Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 08:45 AM   #1  
Melissa

Default It's Heaven on Core Board 27!

How about that?
Old 09-02-2005, 08:48 AM   #2  
Melissa

Starting on a positive note, CONGRATS Sandra on losing 3.4 pounds!!! That is amazing! I'm sure that you can give yourself big time credit for all of that exercise and good eating this week. What a fabulous loss.

I did weigh-in this morning despite the fact that I haven't really been doing anything right this week. I am still 192. TOM has arrived (so I guess I'm not pregnant after all!) and I am anticipating a better week to come.

Kathy, it sounds like you are really making progress with your house remodeling project. That is really exciting.

Vickie, you have been a busy lady! I hope that you have a good day today.

Billie, have fun with all of those kids! I'm sure you will have a great time.

Gotta get to work. I hope that all of you have a really wonderful and blessed day today.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:36 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Everyone! It's 8:15 and I'm already back from Ethan's birthday breakfast. Jim and I brought him balloons (one with Scoobie Doo which is one of his favorite cartoon characters!) and I brought 2 candles and some matches with me. We put the candles in his pigs in a blanket and sang Happy Birthday. He had a great time and so did we. The only down side was setting the alarm for 5:15 so I could shower and get makeup on before we went. I go NOWHERE, without a face and a shower!

I spent 8 points on breakfast but it really wasn't unhealthy just not all Core. I'm pleased with my choices. It's funny though that I don't feel as satisfied as I do when I eat Core foods. Perhaps my eating habits are really changing. That would be a good thing!

Sandra, CONGRATULATIONS! OMG, 3.4 pounds is amazing. Aren't you just showing your body who is boss! You have to say it's the exercise and being more active. I always walk 1.5 miles on my treadmill, but maybe I should try to get in a second walk once in a while. Especially on those lazy days. You should be smiling and very proud of yourself.

Terry, you look incredible. I'm VERY happy for you.

Well, I need to go make a grocery list for the stuff that I need for the birthday party tomorrow and my Labor Day party on Monday. I can't believe my weigh in is only 2 days away. I'm not liking this 6 day thing but I don't want to weigh in after the Labor Day Party since that's the one where I'll have absolutely no control over the menu.

Talk to you all later.

Last edited by Vickie; 09-02-2005 at 09:39 AM.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:14 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, all! It's a super busy day for me -- I have to work 10 hours today to get all my time in. Got up at 5:00, got here at 6:00 and I'm walking out at 4:00 no matter what! Did I mention I was leaving at 4:00 NO MATTER WHAT!!!????!!!

Congratulations, Sandra! Woohoo, you go girl! That is awesome!

I might be back tonight and I might not be, depending on what all needs to be done tonight. I'm trying to do one little project each day, like clean out drawers, or organize the pantry, etc. So far I've done super and I'm very pleased with the starkness of it. I'm decluttering and deknick-knacking at the same time; as much as it pains me to get rid of some things, I have to remember that the memory should be in my head and not in my house. Of course there are other things that I wouldn't part with if there was a gun to my head, such as the quilt I made my sister when she turned terminal. She slept with it for the last six months and my BIL gave it back to me when she went to hospice. No WAY will it ever leave. Lots of other things will be carted off to charity where I hope they can be used to help an evacuee family set up housekeeping here. We have so many, even in Arlington. The mission helped 100 displaced families just on Tuesday and Wednesday. Here we thought we were so far from the destruction, but I guess the Dallas area is one of the next closest with resources (convention centers, etc.) to accomodate the people.

Have a happy day.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:25 AM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sounds like Texas is being very generous, Kathy. You should be very proud of your state! Have a great day. I'm going for a nap now.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:31 AM   #6  

Good morning—

It’s cold and foggy here! I’m sick of this weather!

I have lots to do today…work and party stuff. I’m having a b’day party for my mom on Sunday. With all the pain I have from this fibromyalgia it’s hard to really get moving or move as quickly as I used to. I feel so behind in the party prep and have little energy to tackle it all. I’m trying to delegate as much as I can. I have 25 people coming for dinner.

I weighed myself today (weighing on Fridays at home) and I’m down 1.5 lbs. I was shocked being that TOM is about to start!

Sandra: Congrats!!! You rock girl!

Terry: You really look great. Thanks for sharing your pic.

Melissa: HHHMMM.. so TOM started. Are you still feeling crummy?

Rita: I’m so sorry you are still sick. Sounds like it’s going around and you’re just having trouble kicking it.

Vickie: What a nice b’day breakfast.

Kathy: Hope you can get out by 4:00!!

Billie: Good luck with the grands today. What do you have planned.

Have a great day!

Vicki B.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:32 AM   #7  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Congratulations Sandra - way to go - 3.4 lbs is an awesome loss!

Terry - you look amazing! and of course I love that PINK hoodie - great choice!...and I think the moon/sun theme is a great idea! Good luck finding what you are looking for. My ds has those glow in the dark stars/planets in his room and they are soo coooool!

Vickie - sounds like you did great at the bday breakfast? You might want to catch a little nap later on?

Angela - sorry about the memphis thing and sending good vibes to your sister - I sure hope she makes it at the Chicago audition.

Kathy - I hope you slept well? I can't even imagine getting up that early! and I need to follow your example of decluttering - there is so much "stuff" hidden away at our house, we really need to clear it all up - poor dh has such trouble getting rid of stuff - I am more ruthless and always have a goodwill bag ready to go!

Melissa - congrats on turtling and I hope w/TOM arrival you will start feeling better!!!

I went out w/my girlfriend last night - very fancy restaurant/bar - had the signature drink - a Bellini - wow it was great like a grown up peach slushy (peach liquer, rum, champagne all slushed together w/ a splash of sangria on top). Also had the baked goat cheese/garlic appetizer - some flat bread to dip in a small dollop of cheese (not enuf in my opinion), a roasted garlic head, and some very nice spicy/tart cranberry chutney stuff. Very yummy! GF had ice cream and wanted me to join her but I didn't!

About to go out shopping to some huge amazing mall w/indoor amusement park for kids. Had breakfast here: 2 shredded wheat w/milk, peaches and blueberries, and coffee w/light cream. Will probably have lunch at mall food court?...company coming for dinner I understand - more bbqing - steak and salmon, salad, and sweet potato dish - sounds like this might work for me?

Anyhow, wishing everyone a great weekend - will check in later!

Frouf
Old 09-02-2005, 03:35 PM   #8  
Melissa

Afternoon ladies! My eating has been crazy today. I have been genuinely hungry all day, I suppose it is due to TOM. I am wanting sugar and bread so badly! I did break down and have a cookie, but other than that I have been eating fairly decent foods. Not all core, but better choices.

Billie, I hope that you have fun planning and putting on your party. 25 people is a lot! Yes I am still feeling crummy, as in fatigue anyway. I'm starting to think it is stress (job-related probably).

Frouf, I'm so glad that you are enjoying yourself. It sounds like you are doing well. I hope that you can get in lots of rest and relaxation!

Terry, I forgot to tell you earlier how great you look in that pic! You make those jeans look good.

Kathy, I hope that you have managed to get out of the office. I'm still here for another hour and a half. Yuck. Your projects sound like they are going well. I have been trying to declutter my house, too, although not quite as diligently as you!

I think I'm going to go watch tv. On Friday afternoons everyone leaves except two people and the two left never do much of anything, if possible.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:04 PM   #9  

LOL! Boy howdy, did I manage to get out by 4:00! I left at 12:30 but have to go in this weekend to make up the time. The computers have to be signed for and all kids are at work. Big DD had to be at work at 1:00 so I went home to take over the "door watching." So far, nothing. Hopefully it'll be soon.

I had a McDonald's Egg McMuffin this morning and a ham and swiss sandwich for lunch. Not sure about dinner but I sure am hungry and am NOT interested in behaving. That spells trouble ... usually means I can talk Judd into Mexican food with no problem. I'm not sure what the kids will do; little DD will probably be with her BF and maybe I can give big DD and DS some money and say shoo -- go eat somewhere.

I just vacuumed and am about to pull everything out of the pantry. Well, I might wait a while, at least until 5:00 after Judge Judy.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:10 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

hi, chickies. thank you all for your words of praise. i'm bubbly all over right now. i have to give ya'll a lot of the credit. without your help i'd still be floundering and feeling sorry for myself. you have empowered me. thank you very much.

just got home from running errands. curtis is leaving in the am for an all day hunt. i may be working in the yard but i'll prob be here off and on during the day. i also rented me some chick flicks. he's supposed to be gone sat/sun but will be home each evening late. he looks forward to this all year. i kind of do, too. i'll start hunting with him next week. he's elk hunting this weekend. i will deer hunt and possibly bear hunt. remember, i'm a bmw.

billie, looks like melissa has made us a thread for the halloween challenge. i'll go check it out in a minute. i was wondering earlier why your email was so short. i didn't realize you had the grands. have fun with them.

melissa, i weigh 190.2 now. we are still right together. you'll prob have a good drop after tom is gone. i'm sorry you aren't pregnant. maybe you and aaron need to practice more? seriously, i hope you get to feeling better fast.

vickie, it's going to take days to wipe this smile off my face. i've been doing 3 miles a day the last few days. i plan to up that starting tomorrow. (unless i get a burr today and start earlier) i know what you mean about not being as satisfied on non-core foods. i think they have things in them that trigger hunger, don't you?

kathy, i have a friend in tx who listens to a black radio station out of dallas. she's been telling me about all that's going on in your area. i can tell you're stirring up a lot of memories while going through things. i hope you're smiling even if there are a few tears mixed in.

vicki, congratulations to you, too. i am very happy for you. i know your mom appreciates all you're doing for her. she's a lucky gal to have you for a daughter.

frouf, i am so green with envy. i would love to do what you're doing. i get in such a rut. i am proud of you for being "rutless."

melissa, thank you for starting the halloween challenge. i'll go do my thing over there in just a minute. okay, no more cookies! i am proud of you for stopping after one. that takes wantpower. you know what you want.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:20 PM   #11  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarget
i'm sorry you aren't pregnant. maybe you and aaron need to practice more?
You are so funny!
Old 09-02-2005, 04:28 PM   #12  

Sandra (and everybody else), check this out. So far there are 24 pages of posts ... most offering homes to strangers, and some looking for info on friends and loved ones. It is incredible, and this is only one of many many sites like this in the DFW area.

http://forums.ibsys.com/viewmessages...15&Topic=12567
Old 09-02-2005, 04:34 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

thanks, kathy. i'll go check it out.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:38 PM   #14  
Melissa

Sandra, I hope that you are enjoying your chick flicks, you BMW You are SO close to the 180's now!! Can you believe it? You are flying past me. It's all of that exercise. Your discipline is paying off. The Halloween challenge seems to be off to a good start.

Kathy, I hope that you have a fun evening. At least you left work before 4! Did your computers come today?

We are going to watch a movie tonight and just relax. I plan on taking a walk and using the gazelle, maybe!
Old 09-02-2005, 08:01 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

melissa, i don't think i'm flying past you. remember you're having tom. you're going to drop some lbs when it's over.

yes, it looks like the halloween challenge is off with a bang. won't we all be cute goblins?

we're watching "the cut" tonight. life is good.
Closed Thread