Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 01:12 PM   #1  
Melissa

Exclamation Healthy Halloween Challenge

In the never-ending challenge losing weight (and keeping it off), it is often helpful to create small goals for ourselves. Using special events or holidays can help us to have specific rewards in mind.

Several of us are going to set specific goals that we would like to reach by Halloween. Anyone is welcome to join in! We can use this thread to post what our goals are and update our progress along the way. You can be as specific or as general as you would like. Letting everyone know what our goals are, and how they are going, will enable us to help each other along the way!

Last edited by septembersgoal; 09-05-2005 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:04 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I'm shooting for 147. That's from a current 151.8 (slipped a little in the last few weeks).
Old 09-02-2005, 03:20 PM   #3  

I guess my goal is to maintain at or below 125, even through TOM and holidays and such. I'd also like to exercise at least a little each day, and hopefully get my 1000 mile walking award by Halloween. That works out to around 33 miles a week, I think, which is fairly do-able for me, since most days, I put on about 6 miles.

Angela
Old 09-02-2005, 03:31 PM   #4  
Melissa

My goal is to get to 170, or as close as possible. It is a somewhat unrealistic goal, but it gives me something to really push for. In order to accomplish that goal I'm going to stay on plan and start incorporating exercise at least four times a week into my life. I think that exercise will be what breaks or makes me.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:06 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Melissa, as soon as it cools down some, I'm walking at lunch. Can you do that? Right now early morning and late evenings are the only times, and I have other chores to do then. The middle of the workday is about the only time but no way will I walk in this heat. It's still around 100º here.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:41 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

my goal is to weigh 180 by halloween. that will be my lowest weight in about a year. i think i got down to 178 last fall but that didn't last long.

1. i will stay on core using my wpa's as necessary. (5 per day except for a special occasion.) when there's a special occasion, i will budget my wpa's so i won't go over 35.

2. i will walk at least 3 miles per day. (i am going to try to walk more but will always do at least 3.)

3. i will go to ww meeting every week. (now that bowhunting season is here i may have to go to meetings other than my regular wi day.)

4. i will follow the food guidelines better.

5. i will drink at least 8 glasses of water per day in addition to any other caffeine free beverages.

6. i am going to have fun with this by trying new recipes and making "core" treats.

7. i am going to continue having a positive attitude. i am on my way now. halloween is a good starting place and i will get to my ultimate goal in the near future.

okay, how's that for a plan?
Old 09-02-2005, 04:47 PM   #7  
Melissa

Sandra, what a plan!

Kathy, I wish I could walk during lunch, but most days I don't get a lunch break. We have therapy groups that meet during lunch time, so that usually ends up being the busiest time of day in our office.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:02 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

melissa, you and aaron take walks in the evenings, don't you? i know walking is helping me now for sure.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:32 PM   #9  

Ok, I’m jumping on my broomstick for the Halloween challenge! Here’s what I hope to accomplish:

1. Reduce my sweets and carbs.
2. Reduce my portions—stop when satisfied.
3. Walk 4-5 times per week.
4. Do something nice for MYSELF once a week. Something that will make me feel special and helps relieve stress.
5. I WILL NOT buy any Halloween candy until the day before and will only buy something I don’t like. I usually start buying it now!
6. Doing the above, I hope to lose 10 lbs.

Vicki B.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:45 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

sounds like a lot of good goals here.
HALLOWEEN, HERE WE COME!!!!

Last edited by ontarget; 09-02-2005 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:48 AM   #11  

I am shooting for 150 (7 pounds) by Halloween. That's not quite a pound a week, but I know that being only 12 pounds from my goal weight that the weight is going to come off slower. I need a goal that is doable for me or I get depressed about not making it. Water is my big priority. I am going to shoot for at least 20 ounces at work! I also need to start exercising and will try for twice a week.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:59 AM   #12  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi,
Thanks for setting up the challenge. My goal is to weigh 207# by Halloween. That means I will lose 7# by then. My additional and very important goal is to eat only when I am hungry and to find distractions when I would like to eat but know I'm not hungry.
Good luck to us all.
Itryharder
Old 09-03-2005, 12:36 PM   #13  

My goal for the Halloween challenge will be to be in the 230's. I am 245 right now. Down from 248 this week. I am aiming to got to Curves 3X a week.
Vivian
Old 09-03-2005, 12:39 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

itry and vivian, sounds like ya'll have good plans.

wouldn't it be neat to have a cyber halloween party to celebrate our successes?
Old 09-03-2005, 03:18 PM   #15  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Great Idea!

I plan to be in the 180s by Hallowe'en - which means 189 at the most - about a 10 lb loss in the next 8 weeks which is doable IF AND ONLY IF I start to exercise regularly.

So this is my main goal - when I get home I plan to join the local Curves and exercise at least 3 x per week for the next 8 weeks - and I'm sure that will help me reach my goal!

Frouf
Closed Thread