how is the family???

ladies have a wonderful day and keep up the great work.. i am so proud of you... any one who can stick to any kind of lifestyle change is my hero....

check back later...
carly

chrily
10-30-2005, 12:12 AM
Evening ladies...This weekend is going sour fast. Nicole is very sick again. She caught a cold from my nephew and now she has a fever, vomiting, wheezing, coughing...you name it she has it. It's her usual stuff. She does it everytime she get a cold. It just means more treatments with the nebulizer.

Carly-Wow! I bet the accident scared you to death. I know I would have been crying. My babies aren't close to driving age yet. Thank God! Other than that, how are things going for you? How is your house selling going?

Crystal-Hey chick! Did you get your house finished? Bet its quite a change from your little home. Let see if I can remember your kids...Andrew, Ally, and (I know there all A names...grrrr) My memory isn't so good. Sounds like your doing good on the weight loss game. I have fluctuated and am on my way down again...hopefully for good. I'm at 200 now. I was stuck at 201 forever and then jumped up to 207. I went to a weight loss clinice sponsered by a local hospital and have been doing that for 3 weeks now. So I guess I lost 7 lbs. so far.

I better go. My rheumatoid arthritis is giving me fits lately and my arms are aching. Must be from all my homework and I've been sewing for the last few days too. I got Kayla's halloween costume done and 2 pairs of pajama pants done for her. The kid was lacking in clothing. Nicole is too, but I put some stuff on lay away at Kmart. When Kelly gets paid I'll have to get it out. All her stuff is getting so small. Her little buddha belly is poking out the bottoms of most of her shirts and her pants are turning into high waters. She's growing so fast. People mistake her for being 4. The kid is barely over the 3 yr old mark. Yikes.

~chris

mamamoore4
10-30-2005, 07:29 AM
Hi Chris. Surprised you remember me, but am glad you do. Your memory isn't so bad, it's in order from oldest to youngest. Alisa, Ally, Andrew and Allison. She's the new one. Hope you don't mind if I join in. Yes we got the house finished and moved in at the end of June.
Sorry about your weight, but if you're on the way down then you are doing great. Way to go. As soon as you break that 200 mark you will be on the road to victory.

Carly, well I lost my weight just the way you said it. Eat better and exercise. But I don't like walking I don't fee the attributes from it. So I started by jogging a mile, sometimes walking 1/2 a mile. Every other day I'd do sit ups and arm weights. My exercise has been lacking but not too badly. The cool weather came to Texas and I don't like jogging in it. So now I ride my stationary bike for at least 30 minutes and then do the other things. I don't always fit the other stuff in because I do have 4 kids so sometimes 30 minutes is ALL I get. And it's the holiday season and I LOVE to bake. So I'm making sure my meals are sensible and I may snack on some holiday goods during the day but also exercise. My goal for the holidays is to maintain my loss and any more loss is just a bonus. Alot of my other snacks are sugar free. I cut sugar out for the first month abou t95%, now I'd say I cut it out about 50% and white flour about the same. I don't eat chips and packaged goodies, unless they're sugar free, and I eat only whole grain bread and low sugar and low sodium peanut butter. More fruits and veggies sometimes.
So that's it really. I think I revved up my metabolism and now my strategies have lessened a bit but I'm still losing. So I honestly believe that if you can jump start your metabolism and slowly back off but still follow a better plan than before, you can do it.
Hope that helps.

Everyone have a great day.

carlytaz
10-30-2005, 09:32 AM
goodmorning ladies,

well as usual Chris you have your hands full... you always have something going on in that house of yours.. dont the kids just grow up way to fast...

anyways,,, congrats on the 7lbs i didnt realize it was that much already.. i am so proud of you keep up the great work...

crystal... thank you for the info.. i will try to kick start my metab again.. in the summer i was doing a bit better.. not to sure what happened.. i just think its the stresses of life catch up with you and there are those people like me who just eat when upset.. man... i must be upset alot..LOL.... better get that under control..

regarding the house: no one has looked at it... i dropped the price hope that gets some one in here. me and hubby have decided that all the work we have done to the house if no one buys it at least we have everything done for ourselves.. ya know what i mean... the only disappointing thing at the moment is ... i have found a house that i so want to go and look at.. i know i can put an offer in and if they accept i can put in the p&s a continginces clause stating has to wait for my house to sell.. but i am afraid mine will not sell.. so my heart would be broken..lol... so i am waiting and hoping that something starts to happen soon... we will see.. wanted to sell and be moved before the holidays.. not happen... and i have no patiences... lol..

well have a great day i will check back later

carly

chrily
10-30-2005, 10:11 PM
Hey ladies...I weighed myself this morning and I was at 198. Woo Hoo!

Today we painted, shampooed the carpets and did little odd jobs around the house we've let stack up. Kind of stuck at home with Nicole being sick. Kelly went with his brother to the haunted house tonight. He never gets out to do anything without the whole family tagging along and his brother lives a few hundred miles away so I hope they enjoy themselves. I just didn't feel like scaring myelf to death tonight... :)

So the evenings activities are simple...just messy. We're going to carve pumpkins. :) :lol: :)

Tomorrow we might have to take my one kitty in to the vet. He was laying around all day yesterday and threw up a few times in the night and now he's barely moving. He looks like he hurts somewhere. He's my favorite cat. He's such a comical little dude. I hope its not serious. I'm hoping someone didn't poison him. THAT would make me furious!

Okay..time to find some newspaper, bowls, cutting tools and the fun stuff. Talk to you gals tomorrow.

Hey KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK LADIES!

~Chris

carlytaz
10-31-2005, 06:30 AM
CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS CHRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE DOING SO GREAT.. IT'S ALL THAT GOOD PROTIEN YOU ARE GIVING YOURSELF.

and as usual you did sound quite busy this weekend... i hope your daughter is feeling better today... and the kitty too.. a couple weeks ago my dog was like that.. i really thought she was going to die.. it was bad.. she is 11 and you never know with older dogs.. but she has bounced back and seems to be do quite well these days.. i do hope that continues..

well lets see ... yesterday.. i shampooed my carpets.. cleaned and scrubed my bathroom and racked my yard... what a job that was... trying to again get the house in order because on tuesday we are having that mls tour.. last week they canceled because of bad weather.. so tonight when i get home from work.. i have to.. clean kitchen/ wash floor, living room/shampoo carpet and clean my daughters room... that isnt to bad.. i suppose it could be worse..lol... i just hate doing anything after work.. so this should be fun..lol..

i did exercise for about 20 minutes yesterday thats a start... and drank about 64oz of water... so i am on my way...

well have a great day i will check back later... carly

chrily
11-01-2005, 09:14 PM
Starting a new thread!