South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 10:08 PM   #1  

Default Do you journal???

I have started a 3FC journal - which is a great bonus on being a member of the site.

I intend to use it at the end of the day, usually when I check in, to review how I went for the day. I need to get a bit more honest with my eating and I have found in the past that a journal worked very well. I had one on my computer - but it is nice to also share my weightloss journey with others.

Do you journal? Do you find it helpful?
Old 09-02-2005, 05:56 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I journal and use it for everything, not just weightloss. I've been journalling for years and this is certainly less paper.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:06 AM   #3  
Who needs sleep?

I'm the kid who always had at least 3 diaries with about 4 entries (average) in each! I don't even try any more - I'm just too inconsistant!
Old 09-02-2005, 06:14 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-ko
I'm the kid who always had at least 3 diaries with about 4 entries (average) in each! I don't even try any more - I'm just too inconsistant!
i am pretty much the same, but in the past when I have made the effort to set aside 15 minutes either at the end of each day or the beginning it usually works quite well... but I currently have about 4 journals with a few entries in each
Old 09-02-2005, 03:50 PM   #5  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I journal at the one below to keep it all in one place
Old 09-03-2005, 07:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

I keep trying to keep a consistent journal, for weight loss (or gain!!), exercise and also a daily life journal, but I find it hard to keep going, after an enthusiastic start.

Interesting, I'm currently reading books that are focused on maintaining after weight loss - I'm kind of starting at the the end to work back to the beginning!- and most maintainers who have kept weight off for more than one year kept a food journal during their weight loss process, and still keep a journal even at goal. Research is showing it to be a very valuable tool in the losing process.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:52 AM   #7  

I actually downloaded a journal program today for my computer. I like typing and easily adding in pictures and music - very cool.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:02 AM   #8  

Hi. I just went to check out the 3FC's journals. Do you have to register seperately for that then when we registered for the message boards? I am trying to check them out. I have not used them in the past. I just started using fitday. It is neato! www.fitday.com in case someone is interested.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:10 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, you do have to register seperately for the Journals. Fitday is great and lots of us use it. I even splurged and got the $$ version so I don't need to log on all the time to get it. Last month's usage was 104 hours so I'm cutting back.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:26 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
Yes, you do have to register seperately for the Journals. Fitday is great and lots of us use it. I even splurged and got the $$ version so I don't need to log on all the time to get it. Last month's usage was 104 hours so I'm cutting back.
Oh ok. That is what I was thinking. How do you know how many hours you spent on fitday? Is that only with the paid version? I am going to have to check it out more maybe. I am just figuring out the fitday online though lol. Thanks for the info though! I was not sure about the 3FC journals.
Closed Thread