Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 06:24 AM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Default Fab 40's and Fit 50's #175

Terri,
Are you safe and sound after Katrina passed through? It seems a while since we've heard from you. Let us know!

Ruth,
By now you've probably gotten a great job since graduating. How is everything with you?

A big Hi to everyone
~Jen
Old 08-31-2005, 08:45 AM   #2  
Queen of the Fresh Start

It is sooo quiet in here!
My heart is heavy when I see the devastation in the South. I worry about Terri and her family.
New Orleans was a favorite of ours, we've been there 3 times and each time we went I fell in love just a bit more with the city. There have been so many losses.
Hope all is well with everyone.
~Jen
Old 08-31-2005, 09:29 AM   #3  

Hi guys.

We had a lot of winds (up to 70 MPH). It was scary for about 24 hours.
We had a mess outside and power outages. The devistation down south is so sad. I have been crying listening to some of the stories. I have a good friend that lives in Destrehan (30 miles from NO) and she left the day before it hit for her dad's in North La. I hope she is ok.

Jen,
It sounds like you heard the click. Keep it up. You will not be sorry.
You are almost in the teen sizes. So close. I'll bet you can taste it. That taste is better than real food.
THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR CONCERN.
I hope Lee stays away. We don't need back to back storms again.

Dianne,
Glad your party was a hit. Sorry you didn't feel well.
I am so glad things are working out for Alana.

Es,
I hope the pain goes away soon.
Britts is doing pretty well. She is getting a dose of the real world.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 09-01-2005, 08:24 AM   #4  

Hi Friends,

Jen, you are right we have gotten awfully quiet here lately, but I am so glad to know that we are here for each other.

I keep watching all of the tragedies in the gulf after Katrina, it seems so dreadful that it is hard to grasp. I keep thinking about the Tsunami last year too and realizing that our ability to inform people about the weather made it a little better here, but it can only go so far. I am afraid we have a lot ahead of us still.

Dianne, I hope you are feeling better by now. I was glad to hear that Willie's big 60 bash was a great event, and I hope you enjoyed it despite coming down with all of those "itis'es". Having all the kids together must have been great. Congrats to Alana on going straight on to grad school, what is she studying? I too have forgotten.

Terri, Britt's schedule sounds really challenging, is it the same every day?
What are her courses? So glad that you were not hit hard by the hurricane, I keep wondering about Ruth, I believe she lives in Louisiana.

Es, Did you find out about the pain management, it is probably a good thing to do while you continue to heal. I hope we can get going together and click with WW. I am waiting until after Labor Day when we move Greg to the college.

Zoe and Jen, keep up the good work on WW any setbacks are probably just temporary water weight. But you two are doing fabulously on the path to success.

By the way, Greg did great healing from the wisdom teeth ordeal. Within 3 days he and his friends were back at work on a comedy/horror movie. They are using borrowed equipment from the local cable TV company. He is so busy working with them that I have to keep pulling him back to get ready for the move to school this weekend.
I had one job interview, but was not selected, I still have 2 small contracts with clients so I am working 2 to 3 days a week. In the meantime Mike is waiting for Greg to go off to college before he begins job hunting. Am I nervous? Yes! But Mike has to do it his way.

Hello to anyone I missed,
Hugs to all,

Sandy
Old 09-01-2005, 01:50 PM   #5  

Sandy,
I am so glad Greg has gotten over the Wisdom extraction. How does it feel him going to school? I wish Mike all the luck with the job hunting.
It is so sad to watch all the tragedy in the south. It seems surreal. It is so close to me but seems so far away. I cannot even imagine what they are all going through. And to think New Orleans seemed ok and all the attention was on Mississippi and then BAM. Watching people look for their houses, family and friends is heart wrenching.
((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))
Terri
Old 09-02-2005, 11:38 AM   #6  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Good morning my buddies

Yes, its really sad and to me unimagineable what has happened in New Orleans. The stories are heartbreaking. I pray that things get better for those poor people sooner rather than later. I've also been thinking about Terri (glad you guys are okay) and Ruth - Ruth lives is Louisianna! I know it's not in New Orleans, but I don't know how far she is from there. I hope she and her family are okay.

Jen & Sandy - thanks for the congrats for Alana going right on to Grad School. She has wanted to be a teacher since she was about 3 years old and lining up her dolls and stuffed animals and teaching them with her blackboard and chalk Amazingly, she still has the same dream so she is going for her master's in Early Childhood Education. She wants to teach like 1st graders. She already has a job at the college also, so its working out well for her. She and Casey have been talking about marriage - they will celebrate 3 years of being together this month We like him alot, but I think they argue too much. He is going to be a lawyer, so I guess arguing will come in handy for him We'll see what happens.

Hi Es, mi amiga - How are you doing - did you start the pain managment yet?
You will hear the click one of these days, don't worry. You never give up and that will pay off for you one day.

Willie and I went off all my ourselves last weekend to a cabin upstate NY. It was great - we did nothing but relax. We went to dinner in nice restaurants, went to the movies when it rained - we saw the Wedding Crashers - very funny It was great to get away by ourselves for a change - you need that every once in a while.

Hi ZoeGirl, Ruth (hope you're okay) - come in and say hi.

Hi to everyone else too! Hope you all have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 09-02-2005, 06:28 PM   #7  

Dianne,
Sounds like you needed the rest. Glad you got some and I hope you are feeling better. That is too cute about Alana. Brittany has always wanted to be a teacher too. Nothing better than a good teacher. Too many are not.
I wish more focus was on the good ones. My fantasy is to teach in the same school as Brittany. That'd be cool.

I hope Ruth is ok. If you are out there let us know.

Luv y'all,
Terri
Old 09-03-2005, 10:28 AM   #8  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

Hi Girls,

Glad to hear most of you are OK. Hope we hear from Ruth.

Terri, I thought of you right away. I was so happy to hear you only got high winds. Britt is such a good girl. How's the job coming along?

Mi amiga, your getaway sounded relaxing. We need that every now & then. I can't believe Alana has been with Casey 3 years! At least you like him. I don't know about the arguing but then again you can't tell them what to do right?

Sandy, I rejoined WW yesterday. I'll be going to the Friday 5:15 meetings. Let's see if I hear "the click". I'm glad Greg didn't have too much pain. When David got his pulled he was pretty much out of it for a day 1/2.

Jen, pool season is almost over. I love the Fall. They have all the halloween decorations in the stores.

So sad about that horrific hurricane. I cry everyday for the survivors. They lost everything.

I have a busy day ahead of me. Be backl later or if not, tomorrow.

Have a nice day my friends.

Hugs!

Last edited by Rios426; 09-03-2005 at 10:39 AM.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:34 PM   #9  
Queen of the Fresh Start

It's hard to believe that the scenes we're seeing are taking place in the United States. I can only hope that things improve for the many victims.

Today we went to Frankfort, Illinois (about 1.5 hours away) for a craft sale that Iliana told us about.....it was incredibly huge! More than 300 exhibitors, it claims to be the biggest in the Midwest. We had a beautifully sunny day....picked up a few cute items. We've already agreed that we'll go to it again next year. The guys were very good sports...in spite of the fact that they weren't into it like we were.

I spoke to my sister Kathie; she had her 2nd chemo treatment yesterday. She has had no nausea/vomiting! After her first treatment, she was sick for 4 days. I'm thrilled that she had an easy time of it.

Es,
Good for you, for joining! I know you can do it. Stay positive, focused, and you will succeed.

On that note, this is a weekend from **** in terms of counting points. Then next weekend we're going to Michigan for a Wine & Heritage Festival. Can we say even more points? But that's ok, I'll keep on plugging.

HI to everyone
~Jen
Old 09-04-2005, 08:15 AM   #10  

Good Morning Buddies,

Today is a big day for us. We are packing up two cars and driving Greg off to college. Yesterday my brother-in-law had his annual Labor Day weekend party one day early so that Greg could be there for his hugs from the family. Mike is one of 7 kids so we had quite a bash yesterday.

My side of the family is going through a few scary moments lately. One of my brothers was hit by a car when a woman was driving and applying makeup at the same time. She drifted across the yellow line, hit an oncoming car on the bumper, spun and hit my brother's car broadside. Luckily she hit the rear driver side door and not my brother directly. My other brother was stung by a bee and had that anaphylactic reaction while he was alone with his 8 year old twins. They ran to the neighbors and who called 911 so the EMT's could come. Thank God they are both ok. What with the horror of the hurricane I was feeling blessed that we were in a safe place, but life is really always precarious and we can't take our loved ones for granted.

ES, for getting started again on WW, I will start this Tuesday after we get into our new routine at home.

Terri, It is hard to send Greg off to school, I am so proud of him and he is really growing up, but he is the baby of the family (only 2 kids, Dave and Greg). It goes by too fast, but I already know that you are good at treasuring your family and enjoy so many special moments.

Hugs to everyone,
TTYL,
Sandy

Last edited by Sandancy; 09-04-2005 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:37 PM   #11  

Sandy,
I am so glad your brothers are ok. on taking Greg to school.
I can only imagine. Brittany is my first.

Jen,
Sounds like you are having fun. Just remember this plan is so we can have fun like this and get right back if we need to. You are doing so well.

Es,
YAY! You can do it girl. Good luck.
Brittany has a date. She is seeing a boy from school in about 30 min.
His name is Aaron. He seems nice. He better be.
Her job is good but they had to cut hours for her school. She hates that.

I just got word that my mom is back in the hospital. She might have had another stroke. They fear that she might have clots by her heart and they can't put her back on Cumadin cause it could be deadly (massive bleedout) but that would be the only way to dissolve the clots. Damned if we do and damned if we don't. We have to wait for tests that they will do on Tuesday. Please keep her in your prayers. She had such a good day yesterday. Laughing and doing her rehab. Now she can't talk. She understands but she can't talk.

Luv y'all,
Terri
Old 09-05-2005, 08:27 AM   #12  

Hi Terri,

My heart goes out to you and your mom. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers, I hope so much that she will improve soon.

Jen, I was glad to get an update on your sister Kathy, needless to say she will remain in my prayers too.

Hugs,
Sandy
Old 09-05-2005, 08:42 AM   #13  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Sandy,
Sending your baby off to college is a milestone; hope he settles in quickly and that you're adjusting. Thank goodness both of your brothers are okay. Great job by your nieces on getting help for their Dad!

Terri,
Big hugs to you and your Mom, and my prayers that she gets through this without more suffering.
Hard to believe Brittany is working and going to school; I think she was 14 when we met! I'm sure the guy she chose to go out with would be ok, she's always been sensible.

Hope everyone enjoys their Labor Day....rest....relax.....!!!

~Jen
Old 09-07-2005, 02:26 PM   #14  
STARDUST

Hi Everyone! I'm new to this site in some ways. I've looked at it over the years and it has really come a long way. I just 'married off' my oldest daughter who is 22 and have a 13 yo daughter at home. I was married 24 years and have been divorced for 2 years. I lost 40 pounds a couple of years ago on WW and have been able to keep it off, now I'm ready for the next 50 to come off. I am very sorry for those of you who lived in the storm ravaged area. Everyone have a great week!
Old 09-07-2005, 09:05 PM   #15  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone,

Terri,
How's your Mom? I have been thinking of you all and praying for her.

Es,
Will you be weighing in on Saturdays? That's my favorite day/meeting/time. How's your first week going? I've been struggling, but am not giving up. Just a minor setback. My SIL lost another 3 pounds..she's at 61 total! I'm so happy for her success, she deserves it.

Stardust,
Welcome! Hope you find this a nice place to visit, and get to know the girls...they're a wonderful group.

Sandy,
Are you and Mike enjoying being empty-nesters? of is Dave at home? I think he was? When Joey moved out I was devastated, but am used to it now, and love it!

Dianne,
How's everything? You must be busy with the start of the new school year.

It looks as though we've got a couple of girls MIA....Ruth, Zoe, Leeann, LJ.....stop in and say HI

I went shopping for some slacks and jeans today. In jeans, the 22's were too big, the 20's too short (in petite) and the 20's too long (in regular length) it looks as tho it's not time for me to shop for jeans yet As far as dress slacks for work go, I've got to do some searching. I tried on 20's that were too big...yes!!!!! and couldn't find a style I liked. It's been quite a while since I could be picky and chose pants that fit WELL, rather than just feeling lucky they fit.

One more day of work, then we're off for the long weekend...can't wait!

Hi to everyone,
~Jen
Closed Thread